Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell cycle proteins in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Locale: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Topic: cell cycle proteins
Publications149 found, 100 shown here
- Gordon G, Zhang T, Zhao J, Du W. Deregulated G1-S control and energy stress contribute to the synthetic-lethal interactions between inactivation of RB and TSC1 or TSC2. J Cell Sci. 2013;126:2004-13 pubmed publisher..The insights gained from this study suggest new approaches for targeting RB-deficient cancers. ..
- Shiyanov P, Hayes S, Donepudi M, Nichols A, Linn S, Slagle B, et al. The naturally occurring mutants of DDB are impaired in stimulating nuclear import of the p125 subunit and E2F1-activated transcription. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:4935-43 pubmed..The results provide insights into the functions of the subunits of DDB and suggest a possible link between the role of DDB in E2F1-activated transcription and the repair deficiency disease XP-E. ..
- Kwon Y, Jovanovic A, Serfas M, Tyner A. The Cdk inhibitor p21 is required for necrosis, but it inhibits apoptosis following toxin-induced liver injury. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:30348-55 pubmed
- Singh A, Evens A, Anderson R, Beckstead J, Sankar N, Sassano A, et al. All trans retinoic acid nanodisks enhance retinoic acid receptor mediated apoptosis and cell cycle arrest in mantle cell lymphoma. Br J Haematol. 2010;150:158-69 pubmed publisher..In summary, incorporation of ATRA into ND enhanced the biological activity of this retinoid in cell culture models of MCL...
- Hickok J, Sahni S, Mikhed Y, Bonini M, Thomas D. Nitric oxide suppresses tumor cell migration through N-Myc downstream-regulated gene-1 (NDRG1) expression: role of chelatable iron. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:41413-24 pubmed publisher..These data, in summary, reveal a link between (•)NO, chelatable iron, and regulation of NDRG1 expression and signaling in tumor cells. ..
- Foltz D, Nye J. Hyperphosphorylation and association with RBP of the intracellular domain of Notch1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;286:484-92 pubmed..These studies reveal that phosphorylation of the intracellular domain of the Notch receptor is a dynamic process during the events of Notch signal transduction. ..
- Saberwal G, Lucas S, Janssen I, Deobhakta A, Hu W, Galili N, et al. Increased levels and activity of E2F1 transcription factor in myelodysplastic bone marrow. Int J Hematol. 2004;80:146-54 pubmed..Hence, the observation in MDS of increased E2F1 activity in the presence of normal Rb levels is novel and unique, and E2F1 activity in association with apoptosis in S-phase cells may thus have significant therapeutic implications. ..
- Du W. Suppression of the rbf null mutants by a de2f1 allele that lacks transactivation domain. Development. 2000;127:367-79 pubmed
- Fung S, Ramsay G, Katzen A. MYB and CBP: physiological relevance of a biochemical interaction. Mech Dev. 2003;120:711-20 pubmed..Genetic interaction analysis reveals that these genes work together to promote mitosis, thereby demonstrating the physiological relevance of the biochemical interaction between the Myb and CBP proteins within a developing organism. ..
- Barry K, Schultz K, Payne C, McGarry T. Geminin is required for mitotic proliferation of spermatogonia. Dev Biol. 2012;371:35-46 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that Geminin maintains replication fidelity during the mitotic phase of spermatogenesis, ensuring the precise duplication of genetic information for transmission to the next generation. ..
- Charles C, Abler A, Lau L. cDNA sequence of a growth factor-inducible immediate early gene and characterization of its encoded protein. Oncogene. 1992;7:187-90 pubmed..Using affinity-purified antibodies, we have identified the 3CH134 protein in serum-stimulated Balb/c 3T3 cells and determined that it has a short half-life. ..
