Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on mice in Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Locale: Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Publications208 found, 100 shown here
- Roe K, Kumar M, Lum S, Orillo B, Nerurkar V, Verma S. West Nile virus-induced disruption of the blood-brain barrier in mice is characterized by the degradation of the junctional complex proteins and increase in multiple matrix metalloproteinases. J Gen Virol. 2012;93:1193-203 pubmed publisher..These data further implicate roles of multiple MMPs in the BBB disruption and strategies to interrupt this process may influence the WNV disease outcome. ..
- Kurokawa S, Bellinger F, Hill K, Burk R, Berry M. Isoform-specific binding of selenoprotein P to the ?-propeller domain of apolipoprotein E receptor 2 mediates selenium supply. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:9195-207 pubmed publisher..Thus, longer isoforms of Sepp1 with high selenium content interact with a binding site distinct from the ligand-binding domain of apoER2 for selenium delivery. ..
- Empey Campora C, Dierking J, Tamaru C, HOKAMA Y, Vincent D. Detection of ciguatoxin in fish tissue using sandwich ELISA and neuroblastoma cell bioassay. J Clin Lab Anal. 2008;22:246-53 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the ELISA produces reliable and accurate results that are consistent with those provided by the accepted NB assay and that the ELISA has potential for future applications in screening fish populations for CTX...
- James N, Digman M, Gratton E, Barylko B, Ding X, Albanesi J, et al. Number and brightness analysis of LRRK2 oligomerization in live cells. Biophys J. 2012;102:L41-3 pubmed publisher..Our results show, for the first time to our knowledge, that LRRK2 is predominantly monomeric throughout the cytosol of living cells, but attains predominately higher oligomeric states in the plasma membrane. ..
- Ward W. Isolation of sperm nuclei and nuclear matrices from the mouse, and other rodents. Methods Mol Biol. 2013;927:437-44 pubmed..Two methods are described for the isolation of rodent sperm nuclei using sucrose step gradients in which the sperm nuclei are only centrifuged one time, minimizing potential damage by mechanical stress...
- Tsai W, Lai C, Wu Y, Lin H, Edwards C, Jumnainsong A, et al. High-avidity and potently neutralizing cross-reactive human monoclonal antibodies derived from secondary dengue virus infection. J Virol. 2013;87:12562-75 pubmed publisher..The observation that the dengue immune status of the host affects the quality of the cross-reactive Abs generated has implications for new strategies for DENV vaccination. ..
- Chu J, Haynes R, Corbel S, Li P, Gonzalez Gonzalez E, Burg J, et al. Non-invasive intravital imaging of cellular differentiation with a bright red-excitable fluorescent protein. Nat Methods. 2014;11:572-8 pubmed publisher..We show that mCardinal can be used to non-invasively and longitudinally visualize the differentiation of myoblasts into myocytes in living mice with high anatomical detail. ..
- Nakao Y, Yoshida W, Takada Y, Kimura J, Yang L, Mooberry S, et al. Kulokekahilide-2, a cytotoxic depsipeptide from a cephalaspidean mollusk Philinopsis speciosa. J Nat Prod. 2004;67:1332-40 pubmed..Kulokekahilide-2 showed potent cytotoxicity against several cell lines (P388, SK-OV-3, MDA-MB-435, and A-10 with IC50 values ranging from 4.2 to 59.1 nM) indicating cancer cell selectivity. ..
- Hoffmann P, Gurary A, Hoffmann F, Jourdan Le Saux C, Teeters K, Hashimoto A, et al. A new approach for analyzing cellular infiltration during allergic airway inflammation. J Immunol Methods. 2007;328:21-33 pubmed
- Zeyda T, Hochgeschwender U. Null mutant mouse models of somatostatin and cortistatin, and their receptors. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2008;286:18-25 pubmed publisher..We will review here the mouse models generated, the studies undertaken with them, and what has been learned so far. ..
