Experts and Doctors on vaccination in Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Locale: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Publications253 found, 100 shown here
- Brennan M, Vitek C, Strebel P, Wattigney W, Bisgard K, Brisgalov S, et al. How many doses of diphtheria toxoid are required for protection in adults? Results of a case-control study among 40- to 49-year-old adults in the Russian Federation. J Infect Dis. 2000;181 Suppl 1:S193-6 pubmed..The results suggest that Russian adults, who were unlikely to have acquired immunity to diphtheria through immunization or natural infection, required at least three doses of diphtheria toxoid for reliable protection against disease. ..
- Bialek S, Thoroughman D, Hu D, Simard E, Chattin J, Cheek J, et al. Hepatitis A incidence and hepatitis a vaccination among American Indians and Alaska Natives, 1990-2001. Am J Public Health. 2004;94:996-1001 pubmed..1%) had completed the vaccine series. Hepatitis A rates among AIAN peoples have declined dramatically coincident with implementation of routine hepatitis A vaccination of AIAN children. ..
- Moore M, Hyde T, Hennessy T, Parks D, Reasonover A, Harker Jones M, et al. Impact of a conjugate vaccine on community-wide carriage of nonsusceptible Streptococcus pneumoniae in Alaska. J Infect Dis. 2004;190:2031-8 pubmed
- Kramer M, Dunlop A. Inter-state variation in human papilloma virus vaccine coverage among adolescent girls in the 50 US states, 2007. Matern Child Health J. 2012;16 Suppl 1:S102-10 pubmed publisher..Strategies aimed at increasing clinicians' counseling for HPV vaccination could substantially reduce disparities in HPV vaccine coverage. ..
- Preza I, Subaiya S, Harris J, Ehlman D, Wannemuehler K, Wallace A, et al. Acceptance of the Administration of Multiple Injectable Vaccines in a Single Immunization Visit in Albania. J Infect Dis. 2017;216:S146-S151 pubmed publisher..Almost all children eventually received all recommended vaccines. ..
- Kretsinger K, Strebel P, Kezaala R, Goodson J. Transitioning Lessons Learned and Assets of the Global Polio Eradication Initiative to Global and Regional Measles and Rubella Elimination. J Infect Dis. 2017;216:S308-S315 pubmed publisher..quot; ..
- Markowitz L, Hariri S, Unger E, Saraiya M, Datta S, Dunne E. Post-licensure monitoring of HPV vaccine in the United States. Vaccine. 2010;28:4731-7 pubmed publisher..We review systems in place or being established for post-licensure monitoring of HPV vaccine in the United States. ..
- Katz J, Hancock K, Xu X. Serologic assays for influenza surveillance, diagnosis and vaccine evaluation. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2011;9:669-83 pubmed publisher..The use of standardized protocols and antibody standards are important steps to improve reproducibility and interlaboratory comparability of results of serologic assays for influenza viruses. ..
- McCarthy N, Weintraub E, Vellozzi C, Duffy J, Gee J, Donahue J, et al. Mortality rates and cause-of-death patterns in a vaccinated population. Am J Prev Med. 2013;45:91-97 pubmed publisher..The VSD mortality rate is lower than that in the general U.S. population, and the causes of death are similar. ..
- Chaves S, Lopez A, Watson T, Civen R, Watson B, Mascola L, et al. Varicella in infants after implementation of the US varicella vaccination program. Pediatrics. 2011;128:1071-7 pubmed publisher..To describe varicella disease in infants since implementation of the varicella vaccination program in the United States...
- Nakaya H, Wrammert J, Lee E, Racioppi L, Marie Kunze S, Haining W, et al. Systems biology of vaccination for seasonal influenza in humans. Nat Immunol. 2011;12:786-95 pubmed publisher..Thus, systems approaches can be used to predict immunogenicity and provide new mechanistic insights about vaccines. ..
- Destefano F, Bhasin T, Thompson W, Yeargin Allsopp M, Boyle C. Age at first measles-mumps-rubella vaccination in children with autism and school-matched control subjects: a population-based study in metropolitan atlanta. Pediatrics. 2004;113:259-66 pubmed..Vaccination before 36 months was more common among case children than control children, especially among children 3 to 5 years of age, likely reflecting immunization requirements for enrollment in early intervention programs. ..
