Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on adult in Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Locale: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Publications874 found, 100 shown here
- Miller C, Benson J, Ellingsen D, Driggers J, Payne A, Kelly F, et al. F8 and F9 mutations in US haemophilia patients: correlation with history of inhibitor and race/ethnicity. Haemophilia. 2012;18:375-82 pubmed publisher..White patients with history of inhibitor did not exhibit rare F8 haplotypes. F8 gene analysis did not reveal a cause for the higher inhibitor frequencies in Black and Hispanic patients. ..
- Willis M, Winston C, Heilig C, Cain K, Walter N, Mac Kenzie W. Seasonality of tuberculosis in the United States, 1993-2008. Clin Infect Dis. 2012;54:1553-60 pubmed publisher..Increased seasonality among young children and clustered cases suggests that disease that is the result of recent transmission is more influenced by season than disease resulting from activation of latent infection. ..
- Thompson M, Gaglani M, Naleway A, Ball S, Henkle E, Sokolow L, et al. The expected emotional benefits of influenza vaccination strongly affect pre-season intentions and subsequent vaccination among healthcare personnel. Vaccine. 2012;30:3557-65 pubmed publisher..These attitudes are promising targets for future vaccination campaigns. ..
- Kakietek J, Geberselassie T, Manteuffel B, Ogungbemi K, Krivelyova A, Bausch S, et al. It takes a village: community-based organizations and the availability and utilization of HIV/AIDS-related services in Nigeria. AIDS Care. 2013;25 Suppl 1:S78-87 pubmed publisher..The association between service awareness and service use and CBO engagement was stronger in rural than in urban areas. ..
- Gutman J, Mwandama D, Wiegand R, Ali D, Mathanga D, Skarbinski J. Effectiveness of intermittent preventive treatment with sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine during pregnancy on maternal and birth outcomes in Machinga district, Malawi. J Infect Dis. 2013;208:907-16 pubmed publisher..Malawian pregnant women should continue to receive IPTp-SP, but alternative strategies and antimalarials for preventing malaria during pregnancy should be investigated. ..
- Safavynia S, Ting L. Long-latency muscle activity reflects continuous, delayed sensorimotor feedback of task-level and not joint-level error. J Neurophysiol. 2013;110:1278-90 pubmed publisher..Thus continuous, long-latency feedback of task-level variables may be a common mechanism regulating long-latency responses in the upper and lower limbs. ..
- Rha B, Burrer S, Park S, Trivedi T, Parashar U, Lopman B. Emergency department visit data for rapid detection and monitoring of norovirus activity, United States. Emerg Infect Dis. 2013;19:1214-21 pubmed publisher..Diarrhea ED visit data estimated the onset, peak, and end of norovirus season within 4 weeks of observed dates and could be reliable, timely indicators of norovirus activity. ..
- Jarlais D, Arasteh K, McKnight C, Feelemyer J, Hagan H, Cooper H, et al. Providing ART to HIV Seropositive Persons Who Use Drugs: Progress in New York City, Prospects for "Ending the Epidemic". AIDS Behav. 2016;20:353-62 pubmed publisher..Continued improvement in ART uptake and TasP and maintenance of other prevention and care services should lead to an "End of the AIDS Epidemic" for persons who use heroin and cocaine in New York City. ..
- Culbreth R, Goodfellow L. Complications of Prone Positioning During Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation for Respiratory Failure: A Systematic Review. Respir Care. 2016;61:249-54 pubmed publisher..More studies are needed to assess the clinical efficacy of the addition of prone positioning therapy to ECMO for patients in severe respiratory failure. ..
- Thompson M, Naleway A, Fry A, Ball S, Spencer S, Reynolds S, et al. Effects of Repeated Annual Inactivated Influenza Vaccination among Healthcare Personnel on Serum Hemagglutinin Inhibition Antibody Response to A/Perth/16/2009 (H3N2)-like virus during 2010-11. Vaccine. 2016;34:981-8 pubmed publisher..Ultimately, better vaccines and vaccine strategies may be needed in order to optimize immunogenicity and VE for HCP and other repeated vaccinees. ..