- Zhang L, Wang C. PAX3-FKHR transformation increases 26 S proteasome-dependent degradation of p27Kip1, a potential role for elevated Skp2 expression. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:27-36 pubmed
- Schirmer E, Homann O, Kowal A, Lindquist S. Dominant gain-of-function mutations in Hsp104p reveal crucial roles for the middle region. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:2061-72 pubmed..That mutations in an 11-amino acid stretch of the MR have such profound and diverse effects suggests the MR plays a central role in regulating Hsp104p function. ..
- Akhisaroglu M, Ahmed R, Kurtuncu M, Manev H, Uz T. Diurnal rhythms in cocaine sensitization and in Period1 levels are common across rodent species. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2004;79:37-42 pubmed..g., time of day and subject strain) to study the role of these genes in psychiatric disorders such as addiction and depression. ..
- Hornick J, Karanjeet K, Collins E, Hinchcliffe E. Kinesins to the core: The role of microtubule-based motor proteins in building the mitotic spindle midzone. Semin Cell Dev Biol. 2010;21:290-9 pubmed publisher..Here we focus on reviewing the role played by a variety of kinesins in both building and operating the spindle midzone machinery during cytokinesis. ..
- Zhang W, Bu S, Mashek M, O Sullivan I, Sibai Z, Khan S, et al. Integrated Regulation of Hepatic Lipid and Glucose Metabolism by Adipose Triacylglycerol Lipase and FoxO Proteins. Cell Rep. 2016;15:349-59 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that intrahepatic lipolysis plays a critical role in mediating and integrating the regulation of glucose and lipid metabolism downstream of FoxO proteins. ..
- Bondar T, Ponomarev A, Raychaudhuri P. Ddb1 is required for the proteolysis of the Schizosaccharomyces pombe replication inhibitor Spd1 during S phase and after DNA damage. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:9937-43 pubmed..Our results establish an essential role of Ddb1 in the proteolysis of Spd1. In addition, the observation provides evidence for a functional link between Ddb1 and the Cop9/signalosome. ..
- Jin T, Guo F, Serebriiskii I, Howard A, Zhang Y. A 1.55 A resolution X-ray crystal structure of HEF2/ERH and insights into its transcriptional and cell-cycle interaction networks. Proteins. 2007;68:427-37 pubmed..These data suggest that HEF2/ERH may be an important transcription regulator that also functions in the control of cell-cycle progression. ..
- Bruni R, Roizman B. Herpes simplex virus 1 regulatory protein ICP22 interacts with a new cell cycle-regulated factor and accumulates in a cell cycle-dependent fashion in infected cells. J Virol. 1998;72:8525-31 pubmed..The results suggest that ICP22 interacts with and may be stabilized by cell cycle-dependent proteins. ..
- Ujiki M, Ding X, Salabat M, Bentrem D, Golkar L, Milam B, et al. Apigenin inhibits pancreatic cancer cell proliferation through G2/M cell cycle arrest. Mol Cancer. 2006;5:76 pubmed..Apigenin inhibits growth of pancreatic cancer cells through suppression of cyclin B-associated cdc2 activity and G2/M arrest, and may be a valuable drug for the treatment or prevention of pancreatic cancer. ..
- Sharff K, Song W, Luo X, Tang N, Luo J, Chen J, et al. Hey1 basic helix-loop-helix protein plays an important role in mediating BMP9-induced osteogenic differentiation of mesenchymal progenitor cells. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:649-59 pubmed publisher..Thus, our findings suggest that Hey1, through its interplay with Runx2, may play an important role in regulating BMP9-induced osteoblast lineage differentiation of MSCs. ..
- Chow C, Ebine K, Knab L, Bentrem D, Kumar K, Munshi H. Cancer Cell Invasion in Three-dimensional Collagen Is Regulated Differentially by GÎ±13 Protein and Discoidin Domain Receptor 1-Par3 Protein Signaling. J Biol Chem. 2016;291:1605-18 pubmed publisher..Overall, we show that GÎ±13 and DDR1-Par3 differentially regulate cell-cell junctions and the actin cytoskeleton to mediate invasion in three-dimensional collagen. ..