- Reed C, Meltzer M, Finelli L, Fiore A. Public health impact of including two lineages of influenza B in a quadrivalent seasonal influenza vaccine. Vaccine. 2012;30:1993-8 pubmed publisher..The additional protection provided by including a second lineage of influenza B could result in a modest reduction in influenza-associated outcomes. ..
- Russell M, Cetron M, Eidex R. The US-Certified Yellow Fever Vaccination Center Registry: a tool for travelers, state health departments, and vaccine providers. J Travel Med. 2006;13:48-9 pubmed
- Ma X, Niezgoda M, Blanton J, Recuenco S, Rupprecht C. Evaluation of a new serological technique for detecting rabies virus antibodies following vaccination. Vaccine. 2012;30:5358-62 pubmed publisher..The sensitivity and specificity for field animal samples was 96% and 95%, respectively. The preliminary results from this study appear promising and demonstrate a higher sensitivity than traditional ELISA methods. ..
- Ditsungnoen D, Greenbaum A, Praphasiri P, Dawood F, Thompson M, Yoocharoen P, et al. Knowledge, attitudes and beliefs related to seasonal influenza vaccine among pregnant women in Thailand. Vaccine. 2016;34:2141-6 pubmed publisher..Cues to action were associated with willingness to be vaccinated and can be used to inform communication strategies during the vaccine campaign to increase influenza vaccination among Thai pregnant women. ..
- Azziz Baumgartner E, Dao C, Nasreen S, Bhuiyan M, Mah e Muneer S, Al Mamun A, et al. Seasonality, timing, and climate drivers of influenza activity worldwide. J Infect Dis. 2012;206:838-46 pubmed publisher..006). Percentage positivity was associated with low temperature (P = .001). Annual influenza epidemics occur in consistent temporal patterns depending on climate. ..
- Haber M. Estimation of the direct and indirect effects of vaccination. Stat Med. 1999;18:2101-9 pubmed..Examples from a mumps outbreak and a (hypothetical) HIV vaccine trial are used to illustrate the estimation of these new measures of vaccination effectiveness. ..
- Amon J, Darling N, Fiore A, Bell B, Barker L. Factors associated with hepatitis a vaccination among children 24 to 35 months of age: United States, 2003. Pediatrics. 2006;117:30-3 pubmed..Hepatitis A vaccination is being targeted successfully to children at higher risk of infection; however, overall vaccination coverage remains lower for hepatitis A vaccination, compared with other routine childhood vaccinations. ..
- Jordan H, Farley M, Craig A, Mohle Boetani J, Harrison L, Petit S, et al. Revisiting the need for vaccine prevention of late-onset neonatal group B streptococcal disease: a multistate, population-based analysis. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2008;27:1057-64 pubmed publisher..A trivalent vaccine could be an effective prevention strategy. Because many cases were born preterm, reducing the opportunity for transplacental antibody transfer, adolescent immunization should be considered. ..
- Yang C, Chen H, Jorba J, Sun H, Yang S, Lee H, et al. Intratypic recombination among lineages of type 1 vaccine-derived poliovirus emerging during chronic infection of an immunodeficient patient. J Virol. 2005;79:12623-34 pubmed..The appearance of a chronic VDPV excretor in a tropical, developing country has important implications for the strategy to stop OPV immunization after eradication of wild polioviruses. ..
- Latner D, McGrew M, Williams N, Lowe L, Werman R, Warnock E, et al. Enzyme-linked immunospot assay detection of mumps-specific antibody-secreting B cells as an alternative method of laboratory diagnosis. Clin Vaccine Immunol. 2011;18:35-42 pubmed publisher..In addition, it was determined that mumps-specific memory B cells are detected at a much lower frequency than measles- or rubella-specific cells, suggesting that mumps infection may not generate robust B-cell memory...
- Lane J. Remaining questions about clinical variola major. Emerg Infect Dis. 2011;17:676-80 pubmed publisher..Finally, political and ethical forces suggest that destruction of the remaining stocks of live smallpox virus is now appropriate. ..
