Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on rats in Miami, Florida, United States
Locale: Miami, Florida, United States
Publications333 found, 100 shown here
- Zavacki A, Arrojo e Drigo R, Freitas B, Chung M, Harney J, Egri P, et al. The E3 ubiquitin ligase TEB4 mediates degradation of type 2 iodothyronine deiodinase. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:5339-47 pubmed publisher..We conclude that TEB4 interacts with and mediates loss of D2 activity, indicating that D2 ubiquitination and degradation can be tissue specific, depending on WSB-1 and TEB4 expression levels. ..
- Pons M, Marin Castano M. Nicotine increases the VEGF/PEDF ratio in retinal pigment epithelium: a possible mechanism for CNV in passive smokers with AMD. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:3842-53 pubmed publisher..NT increased the VEGF-to-PEDF ratio in the RPE through nAchR in vitro and in vivo. This alteration in the ratio may play a key role in the progression to wet AMD in passive smokers. ..
- Bai G, Rama Rao K, Murthy C, Panickar K, Jayakumar A, Norenberg M. Ammonia induces the mitochondrial permeability transition in primary cultures of rat astrocytes. J Neurosci Res. 2001;66:981-91 pubmed..Collectively, our data indicate that ammonia induces the MPT in cultured astrocytes, which may be a factor in the mitochondrial dysfunction associated with HE and other hyperammonemic states. ..
- Takami T, Oudega M, Bates M, Wood P, Kleitman N, Bunge M. Schwann cell but not olfactory ensheathing glia transplants improve hindlimb locomotor performance in the moderately contused adult rat thoracic spinal cord. J Neurosci. 2002;22:6670-81 pubmed..Thus, in addition to this functional improvement, our results show that an SC graft is more effective in promoting axonal sparing/regeneration than an SC/OEG or OEG graft in the moderately contused adult rat thoracic spinal cord. ..
- Grewer C, Grabsch E. New inhibitors for the neutral amino acid transporter ASCT2 reveal its Na+-dependent anion leak. J Physiol. 2004;557:747-59 pubmed
- Washburn K, Neary J. P2 purinergic receptors signal to STAT3 in astrocytes: Difference in STAT3 responses to P2Y and P2X receptor activation. Neuroscience. 2006;142:411-23 pubmed..We conclude that P2 receptors stimulate STAT3 activation and suggest that P2 receptor/STAT3 signaling may play an important role in astrocyte proliferation and reactive astrogliosis. ..
- Kapela A, Bezerianos A, Tsoukias N. A mathematical model of Ca2+ dynamics in rat mesenteric smooth muscle cell: agonist and NO stimulation. J Theor Biol. 2008;253:238-60 pubmed publisher..The model will provide the basis for the development of multi-cellular mathematical models that will investigate microcirculatory function in health and disease. ..
- Guest J, Herrera L, Margitich I, Oliveria M, Marcillo A, Casas C. Xenografts of expanded primate olfactory ensheathing glia support transient behavioral recovery that is independent of serotonergic or corticospinal axonal regeneration in nude rats following spinal cord transection. Exp Neurol. 2008;212:261-74 pubmed publisher..At 3.5 months only GFP-positive debris in macrophages could be detected. Transplanted POEG support behavioral recovery via mechanisms that appear to be independent of long tract regeneration. ..
- Parkash J. Inflammatory cytokine signaling in insulin producing beta-cells enhances the colocalization correlation coefficient between L-type voltage-dependent calcium channel and calcium-sensing receptor. Int J Mol Med. 2008;22:155-63 pubmed..Such molecular interactions between CaR and VDCC in tissues possibly provide control over Ca2+ channel activity via direct protein-protein contact. ..
- Hu Y, Cho S, Goldberg J. Neurotrophic effect of a novel TrkB agonist on retinal ganglion cells. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2010;51:1747-54 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to elucidate the mechanistic differences between this TrkB agonist and BDNF. ..
