Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Locale: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Publications940 found, 100 shown here
- Grasberger H, Bell G. Subcellular recruitment by TSG118 and TSPYL implicates a role for zinc finger protein 106 in a novel developmental pathway. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2005;37:1421-37 pubmed..These results identify ZFP106 as a potential player in a novel pathway involved in testis development. ..
- Udawatte C, Ripps H. The spread of apoptosis through gap-junctional channels in BHK cells transfected with Cx32. Apoptosis. 2005;10:1019-29 pubmed..This "bystander effect" was significantly reduced in the presence of agents that block gap junctional intercellular communication. ..
- Reschly E, Spaulding C, Vilimas T, Graham W, Brumbaugh R, Aifantis I, et al. Notch1 promotes survival of E2A-deficient T cell lymphomas through pre-T cell receptor-dependent and -independent mechanisms. Blood. 2006;107:4115-21 pubmed..Our findings indicate that the activation of Notch1 is an important "second hit" for the transformation of E2A(-/-) T cell lymphomas and that Notch1 promotes survival through pre-TCR-dependent and -independent mechanisms. ..
- Napier T, Istre E. Methamphetamine-induced sensitization includes a functional upregulation of ventral pallidal 5-HT2A/2C receptors. Synapse. 2008;62:14-21 pubmed..These data reveal that METH-induced behavioral sensitization renders the VP more responsive to METH and is associated with a functional upregulation of 5-HT2 receptors. ..
- Grdina D, Murley J, Kataoka Y, Baker K, Kunnavakkam R, Coleman M, et al. Amifostine induces antioxidant enzymatic activities in normal tissues and a transplantable tumor that can affect radiation response. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2009;73:886-96 pubmed publisher..To determine whether amifostine can induce elevated manganese superoxide dismutase (SOD2) in murine tissues and a transplantable SA-NH tumor, resulting in a delayed tumor cell radioprotective effect...
- Nelis L, Wootton J. Treatment-based Markov chain models clarify mechanisms of invasion in an invaded grassland community. Proc Biol Sci. 2010;277:539-47 pubmed publisher..Using a treatment-based approach to multi-species Markov chain models allowed us to examine the changes in the importance of mechanisms in response to experimental impacts on communities. ..
- Paganessi L, Walker A, Tan L, Holmes I, Rich E, Fung H, et al. Effective mobilization of hematopoietic progenitor cells in G-CSF mobilization defective CD26-/- mice through AMD3100-induced disruption of the CXCL12-CXCR4 axis. Exp Hematol. 2011;39:384-90 pubmed publisher..The use of AMD3100 as a single agent would give patients or donors an additional option for a successful stem cell transplant. ..
- Ray P, Luo X, Rao E, Basha A, Woodruff E, Wu J. The splicing factor Prp31 is essential for photoreceptor development in Drosophila. Protein Cell. 2010;1:267-74 pubmed publisher..Expression of the human Prp31 in these animals leads to a partial rescue of the eye phenotype. Our results indicate that the Drosophila CG6876 is the fly ortholog of mammalian Prp31 gene. ..
- Schumacker P. SIRT3 controls cancer metabolic reprogramming by regulating ROS and HIF. Cancer Cell. 2011;19:299-300 pubmed publisher..This shift is mediated by an increase in cellular reactive oxygen species (ROS) generation that amplifies HIF-? stabilization and HIF-dependent gene expression, thereby driving the tumor phenotype. ..
- Bojovic B, Crowe D. Telomere dysfunction promotes metastasis in a TERC null mouse model of head and neck cancer. Mol Cancer Res. 2011;9:901-13 pubmed publisher..We concluded that telomere shortening promotes metastatic tumor development in a Terc null mouse model of head and neck cancer. ..
- Lemke S, Antonopoulos D, Meyer F, Domanus M, Schmidt Ott U. BMP signaling components in embryonic transcriptomes of the hover fly Episyrphus balteatus (Syrphidae). BMC Genomics. 2011;12:278 pubmed publisher..Transcriptome sequence data from this study have been deposited at the NCBI Sequence Read Archive (SRP005289); individually assembled sequences have been deposited at GenBank (JN006969-JN006986).]. ..
- Abdala Valencia H, Berdnikovs S, Cook Mills J. Mechanisms for vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 activation of ERK1/2 during leukocyte transendothelial migration. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e26706 pubmed publisher..VCAM-1 activation of endothelial cell NADPH oxidase/PKC?/PTP1B induces transient ERK1/2 activation that is necessary for VCAM-1-dependent leukocyte TEM. ..