- Marin M, Zhang J, Seward J. Near elimination of varicella deaths in the US after implementation of the vaccination program. Pediatrics. 2011;128:214-20 pubmed publisher..Since then, vaccination coverage has increased substantially. We updated the analysis of US varicella mortality for 2002-2007 and assessed the impact of the first 12 years of the US varicella vaccination program on varicella deaths...
- Vitek C, Pascual F, Baughman A, Murphy T. Increase in deaths from pertussis among young infants in the United States in the 1990s. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2003;22:628-34 pubmed..New approaches to prevent infection among infants <4 months of age and improved therapies for pertussis complications are needed. ..
- Hyde T, Dayan G, Langidrik J, Nandy R, Edwards R, Briand K, et al. Measles outbreak in the Republic of the Marshall Islands, 2003. Int J Epidemiol. 2006;35:299-306 pubmed..Islands' of measles susceptibility may develop in infants, adults, and any groups with low vaccine coverage. To prevent outbreaks, high population immunity must be sustained by maintaining and documenting high vaccine coverage. ..
- Tsai Y, Zhou F, Wortley P, Shefer A, Stokley S. Trends and characteristics of preventive care visits among commercially insured adolescents, 2003-2010. J Pediatr. 2014;164:625-30 pubmed publisher..ACIP recommendations may be associated with this improvement. However, ongoing efforts are needed to improve the use and delivery of preventive care services. ..
- Kim J, Liepkalns J, Reber A, Lu X, Music N, Jacob J, et al. Prior infection with influenza virus but not vaccination leaves a long-term immunological imprint that intensifies the protective efficacy of antigenically drifted vaccine strains. Vaccine. 2016;34:495-502 pubmed publisher..Therefore, influenza infection is a significant priming event that intensifies future vaccine responses against drift strains. ..
- Hennessey K, Bangsberg D, Weinbaum C, Hahn J. Hepatitis A seroprevalence and risk factors among homeless adults in San Francisco: should homelessness be included in the risk-based strategy for vaccination?. Public Health Rep. 2009;124:813-7 pubmed..This increase indicates an excess risk of HAV infection and the potential need to offer hepatitis A vaccination as part of homeless services. ..
- Langley W, Bradley K, Li Z, Smith M, Schnell M, Steinhauer D. Induction of neutralizing antibody responses to anthrax protective antigen by using influenza virus vectors: implications for disparate immune system priming pathways. J Virol. 2010;84:8300-7 pubmed publisher..In some cases, such toxin-neutralizing activity was notably high, indicating that the mechanisms by which immunity is primed by live influenza virus vectors may have beneficial properties. ..
- Schmidtke A, Boney K, Martin S, Skoff T, Tondella M, Tatti K. Population diversity among Bordetella pertussis isolates, United States, 1935-2009. Emerg Infect Dis. 2012;18:1248-55 pubmed publisher..Changes in the vaccine composition and schedule were not the direct selection pressures that resulted in the allele changes present in the current B. pertussis population...
- Sahakyan G, Grigoryan S, Wasley A, Mosina L, Sargsyan S, Asoyan A, et al. Impact and Effectiveness of Monovalent Rotavirus Vaccine in Armenian Children. Clin Infect Dis. 2016;62 Suppl 2:S147-54 pubmed publisher..Against more severe rotavirus disease, VE was 79% (95% CI, 55%-90%) and similarly high in both age groups. RV1 is effective in young Armenian children and substantially reduced rotavirus hospitalizations shortly after introduction. ..
- Fisher Hoch S, McCormick J, Auperin D, Brown B, Castor M, Perez G, et al. Protection of rhesus monkeys from fatal Lassa fever by vaccination with a recombinant vaccinia virus containing the Lassa virus glycoprotein gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1989;86:317-21 pubmed..Virus was recoverable from each of these animals, but at low titer and only during a brief period, as observed for the Mopeia-protected animals. We conclude that V-LSGPC can protect rhesus monkeys against death from Lassa fever...