- Broughton E, Haumba S, Calnan M, Ginindsa S, Jeffries R, Maphalala G, et al. Screening in Maternity to Ascertain Tuberculosis Status (SMATS) study. BMC Infect Dis. 2017;17:191 pubmed publisher..However, this risk will be mitigated by the long data collection period of five or more months. ..
- Stoney R, Han P, Barnett E, Wilson M, Jentes E, Benoit C, et al. Travelers' Diarrhea and Other Gastrointestinal Symptoms Among Boston-Area International Travelers. Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2017;96:1388-1393 pubmed publisher..Although these illnesses resulted in interruption of travel plans, a relatively small proportion took prescribed antibiotics. ..
- Dall Era M, Cisternas M, SNIPES K, Herrinton L, Gordon C, Helmick C. The Incidence and Prevalence of Systemic Lupus Erythematosus in San Francisco County, California: The California Lupus Surveillance Project. Arthritis Rheumatol. 2017;69:1996-2005 pubmed publisher..The disease burden of SLE is highest in black women, followed by Hispanic women, Asian women, and white women. ..
- Yoon Y, Waring G, Stulting R, Edelhauser H, Grossniklaus H. Keratocyte repopulation in epikeratoplasty specimens. Cornea. 1998;17:180-4 pubmed..To study the histology and pattern of keratocyte repopulation of surgically removed human epikeratoplasty lenticules...
- Evans C, Young A, Brown M, Brat D, Parks J, Neish A, et al. Novel patterns of gene expression in pituitary adenomas identified by complementary deoxyribonucleic acid microarrays and quantitative reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2001;86:3097-107 pubmed..The evaluation of candidate genes that emerge from these experiments provides a rational approach to investigate those genes significant in tumorigenesis. ..
- Pealer L, Marfin A, Petersen L, Lanciotti R, Page P, Stramer S, et al. Transmission of West Nile virus through blood transfusion in the United States in 2002. N Engl J Med. 2003;349:1236-45 pubmed..Transfused red cells, platelets, and fresh-frozen plasma can transmit West Nile virus. Screening of potential donors with the use of nucleic acid-based assays for West Nile virus may reduce this risk. ..
- Whitley W, Tanaka K, Chen E, Glas K. Acute aortic dissection with intimal layer prolapse into the left ventricle. Anesth Analg. 2007;104:774-6 pubmed
- O Connor J, Hemby S. Elevated GRIA1 mRNA expression in Layer II/III and V pyramidal cells of the DLPFC in schizophrenia. Schizophr Res. 2007;97:277-88 pubmed..These data suggest that increased GRIA1 subunit expression may contribute to schizophrenia pathology. ..
- McEachin M, Xu X, Santoianni R, Lawson D, Cotsonis G, Cohen C. GATA-4 and GATA-6 expression in human ovarian surface epithelial carcinoma. Appl Immunohistochem Mol Morphol. 2008;16:153-8 pubmed publisher..0756). These findings suggest that although GATA factors play a role in ovarian surface epithelial carcinoma oncogenesis, they do not seem to affect clinicopathologic parameters. ..
- Wu H, Harcourt B, Hatcher C, Wei S, Novak R, Wang X, et al. Emergence of ciprofloxacin-resistant Neisseria meningitidis in North America. N Engl J Med. 2009;360:886-92 pubmed publisher..Ciprofloxacin-resistant N. meningitidis has emerged in North America. ..
- Habel M, Liddon N, Stryker J. The HPV vaccine: a content analysis of online news stories. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2009;18:401-7 pubmed publisher..Knowledge of particular media messages could provide a starting point for tackling opposition and uptake issues for future sexually transmitted infection (STI) vaccines. ..