- Li Z, Kawasumi M, Zhao B, Moisyadi S, Yang J. Transgenic over-expression of growth differentiation factor 11 propeptide in skeleton results in transformation of the seventh cervical vertebra into a thoracic vertebra. Mol Reprod Dev. 2010;77:990-7 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated significant effects of GDF11 propeptide transgene on vertebral formation, which are likely occurring through depressing GDF11 function and altered locations of Hoxa-4 and Hoxa-5 expression. ..
- Pearson B, Bettis J, Meyza K, Yamamoto L, Blanchard D, Blanchard R. Absence of social conditioned place preference in BTBR T+tf/J mice: relevance for social motivation testing in rodent models of autism. Behav Brain Res. 2012;233:99-104 pubmed publisher..Additionally, social conditioning testing might provide an important social motivation measure in other rodent models of neuropsychiatric disorders characterized by social abnormalities. ..
- Douet V, Arikawa Hirasawa E, Mercier F. Fractone-heparan sulfates mediate BMP-7 inhibition of cell proliferation in the adult subventricular zone. Neurosci Lett. 2012;528:120-5 pubmed publisher..Heparan sulfates concentrated in fractones and SVZ blood vessels emerge as a functional stem cell niche component involved in growth factor activity. ..
- Ortega E, Ruthig V, Ward M. Sry-Independent Overexpression of Sox9 Supports Spermatogenesis and Fertility in the Mouse. Biol Reprod. 2015;93:141 pubmed publisher..Although transgenic Sox9 overexpression in the absence of Sry results in certain testicular abnormalities, it does not translate into fertility impairment. ..
- Dai J, Parrish S, Yoshida W, Yip M, Turkson J, Kelly M, et al. Bromotyrosine-derived metabolites from an Indonesian marine sponge in the family Aplysinellidae (Order Verongiida). Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2016;26:499-504 pubmed publisher..The structures of the new compounds were determined by extensive NMR experiments and mass spectrometric measurements. These compounds were screened against BACE1 and five cancer cell lines. ..
- Lozanoff S, Johnston J, Ma W, Jourdan Le Saux C. Immunohistochemical localization of Pax2 and associated proteins in the developing kidney of mice with renal hypoplasia. J Histochem Cytochem. 2001;49:1081-97 pubmed..J Histochem Cytochem 49:1081-1097, 2001) ..
- Pobbe R, Pearson B, Defensor E, Bolivar V, Blanchard D, Blanchard R. Expression of social behaviors of C57BL/6J versus BTBR inbred mouse strains in the visible burrow system. Behav Brain Res. 2010;214:443-9 pubmed publisher..Overall, the present data indicates that the strain profile for BTBR mice, including consistent social deficits and high levels of repetitive self-grooming, models multiple components of the ASD phenotype...
- Su V, Nakagawa R, Koval M, Lau A. Ubiquitin-independent proteasomal degradation of endoplasmic reticulum-localized connexin43 mediated by CIP75. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:40979-90 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that although CIP75 can interact with ubiquitinated cellular proteins, its interaction with Cx43 and stimulation of Cx43 proteasomal degradation does not require the ubiquitination of Cx43. ..
- Pearson B, Pobbe R, Defensor E, Oasay L, Bolivar V, Blanchard D, et al. Motor and cognitive stereotypies in the BTBR T+tf/J mouse model of autism. Genes Brain Behav. 2011;10:228-35 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, other pre-clinical mouse models of ASDs may benefit from these more detailed analyses of stereotypic behavior. ..
- Gawecka J, Marh J, Ortega M, Yamauchi Y, Ward M, Ward W. Mouse zygotes respond to severe sperm DNA damage by delaying paternal DNA replication and embryonic development. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e56385 pubmed publisher..Our data demonstrate that the zygote responds to sperm DNA damage through a non-apoptotic mechanism that acts by slowing paternal DNA replication and ultimately leads to arrest in embryonic development. ..
