Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on neoplasms in Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Locale: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Publications154 found, 100 shown here
- Rohan E. Removing the stress from selecting instruments: arming social workers to take leadership in routine distress screening implementation. J Psychosoc Oncol. 2012;30:667-78 pubmed publisher..This article highlights the most popular distress screening measures used in oncology and their psychometric properties. ..
- Kaddi C, Phan J, Wang M. Computational nanomedicine: modeling of nanoparticle-mediated hyperthermal cancer therapy. Nanomedicine (Lond). 2013;8:1323-33 pubmed publisher..In this review, we focus on computational modeling of magnetic and gold nanoparticle-mediated hyperthermia, followed by a discussion of new opportunities and challenges. ..
- Westby R, Berg C, Leach C. Gender, race, BMI, and social support in relation to the health-related quality of life of cancer survivors: a report from the American Cancer Society's Study of Cancer Survivors II (SCS-II). Qual Life Res. 2016;25:409-21 pubmed publisher..While the buffering hypothesis of the stress and coping theory was not supported, the main effects of BMI and social support on HRQoL were different across gender and race. ..
- Canada A, Murphy P, Fitchett G, Stein K. Re-examining the Contributions of Faith, Meaning, and Peace to Quality of Life: a Report from the American Cancer Society's Studies of Cancer Survivors-II (SCS-II). Ann Behav Med. 2016;50:79-86 pubmed publisher..Should future longitudinal research replicate these findings, investigators may need to reconsider the role of faith in oncology QoL studies. ..
- Howard D, Molinari N, Thorpe K. National estimates of medical costs incurred by nonelderly cancer patients. Cancer. 2004;100:883-91 pubmed
- Chen C, Sun X, Guo P, Dong X, Sethi P, Cheng X, et al. Human Kruppel-like factor 5 is a target of the E3 ubiquitin ligase WWP1 for proteolysis in epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:41553-61 pubmed..These findings not only established WWP1 as an E3 ubiquitin ligase for KLF5, they also further implicated the KLF5 pathway in human carcinogenesis. ..
- Wang X, Yue P, Chan C, Ye K, Ueda T, Watanabe Fukunaga R, et al. Inhibition of mammalian target of rapamycin induces phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-dependent and Mnk-mediated eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4E phosphorylation. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:7405-13 pubmed..In addition, we also suggest an effective therapeutic strategy for enhancing mTOR-targeted cancer therapy by cotargeting mTOR signaling and Mnk/eIF4E phosphorylation. ..
- Thomas S, Zhong D, Zhou W, Malik S, Liotta D, Snyder J, et al. EF24, a novel curcumin analog, disrupts the microtubule cytoskeleton and inhibits HIF-1. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:2409-17 pubmed
- Thun M, Jacobs E, Patrono C. The role of aspirin in cancer prevention. Nat Rev Clin Oncol. 2012;9:259-67 pubmed publisher..It also considers how even a 10% reduction in overall cancer incidence beginning during the first 10 years of treatment could tip the balance of benefits and risks favourably in average-risk populations. ..
- Sun S. Impact of genetic alterations on mTOR-targeted cancer therapy. Chin J Cancer. 2013;32:270-4 pubmed publisher..Thus, efforts have been made to demonstrate the potential impact of genetic alterations on rapalog-based or mTOR-targeted cancer therapy. This review will primarily summarize research advances in this direction. ..
- Holman D, Rodriguez J, Peipins L, Watson M, White M. Highlights from a workshop on opportunities for cancer prevention during preadolescence and adolescence. J Adolesc Health. 2013;52:S8-14 pubmed publisher..Many ideas and insights generated during the workshop will be put into action as CDC continues to explore opportunities for cancer prevention during youth and across the lifespan. ..
- Siegel R, Ma J, Zou Z, Jemal A. Cancer statistics, 2014. CA Cancer J Clin. 2014;64:9-29 pubmed publisher..Notably, black men experienced the largest drop within every 10-year age group. Further progress can be accelerated by applying existing cancer control knowledge across all segments of the population. ..
- Winn A, Ekwueme D, Guy G, Neumann P. Cost-Utility Analysis of Cancer Prevention, Treatment, and Control: A Systematic Review. Am J Prev Med. 2016;50:241-8 pubmed publisher..However, the results highlight the relatively small number of cancer cost-utility analyses devoted to primary prevention compared with secondary or tertiary prevention. ..