- Ifere G, He Q, Igietseme J, Ananaba G, Lyn D, Lubitz W, et al. Immunogenicity and protection against genital Chlamydia infection and its complications by a multisubunit candidate vaccine. J Microbiol Immunol Infect. 2007;40:188-200 pubmed..Higher numbers of embryos were observed in vaccinated animals than in controls, indicating protection against infertility. These results underscore the potential, albeit moderate, vaccine advantage of the multisubunit formulation. ..
- Park S, Van Beneden C, Pilishvili T, Martin M, Facklam R, Whitney C. Invasive pneumococcal infections among vaccinated children in the United States. J Pediatr. 2010;156:478-483.e2 pubmed publisher..Incomplete vaccination and co-morbid conditions likely contribute to breakthrough vaccine-type pneumococcal infections. ..
- Lu P, O Halloran A, Ding H, Liang J, Williams W. National and State-Specific Td and Tdap Vaccination of Adult Populations. Am J Prev Med. 2016;50:616-626 pubmed publisher..By 2013, Td and Tdap vaccination coverage were 57.5% and 28.9%, respectively. Coverage varied by state. Implementation of evidence-based programs is needed to improve Td and Tdap vaccination levels among adult populations. ..
- Genco C, Odusanya B, Potempa J, Mikolajczyk Pawlinska J, Travis J. A peptide domain on gingipain R which confers immunity against Porphyromonas gingivalis infection in mice. Infect Immun. 1998;66:4108-14 pubmed..These results indicate that antibodies directed to the amino-terminal region of the catalytic domain of gingipains R are capable of inducing a protective immune response against P. gingivalis infection in the mouse chamber model. ..
- Fishbein D, Willis B, Cassidy W, Marioneaux D, Winston C. A comprehensive patient assessment and physician reminder tool for adult immunization: effect on vaccine administration. Vaccine. 2006;24:3971-83 pubmed..There were no additional significant differences during one year of follow-up. A number of barriers to comprehensive vaccination were encountered. ..
- Broder K, MacNeil A, Malone S, Schwartz B, Baughman A, Murphy T, et al. Who's calling the shots? Pediatricians' adherence to the 2001-2003 pneumococcal conjugate vaccine-shortage recommendations. Pediatrics. 2005;115:1479-87 pubmed
- Rupprecht C, Willoughby R, Slate D. Current and future trends in the prevention, treatment and control of rabies. Expert Rev Anti Infect Ther. 2006;4:1021-38 pubmed
- Boyd T, Linkins R, Mason K, Bulim I, Lemke B. Assessing immunization registry data completeness in Bexar County, Texas. Am J Prev Med. 2002;22:184-7 pubmed..These data suggest that San Antonio's registry data were more complete than clinic records and may assist in changing provider perceptions regarding registry data completeness. ..
- Sable S, Cheruvu M, Nandakumar S, Sharma S, Bandyopadhyay K, Kellar K, et al. Cellular immune responses to nine Mycobacterium tuberculosis vaccine candidates following intranasal vaccination. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e22718 pubmed publisher..Overall, our findings support consideration and further evaluation of an intranasally targeted Apa-based vaccine to prevent tuberculosis. ..
- Kwissa M, Kasturi S, Pulendran B. The science of adjuvants. Expert Rev Vaccines. 2007;6:673-84 pubmed..In this article, we review the latest progress and emerging concepts in adjuvant development, which includes novel findings in innate immune biology and their impact on vaccinology. ..
- Chen R, Shimabukuro T, Martin D, Zuber P, Weibel D, Sturkenboom M. Enhancing vaccine safety capacity globally: A lifecycle perspective. Vaccine. 2015;33 Suppl 4:D46-54 pubmed publisher..This paper aims to take a "lifecycle" approach, examining some potential pre- and post-licensure opportunities to improve vaccine safety, in both developed (specifically U.S. and Europe) and low- and middle-income countries. ..
- Amara R, Villinger F, Altman J, Lydy S, O Neil S, Staprans S, et al. Control of a mucosal challenge and prevention of AIDS by a multiprotein DNA/MVA vaccine. Vaccine. 2002;20:1949-55 pubmed..These highly promising findings provide hope that a relatively simple multiprotein DNA/MVA vaccine can help to control the AIDS epidemic. ..
