Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on colonic neoplasms in Evanston, Illinois, United States
Locale: Evanston, Illinois, United States
Topic: colonic neoplasms
- Kunte D, Wali R, Koetsier J, Hart J, Kostjukova M, Kilimnik A, et al. Down-regulation of the tumor suppressor gene C-terminal Src kinase: an early event during premalignant colonic epithelial hyperproliferation. FEBS Lett. 2005;579:3497-502 pubmed..Thus, we demonstrate, for the first time, that Csk suppression is an important early event in colorectal cancer pathogenesis. ..
- Roy H, Kim Y, Wali R, Liu Y, Koetsier J, Kunte D, et al. Spectral markers in preneoplastic intestinal mucosa: an accurate predictor of tumor risk in the MIN mouse. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2005;14:1639-45 pubmed..Moreover, the reversal of spectral markers by celecoxib treatment supports the neoplastic relevance. ..
- Brand R, Jones D, Lynch H, Brand R, Watson P, Ashwathnayaran R, et al. Risk of colon cancer in hereditary non-polyposis colorectal cancer patients as predicted by fuzzy modeling: Influence of smoking. World J Gastroenterol. 2006;12:4485-91 pubmed..These data demonstrate that fuzzy modeling may enable formulation of clinical risk scores, thereby allowing individualization of CRC prevention strategies. ..
- Roy H, Wali R, Kim Y, Liu Y, Hart J, Kunte D, et al. Inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) mediates the early increase of blood supply (EIBS) in colon carcinogenesis. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:3857-62 pubmed..These data indicate that iNOS induction may have a critical role in augmenting the predysplastic mucosal blood supply and thereby fostering colon carcinogenesis. ..
- Qi W, Weber C, Wasland K, Savkovic S. Genistein inhibits proliferation of colon cancer cells by attenuating a negative effect of epidermal growth factor on tumor suppressor FOXO3 activity. BMC Cancer. 2011;11:219 pubmed publisher..These novel anti-proliferative mechanisms of genistein suggest a possible role of combining genistein with other chemoreceptive agents for the treatment of colon cancer. ..
- Rubinstein W, Acheson L, O Neill S, Ruffin M, Wang C, Beaumont J, et al. Clinical utility of family history for cancer screening and referral in primary care: a report from the Family Healthware Impact Trial. Genet Med. 2011;13:956-65 pubmed publisher..Engagement of clinicians and patients, integration with clinical decision support, and inclusion of nonfamilial risk factors may be necessary to achieve the full potential of computerized risk assessment. ..
- Kunte D, Delacruz M, Wali R, Menon A, Du H, Stypula Y, et al. Dysregulation of microRNAs in colonic field carcinogenesis: implications for screening. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45591 pubmed publisher..Based on our results, we propose an accurate, inexpensive, non-invasive miRNA test for CRC risk stratification based on rectal brushings or from abraded fecal colonocytes. ..