- Baker F, Dye J, Denniston M, Ainsworth S. Risk perception and cigar smoking behavior. Am J Health Behav. 2001;25:106-14 pubmed..Although recognizing smoking as a cancer cause in general, cigar smokers tended to show a self-exempting "optimistic bias" with regard to perceptions of their own risks. ..
- Vertino P, Sekowski J, Coll J, Applegren N, Han S, Hickey R, et al. DNMT1 is a component of a multiprotein DNA replication complex. Cell Cycle. 2002;1:416-23 pubmed
- Schieve L, Rasmussen S, Buck G, Schendel D, Reynolds M, Wright V. Are children born after assisted reproductive technology at increased risk for adverse health outcomes?. Obstet Gynecol. 2004;103:1154-63 pubmed..Future research needs to address the unique methodological challenges underlying study in this area. ..
- Pentz R, Billot L, Wendler D. Research on stored biological samples: views of African American and White American cancer patients. Am J Med Genet A. 2006;140:733-9 pubmed..These findings support the recommendation to offer individuals a simplified consent with a one-time binary choice whether to provide biological samples for future research. ..
- Gansler T, Kaw C, Crammer C, Smith T. A population-based study of prevalence of complementary methods use by cancer survivors: a report from the American Cancer Society's studies of cancer survivors. Cancer. 2008;113:1048-57 pubmed publisher..These findings may be used by clinicians and researchers to inform their decisions regarding which CMs to address in practice and research. ..
- Thun M, DeLancey J, Center M, Jemal A, Ward E. The global burden of cancer: priorities for prevention. Carcinogenesis. 2010;31:100-10 pubmed publisher..Foremost among these are the need to strengthen efforts in international tobacco control and to increase the availability of vaccines against hepatitis B and human papilloma virus in countries where they are most needed. ..
- Mitchell L, Koval M. Specificity of interaction between clostridium perfringens enterotoxin and claudin-family tight junction proteins. Toxins (Basel). 2010;2:1595-611 pubmed publisher..Moreover, the high affinity of CPE to selected claudins makes CPE a useful platform for targeted drug delivery to tumors expressing these claudins. ..
- Underwood J, Townsend J, Tai E, White A, Davis S, Fairley T. Persistent cigarette smoking and other tobacco use after a tobacco-related cancer diagnosis. J Cancer Surviv. 2012;6:333-44 pubmed publisher..We provide the first population-based report on demographic characteristics and tobacco use behaviors among self-reported tobacco-related cancer survivors. ..
- Jemal A, Simard E, Dorell C, Noone A, Markowitz L, Kohler B, et al. Annual Report to the Nation on the Status of Cancer, 1975-2009, featuring the burden and trends in human papillomavirus(HPV)-associated cancers and HPV vaccination coverage levels. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2013;105:175-201 pubmed publisher..This year's report includes incidence trends for human papillomavirus (HPV)-associated cancers and HPV vaccination (recommended for adolescents aged 11-12 years)...
- Wiatrek D, Morra M, Shaw B, Sharpe K, George R, Battaglia Seiler M, et al. Documenting the health insurance needs of cancer patients and providing scarce resolutions. J Cancer Educ. 2013;28:221-7 pubmed publisher..Six lessons that have been learned while initiating and managing this program are presented. ..
- Khoury M, Janssens A, Ransohoff D. How can polygenic inheritance be used in population screening for common diseases?. Genet Med. 2013;15:437-43 pubmed publisher..In an era of direct-to-consumer availability of personal genomic information, the public health and health-care systems need to prepare for an evidence-based integration of this information into population screening. ..
- Mun J. Radiofluorinated carbohydrates for positron emission tomography. Curr Top Med Chem. 2013;13:944-50 pubmed..6-Deoxy-6-[(18)F]fluoro-L-ascorbic acid was evaluated to assess antioxidant function of L-ascorbic acid in rodent models of transient global ischemia and glutathione deficiency. ..
- Atherton P, Watkins Bruner D, Gotay C, Moinpour C, Satele D, Winter K, et al. The Complementary Nature of Patient-Reported Outcomes and Adverse Event Reporting in Cooperative Group Oncology Clinical Trials: A Pooled Analysis (NCCTG N0591). J Pain Symptom Manage. 2015;50:470-9.e9 pubmed publisher..11 Symptom Distress Scale, and -0.51 Functional Living Index-Cancer. These results support previous work and an a priori hypothesis that AEs and PROs measure differing aspects of the disease experience and are complementary. ..
