Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on humans in Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Locale: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Publications2030 found, 100 shown here
- Nagarajan U, Bushey A, Boss J. Modulation of gene expression by the MHC class II transactivator. J Immunol. 2002;169:5078-88 pubmed..Of note was the identification of a set of genes localized to chromosome 1p34-35. The global modulation of genes in a local region suggests that this region may share some regulatory control with the MHC. ..
- Ceman S, O donnell W, Reed M, Patton S, Pohl J, Warren S. Phosphorylation influences the translation state of FMRP-associated polyribosomes. Hum Mol Genet. 2003;12:3295-305 pubmed..Our data suggest that the phosphorylation may regulate FMRP and that the release of FMRP-induced translational suppression may involve a dephosphorylation signal. ..
- Huang V, Gortney J. Risk of serotonin syndrome with concomitant administration of linezolid and serotonin agonists. Pharmacotherapy. 2006;26:1784-93 pubmed..Clinicians should obtain complete drug histories to identify patients at risk, strictly monitor drug therapy including concomitant drugs, and receive education about this potential drug interaction and the symptoms of serotonin syndrome...
- Paddock C, Sanden G, Cherry J, Gal A, Langston C, Tatti K, et al. Pathology and pathogenesis of fatal Bordetella pertussis infection in infants. Clin Infect Dis. 2008;47:328-38 pubmed publisher..These responses ultimately compromise pulmonary blood flow, exacerbate hypoxemia, and create a vicious cycle of refractory pulmonary hypertension. ..
- Smith A, Lange L, Ampleford E, Meyers D, Bleecker E, Howard T. Association of polymorphisms in CASP10 and CASP8 with FEV(1)/FVC and bronchial hyperresponsiveness in ethnically diverse asthmatics. Clin Exp Allergy. 2008;38:1738-44 pubmed publisher..025) and Hispanic (P=0.033) populations, respectively. These data suggest a role for CASP10 as a potential modifier of the asthma phenotype, specifically with measures of airway obstruction and BHR. ..
- McLean J, Carlson G, Losken A. The pectoralis major myocutaneous flap revisited: a reliable technique for head and neck reconstruction. Ann Plast Surg. 2010;64:570-3 pubmed publisher..Patients who had radiation therapy had significantly higher complication rates. The PMMF flap remains a very versatile technique with proven reliability for soft tissue coverage of many head and neck defects...
- Saydah S, Pavkov M, Zhang C, Lacher D, Eberhardt M, Burrows N, et al. Albuminuria prevalence in first morning void compared with previous random urine from adults in the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2009-2010. Clin Chem. 2013;59:675-83 pubmed publisher..6%) than first morning urine (12.7%) or random spot urine only (15.2%). ACR measured on random urine samples appears to overestimate the prevalence of albuminuria compared to first morning urine collections. ..
- Walker E. Risk factors, and the neurodevelopmental course of schizophrenia. Eur Psychiatry. 2002;17 Suppl 4:363s-369s pubmed..It is likely that preventive interventions for schizophrenia, be they pharmacological or behavioural, will have the best chance of success if they are directed at adolescents who are showing preschizophrenic indicators...
- Kaddi C, Phan J, Wang M. Computational nanomedicine: modeling of nanoparticle-mediated hyperthermal cancer therapy. Nanomedicine (Lond). 2013;8:1323-33 pubmed publisher..In this review, we focus on computational modeling of magnetic and gold nanoparticle-mediated hyperthermia, followed by a discussion of new opportunities and challenges. ..
- Sterling K, Berg C, Thomas A, Glantz S, Ahluwalia J. Factors associated with small cigar use among college students. Am J Health Behav. 2013;37:325-33 pubmed publisher..Menthol cigarette smokers were more likely to smoke small cigars. Small cigar use and the co-occurrence of other tobacco and substance use should be addressed among college students. ..
- Wall K, Kilembe W, Vwalika B, Htee Khu N, Brill I, Chomba E, et al. Hormonal contraception does not increase women's HIV acquisition risk in Zambian discordant couples, 1994-2012. Contraception. 2015;91:480-7 pubmed publisher..We support promoting condoms for HIV prevention and increasing the contraceptive method mix to decrease unintended pregnancy. ..