- Zheng Y, Bie W, Yang R, Perekatt A, Poole A, Tyner A. Functions of p21 and p27 in the regenerating epithelial linings of the mouse small and large intestine. Cancer Biol Ther. 2008;7:873-9 pubmed..In the absence of p27, reduced levels of Cyclin D2 and D3 may help to counteract increased proproliferative signals in the intestine. ..
- Kerns S, Torke S, Benjamin J, McGarry T. Geminin prevents rereplication during xenopus development. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:5514-21 pubmed..In cell extracts, the nondegradable mutant has no effect by itself but augments the amount of rereplication observed when Geminin is depleted. We conclude that Cdt1 is regulated both by Geminin binding and by degradation...
- Losev E, Papanikou E, Rossanese O, Glick B. Cdc1p is an endoplasmic reticulum-localized putative lipid phosphatase that affects Golgi inheritance and actin polarization by activating Ca2+ signaling. Mol Cell Biol. 2008;28:3336-43 pubmed publisher..The combined data fit a model in which the cdc1 mutant phenotypes result from accumulation of a phosphorylated lipid that activates Ca(2+) signaling. ..
- Lai F, Godley L, Joslin J, Fernald A, Liu J, Espinosa R, et al. Transcript map and comparative analysis of the 1.5-Mb commonly deleted segment of human 5q31 in malignant myeloid diseases with a del(5q). Genomics. 2001;71:235-45 pubmed..The development of a transcription map will facilitate the molecular cloning of a myeloid leukemia suppressor gene on 5q. ..
- Javaheri A, Wysocki R, Jobin Robitaille O, Altaf M, Cote J, Kron S. Yeast G1 DNA damage checkpoint regulation by H2A phosphorylation is independent of chromatin remodeling. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:13771-6 pubmed
- Birukova A, Malyukova I, Mikaelyan A, Fu P, Birukov K. Tiam1 and betaPIX mediate Rac-dependent endothelial barrier protective response to oxidized phospholipids. J Cell Physiol. 2007;211:608-17 pubmed..These results show for the first time that Tiam1 and betaPIX mediate OxPAPC-induced Rac activation, cytoskeletal remodeling, and barrier protective response in pulmonary endothelium. ..
- Krupczak Hollis K, Wang X, Kalinichenko V, Gusarova G, Wang I, Dennewitz M, et al. The mouse Forkhead Box m1 transcription factor is essential for hepatoblast mitosis and development of intrahepatic bile ducts and vessels during liver morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 2004;276:74-88 pubmed
- Wu W, Pew T, Zou M, Pang D, Conzen S. Glucocorticoid receptor-induced MAPK phosphatase-1 (MPK-1) expression inhibits paclitaxel-associated MAPK activation and contributes to breast cancer cell survival. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:4117-24 pubmed..We conclude that GR-mediated MAPK inactivation contributes to cell survival and that the potential transcriptional targets of this inhibition can be identified from large scale gene array analysis. ..
- Chen F, Kamradt M, Mulcahy M, Byun Y, Xu H, McKay M, et al. Caspase proteolysis of the cohesin component RAD21 promotes apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:16775-81 pubmed..Taken together, these findings point to an entirely novel function of RAD21 in the execution of apoptosis. ..
- Lu S, Quan C, Li F, Vida L, Honig G. Hematopoietic progenitor cells derived from embryonic stem cells: analysis of gene expression. Stem Cells. 2002;20:428-37 pubmed..These latter observations may reflect the presence of heterogeneous cell populations within the cell fractions that were compared, or they may represent variability among ES-cell-derived hematopoietic stem cells...
- Grushcow J, Holzen T, Park K, Weinert T, Lichten M, Bishop D. Saccharomyces cerevisiae checkpoint genes MEC1, RAD17 and RAD24 are required for normal meiotic recombination partner choice. Genetics. 1999;153:607-20 pubmed..These observations support the suggestion that MEC1, RAD17, and RAD24, in addition to their proposed monitoring function, act to promote normal meiotic recombination. ..
