Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on aged in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Locale: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Publications704 found, 100 shown here
- Naidech A, Bendok B, Garg R, Bernstein R, Alberts M, Bleck T, et al. Reduced platelet activity is associated with more intraventricular hemorrhage. Neurosurgery. 2009;65:684-8; discussion 688 pubmed publisher..001) at 14 days and with mRS scores at 28 days (P = 0.02) and 3 months (P = 0.008). Reduced platelet activity was related to more IVH as a complication of ICH. The relationship of platelet activity to IVH deserves further study. ..
- Bendok B, Sherma A, Hage Z, Das S, Naidech A, Surdell D, et al. Periprocedural MRI perfusion imaging to assess and monitor the hemodynamic impact of intracranial angioplasty and stenting for symptomatic atherosclerotic stenosis. J Clin Neurosci. 2010;17:54-8 pubmed publisher..05, p=0.03) whereas CBV did not change significantly (p>0.05). We conclude that MRI perfusion appears a promising technique for analyzing the impact of intracranial stenosis on cerebral hemodynamics before and after treatment. ..
- Le B, Griffin C, Loeb S, Carvalhal G, Kan D, Baumann N, et al. [-2]Proenzyme prostate specific antigen is more accurate than total and free prostate specific antigen in differentiating prostate cancer from benign disease in a prospective prostate cancer screening study. J Urol. 2010;183:1355-9 pubmed publisher..5 to 10 ng/ml and a negative digital rectal examination. ..
- Bhatia S, Piasecki D, Nho S, Romeo A, Cole B, Nicholson G, et al. Early return to work in workers' compensation patients after arthroscopic full-thickness rotator cuff repair. Arthroscopy. 2010;26:1027-34 pubmed publisher..Alcohol use was the only prognostic factor to show a significant association with return to restricted-duty employment and repair failure. Level IV, therapeutic case series. ..
- Gwin K, Buell Gutbrod R, Tretiakova M, Montag A. Epithelial-to-mesenchymal transition in metaplastic breast carcinomas with chondroid differentiation: expression of the E-cadherin repressor Snail. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2010;18:526-31 pubmed publisher..E-cadherin expression was inversely correlated with active nuclear Snail expression. Our results suggest that EMT is induced in MBCD and may contribute to their frequent hematogenous metastasis. ..
- Kuper L, Nussbaum R, Mustanski B. Exploring the diversity of gender and sexual orientation identities in an online sample of transgender individuals. J Sex Res. 2012;49:244-54 pubmed publisher..This study explores explanations and implications for these patterns of identification, along with the potential distinctiveness of this sample. ..
- Naunheim M, Langerman A. Pharyngoceles: a photo-anatomic study and novel management. Laryngoscope. 2013;123:1632-8 pubmed publisher..These lesions may be amenable to endoscopic repair with minimal long-term morbidity. ..
- Kearns J, Lapin B, Wang E, Roehl K, Cooper P, Catalona W, et al. Associations Between iCOGS Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms and Upgrading in Both Surgical and Active Surveillance Cohorts of Men with Prostate Cancer. Eur Urol. 2016;69:223-8 pubmed publisher..We found that these genetic markers helped predict which patients had more aggressive disease in both groups. ..
- Miller D, Baker J, Rymer W. Ascending vestibular drive is asymmetrically distributed to the inferior oblique motoneuron pools in a subset of hemispheric stroke survivors. Clin Neurophysiol. 2016;127:2022-30 pubmed publisher..We speculate this imbalance is a consequence of the unilateral disruption of inhibitory corticobulbar projections to the vestibular nuclei. This study potentially sheds light on the underlying mechanisms of post-stroke spasticity. ..
- Tap W, Jones R, Van Tine B, Chmielowski B, Elias A, Adkins D, et al. Olaratumab and doxorubicin versus doxorubicin alone for treatment of soft-tissue sarcoma: an open-label phase 1b and randomised phase 2 trial. Lancet. 2016;388:488-97 pubmed publisher..8 months in median overall survival, suggesting a potential shift in the treatment of soft-tissue sarcoma. Eli Lilly and Company. ..
- McDermott M, Polonsky T, Kibbe M, Tian L, Zhao L, Pearce W, et al. Racial differences in functional decline in peripheral artery disease and associations with socioeconomic status and education. J Vasc Surg. 2017;66:826-834 pubmed publisher..Black PAD patients have higher rates of mobility loss and becoming unable to walk for 6 minutes continuously. These differences appear related to racial differences in socioeconomic status and physical activity. ..