- Rooks C, Ibeanu I, Shah A, Pimple P, Murrah N, Shallenberger L, et al. Young women post-MI have higher plasma concentrations of interleukin-6 before and after stress testing. Brain Behav Immun. 2016;51:92-8 pubmed publisher..Sustained concentrations of inflammation in young women, not their response to stress, may contribute to their adverse outcomes post-MI. ..
- Varga N, Stewart R, Bauer P. Integrating across episodes: Investigating the long-term accessibility of self-derived knowledge in 4-year-old children. J Exp Child Psychol. 2016;145:48-63 pubmed publisher..The findings also demonstrate the facilitative effect of reminders on the accessibility and further extension of knowledge over extended time periods. ..
- Berglund K, Tung J, Higashikubo B, Gross R, Moore C, Hochgeschwender U. Combined Optogenetic and Chemogenetic Control of Neurons. Methods Mol Biol. 2016;1408:207-25 pubmed publisher..We describe applications of this approach in cultured neurons in vitro, in brain slices ex vivo, and in awake and anesthetized animals in vivo. ..
- Lucchi N, Ljolje D, Silva Flannery L, Udhayakumar V. Use of Malachite Green-Loop Mediated Isothermal Amplification for Detection of Plasmodium spp. Parasites. PLoS ONE. 2016;11:e0151437 pubmed publisher..The MG-LAMP assay described here has great potential to extend the reach of molecular tools to settings where they are needed. ..
- Lairmore M, Roberts B, Frank D, Rovnak J, Weiser M, Cockerell G. Comparative biological responses of rabbits infected with human T-lymphotropic virus type I isolates from patients with lymphoproliferative and neurodegenerative disease. Int J Cancer. 1992;50:124-30 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest there is heterogeneity in the biological response to HTLV-I infection which is, in part, dependent on the infecting strain of virus. ..
- Nassar G, Morrow J, Roberts L, Lakkis F, Badr K. Induction of 15-lipoxygenase by interleukin-13 in human blood monocytes. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:27631-4 pubmed..The contrasting effects of interferon-gamma and IL-13 on 15-LO induction demonstrate mechanisms by which T-lymphocyte subsets may modulate macrophage/monocyte function in inflammation or atherosclerosis. ..
- Altekruse S, Cohen M, Swerdlow D. Emerging foodborne diseases. Emerg Infect Dis. 1997;3:285-93 pubmed..Addressing emerging foodborne diseases will require more sensitive and rapid surveillance, enhanced methods of laboratory identification and subtyping, and effective prevention and control. ..
- Zhou M, Gu L, Li F, Zhu Y, Woods W, Findley H. DNA damage induces a novel p53-survivin signaling pathway regulating cell cycle and apoptosis in acute lymphoblastic leukemia cells. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2002;303:124-31 pubmed..Furthermore, our data indicate that loss of wt-p53 function in tumor cells may contribute to up-regulation of survivin and resistance to DNA-damaging agents. ..
- Dowling N, Austin H, Dilley A, Whitsett C, Evatt B, Hooper W. The epidemiology of venous thromboembolism in Caucasians and African-Americans: the GATE Study. J Thromb Haemost. 2003;1:80-7 pubmed..Our findings underscore the need to determine gene polymorphisms associated with VTE in African-Americans. ..
- Mathieu E, Deming M, Lammie P, McLaughlin S, Beach M, Deodat D, et al. Comparison of methods for estimating drug coverage for filariasis elimination, Leogane Commune, Haiti. Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg. 2003;97:501-5 pubmed..These methods may have a role for monitoring drug treatment coverage between less frequent, but more costly, probability sample surveys...
- Perry B, Govindarajan B, Bhandarkar S, Knaus U, Valo M, Sturk C, et al. Pharmacologic blockade of angiopoietin-2 is efficacious against model hemangiomas in mice. J Invest Dermatol. 2006;126:2316-22 pubmed..3 hemangioma growth in vivo. Signal-transduction blockade targeting ang-2 production may be useful in the treatment of human hemangiomas in vivo. ..
- Milstein B, Homer J, Hirsch G. Analyzing national health reform strategies with a dynamic simulation model. Am J Public Health. 2010;100:811-9 pubmed publisher..A software interface allows diverse stakeholders to interact with the model through a policy simulation game called HealthBound. ..
