Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on phosphorylation in Tampa, Florida, United States
Locale: Tampa, Florida, United States
Publications129 found, 100 shown here
- Kreahling J, Gemmer J, Reed D, Letson D, Bui M, Altiok S. MK1775, a selective Wee1 inhibitor, shows single-agent antitumor activity against sarcoma cells. Mol Cancer Ther. 2012;11:174-82 pubmed publisher..Finally, in patient-derived sarcoma samples, we showed that MK1775 as a single agent causes significant apoptotic cell death, suggesting that Wee1 inhibition may represent a novel approach in the treatment of sarcomas...
- Henning R, Cuevas J. Cocaine activates calcium/calmodulin kinase II and causes cardiomyocyte hypertrophy. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2006;48:802-13 pubmed..6%, and beta-MHC by 66.2% (P < 0.01) and significantly decreased cocaine-induced Ca transients and [Ca]i. We conclude that CaMKII activation is an important mechanism whereby cocaine can cause myocyte hypertrophy. ..
- Karandrea S, Yin H, Liang X, Slitt A, Heart E. Thymoquinone ameliorates diabetic phenotype in Diet-Induced Obesity mice via activation of SIRT-1-dependent pathways. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0185374 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate that TQ ameliorates the diabetic phenotype in the DIO mouse model of type 2 diabetes. ..
- Turkson J, Zhang S, Palmer J, Kay H, Stanko J, Mora L, et al. Inhibition of constitutive signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 activation by novel platinum complexes with potent antitumor activity. Mol Cancer Ther. 2004;3:1533-42 pubmed..Thus, the modulation of oncogenic signal transduction pathways, such as Stat3, may be one of the key molecular mechanisms for the antitumor effects of platinum (IV)-containing complexes. ..
- Jinwal U, O Leary J, Borysov S, Jones J, Li Q, Koren J, et al. Hsc70 rapidly engages tau after microtubule destabilization. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:16798-805 pubmed publisher..Thus, under normal circumstances, MC1 formation may be a protective conformation facilitated by Hsc70. However, in a diseased environment, Hsc70 may preserve Tau in a more unstructured state, perhaps facilitating its pathogenicity. ..
- Kee Y, Huang M, Chang S, Moreau L, Park E, Smith P, et al. Inhibition of the Nedd8 system sensitizes cells to DNA interstrand cross-linking agents. Mol Cancer Res. 2012;10:369-77 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that a combination of Nedd8 inhibition with ICL-inducing agents may be an effective strategy for sensitizing a subset of drug-resistant cancer cells. ..
- Hellermann G, Flam B, Eichler D, Solomonson L. Stimulation of receptor-mediated nitric oxide production by vanadate. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2000;20:2045-50 pubmed
- Bowman T, Garcia R, Turkson J, Jove R. STATs in oncogenesis. Oncogene. 2000;19:2474-88 pubmed..This review presents the evidence for critical roles of STATs in oncogenesis and discusses the potential for development of novel cancer therapies based on mechanistic understanding of STAT signaling. Oncogene (2000). ..
- Fang B, Haura E, Smalley K, Eschrich S, Koomen J. Methods for investigation of targeted kinase inhibitor therapy using chemical proteomics and phosphorylation profiling. Biochem Pharmacol. 2010;80:739-47 pubmed publisher..In this review, commonly applied technologies and workflows are discussed to illustrate the role of proteomics in examining tumor biology and therapeutic intervention using kinase inhibitors. ..
- Mahajan K, Malla P, Lawrence H, Chen Z, Kumar Sinha C, Malik R, et al. ACK1/TNK2 Regulates Histone H4 Tyr88-phosphorylation and AR Gene Expression in Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer. Cancer Cell. 2017;31:790-803.e8 pubmed publisher..Thus, a feedforward ACK1/pY88-H4/WDR5/MLL2/AR epigenetic circuit drives CRPC and is necessary for maintenance of the malignant state. ..
- Nimmanapalli R, Fuino L, Stobaugh C, Richon V, Bhalla K. Cotreatment with the histone deacetylase inhibitor suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid (SAHA) enhances imatinib-induced apoptosis of Bcr-Abl-positive human acute leukemia cells. Blood. 2003;101:3236-9 pubmed..Taken together, these findings indicate that cotreatment with SAHA enhances the cytotoxic effects of imatinib and may have activity against imatinib-refractory CML-BC. ..