- Labno C, Lewis C, You D, Leung D, Takesono A, Kamberos N, et al. Itk functions to control actin polymerization at the immune synapse through localized activation of Cdc42 and WASP. Curr Biol. 2003;13:1619-24 pubmed..Our results identify Itk as a key element of the pathway leading to localized actin polymerization at the immune synapse. ..
- Wang K, Holterman A. Pathophysiologic role of hepatocyte nuclear factor 6. Cell Signal. 2012;24:9-16 pubmed publisher..HNF6-mediated pathways represent attractive therapeutic targets for the treatment of the relative diseases such as cholestasis. ..
- Bhandarkar N, Sims H, David O. ProEx C stain analysis in recurrent respiratory papillomatosis. Ann Otol Rhinol Laryngol. 2010;119:99-104 pubmed..Further studies are necessary to determine whether ProEx C can be used in triage of cases of clinically aggressive RRP for closer follow-up or frequent operative intervention. ..
- Khair L, Chang Y, Subramanian L, Russell P, Nakamura T. Roles of the checkpoint sensor clamp Rad9-Rad1-Hus1 (911)-complex and the clamp loaders Rad17-RFC and Ctf18-RFC in Schizosaccharomyces pombe telomere maintenance. Cell Cycle. 2010;9:2237-48 pubmed..Since checkpoint sensor proteins are highly conserved, genetic redundancies uncovered here may be relevant to telomere maintenance and detection of DNA damage in other eukaryotes. ..
- Oguri T, Yeo W, Bae T, Lee H. Identification of EnvC and Its Cognate Amidases as Novel Determinants of Intrinsic Resistance to Cationic Antimicrobial Peptides. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016;60:2222-31 pubmed publisher..enterica, and provide insight into distinct mechanisms of action of CAMPs. ..
- Yamada T, Mehta R, Lekmine F, Christov K, King M, Majumdar D, et al. A peptide fragment of azurin induces a p53-mediated cell cycle arrest in human breast cancer cells. Mol Cancer Ther. 2009;8:2947-58 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that p28 and similar peptides that significantly reduce proteasomal degradation of p53 by a MDM2-independent pathway(s) may provide a unique series of cytostatic and cytotoxic (apoptotic) chemotherapeutic agents. ..
- Skau C, Kovar D. Fimbrin and tropomyosin competition regulates endocytosis and cytokinesis kinetics in fission yeast. Curr Biol. 2010;20:1415-22 pubmed publisher..Therefore, we propose that in addition to actin filament crosslinking, Fim1p has a novel role as a positive actin-binding "selector" protein that promotes the access of other proteins to actin filaments by inhibiting Cdc8p. ..
- Lanctot A, Peng C, Pawlisz A, Joksimovic M, Feng Y. Spatially dependent dynamic MAPK modulation by the Nde1-Lis1-Brap complex patterns mammalian CNS. Dev Cell. 2013;25:241-55 pubmed publisher..Epistasis analyses supported synergistic Brap and Lis1 functions. These results suggest that a molecular complex composed of Nde1, Lis1, and Brap regulates the dynamic MAPK signaling threshold in a spatially dependent fashion. ..
- Klos Dehring D, Vladar E, Werner M, Mitchell J, Hwang P, Mitchell B. Deuterosome-mediated centriole biogenesis. Dev Cell. 2013;27:103-12 pubmed publisher..However, in CCDC78 morphants, Cep152 fails to localize to the deuterosome and centriole biogenesis is impaired, indicating that CCDC78-mediated recruitment of Cep152 is required for deuterosome-mediated centriole biogenesis. ..