- Calve S, Simon H. Biochemical and mechanical environment cooperatively regulate skeletal muscle regeneration. FASEB J. 2012;26:2538-45 pubmed publisher..These new findings will enable the determination of how biochemical and mechanical cues from the ECM control genetic pathways that drive regeneration...
- Prabhakar N, Kumar G, Peng Y. Sympatho-adrenal activation by chronic intermittent hypoxia. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2012;113:1304-10 pubmed publisher..Molecular mechanisms underlying increased ROS generation by CIH seem to involve transcriptional dysregulation of genes encoding pro-and antioxidant enzymes by hypoxia-inducible factor-1 and -2, respectively. ..
- Huang L, Berdyshev E, Mathew B, Fu P, Gorshkova I, He D, et al. Targeting sphingosine kinase 1 attenuates bleomycin-induced pulmonary fibrosis. FASEB J. 2013;27:1749-60 pubmed publisher..In vitro, bleomycin-induced expression of SphK1 in lung fibroblast was found to be TGF-? dependent. Taken together, these data indicate that SphK1 plays a critical role in the pathology of lung fibrosis and is a novel therapeutic target...
- Roy A, Pahan K. Ankyrin repeat and BTB/POZ domain containing protein-2 inhibits the aggregation of alpha-synuclein: implications for Parkinson's disease. FEBS Lett. 2013;587:3567-74 pubmed publisher..Finally, the absence of BPOZ-2 in ?-synuclein expressing neuronal populations of MPTP-intoxicated mouse and primate nigra indicates that the suppression of BPOZ-2 could be involved in the accumulation of ?-synuclein protein. ..
- Perez M, Lee K, Cardona H, Taylor J, Robbins M, Waypa G, et al. Aberrant cGMP signaling persists during recovery in mice with oxygen-induced pulmonary hypertension. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0180957 pubmed publisher..These data are consistent with clinical studies suggesting inconsistent effects of sildenafil treatment in infants with BPD-associated PH. ..
- Piao L, Fang Y, Kubler M, Donnino M, Sharp W. Enhanced pyruvate dehydrogenase activity improves cardiac outcomes in a murine model of cardiac arrest. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185046 pubmed publisher..19%, P<0.05) in normothermic animals. Enhanced PDH activity in the setting of TH or DCA administration is associated with improved post-CA resuscitation outcomes. PDH is a promising therapeutic target for improving post-CA outcomes. ..
- Pinna G, Dong E, Matsumoto K, Costa E, Guidotti A. In socially isolated mice, the reversal of brain allopregnanolone down-regulation mediates the anti-aggressive action of fluoxetine. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:2035-40 pubmed..We conclude that Allo brain content normalization is a better candidate than 5-HT reuptake inhibition to explain the reduction of aggressiveness elicited by S-FLX and S-NFLX. ..
- Xu Y, Leung C, Lee D, Kennedy B, Crispino J. MTB, the murine homolog of condensin II subunit CAP-G2, represses transcription and promotes erythroid cell differentiation. Leukemia. 2006;20:1261-9 pubmed
- Klein D, Patino A, Tresch M. Flexibility of motor pattern generation across stimulation conditions by the neonatal rat spinal cord. J Neurophysiol. 2010;103:1580-90 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the intrinsic flexibility of motor pattern generation by spinal motor circuitry which is present from birth and provides important information to many studies examining spinal pattern generating networks. ..
- Andrews J, Zhang X, McCarthy J, McDearmon E, Hornberger T, Russell B, et al. CLOCK and BMAL1 regulate MyoD and are necessary for maintenance of skeletal muscle phenotype and function. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:19090-5 pubmed publisher..The identification of MyoD as a clock-controlled gene provides a mechanism by which the circadian clock may generate a muscle-specific circadian transcriptome in an adaptive role for the daily maintenance of adult skeletal muscle...
- Upadhyay V, Fu Y. Lymphotoxin signalling in immune homeostasis and the control of microorganisms. Nat Rev Immunol. 2013;13:270-9 pubmed publisher..In this Review, we discuss these newly defined roles for LT, with a particular focus on how the LT receptor pathway regulates innate and adaptive immune responses to microorganisms. ..
