Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on zebrafish in Princeton, Florida, United States
Locale: Princeton, Florida, United States
- Manning M, Foty R, Steinberg M, Schoetz E. Coaction of intercellular adhesion and cortical tension specifies tissue surface tension. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:12517-22 pubmed publisher..This model indicates that there is a crossover from adhesion dominated to cortical-tension dominated behavior as a function of the ratio between these two quantities. ..
- Lenhart K, Lin S, Titus T, Postlethwait J, Burdine R. Two additional midline barriers function with midline lefty1 expression to maintain asymmetric Nodal signaling during left-right axis specification in zebrafish. Development. 2011;138:4405-10 pubmed publisher..Both barriers appear to be conserved across model systems and are thus likely to be present in all vertebrates. ..
- Fuller K, O Connell J, Gordon J, Mauti O, EGGENSCHWILER J. Rab23 regulates Nodal signaling in vertebrate left-right patterning independently of the Hedgehog pathway. Dev Biol. 2014;391:182-95 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these data suggest that Rab23 is an essential component of the mechanism that transmits asymmetric patterning information from the node to the LPM. ..
- Jaffe K, Grimes D, Schottenfeld Roames J, Werner M, Ku T, Kim S, et al. c21orf59/kurly Controls Both Cilia Motility and Polarization. Cell Rep. 2016;14:1841-9 pubmed publisher..Kur also makes interactions with other PCP components, including Disheveled. This supports a model wherein Kur plays a dual role in cilia motility and polarization. ..
- Bally Cuif L, Schatz W, Ho R. Characterization of the zebrafish Orb/CPEB-related RNA binding protein and localization of maternal components in the zebrafish oocyte. Mech Dev. 1998;77:31-47 pubmed..We show that this localization is independent of microtubules and microfilaments, and that the distribution of Zorba protein parallels that of its mRNA. ..
- Oates A, Rohde L, Ho R. Generation of segment polarity in the paraxial mesoderm of the zebrafish through a T-box-dependent inductive event. Dev Biol. 2005;283:204-14 pubmed
- Sullivan Brown J, Schottenfeld J, Okabe N, Hostetter C, Serluca F, Thiberge S, et al. Zebrafish mutations affecting cilia motility share similar cystic phenotypes and suggest a mechanism of cyst formation that differs from pkd2 morphants. Dev Biol. 2008;314:261-75 pubmed publisher..Finally, we show that knock-down of polycystic kidney disease 2 (pkd2) specifically causes glomerular cysts and does not affect cilia motility, suggesting multiple mechanisms exist for cyst formation. ..
- Ahn D, Ruvinsky I, Oates A, Silver L, Ho R. tbx20, a new vertebrate T-box gene expressed in the cranial motor neurons and developing cardiovascular structures in zebrafish. Mech Dev. 2000;95:253-8 pubmed..During development, tbx20 is expressed in embryonic structures of both mesodermal and ectodermal origins, including the heart, cranial motor neurons, and the roof of the dorsal aorta. ..
- Mora T, Walczak A, Bialek W, Callan C. Maximum entropy models for antibody diversity. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:5405-10 pubmed publisher..This approach should be applicable to the study of the global properties of other protein families. ..