Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Locale: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Publications926 found, 100 shown here
- Lee J, Prussia A, Paal T, White L, Snyder J, Plemper R. Functional interaction between paramyxovirus fusion and attachment proteins. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:16561-72 pubmed publisher..Their localization in structural models of F and H suggests that placement in particular of F residue 233 in close proximity to the 110-114 region of H is structurally conceivable. ..
- Rickard S, Ono S. Invariant chain+ N2a neuroblastoma cells stably expressing the class II MHC transactivator CIITA fail to stimulate anti-tumor immunity. Exp Mol Pathol. 2008;85:147-54 pubmed publisher..This absence of an anti-tumor immune response despite MHC II expression is likely due to the presence of invariant chain, in support of the MHCII(+)/Ii(-) paradigm. ..
- Dailey M, Bartness T. Appetitive and consummatory ingestive behaviors stimulated by PVH and perifornical area NPY injections. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2009;296:R877-92 pubmed publisher..These results support the view that NPY is involved in appetitive and consummatory ingestive behaviors, but each may be controlled by different brain areas and/or NPY receptor subtypes. ..
- Schroeder J, Cooper D, Schank J, Lyle M, Gaval Cruz M, Ogbonmwan Y, et al. Disulfiram attenuates drug-primed reinstatement of cocaine seeking via inhibition of dopamine ?-hydroxylase. Neuropsychopharmacology. 2010;35:2440-9 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that disulfiram's efficacy in the treatment of cocaine addiction is associated with the inhibition of DBH and interference with the ability of environmental stimuli to trigger relapse...
- Blanton J, Palmer D, Dyer J, Rupprecht C. Rabies surveillance in the United States during 2010. J Am Vet Med Assoc. 2011;239:773-83 pubmed publisher..Wisconsin reported a human rabies case involving a 70-year-old male that was confirmed to have been caused by a rabies virus variant associated with tri-colored bats (Perimyotis subflavus). ..
- Gaffga N, Barton Behravesh C, Ettestad P, Smelser C, Rhorer A, Cronquist A, et al. Outbreak of salmonellosis linked to live poultry from a mail-order hatchery. N Engl J Med. 2012;366:2065-73 pubmed publisher..In 2005, a cluster of human salmonella Montevideo infections with a rare pattern on pulsed-field gel electrophoresis (the outbreak strain) was identified by PulseNet, a national subtyping network...
- Go Y, Jones D. Thiol/disulfide redox states in signaling and sensing. Crit Rev Biochem Mol Biol. 2013;48:173-81 pubmed publisher..Biological responses to cadmium, a widespread environmental agent, are used to illustrate the utility of these advances to the understanding of complex pleiotropic toxicities. ..
- Diehl W, Johnson W, Hunter E. Elevated rate of fixation of endogenous retroviral elements in Haplorhini TRIM5 and TRIM22 genomic sequences: impact on transcriptional regulation. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58532 pubmed publisher..To our knowledge, this represents the first report of persistent evolutionary pressure for the capture of retroviral LTR insertions. ..
- Kwon M, Callaway H, Zhong J, Yedvobnick B. A targeted genetic modifier screen links the SWI2/SNF2 protein domino to growth and autophagy genes in Drosophila melanogaster. G3 (Bethesda). 2013;3:815-25 pubmed publisher..This genetic system should facilitate screens for additional loci associated with Dom function, and complement biochemical approaches to their regulatory activity. ..
- Chan C, Liu X, Zhao L, Liu G, Lee C, Feng Y, et al. PIKE is essential for oligodendroglia development and CNS myelination. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:1993-8 pubmed publisher..Moreover, myelin repair of lysolecithin-induced lesions is delayed in PIKE(-/-) brain. Thus, PIKE plays pivotal roles to advance OL development and myelinogenesis through Akt/mTOR activation. ..
