Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on arabidopsis proteins in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Locale: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Topic: arabidopsis proteins
- Warpeha K, Gibbons J, Carol A, Slusser J, Tree R, Durham W, et al. Adequate phenylalanine synthesis mediated by G protein is critical for protection from UV radiation damage in young etiolated Arabidopsis thaliana seedlings. Plant Cell Environ. 2008;31:1756-70 pubmed publisher..Phe-derived pigments do not collect in the epidermal cells of pd1 mutants when seedlings are treated with UV, particularly at the cotyledon tip. Addition of Phe to the growth media restores a wt phenotype to pd1 mutants. ..
- Jung H, Tschaplinski T, Wang L, Glazebrook J, Greenberg J. Priming in systemic plant immunity. Science. 2009;324:89-91 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the predicted secreted protein AZI1 is also important for generating vascular sap that confers disease resistance. Thus, azelaic acid and AZI1 are components of plant systemic immunity involved in priming defenses. ..
- Halavaty A, Moffat K. Coiled-coil dimerization of the LOV2 domain of the blue-light photoreceptor phototropin 1 from Arabidopsis thaliana. Acta Crystallogr Sect F Struct Biol Cryst Commun. 2013;69:1316-21 pubmed publisher..The J? helix predominantly interacts with the ?-sheet and plays a role in coiled-coil formation and dimerization. ..
- Vanacker H, Lu H, Rate D, Greenberg J. A role for salicylic acid and NPR1 in regulating cell growth in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2001;28:209-16 pubmed..We suggest that SA and NPR1 play broader roles in cell fate control than has previously been understood. ..
- Chen W, Xu P, Gottlob K, Chen M, Sokol K, Shiyanova T, et al. Growth retardation and increased apoptosis in mice with homozygous disruption of the Akt1 gene. Genes Dev. 2001;15:2203-8 pubmed..Finally, Akt1(-/-) mouse embryo fibroblasts (MEFs) are more susceptible to apoptosis induced by TNF, anti-Fas, UV irradiation, and serum withdrawal. ..
- Mayfield J, Fiebig A, Johnstone S, Preuss D. Gene families from the Arabidopsis thaliana pollen coat proteome. Science. 2001;292:2482-5 pubmed..Analysis of the syntenic region in Brassica oleracea revealed even greater divergence, but a similar clustering of the genes. Such allelic flexibility may promote speciation in plants. ..
- Lee M, Lu H, Jung H, Greenberg J. A key role for the Arabidopsis WIN3 protein in disease resistance triggered by Pseudomonas syringae that secrete AvrRpt2. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 2007;20:1192-200 pubmed..syringae carrying avrRpm1. Thus, WIN3 is a key element of the RPS2 defense response pathway and a basal and systemic defense component. ..
- Lee M, Jelenska J, Greenberg J. Arabidopsis proteins important for modulating defense responses to Pseudomonas syringae that secrete HopW1-1. Plant J. 2008;54:452-65 pubmed publisher..Thus, the WIN proteins have different roles in modulating plant defense. ..
- Zhong R, Thompson J, Ottesen E, Lamppa G. A forward genetic screen to explore chloroplast protein import in vivo identifies Moco sulfurase, pivotal for ABA and IAA biosynthesis and purine turnover. Plant J. 2010;63:44-59 pubmed publisher..These enzyme activities were not detected in aci2-1. ABA, IAA and/or purine turnover may play previously unrecognized roles in the regulation of chloroplast protein import in response to developmental, metabolic and environmental cues. ..
- Zhang X, Cal A, Borevitz J. Genetic architecture of regulatory variation in Arabidopsis thaliana. Genome Res. 2011;21:725-33 pubmed publisher..Finally, we identify candidate genes for 59 diverse phenotypic traits that were mapped to eQTL. ..
- Dobritsa A, Geanconteri A, Shrestha J, Carlson A, Kooyers N, Coerper D, et al. A large-scale genetic screen in Arabidopsis to identify genes involved in pollen exine production. Plant Physiol. 2011;157:947-70 pubmed publisher..Our study illustrates that morphological screens of pollen can be extremely fruitful in identifying previously unknown exine genes and lays the foundation for biochemical, developmental, and evolutionary studies of exine production. ..
- Dobritsa A, Shrestha J, Morant M, Pinot F, Matsuno M, Swanson R, et al. CYP704B1 is a long-chain fatty acid omega-hydroxylase essential for sporopollenin synthesis in pollen of Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2009;151:574-89 pubmed publisher..This implies that each of the three genes is required to provide an indispensable subset of fatty acid-derived components within the sporopollenin biosynthesis framework. ..
- Mayfield J, Preuss D. Rapid initiation of Arabidopsis pollination requires the oleosin-domain protein GRP17. Nat Cell Biol. 2000;2:128-30 pubmed
- Jones Rhoades M, Borevitz J, Preuss D. Genome-wide expression profiling of the Arabidopsis female gametophyte identifies families of small, secreted proteins. PLoS Genet. 2007;3:1848-61 pubmed..The coexpression of highly similar proteins suggests a high degree of functional redundancy among embryo sac genes. ..