- ..This review focuses on the effects of exogenous CNTF on photoreceptors and RGCs in the mammalian retina and the potential clinical application of CNTF for retinal degenerative diseases. ..
- Jergova S, Hentall I, Gajavelli S, Varghese M, Sagen J. Intraspinal transplantation of GABAergic neural progenitors attenuates neuropathic pain in rats: a pharmacologic and neurophysiological evaluation. Exp Neurol. 2012;234:39-49 pubmed publisher..The effects of GABA receptor inhibitors suggest participation of continuously released GABA in the grafted animals. ..
- Jayakumar A, Bak L, Rama Rao K, Waagepetersen H, Schousboe A, Norenberg M. Neuronal Cell Death Induced by Mechanical Percussion Trauma in Cultured Neurons is not Preceded by Alterations in Glucose, Lactate and Glutamine Metabolism. Neurochem Res. 2016;41:307-15 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, such metabolic disturbance does not appear to contribute to the neuronal death in the early stages following trauma. ..
- NasiriNezhad F, Sagen J. NMDA antagonist peptide supplementation enhances pain alleviation by adrenal medullary transplants. Cell Transplant. 2005;14:203-11 pubmed..These results suggest that SHG can augment adrenal medullary transplants, and the combination may result in improved effectiveness and range in the treatment of chronic pain syndromes. ..
- Villar D, Cray C, Zaias J, Altman N. Biologic effects of fenbendazole in rats and mice: a review. J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci. 2007;46:8-15 pubmed..However, data from other animal species suggest that the ability of B and T lymphocytes to proliferate in the secondary immune response may be suppressed during treatment with FBZ...
- Della Morte D, Dave K, DeFazio R, Bao Y, Raval A, Perez Pinzon M. Resveratrol pretreatment protects rat brain from cerebral ischemic damage via a sirtuin 1-uncoupling protein 2 pathway. Neuroscience. 2009;159:993-1002 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, in vivo resveratrol pretreatment confers neuroprotection similar to IPC via the SIRT1-UCP2 pathway. ..
- Reierson G, Mastronardi C, Licinio J, Wong M. Repeated antidepressant therapy increases cyclic GMP signaling in rat hippocampus. Neurosci Lett. 2009;466:149-53 pubmed publisher..Immunoassay results showed unchanged cAMP levels. We conclude that increased cGMP signaling might underlie the efficacy of chronic antidepressant treatment. ..
- Li J, Negro A, Lopez J, Bauman A, Henson E, Dodge Kafka K, et al. The mAKAPbeta scaffold regulates cardiac myocyte hypertrophy via recruitment of activated calcineurin. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2010;48:387-94 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these data illustrate how scaffold proteins organizing localized signaling complexes provide the molecular architecture for signal transduction networks regulating key cellular processes. ..
- Kanashiro Takeuchi R, Tziomalos K, Takeuchi L, Treuer A, Lamirault G, Dulce R, et al. Cardioprotective effects of growth hormone-releasing hormone agonist after myocardial infarction. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:2604-9 pubmed publisher..The phenotypic profile of the response to a potent GHRH agonist has therapeutic implications. ..
- Patel V, Joseph G, Patel A, Patel S, Bustin D, Mawson D, et al. Suspension matrices for improved Schwann-cell survival after implantation into the injured rat spinal cord. J Neurotrauma. 2010;27:789-801 pubmed publisher..The use of a matrix to suspend cells prior to implantation should be an important consideration for achieving improved survival and effectiveness of cellular therapies for future clinical application. ..
- Usher L, Johnstone A, Erturk A, Hu Y, Strikis D, Wanner I, et al. A chemical screen identifies novel compounds that overcome glial-mediated inhibition of neuronal regeneration. J Neurosci. 2010;30:4693-706 pubmed publisher..These compounds should provide insight into the mechanisms through which glial-derived inhibitors of regeneration act, and could lead to the development of novel therapies for CNS injury. ..