- Chen L, Gilkes D, Pan Y, Lane W, Chen J. ATM and Chk2-dependent phosphorylation of MDMX contribute to p53 activation after DNA damage. EMBO J. 2005;24:3411-22 pubmed..Chk2 also stimulates MDMX ubiquitination and degradation by MDM2. Therefore, the E3 ligase activity of MDM2 is redirected to MDMX after DNA damage and contributes to p53 activation. ..
- Borysova M, Cui Y, Snyder M, Guadagno T. Knockdown of B-Raf impairs spindle formation and the mitotic checkpoint in human somatic cells. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:2894-901 pubmed..Thus, our data implicates a mitotic role for B-Raf in regulating spindle formation and the spindle checkpoint in human somatic cells. ..
- Morgan D, Munireddy S, Alamed J, Deleon J, Diamond D, Bickford P, et al. Apparent behavioral benefits of tau overexpression in P301L tau transgenic mice. J Alzheimers Dis. 2008;15:605-14 pubmed..In conclusion, it seems that the modest tau overexpression or the presence of mutant tau in the JNPL3 tau mice may provide some benefit with respect to motor and cognitive performance before the onset of paralysis. ..
- Wecker L, Pollock V, Pacheco M, Pastoor T. Nicotine-induced up regulation of ?4?2 neuronal nicotinic receptors is mediated by the protein kinase C-dependent phosphorylation of ?4 subunits. Neuroscience. 2010;171:12-22 pubmed publisher..Because up regulation of these receptors has been implicated to mediate tolerance, locomotor sensitization and addiction to nicotine, results identify a potential new target for modulating the effects of nicotine on the brain. ..
- Stevanovic K, Yunus A, Joly Amado A, Gordon M, Morgan D, Gulick D, et al. Disruption of normal circadian clock function in a mouse model of tauopathy. Exp Neurol. 2017;294:58-67 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, these results establish the Tg4510 mouse line as a model to study how tauopathy disrupts normal circadian rhythm biology. ..
- Chen H, Rao M, Sajan M, Standaert M, Kanoh Y, Miura A, et al. Role of adipocyte-derived factors in enhancing insulin signaling in skeletal muscle and white adipose tissue of mice lacking Acyl CoA:diacylglycerol acyltransferase 1. Diabetes. 2004;53:1445-51 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate that DGAT1 deficiency enhances insulin signaling in the skeletal muscle and WAT, in part through altered expression of adipocyte-derived factors that modulate insulin signaling in peripheral tissues. ..
- Cui Y, Guadagno T. B-Raf(V600E) signaling deregulates the mitotic spindle checkpoint through stabilizing Mps1 levels in melanoma cells. Oncogene. 2008;27:3122-33 pubmed..Collectively, our findings implicate a new mechanism through which B-Raf(V600E) exerts its oncogenic effects in melanoma. ..
- Roll J, Reuther G. ALK-activating homologous mutations in LTK induce cellular transformation. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e31733 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that aberrant activation of LTK may contribute to neoplastic cell growth. ..
- Smith A, Kim S, Duggirala N, Jin J, Wojtas L, Ehrhart J, et al. Improving lithium therapeutics by crystal engineering of novel ionic cocrystals. Mol Pharm. 2013;10:4728-38 pubmed publisher..Indeed, the studies detailed herein represent an important advancement in a crystal engineering approach to a new generation of lithium therapeutics. ..
- Carter Y, Liu G, Stephens W, Carter G, Yang J, Mendez C. Heat shock protein (HSP72) and p38 MAPK involvement in sublethal hemorrhage (SLH)-induced tolerance. J Surg Res. 2003;111:70-7 pubmed..In vitro HSP72 induction is associated with increased p38 phosphorylation. Like SLH, mphi with induced HSP72 expression, have an attenuated TNF response. HSP72 acts independently from p38 in inducing tolerance. ..
- Borysov S, Guadagno T. A novel role for Cdk1/cyclin B in regulating B-raf activation at mitosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2008;19:2907-15 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data reveal a novel cell cycle mechanism for activating the B-Raf/MEK/MAPK cascade. ..
- Griner L, McGraw K, Johnson J, List A, Reuther G. JAK2-V617F-mediated signalling is dependent on lipid rafts and statins inhibit JAK2-V617F-dependent cell growth. Br J Haematol. 2013;160:177-87 pubmed publisher..Our study is the first to demonstrate that JAK2-V617F signalling is dependent on lipid rafts and that statins may be effective in a potential therapeutic approach for MPNs. ..