- Neujahr D, Mohammed A, Ulukpo O, Force S, Ramirez A, Pelaez A, et al. Surgical correction of gastroesophageal reflux in lung transplant patients is associated with decreased effector CD8 cells in lung lavages: a case series. Chest. 2010;138:937-43 pubmed publisher..05). No significant changes in spirometry were observed during the study interval. Surgical correction of GF is associated with a decreased frequency of potentially injurious effector CD8 cells in the BAL of lung transplant recipients. ..
- Bolliger D, Szlam F, Azran M, Koyama K, Levy J, Molinaro R, et al. The anticoagulant effect of protamine sulfate is attenuated in the presence of platelets or elevated factor VIII concentrations. Anesth Analg. 2010;111:601-8 pubmed publisher..The present data suggest that excess protamine might potentially increase bleeding in the case of severe thrombocytopenia or low factor VIII. ..
- Lawson A, Ahmad H, Sambanis A. Cytotoxicity effects of cryoprotectants as single-component and cocktail vitrification solutions. Cryobiology. 2011;62:115-22 pubmed publisher..The incorporation of these results in the rational design of CPA addition/removal processes in vitrification is discussed. ..
- Mahaseth H, Kaufman J. Optimizing stem cell collection through CXCR4 antagonists. Front Biosci (Schol Ed). 2012;4:611-9 pubmed..This review article describes the development of plerixafor to mobilize stem cells and optimal strategies for stem cell collection from peripheral blood. ..
- Cleveland A, Farley M, Harrison L, Stein B, Hollick R, Lockhart S, et al. Changes in incidence and antifungal drug resistance in candidemia: results from population-based laboratory surveillance in Atlanta and Baltimore, 2008-2011. Clin Infect Dis. 2012;55:1352-61 pubmed publisher..Further surveillance for antifungal resistance and efforts to determine effective prevention strategies are needed. ..
- Townsend M, MacNeil A, Reynolds M, Hughes C, Olson V, Damon I, et al. Evaluation of the Tetracore Orthopox BioThreat® antigen detection assay using laboratory grown orthopoxviruses and rash illness clinical specimens. J Virol Methods. 2013;187:37-42 pubmed publisher..Results suggest applicability for use of the BioThreat® Alert assay as a rapid screening assay and point of care diagnosis for suspect human monkeypox cases. ..
- Neamu R, Martin G. Fluid management in acute respiratory distress syndrome. Curr Opin Crit Care. 2013;19:24-30 pubmed publisher..The role of colloids and other pharmacological agents deserves further investigation. ..
- Shrewsberry A, Sica G, Osunkoya A, Canter D. Epithelioid PEComa (epithelioid angiomyolipoma) of the kidney: a rare tumor subtype for patients presenting with an enhancing renal mass. Can J Urol. 2013;20:6643-5 pubmed..0 cm right renal mass that was difficult to characterize radiographically preoperatively. The patient underwent a right radical nephrectomy, and pathology revealed a renal epithelioid PEComa. ..
- Marks S, Cronin W, Venkatappa T, Maltas G, Chon S, Sharnprapai S, et al. The health-system benefits and cost-effectiveness of using Mycobacterium tuberculosis direct nucleic acid amplification testing to diagnose tuberculosis disease in the United States. Clin Infect Dis. 2013;57:532-42 pubmed publisher..MTD improved diagnostic accuracy and timeliness and reduced unnecessary respiratory isolation, treatment, and contact investigations. It was cost saving in patients with HIV, homelessness, or substance abuse, but not in others. ..
- Drenkard C, Bao G, Dennis G, Kan H, Jhingran P, Molta C, et al. Burden of systemic lupus erythematosus on employment and work productivity: data from a large cohort in the southeastern United States. Arthritis Care Res (Hoboken). 2014;66:878-87 pubmed publisher..Major factors that negatively impact work outcomes are fatigue, disease activity, and organ damage. More effective treatments along with coping strategies at the workplace are needed to reduce the burden of SLE on work outcomes. ..
- Kaushik S, Cerci F, Miracle J, Pokharel A, Chen S, Chan Y, et al. Chronic pruritus in HIV-positive patients in the southeastern United States: its prevalence and effect on quality of life. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2014;70:659-664 pubmed publisher..Patients with HIV surveyed in a large clinic in the southeastern United States have a high prevalence of pruritus; HIV pruritus has a significant effect on QOL and itch is the most common skin manifestation found in this population. ..