- Kanteti R, Dhanasingh I, El Hashani E, Riehm J, Stricker T, Nagy S, et al. C. elegans and mutants with chronic nicotine exposure as a novel model of cancer phenotype. Cancer Biol Ther. 2016;17:91-103 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these studies provide evidence in support of C. elegans as initial in vivo model to study nicotine and its effects on oncogenic mutations identified in humans. ..
- Oh K, Kalinina A, Wang J, Nakayama K, Nakayama K, Bagchi S. The papillomavirus E7 oncoprotein is ubiquitinated by UbcH7 and Cullin 1- and Skp2-containing E3 ligase. J Virol. 2004;78:5338-46 pubmed..These nuclear bodies are detergent insoluble and contain polyubiquitinated E7. We suggest that E7 relocates to specific nuclear bodies for proteolysis in HPV-containing epithelial cells. ..
- Saint Dic D, Kehrl J, Frushour B, Kahng L. Excess SeqA leads to replication arrest and a cell division defect in Vibrio cholerae. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:5870-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, excessive SeqA negatively affects replication in V. cholerae and prevents correct progression to downstream cell cycle events such as segregation and cell division...
- Wolfe B, Takaki T, Petronczki M, Glotzer M. Polo-like kinase 1 directs assembly of the HsCyk-4 RhoGAP/Ect2 RhoGEF complex to initiate cleavage furrow formation. PLoS Biol. 2009;7:e1000110 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data reveal that formation of the HsCyk-4-Ect2 complex is subject to multiple layers of regulation to ensure that RhoA activation occurs between the segregated sister chromatids during anaphase. ..
- Wan R, Wu J, Baloue K, Crowe D. Regulation of the Nijmegen breakage syndrome 1 gene NBS1 by c-myc, p53 and coactivators mediates estrogen protection from DNA damage in breast cancer cells. Int J Oncol. 2013;42:712-20 pubmed publisher..We concluded that NBS1 is responsible for estradiol-mediated protection from double-strand breaks in ER+ breast cancer cells. ..
- Mavrommatis E, Fish E, Platanias L. The schlafen family of proteins and their regulation by interferons. J Interferon Cytokine Res. 2013;33:206-10 pubmed publisher..In the current review, the known properties of mouse and human SLFNs are reviewed, and the implications of their emerging functions are discussed. ..
- Shi B, Hsu H, Evens A, Gordon L, Gartenhaus R. Expression of the candidate MCT-1 oncogene in B- and T-cell lymphoid malignancies. Blood. 2003;102:297-302 pubmed..Our data suggest that high levels of MCT-1 protein may be associated with a high-risk subset of lymphoid neoplasms and may further support the potential role of MCT-1 in promoting human lymphoid tumor development. ..
- Shinohara M, Sakai K, Shinohara A, Bishop D. Crossover interference in Saccharomyces cerevisiae requires a TID1/RDH54- and DMC1-dependent pathway. Genetics. 2003;163:1273-86 pubmed..These results support the proposal that crossover interference acts at the strand invasion stage of recombination. ..
- Pilkinton M, Sandoval R, Colamonici O. Mammalian Mip/LIN-9 interacts with either the p107, p130/E2F4 repressor complex or B-Myb in a cell cycle-phase-dependent context distinct from the Drosophila dREAM complex. Oncogene. 2007;26:7535-43 pubmed
- Jirawatnotai S, Moons D, Stocco C, Franks R, Hales D, Gibori G, et al. The cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors p27Kip1 and p21Cip1 cooperate to restrict proliferative life span in differentiating ovarian cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:17021-7 pubmed..Thus, the cooperation of p27(Kip1) and p21(Cip1) is critical for withdrawal of granulosa cells from the cell cycle, in concert with luteal differentiation and possibly culture-induced senescence. ..
- Zhou W, Park I, Pins M, Kozlowski J, Jovanovic B, Zhang J, et al. Dual regulation of proliferation and growth arrest in prostatic stromal cells by transforming growth factor-beta1. Endocrinology. 2003;144:4280-4 pubmed..These data indicate that the dual effect of TGF-beta1 is mediated, at least, by up-regulation of PDGF-BB and p15INK4b, respectively. ..