- Lunceford B, Kubanek J. Reception of Aversive Taste. Integr Comp Biol. 2015;55:507-17 pubmed publisher..Comparing the molecular mechanisms and ecological consequences of aversive-taste reception among organisms in a variety of types of ecosystems and ecological niches will illuminate the role of taste in ecology and evolution. ..
- Deming R, Manrique Saide P, Medina Barreiro A, CardeÃ±a E, Che Mendoza A, Jones B, et al. Spatial variation of insecticide resistance in the dengue vector Aedes aegypti presents unique vector control challenges. Parasit Vectors. 2016;9:67 pubmed publisher..aegypti populations. The spatial variation that was detected in both resistance phenotypes and genotypes has practical implications, both for vector control operations as well as insecticide resistance management strategies. ..
- Ito A, Eckardt W, Stoinski T, Gillespie T, Tokiwa T. Gorilloflasca africana n.g., n.sp., (Entodiniomorphida) from wild habituated Virunga mountain gorillas (Gorilla beringei beringei) in Rwanda. Eur J Protistol. 2017;60:68-75 pubmed publisher..Gorilloflasca is a member of the family Blepharocorythidae based on the non-retractable adoral ciliary zone, the frontal lobe, the large posterior cavity and the vestibular longitudinal kineties. ..
- Choo H, Canner J, Vest K, Thompson Z, Pavlath G. A tale of two niches: differential functions for VCAM-1 in satellite cells under basal and injured conditions. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2017;313:C392-C404 pubmed publisher..However, only basal fusion of Vcam1-/- SC with myofibers was decreased, contributing to decreased myofiber growth. These studies define differential roles for VCAM-1 in SC depending on the state of their niche. ..
- Anand K. Clinical importance of pain and stress in preterm neonates. Biol Neonate. 1998;73:1-9 pubmed..Long-term follow-up studies of preterm neonates may substantiate the preliminary data associating repetitive painful experiences with some of the neurobehavioral and developmental sequelae resulting from neonatal intensive care. ..
- Kelly T, Padmalayam I, Baumstark B. Use of the cell division protein FtsZ as a means of differentiating among Bartonella species. Clin Diagn Lab Immunol. 1998;5:766-72 pubmed..These observations raise the possibility that the differences in ftsZ sequences can be used as the basis for diagnostic tests to differentiate among these closely related pathogens...
- Kellar K, Kalwar R, Dubois K, Crouse D, Chafin W, Kane B. Multiplexed fluorescent bead-based immunoassays for quantitation of human cytokines in serum and culture supernatants. Cytometry. 2001;45:27-36 pubmed..This methodology is applicable to many combinations of purified analytes and high-affinity antibodies. Published 2001 Wiley-Liss, Inc. ..
- Backer L, Niskar A, Rubin C, Blindauer K, Christianson D, Naeher L, et al. Environmental public health surveillance: possible estuary-associated syndrome. Environ Health Perspect. 2001;109 Suppl 5:797-801 pubmed..Five individuals have been identified as meeting PEAS criteria...
- Marinovic A, Zheng B, Mitch W, Price S. Ubiquitin (UbC) expression in muscle cells is increased by glucocorticoids through a mechanism involving Sp1 and MEK1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:16673-81 pubmed..Thus, glucocorticoids increase UbC expression in muscle cells by a novel transcriptional mechanism involving Sp1 and MEK1. ..
- Pazol K, Wilson M, Wallen K. Medroxyprogesterone acetate antagonizes the effects of estrogen treatment on social and sexual behavior in female macaques. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004;89:2998-3006 pubmed..The marked increase in aggression seen during MPA treatment suggests that production of negative affect may be a particularly serious side effect of MPA. ..
- Singh U, Singh S, Boyaka P, McGhee J, Lillard J. Granulocyte chemotactic protein-2 mediates adaptive immunity in part through IL-8Rbeta interactions. J Leukoc Biol. 2004;76:1240-7 pubmed..In contrast, cytokine and costimulatory molecule enhancement by GCP-2 was not induced by lymphocytes from IL-8Rbeta-/- mice, suggesting that GCP-2 modulates cellular immunity in part through IL-8Rbeta interactions. ..