- Aljohani S, Alqahtani F, Almustafa A, Boobes K, Modi S, Alkhouli M. Trends and Outcomes of Aortic Valve Replacement in Patients With End-Stage Renal Disease on Hemodialysis. Am J Cardiol. 2017;120:1626-1632 pubmed publisher..However, AVR mortality in HD patients remained twofold higher compared with non-HD patients. Also, AVR in HD patients was associated with higher cost, longer hospitalizations, and more frequent nonhome discharges. ..
- Larghi A, Noffsinger A, Dye C, Hart J, Waxman I. EUS-guided fine needle tissue acquisition by using high negative pressure suction for the evaluation of solid masses: a pilot study. Gastrointest Endosc. 2005;62:768-74 pubmed..Further studies in which EUS-FNTA is performed before FNA and with variable number of passes are needed to better define its diagnostic role and performance characteristics. ..
- Edwards S, Wilson N, Zhang L, Flores S, Merk B. Two-part surgical neck fractures of the proximal part of the humerus. A biomechanical evaluation of two fixation techniques. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2006;88:2258-64 pubmed..The purpose of this study was to compare the biomechanical stability of a proximal humeral intramedullary nail and a locking plate for the treatment of a comminuted two-part fracture of the surgical neck in a human cadaver model...
- Kim A, Faber L, Warren W, Basu S, Wightman S, Weber J, et al. Pneumonectomy after chemoradiation therapy for non-small cell lung cancer: does "side" really matter?. Ann Thorac Surg. 2009;88:937-43; discussion 944 pubmed publisher..Major complications negatively affected 5-year survival with right-sided pneumonectomies. ..
- Fineberg S, Oglesby M, Patel A, Pelton M, Singh K. Outcomes of cervical spine surgery in teaching and non-teaching hospitals. Spine (Phila Pa 1976). 2013;38:1089-96 pubmed publisher..Future studies should identify long-term complications and costs beyond an inpatient setting to assess if differences extend beyond the perioperative period. 4. ..
- Cohen M, Kozin S. Degenerative arthritis of the wrist: proximal row carpectomy versus scaphoid excision and four-corner arthrodesis. J Hand Surg Am. 2001;26:94-104 pubmed..Both PRC and scaphoid excision and 4-corner arthrodesis are motion-preserving options for the treatment of scapholunate advanced collapse arthritis with minimal subjective or objective differences in short-term follow-up evaluations...
- Wall T, Brown L. Recent trends in dental visits and private dental insurance, 1989 and 1999. J Am Dent Assoc. 2003;134:621-7 pubmed..If this trend persists, a smaller portion of practicing dentist's clientele will be insured. This may affect demand for services, as well as front office operations. ..
- Jakate S, Demeo M, John R, Tobin M, Keshavarzian A. Mastocytic enterocolitis: increased mucosal mast cells in chronic intractable diarrhea. Arch Pathol Lab Med. 2006;130:362-7 pubmed..Similar increases in mast cells are not apparent in control populations or in patients with other specific diseases that cause chronic diarrhea. The cause of the increased mast cells remains to be elucidated. ..
- Rosengart A, Schultheiss K, Tolentino J, MacDonald R. Prognostic factors for outcome in patients with aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage. Stroke. 2007;38:2315-21 pubmed
- Gerami P, Guitart J. The spectrum of histopathologic and immunohistochemical findings in folliculotropic mycosis fungoides. Am J Surg Pathol. 2007;31:1430-8 pubmed..Recognition of these myriad of histologic presentations can be of great diagnostic utility. ..
- Testa G, Vidanovic V, Chejfec G, Gangemi A, Iqpal R, Porubsky M, et al. Adult living-donor liver transplantation with ABO-incompatible grafts. Transplantation. 2008;85:681-6 pubmed publisher..If these results will be confirmed in a greater number of patients, ABO-incompatible LDLT may be proposed when ABO-compatible donors are not available or when the ABO-incompatible donor is the better candidate. ..
- Boone S, Stapleton J, Turrisi R, Ortiz S, Robinson J, Mallett K. Thoroughness of skin examination by melanoma patients: influence of age, sex and partner. Australas J Dermatol. 2009;50:176-80 pubmed publisher..Male patients who were assisted by female partners performed more thorough partner-assisted skin examinations than female patients assisted by male partners. ..
