Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on repressor proteins in University Park, Florida, United States
Locale: University Park, Florida, United States
Topic: repressor proteins
- Baker C, Morozov I, Suzuki K, Romeo T, Babitzke P. CsrA regulates glycogen biosynthesis by preventing translation of glgC in Escherichia coli. Mol Microbiol. 2002;44:1599-610 pubmed..This inhibition of translation probably contributes to destabilization of the glgC transcript that was observed previously...
- Ramos E, Price M, Rohrbaugh M, Lai Z. Identifying functional cis-acting regulatory modules of the yan gene in Drosophila melanogaster. Dev Genes Evol. 2003;213:83-9 pubmed..Each of these distinct elements is thus capable of replicating vital aspects of endogenous yan gene expression. ..
- Gavin I, Kladde M, Simpson R. Tup1p represses Mcm1p transcriptional activation and chromatin remodeling of an a-cell-specific gene. EMBO J. 2000;19:5875-83 pubmed..We suggest that Tup1p can contribute to repression by blocking transcriptional activators, in addition to interacting with transcription machinery and stabilizing chromatin...
- Liu J, Heydeck W, Zeng H, Liu A. Dual function of suppressor of fused in Hh pathway activation and mouse spinal cord patterning. Dev Biol. 2012;362:141-53 pubmed publisher..Finally, by altering the level of Gli3 repressor on a background of reduced Gli activator activities, we reveal an important contribution of Gli3 repressor activity to the Hh pathway activation and the D/V patterning of the spinal cord. ..
- Yakhnin H, Baker C, Berezin I, Evangelista M, Rassin A, Romeo T, et al. CsrA represses translation of sdiA, which encodes the N-acylhomoserine-L-lactone receptor of Escherichia coli, by binding exclusively within the coding region of sdiA mRNA. J Bacteriol. 2011;193:6162-70 pubmed publisher..Thus, this represents the first example of CsrA preventing translation by interacting solely within the coding region of an mRNA target. ..
- Hord C, Chen C, DeYoung B, Clark S, Ma H. The BAM1/BAM2 receptor-like kinases are important regulators of Arabidopsis early anther development. Plant Cell. 2006;18:1667-80 pubmed..This finding may have implications for the evolution of multiple signaling pathways in specifying cell types for microsporogenesis. ..
- Yakhnin H, Yakhnin A, Baker C, Sineva E, Berezin I, Romeo T, et al. Complex regulation of the global regulatory gene csrA: CsrA-mediated translational repression, transcription from five promoters by E??? and E?(S), and indirect transcriptional activation by CsrA. Mol Microbiol. 2011;81:689-704 pubmed publisher
- Nelson K, Wang F, Boyd E, Selander R. Size and sequence polymorphism in the isocitrate dehydrogenase kinase/phosphatase gene (aceK) and flanking regions in Salmonella enterica and Escherichia coli. Genetics. 1997;147:1509-20 pubmed
- Lai Z, Fetchko M, Li Y. Repression of Drosophila photoreceptor cell fate through cooperative action of two transcriptional repressors Yan and Tramtrack. Genetics. 1997;147:1131-7 pubmed..Reduction of either yan or ttk activity suppresses eye phenotypes of the kinase suppressor of ras (ksr) gene mutation, which is consistent with the involvement of yan and ttk in the Ras/MAPK pathway. ..
- Yakhnin A, Baker C, Vakulskas C, Yakhnin H, Berezin I, Romeo T, et al. CsrA activates flhDC expression by protecting flhDC mRNA from RNase E-mediated cleavage. Mol Microbiol. 2013;87:851-66 pubmed publisher..Data from mRNA decay studies and quantitative primer extension assays support a model in which bound CsrA activates flhDC expression by inhibiting the 5' end-dependent RNase E cleavage pathway. ..
- Hsu S, Gilgenast T, Bartman C, Edwards C, Stonestrom A, Huang P, et al. The BET Protein BRD2 Cooperates with CTCF to Enforce Transcriptional and Architectural Boundaries. Mol Cell. 2017;66:102-116.e7 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that BRD2 supports boundary activity, and they raise the possibility that pharmacologic BET inhibitors can influence gene expression in part by perturbing domain boundary function. ..
- Nakahashi H, Kieffer Kwon K, Resch W, Vian L, Dose M, Stavreva D, et al. A genome-wide map of CTCF multivalency redefines the CTCF code. Cell Rep. 2013;3:1678-1689 pubmed publisher..Unexpectedly, we also uncovered a conserved downstream DNA motif that destabilizes CTCF occupancy. Thus, CTCF associates with a wide array of DNA modules via combinatorial clustering of its 11 ZFs. ..