- Arakaki A, Tian W, Skolnick J. High precision multi-genome scale reannotation of enzyme function by EFICAz. BMC Genomics. 2006;7:315 pubmed..These predictions can be mined and correlated with other information sources to generate biologically significant hypotheses and can be useful for comparative genome analysis and automated metabolic pathway reconstruction. ..
- Post D, Sandberg E, Kyle M, Devi N, Brat D, Xu Z, et al. Targeted cancer gene therapy using a hypoxia inducible factor dependent oncolytic adenovirus armed with interleukin-4. Cancer Res. 2007;67:6872-81 pubmed
- Winslow J. Mouse social recognition and preference. Curr Protoc Neurosci. 2003;Chapter 8:Unit 8.16 pubmed publisher..Recognition is noted by decreased investigation of a previously encountered animal. ..
- Nix W, Jiang B, Maher K, Strobert E, Oberste M. Identification of enteroviruses in naturally infected captive primates. J Clin Microbiol. 2008;46:2874-8 pubmed publisher..Three previously known simian enterovirus serotypes--SV6, SV19, and SV46--were among the viruses identified, but more than half of the identified viruses were previously unknown; these have been assigned as new types: EV92 and EV103. ..
- Penaloza MacMaster P, Masopust D, Ahmed R. T-cell reconstitution without T-cell immunopathology in two models of T-cell-mediated tissue destruction. Immunology. 2009;128:164-71 pubmed publisher..Also, the results suggest that it may be feasible to remodel T-cell responses, especially in immunocompromised hosts who receive adoptive cell transfers with many potential alloreactive cells. ..
- Lambdin B, Schmaedick M, McClintock S, Roberts J, Gurr N, Marcos K, et al. Dry season production of filariasis and dengue vectors in American Samoa and comparison with wet season production. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2009;81:1013-9 pubmed publisher..The high productivity for Ae. polynesiensis and Ae. aegypti pupae during the wet and dry seasons suggests that dengue and lymphatic filariasis transmission can occur throughout the year, consistent with the reporting of dengue cases. ..
- Martinez L, Albers H, Petrulis A. Blocking oxytocin receptors inhibits vaginal marking to male odors in female Syrian hamsters. Physiol Behav. 2010;101:685-92 pubmed publisher..Considered together, these results suggest that OT in MPOA-AH and/or BNST normally facilitates male odor-induced vaginal marking, providing further evidence that OT generally supports prosocial interactions among conspecifics. ..
- Li Y, Lein P, Liu C, Bruun D, Tewolde T, Ford G, et al. Spatiotemporal pattern of neuronal injury induced by DFP in rats: a model for delayed neuronal cell death following acute OP intoxication. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol. 2011;253:261-9 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate the feasibility of this model for testing neuroprotective strategies, and provide insight regarding therapeutic windows for effective pharmacological intervention following acute OP intoxication. ..
- Gilbert M, Tipping M, Veraksa A, Moberg K. A screen for conditional growth suppressor genes identifies the Drosophila homolog of HD-PTP as a regulator of the oncoprotein Yorkie. Dev Cell. 2011;20:700-12 pubmed publisher..These data establish Myopic as a Yorkie regulator and implicate Myopic-dependent association of Yorkie with endosomal compartments as a regulatory step in nuclear outputs of the SWH pathway. ..
- Cong M, Youngpairoj A, Zheng Q, Aung W, Mitchell J, Sweeney E, et al. Protection against rectal transmission of an emtricitabine-resistant simian/human immunodeficiency virus SHIV162p3M184V mutant by intermittent prophylaxis with Truvada. J Virol. 2011;85:7933-6 pubmed publisher..Increased susceptibility to tenofovir due to M184V and other factors, including residual antiviral activity by FTC and/or reduced virus fitness due to M184V, may all have contributed to the observed protection. ..