- Laeno A, Tamashiro D, Alarcon V. Rho-associated kinase activity is required for proper morphogenesis of the inner cell mass in the mouse blastocyst. Biol Reprod. 2013;89:122 pubmed publisher..Our studies have wider implication for improving efficiencies of human assisted reproductive technologies that diminish pregnancy loss and promote successful births. ..
- Beck K, Dang K, Boyd C. The tissue distribution of murine Abcc6 (Mrp6) during embryogenesis indicates that the presence of Abcc6 in elastic tissues is not required for elastic fiber assembly. J Mol Histol. 2005;36:167-70 pubmed..However, Abcc6 mRNA and protein were not detected in neonatal aorta and arteries, which produce large amounts of elastin indicating that the presence of Abcc6 in elastic tissues is not required for elastic fiber assembly...
- Kishikawa H, Wakayama T, Yanagimachi R. Comparison of oocyte-activating agents for mouse cloning. Cloning. 1999;1:153-9 pubmed
- Umylny B, Presting G, Efird J, Klimovitsky B, Ward W. Most human Alu and murine B1 repeats are unique. J Cell Biochem. 2007;102:110-21 pubmed..All single and multi-copy sequences have been mapped and documented. Access to the data is possible using the AluPlus website http://www.ibr.hawaii.edu. ..
- Boaz S, Dominguez K, Shaman J, Ward W. Mouse spermatozoa contain a nuclease that is activated by pretreatment with EGTA and subsequent calcium incubation. J Cell Biochem. 2008;103:1636-45 pubmed..These results suggest that this sperm nuclease is regulated by a mechanism that is sensitive to EGTA, possibly by removing inhibition of a calcium binding protein. ..
- Yang H, Rivera Z, Jube S, Nasu M, Bertino P, Goparaju C, et al. Programmed necrosis induced by asbestos in human mesothelial cells causes high-mobility group box 1 protein release and resultant inflammation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:12611-6 pubmed publisher..Chemopreventive approaches aimed at inhibiting the chronic inflammatory response, and especially blocking HMGB1, may decrease the risk of malignant mesothelioma among asbestos-exposed cohorts...
- Shen Y, Herde R, Doxey B, Xu C, Gray P, Kuwada S. Pharmacologic downregulation of c-FLIP(L) restores juxtacrine death receptor-mediated apoptosis in cancer cells in a peritoneal carcinomatosis model. Int J Cancer. 2012;130:1494-503 pubmed publisher..Pharmacological inhibitors of FLIP hold promise as a way to curtail cancer cell colonization of secondary tissues. ..
- Sulzmaier F, Valmiki M, Nelson D, Caliva M, Geerts D, Matter M, et al. PEA-15 potentiates H-Ras-mediated epithelial cell transformation through phospholipase D. Oncogene. 2012;31:3547-60 pubmed publisher..These data reveal that PEA-15 not only suppresses ERK signaling and tumorigenesis but also alternatively enhances tumorigenesis in the context of active Ras. ..
- Marh J, Stoytcheva Z, Urschitz J, Sugawara A, Yamashiro H, Owens J, et al. Hyperactive self-inactivating piggyBac for transposase-enhanced pronuclear microinjection transgenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:19184-9 pubmed publisher..This transposase-mediated approach is also very efficient for single-cell embryo cytoplasmic injections, offering an easy-to-implement transgenesis method to the scientific community. ..
- Huang Z, Rose A, Hoffmann F, Hashimoto A, Bertino P, Denk T, et al. Calpastatin prevents NF-?B-mediated hyperactivation of macrophages and attenuates colitis. J Immunol. 2013;191:3778-88 pubmed publisher..Thus, CAST plays a central role in regulating macrophage activation and limiting pathology during inflammatory disorders like IBD. ..