- Hintz S, Barnes P, Bulas D, Slovis T, Finer N, Wrage L, et al. Neuroimaging and neurodevelopmental outcome in extremely preterm infants. Pediatrics. 2015;135:e32-42 pubmed publisher..Both late CUS and near-term MRI abnormalities were associated with outcomes, independent of early CUS and other factors, underscoring the relative prognostic value of near-term neuroimaging. ..
- Mamykina L, Heitkemper E, Smaldone A, Kukafka R, Cole Lewis H, Davidson P, et al. Structured scaffolding for reflection and problem solving in diabetes self-management: qualitative study of mobile diabetes detective. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 2016;23:129-36 pubmed publisher..This qualitative study suggested that MoDD was perceived as a useful tool in engaging individuals in self-monitoring, reflection, and problem solving. ..
- Nuss H, Hester L, Perry M, Stewart Briley C, Reagon V, Collins P. Applying the Social Ecological Model to Creating Asthma-Friendly Schools in Louisiana. J Sch Health. 2016;86:225-32 pubmed publisher..The SEM framework can be used for school-based programs to address successfully and improve asthma-related issues from the individual through policy levels. ..
- Mbaeyi C, Kamawal N, Porter K, Azizi A, Sadaat I, Hadler S, et al. Routine Immunization Service Delivery Through the Basic Package of Health Services Program in Afghanistan: Gaps, Challenges, and Opportunities. J Infect Dis. 2017;216:S273-S279 pubmed publisher..There is an urgent need to address manpower and infrastructural deficits in RI service delivery through the BPHS program, especially at the HSC level. ..
- Maguen S, Armistead L, Kalichman S. Predictors of HIV antibody testing among Gay, Lesbian, and bisexual youth. J Adolesc Health. 2000;26:252-7 pubmed..The final model explained 42% of the variance in HIV testing. Gay, Lesbian, and bisexual youth are at high risk for HIV infection and are often untested for HIV antibodies. ..
- Sullivan K, Belay E, Durbin R, Foster D, Nordenberg D. Epidemiology of Reye's syndrome, United States, 1991-1994: comparison of CDC surveillance and hospital admission data. Neuroepidemiology. 2000;19:338-44 pubmed..The true annual incidence of RS during the study years was probably between 0.2 and 1.1 cases per million population <18 years of age. ..
- Iwamoto M, Jernigan D, Guasch A, Trepka M, Blackmore C, Hellinger W, et al. Transmission of West Nile virus from an organ donor to four transplant recipients. N Engl J Med. 2003;348:2196-203 pubmed..Organ recipients receiving immunosuppressive drugs may be at high risk for severe disease after West Nile virus infection. Blood transfusion was the probable source of the West Nile virus viremia in the organ donor. ..
- Grossniklaus H, Waring G, Akor C, Castellano Sanchez A, Bennett K. Evaluation of hematoxylin and eosin and special stains for the detection of acanthamoeba keratitis in penetrating keratoplasties. Am J Ophthalmol. 2003;136:520-6 pubmed..To compare the efficacy of a battery of routine and special histologic stains for the detection of acanthamoeba keratitis...
- Allen S. International data. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2005;38 Suppl 1:S7-8 pubmed
- Kreiner L, Lee A. Endogenous and exogenous Ca2+ buffers differentially modulate Ca2+-dependent inactivation of Ca(v)2.1 Ca2+ channels. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:4691-8 pubmed..We conclude that Ca2+-dependent inactivation of Ca(v)2.1 depends on a subplasmalemmal Ca2+ microdomain that is affected by the amplitude of the Ca2+ current and differentially modulated by distinct Ca2+ buffers. ..
- Diaz Borjon A, Weyand C, Goronzy J. Treatment of chronic inflammatory diseases with biologic agents: opportunities and risks for the elderly. Exp Gerontol. 2006;41:1250-5 pubmed
- Reza A, Breiding M, Gulaid J, Mercy J, Blanton C, Mthethwa Z, et al. Sexual violence and its health consequences for female children in Swaziland: a cluster survey study. Lancet. 2009;373:1966-72 pubmed publisher..30 [1.70-3.11]). Knowledge of the high prevalence of sexual violence against girls in Swaziland and its associated serious health-related conditions and behaviours should be used to develop effective prevention strategies. UNICEF. ..