- Dunne E, Nielson C, Hagensee M, Papenfuss M, Harris R, Herrel N, et al. HPV 6/11, 16, 18 seroprevalence in men in two US cities. Sex Transm Dis. 2009;36:671-4 pubmed publisher..HPV vaccine-type seroprevalence was highest in 35 to 40 year old men. These data on the epidemiology of HPV seroprevalence in men are useful for discussions regarding recommendations for HPV vaccine if licensed for use in men. ..
- Yang Q, Cogswell M, Hamner H, Carriquiry A, Bailey L, Pfeiffer C, et al. Folic acid source, usual intake, and folate and vitamin B-12 status in US adults: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) 2003-2006. Am J Clin Nutr. 2010;91:64-72 pubmed publisher..001). At current fortification levels, US adults who do not consume supplements or who consume an average of < or =400 microg folic acid/d from supplements are unlikely to exceed the UL in intake for folic acid. ..
- Li C, Ford E, Zhao G, Croft J, Balluz L, Mokdad A. Prevalence of self-reported clinically diagnosed sleep apnea according to obesity status in men and women: National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2005-2006. Prev Med. 2010;51:18-23 pubmed publisher..To estimate the prevalence of self-reported clinically diagnosed sleep apnea (diagnosed sleep apnea) according to body mass index (BMI, measure of total obesity) and waist circumference (measure of abdominal obesity) in US adults...
- Zhang X, Saaddine J, Chou C, Cotch M, Cheng Y, Geiss L, et al. Prevalence of diabetic retinopathy in the United States, 2005-2008. JAMA. 2010;304:649-56 pubmed publisher..03). In a nationally representative sample of US adults with diabetes aged 40 years and older, the prevalence of diabetic retinopathy and vision-threatening diabetic retinopathy was high, especially among Non-Hispanic black individuals. ..
- McCullough M, Patel A, Kushi L, Patel R, Willett W, Doyle C, et al. Following cancer prevention guidelines reduces risk of cancer, cardiovascular disease, and all-cause mortality. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2011;20:1089-97 pubmed publisher..Beyond tobacco avoidance, following other cancer prevention guidelines may substantially lower risk of premature mortality in older adults. ..
- Curran W, Paulus R, Langer C, Komaki R, Lee J, Hauser S, et al. Sequential vs. concurrent chemoradiation for stage III non-small cell lung cancer: randomized phase III trial RTOG 9410. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2011;103:1452-60 pubmed publisher..Concurrent delivery of cisplatin-based chemotherapy with TRT confers a long-term survival benefit compared with the sequential delivery of these therapies. ..
- Yancey E, Mayberry R, Armstrong Mensah E, Collins D, Goodin L, Cureton S, et al. The community-based participatory intervention effect of "HIV-RAAP". Am J Health Behav. 2012;36:555-68 pubmed publisher..02), improving HIV risk knowledge (P=0.006), and increasing sexual partner conversations about HIV risk reduction (P= 0.001). The HIV-RAAP intervention impacts key domains of heterosexual HIV transmission. ..
- Gargano J, Wilkinson E, Unger E, Steinau M, Watson M, Huang Y, et al. Prevalence of human papillomavirus types in invasive vulvar cancers and vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia 3 in the United States before vaccine introduction. J Low Genit Tract Dis. 2012;16:471-9 pubmed publisher..1% to 100% across squamous cell carcinoma histological subtypes. Given the high prevalence of HPV in IVC and VIN 3 cases, prophylactic vaccines have the potential to decrease the incidence of vulvar neoplasia. ..
- Carter M, Bailey A, Snead M, Costenbader E, Townsend M, Macaluso M, et al. Exploring discordance between biologic and self-reported measures of semen exposure: a qualitative study among female patients attending an STI clinic in Jamaica. AIDS Behav. 2013;17:728-36 pubmed publisher..Rapid PSA testing combined with qualitative interviews provides a novel tool for investigating and complementing self-reported sexual behavior. ..
- Barzilay E, Schaad N, Magloire R, Mung K, BONCY J, Dahourou G, et al. Cholera surveillance during the Haiti epidemic--the first 2 years. N Engl J Med. 2013;368:599-609 pubmed publisher..In October 2010, nearly 10 months after a devastating earthquake, Haiti was stricken by epidemic cholera. Within days after detection, the Ministry of Public Health and Population established a National Cholera Surveillance System (NCSS)...