- Schnitzer T, Kivitz A, Frayssinet H, Duquesroix B. Efficacy and safety of naproxcinod in the treatment of patients with osteoarthritis of the knee: a 13-week prospective, randomized, multicenter study. Osteoarthritis Cartilage. 2010;18:629-39 pubmed publisher..Naproxcinod was well-tolerated, with BP effects similar to placebo and different from naproxen. Clinical Trials.gov identifier: NCT00542555. ..
- Cianfrocca M, Lee S, Von Roenn J, Tulpule A, Dezube B, Aboulafia D, et al. Randomized trial of paclitaxel versus pegylated liposomal doxorubicin for advanced human immunodeficiency virus-associated Kaposi sarcoma: evidence of symptom palliation from chemotherapy. Cancer. 2010;116:3969-77 pubmed publisher..A randomized trial comparing the efficacy and toxicity of paclitaxel and PLD was performed, and the effects of therapy on symptom palliation and quality of life were determined...
- Koyner J, Vaidya V, Bennett M, Ma Q, Worcester E, Akhter S, et al. Urinary biomarkers in the clinical prognosis and early detection of acute kidney injury. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol. 2010;5:2154-65 pubmed publisher..86; P = 0.002). Urinary biomarkers may improve the ability to detect early AKI and determine the clinical prognosis of AKI at the time of diagnosis. ..
- Pederson A, Fricano J, Correa D, Pelizzari C, Liauw S. Late toxicity after intensity-modulated radiation therapy for localized prostate cancer: an exploration of dose-volume histogram parameters to limit genitourinary and gastrointestinal toxicity. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012;82:235-41 pubmed publisher..IMRT is associated with low rates of severe GU or GI toxicity after treatment for prostate cancer. Rectal dose constraints may help limit late GI morbidity. ..
- Levine L, Rybak J. Traction therapy for men with shortened penis prior to penile prosthesis implantation: a pilot study. J Sex Med. 2011;8:2112-7 pubmed publisher..Loss of penile length after penile prosthesis implantation is one of the most common complaints. There is no recognized reliable technique to gain length once the device is placed...
- Liu R, Liu X, Arguelles L, Patwari P, Zee P, Chervin R, et al. A population-based twin study on sleep duration and body composition. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2012;20:192-9 pubmed publisher..Sleep duration was largely influenced by environmental factors while adiposity measures were mainly influenced by genetic factors...
- Xiao S, Zhao L, Hart J, Semrad C. Gastric mucosal necrosis with vascular degeneration induced by doxycycline. Am J Surg Pathol. 2013;37:259-63 pubmed publisher..Recognition of the clinical, endoscopic, and pathologic features described here may facilitate prompt diagnosis and management of this condition. ..
- Sadleir K, Bennett D, Schneider J, Vassar R. Elevated A?42 in aged, non-demented individuals with cerebral atherosclerosis. Curr Alzheimer Res. 2013;10:785-9 pubmed
- Lukins D, Pilati S, Escott E. The Moving Carotid Artery: A Retrospective Review of the Retropharyngeal Carotid Artery and the Incidence of Positional Changes on Serial Studies. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2016;37:336-41 pubmed publisher..The phenomenon of migration of the carotid arteries to and from a retropharyngeal position with time is confirmed by our study. It is important for physicians to be aware of this phenomenon to avoid potential procedural complications. ..
- Hsieh N. Economic Security, Social Cohesion, and Depression Disparities in Post-transition Societies: A Comparison of Older Adults in China and Russia. J Health Soc Behav. 2015;56:534-51 pubmed publisher..The study advances the sociological understanding of global/comparative mental health by considering the effects of macrolevel political, economic, social, and cultural conditions. ..
- Zhao J, Zhu X, Shrubsole M, Ness R, Hibler E, Cai Q, et al. Interactions between calcium intake and polymorphisms in genes essential for calcium reabsorption and risk of colorectal neoplasia in a two-phase study. Mol Carcinog. 2017;56:2258-2266 pubmed publisher..These findings, if confirmed, may provide a new avenue for the personalized prevention of colorectal adenoma and cancer. ..