- Stice S, Liu G, Matulis S, Boise L, Cai Y. Determination of multiple human arsenic metabolites employing high performance liquid chromatography inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry. J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci. 2016;1009-1010:55-65 pubmed publisher..This method provides a useful analytical tool which is much needed in unequivocally identifying the arsenicals formed during the metabolism of environmental arsenic exposure or therapeutic arsenic administration. ..
- Vena C, Parker K, Cunningham M, Clark J, McMillan S. Sleep-wake disturbances in people with cancer part I: an overview of sleep, sleep regulation, and effects of disease and treatment. Oncol Nurs Forum. 2004;31:735-46 pubmed
- Murph M, Hurst Kennedy J, Newton V, Brindley D, Radhakrishna H. Lysophosphatidic acid decreases the nuclear localization and cellular abundance of the p53 tumor suppressor in A549 lung carcinoma cells. Mol Cancer Res. 2007;5:1201-11 pubmed..These results identify p53 as a target of LPA action and provide a new dimension for understanding how LPA stimulates cancer cell division, protects against apoptosis, and thereby promotes tumor progression. ..
- Yang X, Sun G, Yang C, Wang B. Novel rhein analogues as potential anticancer agents. ChemMedChem. 2011;6:2294-301 pubmed publisher..Their cytotoxicities were evaluated using an MTT assay. Among all the compounds synthesized, one compound showed the best potency, with an IC(50) value of 2.7 ?M against the HeLa cell line and 0.6 ?M against the MOLT4 cell line. ..
- Rochester P, Adams E, Porterfield D, Holden D, McAleer K, Steele C. Cancer Plan Index: a measure for assessing the quality of cancer plans. J Public Health Manag Pract. 2011;17:E12-7 pubmed publisher..Areas of the CPI with low average component scores should stimulate technical assistance to the funded programs, either to increase program activities or to increase discussion of key activities in the plan. ..
- Sun S. mTOR kinase inhibitors as potential cancer therapeutic drugs. Cancer Lett. 2013;340:1-8 pubmed publisher..This review will highlight recent advances in the development and research of TORKinibs and discuss some potential issues or challenges in this area. ..
- Burd E. Human Papillomavirus Laboratory Testing: the Changing Paradigm. Clin Microbiol Rev. 2016;29:291-319 pubmed publisher..HPV testing is recommended for oropharyngeal squamous cell tumors as a prognostic indicator. Ongoing research will help to improve the content of future guidelines for screening and diagnostic testing. ..
- Theis K, Rao J, Anderson L, Thompson P. End-of-life content in Comprehensive Cancer Control Plans: a systematic review. Am J Hosp Palliat Care. 2007;24:390-8 pubmed..The top EOL strategies were research, provider education, and patient/public education. The results establish a baseline of EOL content in CCC Plans and should help improve assistance in future CCC planning efforts. ..
- Heimburg Molinaro J, Lum M, Vijay G, Jain M, Almogren A, Rittenhouse Olson K. Cancer vaccines and carbohydrate epitopes. Vaccine. 2011;29:8802-26 pubmed publisher..The role of each of the above mentioned carbohydrate antigens in cancer growth and metastasis and vaccine attempts using these antigens will be described. ..
- Subramanian S, Tangka F, Beebe M, Trebino D, Weir H, Babcock F. The cost of cancer registry operations: Impact of volume on cost per case for core and enhanced registry activities. Eval Program Plann. 2016;55:1-8 pubmed publisher..Automation or efficiency improvements in data collection can potentially reduce overall costs. ..
- Tangka F, Trogdon J, Nwaise I, Ekwueme D, Guy G, Orenstein D. State-level estimates of cancer-related absenteeism costs. J Occup Environ Med. 2013;55:1015-20 pubmed publisher..The results from this study suggest that lost productivity attributable to cancer is a substantial cost to employees and employers and contributes to estimates of the overall impact of cancer in a state population. ..
- Belozerov V, Van Meir E. Hypoxia inducible factor-1: a novel target for cancer therapy. Anticancer Drugs. 2005;16:901-9 pubmed..These drugs disrupt the HIF-1 signaling pathway through a variety of mechanisms, including the inhibition of HIF-1alpha protein synthesis, stabilization, nuclear translocation and HIF-1 transactivation of target genes. ..
