Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Urbana, Illinois, United States
Locale: Urbana, Illinois, United States
Publications616 found, 100 shown here
- Barry K, Middelbos I, Vester Boler B, Dowd S, Suchodolski J, Henrissat B, et al. Effects of dietary fiber on the feline gastrointestinal metagenome. J Proteome Res. 2012;11:5924-33 pubmed publisher..While the cat is an obligate carnivore, its gut microbiome is similar regarding microbial phylogeny and gene content to omnivores...
- Bergmann K, Wooge C, Carlson K, Katzenellenbogen B, Katzenellenbogen J. Bivalent ligands as probes of estrogen receptor action. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1994;49:139-52 pubmed
- Sorensen K, Kitchell B, Schaeffer D, Mardis P. Expression of matrix metalloproteinases in feline vaccine site-associated sarcomas. Am J Vet Res. 2004;65:373-9 pubmed..The identification of MMPs in feline VSS supports an underlying inflammatory pathogenesis for this tumor. Expression of MMP2 and MT-MMP16 were correlated with survival time in our study...
- Everts R, Chavatte Palmer P, Razzak A, Hue I, Green C, Oliveira R, et al. Aberrant gene expression patterns in placentomes are associated with phenotypically normal and abnormal cattle cloned by somatic cell nuclear transfer. Physiol Genomics. 2008;33:65-77 pubmed..Many of these genes are candidates for hydrops and LOS. ..
- Readel A, Goldberg T. Blood parasites of frogs from an equatorial African montane forest in western Uganda. J Parasitol. 2010;96:448-50 pubmed publisher..Seasonal changes in the prevalence and intensity of parasitemia were not observed, nor was there any association between parasitemia and infection with the pandemic fungus Batrachochytrium dendrobatidis. ..
- Adams H, Southey B, Everts R, Marjani S, Tian C, Lewin H, et al. Transferase activity function and system development process are critical in cattle embryo development. Funct Integr Genomics. 2011;11:139-50 pubmed publisher..Changes in stage were associated with high number of differentially expressed genes, followed by technology and source. Genes with transferase activity may hold a clue to the differences in efficiency between reproductive technologies. ..
- Bindal R, Katzenellenbogen J. Bis(4-hydroxyphenyl)[2-(phenoxysulfonyl)phenyl]methane: isolation and structure elucidation of a novel estrogen from commercial preparations of phenol red (phenolsulfonphthalein). J Med Chem. 1988;31:1978-83 pubmed..1-0.2% that of estradiol. We suggest how this novel estrogen may be generated during the preparation of phenolsulfonphthalein. ..
- Krumholz L, Bryant M, Brulla W, Vicini J, Clark J, Stahl D. Proposal of Quinella ovalis gen. nov., sp. nov., based on phylogenetic analysis. Int J Syst Bacteriol. 1993;43:293-6 pubmed..We propose the name Quinella ovalis gen. nov., sp. nov., with its description based on previously known features...
- Yao H, Bahr J. Chicken granulosa cells show differential expression of epidermal growth factor (EGF) and luteinizing hormone (LH) receptor messenger RNA and differential responsiveness to EGF and LH dependent upon location of granulosa cells to the germinal disc. Biol Reprod. 2001;64:1790-6 pubmed..In contrast, granulosa cells distal to the GD are not under the influence of EGF and exhibit a more differentiated phenotype. ..
- McCracken V, Simpson J, Mackie R, Gaskins H. Molecular ecological analysis of dietary and antibiotic-induced alterations of the mouse intestinal microbiota. J Nutr. 2001;131:1862-70 pubmed..These results demonstrate the utility of cultivation-independent PCR-DGGE analysis combined with measurements of ecological diversity for monitoring diet- and antibiotic-induced alterations of the complex intestinal microbial ecosystem. ..