- Lankford T, Hardman D, Dankmeyer C, Schmid T. Analysis of state obesity legislation from 2001 to 2010. J Public Health Manag Pract. 2013;19:S114-8 pubmed publisher..Public health practitioners may find the Institute of Medicine guidance and the legislative database useful resources to further efforts in obesity prevention. ..
- Lee M, Bagci P, Kong J, Vos M, Sharma P, Kalb B, et al. Liver steatosis assessment: correlations among pathology, radiology, clinical data and automated image analysis software. Pathol Res Pract. 2013;209:371-9 pubmed publisher..Image analysis, pathologist assessments, radiology measurements, and several clinical parameters all showed correlations in this study, providing evidence for the utility of each method in different clinical and research settings. ..
- Biggerstaff M, Reed C, Epperson S, Jhung M, Gambhir M, Bresee J, et al. Estimates of the number of human infections with influenza A(H3N2) variant virus, United States, August 2011-April 2012. Clin Infect Dis. 2013;57 Suppl 1:S12-5 pubmed publisher..Illness from this variant influenza virus was more frequent than previously thought. Continued surveillance is needed to ensure timely detection and response to H3N2v virus infections. ..
- Cerhan J, Moore S, Jacobs E, Kitahara C, Rosenberg P, Adami H, et al. A pooled analysis of waist circumference and mortality in 650,000 adults. Mayo Clin Proc. 2014;89:335-45 pubmed publisher..Waist circumference should be assessed in combination with BMI, even for those in the normal BMI range, as part of risk assessment for obesity-related premature mortality. ..
- Ndzi E, Asonganyi T, Nkinin M, Xiao L, Didier E, Bowers L, et al. Fast Technology Analysis Enables Identification of Species and Genotypes of Latent Microsporidia Infections in Healthy Native Cameroonians. J Eukaryot Microbiol. 2016;63:146-52 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate the utility of the FTA cards in identifying genotypes of microsporidia DNA in human fecal samples that may be applied to field testing for prevalence studies. ..
- Brown D, Trogdon J, Ekwueme D, Chamiec Case L, Guy G, Tangka F, et al. Health State Utility Impact of Breast Cancer in U.S. Women Aged 18-44 Years. Am J Prev Med. 2016;50:255-61 pubmed publisher..This study also indicates that separate quality of life adjustments for women by age group are important for economic analysis of public health breast cancer interventions. ..
- Berdeja J, Jagannath S, Zonder J, Badros A, Kaufman J, Manges R, et al. Pharmacokinetics and Safety of Elotuzumab Combined With Lenalidomide and Dexamethasone in Patients With Multiple Myeloma and Various Levels of Renal Impairment: Results of a Phase Ib Study. Clin Lymphoma Myeloma Leuk. 2016;16:129-38 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study support the use of elotuzumab for the treatment of patients with MM and renal dysfunction without dose adjustment. ..
- Hemby S, Trojanowski J, Ginsberg S. Neuron-specific age-related decreases in dopamine receptor subtype mRNAs. J Comp Neurol. 2003;456:176-83 pubmed..Furthermore, these results support the hypothesis that alterations in dopaminergic function may also be related to behavioral abnormalities, such as psychosis, that occur with aging. ..
- Nicolls D, King M, Holland D, Bala J, del Rio C. Intracranial tuberculomas developing while on therapy for pulmonary tuberculosis. Lancet Infect Dis. 2005;5:795-801 pubmed..When intracranial tuberculomas become symptomatic, antituberculous therapy generally does not need to be changed. Corticosteroids are indicated in all symptomatic cases...
- Nater U, Youngblood L, Jones J, Unger E, Miller A, Reeves W, et al. Alterations in diurnal salivary cortisol rhythm in a population-based sample of cases with chronic fatigue syndrome. Psychosom Med. 2008;70:298-305 pubmed publisher..Previous studies of CFS patients have implicated the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis and the immune system in the pathophysiology of CFS, although results have been equivocal...
