Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on 3t3 cells in Chicago, Illinois, United States
Locale: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Topic: 3t3 cells
- Vaiskunaite R, Kozasa T, Voyno Yasenetskaya T. Interaction between the G alpha subunit of heterotrimeric G(12) protein and Hsp90 is required for G alpha(12) signaling. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:46088-93 pubmed..Thus, our results identify a novel signaling module of G alpha(12) and Hsp90. ..
- Ren H, Musch M, Kojima K, Boone D, Ma A, Chang E. Short-chain fatty acids induce intestinal epithelial heat shock protein 25 expression in rats and IEC 18 cells. Gastroenterology. 2001;121:631-9 pubmed..SCFAs, the predominant anions of colonic fluid derived from bacterial flora metabolism of luminal carbohydrates, protect IECs against oxidant injury, an effect mediated in part by cell-specific hsp25 induction. ..
- Andersson U, Scarpulla R. Pgc-1-related coactivator, a novel, serum-inducible coactivator of nuclear respiratory factor 1-dependent transcription in mammalian cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:3738-49 pubmed..We conclude that PRC is a functional relative of PGC-1 that operates through NRF-1 and possibly other activators in response to proliferative signals. ..
- Latinkic B, Lau L. Transcriptional activation of the immediate early gene pip92 by serum growth factors requires both Ets and CArG-like elements. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:23163-70 pubmed..We propose that different mechanisms can lead to the formation of such ternary complexes. ..
- Charles C, Yoon J, Simske J, Lau L. Genomic structure, cDNA sequence, and expression of gly96, a growth factor-inducible immediate-early gene encoding a short-lived glycosylated protein. Oncogene. 1993;8:797-801 pubmed..We have identified the Gly96 protein in Balb/c 3T3 cells using affinity-purified antibodies recognizing the Gly96 polypeptide. We show that Gly96 is glycosylated and has a short half-life in serum stimulated fibroblasts. ..
- Chakraborty S, Sinha K, Senyuk V, Nucifora G. SUV39H1 interacts with AML1 and abrogates AML1 transactivity. AML1 is methylated in vivo. Oncogene. 2003;22:5229-37 pubmed..Our data suggest that other enzymes are also involved in gene regulation by AML1 activity by modulating the affinity of AML1 for DNA. ..
- Kamath R, Leary D, Huang S. Nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of polypyrimidine tract-binding protein is uncoupled from RNA export. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:3808-20 pubmed..The uncoupling of PTB shuttling and RNA export suggests that the nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of PTB may also play a regulatory role for its functions in the nucleus and cytoplasm. ..
- Chen M, She H, Kim A, Woodley D, Li W. Nckbeta adapter regulates actin polymerization in NIH 3T3 fibroblasts in response to platelet-derived growth factor bb. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:7867-80 pubmed..This is the first report of Nckbeta's role in receptor tyrosine kinase signaling to the actin cytoskeleton. ..
- Laricchia Robbio L, Premanand K, Rinaldi C, Nucifora G. EVI1 Impairs myelopoiesis by deregulation of PU.1 function. Cancer Res. 2009;69:1633-42 pubmed publisher..After mapping the PU.1-EVI1 interaction sites, we show that an EVI1 point mutant, unable to bind PU.1, restores the activation of PU.1-regulated genes and allows a normal differentiation of BM progenitors in vitro. ..
- Kireeva M, Latinkic B, Kolesnikova T, Chen C, Yang G, Abler A, et al. Cyr61 and Fisp12 are both ECM-associated signaling molecules: activities, metabolism, and localization during development. Exp Cell Res. 1997;233:63-77 pubmed
- Luan X, Ito Y, Zhang Y, Diekwisch T. Characterization of the mouse CP27 promoter and NF-Y mediated gene regulation. Gene. 2010;460:8-19 pubmed publisher..These results provide a basis for our understanding of the specific regulation of the cp27 gene in the NF-Y-mediated gene transcription network. ..