- Roychowdhury S, Wang N, Rasenick M. G protein binding and G protein activation by nucleotide transfer involve distinct domains on tubulin: regulation of signal transduction by cytoskeletal elements. Biochemistry. 1993;32:4955-61 pubmed..Despite their ability to block the activation of Gi1 by tubulin, neither antibody altered the ability of tubulin to bind to native Gi alpha affixed to nitrocellulose.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) ..
- Hack A, Ly C, Jiang F, Clendenin C, Sigrist K, Wollmann R, et al. Gamma-sarcoglycan deficiency leads to muscle membrane defects and apoptosis independent of dystrophin. J Cell Biol. 1998;142:1279-87 pubmed..As a common molecular feature in a variety of muscular dystrophies, sarcoglycan loss is a likely mediator of pathology. ..
- Fu Y, Liu H, Forsythe S, Kogut P, McConville J, Halayko A, et al. Mutagenesis analysis of human SM22: characterization of actin binding. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2000;89:1985-90 pubmed..These data confirm that SM22 binds to actin in vitro and in vivo and, for the first time, demonstrate that multiple regions within the COOH-terminal domain are required for full actin affinity...
- Dodge Khatami A, Backer C, Holinger L, Mavroudis C, Cook K, Crawford S. Healing of a free tracheal autograft is enhanced by topical vascular endothelial growth factor in an experimental rabbit model. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2001;122:554-61 pubmed..Topical vascular endothelial growth factor may improve future results of tracheal reconstruction. ..
- Jovasevic V, Mokyr M. Melphalan-induced expression of IFN-beta in MOPC-315 tumor-bearing mice and its importance for the up-regulation of TNF-alpha expression. J Immunol. 2001;167:4895-901 pubmed..Thus, the IFN-beta gene is an early response gene that is activated in response to L-PAM via a pathway that involves reactive oxygen species, and IFN-beta in turn plays an important role in L-PAM-induced TNF-alpha up-regulation. ..
- Li Z, Ajdic J, Eigenthaler M, Du X. A predominant role for cAMP-dependent protein kinase in the cGMP-induced phosphorylation of vasodilator-stimulated phosphoprotein and platelet inhibition in humans. Blood. 2003;101:4423-9 pubmed..Thus, PKA plays a predominant role in the cGMP-induced phosphorylation of VASP and platelet inhibition in human platelets. ..
- Serfas M, Tyner A. Brk, Srm, Frk, and Src42A form a distinct family of intracellular Src-like tyrosine kinases. Oncol Res. 2003;13:409-19 pubmed..It is possible that Brk family kinases may share common functions and interaction partners, which remain for the most part unexamined. ..
- O DONNELL J. Polar hysteria: an expression of hypervitaminosis A. Am J Ther. 2004;11:507-16 pubmed
- Shaver C, Hauser A. Interactions between effector proteins of the Pseudomonas aeruginosa type III secretion system do not significantly affect several measures of disease severity in mammals. Microbiology. 2006;152:143-52 pubmed
- Li X, Gao X, Liu G, Xiong W, Wu J, Rao Y. Netrin signal transduction and the guanine nucleotide exchange factor DOCK180 in attractive signaling. Nat Neurosci. 2008;11:28-35 pubmed..These findings indicate that netrin stimulation recruits DOCK180 through DCC, which then activates small GTPases, suggesting an essential role for DOCK180 in mediating attractive responses by neurons to netrin-1. ..
- Tyler M, Sonabend A, Ulasov I, Lesniak M. Vector therapies for malignant glioma: shifting the clinical paradigm. Expert Opin Drug Deliv. 2008;5:445-58 pubmed..Although significant questions remain to be answered, early clinical data suggest safety of this approach and future studies will likely address the efficacy of the proposed therapy. ..
- Bakris G, Fonseca V, Sharma K, Wright E. Renal sodium-glucose transport: role in diabetes mellitus and potential clinical implications. Kidney Int. 2009;75:1272-1277 pubmed publisher..Clinical research remains to be carried out on the long-term effects of glucosuria and other potential effects of this class of drug. Nonetheless, these compounds represent a very promising approach for the treatment of diabetes. ..
- Bhattacharyya S, Wei J, Melichian D, Milbrandt J, Takehara K, Varga J. The transcriptional cofactor nab2 is induced by tgf-Beta and suppresses fibroblast activation: physiological roles and impaired expression in scleroderma. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e7620 pubmed publisher..Defective Nab2 expression or function in dermal fibroblasts might play a role in persistent fibrotic responses in scleroderma. ..