- Allison S, Phillips A. Nucleotide sequence of the gene encoding the repressor for the histidine utilization genes of Pseudomonas putida. J Bacteriol. 1990;172:5470-6 pubmed..A second open reading frame (ORF2) would encode a 21,155-dalton protein, but because this region could be deleted with only a slight effect on repressor activity, it is not likely to be involved in repressor function or structure...
- Wimalasena T, Enjalbert B, Guillemette T, Plumridge A, Budge S, Yin Z, et al. Impact of the unfolded protein response upon genome-wide expression patterns, and the role of Hac1 in the polarized growth, of Candida albicans. Fungal Genet Biol. 2008;45:1235-47 pubmed publisher..albicans and in the expression of genes encoding cell surface proteins during ER stress, factors that are important in virulence of this fungal pathogen. ..
- Baker C, Eöry L, Yakhnin H, Mercante J, Romeo T, Babitzke P. CsrA inhibits translation initiation of Escherichia coli hfq by binding to a single site overlapping the Shine-Dalgarno sequence. J Bacteriol. 2007;189:5472-81 pubmed..The interaction of CsrA with hfq mRNA is the first example of a CsrA-regulated gene that contains only one CsrA binding site. ..
- Sharma V, Tomar R, Dempsey A, Reese J. Histone deacetylases RPD3 and HOS2 regulate the transcriptional activation of DNA damage-inducible genes. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:3199-210 pubmed..Thus, reduced or unregulated constitutive histone H4 acetylation is detrimental to promoter activity, suggesting that HDAC-dependent mechanisms are in place to reset promoters to allow high levels of transcription. ..
- Zhang W, Sun Y, Timofejeva L, Chen C, Grossniklaus U, Ma H. Regulation of Arabidopsis tapetum development and function by DYSFUNCTIONAL TAPETUM1 (DYT1) encoding a putative bHLH transcription factor. Development. 2006;133:3085-95 pubmed..Our results support the hypothesis that DYT1 is a crucial component of a genetic network that controls anther development and function. ..
- Dubey A, Baker C, Romeo T, Babitzke P. RNA sequence and secondary structure participate in high-affinity CsrA-RNA interaction. RNA. 2005;11:1579-87 pubmed..A mutational analysis of one selected ligand confirmed that the conserved ACA, GGA, and GU residues were critical for CsrA binding and that RNA secondary structure participates in CsrA-RNA recognition. ..
- Lee E, Kalantari P, Tsutsui Section S, Klatt A, Holden J, Correll P, et al. RON receptor tyrosine kinase, a negative regulator of inflammation, inhibits HIV-1 transcription in monocytes/macrophages and is decreased in brain tissue from patients with AIDS. J Immunol. 2004;173:6864-72 pubmed..Furthermore, HIV-1 infection would compromise the ability of RON to protect against inflammation and consequent CNS damage. ..
- Zhang Z, Reese J. Ssn6-Tup1 requires the ISW2 complex to position nucleosomes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. EMBO J. 2004;23:2246-57 pubmed..Our study has revealed a novel collaboration between two nucleosome-positioning activities in vivo, and suggests that disruption of nucleosome positioning is insufficient to cause a high level of transcription. ..
- Morrison A, Wilson C, Ray M, Correll P. Macrophage-stimulating protein, the ligand for the stem cell-derived tyrosine kinase/RON receptor tyrosine kinase, inhibits IL-12 production by primary peritoneal macrophages stimulated with IFN-gamma and lipopolysaccharide. J Immunol. 2004;172:1825-32 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest that MSP may actively suppress cell-mediated immune responses through its ability to down-regulate IL-12 production and thus inhibit classical activation of macrophages. ..
- Rohrbaugh M, Ramos E, Nguyen D, Price M, Wen Y, Lai Z. Notch activation of yan expression is antagonized by RTK/pointed signaling in the Drosophila eye. Curr Biol. 2002;12:576-81 pubmed..This competition illustrates a potential mechanism for RTK and Notch signals to oppose each other. Thus, yan serves as a common target of Notch/Su(H) and RTK/Pointed signaling pathways during cell fate specification. ..
- Price M, Lai Z. The yan gene is highly conserved in Drosophila and its expression suggests a complex role throughout development. Dev Genes Evol. 1999;209:207-17 pubmed..Ovarian follicle cells also contain Yan protein. Conservation of the structure and expression patterns of yan genes strongly suggests that regulatory mechanisms for their expression are also conserved in these two species...
- Hu L, Allison S, Phillips A. Identification of multiple repressor recognition sites in the hut system of Pseudomonas putida. J Bacteriol. 1989;171:4189-95 pubmed..A roughly 40-base-pair portion was identified which contained a 16-base-pair region of dyad symmetry located near the transcription initiation site for this operon. ..