- Liu J, Wei S, Burnette P, Gamero A, Hutton M, Djeu J. Functional association of TGF-beta receptor II with cyclin B. Oncogene. 1999;18:269-75 pubmed..These results suggest an alternative mechanism that cell cycle arrest in the G1/S phase caused by TGFbeta may, in part, be due to inactivation of cyclin B/Cdc2 kinase, which is needed for entry into the G2/M phase. ..
- Chen L, Li C, Pan Y, Chen J. Regulation of p53-MDMX interaction by casein kinase 1 alpha. Mol Cell Biol. 2005;25:6509-20 pubmed..These results suggest that CK1alpha is a functionally relevant MDMX-binding protein and plays an important role in regulating p53 activity in the absence or presence of stress. ..
- Rios Doria J, Melendez J, Monteiro A. Three-color intranuclear staining for measuring mitosis and apoptosis in cells transfected with a GFP-tagged histone. Biotech Histochem. 2010;85:127-31 pubmed publisher..We also demonstrate another application of this method for simultaneous detection of a GFP-tagged histone, DNA content, and cleaved caspase-3. ..
- Marchion D, Cottrill H, Xiong Y, Chen N, Bicaku E, Fulp W, et al. BAD phosphorylation determines ovarian cancer chemosensitivity and patient survival. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17:6356-66 pubmed publisher..The pathway has clinical relevance as a biomarker of therapeutic response, patient survival, and as a promising therapeutic target. ..
- Dasgupta P, Sun J, Wang S, Fusaro G, Betts V, Padmanabhan J, et al. Disruption of the Rb--Raf-1 interaction inhibits tumor growth and angiogenesis. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:9527-41 pubmed..It appears that Raf-1 links mitogenic signaling to Rb and that disruption of this interaction could aid in controlling proliferative disorders. ..
- Desai S, Pillai P, Win Piazza H, Acevedo Duncan M. PKC-? promotes glioblastoma cell survival by phosphorylating and inhibiting BAD through a phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase pathway. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2011;1813:1190-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, our data suggest that glioma cell survival occurs through a novel PI (3)-kinase/PDK1/PKC-?/BAD mediated pathway. ..
- Standaert M, Sajan M, Miura A, Bandyopadhyay G, Farese R. Requirements for pYXXM motifs in Cbl for binding to the p85 subunit of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and Crk, and activation of atypical protein kinase C and glucose transport during insulin action in 3T3/L1 adipocytes. Biochemistry. 2004;43:15494-502 pubmed
- Garrett C, Coppola D, Wenham R, Cubitt C, Neuger A, Frost T, et al. Phase I pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic study of triciribine phosphate monohydrate, a small-molecule inhibitor of AKT phosphorylation, in adult subjects with solid tumors containing activated AKT. Invest New Drugs. 2011;29:1381-9 pubmed publisher..Although single agent activity was not observed in this enriched population, further combination studies of TCN-PM with other signal transduction pathway inhibitors in solid tumors is warranted. ..
- Patel R, Liu Y, Wang B, Li R, Sebti S. Identification of novel ROCK inhibitors with anti-migratory and anti-invasive activities. Oncogene. 2014;33:550-5 pubmed publisher..The potential of this class of RKIs as anti-tumor agents warrants further advanced preclinical studies. ..
- Nanjundan M, Byers L, Carey M, Siwak D, Raso M, Diao L, et al. Proteomic profiling identifies pathways dysregulated in non-small cell lung cancer and an inverse association of AMPK and adhesion pathways with recurrence. J Thorac Oncol. 2010;5:1894-904 pubmed publisher..These data provide evidence for dysregulation of several pathways including those involving energy sensing and adhesion that are potentially associated with NSCLC pathogenesis and disease recurrence. ..
- Peng Y, Sigua C, Gallagher S, Murr M. Protein kinase C-zeta is critical in pancreatitis-induced apoptosis of Kupffer cells. J Gastrointest Surg. 2007;11:1253-61 pubmed..The ability of Kupffer cells to autoregulate their stress response by upregulating their death receptor/ligand and key proapoptotic cell signaling systems warrants further investigation. ..
- Lee H, Sengupta N, Villagra A, Rezai Zadeh N, Seto E. Histone deacetylase 8 safeguards the human ever-shorter telomeres 1B (hEST1B) protein from ubiquitin-mediated degradation. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:5259-69 pubmed..Importantly, HDAC8 regulation of hEST1B protein stability modulates total telomerase enzymatic activity. Our findings reveal a novel mechanism by which HDAC8 contributes to tumorigenesis by regulating telomerase activity. ..