- French R, Broussard S, Meier W, Minshall C, Arkins S, Zachary J, et al. Age-associated loss of bone marrow hematopoietic cells is reversed by GH and accompanies thymic reconstitution. Endocrinology. 2002;143:690-9 pubmed
- Angenstein F, Evans A, Settlage R, Moran S, Ling S, Klintsova A, et al. A receptor for activated C kinase is part of messenger ribonucleoprotein complexes associated with polyA-mRNAs in neurons. J Neurosci. 2002;22:8827-37 pubmed
- Zhu S, Chiang A, Lee T. Development of the Drosophila mushroom bodies: elaboration, remodeling and spatial organization of dendrites in the calyx. Development. 2003;130:2603-10 pubmed..Taken together, subregional differences exist in the adult Drosophila MB calyx, where processing and integration of distinct types of sensory information begin. ..
- Oliveira C, Mahecha G, Carnes K, Prins G, Saunders P, Franca L, et al. Differential hormonal regulation of estrogen receptors ERalpha and ERbeta and androgen receptor expression in rat efferent ductules. Reproduction. 2004;128:73-86 pubmed..This differential modulation of the steroid hormone receptors highlights the importance of maintaining a physiological androgen-estrogen balance to regulate the structure and function of efferent ductules in the male...
- Jorgensen J, Gao L. Irx3 is differentially up-regulated in female gonads during sex determination. Gene Expr Patterns. 2005;5:756-62 pubmed..This timing coincides with the transition of female primordial germ cells from mitotic proliferation to meiotic division, and the organization of germ cell cysts prior to primordial follicle development at birth. ..
- Ozalp C, Szczesna Skorupa E, Kemper B. Bimolecular fluorescence complementation analysis of cytochrome p450 2c2, 2e1, and NADPH-cytochrome p450 reductase molecular interactions in living cells. Drug Metab Dispos. 2005;33:1382-90 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that BiFC is an effective method to study the complex protein interactions that occur within the microsomal P450 system in living cells...
- Park I, Chen J. Mammalian target of rapamycin (mTOR) signaling is required for a late-stage fusion process during skeletal myotube maturation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:32009-17 pubmed
- Green C, Marretta S, Cheng G, Faddoul F, Ehrhart E, Hoyer L. RT-PCR analysis of Candida albicans ALS gene expression in a hyposalivatory rat model of oral candidiasis and in HIV-positive human patients. Med Mycol. 2006;44:103-11 pubmed..Overall, the patterns of ALS gene expression were similar between the rat model and human clinical specimens, suggesting that the model would be useful for studying the phenotype of al delta/al delta mutant strains...
- Malloch E, Perry K, Fukui L, Johnson V, Wever J, Beck C, et al. Gene expression profiles of lens regeneration and development in Xenopus laevis. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:2340-56 pubmed publisher..Several novel genes specifically expressed in lenses were identified. The suite of genes was compared to those up-regulated in other regenerating tissues/organisms, and a small degree of overlap was detected...
- Schwarz D, Robertson H, Feder J, Varala K, Hudson M, Ragland G, et al. Sympatric ecological speciation meets pyrosequencing: sampling the transcriptome of the apple maggot Rhagoletis pomonella. BMC Genomics. 2009;10:633 pubmed publisher..Similarly, the identification of new SNP and microsatellite markers will facilitate future population and quantitative genetic studies of divergence between the apple and hawthorn-infesting host races. ..
- Ragetly C, Griffon D, Mostafa A, Thomas J, Hsiao Wecksler E. Inverse dynamics analysis of the pelvic limbs in Labrador Retrievers with and without cranial cruciate ligament disease. Vet Surg. 2010;39:513-22 pubmed publisher..To investigate differences in joint mechanics between normal, CCL deficient, and contralateral pelvic limbs...
- Cha C, Kim S, Cao L, Kong H. Decoupled control of stiffness and permeability with a cell-encapsulating poly(ethylene glycol) dimethacrylate hydrogel. Biomaterials. 2010;31:4864-71 pubmed publisher..This study will therefore greatly expedite the use of a hydrogel system in both fundamental studies and clinical settings of cell therapies. ..