- Kellner W, Ramos E, Van Bortle K, Takenaka N, Corces V. Genome-wide phosphoacetylation of histone H3 at Drosophila enhancers and promoters. Genome Res. 2012;22:1081-8 pubmed publisher..Genome-wide analyses extend these conclusions to most Drosophila genes, showing that the presence of JIL-1, H3K9acS10ph, and H3K27acS28ph is a general feature of enhancers and promoters in this organism. ..
- Zeng J, Konopka G, Hunt B, Preuss T, Geschwind D, Yi S. Divergent whole-genome methylation maps of human and chimpanzee brains reveal epigenetic basis of human regulatory evolution. Am J Hum Genet. 2012;91:455-65 pubmed publisher..Thus, comparative studies of humans and chimpanzees stand to identify key epigenomic modifications underlying the evolution of human-specific traits. ..
- Uyeki T, Nguyen D, Rowe T, Lu X, Hu Primmer J, Huynh L, et al. Seroprevalence of antibodies to avian influenza A (H5) and A (H9) viruses among market poultry workers, Hanoi, Vietnam, 2001. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43948 pubmed publisher..The frequency of avian influenza A virus infections among poultry workers is not well understood...
- Go Y, Orr M, Jones D. Increased nuclear thioredoxin-1 potentiates cadmium-induced cytotoxicity. Toxicol Sci. 2013;131:84-94 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the results show that nuclear translocation and accumulation of redox-active Trx1 in nuclei play an important role in Cd-induced inflammation and cell death. ..
- Van Bortle K, Corces V. The role of chromatin insulators in nuclear architecture and genome function. Curr Opin Genet Dev. 2013;23:212-8 pubmed publisher..Here we reflect on current findings and our rapidly expanding understanding of insulators and their role in nuclear architecture and genome function. ..
- Gourley S, Olevska A, Zimmermann K, Ressler K, DiLeone R, Taylor J. The orbitofrontal cortex regulates outcome-based decision-making via the lateral striatum. Eur J Neurosci. 2013;38:2382-8 pubmed publisher..This compartmentalisation may apply to both 'natural', as in the case of food-reinforced behavior, and 'pathological', as in the case of cocaine-seeking, contexts. ..
- Nicholson C, Lambert J, Chow C, Lefer D, Calvert J. Chronic exercise downregulates myocardial myoglobin and attenuates nitrite reductase capacity during ischemia-reperfusion. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2013;64:1-10 pubmed publisher..Additionally, these results suggest that the modest infarct sparing effects of VE are the result of a decrease in the hearts ability to reduce nitrite to nitric oxide during MI/R. ..
- Maney D. Perils and pitfalls of reporting sex differences. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2016;371:20150119 pubmed publisher..As scientists, we should be interested in discovering and understanding the true sources of variation, which will be more informative in the development of clinical treatments. ..
- Farahat A, Kumar A, Say M, Wenzler T, Brun R, Paul A, et al. Exploration of DAPI analogues: Synthesis, antitrypanosomal activity, DNA binding and fluorescence properties. Eur J Med Chem. 2017;128:70-78 pubmed publisher..rhodesiense infected mice. Generally, the fluorescence properties of the new analogues are inferior to that of DAPI with the exception of compound 5i which shows a moderate increase in efficacy while compound 5k is comparable to DAPI. ..
- Stier M, Goleniewska K, Cephus J, Newcomb D, Sherrill T, Boyd K, et al. STAT1 Represses Cytokine-Producing Group 2 and Group 3 Innate Lymphoid Cells during Viral Infection. J Immunol. 2017;199:510-519 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data demonstrate that STAT1 is a key orchestrator of cytokine-producing ILC responses during viral infection via ILC-extrinsic regulation of IL-33 and IL-23. ..
- Kelavkar U, Badr K. Effects of mutant p53 expression on human 15-lipoxygenase-promoter activity and murine 12/15-lipoxygenase gene expression: evidence that 15-lipoxygenase is a mutator gene. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1999;96:4378-83 pubmed..The studies define a direct link between 15-LO activity and an established tumor-suppressor gene located in close chromosomal proximity. ..