- Schulman I, Zhou M, Treuer A, Chadipiralla K, Hare J, Raij L. Altered renal expression of angiotensin II receptors, renin receptor, and ACE-2 precede the development of renal fibrosis in aging rats. Am J Nephrol. 2010;32:249-61 pubmed publisher..Age-related intrarenal activation of the RAS preceded the development of severe renal fibrosis, suggesting that it contributes to the increased susceptibility to renal injury observed in the elderly. ..
- Bigford G, Chaudhry N, Keane R, Holohean A. 5-Hydroxytryptamine 5HT2C receptors form a protein complex with N-methyl-D-aspartate GluN2A subunits and activate phosphorylation of Src protein to modulate motoneuronal depolarization. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:11049-59 pubmed publisher..These findings reveal that a distinct multiprotein complex links 5-hydroxytryptamine-activated intracellular signaling events with NMDA-mediated functional activity. ..
- Fernandez Fernandez A, Manchanda R, Lei T, Carvajal D, Tang Y, Kazmi S, et al. Comparative study of the optical and heat generation properties of IR820 and indocyanine green. Mol Imaging. 2012;11:99-113 pubmed
- Dezfulian C, Alekseyenko A, Dave K, Raval A, Do R, Kim F, et al. Nitrite therapy is neuroprotective and safe in cardiac arrest survivors. Nitric Oxide. 2012;26:241-50 pubmed publisher..Nitrite thus appears safe and effective for clinical translation as a promising therapy against cardiac arrest mediated heart and brain injury...
- Berrocal Y, Almeida V, Gupta R, Levi A. Transplantation of Schwann cells in a collagen tube for the repair of large, segmental peripheral nerve defects in rats. J Neurosurg. 2013;119:720-32 pubmed publisher..Most importantly, this study represents some of the first essential steps in bringing autologous SC-based therapies to the domain of peripheral nerve injuries with long segmental defects. ..
- Kanda H, Kanao M, Liu S, Yi H, Iida T, Levitt R, et al. HSV vector-mediated GAD67 suppresses neuropathic pain induced by perineural HIV gp120 in rats through inhibition of ROS and Wnt5a. Gene Ther. 2016;23:340-8 pubmed publisher..Our studies provide validation of HSV-mediated GAD67 gene therapy in the treatment of HIV-related neuropathic pain. ..
- Rossi E, McNeer R, Price Schiavi S, Van den Brande J, Komatsu M, Thompson J, et al. Sialomucin complex, a heterodimeric glycoprotein complex. Expression as a soluble, secretable form in lactating mammary gland and colon. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:33476-85 pubmed
- Polak M, Eshraghi A, Nehme O, Ahsan S, Guzman J, Delgado R, et al. Evaluation of hearing and auditory nerve function by combining ABR, DPOAE and eABR tests into a single recording session. J Neurosci Methods. 2004;134:141-9 pubmed..All measurements were obtained from anesthetized laboratory rats during single recording sessions using hardware and software stimulation and analysis programs developed by Intelligent Hearing Systems, Miami, FL. ..
- Sun Y, Reuben P, Wenger L, Sallis J, Demadis K, Cheung H. Inhibition of calcium phosphate-DNA coprecipitates induced cell death by phosphocitrates. Front Biosci. 2005;10:803-8 pubmed
- Chen B, Bixby J. A novel substrate of receptor tyrosine phosphatase PTPRO is required for nerve growth factor-induced process outgrowth. J Neurosci. 2005;25:880-8 pubmed
- Tran T, Andreka P, Rodrigues C, Webster K, Bishopric N. Jun kinase delays caspase-9 activation by interaction with the apoptosome. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:20340-50 pubmed..We propose that this interaction delays formation of the active apoptosome, promoting cell survival during short bursts of oxidative stress. ..