- Dobritsa A, Nishikawa S, Preuss D, Urbanczyk Wochniak E, Sumner L, Hammond A, et al. LAP3, a novel plant protein required for pollen development, is essential for proper exine formation. Sex Plant Reprod. 2009;22:167-77 pubmed publisher..The largest changes were seen in levels of a straight-chain hydrocarbon nonacosane and in naringenin chalcone, an obligate compound in the flavonoid biosynthesis pathway. ..
- Ingram P, Dettmer J, Helariutta Y, Malamy J. Arabidopsis Lateral Root Development 3 is essential for early phloem development and function, and hence for normal root system development. Plant J. 2011;68:455-67 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this study provides new insights into phloem-mediated resource allocation and its effects on plant root system architecture. ..
- Warpeha K, Park Y, Williamson P. Susceptibility of intact germinating Arabidopsis thaliana to human fungal pathogens Cryptococcus neoformans and C. gattii. Appl Environ Microbiol. 2013;79:2979-88 pubmed publisher..In addition, an important role of laccase in plant as well as human virulence may suggest mechanisms for laccase retention and optimization during evolution of this fungal pathogen. ..
- Warpeha K, Upadhyay S, Yeh J, Adamiak J, Hawkins S, Lapik Y, et al. The GCR1, GPA1, PRN1, NF-Y signal chain mediates both blue light and abscisic acid responses in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2007;143:1590-600 pubmed..We also demonstrate that this mechanism is present in imbibed seeds wherein it affects germination rate. ..
- Yao N, Greenberg J. Arabidopsis ACCELERATED CELL DEATH2 modulates programmed cell death. Plant Cell. 2006;18:397-411 pubmed
- Song J, Lu H, McDowell J, Greenberg J. A key role for ALD1 in activation of local and systemic defenses in Arabidopsis. Plant J. 2004;40:200-12 pubmed..Finally, ALD1 and PAD4 can mutually affect each other's expression in a constitutive defense mutant, suggesting that these two genes can act in a signal amplification loop...
- Korves T, Bergelson J. A novel cost of R gene resistance in the presence of disease. Am Nat. 2004;163:489-504 pubmed..A spatially variable model suggests that a trade-off between net benefits and net costs with attack may help explain the persistence of individuals lacking R gene resistance to disease. ..
- Palanivelu R, Brass L, Edlund A, Preuss D. Pollen tube growth and guidance is regulated by POP2, an Arabidopsis gene that controls GABA levels. Cell. 2003;114:47-59 pubmed..Interestingly, wild-type tubes exhibit normal growth and guidance in pop2 pistils, perhaps by degrading excess GABA and sharpening the gradient leading to the micropyle. ..
- Brandstatter I, Kieber J. Two genes with similarity to bacterial response regulators are rapidly and specifically induced by cytokinin in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 1998;10:1009-19 pubmed..This homology, coupled with previously published work on the CKI1 histidine kinase homolog, suggests that these proteins may play a role in early cytokinin signaling. ..
- Dobritsa A, Lei Z, Nishikawa S, Urbanczyk Wochniak E, Huhman D, Preuss D, et al. LAP5 and LAP6 encode anther-specific proteins with similarity to chalcone synthase essential for pollen exine development in Arabidopsis. Plant Physiol. 2010;153:937-55 pubmed publisher..Finally, the genetic interaction between LAP5 and an anther gene involved in fatty acid hydroxylation (CYP703A2) demonstrated that they act synergistically in exine production. ..
- Little D, Rao H, Oliva S, Daniel Vedele F, Krapp A, Malamy J. The putative high-affinity nitrate transporter NRT2.1 represses lateral root initiation in response to nutritional cues. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:13693-8 pubmed..We propose that Arabidopsis NRT2.1 acts either as a nitrate sensor or signal transducer to coordinate the development of the root system with nutritional cues. ..
- Johnson M, von Besser K, Zhou Q, Smith E, Aux G, Patton D, et al. Arabidopsis hapless mutations define essential gametophytic functions. Genetics. 2004;168:971-82 pubmed..We also identified genomic DNA flanking the insertion element for eleven hap mutants and showed that hap1 disrupts AtMago, a gene whose ortholog is important for Drosophila cell polarity. ..
- Yao N, Eisfelder B, Marvin J, Greenberg J. The mitochondrion--an organelle commonly involved in programmed cell death in Arabidopsis thaliana. Plant J. 2004;40:596-610 pubmed..However, unlike in animal cells, in plant cells, mitochondrial cytochrome c release is not an obligatory step in PCD control. ..
- Song J, Lu H, Greenberg J. Divergent roles in Arabidopsis thaliana development and defense of two homologous genes, aberrant growth and death2 and AGD2-LIKE DEFENSE RESPONSE PROTEIN1, encoding novel aminotransferases. Plant Cell. 2004;16:353-66 pubmed publisher..We suggest that AGD2 synthesizes an important amino acid-derived molecule that promotes development and suppresses defenses, whereas ALD1 generates a related amino acid-derived molecule important for activating defense signaling...
- Lapik Y, Kaufman L. The Arabidopsis cupin domain protein AtPirin1 interacts with the G protein alpha-subunit GPA1 and regulates seed germination and early seedling development. Plant Cell. 2003;15:1578-90 pubmed..These data indicate that AtPirin1 likely functions immediately downstream of GPA1 in regulating seed germination and early seedling development. ..