- Kim B, Kim Y, Sakuma R, Hui C, Ruther U, Jorgensen J. Primordial germ cell proliferation is impaired in Fused Toes mutant embryos. Dev Biol. 2011;349:417-26 pubmed publisher..From these studies, we have discovered that the Ft locus on mouse chromosome 8 is associated with cell cycle deficits within the primordial germ cell population that initiates just before translocation into the genital ridge. ..
- Voss M, Nagamatsu L, Liu Ambrose T, Kramer A. Exercise, brain, and cognition across the life span. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2011;111:1505-13 pubmed publisher..There is also a need for human neuroimaging studies to adopt a more unified multi-modal framework and for greater interaction between human and animal models of exercise effects on brain and cognition across the life span. ..
- Dallwig R, Langan J, Hatch D, Terio K, Demitros C. Bilateral hydronephrosis secondary to endometriosis managed by endoscopic ureteral stent placement in a captive Guinea baboon (Papio papio). J Zoo Wildl Med. 2011;42:747-50 pubmed..Despite possible complications, ureteral stents can be considered a useful therapeutic option in patients with ureteral disease...
- Morrissey J, Choi S, Smith S. Polyphosphate: an ancient molecule that links platelets, coagulation, and inflammation. Blood. 2012;119:5972-9 pubmed publisher..The detailed molecular mechanisms by which polyphosphate modulates blood clotting reactions remain to be elucidated...
- McKim Louder M, Hoover J, Benson T, Schelsky W. Juvenile survival in a neotropical migratory songbird is lower than expected. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56059 pubmed publisher..30). This very low rate suggests that surviving the first year of life for many Neotropical migratory species is even more difficult than previously thought, forcing us to rethink estimates used in population models. ..
- Matsumura H, Chakraborty S, Reed J, Lu Y, MoÃ«nne Loccoz P. Effect of Outer-Sphere Side Chain Substitutions on the Fate of the trans Iron-Nitrosyl Dimer in Heme/Nonheme Engineered Myoglobins (Fe(B)Mbs): Insights into the Mechanism of Denitrifying NO Reductases. Biochemistry. 2016;55:2091-9 pubmed publisher..aeruginosa cNOR. ..
- Song W, Wang W, Sato H, Bielser D, Kaufman S. Expression of alpha 7 integrin cytoplasmic domains during skeletal muscle development: alternate forms, conformational change, and homologies with serine/threonine kinases and tyrosine phosphatases. J Cell Sci. 1993;106 ( Pt 4):1139-52 pubmed..Crosslinking also promotes association of the integrin with the cell cytoskeleton.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 400 WORDS) ..
- Ho M, Segre M. Individual and combined effects of ethanol and cocaine on the human dopamine transporter in neuronal cell lines. Neurosci Lett. 2001;299:229-33 pubmed..These data support the hypothesis that the DAT may be a common neural substrate for cocaine and ethanol in dopaminergic neurons and it may be involved in the psychological effects of both addictions...
- Constable P, Thomas E, Boisrame B. Comparison of two oral electrolyte solutions for the treatment of dehydrated calves with experimentally-induced diarrhoea. Vet J. 2001;162:129-41 pubmed..The hyperosmotic solution rehydrated calves faster and more effectively than feeding equivalent volumes of milk replacer and can, therefore, be recommended as part of the initial treatment of dehydrated calves with diarrhoea. ..
- Freeman J, Rayburn A. In vivo genotoxicity of atrazine to anuran larvae. Mutat Res. 2004;560:69-78 pubmed..In neither species was an increase in nuclear heterogeneity observed. Thus, atrazine at levels and time of exposure representing conditions found contaminating Midwestern watersheds does not appear to be genotoxic to developing anurans...
- Baker D. Iodine toxicity and its amelioration. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2004;229:473-8 pubmed..Whether bromide therapy has a place in I toxicity situations remains to be determined. ..
- Meier W, Husmann R, Schnitzlein W, Osorio F, Lunney J, Zuckermann F. Cytokines and synthetic double-stranded RNA augment the T helper 1 immune response of swine to porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 2004;102:299-314 pubmed..Conceivably, such intervention could be applied to improve the formulation of anti-PRRSV vaccines. ..