- Tamin A, Harcourt B, Ksiazek T, Rollin P, Bellini W, Rota P. Functional properties of the fusion and attachment glycoproteins of Nipah virus. Virology. 2002;296:190-200 pubmed..Data from these biological assays support the taxonomic grouping of both HV and NV in the new genus, Henipavirus, within the family Paramyxoviridae. ..
- Votaw J, Byas Smith M, Hua J, Voll R, Martarello L, Levey A, et al. Interaction of isoflurane with the dopamine transporter. Anesthesiology. 2003;98:404-11 pubmed..Thus, [18F]FECNT appears to be an excellent agent for measuring plasma membrane-expressed DAT and evaluating DAT trafficking. ..
- Sung H, Meredith C, Johnson C, Galis Z. The effect of scaffold degradation rate on three-dimensional cell growth and angiogenesis. Biomaterials. 2004;25:5735-42 pubmed..Again, PLGA scaffolds demonstrated less cell mobilization and less angiogenesis, further supporting the negative effect of the acidic environment created by the degradation of biocompatible polymers. ..
- Long A, Ferguson A, Majumder P, Nagarajan U, Boss J. Conserved residues of the bare lymphocyte syndrome transcription factor RFXAP determine coordinate MHC class II expression. Mol Immunol. 2006;43:395-409 pubmed..These results show a distinction in factor recognition that is associated with specific MHC-II isotypes and may explain the basis of allele-specific expression differences. ..
- Sailaja G, Skountzou I, Quan F, Compans R, Kang S. Human immunodeficiency virus-like particles activate multiple types of immune cells. Virology. 2007;362:331-41 pubmed..VLPs containing FL were an effective form of antigen in activating immune cells via dendritic cells, and immunization with HIV VLPs containing FL resulted in enhanced T helper type 2-like immune responses. ..
- Person B, Addiss D, Bartholomew L, Meijer C, Pou V, Gonzalvez G, et al. A qualitative study of the psychosocial and health consequences associated with lymphedema among women in the Dominican Republic. Acta Trop. 2007;103:90-7 pubmed
- Wu X, Franka R, Velasco Villa A, Rupprecht C. Are all lyssavirus genes equal for phylogenetic analyses?. Virus Res. 2007;129:91-103 pubmed
- Yezhelyev M, Qi L, O Regan R, Nie S, Gao X. Proton-sponge coated quantum dots for siRNA delivery and intracellular imaging. J Am Chem Soc. 2008;130:9006-12 pubmed publisher..These new insights and capabilities represent a major step toward nanoparticle engineering for imaging and therapeutic applications. ..
- Silva Flannery L, Cabrera Mora M, Jiang J, Moreno A. Recombinant peptide replicates immunogenicity of synthetic linear peptide chimera for use as pre-erythrocytic stage malaria vaccine. Microbes Infect. 2009;11:83-91 pubmed publisher..yoelii sporozoites. Recombinant LPCs reproduced the immunogenicity of synthetic LPC(cys+) without requiring polymerization, improving prospects for use as malaria vaccines. ..
- Engberding N, San Martin A, Martin Garrido A, Koga M, Pounkova L, Lyons E, et al. Insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor expression masks the antiinflammatory and glucose uptake capacity of insulin in vascular smooth muscle cells. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2009;29:408-15 pubmed publisher..Therefore, IGF1R, which is susceptible to feedback regulation by its own ligand, may represent a novel target for interventions designed to treat insulin resistance in the vasculature. ..
- Johnson R, Zhou Y, Jain R, Lemire S, Fox S, Sabourin P, et al. Quantification of L-abrine in human and rat urine: a biomarker for the toxin abrin. J Anal Toxicol. 2009;33:77-84 pubmed..Quantification of L-abrine beyond 24 h is limited by rapid excretion of the biomarker and the level of the L-abrine dose...