- Linsk N, Mason S. Stresses on grandparents and other relatives caring for children affected by HIV/AIDS. Health Soc Work. 2004;29:127-36 pubmed..HIV-affected caregivers require attention and intervention by social workers, child welfare workers, and case managers. ..
- Robinson J, Turrisi R, Stapleton J. Efficacy of a partner assistance intervention designed to increase skin self-examination performance. Arch Dermatol. 2007;143:37-41 pubmed..01), and higher perceived self-efficacy (P<.01). Dyadic learning may be more effective than solo learning in regard to interventions designed to teach and promote health behaviors, such as SSE. ..
- Wilson R, Beck T, Bienias J, Bennett D. Terminal cognitive decline: accelerated loss of cognition in the last years of life. Psychosom Med. 2007;69:131-7 pubmed..In old age, cognitive decline markedly accelerates during the last 3 to 4 years of life, consistent with the terminal decline hypothesis. ..
- Manson N, Phillips F. Minimally invasive techniques for the treatment of osteoporotic vertebral fractures. Instr Course Lect. 2007;56:273-85 pubmed..Recently, vertebral augmentation during spinal decompression and instrumented fusion for burst fracture with neurologic insult has been reported to be successful. ..
- Mirbagheri M, Alibiglou L, Thajchayapong M, Rymer W. Muscle and reflex changes with varying joint angle in hemiparetic stroke. J Neuroeng Rehabil. 2008;5:6 pubmed publisher..The present study addresses this deficit by characterizing the contribution of neural and muscular components to the abnormally high stiffness of the spastic joint...
- Abe H, Schmidt R, Kulkarni K, Sennett C, Mueller J, Newstead G. Axillary lymph nodes suspicious for breast cancer metastasis: sampling with US-guided 14-gauge core-needle biopsy--clinical experience in 100 patients. Radiology. 2009;250:41-9 pubmed publisher..Axillary lymph nodes with abnormal US findings can be sampled with high accuracy and without major complications by using a modified 14-gauge CNB technique. ..
- Mulcahy M, Lewandowski R, Ibrahim S, Sato K, Ryu R, Atassi B, et al. Radioembolization of colorectal hepatic metastases using yttrium-90 microspheres. Cancer. 2009;115:1849-58 pubmed publisher..Asymptomatic patients with preserved liver function at the time of Y90 appeared to benefit most from treatment. Cancer 2009. (c) 2009 American Cancer Society. ..
- Lobo L, Reed K, Wunderink R. Expanded clinical presentation of community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus pneumonia. Chest. 2010;138:130-6 pubmed publisher..The frequency of occurrence, risk factors, and optimal treatment of CA-MRSA CAP are unclear...
- Knoebel R, Lo M, Crank C. Evaluation of a low, weight-based dose of rasburicase in adult patients for the treatment or prophylaxis of tumor lysis syndrome. J Oncol Pharm Pract. 2011;17:147-54 pubmed publisher..Low dose rasburicase was efficacious and cost effective for both prophylaxis and treatment of TLS. Administration of a single dose of 0.05mg/kg of rasburicase was sufficient in correcting uric acid levels for most patients. ..
- Wang V, Wang F, McNickle A, Friel N, Yanke A, Chubinskaya S, et al. Medial versus lateral supraspinatus tendon properties: implications for double-row rotator cuff repair. Am J Sports Med. 2010;38:2456-63 pubmed publisher..Although numerous laboratory studies have compared single-row with double-row fixation properties, little is known regarding regional (ie, medial vs lateral) suture retention properties in intact and torn tendons...
- Russo M, Jeevanandam V, Stepney J, Merlo A, Johnson E, Malyala R, et al. Intra-aortic balloon pump inserted through the subclavian artery: A minimally invasive approach to mechanical support in the ambulatory end-stage heart failure patient. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2012;144:951-5 pubmed publisher..The present study describes the outcomes with closed-chest, transthoracic intra-aortic balloon pumps by way of the subclavian artery...
- Jensen S, Beaumont J, Jacobsen P, Abernethy A, Syrjala K, Cella D. Measuring priority symptoms in advanced bladder cancer: development and initial validation of a brief symptom index. J Support Oncol. 2013;11:86-93 pubmed..The NFBISI-18 should have greater acceptability to regulatory authorities than previously developed questionnaires. ..