- Nandagopal R, Laverdiere C, Mulrooney D, Hudson M, Meacham L. Endocrine late effects of childhood cancer therapy: a report from the Children's Oncology Group. Horm Res. 2008;69:65-74 pubmed
- Ekwueme D, Chesson H, Zhang K, Balamurugan A. Years of potential life lost and productivity costs because of cancer mortality and for specific cancer sites where human papillomavirus may be a risk factor for carcinogenesis-United States, 2003. Cancer. 2008;113:2936-45 pubmed publisher..7 billion for HPV-associated cancer mortality and $133.5 billion for overall malignant cancer mortality. HPV-associated cancers impose a considerable burden in terms of premature deaths and productivity losses. ..
- Turner D, Moshkelani D, Shemesh C, Luc D, Zhang H. Near-infrared image-guided delivery and controlled release using optimized thermosensitive liposomes. Pharm Res. 2012;29:2092-103 pubmed publisher..In vivo studies suggest that liposomal encapsulation of ICG permits reliable, real-time monitoring of liposome biodistribution through non-invasive NIR imaging. ..
- Wilson R, Ryerson A, Singh S, King J. Cancer Incidence in Appalachia, 2004-2011. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2016;25:250-8 pubmed publisher..Surveillance and evaluation of special populations provide means to monitor screening and early detection programs, understand behavioral risk factors, and increase efforts to reduce tobacco use to mediate disparities. ..
- Gurudatta B, Ramos E, Corces V. The BEAF insulator regulates genes involved in cell polarity and neoplastic growth. Dev Biol. 2012;369:124-32 pubmed publisher..Miss-regulation of these genes explains the unregulated cell growth and neoplastic phenotypes observed in imaginal tissues of BEAF-32 mutants. ..
- Chassaing B, Srinivasan G, Delgado M, Young A, Gewirtz A, Vijay Kumar M. Fecal lipocalin 2, a sensitive and broadly dynamic non-invasive biomarker for intestinal inflammation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e44328 pubmed publisher..Thus, assay of fecal Lcn-2 by ELISA can function as a non-invasive, sensitive, dynamic, stable and cost-effective means to monitor intestinal inflammation in mice. ..
- Torre L, Siegel R, Ward E, Jemal A. Global Cancer Incidence and Mortality Rates and Trends--An Update. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2016;25:16-27 pubmed publisher..LMICs also have a disproportionate burden of infection-related cancers. Applied cancer control measures are needed to reduce rates in HICs and arrest the growing burden in LMICs. ..
- Ichiho H, deBrum I, Kedi S, LANGIDRIK J, Aitaoto N. An assessment of non-communicable diseases, diabetes, and related risk factors in the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Majuro Atoll: a systems perspective. Hawaii J Med Public Health. 2013;72:87-97 pubmed..Based on these findings, priority issues and problems to be addressed for the administrative, clinical, and data systems were identified. ..
- Tai E, Buchanan N, Eliman D, Westervelt L, Beaupin L, Lawvere S, et al. Understanding and addressing the lack of clinical trial enrollment among adolescents with cancer. Pediatrics. 2014;133 Suppl 3:S98-S103 pubmed publisher..This article summarizes the activities of the workgroup and their suggestions for enhanced accrual. ..
- Smith R, Cokkinides V, Eyre H. American Cancer Society guidelines for the early detection of cancer, 2003. CA Cancer J Clin. 2003;53:27-43 pubmed
- Niu T, Sun M, Star Lack J, Gao H, Fan Q, Zhu L. Shading correction for on-board cone-beam CT in radiation therapy using planning MDCT images. Med Phys. 2010;37:5395-406 pubmed..By providing effective shading correction, our approach has the potential to improve the accuracy of more advanced CBCT-based clinical applications for IGRT, such as tumor delineation and dose calculation. ..
- Meacham L, Chow E, Ness K, Kamdar K, Chen Y, Yasui Y, et al. Cardiovascular risk factors in adult survivors of pediatric cancer--a report from the childhood cancer survivor study. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2010;19:170-81 pubmed publisher..7; 95% CI, 1.1-2.6). Among adult survivors of pediatric cancer, older attained age, exposure to total body irradiation or abdominal plus chest radiation, and a sedentary life-style are associated with CVRFC. ..
- Holman D, White M. Dietary behaviors related to cancer prevention among pre-adolescents and adolescents: the gap between recommendations and reality. Nutr J. 2011;10:60 pubmed publisher..Future research should focus on developing and evaluating policies and interventions at the community, state and national levels for aligning the diets of youth with the evolving scientific evidence regarding cancer prevention. ..
