Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Locale: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications422 found, 100 shown here
- Berger A, Hanson P, Wylie Nichols J, Corbett A. A yeast model system for functional analysis of the Niemann-Pick type C protein 1 homolog, Ncr1p. Traffic. 2005;6:907-17 pubmed..These findings establish S. cerevisiae as a model system that can be exploited to analyze the molecular consequences of patient mutations in NPC1 and provide the basis for future genetic studies using yeast. ..
- Barr J, Moura H, Boyer A, Woolfitt A, Kalb S, Pavlopoulos A, et al. Botulinum neurotoxin detection and differentiation by mass spectrometry. Emerg Infect Dis. 2005;11:1578-83 pubmed..62 MLD50/mL. A high-performance liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method for quantifying active toxin, where the amount of toxin can be correlated to the amount of product peptides, is also described...
- Yang L, Lin C, Liu Z. P68 RNA helicase mediates PDGF-induced epithelial mesenchymal transition by displacing Axin from beta-catenin. Cell. 2006;127:139-55 pubmed..These data demonstrated a novel mechanism of phosphor-p68 in mediating the growth factor-induced EMT and uncovered a new pathway to promote beta-catenin nuclear translocation. ..
- Woodbury R, Klammer K, Xiong Y, Bailiff T, Glennen A, Bartkus J, et al. Plasmid-Borne erm(T) from invasive, macrolide-resistant Streptococcus pyogenes strains. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2008;52:1140-3 pubmed publisher..These 23 isolates, representing four different clones, contained a broad-host-range plasmid carrying the erm(T) methylase gene, which has not been detected in GAS previously...
- Lamar D, Weyand C, Goronzy J. Promoter choice and translational repression determine cell type-specific cell surface density of the inhibitory receptor CD85j expressed on different hematopoietic lineages. Blood. 2010;115:3278-86 pubmed publisher..These cell-specific mechanisms allow tailoring of CD85j levels to the distinct roles it plays in different hematopoietic lineages. ..
- Du J, McConnell B, Yang V. A small ubiquitin-related modifier-interacting motif functions as the transcriptional activation domain of Krüppel-like factor 4. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:28298-308 pubmed publisher..These results, therefore, illustrate a novel mechanism by which SUMO interaction modulates the activity of transcription factors. ..
- de Almeida M, Steurer F, Koru O, Herwaldt B, Pieniazek N, da Silva A. Identification of Leishmania spp. by molecular amplification and DNA sequencing analysis of a fragment of rRNA internal transcribed spacer 2. J Clin Microbiol. 2011;49:3143-9 pubmed publisher..The approach we developed can be used as a diagnostic tool in reference laboratories with adequate infrastructure to perform molecular characterization of pathogens. ..
- Bogenpohl J, Ritter S, Hall R, Smith Y. Adenosine A2A receptor in the monkey basal ganglia: ultrastructural localization and colocalization with the metabotropic glutamate receptor 5 in the striatum. J Comp Neurol. 2012;520:570-89 pubmed publisher..Together, these data foster a deeper understanding of the substrates through which A(2A) R could regulate primate basal ganglia function and potentially mediate its therapeutic effects in parkinsonism. ..
- Morgan O, Chittaganpitch M, Clague B, Chantra S, Sanasuttipun W, Prapasiri P, et al. Hospitalization due to human parainfluenza virus-associated lower respiratory tract illness in rural Thailand. Influenza Other Respir Viruses. 2013;7:280-5 pubmed publisher..In Thailand, HPIV caused substantial illnesses requiring hospitalization in young children. ..
- Amer S, Zidan S, Feng Y, Adamu H, Li N, Xiao L. Identity and public health potential of Cryptosporidium spp. in water buffalo calves in Egypt. Vet Parasitol. 2013;191:123-7 pubmed publisher..The prevailing occurrence of C. ryanae and the subtype family IId of C. parvum and the absence of C. bovis and C. andersoni represent some features of Cryptosporidium transmission in water buffaloes in Egypt...
- Zen K, Utech M, Liu Y, Soto I, Nusrat A, Parkos C. Association of BAP31 with CD11b/CD18. Potential role in intracellular trafficking of CD11b/CD18 in neutrophils. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:44924-30 pubmed..Given the known sorting properties of BAP31, these findings suggest that BAP31 may play a role in regulating intracellular trafficking of CD11b/CD18 in neutrophils. ..