- Patel Y, Kim H, Rappolee D. A role for hepatocyte growth factor during early postimplantation growth of the placental lineage in mice. Biol Reprod. 2000;62:904-12 pubmed..These data suggest that HGF stimulates the cell division, but not the differentiation, of trophoblast cells during implantation. ..
- Zhang L, Wang C. PAX3-FKHR transformation increases 26 S proteasome-dependent degradation of p27Kip1, a potential role for elevated Skp2 expression. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:27-36 pubmed
- Pilkinton M, Sandoval R, Colamonici O. Mammalian Mip/LIN-9 interacts with either the p107, p130/E2F4 repressor complex or B-Myb in a cell cycle-phase-dependent context distinct from the Drosophila dREAM complex. Oncogene. 2007;26:7535-43 pubmed
- Atsawasuwan P, Lu X, Ito Y, Chen Y, Gopinathan G, Evans C, et al. Expression and function of enamel-related gene products in calvarial development. J Dent Res. 2013;92:622-8 pubmed publisher..We propose that, in parallel to their role in the developing enamel matrix, ERPs have retained an evolutionary conserved function related to the biomineralization of bones. ..
- Zhang Y, Song Y, Ravindran S, Gao Q, Huang C, Ramachandran A, et al. DSPP contains an IRES element responsible for the translation of dentin phosphophoryn. J Dent Res. 2014;93:155-61 pubmed publisher..Using tissue recombination and lentivirus-mediated gain-of-function approaches, we also demonstrate that DPP is essential for the formation of well-defined tooth structures with mineralized dentin matrix. ..
- Markosyan R, Bates P, Cohen F, Melikyan G. A study of low pH-induced refolding of Env of avian sarcoma and leukosis virus into a six-helix bundle. Biophys J. 2004;87:3291-8 pubmed..This suggests that the six-helix bundle can form before hemifusion and that subsequent conformational changes, such as formation of the trimeric hairpin, are responsible for pore formation and/or growth...
- Sandoval R, Pilkinton M, Colamonici O. Deletion of the p107/p130-binding domain of Mip130/LIN-9 bypasses the requirement for CDK4 activity for the dissociation of Mip130/LIN-9 from p107/p130-E2F4 complex. Exp Cell Res. 2009;315:2914-20 pubmed publisher..Importantly, the Mip130/LIN-9(Delta84) allele rescues the low expression of G1/S genes observed in CDK4(-/-) MEFs demonstrating that Mip130/LIN-9 contributes to the repression of these E2F-regulated genes in G0/G1. ..
- El Muayed M, Raja M, Zhang X, MacRenaris K, Bhatt S, Chen X, et al. Accumulation of cadmium in insulin-producing ? cells. Islets. 2012;4:405-16 pubmed publisher..This uptake leads to a functional impairment of ?-cell function without significant alterations in cell viability, expression of genes important for ?-cell function or increase in oxidative stress...
- Herbert G, Shi B, Gartenhaus R. Expression and stabilization of the MCT-1 protein by DNA damaging agents. Oncogene. 2001;20:6777-83 pubmed..We demonstrate that increases in MCT-1 protein in irradiated human lymphoid cells do not occur at the mRNA level and do not require new protein synthesis. ..
- Vaiskunaite R, Adarichev V, Furthmayr H, Kozasa T, Gudkov A, Voyno Yasenetskaya T. Conformational activation of radixin by G13 protein alpha subunit. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:26206-12 pubmed..Our results identifying a new signaling pathway for Galpha(13) indicate that ERM proteins can be activated by and serve as effectors of heterotrimeric G proteins. ..
- Rao S, Garrett Sinha L, Yoon J, Simon M. The Ets factors PU.1 and Spi-B regulate the transcription in vivo of P2Y10, a lymphoid restricted heptahelical receptor. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:34245-52 pubmed..1 and Spi-B and provides a unique model to explore transcriptional regulation by this Ets factor subfamily. Furthermore, P2Y10 suggests an intriguing connection between heterotrimeric G-proteins and BCR signaling. ..