- Wright V, Chang J, Jeng G, Macaluso M. Assisted reproductive technology surveillance--United States, 2005. MMWR Surveill Summ. 2008;57:1-23 pubmed..Adverse maternal and infant outcomes (e.g., low birthweight and preterm delivery) associated with ART treatment choices should be explained fully when counseling patients who are considering ART. ..
- Tian L, Peterman T, Tao G, Brooks L, Metcalf C, Malotte C, et al. Heterosexual anal sex activity in the year after an STD clinic visit. Sex Transm Dis. 2008;35:905-9 pubmed publisher..Clinicians should ask about anal sex, appropriately examine and test patients who have had anal sex, and recommend condom use for both anal and vaginal sex. ..
- Sunderam S, Chang J, Flowers L, Kulkarni A, Sentelle G, Jeng G, et al. Assisted reproductive technology surveillance--United States, 2006. MMWR Surveill Summ. 2009;58:1-25 pubmed..Adverse maternal and infant outcomes (e.g., low birthweight and preterm delivery) associated with ART treatment choices should be explained thoroughly when counseling patients considering ART. ..
- Korah M, Deyrup A, Monson D, Oskouei S, Weiss S, Landry J, et al. Anatomic tumor location influences the success of contemporary limb-sparing surgery and radiation among adults with soft tissue sarcomas of the extremities. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012;82:933-9 pubmed publisher..Tumor resection in the posterior thigh compartment is more likely to result in nerve injury. A better understanding of the inherent differences between tumors in various extremity sites will assist in individualizing treatment. ..
- Grigorescu V, Zhang Y, Kissin D, Sauber Schatz E, Sunderam M, Kirby R, et al. Maternal characteristics and pregnancy outcomes after assisted reproductive technology by infertility diagnosis: ovulatory dysfunction versus tubal obstruction. Fertil Steril. 2014;101:1019-25 pubmed publisher..90; 95% CI, 1.30, 2.77). Women with OD/PCOS who underwent ART have different characteristics and health issues (higher prevalence of diabetes) and infant outcomes (lower Apgar score) compared with women with TO. ..
- Smith M, Akinyemi A, Stanley J, Mitchell C. Violent Death Reporting in Maryland: Demographic Variability in Data Completeness. Am J Public Health. 2017;107:1621-1623 pubmed publisher..Circumstance reporting was least likely among groups most at risk for homicide in Maryland. Collection of circumstance data for the most affected groups should be strengthened to help develop better prevention strategies. ..
- Sathian K, Zangaladze A. Tactile learning is task specific but transfers between fingers. Percept Psychophys. 1997;59:119-28 pubmed..We conclude that tactile learning, although quite as task specific as in other sensory systems, generalizes with considerable facility across fingers, unlike visual learning, which is highly location specific. ..
- Nezhat C, Malik S, Osias J, Nezhat F, Nezhat C. Laparoscopic management of 15 patients with infiltrating endometriosis of the bladder and a case of primary intravesical endometrioid adenosarcoma. Fertil Steril. 2002;78:872-5 pubmed..To report laparoscopic management of 15 patients with infiltrative bladder wall endometriosis and to report a case of endometrioid adenosarcoma...
- Khaitan L, Van Sickle K, Gonzalez R, Lin E, Ramshaw B, Smith C. Laparoscopic revision of bariatric procedures: is it feasible?. Am Surg. 2005;71:6-10; discussion 10-2 pubmed..Revisional bariatric surgery can be approached laparoscopically and with acceptable morbidity comparable to patients whose revision is approached open. ..
- Smith C, Stival A, Howell D, Swafford V. Endoscopic therapy for achalasia before Heller myotomy results in worse outcomes than heller myotomy alone. Ann Surg. 2006;243:579-84; discussion 584-6 pubmed..Endoscopic therapy for achalasia should not be used unless patients are not candidates for surgery. ..