- Lessa F, Edwards J, Fridkin S, Tenover F, Horan T, Gorwitz R. Trends in incidence of late-onset methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infection in neonatal intensive care units: data from the National Nosocomial Infections Surveillance System, 1995-2004. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2009;28:577-81 pubmed publisher..The incidence of late-onset MRSA infections increased substantially between 1995 and 2004, indicating a need to reinforce infection control recommendations and to explore potential sources and routes of transmission. ..
- MacFarquhar J, Jones T, Woron A, Kainer M, Whitney C, Beall B, et al. Outbreak of late-onset group B Streptococcus in a neonatal intensive care unit. Am J Infect Control. 2010;38:283-8 pubmed publisher..We identified a multiclonal cluster of 5 late-onset GBS cases. Multiple factors likely contributed to the outbreak, including nosocomial transmission of GBS. Further efforts to prevent late-onset GBS disease are necessary. ..
- Li J, Giver C, Lu Y, Hossain M, Akhtari M, Waller E. Separating graft-versus-leukemia from graft-versus-host disease in allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation. Immunotherapy. 2009;1:599-621 pubmed..In this review, we will summarize new findings that support a more complex model for the initiation of GvHD and GvL activities in allogeneic HSCT, and discuss the potential of novel strategies to enhance GvL activity of the transplant. ..
- Stockman L, Reed C, Kallen A, Finelli L, Anderson L. Respiratory syncytial virus and Staphylococcus aureus coinfection in children hospitalized with pneumonia. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2010;29:1048-50 pubmed publisher..RSV-S. aureus patients were younger and had less medical comorbidity than those without RSV. ..
- Xiong S, Salazar G, Patrushev N, Alexander R. FoxO1 mediates an autofeedback loop regulating SIRT1 expression. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:5289-99 pubmed publisher..This signaling network may coordinate multiple pathways acting upon immune, inflammatory, regenerative, and metabolic processes. ..
- Reef S, Redd S, Abernathy E, Kutty P, Icenogle J. Evidence used to support the achievement and maintenance of elimination of rubella and congenital rubella syndrome in the United States. J Infect Dis. 2011;204 Suppl 2:S593-7 pubmed publisher..Rigorous data evaluation must be conducted to look for inconsistencies among the available data. To maintain elimination, countries should maintain high vaccine coverage, adequate surveillance, and rapid response to outbreaks. ..
- Antao V, Larson T, Horton D. Libby vermiculite exposure and risk of developing asbestos-related lung and pleural diseases. Curr Opin Pulm Med. 2012;18:161-7 pubmed publisher..The resulting studies have added much to the body of knowledge concerning health effects of exposures to Libby amphibole fibers specifically and asbestos exposure in general. ..
- Biousse V, Bruce B, Newman N. Update on the pathophysiology and management of idiopathic intracranial hypertension. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2012;83:488-94 pubmed publisher..However, many questions remain regarding the efficacy of acetazolamide, CSF shunting procedures and cerebral transverse venous sinus stenting. ..
- Brzozowski A, Silk B, Berkelman R, Loveys D, Caliendo A. Use, location, and timeliness of clinical microbiology testing in Georgia for select infectious diseases. J Public Health Manag Pract. 2012;18:E4-E10 pubmed publisher..These unsettling findings have adverse implications for both patient care and public health surveillance; they indicate an immediate need to study nationally the use and timeliness of clinical microbiologic testing. ..
- Cromwell E, King J, McPherson S, Jip F, Patterson A, Mosher A, et al. Monitoring of mass distribution interventions for trachoma in Plateau State, Nigeria. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2013;7:e1995 pubmed publisher..CRS for evaluation of MDA provides a useful additional monitoring tool to CDD registers. These data support modification of distributor training and MDA delivery to increase coverage in subsequent rounds of MDA. ..
- Go Y, Jones D. Thiol/disulfide redox states in signaling and sensing. Crit Rev Biochem Mol Biol. 2013;48:173-81 pubmed publisher..Biological responses to cadmium, a widespread environmental agent, are used to illustrate the utility of these advances to the understanding of complex pleiotropic toxicities. ..
- Coleman E, Delea K, Everstine K, Reimann D, Ripley D. Handling practices of fresh leafy greens in restaurants: receiving and training. J Food Prot. 2013;76:2126-31 pubmed publisher..The information provided from this study can be used to promote additional efforts that will assist in developing interventions to prevent future foodborne illness outbreaks associated with leafy greens. ..