- Weber C, Raleigh D, Su L, Shen L, Sullivan E, Wang Y, et al. Epithelial myosin light chain kinase activation induces mucosal interleukin-13 expression to alter tight junction ion selectivity. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:12037-46 pubmed publisher..Interactions between these otherwise distinct tight junction regulatory pathways may contribute to IBD pathogenesis...
- Mata A, Geng Y, Henrikson K, Aparicio C, Stock S, Satcher R, et al. Bone regeneration mediated by biomimetic mineralization of a nanofiber matrix. Biomaterials. 2010;31:6004-12 pubmed publisher..We found within 4 weeks significantly higher bone formation relative to controls lacking phosphorylated residues and comparable bone formation to that observed in animals treated with a clinically used allogenic bone matrix. ..
- Bhattacharya P, Gopisetty A, Ganesh B, Sheng J, Prabhakar B. GM-CSF-induced, bone-marrow-derived dendritic cells can expand natural Tregs and induce adaptive Tregs by different mechanisms. J Leukoc Biol. 2011;89:235-49 pubmed publisher..These results strongly suggest that the BMDCs differentiated by GM-CSF can expand nTregs and induce adaptive Tregs through different mechanisms. ..
- Zeng G, Chen C, Huang D, Yao S, Wang R, Chen Z. Membrane-bound IL-22 after de novo production in tuberculosis and anti-Mycobacterium tuberculosis effector function of IL-22+ CD4+ T cells. J Immunol. 2011;187:190-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that IL-22-producing T cells can evolve to retain IL-22 on membrane for prolonged IL-22 t(1/2) and to exert efficient cell-cell interaction for anti-M. tuberculosis effector function. ..
- Carreras A, Kayali F, Zhang J, Hirotsu C, Wang Y, Gozal D. Metabolic effects of intermittent hypoxia in mice: steady versus high-frequency applied hypoxia daily during the rest period. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2012;303:R700-9 pubmed publisher..Thus IH(H) and IH(L) elicit differential glucose homeostatic responses despite similar cumulative hypoxic profiles. ..
- Hong S, Jia S, Xie P, Xu W, Leung K, Mustoe T, et al. Topically delivered adipose derived stem cells show an activated-fibroblast phenotype and enhance granulation tissue formation in skin wounds. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e55640 pubmed publisher..We showed that transplanted ASCs exhibited activated fibroblast phenotype, increased endothelial cell recruitment, and enhanced macrophage recruitment in vivo...
- Bell R, Li J, Shewman E, Galante J, Cole B, Bach B, et al. ADAMTS5 is required for biomechanically-stimulated healing of murine tendinopathy. J Orthop Res. 2013;31:1540-8 pubmed publisher..Hence, repair of biomechanically compromised tendons exhibiting midsubstance chondroid accumulation requires ADAMTS5. ..
- Omatsu Y, Seike M, Sugiyama T, Kume T, Nagasawa T. Foxc1 is a critical regulator of haematopoietic stem/progenitor cell niche formation. Nature. 2014;508:536-40 pubmed publisher..This study identifies Foxc1 as a specific transcriptional regulator essential for development and maintenance of the mesenchymal niches for haematopoietic stem and progenitor cells. ..
- Yin Z, Yu S, Wei Y, Ma L, Wu Z, Wang L, et al. C21 steroidal glycosides from Cynanchum stauntonii induce apoptosis in HepG2 cells. Steroids. 2016;106:55-61 pubmed publisher..These results indicated that compound 4 might be valuable to anticancer drug candidates. ..
- Zhao B, Mei Y, Schipma M, Roth E, Bleher R, Rappoport J, et al. Nuclear Condensation during Mouse Erythropoiesis Requires Caspase-3-Mediated Nuclear Opening. Dev Cell. 2016;36:498-510 pubmed publisher..We conclude that caspase-3-mediated nuclear opening formation accompanied by histone release from the opening is a critical step toward chromatin condensation during erythropoiesis in mice. ..
- Wang C, Huang S. Drug Development Against Metastatic Cancers. Yale J Biol Med. 2017;90:119-123 pubmed..Here we discuss the evolution of past and current anti-cancer drug development, the limits of current strategies, and possible alternative approaches for future drug development against metastatic cancers. ..