- Patton K, Deyrup A, Weiss S. Atypical vascular lesions after surgery and radiation of the breast: a clinicopathologic study of 32 cases analyzing histologic heterogeneity and association with angiosarcoma. Am J Surg Pathol. 2008;32:943-50 pubmed..In the 2 patients who developed angiosarcoma, morphologic evidence suggested AVLs to be a precursor rather than simply a risk factor. Future outcome and management studies should take into account these differences. ..
- Chang M, Groseclose S, Zaidi A, Braden C. An ecological analysis of sociodemographic factors associated with the incidence of salmonellosis, shigellosis, and E. coli O157:H7 infections in US counties. Epidemiol Infect. 2009;137:810-20 pubmed publisher..Future ecological analyses should use serotype-specific data on incidence, which may be available from laboratory-based surveillance systems. ..
- Jacob J, Mehta A, Leonard M. Acute forms of tuberculosis in adults. Am J Med. 2009;122:12-7 pubmed publisher..The spectrum of disease makes diagnosis of acute TB difficult unless clinical suspicion of disease is high, but the high mortality mandates its consideration. Early initiation of therapy is crucial to optimize clinical outcome. ..
- Blount B, Alwis K, Jain R, Solomon B, Morrow J, Jackson W. Perchlorate, nitrate, and iodide intake through tap water. Environ Sci Technol. 2010;44:9564-70 pubmed publisher..This perchlorate exposure dose from tap water is relatively small compared to the total perchlorate exposure dose previously characterized for the U.S. adults (median 64 ng/kg-day) and the U.S. EPA reference dose (700 ng/kg-day). ..
- Penman Aguilar A, Legardy Williams J, Turner A, Rabozakandriana T, Williams D, Razafindravoavy S, et al. Effect of treatment assignment on intravaginal cleansing in a randomized study of the diaphragm with candidate microbicide. J Womens Health (Larchmt). 2011;20:187-95 pubmed publisher..Gel characteristics and the diaphragm's presence likely influenced women's cleansing. Viscous gel delivered by a cervical barrier (such as a diaphragm) may minimize the likelihood of frequent intravaginal cleansing. ..
- Ofili E, Oparil S, Giles T, Pitt B, Purkayastha D, Hilkert R, et al. Moderate versus intensive treatment of hypertension using amlodipine/valsartan and with the addition of hydrochlorothiazide for patients uncontrolled on angiotensin receptor blocker monotherapy: results in racial/ethnic subgroups. J Am Soc Hypertens. 2011;5:249-58 pubmed publisher..0 mm Hg (moderate), across racial/ethnic subgroups. Both regimens were well tolerated. Amlodipine/valsartan/HCTZ combination therapy was efficacious across racial/ethnic subgroups. Maximal efficacy was obtained with intensive treatment. ..
- Yoder J, Straif Bourgeois S, Roy S, Moore T, Visvesvara G, Ratard R, et al. Primary amebic meningoencephalitis deaths associated with sinus irrigation using contaminated tap water. Clin Infect Dis. 2012;55:e79-85 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the changing epidemiology of PAM highlights the importance of raising awareness about this disease among physicians treating persons showing meningitislike symptoms. ..
- Rosenberg E, Rothenberg R, Kleinbaum D, Stephenson R, Sullivan P. The implications of respondent concurrency on sex partner risk in a national, web-based study of men who have sex with men in the United States. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2013;63:514-21 pubmed publisher..Casual UAI partners remained more exposed by both outcomes. Sex partners of MSM, particularly casual and black non-Hispanic partners, face a high degree of exposure to other partners. ..
- Coker A, Bush H, Fisher B, Swan S, Williams C, Clear E, et al. Multi-College Bystander Intervention Evaluation for Violence Prevention. Am J Prev Med. 2016;50:295-302 pubmed publisher..01). Green Dot may be an efficacious intervention to reduce violence at the community level and meet Campus Sexual Violence Elimination Act bystander training requirements. ..