- Nimmagadda A, Park H, Prado R, Ginsberg M. Albumin therapy improves local vascular dynamics in a rat model of primary microvascular thrombosis: a two-photon laser-scanning microscopy study. Stroke. 2008;39:198-204 pubmed
- Jimenez J, Roberts S, Mejia J, Mauro L, Munson J, Elgart G, et al. Prevention of chemotherapy-induced alopecia in rodent models. Cell Stress Chaperones. 2008;13:31-8 pubmed publisher..Model tumor therapy experiments support the presumption that such localized hair-saving treatment does not negatively affect chemotherapy efficacy. ..
- Freundlich M, Quiroz Y, Zhang Z, Zhang Y, Bravo Y, Weisinger J, et al. Suppression of renin-angiotensin gene expression in the kidney by paricalcitol. Kidney Int. 2008;74:1394-402 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that the beneficial effects of vitamin D receptor activators in experimental chronic renal failure are due, at least in part, to down-regulation of the renal renin-angiotensin system. ..
- Almario B, Wu S, Peng J, Alapati D, Chen S, Sosenko I. Pentoxifylline and prevention of hyperoxia-induced lung -injury in neonatal rats. Pediatr Res. 2012;71:583-9 pubmed publisher..The phosphodiesterase inhibitor pentoxifylline (PTX) has anti-inflammatory and antifibrotic effects in multiple organs. It was hypothesized that PTX would have a protective effect on hyperoxia-induced lung injury (HILI)...
- Moss B, Silberberg S, Nimigean C, Magleby K. Ca2+-dependent gating mechanisms for dSlo, a large-conductance Ca2+-activated K+ (BK) channel. Biophys J. 1999;76:3099-117 pubmed
- Rothberg B, Magleby K. Voltage and Ca2+ activation of single large-conductance Ca2+-activated K+ channels described by a two-tiered allosteric gating mechanism. J Gen Physiol. 2000;116:75-99 pubmed..The two-tiered model can serve as a working hypothesis for the Ca2+- and voltage-dependent gating of the BK channel. ..
- Belayev L, Khoutorova L, Deisher T, Belayev A, Busto R, Zhang Y, et al. Neuroprotective effect of SolCD39, a novel platelet aggregation inhibitor, on transient middle cerebral artery occlusion in rats. Stroke. 2003;34:758-63 pubmed..A pharmacological agent of this type appears to have potential for the treatment of focal ischemic stroke. ..
- Piedimonte G. Contribution of neuroimmune mechanisms to airway inflammation and remodeling during and after respiratory syncytial virus infection. Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2003;22:S66-74; discussion S74-5 pubmed..On the basis of these observations, we postulate that changes of neurotrophin expression in the respiratory tract may represent an important link between early life viral infections and childhood asthma. ..
- Gutierrez Ford C, Levay K, Gomes A, Perera E, Som T, Kim Y, et al. Characterization of tescalcin, a novel EF-hand protein with a single Ca2+-binding site: metal-binding properties, localization in tissues and cells, and effect on calcineurin. Biochemistry. 2003;42:14553-65 pubmed..Hence, tescalcin is a novel calcineurin B-like protein that binds a single Ca(2+) ion. ..
- Guzman J, Ruiz J, Eshraghi A, Polak M, Garnham C, Balkany T, et al. Triamcinolone acetonide protects auditory hair cells from 4-hydroxy-2,3-nonenal (HNE) ototoxicity in vitro. Acta Otolaryngol. 2006;126:685-90 pubmed
- Locovei S, Scemes E, Qiu F, Spray D, Dahl G. Pannexin1 is part of the pore forming unit of the P2X(7) receptor death complex. FEBS Lett. 2007;581:483-8 pubmed..Thus, pannexin1 appears to be the molecular substrate for the permeabilization pore (or death receptor channel) recruited into the P2X(7)R signaling complex. ..
