Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on tretinoin in University Park, Florida, United States
Locale: University Park, Florida, United States
- Shimada T, Ross A, Muccio D, Brouillette W, Shealy Y. Regulation of hepatic lecithin:retinol acyltransferase activity by retinoic acid receptor-selective retinoids. Arch Biochem Biophys. 1997;344:220-7 pubmed..920). These data implicate the RARs in the induction of hepatic LRAT and suggest a predominant role for RAR-alpha-active ligands. ..
- Wu L, Ross A. Acidic retinoids synergize with vitamin A to enhance retinol uptake and STRA6, LRAT, and CYP26B1 expression in neonatal lung. J Lipid Res. 2010;51:378-87 pubmed publisher..However, the pronounced and prolonged induction of CYP26B1 by Am580 may counteract lung RE accumulation after the absorption process is completed. ..
- Ross A, Zolfaghari R. Cytochrome P450s in the regulation of cellular retinoic acid metabolism. Annu Rev Nutr. 2011;31:65-87 pubmed publisher..Thus, pharmacological approaches to limiting the activity of CYP26 enzymes may extend the half-life of RA and could be useful clinically in the future. ..
- Zhang Y, Wray A, Ross A. Perinatal exposure to vitamin A differentially regulates chondrocyte growth and the expression of aggrecan and matrix metalloprotein genes in the femur of neonatal rats. J Nutr. 2012;142:649-54 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that moderately high maternal VA intake combined with neonatal VARA supplementation can reduce the ratio of aggrecan:MMP, which may unfavorably alter early bone development. ..
- Luo X, Ross A. Retinoic acid exerts dual regulatory actions on the expression and nuclear localization of interferon regulatory factor-1. Exp Biol Med (Maywood). 2006;231:619-31 pubmed
- Zhang Y, Ross A. Retinoic acid and the transcription factor MafB act together and differentially to regulate aggrecan and matrix metalloproteinase gene expression in neonatal chondrocytes. J Cell Biochem. 2013;114:471-9 pubmed publisher..These results support a role for MafB as a regulator of chondrocyte gene expression and matrix formation via control of aggrecan, MMP3 and MMP13 expression, and indicate an important role for RA in the regulation of MafB. ..
- Zolfaghari R, Wang Y, Chen Q, Sancher A, Ross A. Cloning and molecular expression analysis of large and small lecithin:retinol acyltransferase mRNAs in the liver and other tissues of adult rats. Biochem J. 2002;368:621-31 pubmed..The differential usage of these polyadenylation signals can explain the presence of multiple LRAT mRNA transcripts which are expressed in different tissue-specific patterns. ..
- Wang Y, Zolfaghari R, Ross A. Cloning of rat cytochrome P450RAI (CYP26) cDNA and regulation of its gene expression by all-trans-retinoic acid in vivo. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2002;401:235-43 pubmed
- Zolfaghari R, Ross A. Lecithin:retinol acyltransferase from mouse and rat liver. CDNA cloning and liver-specific regulation by dietary vitamin a and retinoic acid. J Lipid Res. 2000;41:2024-34 pubmed