- Stone K, Becker T, Hadgu A, Kraus S. Treatment of external genital warts: a randomised clinical trial comparing podophyllin, cryotherapy, and electrodesiccation. Genitourin Med. 1990;66:16-9 pubmed..Electrodesiccation and cryotherapy were more effective than podophyllin for the treatment of external genital warts, but none of these three treatments were highly successful. ..
- Dietz V, Milstien J, van Loon F, Cochi S, Bennett J. Performance and potency of tetanus toxoid: implications for eliminating neonatal tetanus. Bull World Health Organ. 1996;74:619-28 pubmed..Moreover, the field effectiveness of TT must be monitored through systematic NT case investigations and the assessment of coverage. ..
- Si Tahar M, Merlin D, Sitaraman S, Madara J. Constitutive and regulated secretion of secretory leukocyte proteinase inhibitor by human intestinal epithelial cells. Gastroenterology. 2000;118:1061-71 pubmed
- Hootman J, Macera C, Ainsworth B, Addy C, Martin M, Blair S. Epidemiology of musculoskeletal injuries among sedentary and physically active adults. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2002;34:838-44 pubmed..These results suggest the need for developing and implementing injury prevention programs targeted toward moderately active adults. ..
- Espey D, Djomand G, Diomande I, Dosso M, Saki M, Kanga J, et al. A pilot study of treatment of Buruli ulcer with rifampin and dapsone. Int J Infect Dis. 2002;6:60-5 pubmed..2 cm2) compared with the placebo group (median 4.8 cm2) (P=0.04). Results of this study indicate that larger studies of antimycobacterial therapy of BU are warranted and can be successfully undertaken. ..
- Tobin D Angelo M, Hoteit M, Brown K, Ray S, King M. Dapsone-induced hypersensitivity pneumonitis mimicking Pneumocystis carinii pneumonia in a patient with AIDS. Am J Med Sci. 2004;327:163-5 pubmed..We believe drug-induced hypersensitivity pneumonitis should be considered in the differential diagnosis of interstitial pneumonia in HIV-infected patients in whom infectious etiologies have been ruled out. ..
- Bridges P, Bierema L, Valentine T. The propensity to adopt evidence-based practice among physical therapists. BMC Health Serv Res. 2007;7:103 pubmed..The study confirms there is no single factor to facilitate research evidence into day-to-day practice. Multiple practice change strategies will be needed to facilitate change in practice. ..
- Person B, Addiss D, Bartholomew L, Meijer C, Pou V, Gonzalvez G, et al. A qualitative study of the psychosocial and health consequences associated with lymphedema among women in the Dominican Republic. Acta Trop. 2007;103:90-7 pubmed
- Spearman P, Kalams S, Elizaga M, Metch B, Chiu Y, Allen M, et al. Safety and immunogenicity of a CTL multiepitope peptide vaccine for HIV with or without GM-CSF in a phase I trial. Vaccine. 2009;27:243-9 pubmed publisher..This study failed to demonstrate that GM-CSF can substantially improve the overall weak immunogenicity of a multiepitope peptide-based HIV vaccine. ..
- Gletsu Miller N, Hansen J, Jones D, Go Y, Torres W, Ziegler T, et al. Loss of total and visceral adipose tissue mass predicts decreases in oxidative stress after weight-loss surgery. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2009;17:439-46 pubmed publisher..38 and -0.42). This study found longitudinal associations between general, and more specifically intra-abdominal adiposity, and systemic lipid peroxides, suggesting that adipose tissue mass contributes to oxidative stress. ..
- Trivers K, Lund M, Porter P, Liff J, Flagg E, Coates R, et al. The epidemiology of triple-negative breast cancer, including race. Cancer Causes Control. 2009;20:1071-82 pubmed publisher..Distinct breast cancer subtypes have unique sociodemographic, anthropometric and reproductive characteristics and possibly different pathways for development. ..
- Pierre Jerome C, Moncayo V, Albastaki U, Terk M. Multiple occult wrist bone injuries and joint effusions: prevalence and distribution on MRI. Emerg Radiol. 2010;17:179-84 pubmed publisher..The clinical significance of these findings deserves further investigation. ..