- Irizarry L, Li Q, Duncan I, Thurston A, Fitzner K, Edwards B, et al. Effects of cancer comorbidity on disease management: making the case for diabetes education (a report from the SOAR program). Popul Health Manag. 2013;16:53-7 pubmed publisher..When diabetes coexists with cancer, management of diabetes often lags, making diabetes education an imperative. ..
- Kraus V, Feng S, Wang S, White S, Ainslie M, Graverand M, et al. Subchondral bone trabecular integrity predicts and changes concurrently with radiographic and magnetic resonance imaging-determined knee osteoarthritis progression. Arthritis Rheum. 2013;65:1812-1821 pubmed publisher..BTI predicts structural OA progression as determined by radiographic and MRI outcomes. BTI may therefore be worthy of study as an outcome measure for OA studies and clinical trials. ..
- McGorisk T, Krishnan K, Keefer L, Komanduri S. Radiofrequency ablation for refractory gastric antral vascular ectasia (with video). Gastrointest Endosc. 2013;78:584-8 pubmed publisher..Single-center, single-operator, and nonrandomized design. RFA is safe and effective for treating patients with refractory GAVE after attempted APC. ..
- Amidei C, Sole M. Physiological responses to passive exercise in adults receiving mechanical ventilation. Am J Crit Care. 2013;22:337-48 pubmed publisher..05) at the end of exercise and again after 60 minutes' rest. The exercise was well tolerated, and comfort improved during and after the intervention. Cytokine levels provided physiological rationale for benefits of early exercise. ..
- Jacobs C, Kuchuk I, Bouganim N, Smith S, Mazzarello S, Vandermeer L, et al. A randomized, double-blind, phase II, exploratory trial evaluating the palliative benefit of either continuing pamidronate or switching to zoledronic acid in patients with high-risk bone metastases from breast cancer. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2016;155:77-84 pubmed publisher..Given the lack of palliative improvement, the current data do not support a switching strategy. ..
- Judge C, Kostadinova L, Sherman K, Butt A, Falck Ytter Y, Funderburg N, et al. CD56bright NK IL-7Rα expression negatively associates with HCV level, and IL-7-induced NK function is impaired during HCV and HIV infections. J Leukoc Biol. 2017;102:171-184 pubmed publisher..These results implicate that IL-7-dependent NK cell activation and effector function may be other host immune surveillance mechanisms that are impaired in viral infections. ..
- Maio M, Scherpereel A, Calabro L, Aerts J, Cedres Perez S, Bearz A, et al. Tremelimumab as second-line or third-line treatment in relapsed malignant mesothelioma (DETERMINE): a multicentre, international, randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled phase 2b trial. Lancet Oncol. 2017;18:1261-1273 pubmed publisher..Investigations into whether immunotherapy combination regimens can provide greater efficacy than monotherapies in malignant mesothelioma are ongoing. AstraZeneca. ..
- Wilson R, Mendes de Leon C, Bienias J, Evans D, Bennett D. Personality and mortality in old age. J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci. 2004;59:P110-6 pubmed..Findings for extraversion were mixed, and neither agreeableness nor openness was strongly related to mortality. The results suggest that personality is associated with mortality in old age. ..
- Lal A, Bourtsos E, Nayar R, DeFrias D. Cytologic features of granulosa cell tumors in fluids and fine needle aspiration specimens. Acta Cytol. 2004;48:315-20 pubmed..Aggressive tumors are discohesive and show pleomorphism and nuclear protrusions. Inhibin stain may be helpful in identifying granulosa cell tumors in cell block specimens. ..
- Arozullah A, Calhoun E, Wolf M, Finley D, Fitzner K, Heckinger E, et al. The financial burden of cancer: estimates from a study of insured women with breast cancer. J Support Oncol. 2004;2:271-8 pubmed..Affordable programs that provide reimbursement for medical and nonmedical costs incurred following a diagnosis of breast cancer should be developed, especially for lower income women. ..
- Trifilio S, Gordon L, Singhal S, Tallman M, Evens A, Rashid K, et al. Reduced-dose rasburicase (recombinant xanthine oxidase) in adult cancer patients with hyperuricemia. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2006;37:997-1001 pubmed..No significant renal dysfunction developed in any of the patients. We conclude that rasburicase is effective in lowering uric acid levels at a fixed dose of 3 mg, which is much lower than the recommended dose. ..