- Datta A, Sen J, Hagen J, Korgaonkar C, Caffrey M, Quelle D, et al. ARF directly binds DP1: interaction with DP1 coincides with the G1 arrest function of ARF. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:8024-36 pubmed..Also, the interaction between ARF and DP1 is enhanced during oncogenic stress and "culture shock." Taken together, our results show that DP1 is a critical direct target of ARF. ..
- Uz T, Akhisaroglu M, Ahmed R, Manev H. The pineal gland is critical for circadian Period1 expression in the striatum and for circadian cocaine sensitization in mice. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2003;28:2117-23 pubmed
- Mighty K, Laimins L. p63 is necessary for the activation of human papillomavirus late viral functions upon epithelial differentiation. J Virol. 2011;85:8863-9 pubmed publisher..Our studies indicate that p63 is necessary for the activation of differentiation-dependent HPV late viral functions and provide insights into relevant cellular targets. ..
- Coleman K, Grant G, Haggerty R, Brantley K, Shibata E, Workman B, et al. Sequential replication-coupled destruction at G1/S ensures genome stability. Genes Dev. 2015;29:1734-46 pubmed publisher..We therefore propose that sequential degradation ensures orderly S-phase progression to avoid replication stress and genome instability. ..
- Roginsky A, Ding X, Woodward C, Ujiki M, Singh B, Bell R, et al. Anti-pancreatic cancer effects of a polar extract from the edible sea cucumber, Cucumaria frondosa. Pancreas. 2010;39:646-52 pubmed publisher..To investigate the effects and mechanism of Frondanol-A5P, a polar extract from Cucumaria frondosa, on growth inhibition and apoptosis in S2013 and AsPC-1 human pancreatic cancer cells...
- Jalali A, Bassuk A, Kan L, Israsena N, Mukhopadhyay A, McGuire T, et al. HeyL promotes neuronal differentiation of neural progenitor cells. J Neurosci Res. 2011;89:299-309 pubmed publisher..These observations suggest that HeyL promotes neuronal differentiation of neural progenitor cells by activating proneural genes and by inhibiting the actions of other Hes and Hey family members. ..
- Kerns S, Schultz K, Barry K, Thorne T, McGarry T. Geminin is required for zygotic gene expression at the Xenopus mid-blastula transition. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e38009 pubmed publisher..We conclude that Geminin is required to maintain genome integrity during the rapid cleavage divisions, and that DNA damage disrupts zygotic gene transcription at the MBT, probably through activation of DNA damage checkpoint pathways...
- Hamill C, Michaelson J, Hahm K, Burkly L, Kessler J. Age-dependent effects of TWEAK/Fn14 receptor activation on neural progenitor cells. J Neurosci Res. 2007;85:3535-44 pubmed..These studies indicate that TWEAK/Fn14 receptor activation exerts different effects on neural progenitor cells and their progeny depending on the developmental stage of the cells. ..
- Woodford M, Truman A, Dunn D, Jensen S, Cotran R, Bullard R, et al. Mps1 Mediated Phosphorylation of Hsp90 Confers Renal Cell Carcinoma Sensitivity and Selectivity to Hsp90 Inhibitors. Cell Rep. 2016;14:872-884 pubmed publisher..Mps1 expression level can potentially serve as a predictive indicator of tumor response to Hsp90 inhibitors. ..
- Ruesch M, Laimins L. Initiation of DNA synthesis by human papillomavirus E7 oncoproteins is resistant to p21-mediated inhibition of cyclin E-cdk2 activity. J Virol. 1997;71:5570-8 pubmed..These data indicate that E7 is able to overcome G1/S arrest without directly affecting p21 function and likely acts through deregulation of E2F activity. ..