- Bennett K, Beeman S, Baldelomar E, Zhang M, Wu T, Hann B, et al. Use of Cationized Ferritin Nanoparticles to Measure Renal Glomerular Microstructure with MRI. Methods Mol Biol. 2016;1397:67-79 pubmed publisher..Here we describe the production, testing, and use of CF as an MRI contrast agent for quantitative glomerular morphology in intact mouse, rat, and human kidneys. ..
- Suganuma R, Yanagimachi R, Meistrich M. Decline in fertility of mouse sperm with abnormal chromatin during epididymal passage as revealed by ICSI. Hum Reprod. 2005;20:3101-8 pubmed..The advantage of using caput epididymal sperm for ICSI in certain situations may be considered as an approach to be tested in human assisted reproduction. ..
- Iwahashi K, Yoshioka H, Low E, McCarrey J, Yanagimachi R, Yamazaki Y. Autonomous regulation of sex-specific developmental programming in mouse fetal germ cells. Biol Reprod. 2007;77:697-706 pubmed..These results indicate that mechanisms controlling both epigenetic programming and replication state are autonomously regulated in fetal germ cells that have been exposed to the genital ridge prior to 13.5 dpc. ..
- Nerurkar P, Lee Y, Motosue M, Adeli K, Nerurkar V. Momordica charantia (bitter melon) reduces plasma apolipoprotein B-100 and increases hepatic insulin receptor substrate and phosphoinositide-3 kinase interactions. Br J Nutr. 2008;100:751-9 pubmed publisher..Investigating the biochemical and molecular mechanisms involved in amelioration of diabetic dyslipidaemia by BMJ may lead to identification of new molecular targets for dietary/alternative therapies. ..
- Walton C, Inos A, Andres O, Jube S, de Couet H, Douglas J, et al. Immunization with hybrid recombinant Mycobacterium tuberculosis H37Rv proteins increases the TH1 cytokine response in mice following a pulmonary instillation of irradiated mycobacteria. Vaccine. 2008;26:4396-402 pubmed publisher..This strategy of immunogen selection might be used to improve the current subunit vaccines against M. tuberculosis as well as other intra-cellular pathogens. ..
- Li Z, Zhao B, Kim Y, Hu C, Yang J. Administration of a mutated myostatin propeptide to neonatal mice significantly enhances skeletal muscle growth. Mol Reprod Dev. 2010;77:76-82 pubmed publisher..5-24.8% heavier than the control group (P < 0.05) as a result of muscle fiber hypertrophy. In conclusion, administration of the mutated myostatin propeptide during the neonatal period is an effective way for promoting muscle growth. ..
- Reeves M, Bellinger F, Berry M. The neuroprotective functions of selenoprotein M and its role in cytosolic calcium regulation. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2010;12:809-18 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that selenoprotein M may have an important role in protecting against oxidative damage in the brain and may potentially function in calcium regulation. ..
- Seale L, Hashimoto A, Kurokawa S, Gilman C, Seyedali A, Bellinger F, et al. Disruption of the selenocysteine lyase-mediated selenium recycling pathway leads to metabolic syndrome in mice. Mol Cell Biol. 2012;32:4141-54 pubmed..Our results suggest a dependence of glucose and lipid homeostasis on Scly activity. These findings connect Se and energy metabolism and demonstrate for the first time a unique physiological role of Scly in an animal model...
- Gu S, Kumar M, Sikorska B, Hejduk J, Markowski J, Markowski M, et al. Isolation and partial characterization of a highly divergent lineage of hantavirus from the European mole (Talpa europaea). Sci Rep. 2016;6:21119 pubmed publisher..Neuropathological examination showed astrocytic and microglial activation and neuronal loss. The first mole-borne hantavirus isolate will facilitate long-overdue studies on its infectivity and pathogenic potential in humans. ..