- Kennedy E, Ahluwalia I, Ding H, Lu P, Singleton J, Bridges C. Monitoring seasonal influenza vaccination coverage among pregnant women in the United States. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2012;207:S9-16 pubmed publisher..Continued efforts are needed to ensure pregnant women receive recommendations and offers of vaccination from their health care providers. ..
- Oliver S, Hoots B, Paz Bailey G, Markowitz L, Meites E. Increasing Human Papillomavirus Vaccine Coverage Among Men Who Have Sex With Men-National HIV Behavioral Surveillance, United States, 2014. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2017;75 Suppl 3:S370-S374 pubmed publisher..Potential strategies for increasing MSM coverage include improving access to recommended care, and offering education for providers and patients. ..
- Weinberg A, Canniff J, Rouphael N, Mehta A, Mulligan M, Whitaker J, et al. Varicella-Zoster Virus-Specific Cellular Immune Responses to the Live Attenuated Zoster Vaccine in Young and Older Adults. J Immunol. 2017;199:604-612 pubmed publisher..This may underlie their inability to contain VZV reactivation and prevent the development of HZ. ..
- Millet P, Kalish M, Collins W, Hunter R. Effect of adjuvant formulations on the selection of B-cell epitopes expressed by a malaria peptide vaccine. Vaccine. 1992;10:547-50 pubmed..cynomolgi sporozoites in rhesus monkey hepatocytes by 50%. These results suggest that vaccine formulations influence B-cell epitope selection. ..
- Kohl K, Marcy S, Blum M, Connell Jones M, Dagan R, Hansen J, et al. Fever after immunization: current concepts and improved future scientific understanding. Clin Infect Dis. 2004;39:389-94 pubmed..By standardizing the definition and means of assessment of fever in vaccine safety studies, thereby permitting comparability of data, we hope to arrive at an improved understanding of its importance as an AEFI. ..
- Schaffzin J, Pollock L, Schulte C, Henry K, Dayan G, Blog D, et al. Effectiveness of previous mumps vaccination during a summer camp outbreak. Pediatrics. 2007;120:e862-8 pubmed..In July 2005, an outbreak of mumps occurred during a children's summer camp in upstate New York. An investigation was initiated to describe the cases and evaluate vaccine effectiveness...
- Satpathy H, Lindsay M, Kawwass J. Novel H1N1 virus infection and pregnancy. Postgrad Med. 2009;121:106-12 pubmed publisher..Although the current strain of H1N1 virus has fairly mild sequelae, the virus may have mutated over the summer months and we must anticipate a possible second wave of more severe illness moving into fall 2009 and winter 2010. ..
- Adamkiewicz T, Silk B, Howgate J, Baughman W, Strayhorn G, Sullivan K, et al. Effectiveness of the 7-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in children with sickle cell disease in the first decade of life. Pediatrics. 2008;121:562-9 pubmed publisher..Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine was effective even when controlling for herd immunity. Extending guideline recommendations for catch-up vaccination beyond 4 years of age should be considered. ..
- Lorick S, Fishbein D, Weintraub E, Wortley P, Lee G, Zhou F, et al. Uptake of meningococcal conjugate vaccine among adolescents in large managed care organizations, United States, 2005: demand, supply and seasonality. BMC Infect Dis. 2009;9:175 pubmed publisher..The increase in summer-time vaccinations and vaccination of non-targeted adolescents coupled with supply limitations likely contributed to the reported shortages of MCV4 in 2005. ..
- Estivariz C, Pallansch M, Anand A, Wassilak S, Sutter R, Wenger J, et al. Poliovirus vaccination options for achieving eradication and securing the endgame. Curr Opin Virol. 2013;3:309-15 pubmed publisher..In this communication, we will discuss polio vaccination options to accelerate eradication, to mitigate the risks during the planned withdrawal of type 2 OPV, and to secure eradication for future generations. ..
- Sodha S, Dietz V. Strengthening routine immunization systems to improve global vaccination coverage. Br Med Bull. 2015;113:5-14 pubmed publisher..Immunization programmes should identify, monitor and evaluate gaps and interventions within the GVAP framework. ..