- Kwon D, Lu C, Walthall D, Brown T, Houghton J, Abdelal A. Structure and regulation of the carAB operon in Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Pseudomonas stutzeri: no untranslated region exists. J Bacteriol. 1994;176:2532-42 pubmed..aeruginosa. ..
- Delafontaine P, Lou H, Harrison D, Bernstein K. Sequence of a cDNA encoding dog insulin-like growth factor I. Gene. 1993;130:305-6 pubmed..By analogy with the organization of the rat and human IGFI genes which encode two extension peptides, we have termed this cDNA, dog IGFIa. The deduced amino acid sequence of mature dog IGFI is identical to that of human IGFI. ..
- Bowen M, Peters C, Mills J, Nichol S. Oliveros virus: a novel arenavirus from Argentina. Virology. 1996;217:362-6 pubmed publisher..These data represent an important first step in the development of specific immunological and PCR diagnostic reagents to allow assessment of the prevalence and disease potential of this virus...
- Beard C, Hamm D, Collins F. The mitochondrial genome of the mosquito Anopheles gambiae: DNA sequence, genome organization, and comparisons with mitochondrial sequences of other insects. Insect Mol Biol. 1993;2:103-24 pubmed..Comparisons were made with the mitochondrial genomes of other insects on the basis genome size and organization, DNA and putative amino acid sequence data, nucleotide substitutions, codon usage and bias, and patterns of AT enrichment...
- Kilpatrick D, Nottay B, Yang C, Yang S, Da Silva E, Peñaranda S, et al. Serotype-specific identification of polioviruses by PCR using primers containing mixed-base or deoxyinosine residues at positions of codon degeneracy. J Clin Microbiol. 1998;36:352-7 pubmed..These primers are useful for the rapid screening of poliovirus isolates and for determining the compositions of cultures containing mixtures of poliovirus serotypes. ..
- Lopez I, Arnold R, Lambeth J. Cloning and initial characterization of a human phospholipase D2 (hPLD2). ADP-ribosylation factor regulates hPLD2. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:12846-52 pubmed..Thus, not only PLD1 but also hPLD2 activity can be positively regulated by both phosphatidylinositol 4,5-bisphosphate and ARF. ..
- Massung R, Owens J, Ross D, Reed K, Petrovec M, Bjoersdorff A, et al. Sequence analysis of the ank gene of granulocytic ehrlichiae. J Clin Microbiol. 2000;38:2917-22 pubmed
- Daneshvar M, Hollis D, Steigerwalt A, Whitney A, Spangler L, Douglas M, et al. Assignment of CDC weak oxidizer group 2 (WO-2) to the genus Pandoraea and characterization of three new Pandoraea genomospecies. J Clin Microbiol. 2001;39:1819-26 pubmed..This study also shows that Pandoraea isolates may be encountered in blood cultures from patients without cystic fibrosis. ..
- Wu G, Wu M, Wang S, Liu Z, Qu P, Peng Q, et al. Isolation and characterization of the major form of human MUC18 cDNA gene and correlation of MUC18 over-expression in prostate cancer cell lines and tissues with malignant progression. Gene. 2001;279:17-31 pubmed..Furthermore, the lacking of predominant cytoplasmic membrane expression of MUC18 appeared to correlate with malignant progression of prostate cancer. ..
- Bowen M, Trappier S, Sanchez A, Meyer R, Goldsmith C, Zaki S, et al. A reassortant bunyavirus isolated from acute hemorrhagic fever cases in Kenya and Somalia. Virology. 2001;291:185-90 pubmed..The association of this reassortant bunyavirus, proposed name Garissa virus, with severe disease is supported by the detection of the virus RNA in acute-phase sera taken from 12 additional hemorrhagic fever cases in the region. ..