- Silva H, Kapela A, Tsoukias N. A mathematical model of plasma membrane electrophysiology and calcium dynamics in vascular endothelial cells. Am J Physiol Cell Physiol. 2007;293:C277-93 pubmed..The present study forms the basis for the development of multicellular EC-SMC models that can assist in understanding vascular autoregulation in health and disease. ..
- Liu C, Chen S, Dietrich D, Hu B. Changes in autophagy after traumatic brain injury. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2008;28:674-83 pubmed..Because the autophagy pathway is the chief machinery for bulk elimination of aberrant cell components, we propose that activation of this pathway serves as a protective mechanism for maintaining cellular homeostasis after TBI. ..
- Pearse D, Tian R, Nigro J, Iorgulescu J, Puzis L, Jaimes E. Angiotensin II increases the expression of the transcription factor ETS-1 in mesangial cells. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2008;294:F1094-100 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, rats infused with ANG II manifested increased glomerular expression of ETS-1. These studies unveil novel pathways that may play an important role in the pathogenesis of renal injury when RAS is activated. ..
- Liu C, Gao Y, Barrett J, Hu B. Autophagy and protein aggregation after brain ischemia. J Neurochem. 2010;115:68-78 pubmed publisher..The resulting protein aggregation on subcellular organelle membranes could lead to multiple organelle damage and to delayed neuronal death after transient cerebral ischemia. ..
- Hama A, Plum A, Sagen J. Antinociceptive effect of ambroxol in rats with neuropathic spinal cord injury pain. Pharmacol Biochem Behav. 2010;97:249-55 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, the data suggest that peripherally expressed Na(+) channels could lend themselves as targets for the development of pharmacotherapies for SCI pain...
- Della Morte D, Raval A, Dave K, Lin H, Perez Pinzon M. Post-ischemic activation of protein kinase C ? protects the hippocampus from cerebral ischemic injury via alterations in cerebral blood flow. Neurosci Lett. 2011;487:158-62 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that ?PKC can protect the rat brain against ischemic damage by regulating CBF. Thus, ?PKC may be one of the treatment modalities against ischemic injury. ..
- Hummler S, Rong M, Chen S, Hehre D, Alapati D, Wu S. Targeting glycogen synthase kinase-3? to prevent hyperoxia-induced lung injury in neonatal rats. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2013;48:578-88 pubmed publisher..Thus, targeting GSK-3? signaling may offer a novel strategy to prevent and treat preterm infants with BPD...
- Trakhtenberg E, Wang Y, Morkin M, Fernandez S, Mlacker G, Shechter J, et al. Regulating Set-?'s Subcellular Localization Toggles Its Function between Inhibiting and Promoting Axon Growth and Regeneration. J Neurosci. 2014;34:7361-74 pubmed publisher..Thus, Set-? differentially regulates axon growth and regeneration depending on subcellular localization and phosphorylation. ..
- Gomez C, Martinez L, Mesa A, Duque J, Escobar L, Pham S, et al. Oxidative stress induces early-onset apoptosis of vascular smooth muscle cells and neointima formation in response to injury. Biosci Rep. 2015;35: pubmed publisher..This remodelling process leads to the local accumulation of inflammatory cytokines and repopulation of the media, which ultimately contribute to neointima formation. ..
- Hu Y, Carvajal M, Carraway K. Sialomucin complex (rMuc4) expression during development of the rat cornea. Curr Eye Res. 2000;21:820-3 pubmed..SMC at the corneal surfaces steadily increases during development to adulthood, but does not exhibit a marked transition in expression at the time of eye-opening. ..
- Enninga J, Levay A, Fontoura B. Sec13 shuttles between the nucleus and the cytoplasm and stably interacts with Nup96 at the nuclear pore complex. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:7271-84 pubmed..These results indicate that Sec13 stably interacts with Nup96 at the NPC during interphase and that the shuttling of Sec13 between the nucleus and the cytoplasm may couple and regulate functions between these two compartments. ..