- Krug L, Collins C, Gargano L, Speck S. NF-kappaB p50 plays distinct roles in the establishment and control of murine gammaherpesvirus 68 latency. J Virol. 2009;83:4732-48 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data demonstrate that p50 is required for immune control by the host and has distinct tissue-dependent roles in the regulation of murine gammaherpesvirus latency during chronic infection. ..
- Takemura Y, Goodson P, Bao H, Jain L, Helms M. Rac1-mediated NADPH oxidase release of O2- regulates epithelial sodium channel activity in the alveolar epithelium. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol. 2010;298:L509-20 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, we report that Rac1-mediated NOX2 activity is an important component in O(2)(-) regulation of ENaC. ..
- Brosnan S, Salwiczek L, Bshary R. The interplay of cognition and cooperation. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2010;365:2699-710 pubmed publisher..This paper spans the literature from bacteria to humans in our search for the key variables that link cooperation and deception to cognition. ..
- Abramowicz K, Rood M, Krueger L, Eremeeva M. Urban focus of Rickettsia typhi and Rickettsia felis in Los Angeles, California. Vector Borne Zoonotic Dis. 2011;11:979-84 pubmed publisher..3%, respectively. Although R. typhi still circulates in urban Los Angeles in the classic Oriental flea-rat cycle, R. felis is more prevalent, even in this association...
- Murnane K, Howell L. Neuroimaging and drug taking in primates. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2011;216:153-71 pubmed publisher..Nevertheless, these integrative approaches should have important implications for understanding drug taking behavior and the treatment of drug addiction. ..
- Deak E, Nelson M, Hernández Rodríguez Y, Gade L, Baddley J, Momany M, et al. Aspergillus terreus accessory conidia are multinucleated, hyperpolarizing structures that display differential dectin staining and can induce heightened inflammatory responses in a pulmonary model of aspergillosis. Virulence. 2011;2:200-7 pubmed..We present evidence that A. terreus AC are phenotypically distinct from PC and can be potent activators of the innate immune mechanism thus possibly playing a role in this organism's pathogenesis...
- Gallardo Romero N, Velasco Villa A, Weiss S, Emerson G, Carroll D, Hughes C, et al. Detection of North American orthopoxviruses by real time-PCR. Virol J. 2011;8:313 pubmed publisher..Thus, our assay is a promising tool for highly sensitive and specific detection of North American orthopoxviruses in the United States and abroad. ..
- Lillvis J, Gunaratne C, Katz P. Neurochemical and neuroanatomical identification of central pattern generator neuron homologues in Nudipleura molluscs. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31737 pubmed publisher..These identifications will allow future studies comparing and contrasting the physiological properties of C2 across species that can and cannot produce the type of swimming behavior exhibited by Tritonia. ..
- Dunlop B, Mansson E, Gerardi M. Pharmacological innovations for posttraumatic stress disorder and medication- enhanced psychotherapy. Curr Pharm Des. 2012;18:5645-58 pubmed..The next few years promise to produce insight into the neurobiology and clinical efficacy of several novel approaches in the pharmacologic treatment and prevention of PTSD. ..
- Diab T, Pritchard E, Uhrig B, Boerckel J, Kaplan D, Guldberg R. A silk hydrogel-based delivery system of bone morphogenetic protein for the treatment of large bone defects. J Mech Behav Biomed Mater. 2012;11:123-31 pubmed publisher..Based on these results, we conclude that a BMP-2 delivery system consisting of an electrospun PCL nanofiber mesh tube with a silk hydrogel presents an effective strategy for functional repair of large bone defects...
- Qadota H, Moerman D, Benian G. A molecular mechanism for the requirement of PAT-4 (integrin-linked kinase (ILK)) for the localization of UNC-112 (Kindlin) to integrin adhesion sites. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:28537-51 pubmed publisher..The following model is proposed. UNC-112 exists in closed inactive and open active conformations, and upon binding of PAT-4 to the UNC-112 N-terminal half, UNC-112 is converted into the open state, able to bind to PAT-3. ..