- Nimri L, Moura I, Huang L, del Rio C, Rimland D, Duchin J, et al. Genetic diversity of Pneumocystis carinii f. sp. hominis based on variations in nucleotide sequences of internal transcribed spacers of rRNA genes. J Clin Microbiol. 2002;40:1146-51 pubmed
- Wong A, Vallender E, Heretis K, Ilkin Y, Lahn B, Martin C, et al. Diverse fates of paralogs following segmental duplication of telomeric genes. Genomics. 2004;84:239-47 pubmed publisher..This study shows the importance of paralogous regions in the generation of transcriptional diversity and highlights the significance that large-scale telomeric duplication may play in this process...
- Towner J, Khristova M, Sealy T, Vincent M, Erickson B, Bawiec D, et al. Marburgvirus genomics and association with a large hemorrhagic fever outbreak in Angola. J Virol. 2006;80:6497-516 pubmed publisher..This is in contrast to the 1998 to 2000 marburgvirus outbreak, where evidence of several virus genetic lineages (with up to 21% divergence) and multiple virus introductions into the human population was found...
- Palmer M, Majumder P, Cooper J, Yoon H, Wade P, Boss J. Yin yang 1 regulates the expression of snail through a distal enhancer. Mol Cancer Res. 2009;7:221-9 pubmed publisher..Knockdown of YY1 in A375 cells led to decreased Snail expression. These results identify a role for YY1 in regulating transcription of Snail in melanoma cells through binding to the Snail 3' enhancer. ..
- Burzynski G, Delalande J, Shepherd I. Characterization of spatial and temporal expression pattern of SCG10 during zebrafish development. Gene Expr Patterns. 2009;9:231-7 pubmed publisher..Our results provide a starting point for future studies that will investigate the in vivo function of SCG10 orthologues in zebrafish neural development. ..
- Wojtowicz A, Shekaran A, Oest M, Dupont K, Templeman K, Hutmacher D, et al. Coating of biomaterial scaffolds with the collagen-mimetic peptide GFOGER for bone defect repair. Biomaterials. 2010;31:2574-82 pubmed publisher..This biomaterial coating strategy represents a cost-effective and facile approach, translatable into a robust clinical therapy for musculoskeletal applications. ..
- Kersh G, Lambourn D, Self J, Akmajian A, Stanton J, Baszler T, et al. Coxiella burnetii infection of a Steller sea lion (Eumetopias jubatus) found in Washington State. J Clin Microbiol. 2010;48:3428-31 pubmed publisher..This is the first description of coxiellosis in a sea lion and suggests that exposure to sea lions may be a risk factor for contracting Q fever...
- Wang H, Gao X, Yang J, Liu Z. Interaction between p68 RNA helicase and Ca2+-calmodulin promotes cell migration and metastasis. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1354 pubmed publisher..Further, microtubule gliding assays demonstrate that p68, in the presence of Ca-calmodulin, can function as a microtubule motor. This motor activity may allow p68 to transport Ca-calmodulin to the leading edge of migrating cells. ..
- Das S, Hirano M, Aghaallaei N, Bajoghli B, Boehm T, Cooper M. Organization of lamprey variable lymphocyte receptor C locus and repertoire development. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:6043-8 pubmed publisher..Biased and repetitive use of certain donor LRR cassettes was demonstrable in mature VLRCs. Our analysis provides insight into the unique molecular strategies used for VLRC gene assembly and repertoire diversification...
- Kjos S, Marcet P, Yabsley M, Kitron U, Snowden K, Logan K, et al. Identification of bloodmeal sources and Trypanosoma cruzi infection in triatomine bugs (Hemiptera: Reduviidae) from residential settings in Texas, the United States. J Med Entomol. 2013;50:1126-39 pubmed
- Cavallaro K, Esposito J. Sequences of the raccoon poxvirus hemagglutinin protein. Virology. 1992;190:434-9 pubmed..The data are consistent with reports of hemagglutination-inhibition partial cross-reactivity between RCN, VPX, VV, and other orthopoxviruses and might lead to an explanation of the basis of syncytia formation by RCN, VPX, and SKP...
- Wong S, Abdelal A. Unorthodox expression of an enzyme: evidence for an untranslated region within carA from Pseudomonas aeruginosa. J Bacteriol. 1990;172:630-42 pubmed..The mRNA sequence was also deduced by in vitro synthesis of cDNA, enzymatic amplification, and sequencing, confirming that 12 nucleotides in the 5' terminal of carA are transcribed but are not translated. ..