- McGwire G, Tan F, Michel B, Rehli M, Skidgel R. Identification of a membrane-bound carboxypeptidase as the mammalian homolog of duck gp180, a hepatitis B virus-binding protein. Life Sci. 1997;60:715-24 pubmed..1 cells and gave a 175 kDa protein band in Western blots. Thus, carboxypeptidase D is the mammalian homolog of duck gp180 and is distributed in a variety of different cell types. ..
- Blackmer T, Larsen E, Takahashi M, Martin T, Alford S, Hamm H. G protein betagamma subunit-mediated presynaptic inhibition: regulation of exocytotic fusion downstream of Ca2+ entry. Science. 2001;292:293-7 pubmed..Thus, Gbetagamma blocked neurotransmitter release downstream of Ca2+ entry and may directly target the exocytotic fusion machinery at the presynaptic terminal. ..
- Fullerton S, Bartoszewicz A, Ybazeta G, Horikawa Y, Bell G, Kidd K, et al. Geographic and haplotype structure of candidate type 2 diabetes susceptibility variants at the calpain-10 locus. Am J Hum Genet. 2002;70:1096-106 pubmed..These results suggest a history of positive natural selection at the locus, resulting in significant geographic differences in polymorphism frequencies. The relationship of these differences to disease risk is discussed. ..
- Roy A, Pandey S. The decreased cellular expression of neuropeptide Y protein in rat brain structures during ethanol withdrawal after chronic ethanol exposure. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2002;26:796-803 pubmed
- Eskandari M, Vijungco J, Flores A, Borensztajn J, Shively V, Pearce W. Enhanced abdominal aortic aneurysm in TIMP-1-deficient mice. J Surg Res. 2005;123:289-93 pubmed..TIMP-1-/- mice develop larger aneurysms than TIMP-1+/+ mice. This study illustrates the protective effects of TIMP-1 in an experimental AAA model and may provide a means for pharmacologically controlling aneurysm growth. ..
- Chen L, Cagniard B, Mathews T, Jones S, Koh H, Ding Y, et al. Age-dependent motor deficits and dopaminergic dysfunction in DJ-1 null mice. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:21418-26 pubmed..These data represent the in vivo evidence that loss of DJ-1 function alters nigrostriatal dopaminergic function and produces motor deficits. ..
- Murillo G, Hirschelman W, Ito A, Moriarty R, Kinghorn A, Pezzuto J, et al. Zapotin, a phytochemical present in a Mexican fruit, prevents colon carcinogenesis. Nutr Cancer. 2007;57:28-37 pubmed..The present study is the first to report the potent anticancer activity of zapotin and suggests a role for zapotin both as a chemopreventive and a chemotherapeutic agent against colon cancer...
- Tawar U, Kotlo K, Jain S, Shukla S, Setty S, Danziger R. Renal phosphodiesterase 4B is activated in the Dahl salt-sensitive rat. Hypertension. 2008;51:762-6 pubmed publisher..These results raise the possibility that increased PDE4 activity, specifically phosphodiesterase 4B4 activity, reduces beta-adrenergic signaling in the kidney and contributes to salt-sensitive hypertension in the Dahl SS rat. ..
- Billips B, Schaeffer A, Klumpp D. Molecular basis of uropathogenic Escherichia coli evasion of the innate immune response in the bladder. Infect Immun. 2008;76:3891-900 pubmed publisher..Thus, UPEC evasion of innate immune detection of bacterial components, such as lipopolysaccharide and peptidoglycan fragments, is likely an important factor in the ability of UPEC to colonize the urinary tract. ..
- Laricchia Robbio L, Premanand K, Rinaldi C, Nucifora G. EVI1 Impairs myelopoiesis by deregulation of PU.1 function. Cancer Res. 2009;69:1633-42 pubmed publisher..After mapping the PU.1-EVI1 interaction sites, we show that an EVI1 point mutant, unable to bind PU.1, restores the activation of PU.1-regulated genes and allows a normal differentiation of BM progenitors in vitro. ..
- Zunich S, Douglas T, Valdovinos M, Chang T, Bushman W, Walterhouse D, et al. Paracrine sonic hedgehog signalling by prostate cancer cells induces osteoblast differentiation. Mol Cancer. 2009;8:12 pubmed publisher..Targeting of paracrine Shh signalling may provide an effective therapeutic strategy against prostate carcinoma metastasis in bone. ..