- Siemasko K, Skaggs B, Kabak S, Williamson E, Brown B, Song W, et al. Receptor-facilitated antigen presentation requires the recruitment of B cell linker protein to Igalpha. J Immunol. 2002;168:2127-38 pubmed..Thus, aggregation accelerates receptor trafficking by recruiting two separate signaling modules required for transit through sequential checkpoints. ..
- Salabat M, Melstrom L, Strouch M, Ding X, Milam B, Ujiki M, et al. Geminin is overexpressed in human pancreatic cancer and downregulated by the bioflavanoid apigenin in pancreatic cancer cell lines. Mol Carcinog. 2008;47:835-44 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our studies demonstrated that geminin is overexpressed in human pancreatic cancer and downregulated by apigenin which may contribute to the antitumor effect of this natural flavonoid. ..
- Chakraborty S, Senyuk V, Sitailo S, Chi Y, Nucifora G. Interaction of EVI1 with cAMP-responsive element-binding protein-binding protein (CBP) and p300/CBP-associated factor (P/CAF) results in reversible acetylation of EVI1 and in co-localization in nuclear speckles. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:44936-43 pubmed..Finally, we show that the interaction of EVI1 with either CBP or P/CAF leads to acetylation of EVI1. These results suggest that the assembly of EVI1 in nuclear speckles requires the intact HAT activity of the co-activators. ..
- Nie M, Moser B, Nakamura T, Boddy M. SUMO-targeted ubiquitin ligase activity can either suppress or promote genome instability, depending on the nature of the DNA lesion. PLoS Genet. 2017;13:e1006776 pubmed publisher..In summary, depending on the nature of the initiating DNA lesion, STUbL activity can either be beneficial or harmful. ..
- Jin T, Howard A, Golemis E, Wang Y, Zhang Y. Overproduction, purification, crystallization and preliminary X-ray diffraction studies of the human spliceosomal protein TXNL4B. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2005;61:282-4 pubmed..0, b = 63.6, c = 51.0 A, beta = 92.484 degrees,, and diffract to at least 1.50 A. A SeMet derivative of the protein was prepared and crystallized for MAD phasing. ..
- Schultz K, Banisadr G, Lastra R, McGuire T, Kessler J, Miller R, et al. Geminin-deficient neural stem cells exhibit normal cell division and normal neurogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17736 pubmed publisher..Both the growth rate and the cell cycle distribution of cultured Gmnn(?/?) neurosphere cells are indistinguishable from controls. We conclude that Geminin is largely dispensable for most of embryonic and adult mammalian neurogenesis. ..
- Jin T, Guo F, Wang Y, Zhang Y. High-resolution crystal structure of human Dim2/TXNL4B. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2013;69:223-7 pubmed publisher..This suggests that the interpretation of the previously reported GST pull-down results without considering the structure and stability of TXNL4B is debatable. ..
- Jiang W, Zhou L, Breyer B, Feng T, Cheng H, Haydon R, et al. Tetracycline-regulated gene expression mediated by a novel chimeric repressor that recruits histone deacetylases in mammalian cells. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:45168-74 pubmed..Therefore, this novel chimeric repressor provides an effective means for more tightly regulated gene expression, and the simplified inducible system may be used for a broad range of basic and clinical studies. ..
- Hong E, Shinohara A, Bishop D. Saccharomyces cerevisiae Dmc1 protein promotes renaturation of single-strand DNA (ssDNA) and assimilation of ssDNA into homologous super-coiled duplex DNA. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:41906-12 pubmed..In addition, Dmc1 catalyzes strand assimilation of ssDNA oligonucleotides into homologous supercoiled duplex DNA in a reaction promoted by ATP or the non-hydrolyzable ATP analogue AMP-PNP. ..
- Saberwal G, Broderick E, Janssen I, Shetty V, Alvi S, Lisak L, et al. Involvement of cyclin D1 and E2F1 in intramedullary apoptosis in myelodysplastic syndromes. J Hematother Stem Cell Res. 2003;12:443-50 pubmed..008). Thus, it is possible that in a subset of MDS patients, apoptotic death of bone marrow cells may involve Cyclin D1/E2F1 pathway. ..