- Seeff L, Major A, Townsend J, Provost E, Redwood D, Espey D, et al. Comprehensive cancer control programs and coalitions: partnering to launch successful colorectal cancer screening initiatives. Cancer Causes Control. 2010;21:2023-31 pubmed publisher..This paper summarizes several national initiatives and features several Comprehensive Cancer Control Program colorectal cancer control successes. ..
- DeSantis C, Naishadham D, Jemal A. Cancer statistics for African Americans, 2013. CA Cancer J Clin. 2013;63:151-66 pubmed publisher..Overall, progress in reducing cancer death rates has been made, although more can and should be done to accelerate this progress through ensuring equitable access to cancer prevention, early detection, and state-of-the-art treatments. ..
- White M, Peipins L, Watson M, Trivers K, Holman D, Rodriguez J. Cancer prevention for the next generation. J Adolesc Health. 2013;52:S1-7 pubmed publisher..The greatest improvements in cancer prevention may occur as a result of innovative, multilevel interventions that build on the expanding scientific evidence base. ..
- Brandon D, Alazraki A, Halkar R, Alazraki N. The role of single-photon emission computed tomography and SPECT/computed tomography in oncologic imaging. Semin Oncol. 2011;38:87-108 pubmed publisher..Established and emerging uses of SPECT/CT in a wide variety of oncologic diseases, as well as radiation exposure issues, are reviewed. ..
- Lipscomb J, Gillespie T. State-level cancer quality assessment and research: building and sustaining the data infrastructure. Cancer J. 2011;17:246-56 pubmed publisher..The pace of progress depends on the successful resolution of issues related to the application of information technology, financing, and governance. ..
- Patterson B, Truxillo L, Wasilewski Masker K, Mertens A, Meacham L. Adrenal function testing in pediatric cancer survivors. Pediatr Blood Cancer. 2009;53:1302-7 pubmed publisher..We recommend use of LDCT, not 8 a.m. serum cortisol to screen patients who received >30 Gy of radiotherapy and those with other central endocrinopathies. ..
- Khoury M, Coates R, Fennell M, Glasgow R, Scheuner M, Schully S, et al. Multilevel research and the challenges of implementing genomic medicine. J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr. 2012;2012:112-20 pubmed publisher..We synthesize existing information in a framework for future multilevel research for integrating genomic medicine into the cancer care continuum. ..
- Liu Z, Oh S, Okada M, Liu X, Cheng D, Peng J, et al. Human BRE1 is an E3 ubiquitin ligase for Ebp1 tumor suppressor. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:757-68 pubmed publisher..Thus, hBre1 inhibits Ebp1's tumor suppressive activity through mediating its polyubiquitination and degradation. ..
- Gu L, Zhu N, Zhang H, Durden D, Feng Y, Zhou M. Regulation of XIAP translation and induction by MDM2 following irradiation. Cancer Cell. 2009;15:363-75 pubmed publisher..Upregulation of XIAP in MDM2-overexpressing cancer cells in response to irradiation resulted in resistance of these cells to radiation-induced apoptosis. ..
- Dickerson E, Blackburn W, Smith M, Kapa L, Lyon L, McDonald J. Chemosensitization of cancer cells by siRNA using targeted nanogel delivery. BMC Cancer. 2010;10:10 pubmed publisher..In addition, EphA2 is a viable target for therapeutic delivery, and the siRNAs are effectively protected by the nanogel carrier, overcoming the poor stability and uptake that has hindered clinical advancement of therapeutic siRNAs. ..
- Siegel R, Naishadham D, Jemal A. Cancer statistics for Hispanics/Latinos, 2012. CA Cancer J Clin. 2012;62:283-98 pubmed publisher..Strategies for reducing cancer risk among Hispanics include increasing utilization of screening and available vaccines, as well as implementing effective interventions to reduce obesity, alcohol consumption, and tobacco use. ..
- Sabatino S, Thompson T, Smith J, Rowland J, Forsythe L, Pollack L, et al. Receipt of cancer treatment summaries and follow-up instructions among adult cancer survivors: results from a national survey. J Cancer Surviv. 2013;7:32-43 pubmed publisher..Cancer survivors who have completed therapy should ask their providers for treatment summaries and written follow-up instructions, and discuss with them how their cancer and therapy impact their future health care. ..