- Drexler N, Dahlgren F, Heitman K, Massung R, Paddock C, Behravesh C. National Surveillance of Spotted Fever Group Rickettsioses in the United States, 2008-2012. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2016;94:26-34 pubmed publisher..Use of PCR and improved documentation of clinical signs, such as eschars, will better differentiate risk factors, incidence, and clinical outcomes of specific rickettsioses in the future. ..
- Alsoufi B, McCracken C, Schlosser B, Sachdeva R, Well A, Kogon B, et al. Outcomes of multistage palliation of infants with functional single ventricle and heterotaxy syndrome. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2016;151:1369-77.e2 pubmed publisher..Nonetheless, outcomes beyond hospital discharge are comparable to those for patients with other single ventricle anomalies. Efforts to improve survival in those patients should focus on perioperative care. ..
- Liu Z, He K, Ma Q, Yu Q, Liu C, Ndege I, et al. Autophagy inhibitor facilitates gefitinib sensitivity in vitro and in vivo by activating mitochondrial apoptosis in triple negative breast cancer. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0177694 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrated that targeting autophagy should be considered as an effective therapeutic strategy to enhance the sensitivity of EGFR inhibitors on TNBC. ..
- Yoon Y, Waring G, Stulting R, Edelhauser H, Grossniklaus H. Keratocyte repopulation in epikeratoplasty specimens. Cornea. 1998;17:180-4 pubmed..To study the histology and pattern of keratocyte repopulation of surgically removed human epikeratoplasty lenticules...
- Longo N, Scaglia F, Wang Y. Insulin increases the turnover rate of Na+-K+-ATPase in human fibroblasts. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2001;280:C912-9 pubmed..These results indicate that insulin increases the turnover rate of Na+-K+-ATPases of human fibroblasts without affecting their number on the plasma membrane or modifying their dependence on intracellular [Na+]...
- Ostrowsky B, Whitener C, Bredenberg H, Carson L, Holt S, Hutwagner L, et al. Serratia marcescens bacteremia traced to an infused narcotic. N Engl J Med. 2002;346:1529-37 pubmed..Our findings underscore the risk of complications in patients that is associated with illicit narcotic use by health care workers. ..
- Wu K, Tai P. Cys32 and His105 are the critical residues for the calcium-dependent cysteine proteolytic activity of CvaB, an ATP-binding cassette transporter. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:901-9 pubmed
- Bhatia A, Gow K, Heiss K, Barr G, Wulkan M. Is the use of laparoscopy to determine presence of contralateral patent processus vaginalis justified in children greater than 2 years of age?. J Pediatr Surg. 2004;39:778-81 pubmed..Because of the low morbidity, the risk to benefit ratio warrants its use in children up to 8 years of age. This sample size is too small to make any meaningful statement in children older than 8 years. ..
- Logani S, Oliva E, Arnell P, Amin M, Young R. Use of novel immunohistochemical markers expressed in colonic adenocarcinoma to distinguish primary ovarian tumors from metastatic colorectal carcinoma. Mod Pathol. 2005;18:19-25 pubmed..Diffuse expression of all three markers (CDX2, beta-catenin and P504S) in a tumor in the ovary was found to be virtually diagnostic of metastasis from a colorectal primary in this study. ..
- Lea J, Greene T, Hebert L, Lipkowitz M, Massry S, Middleton J, et al. The relationship between magnitude of proteinuria reduction and risk of end-stage renal disease: results of the African American study of kidney disease and hypertension. Arch Intern Med. 2005;165:947-53 pubmed..The change in the level of proteinuria is a predictor of subsequent progression of hypertensive kidney disease at a given GFR. A prospective trial is needed to confirm this observation. ..
- Miles L, Agresta B, Khan M, Tang S, Levin J, Powell M. Effect of polypurine tract (PPT) mutations on human immunodeficiency virus type 1 replication: a virus with a completely randomized PPT retains low infectivity. J Virol. 2005;79:6859-67 pubmed..Together, these experiments confirm that the 3' end of the PPT is important for plus-strand priming and that a virus that completely lacks a PPT can replicate at a low level. ..
- Koontz C, Oliva V, Gow K, Wulkan M. Video-assisted thoracoscopic surgical excision of cystic lung disease in children. J Pediatr Surg. 2005;40:835-7 pubmed..5 +/- 1.9 (range 1-6) days. There were no conversions to thoracotomy and no complications. VATS technique appears to be a safe and effective technique in managing CLD in children of all ages. More patients, however, need to be studied. ..