- Lu P, O Halloran A, Williams W. Impact of health insurance status on vaccination coverage among adult populations. Am J Prev Med. 2015;48:647-61 pubmed publisher..Implementation of effective strategies is needed to help improve vaccination coverage among adults aged â‰¥18 years, especially those without health insurance. ..
- McNutt L, Desemone C, DeNicola E, El Chebib H, Nadeau J, Bednarczyk R, et al. Affluence as a predictor of vaccine refusal and underimmunization in California private kindergartens. Vaccine. 2016;34:1733-8 pubmed publisher..Nonmedical exemptions increased between the 2000-2001 and 2014-2015 academic years and appear to be associated with affluence, raising social justice concerns. ..
- Seward J, Marin M, Vazquez M. Varicella vaccine effectiveness in the US vaccination program: a review. J Infect Dis. 2008;197 Suppl 2:S82-9 pubmed publisher..Monitoring the effectiveness of the newly recommended 2-dose childhood vaccine schedule for varicella vaccine is a priority. ..
- Song J, Kim Y, Barlow P, Hossain M, Park K, Donis R, et al. Improved protection against avian influenza H5N1 virus by a single vaccination with virus-like particles in skin using microneedles. Antiviral Res. 2010;88:244-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study provides evidence that skin delivery of H5 VLP vaccines using microneedles designed for self-administration induces improved protection compared to conventional intramuscular immunization. ..
- DeStefano F. The Vaccine Safety Datalink project. Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf. 2001;10:403-6 pubmed..A cohort study was conducted that allowed estimation of incidence rates of intussusception and attributable risks associated with rotavirus vaccine. ..
- Querec T, Akondy R, Lee E, Cao W, Nakaya H, Teuwen D, et al. Systems biology approach predicts immunogenicity of the yellow fever vaccine in humans. Nat Immunol. 2009;10:116-125 pubmed publisher..A distinct signature, including B cell growth factor TNFRS17, predicted the neutralizing antibody response with up to 100% accuracy. These data highlight the utility of systems biology approaches in predicting vaccine efficacy. ..
- Wu X, Franka R, Henderson H, Rupprecht C. Live attenuated rabies virus co-infected with street rabies virus protects animals against rabies. Vaccine. 2011;29:4195-201 pubmed publisher..Overall, this highly attenuated live rabies virus offered better protection than the inactivated vaccine. ..
- Stokley S, Smith P, Klevens R, Battaglia M. Vaccination status of children living in rural areas in the United States: are they protected?. Am J Prev Med. 2001;20:55-60 pubmed..Uptake of the varicella vaccine appears to be slower in rural areas than urban areas. Further studies are recommended to identify the risk factors for not receiving the varicella vaccine in rural areas. ..
- Davila Payan C, Swann J, Wortley P. System factors to explain 2009 pandemic H1N1 state vaccination rates for children and high-risk adults in US emergency response to pandemic. Vaccine. 2014;32:246-51 pubmed publisher..Additionally, existing health infrastructure, health-seeking behaviors, and access affected coverage. ..
- Armah G, Pringle K, Enweronu Laryea C, Ansong D, Mwenda J, Diamenu S, et al. Impact and Effectiveness of Monovalent Rotavirus Vaccine Against Severe Rotavirus Diarrhea in Ghana. Clin Infect Dis. 2016;62 Suppl 2:S200-7 pubmed publisher..Our VE estimate is consistent with the observed rotavirus decrease and with efficacy estimates from elsewhere in sub-Saharan Africa. ..
- Lane J, Goldstein J. Adverse events occurring after smallpox vaccination. Semin Pediatr Infect Dis. 2003;14:189-95 pubmed..Death in revaccinees occurred less commonly and almost entirely from progressive vaccinia. In today's population, death rates might be higher because of the increased prevalence of immune deficiency and atopic dermatitis. ..
- Fogarty K, Massoudi M, Gallo W, Averhoff F, Yusuf H, Fishbein D. Vaccine coverage levels after implementation of a middle school vaccination requirement, Florida, 1997-2000. Public Health Rep. 2004;119:163-9 pubmed..Passing a school entry vaccination requirement appears may be sufficient to increase coverage, but other strategies may be required to achieve full immunization of middle school students. ..