- Osmundson E, Ray D, Moore F, Gao Q, Thomsen G, Kiyokawa H. The HECT E3 ligase Smurf2 is required for Mad2-dependent spindle assembly checkpoint. J Cell Biol. 2008;183:267-77 pubmed publisher..Mad2 is mislocalized in Smurf2-depleted cells, suggesting that Smurf2 regulates the localization and stability of Mad2. These data indicate that Smurf2 is a novel mitotic regulator. ..
- Xu Y, Sengupta T, Kukreja L, Minella A. MicroRNA-223 regulates cyclin E activity by modulating expression of F-box and WD-40 domain protein 7. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:34439-46 pubmed publisher..Together, our data indicate that miR-223 regulates Fbw7 expression and provide the first evidence that activity of the SCF(Fbw7) ubiquitin ligase can be modulated directly by the microRNA pathway. ..
- Zeremski M, Hill J, Kwek S, Grigorian I, Gurova K, Garkavtsev I, et al. Structure and regulation of the mouse ing1 gene. Three alternative transcripts encode two phd finger proteins that have opposite effects on p53 function. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:32172-81 pubmed..These results indicate that a single gene, ing1, encodes both p53-suppressing and p53-activating proteins that are regulated by alternative promoters. ..
- Lin P, Ye R. The lysophospholipid receptor G2A activates a specific combination of G proteins and promotes apoptosis. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:14379-86 pubmed..These results demonstrate the ability of G2A to activate a specific combination of G proteins, and that G2A/LPC-induced apoptosis involves both G alpha(13)- and G alpha(s)-mediated pathways. ..
- Krupczak Hollis K, Wang X, Dennewitz M, Costa R. Growth hormone stimulates proliferation of old-aged regenerating liver through forkhead box m1b. Hepatology. 2003;38:1552-62 pubmed..In conclusion, our old-aged liver regeneration studies show that increased Foxm1b levels are essential for GH to stimulate hepatocyte proliferation, thus providing a mechanism for GH action in the elderly. ..
- Ananthanarayanan V, Deaton R, Yang X, Pins M, Gann P. Alteration of proliferation and apoptotic markers in normal and premalignant tissue associated with prostate cancer. BMC Cancer. 2006;6:73 pubmed..The role of apoptotic markers such as activated caspase-3 is more complex, and might depend on the proliferation status of the tissue in question. ..
- Fushimi K, Ray P, Kar A, Wang L, Sutherland L, Wu J. Up-regulation of the proapoptotic caspase 2 splicing isoform by a candidate tumor suppressor, RBM5. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:15708-13 pubmed publisher..Enhancing the expression or activities of splicing regulators that promote the production of proapoptotic splicing isoforms might provide a therapeutic approach to cancer. ..
- Sankar N, Kadeppagari R, Thimmapaya B. c-Myc-induced aberrant DNA synthesis and activation of DNA damage response in p300 knockdown cells. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:15193-205 pubmed publisher..Our results point to an important role for p300 in maintaining genomic integrity by negatively regulating c-myc. ..
- Nag A, Bondar T, Shiv S, Raychaudhuri P. The xeroderma pigmentosum group E gene product DDB2 is a specific target of cullin 4A in mammalian cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:6738-47 pubmed..Studies presented here identify a specific function of the Cul-4A gene, which is amplified and overexpressed in breast cancers. ..
- Kalinichenko V, Major M, Wang X, Petrovic V, Kuechle J, Yoder H, et al. Foxm1b transcription factor is essential for development of hepatocellular carcinomas and is negatively regulated by the p19ARF tumor suppressor. Genes Dev. 2004;18:830-50 pubmed..Our studies demonstrate that the Foxm1b transcription factor is required for proliferative expansion during tumor progression and constitutes a potential new target for therapy of human HCC tumors. ..