- Grotendorst G, Rahmanie H, Duncan M. Combinatorial signaling pathways determine fibroblast proliferation and myofibroblast differentiation. FASEB J. 2004;18:469-79 pubmed..We propose a model for this process with regard to wound repair and fibrotic lesion formation that is likely applicable to other instances of CTGF action during embryogenesis. ..
- Hama A, Sagen J. Antinociceptive effect of cannabinoid agonist WIN 55,212-2 in rats with a spinal cord injury. Exp Neurol. 2007;204:454-7 pubmed..These data indicate that a CB(1)-selective agonist may be novel therapeutic treatment for clinical SCI pain. ..
- Jayakumar A, Rama Rao K, Tong X, Norenberg M. Calcium in the mechanism of ammonia-induced astrocyte swelling. J Neurochem. 2009;109 Suppl 1:252-7 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that the ammonia-induced rise in intracellular Ca2+ activates free radical producing enzymes that ultimately contribute to the mechanism of astrocyte swelling. ..
- Manning E, Pham S, Li S, Vazquez Padron R, Mathew J, Ruiz P, et al. Interleukin-10 delivery via mesenchymal stem cells: a novel gene therapy approach to prevent lung ischemia-reperfusion injury. Hum Gene Ther. 2010;21:713-27 pubmed publisher..05) CD4(+) and CD8(+) T cells in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid compared with untreated control animals. A therapeutic strategy using vIL-10-engineered MSCs to prevent IR injury in lung transplantation seems promising. ..
- Blackmore M, Moore D, Smith R, Goldberg J, Bixby J, Lemmon V. High content screening of cortical neurons identifies novel regulators of axon growth. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2010;44:43-54 pubmed publisher..These data provide important support for the hypothesis that developmental changes in gene expression control neurite outgrowth, and identify potential new gene targets to promote neurite outgrowth. ..
- Hama A, Sagen J. Activation of spinal and supraspinal cannabinoid-1 receptors leads to antinociception in a rat model of neuropathic spinal cord injury pain. Brain Res. 2011;1412:44-54 pubmed publisher..Although such a mechanism could be useful in other models of pain with a significant inflammatory component, the current data indicate that activation of CB1 receptors is needed to ameliorate neuropathic SCI pain. ..
- de Rivero Vaccari J, Minkiewicz J, Wang X, de Rivero Vaccari J, German R, Marcillo A, et al. Astrogliosis involves activation of retinoic acid-inducible gene-like signaling in the innate immune response after spinal cord injury. Glia. 2012;60:414-21 pubmed publisher..Our findings identify a role for RLR signaling and type I IFN in regulating astrocyte innate immune responses after SCI. ..
- Kanashiro Takeuchi R, Takeuchi L, Rick F, Dulce R, Treuer A, Florea V, et al. Activation of growth hormone releasing hormone (GHRH) receptor stimulates cardiac reverse remodeling after myocardial infarction (MI). Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:559-63 pubmed publisher..Therefore, activation of GHRHR provides a unique therapeutic approach to reverse remodeling after MI. ..
- Hentall I, Noga B, Sagen J. Spinal allografts of adrenal medulla block nociceptive facilitation in the dorsal horn. J Neurophysiol. 2001;85:1788-92 pubmed..In conclusion, the adrenal transplants block short-term spinal nociceptive facilitation, probably by stimulating some persistent cellular process that may be an important determinant, but not the only one, of their analgesic effect...
- Murthy P, Riesberg M, Hart S, Bustillo A, Duque C, Said S, et al. Efficacy of perioperative thromboprophylactic agents in the maintenance of anastamotic patency and survival of rat microvascular free groin flaps. Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2003;129:176-82 pubmed..01) but no significant improvement with combined therapy (P > 0.05). In this animal model, LMWH and pentoxifylline have significant thrombroprophylactic effects when used individually but not in combination. ..