- Harcourt J, Karron R, Tripp R. Anti-G protein antibody responses to respiratory syncytial virus infection or vaccination are associated with inhibition of G protein CX3C-CX3CR1 binding and leukocyte chemotaxis. J Infect Dis. 2004;190:1936-40 pubmed..In the present study, we show that anti-RSV G protein antibody responses after recent RSV infection or vaccination are associated with inhibition of RSV G protein CX3C-CX3CR1 interaction and RSV G protein-mediated leukocyte chemotaxis. ..
- Markowitz L, Dunne E, Saraiya M, Lawson H, Chesson H, Unger E. Quadrivalent Human Papillomavirus Vaccine: Recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP). MMWR Recomm Rep. 2007;56:1-24 pubmed..Vaccination is not a substitute for routine cervical cancer screening, and vaccinated females should have cervical cancer screening as recommended. ..
- Silveira E, Fogg M, Leskowitz R, Ertl H, Wiseman R, O Connor D, et al. Therapeutic vaccination against the rhesus lymphocryptovirus EBNA-1 homologue, rhEBNA-1, elicits T cell responses to novel epitopes in rhesus macaques. J Virol. 2013;87:13904-10 pubmed publisher..Preexisting rhEBNA-1-specific responses were augmented in 4/12 animals, and new epitopes were recognized in 5/12 animals after vaccinations. This study demonstrated that EBNA-1-specific T cells can be expanded by vaccination. ..
- Lee S, Mittler R, Moore M. Targeting CD137 enhances vaccine-elicited anti-respiratory syncytial virus CD8+ T cell responses in aged mice. J Immunol. 2014;192:293-9 pubmed publisher..Triggering the 41BB costimulatory pathway may be a strategy for enhancing T cell responses to vaccines in the elderly. ..
- Smith P, Stokley S, Bednarczyk R, Orenstein W, Omer S. HPV vaccination coverage of teen girls: the influence of health care providers. Vaccine. 2016;34:1604-1610 pubmed publisher..Also, HPV vaccination series completion rates may be increased by eliminating missed opportunities to vaccinate against HPV and scheduling additional follow-up visits to administer missing HPV vaccine doses. ..
- Bar Zeev N, Jere K, Bennett A, Pollock L, Tate J, Nakagomi O, et al. Population Impact and Effectiveness of Monovalent Rotavirus Vaccination in Urban Malawian Children 3 Years After Vaccine Introduction: Ecological and Case-Control Analyses. Clin Infect Dis. 2016;62 Suppl 2:S213-9 pubmed publisher..Despite differences in genotype-specific VE, no genotype has emerged to suggest vaccine escape. VE was not demonstrably affected by HIV exposure or stunting. ..
- Kemper A, Barnett E, Walter E, Hornik C, Pierre Joseph N, Broder K, et al. Drinking Water to Prevent Postvaccination Presyncope in Adolescents: A Randomized Trial. Pediatrics. 2017;140: pubmed publisher..Drinking water before vaccination did not prevent postvaccination presyncope. Predictors of postvaccination presyncope suggest opportunities for presyncope and syncope prevention interventions. ..
- Halloran M, Longini I, Nizam A, Yang Y. Containing bioterrorist smallpox. Science. 2002;298:1428-32 pubmed..It could also help targeted vaccination be more competitive with mass vaccination at both preventing and containing a deliberate introduction of smallpox. ..
- Asatryan A, Pool V, Chen R, Kohl K, Davis R, Iskander J. Live attenuated measles and mumps viral strain-containing vaccines and hearing loss: Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS), United States, 1990--2003. Vaccine. 2008;26:1166-72 pubmed publisher..Thus, HL following MMCV has been reported in the literature and to the VAERS. Further studies are needed to better understand if there is a causal relationship between MMCV and HL. ..
- Tamin A, Harcourt B, Ksiazek T, Rollin P, Bellini W, Rota P. Functional properties of the fusion and attachment glycoproteins of Nipah virus. Virology. 2002;296:190-200 pubmed..Data from these biological assays support the taxonomic grouping of both HV and NV in the new genus, Henipavirus, within the family Paramyxoviridae. ..