- Morrisey E, Ip H, Tang Z, Parmacek M. GATA-4 activates transcription via two novel domains that are conserved within the GATA-4/5/6 subfamily. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:8515-24 pubmed..As such these data provide novel insights into the molecular mechanisms that control development of the heart. ..
- Dell E, Connor J, Chen S, Stebbins E, Skiba N, Mochly Rosen D, et al. The betagamma subunit of heterotrimeric G proteins interacts with RACK1 and two other WD repeat proteins. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:49888-95 pubmed
- Liu N, Wang Y, Ashton Rickardt P. Serine protease inhibitor 2A inhibits caspase-independent cell death. FEBS Lett. 2004;569:49-53 pubmed..We conclude that inhibition of lysosomal executioner proteases by Spi2A is a physiological mechanism by which cells are protected from caspase-independent programmed cell death. ..
- Pestic Dragovich L, Stojiljkovic L, Philimonenko A, Nowak G, Ke Y, Settlage R, et al. A myosin I isoform in the nucleus. Science. 2000;290:337-41 pubmed..The antibody coimmunoprecipitated RNA polymerase II and blocked in vitro RNA synthesis. This isoform of myosin I beta appears to be in a complex with RNA polymerase II and may affect transcription. ..
- Zeremski M, Hill J, Kwek S, Grigorian I, Gurova K, Garkavtsev I, et al. Structure and regulation of the mouse ing1 gene. Three alternative transcripts encode two phd finger proteins that have opposite effects on p53 function. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:32172-81 pubmed..These results indicate that a single gene, ing1, encodes both p53-suppressing and p53-activating proteins that are regulated by alternative promoters. ..
- Shukla D, Rowe C, Dong Y, Racaniello V, Spear P. The murine homolog (Mph) of human herpesvirus entry protein B (HveB) mediates entry of pseudorabies virus but not herpes simplex virus types 1 and 2. J Virol. 1999;73:4493-7 pubmed..By analogy with HSV-1, envelope-associated PRV gD probably also interacts directly with mHveB during viral entry. ..
- Charles C, Abler A, Lau L. cDNA sequence of a growth factor-inducible immediate early gene and characterization of its encoded protein. Oncogene. 1992;7:187-90 pubmed..Using affinity-purified antibodies, we have identified the 3CH134 protein in serum-stimulated Balb/c 3T3 cells and determined that it has a short half-life. ..
- DeKoter R, Lee H, Singh H. PU.1 regulates expression of the interleukin-7 receptor in lymphoid progenitors. Immunity. 2002;16:297-309 pubmed..1 in early B cell development, it is not required. These results demonstrate that PU.1 functions to regulate early B cell development in part by controlling the expression of the IL-7Ralpha gene. ..
- Lang D, Mascarenhas J, Powell S, Halegoua J, Nelson M, Ruggeri B. PAX6 is expressed in pancreatic adenocarcinoma and is downregulated during induction of terminal differentiation. Mol Carcinog. 2008;47:148-56 pubmed..This phenotype can be replicated by directly inhibiting PAX6 expression. These data support a model where PAX proteins are aberrantly expressed in tumors and downregulation leads to differentiation. ..
- Green R, Hoda F, Ward K. Molecular cloning and characterization of the murine bile salt export pump. Gene. 2000;241:117-23 pubmed..Hepatic mBsep levels appear highly regulated, being markedly diminished in both LPS and estrogen models of cholestasis. These data are important for further murine studies of hepatocellular transport physiology and metabolism...
- Masana M, Brown R, Pu H, Gurney M, Dubocovich M. Cloning and characterization of a new member of the G-protein coupled receptor EDG family. Receptors Channels. 1995;3:255-62 pubmed..Edg-1 and edg-2 appear to be distinct genes that may encode protein products that bind the same or related ligand. ..
- Kang R, FOLSCH H. ARH cooperates with AP-1B in the exocytosis of LDLR in polarized epithelial cells. J Cell Biol. 2011;193:51-60 pubmed publisher..We conclude that in addition to its role in endocytosis, ARH cooperates with AP-1B in basolateral exocytosis of LDLR from REs. ..