- Neary J, Kang Y, Tran M, Feld J. Traumatic injury activates protein kinase B/Akt in cultured astrocytes: role of extracellular ATP and P2 purinergic receptors. J Neurotrauma. 2005;22:491-500 pubmed..This suggests that P2 receptor/Akt signaling promotes astrocyte survival and growth, and this process may play a role in the generation of reactive gliosis after TBI. ..
- Landin A, Kim J, Chaudhari N. Liposome-mediated transfection of mature taste cells. J Neurobiol. 2005;65:12-21 pubmed..These studies should permit ex vivo strategies for studying development and cellular function in taste cells. ..
- Bravo Egana V, Rosero S, Molano R, Pileggi A, Ricordi C, Dominguez Bendala J, et al. Quantitative differential expression analysis reveals miR-7 as major islet microRNA. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;366:922-6 pubmed..Therefore, we conclude that miR-7 is the most abundant endocrine miRNA in islets while miR-375 is the most abundant intra-islet miRNA. Our results may offer new insights into regulatory pathways of islet gene expression. ..
- Zhang Z, Gameiro A, Grewer C. Highly conserved asparagine 82 controls the interaction of Na+ with the sodium-coupled neutral amino acid transporter SNAT2. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:12284-92 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate a direct or indirect involvement of Asn(82) in Na(+) coordination by SNAT2. Therefore, we predict that TMD1 is crucial for the function of SLC38 transporters and that of related families. ..
- Kim H, Zhang Y, Gwak Y, Abdi S. Phenyl N-tert-butylnitrone, a free radical scavenger, reduces mechanical allodynia in chemotherapy-induced neuropathic pain in rats. Anesthesiology. 2010;112:432-9 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, our data show that PBN given on days 7 through 15 after the first paclitaxel injection prevented the development of chemotherapy-induced neuropathic pain. This clearly has a clinical implication. ..
- Rao K, Jayakumar A, Reddy P, Tong X, Curtis K, Norenberg M. Aquaporin-4 in manganese-treated cultured astrocytes. Glia. 2010;58:1490-9 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of oxidative stress or MAPKs may represent potential strategies for counteracting AQP4-related neurological complications associated with manganese toxicity. ..
- Tomura S, de Rivero Vaccari J, Keane R, Bramlett H, Dietrich W. Effects of therapeutic hypothermia on inflammasome signaling after traumatic brain injury. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2012;32:1939-47 pubmed publisher..Therapeutic hypothermia may protect the injured central nervous system by targeting the detrimental consequences of the innate immune response to injury. ..
- Steketee M, Moysidis S, Weinstein J, Kreymerman A, Silva J, Iqbal S, et al. Mitochondrial dynamics regulate growth cone motility, guidance, and neurite growth rate in perinatal retinal ganglion cells in vitro. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2012;53:7402-11 pubmed publisher..These results support the hypothesis that mitochondria locally modulate signaling in the distal neurite and growth cone to affect the direction and the rate of neurite growth. ..
- Wilson N, Gurney M, Dietrich W, Atkins C. Therapeutic benefits of phosphodiesterase 4B inhibition after traumatic brain injury. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0178013 pubmed publisher..This treatment paradigm also reduced cortical, but not hippocampal, atrophy. Overall, these results suggest that acute PDE4B inhibition may be a viable treatment to reduce inflammation, pathology and memory deficits after TBI. ..
- Lenz G, Gottfried C, Luo Z, Avruch J, Rodnight R, Nie W, et al. P(2Y) purinoceptor subtypes recruit different mek activators in astrocytes. Br J Pharmacol. 2000;129:927-36 pubmed
- Dave K, Saul I, Busto R, Ginsberg M, Sick T, Perez Pinzon M. Ischemic preconditioning preserves mitochondrial function after global cerebral ischemia in rat hippocampus. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2001;21:1401-10 pubmed..These data suggest that IPC protects the integrity of mitochondrial oxidative phosphorylation after cerebral ischemia. ..