- Wall K, Khosropour C, Sullivan P. Offering of HIV screening to men who have sex with men by their health care providers and associated factors. J Int Assoc Physicians AIDS Care (Chic). 2010;9:284-8 pubmed publisher..79-23.41) and other demographic factors. less than one third of the MSM visiting a provider reported being offered HIV testing. Providers should actively assess male-male sex risk to potentially improve offering of HIV screenings. ..
- Highsmith J, Dhall S, Haid R, Rodts G, Mummaneni P. Treatment of cervical stenotic myelopathy: a cost and outcome comparison of laminoplasty versus laminectomy and lateral mass fusion. J Neurosurg Spine. 2011;14:619-25 pubmed publisher..The goal of this study was to compare outcomes, radiographic results, complications, and implant costs associated with these 2 treatments...
- Umpierrez G, Spiegelman R, Zhao V, Smiley D, Pinzon I, Griffith D, et al. A double-blind, randomized clinical trial comparing soybean oil-based versus olive oil-based lipid emulsions in adult medical-surgical intensive care unit patients requiring parenteral nutrition. Crit Care Med. 2012;40:1792-8 pubmed publisher
- Kempton C, Abshire T, Deveras R, Hoots W, Gill J, Kessler C, et al. Pharmacokinetics and safety of OBI-1, a recombinant B domain-deleted porcine factor VIII, in subjects with haemophilia A. Haemophilia. 2012;18:798-804 pubmed publisher..These results should be confirmed in a larger phase 2/3 study. ..
- Bellcross C, Leadbetter S, Alford S, Peipins L. Prevalence and healthcare actions of women in a large health system with a family history meeting the 2005 USPSTF recommendation for BRCA genetic counseling referral. Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev. 2013;22:728-35 pubmed publisher..Improvements in healthcare infrastructure and clinician education will be required to realize population level benefits from BRCA genetic counseling and testing. ..
- Hales C, Heilig C, Chaisson R, Leung C, Chang K, Goldberg S, et al. The association between symptoms and microbiologically defined response to tuberculosis treatment. Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2013;10:18-25 pubmed publisher..The lack of consistent associations between clinical outcomes and microbiological responses to therapy for some infectious diseases has raised questions about the adequacy of microbiological endpoints for tuberculosis treatment trials...
- Ky B, Putt M, Sawaya H, French B, Januzzi J, Sebag I, et al. Early increases in multiple biomarkers predict subsequent cardiotoxicity in patients with breast cancer treated with doxorubicin, taxanes, and trastuzumab. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014;63:809-16 pubmed publisher..Independent validation of these findings is necessary before application to clinical practice. ..
- Sonenblum S, Vonk T, Janssen T, SPRIGLE S. Effects of wheelchair cushions and pressure relief maneuvers on ischial interface pressure and blood flow in people with spinal cord injury. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2014;95:1350-7 pubmed publisher..To investigate the effectiveness and interactions of 2 methods of pressure ulcer prevention, wheelchair cushions and pressure relief maneuvers, on interface pressure (IP) and blood flow of the buttocks...
- Jones C, Mohamed N, Rojas E, Andrew L, Hoyos J, Hawkins J, et al. Comparison of Phenotypic and Genotypic Approaches to Capsule Typing of Neisseria meningitidis by Use of Invasive and Carriage Isolate Collections. J Clin Microbiol. 2016;54:25-34 pubmed publisher..Based on our findings, WGS is the most suitable approach for the characterization of meningococcal carriage isolates. ..
- Kempker R, Heinrichs M, Nikolaishvili K, Sabulua I, Bablishvili N, Gogishvili S, et al. Lung Tissue Concentrations of Pyrazinamide among Patients with Drug-Resistant Pulmonary Tuberculosis. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2017;61: pubmed publisher..The tissue penetration of pyrazinamide highlights its importance in both drug-susceptible and drug-resistant antituberculosis treatment regimens. ..