- Wise S, DelGaudio J. Computer-aided surgery of the paranasal sinuses and skull base. Expert Rev Med Devices. 2005;2:395-408 pubmed..Finally, potential future applications of computer-aided surgery technology are discussed...
- Chen C, Chi K, George R, Cox D, Srivastava A, Rui Silva M, et al. Diagnosis of gastric syphilis by direct immunofluorescence staining and real-time PCR testing. J Clin Microbiol. 2006;44:3452-6 pubmed
- Samarin S, Ivanov A, Flatau G, Parkos C, Nusrat A. Rho/Rho-associated kinase-II signaling mediates disassembly of epithelial apical junctions. Mol Biol Cell. 2007;18:3429-39 pubmed..Thus, our findings demonstrate a central role of the GEF-H1/Rho/ROCK-II signaling pathway in the disassembly of AJC in epithelial cells. ..
- Arduino M, Lucero C, Patel P. Infections in dialysis patients. Nephrol News Issues. 2008;22:48-50, 53, 55-7 passim pubmed
- Calafat A, Needham L. What additional factors beyond state-of-the-art analytical methods are needed for optimal generation and interpretation of biomonitoring data?. Environ Health Perspect. 2009;117:1481-5 pubmed publisher..Biomonitoring programs would be strengthened with the inclusion of field blanks. ..
- Abd T, Jacobson T. Statin-induced myopathy: a review and update. Expert Opin Drug Saf. 2011;10:373-87 pubmed publisher..Observational studies estimate that 10 - 15% of statin users develop statin-related muscle side effects ranging from mild myalgia to more severe muscle symptoms with significant CPK elevations...
- Wiesen E, Wannemuehler K, Goodson J, Anand A, Mach O, Thapa A, et al. Stability of the age distribution of measles cases over time during outbreaks in Bangladesh, 2004-2006. J Infect Dis. 2011;204 Suppl 1:S414-20 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest a need to consider the possibility of a shift in the age distribution over time when planning an outbreak response vaccination campaign. ..
- Kissin D, Power M, Kahn E, Williams J, Jamieson D, MacFarlane K, et al. Attitudes and practices of obstetrician-gynecologists regarding influenza vaccination in pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol. 2011;118:1074-80 pubmed publisher..8, CI 0.7-0.9). Although most ob-gyns routinely offered influenza vaccination to pregnant patients, vaccination coverage rates may be improved by addressing logistic and financial challenges of vaccine providers. ..
- Koczor C, White R, Zhao P, Zhu L, Fields E, Lewis W. p53 and mitochondrial DNA: their role in mitochondrial homeostasis and toxicity of antiretrovirals. Am J Pathol. 2012;180:2276-83 pubmed publisher..Data herein indicate that overexpression of p53 in the mitochondria reduces mtDNA abundance and increases the sensitivity of mammalian cells to NRTI exposure by reducing mitochondrial function. ..
- Tai E, Buchanan N, Townsend J, Fairley T, Moore A, Richardson L. Health status of adolescent and young adult cancer survivors. Cancer. 2012;118:4884-91 pubmed publisher..Increased adherence to established follow-up guidelines may lead to improved health among AYA cancer survivors. ..
- Gao X, Wang H, Yang J, Chen J, Jie J, Li L, et al. Reciprocal regulation of protein kinase and pyruvate kinase activities of pyruvate kinase M2 by growth signals. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:15971-9 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests that the conversion between the pyruvate kinase and protein kinase activities of PKM2 may be an important mechanism mediating the effects of growth signals in promoting cell proliferation. ..
- Lochner K, Cox C. Prevalence of multiple chronic conditions among Medicare beneficiaries, United States, 2010. Prev Chronic Dis. 2013;10:E61 pubmed publisher..Our findings can help public health researchers target prevention and management strategies to improve care and reduce costs for people with multiple chronic conditions. ..
- Peterson C, Grosse S, Oster M, Olney R, Cassell C. Cost-effectiveness of routine screening for critical congenital heart disease in US newborns. Pediatrics. 2013;132:e595-603 pubmed publisher..We anticipate data from states that have recently approved or initiated CCHD screening will become available over the next few years to refine these projections. ..