- Hargrove J, Scoble H, Mathews W, Baumstark B, Biemann K. The structure of tyrosine aminotransferase. Evidence for domains involved in catalysis and enzyme turnover. J Biol Chem. 1989;264:45-53 pubmed..We speculate that the exposed small domain may confer the unusually rapid degradative rate that characterizes this enzyme. ..
- Church R, Wang J, Steele E. The human lens intrinsic membrane protein MP70 (Cx50) gene: clonal analysis and chromosome mapping. Curr Eye Res. 1995;14:215-21 pubmed..Of the other six connexin genes which have previously been assigned to a human chromosome, two of these, Cx37 and Cx40, are also found on chromosome 1. ..
- Kamdar K, Shelton M, Finnerty V. The Drosophila molybdenum cofactor gene cinnamon is homologous to three Escherichia coli cofactor proteins and to the rat protein gephyrin. Genetics. 1994;137:791-801 pubmed..Our results suggest that some portions of the prokaryotic cofactor biosynthetic pathway composed of monofunctional proteins have evolved into a multifunctional protein in higher eukaryotes. ..
- Khan B, Harrison D, Olbrych M, Alexander R, Medford R. Nitric oxide regulates vascular cell adhesion molecule 1 gene expression and redox-sensitive transcriptional events in human vascular endothelial cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1996;93:9114-9 pubmed..Through this mechanism, NO may function as an immunomodulator of the vessel wall and thus mediate inflammatory events involved in the pathogenesis of atherosclerosis...
- Shanmugam V, Chapman V, Sell K, Saha B. A novel Tth111I restriction fragment length polymorphism (RFLP) allows tracing of X-chromosome inactivation in the (Xid) heterozygote. Biochem Genet. 1996;34:17-29 pubmed..These results were further confirmed by direct evaluation of transcription of the Btk gene, the gene mutated both in Xid and in XLA. ..
- Henriques A, Bryan E, Beall B, Moran C. cse15, cse60, and csk22 are new members of mother-cell-specific sporulation regulons in Bacillus subtilis. J Bacteriol. 1997;179:389-98 pubmed..Finally, csk22 is inferred to encode a 18.2-kDa hydrophobic product with five possible membrane-spanning helices, which could function as a transporter. ..
- Ono S. Purification and biochemical characterization of actin from Caenorhabditis elegans: its difference from rabbit muscle actin in the interaction with nematode ADF/cofilin. Cell Motil Cytoskeleton. 1999;43:128-36 pubmed..The results indicate that C. elegans actin shares common biochemical properties with rabbit muscle actin, while actin-binding proteins can interact with C. elegans actin in a distinct manner from rabbit muscle actin. ..
- Sheng Z, He J, Tuppen J, Sun W, Fazili Z, Smith E, et al. Structure, sequence, and promoter analysis of human disabled-2 gene (DAB2). Genomics. 2000;70:381-6 pubmed..The information about the gene structure of DAB2 will enable us to analyze possible mutations and the mechanisms of loss of DAB2 expression in tumors. ..
- Kelavkar U, Wang S, Badr K. Ku autoantigen (DNA helicase) is required for interleukins-13/-4-induction of 15-lipoxygenase-1 gene expression in human epithelial cells. Genes Immun. 2000;1:237-50 pubmed
- Thayer W, Dao C, Ignatowicz L, Jensen P. A novel single chain I-A(b) molecule can stimulate and stain antigen-specific T cells. Mol Immunol. 2003;39:861-70 pubmed..The unique features of this molecule may be useful in the design of recombinant T cell receptor ligands containing peptides with low affinity for MHC. ..
- Zheng D, Zhu H, Revello M, Gerna G, Frey T. Phylogenetic analysis of rubella virus isolated during a period of epidemic transmission in Italy, 1991-1997. J Infect Dis. 2003;187:1587-97 pubmed..Thus, intercontinental importation of viruses also occurred...
- Honig J, Osborne J, Nichol S. The high genetic variation of viruses of the genus Nairovirus reflects the diversity of their predominant tick hosts. Virology. 2004;318:10-6 pubmed..Fossil and phylogenetic data placing the hard tick-soft tick divergence between 120 and 92 million years ago suggest an ancient origin for viruses of the genus Nairovirus...