- Escobar J, Van Alstine W, Baker D, Johnson R. Decreased protein accretion in pigs with viral and bacterial pneumonia is associated with increased myostatin expression in muscle. J Nutr. 2004;134:3047-53 pubmed..They further suggest that during infection growth of skeletal muscle is limited in part by myostatin. ..
- Ling S, Fahrner P, Greenough W, Gelfand V. Transport of Drosophila fragile X mental retardation protein-containing ribonucleoprotein granules by kinesin-1 and cytoplasmic dynein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2004;101:17428-33 pubmed..Based on these findings, we conclude that dFMR-containing RNP granules are moved by both kinesin-1 and cytoplasmic dynein and that KLC is not essential and is likely missing from RNP-transporting kinesin-1. ..
- Kobayashi H, de Mejia E. The genus Ardisia: a novel source of health-promoting compounds and phytopharmaceuticals. J Ethnopharmacol. 2005;96:347-54 pubmed..The information presented here also illustrates the potential of the genus as a source of therapeutic agents...
- Brucker E, Carlson S, Wright E, Niblack T, Diers B. Rhg1 alleles from soybean PI 437654 and PI 88788 respond differentially to isolates of Heterodera glycines in the greenhouse. Theor Appl Genet. 2005;111:44-9 pubmed..These results suggest that PI 437654 and PI 88788 each have a different functional SCN resistance allele at or close to rhg1. These allelic differences have implications that breeders should consider before incorporation into cultivars...
- Beenders B, Jones P, Bellini M. The tripartite motif of nuclear factor 7 is required for its association with transcriptional units. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:2615-24 pubmed..Finally, and in agreement with a role for NF7 in pre-mRNA maturation, we obtained evidence supporting the idea that NF7 associates with Cajal bodies. ..
- Kelly A, Mateus Pinilla N, Diffendorfer J, Jewell E, Ruiz M, Killefer J, et al. Prion sequence polymorphisms and chronic wasting disease resistance in Illinois white-tailed deer (Odocoileus virginianus). Prion. 2008;2:28-36 pubmed..The potential importance of silent polymorphisms (60C/T, 153C/T, 555C/T), either individually or cumulatively, in CWD disease status has not been previously reported. ..
- Wang D, Govindaiah G, Liu R, De Arcangelis V, Cox C, Xiang Y. Binding of amyloid beta peptide to beta2 adrenergic receptor induces PKA-dependent AMPA receptor hyperactivity. FASEB J. 2010;24:3511-21 pubmed publisher..The present study reveals that non-neurotransmitter Abeta has a binding capacity to beta(2)AR and induces PKA-dependent hyperactivity in AMPA receptors. ..
- Rao S, Kitron U, Weigel R. Spatial and genotypic clustering of Salmonella over time in a swine production unit. Prev Vet Med. 2010;97:90-9 pubmed publisher..g., Mantel's r) expanded upon cluster analysis of genotypic similarities to provide additional interpretable information regarding the spatial distances to which Salmonella is transmitted over time in swine production facilities. ..
- Zhou D, Pan Y. Gestational low protein diet selectively induces the amino acid response pathway target genes in the liver of offspring rats through transcription factor binding and histone modifications. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1809:549-56 pubmed publisher..The differential priming of the downstream target genes of the AAR pathway in response to maternal LP diet presents a novel regulatory mechanism related to nutrient-gene interactions. ..
- Coleman D, Oh S, Manfra Maretta S, Hoyer L. A monoclonal antibody specific for Candida albicans Als4 demonstrates overlapping localization of Als family proteins on the fungal cell surface and highlights differences between Als localization in vitro and in vivo. FEMS Immunol Med Microbiol. 2012;64:321-33 pubmed publisher
- Yin P, Knolhoff A, Rosenberg H, Millet L, Gillette M, Sweedler J. Peptidomic analyses of mouse astrocytic cell lines and rat primary cultured astrocytes. J Proteome Res. 2012;11:3965-73 pubmed publisher..These results can be used in future investigations to better understand stimulus-dependent mechanisms of astrocyte peptide secretion. ..