- Luke C, Oki Idouchi C, Cline J, Lorenzo P. RasGRP1 overexpression in the epidermis of transgenic mice contributes to tumor progression during multistage skin carcinogenesis. Cancer Res. 2007;67:10190-7 pubmed..The present data suggests that RasGRP1 participates in skin carcinogenesis via biochemical activation of endogenous wild-type Ras and predisposes to malignant progression in cooperation with Ras oncogenic signals. ..
- Kumar M, Nerurkar V. Integrated analysis of microRNAs and their disease related targets in the brain of mice infected with West Nile virus. Virology. 2014;452-453:143-51 pubmed publisher..Functional studies targeting specific miRNA are warranted to develop therapeutics for the management of WNV disease. ..
- Furusawa E, Furusawa S. Anticancer potential of Viva-Natural, a dietary seaweed extract, on Lewis lung carcinoma in comparison with chemical immunomodulators and on cyclosporine-accelerated AKR leukemia. Oncology. 1989;46:343-8 pubmed..Viva-Natural reversed the potentiation effect of ciclosporin on the development of leukemia in AKR mice at preleukemic stage...
- Asato A, Peng A, Hossain M, Mirzadegan T, Bertram J. Azulenic retinoids: novel nonbenzenoid aromatic retinoids with anticancer activity. J Med Chem. 1993;36:3137-47 pubmed..In general, azulenic retinobenzoic acid analogs structurally akin to TTNPB were more effective than flexible side chain analogs related to retinoic acid. ..
- Wakayama T, Yanagimachi R. Effect of cytokinesis inhibitors, DMSO and the timing of oocyte activation on mouse cloning using cumulus cell nuclei. Reproduction. 2001;122:49-60 pubmed..These results show that activated mouse oocytes/zygotes are not effective cytoplasmic recipients with the methods described and that the lack of success of cloning is not due to inhibition of cytokinesis...
- Molnar J, Fong K, He Q, Hayashi K, Kim Y, Fong S, et al. Structural and functional diversity of lysyl oxidase and the LOX-like proteins. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1647:220-4 pubmed..Comparative expression analysis of each LOX protein is presented to help determine their functional significance. ..
- Fogelgren B, Yang S, Sharp I, Huckstep O, Ma W, Somponpun S, et al. Deficiency in Six2 during prenatal development is associated with reduced nephron number, chronic renal failure, and hypertension in Br/+ adult mice. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2009;296:F1166-78 pubmed publisher..Defects are associated with embryological deficiencies of Six2, suggesting that proper levels of this protein during nephrogenesis are critical for normal glomerular development and adult renal function. ..
- Kim Y, Peyrol S, So C, Boyd C, Csiszar K. Coexpression of the lysyl oxidase-like gene (LOXL) and the gene encoding type III procollagen in induced liver fibrosis. J Cell Biochem. 1999;72:181-8 pubmed..Moreover, the substrate specificity of the LOXL protein may be different to that of lysyl oxidase and this difference may be collagen-type specific. ..
- Kumar M, Roe K, Nerurkar P, Namekar M, Orillo B, Verma S, et al. Impaired virus clearance, compromised immune response and increased mortality in type 2 diabetic mice infected with West Nile virus. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44682 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, this study provides unique mechanistic insight into the immunopathogenesis of WNVE observed in diabetics and can be used to develop therapeutics for the management of WNVE among diabetic patients. ..
- Mizuno K, Hoshi K, Huang T. Fertilization and embryo development in a mouse ICSI model using human and mouse sperm after immobilization in polyvinylpyrrolidone. Hum Reprod. 2002;17:2350-5 pubmed..NIM provided partial protection for up to 3 h. Immobilized human sperm maintained oocyte activating activity for 24 h. However, mouse sperm are susceptible to alterations that affect both fertilization and development. ..
- Karlsson J, Fong K, Hansson M, Elmér E, Csiszar K, Keep M. Life span extension and reduced neuronal death after weekly intraventricular cyclosporin injections in the G93A transgenic mouse model of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. J Neurosurg. 2004;101:128-37 pubmed..The remarkably low intrathecal CsA dose required for neuroprotection reduces potential adverse effects of systemic immunosuppression or nephrotoxicity seen with chronic systemic delivery of the drug. ..