- Loftis A, Reeves W, Szumlas D, Abbassy M, Helmy I, Moriarity J, et al. Surveillance of Egyptian fleas for agents of public health significance: Anaplasma, Bartonella, Coxiella, Ehrlichia, Rickettsia, and Yersinia pestis. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2006;75:41-8 pubmed..cheopis. Novel Bartonella genotypes were detected in X. cheopis and L. segnis from three cities. Coxiella burnetii was detected in two fleas. Anaplasma, Ehrlichia, and Y. pestis were not detected...
- Hartzell H, Qu Z, Yu K, Xiao Q, Chien L. Molecular physiology of bestrophins: multifunctional membrane proteins linked to best disease and other retinopathies. Physiol Rev. 2008;88:639-72 pubmed publisher..Bestrophins are also regulated by cell volume and may be a member of the volume-regulated anion channel family. ..
- Feng Y, Xie N, Wu J, Yang C, Zheng Y. Inhibitory study of protein arginine methyltransferase 1 using a fluorescent approach. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;379:567-72 pubmed publisher..By combining the fluorescent measurement with radioactive analysis, we determined that AMI-1 inhibits PRMT1 activity through the mechanism of blocking peptide substrate binding. ..
- Leung S, Apponi L, Cornejo O, Kitchen C, Valentini S, Pavlath G, et al. Splice variants of the human ZC3H14 gene generate multiple isoforms of a zinc finger polyadenosine RNA binding protein. Gene. 2009;439:71-8 pubmed publisher..Both nuclear and cytoplasmic ZC3H14 isoforms could have distinct effects on gene expression mediated by the common Cys(3)His zinc finger polyadenosine RNA binding domain. ..
- Singh B, Cabrera Mora M, Jiang J, Galinski M, Moreno A. Genetic linkage of autologous T cell epitopes in a chimeric recombinant construct improves anti-parasite and anti-disease protective effect of a malaria vaccine candidate. Vaccine. 2010;28:2580-92 pubmed publisher..These studies show that protective efficacy can be significantly improved by inclusion of an array of autologous promiscuous T cell epitopes in vaccine constructs. ..
- Chang Y, Ganesh T, Horton J, Spannhoff A, Liu J, Sun A, et al. Adding a lysine mimic in the design of potent inhibitors of histone lysine methyltransferases. J Mol Biol. 2010;400:1-7 pubmed publisher..We suggest that adding a lysine or methyl-lysine mimic should be considered in the design of small-molecule inhibitors for other methyl-lysine writers, erasers, and readers. ..
- Pulit Penaloza J, Scherbik S, Brinton M. Activation of Oas1a gene expression by type I IFN requires both STAT1 and STAT2 while only STAT2 is required for Oas1b activation. Virology. 2012;425:71-81 pubmed publisher..The two promoters differ at a single nucleotide in the STAT site. The data indicate that these two duplicated genes can be differentially regulated by IFN beta. ..
- Carlson J, Schaefer M, Mónaco D, Batorsky R, Claiborne D, Prince J, et al. HIV transmission. Selection bias at the heterosexual HIV-1 transmission bottleneck. Science. 2014;345:1254031 pubmed publisher..Thus, preventative or therapeutic approaches that even marginally reduce viral fitness may lower the overall transmission rates and offer long-term benefits even upon successful transmission. ..
- Jones P, Ping D, Boss J. Tumor necrosis factor alpha and interleukin-1beta regulate the murine manganese superoxide dismutase gene through a complex intronic enhancer involving C/EBP-beta and NF-kappaB. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:6970-81 pubmed..These data functionally separate the MnSOD TNFRE into a region responsible for TNF activation and one that mediates induction when it is downstream of a promoter. ..
- Liu Y, Vidanes G, Lin Y, Mori S, Siede W. Characterization of a Saccharomyces cerevisiae homologue of Schizosaccharomyces pombe Chk1 involved in DNA-damage-induced M-phase arrest. Mol Gen Genet. 2000;262:1132-46 pubmed..In two-hybrid screens, we identified a heme-binding stress protein (encoded by the yeast ORF YNL234W), a protein involved in genomic silencing (Sas3) and Chk1 itself as interacting partners of Chk1. ..