- Dreixler J, Barone F, Shaikh A, Du E, Roth S. Mitogen-activated protein kinase p38alpha and retinal ischemic preconditioning. Exp Eye Res. 2009;89:782-90 pubmed publisher..Specific inhibition of p38alpha suggests that this MAPK is involved in the protective effects of IPC, and that p38 is downstream of mitochondrial KATP channels, but not adenosine receptors, in this neuroprotection. ..
- Freitag N, Port G, Miner M. Listeria monocytogenes - from saprophyte to intracellular pathogen. Nat Rev Microbiol. 2009;7:623-8 pubmed publisher..In this Progress article we describe the regulation of PrfA and its role in the L. monocytogenes transition from the saprophytic stage to the virulent intracellular stage. ..
- Niewold T, Clark D, Salloum R, Poole B. Interferon alpha in systemic lupus erythematosus. J Biomed Biotechnol. 2010;2010:948364 pubmed publisher..Interferon alpha influences the clinical picture of lupus and may represent a therapeutic target. This paper provides an overview of the cellular, genetic, and clinical aspects of interferon alpha in lupus. ..
- Zhang J, Yang H, Long M, Li L, Dean A. Evolution of enzymatic activities of testis-specific short-chain dehydrogenase/reductase in Drosophila. J Mol Evol. 2010;71:241-9 pubmed publisher..Our results lend support to a general mechanism for the evolution of a new enzyme, in which catalytic chemistry evolves first followed by diversification of substrate utilization...
- Place A, Chen Z, Bakhshi F, Liu G, O Bryan J, Minshall R. Cooperative role of caveolin-1 and C-terminal Src kinase binding protein in C-terminal Src kinase-mediated negative regulation of c-Src. Mol Pharmacol. 2011;80:665-72 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, when either Cav-1 or Cbp expression is reduced or absent, there is a compensatory increase in the phosphorylation state or expression level of the other membrane-associated Csk adaptor to maintain SFK inhibition. ..
- Dos Santos G, Kutuzov M, Ridge K. The inflammasome in lung diseases. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2012;303:L627-33 pubmed publisher..The aim of this review is to summarize the most relevant points of inflammasome activation in lung diseases. ..
- Kim K, Chen C, Monzon R, Lau L. Matricellular protein CCN1 promotes regression of liver fibrosis through induction of cellular senescence in hepatic myofibroblasts. Mol Cell Biol. 2013;33:2078-90 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal a novel integrin-dependent mechanism of fibrosis resolution in chronic liver injury and identify the CCN1 signaling pathway as a potential target for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Shou S, Carlson H, Perez W, Stadler H. HOXA13 regulates Aldh1a2 expression in the autopod to facilitate interdigital programmed cell death. Dev Dyn. 2013;242:687-98 pubmed publisher..These findings provide new insights into the transcriptional regulation of RA signaling necessary for limb morphogenesis. ..
- Haber P, Ye M, Wysocki J, Maier C, Haque S, Batlle D. Angiotensin-converting enzyme 2-independent action of presumed angiotensin-converting enzyme 2 activators: studies in vivo, ex vivo, and in vitro. Hypertension. 2014;63:774-82 pubmed publisher..Moreover, Ang II degradation in vitro and ex vivo was unaffected by XNT and diminazene. We conclude that the biological effects of these compounds are ACE2-independent and should not be attributed to the activation of this enzyme. ..
- Yoshimura R, Minami K, Matsuda J, Sawada N, Miura S, Kamei Y. Phosphorylation of 4EBP by oral leucine administration was suppressed in the skeletal muscle of PGC-1Î± knockout mice. Biosci Biotechnol Biochem. 2016;80:288-90 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that skeletal muscle-PGC-1Î± is important for leucine-mediated mTOR activation and protein biosynthesis. ..
- Gerhardstein B, Puri T, Chien A, Hosey M. Identification of the sites phosphorylated by cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase on the beta 2 subunit of L-type voltage-dependent calcium channels. Biochemistry. 1999;38:10361-70 pubmed..The sites phosphorylated by PKA are not substrates for protein kinase C (PKC), as the mutated beta 2 subunits lacking PKA sites remained good substrates for PKC. ..