- Koohestani F, Brown C, Meisami E. Differential effects of developmental hypo- and hyperthyroidism on acetylcholinesterase and butyrylcholinesterase activity in the spinal cord of developing postnatal rat pups. Int J Dev Neurosci. 2012;30:570-7 pubmed publisher..However, the neurochemical development of glia and other non-neuronal cells, where BuChE is mainly localized, is comparatively unaffected in these abnormal developmental conditions. ..
- Gonzalez Pena D, Nixon S, O Connor J, Southey B, Lawson M, McCusker R, et al. Microglia Transcriptome Changes in a Model of Depressive Behavior after Immune Challenge. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0150858 pubmed publisher..The persistent transcriptome dysregulation in the microglia shared patterns with neurological disorders indicating that the associated persistent depressive symptoms share a common transcriptome basis. ..
- Keen J, Kwang J, Rosati S. Comparison of ovine lentivirus detection by conventional and recombinant serological methods. Vet Immunol Immunopathol. 1995;47:295-309 pubmed
- Huttenlocher A, Lakonishok M, Kinder M, Wu S, Truong T, Knudsen K, et al. Integrin and cadherin synergy regulates contact inhibition of migration and motile activity. J Cell Biol. 1998;141:515-26 pubmed..These observations have potential importance to normal and pathologic processes during embryonic development and tumor metastasis. ..
- Lewis C, Constable P, Huhn J, Morin D. Sedation with xylazine and lumbosacral epidural administration of lidocaine and xylazine for umbilical surgery in calves. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 1999;214:89-95 pubmed..Caution should be exercised when tolazoline is administered intravenously to reverse xylazine-induced sedation in calves. ..
- Manning L, Doe C. Prospero distinguishes sibling cell fate without asymmetric localization in the Drosophila adult external sense organ lineage. Development. 1999;126:2063-71 pubmed..Finally, in contrast to previous studies, we find that the IIb cell divides prior to the IIa cell in the SOP lineage. ..
- Singh P, Schnitzlein W, Tripathy D. Reticuloendotheliosis virus sequences within the genomes of field strains of fowlpox virus display variability. J Virol. 2003;77:5855-62 pubmed..As to the in vivo environment, retention of the REV provirus may confer some benefit to FPV for infection of poultry previously vaccinated against fowlpox...
- Grammatopoulos T, Johnson V, Moore S, Andres R, Weyhenmeyer J. Angiotensin type 2 receptor neuroprotection against chemical hypoxia is dependent on the delayed rectifier K+ channel, Na+/Ca2+ exchanger and Na+/K+ ATPase in primary cortical cultures. Neurosci Res. 2004;50:299-306 pubmed..These findings further suggest that the mechanism of AT(2) receptor mediated neuroprotection is coupled to activation of the delayed rectifier K(+) channel, NCX and ATPase. ..
- Kelley W, Schulz J, Jakubowski J, Gilly W, Sweedler J. Two toxins from Conus striatus that individually induce tetanic paralysis. Biochemistry. 2006;45:14212-22 pubmed..These effects apparently involve modification of voltage-gated sodium channels in motor axons. Notably, application of either s4a or s4b alone mimics the biological effects of the whole injected venom on fish prey. ..
- Hanks L, Millar J, Moreira J, Barbour J, Lacey E, McElfresh J, et al. Using generic pheromone lures to expedite identification of aggregation pheromones for the cerambycid beetles Xylotrechus nauticus, Phymatodes lecontei, and Neoclytus modestus modestus. J Chem Ecol. 2007;33:889-907 pubmed..Overall, the attraction of multiple species from different cerambycine tribes to this compound at a single field site supports the hypothesis that the hydroxyketone pheromone structural motif is highly conserved within this subfamily. ..