- Beyer T, Solorzano C, Prinz R, Babu A, Nilubol N, Patel S. Oral vitamin D supplementation reduces the incidence of eucalcemic PTH elevation after surgery for primary hyperparathyroidism. Surgery. 2007;141:777-83 pubmed..04) and at 7 to 12 months (22% vs 83%; P = .04). Vitamin D supplementation following parathyroidectomy for primary hyperparathyroidism reduces the incidence of postoperative eucalcemic PTH elevation. ..
- Kahrilas P, Dent J, Lauritsen K, Malfertheiner P, Denison H, Franzen S, et al. A randomized, comparative study of three doses of AZD0865 and esomeprazole for healing of reflux esophagitis. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2007;5:1385-91 pubmed..These findings suggest that increasing the degree of acid inhibition beyond that already achieved by esomeprazole 40 mg (or AZD0865 25 mg) does not translate into increased clinical efficacy in esophagitis patients. ..
- Dale W, Basu A, Elstein A, Meltzer D. Predicting utility ratings for joint health States from single health States in prostate cancer: empirical testing of 3 alternative theories. Med Decis Making. 2008;28:102-12 pubmed..When possible, joint-state utilities should be elicited. If not possible, the minimum model is recommended. Research to identify better models is needed. ..
- Sarafidis P, Bogojevic Z, Basta E, Kirstner E, Bakris G. Comparative efficacy of two different beta-blockers on 24-hour blood pressure control. J Clin Hypertens (Greenwich). 2008;10:112-8 pubmed..It is possible that differences in outcome between atenolol-based and other therapies may be the result of inadequate dosing of atenolol, a medication that may not be effective for the entire 24-hour period. ..
- Artz A, Wickrema A, Dinner S, Godley L, Kocherginsky M, Odenike O, et al. Pretreatment C-reactive protein is a predictor for outcomes after reduced-intensity allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation. Biol Blood Marrow Transplant. 2008;14:1209-16 pubmed publisher..These data require confirmation in non-T cell-depleted conditioning regimens. If validated, they suggest that preconditioning CRP holds promise for enhancing estimates of transplantation tolerance. ..
- Tasosa J, Schuster R, McAlearney J. Cost-effectiveness of treating hypertension, hyperglycemia, and hyperlipidemia in African Americans and the general population with type 2 diabetes. J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2010;21:161-76 pubmed publisher..The study highlights the economic and health benefits of providing comprehensive diabetes care to all groups, especially African Americans. ..
- Kapella M, Larson J, Covey M, Alex C. Functional performance in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease declines with time. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2011;43:218-24 pubmed publisher..subjects experienced a slow decline in functional performance, associated with declines in functional capacity and increases in body fat. Symptoms were relatively stable and not associated with declines in functional performance. ..
- Victorson D, Beaumont J, Rosenbloom S, Shevrin D, Cella D. Efficient assessment of the most important symptoms in advanced prostate cancer: the NCCN/FACT-P Symptom Index. Psychooncology. 2011;20:977-83 pubmed publisher..Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ..
- Amin Hanjani S, Alaraj A, Calderon Arnulphi M, Aletich V, Thulborn K, Charbel F. Detection of intracranial in-stent restenosis using quantitative magnetic resonance angiography. Stroke. 2010;41:2534-8 pubmed publisher..We examined the value of serial vessel flow measurements using quantitative magnetic resonance angiography (QMRA) in detection of ISR...
- Anastasakis A, Genead M, McAnany J, Fishman G. Evaluation of retinal nerve fiber layer thickness in patients with retinitis pigmentosa using spectral-domain optical coherence tomography. Retina. 2012;32:358-63 pubmed publisher..Assessment of the RNFL thickness seems prudent in these patients, particularly for identifying notable degrees of RNFL thinning in those being considered for future therapeutic trials. ..
- Villano J, Koshy M, Shaikh H, Dolecek T, McCarthy B. Age, gender, and racial differences in incidence and survival in primary CNS lymphoma. Br J Cancer. 2011;105:1414-8 pubmed publisher..The objective of this study was to analyse the epidemiology, incidence, and outcome of these rare tumours...
- Dikopf M, Chow C, Mieler W, Tu E. Cataract extraction outcomes and the prevalence of zonular insufficiency in retinitis pigmentosa. Am J Ophthalmol. 2013;156:82-88.e2 pubmed publisher..To examine surgical outcomes in patients with retinitis pigmentosa (RP) undergoing phacoemulsification cataract extraction...
