Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rna binding proteins in University Park, Florida, United States
Locale: University Park, Florida, United States
Topic: rna binding proteins
- Russell J, Keiler K. Subcellular localization of a bacterial regulatory RNA. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:16405-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest a model in which tmRNA-SmpB is localized to sequester tmRNA from RNase R, and localization might also regulate tmRNA-SmpB interactions with ribosomes...
- Miao J, Li J, Fan Q, Li X, Li X, Cui L. The Puf-family RNA-binding protein PfPuf2 regulates sexual development and sex differentiation in the malaria parasite Plasmodium falciparum. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:1039-49 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that in this early branch of eukaryotes the function of PfPuf2 is consistent with the ancestral function of suppressing differentiation proposed for Puf-family proteins...
- Song L, Han M, Lesicka J, Fedoroff N. Arabidopsis primary microRNA processing proteins HYL1 and DCL1 define a nuclear body distinct from the Cajal body. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:5437-42 pubmed..Thus, the distinct HYL1- and DCL1-containing nuclear bodies may be miRNA precursor processing sites. Alternatively, they may be assembly and storage sites for the miRNA precursor processing machinery...
- Baker C, Eöry L, Yakhnin H, Mercante J, Romeo T, Babitzke P. CsrA inhibits translation initiation of Escherichia coli hfq by binding to a single site overlapping the Shine-Dalgarno sequence. J Bacteriol. 2007;189:5472-81 pubmed..The interaction of CsrA with hfq mRNA is the first example of a CsrA-regulated gene that contains only one CsrA binding site. ..
- Bove J, Kim C, Gibson C, Assmann S. Characterization of wound-responsive RNA-binding proteins and their splice variants in Arabidopsis. Plant Mol Biol. 2008;67:71-88 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results imply that the three UBA2 genes encode hnRNP-type nuclear RNA-binding proteins that function in a novel wound signal transduction pathway. ..