- Gaudu P, Weiss B. Flavodoxin mutants of Escherichia coli K-12. J Bacteriol. 2000;182:1788-93 pubmed..However, the reactions in which flavodoxin II participates and its role during oxidative stress are unknown. ..
- Xiao L, Li L, Visvesvara G, Moura H, Didier E, Lal A. Genotyping Encephalitozoon cuniculi by multilocus analyses of genes with repetitive sequences. J Clin Microbiol. 2001;39:2248-53 pubmed..Intragenotypic variation was also observed at the SWP-1 locus. Based on the length polymorphism and sequence diversities of the PTP and SWP-1 genes, two simple PCR tests were developed to differentiate E. cuniculi in clinical samples...
- Gay K, Stephens D. Structure and dissemination of a chromosomal insertion element encoding macrolide efflux in Streptococcus pneumoniae. J Infect Dis. 2001;184:56-65 pubmed publisher..In metropolitan Atlanta, macrolide resistance due to mega rapidly increased in S. pneumoniae by clonal expansion and horizontally by transformation...
- Fu M, Zhang J, Zhu X, Myles D, Willson T, Liu X, et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma inhibits transforming growth factor beta-induced connective tissue growth factor expression in human aortic smooth muscle cells by interfering with Smad3. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:45888-94 pubmed..Taken together, the data suggest that PPAR gamma inhibits TGF-beta-induced CTGF expression in HASMCs by directly interfering with the Smad3 signaling pathway. ..
- Perelygina L, Zhu L, Zurkuhlen H, Mills R, Borodovsky M, Hilliard J. Complete sequence and comparative analysis of the genome of herpes B virus (Cercopithecine herpesvirus 1) from a rhesus monkey. J Virol. 2003;77:6167-77 pubmed
- Ivanov N, Trani M, Edmondson D. High-level expression and characterization of a highly functional Comamonas acidovorans xanthine dehydrogenase in Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Protein Expr Purif. 2004;37:72-82 pubmed..A method is also described to evaluate the suitability of P. aeruginosa and other organisms as potential expression hosts for five different sources of xdh genes...
- Oberste M, Michele S, Maher K, Schnurr D, Cisterna D, Junttila N, et al. Molecular identification and characterization of two proposed new enterovirus serotypes, EV74 and EV75. J Gen Virol. 2004;85:3205-12 pubmed..This paper proposes that these 14 isolates should be classified as members of two new human enterovirus types, enteroviruses 74 and 75 (EV74 and EV75). ..
- Kolachala V, Asamoah V, Wang L, Srinivasan S, Merlin D, Sitaraman S. Interferon-gamma down-regulates adenosine 2b receptor-mediated signaling and short circuit current in the intestinal epithelia by inhibiting the expression of adenylate cyclase. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:4048-57 pubmed..We propose that IFN-gamma may acutely affect global cAMP-mediated responses in the intestinal epithelia, thereby decreasing secretory responses, which may consequently aggravate inflammatory processes. ..
- Cheng G, Lambeth J. Alternative mRNA splice forms of NOXO1: differential tissue expression and regulation of Nox1 and Nox3. Gene. 2005;356:118-26 pubmed..These data suggest different tissue localizations and functions for NOXO1beta and NOXO1gamma in regulating Nox family members. ..
- Guo Z, Garg S, Hill K, Jayashankar L, Mooney M, Hoelscher M, et al. A distal regulatory region is required for constitutive and IFN-beta-induced expression of murine TLR9 gene. J Immunol. 2005;175:7407-18 pubmed..This study illustrates the crucial roles for AP-1, IRF-1, IRF-2, and STAT1 in the regulation of murine TLR9 expression. ..
- Aydin Z, Altunbasak Y, Borodovsky M. Protein secondary structure prediction for a single-sequence using hidden semi-Markov models. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006;7:178 pubmed..Current and future advances should contribute to the improvement of function prediction for orphan proteins inscrutable to current similarity search methods. ..