- Stokes A, Wakano C, Del Carmen K, Koblan Huberson M, Turner H. Formation of a physiological complex between TRPV2 and RGA protein promotes cell surface expression of TRPV2. J Cell Biochem. 2005;94:669-83 pubmed..RGA participates in the control of TRPV2 surface levels, and co-expression of RGA may be a key component of experimental systems that seek to study TRPV2 physiology. ..
- Fogelgren B, Polgar N, Szauter K, Ujfaludi Z, Laczkó R, Fong K, et al. Cellular fibronectin binds to lysyl oxidase with high affinity and is critical for its proteolytic activation. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:24690-7 pubmed..Our results suggest that the FN matrix may provide specific microenvironments to regulate LOX catalytic activity. ..
- Li X, Su V, Kurata W, Jin C, Lau A. A novel connexin43-interacting protein, CIP75, which belongs to the UbL-UBA protein family, regulates the turnover of connexin43. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:5748-59 pubmed
- Brampton C, Yamaguchi Y, Vanakker O, Van Laer L, Chen L, Thakore M, et al. Vitamin K does not prevent soft tissue mineralization in a mouse model of pseudoxanthoma elasticum. Cell Cycle. 2011;10:1810-20 pubmed..Our findings showed that raising the dietary intake of vitamin K1 or MK4 was not beneficial in the treatment of PXE and suggested that the availability of vitamin K may not be a limiting factor in this pathology. ..
- Furusawa E, Furusawa S. Effect of pretazettine and viva-natural, a dietary seaweed extract, on spontaneous AKR leukemia in comparison with standard drugs. Oncology. 1988;45:180-6 pubmed..Also, PTZ has been found to reverse the leukemia-enhancing effect of ciclosporin in AKR mice at preleukemic stage...
- Asuncion L, Fogelgren B, Fong K, Fong S, Kim Y, Csiszar K. A novel human lysyl oxidase-like gene (LOXL4) on chromosome 10q24 has an altered scavenger receptor cysteine rich domain. Matrix Biol. 2001;20:487-91 pubmed..Fibroblasts, smooth muscle and osteosarcoma (HOS) cells express LOXL4. No expression was detected in HCT-116 and DLD-1 colon, MCF-7 breast and DU-145 prostate cancer cell lines. ..
- Ma C, Muranyi M, Chu C, Zhang J, Chu W. Involvement of DNA-PKcs in the IL-6 and IL-12 response to CpG-ODN is mediated by its interaction with TRAF6 in dendritic cells. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58072 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest that DNA-PKcs is a player in CpG-ODN signaling and may explain why DNA-PKcs is implicated in the pathogenic process of autoimmune disease. ..
- Marikawa Y, Fujita T, Alarcon V. An enhancer-trap LacZ transgene reveals a distinct expression pattern of Kinesin family 26B in mouse embryos. Dev Genes Evol. 2004;214:64-71 pubmed..5-kb mRNA was the major Kif26B transcript in the embryo, it was absent in many adult tissues. These results imply that KIF26B may play a role in embryogenesis, specifically in the development of limbs, face, and somites. ..
- Hayashi K, Cao T, Passmore H, Jourdan Le Saux C, Fogelgren B, Khan S, et al. Progressive hair loss and myocardial degeneration in rough coat mice: reduced lysyl oxidase-like (LOXL) in the skin and heart. J Invest Dermatol. 2004;123:864-71 pubmed..Based on these results, loxl appears non-allelic to rc. Heart- and skin-specific downregulation of LOXL in rc mice, however, may contribute to the extracellular matrix alterations and the rc phenotype. ..