- Santangelo R, Acker T, Zimmerman S, Katzman B, Strong K, Traynelis S, et al. Novel NMDA receptor modulators: an update. Expert Opin Ther Pat. 2012;22:1337-52 pubmed publisher..First-in-class potentiators and subunit-selective agents form the basis for most new strategies, complemented by efforts to limit off-target liability and fine-tune on-target properties. ..
- Swanger S, He Y, Richter J, Bassell G. Dendritic GluN2A synthesis mediates activity-induced NMDA receptor insertion. J Neurosci. 2013;33:8898-908 pubmed publisher..These findings uncover a novel mechanism for cytoplasmic polyadenylation element-mediated posttranscriptional regulation of GluN2A mRNA to control NMDA receptor surface expression during synaptic plasticity. ..
- Merkenschlager J, Ploquin M, Eksmond U, Andargachew R, Thorborn G, Filby A, et al. Stepwise B-cell-dependent expansion of T helper clonotypes diversifies the T-cell response. Nat Commun. 2016;7:10281 pubmed publisher..B cells clonotypically diversify the CD4(+) T-cell response also to vaccination or tumour challenge, revealing a common effect. ..
- Gooch J, King C, Francis C, Garcia P, Bai Y. Cyclosporine A alters expression of renal microRNAs: New insights into calcineurin inhibitor nephrotoxicity. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0175242 pubmed publisher..These data provide a roadmap for future work to study the role of the known and novel candidate microRNAs in the mechanism of nephrotoxicity and their further therapeutic potential. ..
- Lucchesi J. Dosage compensation in Drosophila and the "complex' world of transcriptional regulation. Bioessays. 1996;18:541-7 pubmed
- Faqi A, Sherman D, Wang M, Pasquali M, Bayorh M, Thierry Palmer M. The calciuric response to dietary salt of Dahl salt-sensitive and salt-resistant female rats. Am J Med Sci. 2001;322:333-8 pubmed..The greater calciuric response to salt of female S rats compared with female R rats, which was not seen in a previous study when male S rats were compared to male R rats, suggest a gender difference in the calciuric response to salt. ..
- Sullivan B, Kraj P, Weber D, Ignatowicz L, Jensen P. Positive selection of a Qa-1-restricted T cell receptor with specificity for insulin. Immunity. 2002;17:95-105 pubmed..Our findings suggest that there is a dedicated population of Qa-1-restricted T cells that are selected by interaction with Qa-1 and that the cellular requirements for selection may differ from conventional T cells. ..
- Byers B, Pavlath G, Murphy T, Karsenty G, Garcia A. Cell-type-dependent up-regulation of in vitro mineralization after overexpression of the osteoblast-specific transcription factor Runx2/Cbfal. J Bone Miner Res. 2002;17:1931-44 pubmed..These results suggest that, although functional Runx2 is essential to multiple osteoblast-specific activities, in vitro matrix mineralization requires additional tissue-specific cofactors, which supplement Runx2 activity. ..
- Belay E, Schonberger L. Variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease and bovine spongiform encephalopathy. Clin Lab Med. 2002;22:849-62, v-vi pubmed
- Rubin J, Murphy T, Zhu L, Roy E, Nanes M, Fan X. Mechanical strain differentially regulates endothelial nitric-oxide synthase and receptor activator of nuclear kappa B ligand expression via ERK1/2 MAPK. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:34018-25 pubmed..Our data suggest that physiologic levels of mechanical strain utilize ERK1/2 kinase to coordinately regulate eNOS and RANKL in a manner leading to positive bone remodeling. ..
- Carrasco D, Rich M, Wang Q, Cope T, Pinter M. Activity-driven synaptic and axonal degeneration in canine motor neuron disease. J Neurophysiol. 2004;92:1175-81 pubmed..The results indicate that motor neuron action potential activity is a major contributing factor to the loss of motor-unit function and degeneration in inherited canine motor neuron disease...