- Ichiho H, Anson R, KELLER E, Lippwe K, Aitaoto N. An assessment of non-communicable diseases, diabetes, and related risk factors in the Federated States of Micronesia, State of Pohnpei: a systems perspective. Hawaii J Med Public Health. 2013;72:49-56 pubmed..Based on some of the findings, priority issues and problems that need to be addressed for the administrative and clinical systems are identified. ..
- Jemal A, Siegel R, Ward E, Hao Y, Xu J, Thun M. Cancer statistics, 2009. CA Cancer J Clin. 2009;59:225-49 pubmed publisher..Further progress can be accelerated by applying existing cancer control knowledge across all segments of the population and by supporting new discoveries in cancer prevention, early detection, and treatment. ..
- Fan S, Ramalingam S, Kauh J, Xu Z, Khuri F, Sun S. Phosphorylated eukaryotic translation initiation factor 4 (eIF4E) is elevated in human cancer tissues. Cancer Biol Ther. 2009;8:1463-9 pubmed..05). Collectively, these findings suggest that p-eIF4E may play a critical role in cancer development, particularly early stages of tumorigenesis and support p-eIF4E as a good cancer therapeutic target. ..
- Head P, Zhang H, Bastien A, Koyen A, Withers A, Daddacha W, et al. Sirtuin 2 mutations in human cancers impair its function in genome maintenance. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:9919-9931 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, our work provides a mechanistic basis for understanding the biological and clinical significance of SIRT2 mutations in genome maintenance and tumor suppression. ..
- Hitosugi T, Kang S, Vander Heiden M, Chung T, Elf S, Lythgoe K, et al. Tyrosine phosphorylation inhibits PKM2 to promote the Warburg effect and tumor growth. Sci Signal. 2009;2:ra73 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that tyrosine phosphorylation regulates PKM2 to provide a metabolic advantage to tumor cells, thereby promoting tumor growth. ..
- Tai E, Buchanan N, Townsend J, Fairley T, Moore A, Richardson L. Health status of adolescent and young adult cancer survivors. Cancer. 2012;118:4884-91 pubmed publisher..Increased adherence to established follow-up guidelines may lead to improved health among AYA cancer survivors. ..
- Matthews B, Baker F, Spillers R. Healthcare professionals' awareness of cancer support services. Cancer Pract. 2002;10:36-44 pubmed
- Frumkin H. Agent Orange and cancer: an overview for clinicians. CA Cancer J Clin. 2003;53:245-55 pubmed
- Lee E, Fox T, Crocker I. Simultaneous beam geometry and intensity map optimization in intensity-modulated radiation therapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2006;64:301-20 pubmed
- Webber B, Lawson D, Cohen C. Maspin and Mutant p53 expression in malignant melanoma and carcinoma: use of tissue microarray. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2008;16:19-23 pubmed..However, heterogeneity and minimal tumor may lead to variable results. ..
- Gansler T, Ganz P, Grant M, Greene F, Johnstone P, Mahoney M, et al. Sixty years of CA: a cancer journal for clinicians. CA Cancer J Clin. 2010;60:345-50 pubmed publisher..On the 60th anniversary of that date, we briefly review several seminal contributions to oncology and cancer control published in our journal during its first decade. ..
- Chen S, Cao W, Yue P, Hao C, Khuri F, Sun S. Celecoxib promotes c-FLIP degradation through Akt-independent inhibition of GSK3. Cancer Res. 2011;71:6270-81 pubmed publisher..Our findings reveal a novel mechanism through which the regulatory effects of c-FLIP on death receptor signaling are controlled by GSK3, which celecoxib acts at an upstream level to control independently of Akt. ..
- Kelavkar U, Glasgow W, Eling T. The effect of 15-lipoxygenase-1 expression on cancer cells. Curr Urol Rep. 2002;3:207-14 pubmed..This article is divided into three sections emphasizing the key role of 15-LO-1 in prostate, colorectal, and breast cancers. ..
- Ofori Acquah S, King J. Activated leukocyte cell adhesion molecule: a new paradox in cancer. Transl Res. 2008;151:122-8 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes the current knowledge of the role of ALCAM in malignancies. ..
- Hartzell H, Yu K, Xiao Q, Chien L, Qu Z. Anoctamin/TMEM16 family members are Ca2+-activated Cl- channels. J Physiol. 2009;587:2127-39 pubmed publisher..Some members of this family are up-regulated in a number of tumours and functional deficiency in others is linked to developmental defects. ..