- Norton L, Layman D, Bunpo P, Anthony T, Brana D, Garlick P. The leucine content of a complete meal directs peak activation but not duration of skeletal muscle protein synthesis and mammalian target of rapamycin signaling in rats. J Nutr. 2009;139:1103-9 pubmed publisher..These studies demonstrate that peak activation but not duration of MPS is proportional to the Leu content of a meal. ..
- Lindshield B, Ford N, Canene Adams K, Diamond A, Wallig M, Erdman J. Selenium, but not lycopene or vitamin E, decreases growth of transplantable dunning R3327-H rat prostate tumors. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10423 pubmed publisher..Of the three micronutrients tested, only methylselenocysteine consumption reduced growth of transplantable Dunning R3327-H prostate tumors, albeit through an unresolved mechanism. ..
- Braundmeier A, Jackson K, Hastings J, Koehler J, Nowak R, Fazleabas A. Induction of endometriosis alters the peripheral and endometrial regulatory T cell population in the non-human primate. Hum Reprod. 2012;27:1712-22 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, endometriosis appears to disrupt Treg recruitment in both eutopic and ectopic endometrium. ..
- Luchies A, Ghoshal G, O Brien W, Oelze M. Quantitative ultrasonic characterization of diffuse scatterers in the presence of structures that produce coherent echoes. IEEE Trans Ultrason Ferroelectr Freq Control. 2012;59:893-904 pubmed publisher..The method provides a means to improve the diagnostic capabilities of QUS techniques by allowing separate analysis of diffuse and non-diffuse scatterers. ..
- Emmons R, Niemiro G, Owolabi O, De Lisio M. Acute exercise mobilizes hematopoietic stem and progenitor cells and alters the mesenchymal stromal cell secretome. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2016;120:624-32 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that the MSC secretome is responsible for HSPC mobilization and proliferation; concurrently, HSPCs are homing to extramedullary sites following exercise. ..
- Smith G, Constable P, Foreman J, Eppley R, Waggoner A, Tumbleson M, et al. Cardiovascular changes associated with intravenous administration of fumonisin B1 in horses. Am J Vet Res. 2002;63:538-45 pubmed..Fumonisin-induced decreases in cardiovascular function may contribute to the pathophysiologic development of leukoencephalomalacia in horses. ..
- Ang L, Kim J, Stepensky V, Hing H. Dock and Pak regulate olfactory axon pathfinding in Drosophila. Development. 2003;130:1307-16 pubmed..Our findings therefore identify a central signaling module that is used by ONs to project to their cognate glomeruli. ..
- Marini J, Lee B, Garlick P. Reduced ornithine transcarbamylase activity does not impair ureagenesis in Otc(spf-ash) mice. J Nutr. 2006;136:1017-20 pubmed..This implies that Otc(spf-ash) mice are able to dispose of ammonia, without apparent adverse effects, when a balance mixture of amino acids is provided, despite reduced enzyme activity. ..
- Romanova E, Roth M, Rubakhin S, Jakubowski J, Kelley W, Kirk M, et al. Identification and characterization of homologues of vertebrate beta-thymosin in the marine mollusk Aplysia californica. J Mass Spectrom. 2006;41:1030-40 pubmed publisher..These positive effects on neurite regeneration in cell culture suggest that the beta-thymosin proteins have an extracellular function in the central nervous system of Aplysia californica...
- Lee J, Atkins N, Hatcher N, Zamdborg L, Gillette M, Sweedler J, et al. Endogenous peptide discovery of the rat circadian clock: a focused study of the suprachiasmatic nucleus by ultrahigh performance tandem mass spectrometry. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2010;9:285-97 pubmed publisher..This characterization of endogenous peptides from the SCN will aid in understanding the molecular mechanisms that mediate rhythmic behaviors in mammals. ..
- Skeath J. Tag team specification of a neural precursor in the Drosophila embryonic central nervous system. Bioessays. 1995;17:829-31 pubmed..As such this report offers an initial view of the genetic programs that create neural diversity. ..
- Slauch J, Mahan M, Mekalanos J. In vivo expression technology for selection of bacterial genes specifically induced in host tissues. Methods Enzymol. 1994;235:481-92 pubmed..The elucidation of these gene products should provide new targets for antimicrobial drug development. ..