- Lacy E, Bartness T. Effects of white adipose tissue grafts on total body fat and cellularity are dependent on graft type and location. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2005;289:R380-R388 pubmed..Collectively, WAT transplantation to either lipectomized or nonlipectomized hamsters increased body fat contingent on graft contact with intact or native WAT. ..
- Koval M. Claudins--key pieces in the tight junction puzzle. Cell Commun Adhes. 2006;13:127-38 pubmed..This review summarizes progress in understanding how claudins are assembled into tight junctions and how they interact with other tight junction proteins. ..
- Nicholson W, Paddock C, Demma L, Traeger M, Johnson B, Dickson J, et al. Rocky Mountain spotted fever in Arizona: documentation of heavy environmental infestations of Rhipicephalus sanguineus at an endemic site. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2006;1078:338-41 pubmed..It is evident that under certain circumstances, this species does transmit Rickettsia rickettsii to humans and deserves reconsideration as a vector in other geographic areas...
- Hansen J. Oxidative stress as a mechanism of teratogenesis. Birth Defects Res C Embryo Today. 2006;78:293-307 pubmed..Due to the ability of many known and suspected teratogens to induce oxidative stress and the many signaling pathways that have redox-sensitive components, further research is warranted to fully understand these mechanisms. ..
- Ishrat T, Sayeed I, Atif F, Stein D. Effects of progesterone administration on infarct volume and functional deficits following permanent focal cerebral ischemia in rats. Brain Res. 2009;1257:94-101 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data indicate that PROG is beneficial in one of the best-characterized models of stroke, and may warrant further testing in future clinical trials for human stroke. ..
- Guo P, Zhao K, Dong X, Sun X, Dong J. Acetylation of KLF5 alters the assembly of p15 transcription factors in transforming growth factor-beta-mediated induction in epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:18184-93 pubmed publisher..Activation of TGFbeta recruits p300 to the KLF5-Smad complex to acetylate KLF5, and the complex with acetylated KLF5 binds to the Smad binding element and alters the binding of other factors to p15 promoter to induce its transcription. ..
- Belser J, Wadford D, Xu J, Katz J, Tumpey T. Ocular infection of mice with influenza A (H7) viruses: a site of primary replication and spread to the respiratory tract. J Virol. 2009;83:7075-84 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that avian influenza viruses within H7 and H5 subtypes are capable of using the eye as a portal of entry. ..
- Stout D, Semaw S, Rogers M, Cauche D. Technological variation in the earliest Oldowan from Gona, Afar, Ethiopia. J Hum Evol. 2010;58:474-91 pubmed publisher..We propose that cultural transmission and ecological adaptation should be recognized as complementary, rather than mutually exclusive, mechanisms in future attempts to explain Oldowan technological variation...
- Fridovich Keil J, Gubbels C, Spencer J, Sanders R, Land J, Rubio Gozalbo E. Ovarian function in girls and women with GALT-deficiency galactosemia. J Inherit Metab Dis. 2011;34:357-66 pubmed publisher..In this review we explore the complexities of timing and detection of galactosemia-associated POI and discuss potential underlying mechanisms. Finally, we offer recommendations for follow-up care with current options for intervention...
- Kawahara T, Jackson H, Smith S, Simpson P, Lambeth J. Nox5 forms a functional oligomer mediated by self-association of its dehydrogenase domain. Biochemistry. 2011;50:2013-25 pubmed publisher..As a result of oligomerization, the short, calcium-independent splice form, Nox5S, may function as an endogenous inhibitor of calcium-stimulated ROS generation by full-length Nox5. ..
- Jackson C, Chaurasia S, Hwang C, Iuvone P. Dopamine D? receptor activation controls circadian timing of the adenylyl cyclase 1/cyclic AMP signaling system in mouse retina. Eur J Neurosci. 2011;34:57-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, dopamine/D?R signaling is a novel zeitgeber that entrains the rhythm of Adcy1 expression and, consequently, modulates the rhythmic synthesis of cyclic AMP in mouse retina. ..