- Blanchard R, Blanchard D. Bringing natural behaviors into the laboratory: a tribute to Paul MacLean. Physiol Behav. 2003;79:515-24 pubmed..Investigation of natural behaviors in adequate stimulus contexts does not represent an antiexperimental stance but one that supplements and enhances the generalizability of more conventional experimental laboratory approaches. ..
- Suganuma R, Walden C, Butters T, Platt F, Dwek R, Yanagimachi R, et al. Alkylated imino sugars, reversible male infertility-inducing agents, do not affect the genetic integrity of male mouse germ cells during short-term treatment despite induction of sperm deformities. Biol Reprod. 2005;72:805-13 pubmed..This indicates that during short-term administration, alkylated imino sugars alter sperm morphology and physiology but do not diminish the genetic potential of spermatozoa. ..
- Bertino P, Panigada M, Soprana E, Bianchi V, Bertilaccio S, Sanvito F, et al. Fowlpox-based survivin vaccination for malignant mesothelioma therapy. Int J Cancer. 2013;133:612-23 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that vaccination with recombinant Fowlpox expressing survivin improves T-cell responses against aggressive MM tumors and may form the basis for promising clinical applications. ..
- Wall P, Blanchard R, Yang M, Blanchard D. Infralimbic D2 receptor influences on anxiety-like behavior and active memory/attention in CD-1 mice. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry. 2003;27:395-410 pubmed
- Goldberg G, Kaczmarczyk W. A chicken genomic DNA fragment that hybridizes to the murine Hox-3.1 homeobox is likely to encode the NADH ubiquinone oxidoreductase subunit B15. Gene. 1993;133:233-5 pubmed..An alignment between the bovine NADH B15 protein and its putative avian homolog implies the presence of conserved domains, including a transmembrane helix, tyrosine sulfatation site, and a phosphorylation consensus site. ..
- Kimura J, Takada Y, Inayoshi T, Nakao Y, Goetz G, Yoshida W, et al. Kulokekahilide-1, a cytotoxic depsipeptide from the cephalaspidean mollusk Philinopsis speciosa. J Org Chem. 2002;67:1760-7 pubmed..Kulokekahilide-1 showed cytotoxicity against P388 murine leukemia cells with an IC(50) value of 2.1 microg/mL. ..
- Yanagimachi R. Fertilization and developmental initiation of oocytes by injection of spermatozoa and pre-spermatozoal cells. Ital J Anat Embryol. 2005;110:145-50 pubmed..However, only a few of the produced zygotes have developed into fertile offspring. There are many hurdles to clear before ROSI and spermatocyte injection becomes efficient and medically safe methods for assisted fertilization. ..
- Ajduk A, Yamauchi Y, Ward M. Sperm chromatin remodeling after intracytoplasmic sperm injection differs from that of in vitro fertilization. Biol Reprod. 2006;75:442-51 pubmed..Our data have significance for the refinement of the molecular and biologic mechanisms associated with ICSI for current and future applications...
- Nerurkar P, Johns L, Buesa L, Kipyakwai G, Volper E, Sato R, et al. Momordica charantia (bitter melon) attenuates high-fat diet-associated oxidative stress and neuroinflammation. J Neuroinflammation. 2011;8:64 pubmed publisher..The objective of our study was to investigate the neuroprotective effects of Momordica charantia (bitter melon) on high-fat diet (HFD)-associated BBB disruption, stress and neuroinflammatory cytokines...
- Alarcon V, Marikawa Y. Molecular study of mouse peri-implantation development using the in vitro culture of aggregated inner cell mass. Mol Reprod Dev. 2004;67:83-90 pubmed..Taken together, we propose that the 5x ICM is a useful in vitro tool to study the mechanisms of peri-implantation development of the mouse embryo. Mol. Reprod. Dev. 67: 83-90, 2004. ..