- Danton G, Prado R, Truettner J, Watson B, Dietrich W. Endothelial nitric oxide synthase pathophysiology after nonocclusive common carotid artery thrombosis in rats. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2002;22:612-9 pubmed..Changes in the eNOS system may account for some of the observed vascular deficits in patients with cerebrovascular disease. ..
- Li X, Dancausse H, Grijalva I, Oliveira M, Levi A. Labeling Schwann cells with CFSE-an in vitro and in vivo study. J Neurosci Methods. 2003;125:83-91 pubmed..These results suggest that CFSE can be used as a fluorescent tracer of human SCs for both in vitro and in vivo studies, for a period of at least 4 weeks. ..
- Jin H, Carrio R, Yu A, Malek T. Distinct activation signals determine whether IL-21 induces B cell costimulation, growth arrest, or Bim-dependent apoptosis. J Immunol. 2004;173:657-65 pubmed..We favor a model in which IL-21 promotes B cell maturation during a productive T cell-dependent B cell response, while favoring growth arrest and apoptosis for nonspecifically or inappropriately activated B cells. ..
- Caberoy N, Maiguel D, Kim Y, Li W. Identification of tubby and tubby-like protein 1 as eat-me signals by phage display. Exp Cell Res. 2010;316:245-57 pubmed publisher..These data reveal a novel activity of tubby and Tulp1, and demonstrate that unbiased identification of eat-me signals by the broadly applicable strategy of ORF phage display can provide detailed insights into phagocyte biology. ..
- Huang X, Kong W, Zhou Y, Gregori G. Distortion of axonal cytoskeleton: an early sign of glaucomatous damage. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:2879-88 pubmed publisher..Glaucoma causes alteration of the cytoskeleton in the RNFL. F-actin is the most sensitive component in its response to stress on the retina. An increase in the number of nuclei in the RNFL may be an early sign of glaucomatous damage. ..
- Lotocki G, de Rivero Vaccari J, de Rivero Vaccari J, Alonso O, Molano J, Nixon R, et al. Oligodendrocyte vulnerability following traumatic brain injury in rats. Neurosci Lett. 2011;499:143-8 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to test therapeutic interventions that prevent trauma-induced oligodendrocyte cell death, subsequent demyelination and circuit dysfunction. ..
- Huang X, Knighton R, Spector Y, Qiao J, Kong W, Zhao Q. Reflectance Spectrum and Birefringence of the Retinal Nerve Fiber Layer With Hypertensive Damage of Axonal Cytoskeleton. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2017;58:2118-2129 pubmed publisher..Both properties, however, may provide a means to detect disease and to estimate ultrastructural damage of the RNFL in glaucoma. ..
- Liu C, Hu B. Alterations of N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive atpase following transient cerebral ischemia. Neuroscience. 2004;128:767-74 pubmed
- Rama Rao K, Jayakumar A, Norenberg M. Differential response of glutamine in cultured neurons and astrocytes. J Neurosci Res. 2005;79:193-9 pubmed
- Raval A, Dave K, DeFazio R, Perez Pinzon M. epsilonPKC phosphorylates the mitochondrial K(+) (ATP) channel during induction of ischemic preconditioning in the rat hippocampus. Brain Res. 2007;1184:345-53 pubmed..2 as a phosphorylation target of epsilonPKC or its downstream effectors. Our results support the hypothesis that the brain mtK(+)(ATP) channel is an important target of IPC and the signal transduction pathways initiated by epsilonPKC. ..
- Monje P, Rendon S, Athauda G, Bates M, Wood P, Bunge M. Non-antagonistic relationship between mitogenic factors and cAMP in adult Schwann cell re-differentiation. Glia. 2009;57:947-61 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results indicate that in the absence of neurons, cAMP can trigger SC re-differentiation concurrently with, but independently of, growth factor signaling. ..