- Rozenfeld M, Ansari S, Mohan P, Shaibani A, Russell E, Hurley M. Autosomal Dominant Polycystic Kidney Disease and Intracranial Aneurysms: Is There an Increased Risk of Treatment?. AJNR Am J Neuroradiol. 2016;37:290-3 pubmed publisher..Despite the additional catheterization-related risks of dissection and embolization, coiling results in shorter hospital stays and similar mortality compared with clipping. ..
- King M, Costa D, Aaronson N, Brazier J, Cella D, Fayers P, et al. QLU-C10D: a health state classification system for a multi-attribute utility measure based on the EORTC QLQ-C30. Qual Life Res. 2016;25:625-36 pubmed publisher..The next phase of the QLU-C10D's development involves valuation studies, currently planned or being conducted across the globe. ..
- Patel N, Wells Q, Huang S, Upender R, Darbar D, Monahan K. Relation of Obstructive Sleep Apnea and a Common Variant at Chromosome 4q25 to Atrial Fibrillation. Am J Cardiol. 2017;119:1387-1391 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, OSA severity and the chromosome 4q25 SNP genotype were associated with AF status independent of clinical risk factors. Knowledge of AF-related SNPs may enhance AF risk stratification for those undergoing polysomnography. ..
- Qi W, Keenan H, Li Q, Ishikado A, Kannt A, Sadowski T, et al. Pyruvate kinase M2 activation may protect against the progression of diabetic glomerular pathology and mitochondrial dysfunction. Nat Med. 2017;23:753-762 pubmed publisher..Thus, PKM2 activation may protect against DN by increasing glucose metabolic flux, inhibiting the production of toxic glucose metabolites and inducing mitochondrial biogenesis to restore mitochondrial function. ..
- Sherman S, Tran H. Pneumobilia: benign or life-threatening. J Emerg Med. 2006;30:147-53 pubmed..Three cases of pneumobilia associated with its most common causes are presented and further differential diagnostic possibilities as well as the implications of this finding on patient management are discussed...
- ..A better understanding of the influence of these factors on repair may lead to therapeutics that improve wound healing and resolve impaired wounds. ..
- Poon C, Robichaud J, Corcos D, Goldman J, Vaillancourt D. Combined measures of movement and force variability distinguish Parkinson's disease from essential tremor. Clin Neurophysiol. 2011;122:2268-75 pubmed publisher..If validated in a larger sample, these measures can serve as markers to confirm the diagnosis of PD or ET and thus, enhance decision making for appropriate treatments for patients with these respective diseases. ..
- Schachter M, Brieva J, Jones J, Zillikens D, Skrobek C, Chan L. Pemphigoid nodularis associated with autoantibodies to the NC16A domain of BP180 and a hyperproliferative integrin profile. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2001;45:747-54 pubmed
- Carmin C, Wiegartz P, Yunus U, Gillock K. Treatment of late-onset OCD following basal ganglia infarct. Depress Anxiety. 2002;15:87-90 pubmed..1989] total scores decreasing by over 20 points. These gains were maintained up to 1 year post-treatment. Age-specific issues and the application of standard therapeutic methods to elderly clients are discussed. ..
- Kalapurakal J, Huang C, Neriamparampil M, Small W, Pins M, Mittal B, et al. Biochemical disease-free survival following adjuvant and salvage irradiation after radical prostatectomy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2002;54:1047-54 pubmed..Additional clinical studies are required to determine the optimal treatment of patients at high risk of biochemical failure after postprostatectomy RT. ..
- Bienias J, Beckett L, Bennett D, Wilson R, Evans D. Design of the Chicago Health and Aging Project (CHAP). J Alzheimers Dis. 2003;5:349-55 pubmed..The results from these waves must be combined for effective analysis of the relation among risk factors and incident disease. ..
- Grudzien A, Shaw P, Weintraub S, Bigio E, Mash D, Mesulam M. Locus coeruleus neurofibrillary degeneration in aging, mild cognitive impairment and early Alzheimer's disease. Neurobiol Aging. 2007;28:327-35 pubmed..These results indicate that cytopathology in the LC is an early event in the age-MCI-AD continuum and that it may be listed among the numerous factors that mediate the emergence of the cognitive changes leading to dementia. ..