- Panee J, Liu W, Nakamura K, Berry M. The responses of HT22 cells to the blockade of mitochondrial complexes and potential protective effect of selenium supplementation. Int J Biol Sci. 2007;3:335-41 pubmed..Se supplementation increased glutathione levels and glutathione peroxidase activity, indicating a potential protective role in oxidative stress caused by ETC blockade. ..
- Huang Z, Hoffmann F, Norton R, Hashimoto A, Hoffmann P. Selenoprotein K is a novel target of m-calpain, and cleavage is regulated by Toll-like receptor-induced calpastatin in macrophages. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:34830-8 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings identify SelK as a novel calpain target and reveal dynamic changes in the calpain/calpastatin system during TLR-induced activation of macrophages. ..
- Mercier F, Arikawa Hirasawa E. Heparan sulfate niche for cell proliferation in the adult brain. Neurosci Lett. 2012;510:67-72 pubmed publisher..These results support the possibility that a single anatomical system might be globally responsible for mitogenesis and ultimately the production of new neurons and glial cells in the adult brain. ..
- Blanchard R, Wall P, Blanchard D. Problems in the study of rodent aggression. Horm Behav. 2003;44:161-70 pubmed
- Vine A, Leung Y, Bertram J. Transcriptional regulation of connexin 43 expression by retinoids and carotenoids: similarities and differences. Mol Carcinog. 2005;43:75-85 pubmed..In this construct astaxanthin and lycopene produced marginally, but not significantly higher, reporter activity than the control. ..
- Ramos J, Townsend D, Piarulli D, Kolata S, Light K, Hale G, et al. Deletion of PEA-15 in mice is associated with specific impairments of spatial learning abilities. BMC Neurosci. 2009;10:134 pubmed publisher..We found that PEA-15 null mice have spatial learning disabilities that are similar to those of mice where ERK or RSK2 function is impaired. We suggest PEA-15 may be an essential regulator of ERK-dependent spatial learning. ..
- Kishikawa H, Tateno H, Yanagimachi R. Chromosome analysis of BALB/c mouse spermatozoa with normal and abnormal head morphology. Biol Reprod. 1999;61:809-12 pubmed..01). Most karyotype abnormalities were structural rather than numerical, the most common being breaks and exchanges of chromosome type in both normal and abnormal spermatozoa. ..
- Luesch H, Moore R, Paul V, Mooberry S, Corbett T. Isolation of dolastatin 10 from the marine cyanobacterium Symploca species VP642 and total stereochemistry and biological evaluation of its analogue symplostatin 1. J Nat Prod. 2001;64:907-10 pubmed..Symplostatin 1 (2) was effective against a drug-insensitive mammary tumor and a drug-insensitive colon tumor; however, it was only slightly effective against two MDR tumors. ..
- Nagai S, Kasai T, Hirata S, Hoshi K, Yanagimachi R, Huang T. Cytoplasmic transfer in the mouse in conjunction with intracytoplasmic sperm injection. Reprod Biomed Online. 2004;8:75-80 pubmed..Results indicate that the mouse system can be used to characterize the transfer of exogenous materials concomitant with sperm injection, provided that the CT volume is not excessive. ..
- Doe J, Kaindl A, Jijiwa M, de la Vega M, Hu H, Griffiths G, et al. PTRH2 gene mutation causes progressive congenital skeletal muscle pathology. Hum Mol Genet. 2017;26:1458-1464 pubmed publisher..Our data establishes a PTRH2 mutation as a novel driver of congenital muscle degeneration and identifies a potential novel target to treat muscle myopathies. ..
- Kumar M, Roe K, Orillo B, Muruve D, Nerurkar V, Gale M, et al. Inflammasome adaptor protein Apoptosis-associated speck-like protein containing CARD (ASC) is critical for the immune response and survival in west Nile virus encephalitis. J Virol. 2013;87:3655-67 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our data provide new insights into the role of ASC as an essential modulator of inflammasome-dependent and -independent immune responses to effectively control WNV infection. ..