- Abdulovic A, Minesinger B, Jinks Robertson S. Identification of a strand-related bias in the PCNA-mediated bypass of spontaneous lesions by yeast Poleta. DNA Repair (Amst). 2007;6:1307-18 pubmed..Our results suggest that there is a polymerase hierarchy between Poleta and Polzeta in the bypass of certain lesions and that the interaction of Poleta with PCNA is needed for some, but not all, spontaneous lesion bypass. ..
- Osborne J, Da Silva M, Frace A, Sammons S, Olsen Rasmussen M, Upton C, et al. Genomic differences of Vaccinia virus clones from Dryvax smallpox vaccine: the Dryvax-like ACAM2000 and the mouse neurovirulent Clone-3. Vaccine. 2007;25:8807-32 pubmed..The sequence information for ACAM2000 and CL3 could be significant for resolving the dynamics of their different proteomes and thereby aid development of safer, more effective vaccines. ..
- Kawahara T, Lambeth J. Phosphatidylinositol (4,5)-bisphosphate modulates Nox5 localization via an N-terminal polybasic region. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:4020-31 pubmed publisher..In contrast, mutation in PBR-C did not affect localization. Thus, extracellular ROS production by Nox5 is modulated by PtdIns(4,5)P(2) by localizing Nox5 to the plasma membrane. ..
- Mandl J, Barry A, Vanderford T, Kozyr N, Chavan R, Klucking S, et al. Divergent TLR7 and TLR9 signaling and type I interferon production distinguish pathogenic and nonpathogenic AIDS virus infections. Nat Med. 2008;14:1077-87 pubmed publisher..Such a vicious cycle of continuous virus replication and immunopathology is absent in natural sooty mangabey hosts...
- Vance K, Hansen K, Traynelis S. GluN1 splice variant control of GluN1/GluN2D NMDA receptors. J Physiol. 2012;590:3857-75 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate that the GluN1 subunit is a key determinant of the kinetic and pharmacological properties of GluN2D-containing NMDA receptors. ..
- Xu P, Tan H, Duong D, Yang Y, Kupsco J, Moberg K, et al. Stable isotope labeling with amino acids in Drosophila for quantifying proteins and modifications. J Proteome Res. 2012;11:4403-12 pubmed publisher..Together, the data demonstrate the application of the SILAC principle in D. melanogaster, facilitating the integration of powerful fly genomics with emerging proteomics. ..
- Abernathy E, Chen M, Bera J, Shrivastava S, Kirkness E, Zheng Q, et al. Analysis of whole genome sequences of 16 strains of rubella virus from the United States, 1961-2009. Virol J. 2013;10:32 pubmed publisher..Phylogenetic analysis confirmed genotype groupings originally based on structural protein coding region sequences, which provides support for the WHO nomenclature for genetic characterization of wild-type rubella viruses. ..
- Musille P, Pathak M, Lauer J, Griffin P, Ortlund E. Divergent sequence tunes ligand sensitivity in phospholipid-regulated hormone receptors. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:20702-12 pubmed publisher..This work provides a structural mechanism for the differential tuning of PL sensitivity in NR5A orthologs and supports the use of mice as viable therapeutic models for LRH-1-dependent diseases. ..
- Schureck M, Maehigashi T, Miles S, Marquez J, Cho S, Erdman R, et al. Structure of the Proteus vulgaris HigB-(HigA)2-HigB toxin-antitoxin complex. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:1060-70 pubmed publisher..We further show that disruption of the HigB-(HigA)2-HigB tetramer to a HigBA heterodimer ablates operator binding. Taken together, our biochemical and structural studies elucidate the novel molecular details of the HigBA TA system. ..
- Robertson B, Jansen R, Khanna B, Totsuka A, Nainan O, Siegl G, et al. Genetic relatedness of hepatitis A virus strains recovered from different geographical regions. J Gen Virol. 1992;73 ( Pt 6):1365-77 pubmed..These data indicate that patterns of endemic transmission can be differentiated from situations in which infections are imported due to travel. ..