- Chen C, Lampe D, Robertson H, Nardi J. Neuroglian is expressed on cells destined to form the prothoracic glands of Manduca embryos as they segregate from surrounding cells and rearrange during morphogenesis. Dev Biol. 1997;181:1-13 pubmed..Manduca neuroglian shares 58 and 31% identity respectively with the Drosophila and mouse proteins and has a cytoplasmic domain of over 100 amino acids. ..
- Hoang B, Chiba A. Genetic analysis on the role of integrin during axon guidance in Drosophila. J Neurosci. 1998;18:7847-55 pubmed
- Barnes J, Tischkau S, Barnes J, Mitchell J, Burgoon P, Hickok J, et al. Requirement of mammalian Timeless for circadian rhythmicity. Science. 2003;302:439-42 pubmed..These data suggest that mTim is required for rhythmicity and is a functional homolog of dTim on the negative-feedback arm of the mammalian molecular clockwork. ..
- Michel Salzat A, Cameron S, Oliveira M. Phylogeny of the orchid bees (Hymenoptera: Apinae: Euglossini): DNA and morphology yield equivalent patterns. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2004;32:309-23 pubmed..The morphological and molecular data yield congruent evolutionary patterns, and combining the data gives a fully resolved and well supported phylogeny of Euglossini. ..
- Broussard S, McCusker R, Novakofski J, Strle K, Shen W, Johnson R, et al. IL-1beta impairs insulin-like growth factor i-induced differentiation and downstream activation signals of the insulin-like growth factor i receptor in myoblasts. J Immunol. 2004;172:7713-20 pubmed..Collectively, the results are consistent with the notion that very low concentrations of IL-1beta significantly impair myogenesis, but they are unable to do so in the absence of the growth factor IGF-I. ..
- Beatty J, Kramer J, Plowey E, Waldrop T. Physical exercise decreases neuronal activity in the posterior hypothalamic area of spontaneously hypertensive rats. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2005;98:572-8 pubmed..Thus physical exercise may alter central neural control of cardiovascular function by inducing lasting changes in neuronal activity. ..
- Kim T, Tripathy D. Antigenic and genetic characterization of an avian poxvirus isolated from an endangered Hawaiian goose (Branta sandvicensis). Avian Dis. 2006;50:15-21 pubmed
- Robinson G, Fernald R, Clayton D. Genes and social behavior. Science. 2008;322:896-900 pubmed publisher..We also discuss how evolutionary changes in genomic elements influence social behavior and outline prospects for a systems biology of social behavior. ..
- Markham J, Herting M, Luszpak A, Juraska J, Greenough W. Myelination of the corpus callosum in male and female rats following complex environment housing during adulthood. Brain Res. 2009;1288:9-17 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the sensitivity of myelination to experience is reduced in adulthood relative to development in both sexes. ..
- Yeung N, Lin Y, Gao Y, Zhao X, Russell B, Lei L, et al. Rational design of a structural and functional nitric oxide reductase. Nature. 2009;462:1079-82 pubmed publisher..These results show that structural and functional metalloproteins can be rationally designed in silico. ..
- Kim K, Hill C, Hartman G, Hyten D, Hudson M, Diers B. Fine mapping of the soybean aphid-resistance gene Rag2 in soybean PI 200538. Theor Appl Genet. 2010;121:599-610 pubmed publisher..SNP marker and candidate gene information identified in this study will be an important resource in marker-assisted selection for aphid resistance and for cloning the gene. ..
- Ganu R, Garrow T, Sodhi M, Rund L, Schook L. Molecular characterization and analysis of the porcine betaine homocysteine methyltransferase and betaine homocysteine methyltransferase-2 genes. Gene. 2011;473:133-8 pubmed publisher..These findings confirm that the expression pattern of BHMT and BHMT-2 genes in pigs is similar to humans, supporting the use of the pig as an animal model to study the genetics and regulation of BHMT and BHMT-2 expression. ..