- Luo R, Lavau C, Du C, Simone F, Polak P, Kawamata S, et al. The elongation domain of ELL is dispensable but its ELL-associated factor 1 interaction domain is essential for MLL-ELL-induced leukemogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:5678-87 pubmed..In addition, these studies support a critical role for MLL partner genes and their protein-protein interactions in 11q23 leukemogenesis. ..
- Prins G, Chang W, Wang Y, van Breemen R. Retinoic acid receptors and retinoids are up-regulated in the developing and adult rat prostate by neonatal estrogen exposure. Endocrinology. 2002;143:3628-40 pubmed..Thus, we hypothesize that alterations in morphogenesis as well as dysplasia in the adult prostate may be mediated in part through augmentation of transcriptional signals in the retinoid pathway. ..
- Dey A, Xhu X, Carroll R, Turck C, Stein J, Steiner D. Biological processing of the cocaine and amphetamine-regulated transcript precursors by prohormone convertases, PC2 and PC1/3. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:15007-14 pubmed..These findings confirm the key roles of PC2 and PC1/3 acting together or separately to carry out CART processing in selected sites in vivo. ..
- Ren G, Doshi M, Hack B, Alexander J, Quigg R. Rat glomerular epithelial cells produce and bear factor H on their surface that is up-regulated under complement attack. Kidney Int. 2003;64:914-22 pubmed..As modeled both in vitro and in vivo in the rat, factor H is up-regulated in membranous nephropathy. This is likely to be a direct response of GEC to complement attack and may represent a protective response of this cell. ..
- Minto A, Wilson H, Rees A, Quigg R, Brown P. Selective expression of TGF-beta2 and TGF-beta3 isoforms in early mesangioproliferative glomerulonephritis. Nephron Exp Nephrol. 2004;96:e111-8 pubmed..Based on these results, we propose that the effects, formerly thought of as solely due to a single entity, TGF-beta1, may be the result of an interplay between individual TGF-beta isoforms. ..
- Guo L, Ladu M, Van Eldik L. A dual role for apolipoprotein e in neuroinflammation: anti- and pro-inflammatory activity. J Mol Neurosci. 2004;23:205-12 pubmed..In addition, the observation that apoE4 has more robust pro-inflammatory activity than apoE3 provides a mechanistic link between the APOE4 allele and AD, and suggests potential apoE-based therapeutic strategies. ..
- Spiotto M, Schreiber H. Floxed reporter genes: Flow-cytometric selection of clonable cells expressing high levels of a target gene after tamoxifen-regulated Cre-loxP recombination. J Immunol Methods. 2006;312:201-8 pubmed..We describe an efficient method to select for clones expressing high levels of a target gene after tamoxifen regulated Cre-loxP recombination. Other floxed reporter genes should be equally useful. ..
- Carpentier P, Williams B, Miller S. Distinct roles of protein kinase R and toll-like receptor 3 in the activation of astrocytes by viral stimuli. Glia. 2007;55:239-52 pubmed..The activation of astrocytes through these different pathways has implications for the initiation and progression of viral encephalitis and demyelinating diseases such as multiple sclerosis. ..
- Grippo A, Lamb D, Carter C, Porges S. Cardiac regulation in the socially monogamous prairie vole. Physiol Behav. 2007;90:386-93 pubmed..The current results provide a foundation for studying neural and social regulation of cardiac function during different behavioral states in this socially monogamous rodent model. ..
- Suszko M, Antenos M, Balkin D, Woodruff T. Smad3 and Pitx2 cooperate in stimulation of FSHbeta gene transcription. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2008;281:27-36 pubmed..Overall, these data contribute to the emerging molecular mechanism underlying both basal and activin-dependent FSHbeta gene regulation. ..
- Ayres J, Freitag N, Schneider D. Identification of Drosophila mutants altering defense of and endurance to Listeria monocytogenes infection. Genetics. 2008;178:1807-15 pubmed publisher..By using a whole-animal model and screening for host survival, we revealed genes involved in physiologies different from those that were found in previous screens, which all had defects in defensive immune signaling. ..
- ..In a recent article in Current Biology, Kunda et al. describe a new role for ERM proteins in regulating rearrangements of the cortical cytoskeleton during mitosis. ..
- Ushio Fukai M. Compartmentalization of redox signaling through NADPH oxidase-derived ROS. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2009;11:1289-99 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes the recent progress on compartmentalization of redox signaling via activation of NADPH oxidase, which is implicated in cell biology and pathophysiologies. ..