- Hagman K, Pan W, Spratt B, Balthazar J, Judd R, Shafer W. Resistance of Neisseria gonorrhoeae to antimicrobial hydrophobic agents is modulated by the mtrRCDE efflux system. Microbiology. 1995;141 ( Pt 3):611-22 pubmed publisher..We propose that the 13 bp inverted-repeat sequence represents a transcriptional control element that regulates expression of the mtrRCDE gene complex, thereby modulating levels of gonococcal susceptibility to HAs...
- Nicholson W, Comer J, Sumner J, Gingrich Baker C, Coughlin R, Magnarelli L, et al. An indirect immunofluorescence assay using a cell culture-derived antigen for detection of antibodies to the agent of human granulocytic ehrlichiosis. J Clin Microbiol. 1997;35:1510-6 pubmed..equi as an antigen. The new assay offers several advantages over other immunofluorescence methods that use animal-derived antigen and is suitable for use in testing for human antibodies to the HGE agent. ..
- Li S, Hosseini S, Gutekunst C, Hersch S, Ferrante R, Li X. A human HAP1 homologue. Cloning, expression, and interaction with huntingtin. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:19220-7 pubmed..Despite similar binding properties of rat HAP1 and hHAP, differences in the sequences and expression of hHAP may contribute to a specific role for its interaction with huntingtin in humans. ..
- Novembre F, de Rosayro J, O Neil S, Anderson D, Klumpp S, McClure H. Isolation and characterization of a neuropathogenic simian immunodeficiency virus derived from a sooty mangabey. J Virol. 1998;72:8841-51 pubmed..This virus should provide an excellent system for investigating the mechanism of lentivirus-induced neurologic disease...
- Boman A, Zhang C, Zhu X, Kahn R. A family of ADP-ribosylation factor effectors that can alter membrane transport through the trans-Golgi. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:1241-55 pubmed
- Wang J, Miller S, Falls D. The N-terminal region of neuregulin isoforms determines the accumulation of cell surface and released neuregulin ectodomain. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:2841-51 pubmed
- Dong A, Yoder J, Zhang X, Zhou L, Bestor T, Cheng X. Structure of human DNMT2, an enigmatic DNA methyltransferase homolog that displays denaturant-resistant binding to DNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 2001;29:439-48 pubmed..While the biological function of DNMT2 is not yet known, the strong binding to DNA suggests that DNMT2 may mark specific sequences in the genome by binding to DNA through the specific target-recognizing motif. ..
- Yang H, Wang S, Liu Z, Wu M, McAlpine B, Ansel J, et al. Isolation and characterization of mouse MUC18 cDNA gene, and correlation of MUC18 expression in mouse melanoma cell lines with metastatic ability. Gene. 2001;265:133-45 pubmed..Most biological functions of the muMUC18 may be similar to the huMUC18. ..
- Martin M, Tsai T, Cropp B, Chang G, Holmes D, Tseng J, et al. Fever and multisystem organ failure associated with 17D-204 yellow fever vaccination: a report of four cases. Lancet. 2001;358:98-104 pubmed..Yellow fever remains an important cause of illness and death in South America and Africa; hence, vaccination should be maintained until the frequency of these events is quantified. ..
- Marinovic A, Zheng B, Mitch W, Price S. Ubiquitin (UbC) expression in muscle cells is increased by glucocorticoids through a mechanism involving Sp1 and MEK1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:16673-81 pubmed..Thus, glucocorticoids increase UbC expression in muscle cells by a novel transcriptional mechanism involving Sp1 and MEK1. ..
- Tzeng Y, Datta A, Strole C, Kolli V, Birck M, Taylor W, et al. KpsF is the arabinose-5-phosphate isomerase required for 3-deoxy-D-manno-octulosonic acid biosynthesis and for both lipooligosaccharide assembly and capsular polysaccharide expression in Neisseria meningitidis. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:24103-13 pubmed..Furthermore, N. meningitidis, unlike enteric Gram-negative bacteria, can survive and synthesize only unglycosylated lipid A. ..
- Katzif S, Danavall D, Bowers S, Balthazar J, Shafer W. The major cold shock gene, cspA, is involved in the susceptibility of Staphylococcus aureus to an antimicrobial peptide of human cathepsin G. Infect Immun. 2003;71:4304-12 pubmed..The results indicate for the first time that a physiologic link exists between bacterial susceptibility to an antimicrobial peptide and a stress response system...