- Hu X, Zuckerman K. Cell cycle and transcriptional control of human myeloid leukemic cells by transforming growth factor beta. Leuk Lymphoma. 2000;38:235-46 pubmed..In summary, TGFbeta1 inhibits growth of human myeloid leukemic cells through multiple pathways, whereas the "cdk inhibitor" p27 is both a positive and negative regulator. ..
- Pollock V, Pastoor T, Wecker L. Cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA) phosphorylates Ser362 and 467 and protein kinase C phosphorylates Ser550 within the M3/M4 cytoplasmic domain of human nicotinic receptor alpha4 subunits. J Neurochem. 2007;103:456-66 pubmed
- Xue B, Dunker A, Uversky V. The roles of intrinsic disorder in orchestrating the Wnt-pathway. J Biomol Struct Dyn. 2012;29:843-61 pubmed..Intrinsically disordered APC helps the collection of ?-catenin from cytoplasm, facilitates the b-catenin delivery to the binding sites on Axin, and controls the final detachment of ?-catenin from Axin. ..
- Koren J, Miyata Y, Kiray J, O Leary J, Nguyen L, Guo J, et al. Rhodacyanine derivative selectively targets cancer cells and overcomes tamoxifen resistance. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e35566 pubmed publisher..Thus, modifications to the rhodocyanine scaffold could potentially be made to improve efficacy and pharmacokinetic properties. Moreover, the impact on tamoxifen sensitivity could be a new utility for this compound family. ..
- Schonbrunn E, Betzi S, Alam R, Martin M, Becker A, Han H, et al. Development of highly potent and selective diaminothiazole inhibitors of cyclin-dependent kinases. J Med Chem. 2013;56:3768-82 pubmed publisher..Combined, the results demonstrate the potential of this new inhibitors series for further development into CDK-specific chemical probes or therapeutics. ..
- Desai S, Pillai P, Patel R, McCray A, Win Piazza H, Acevedo Duncan M. Regulation of Cdk7 activity through a phosphatidylinositol (3)-kinase/PKC-?-mediated signaling cascade in glioblastoma. Carcinogenesis. 2012;33:10-9 pubmed publisher..PKC-? knockdown inhibited overall proliferation rates and induced apoptosis in glioma cells. These findings suggest that glioma cells may be proliferating through a novel PI (3)-kinase-/PKC-?/Cdk7/cdk2-mediated pathway. ..
- Lawrence H, Martin M, Luo Y, Pireddu R, Yang H, Gevariya H, et al. Development of o-chlorophenyl substituted pyrimidines as exceptionally potent aurora kinase inhibitors. J Med Chem. 2012;55:7392-7416 pubmed publisher..Compounds such as 9m with water-solubilizing moieties at the para position of the B-ring inhibited the autophosphorylation of Aurora A in MDA-MB-468 breast cancer cells. ..
- Kong X, San Juan H, Behera A, Peeples M, Wu J, Lockey R, et al. ERK-1/2 activity is required for efficient RSV infection. FEBS Lett. 2004;559:33-8 pubmed..Inhibition of ERK pathways significantly decreases RSV infection of these cells compared to controls. These results demonstrate that the activation of the ERK-1/2 is required in RSV-induced early gene expression. ..
- Gatenby R, Frieden B. Coulomb interactions between cytoplasmic electric fields and phosphorylated messenger proteins optimize information flow in cells. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e12084 pubmed publisher..This work demonstrates that previously unrecognized Coulomb interactions between phosphorylated messenger proteins and intracellular electric fields will optimize information transfer from the CM to the NM in cells. ..
- Bai Y, Li J, Fang B, Edwards A, Zhang G, Bui M, et al. Phosphoproteomics identifies driver tyrosine kinases in sarcoma cell lines and tumors. Cancer Res. 2012;72:2501-11 pubmed publisher..Together, our findings suggest that integrating global phosphoproteomics with functional analyses with kinase inhibitors can identify drivers of sarcoma growth and survival. ..
- Beeson M, Sajan M, Dizon M, Grebenev D, Gomez Daspet J, Miura A, et al. Activation of protein kinase C-zeta by insulin and phosphatidylinositol-3,4,5-(PO4)3 is defective in muscle in type 2 diabetes and impaired glucose tolerance: amelioration by rosiglitazone and exercise. Diabetes. 2003;52:1926-34 pubmed..Defective aPKC activation contributes to skeletal muscle insulin resistance in IGT and type 2 diabetes, rosiglitazone improves insulin-stimulated aPKC activation, and exercise directly activates aPKCs in diabetic muscle. ..
- Ma Y, Chen L, Wright G, Pillai S, Chellappan S, Cress W. CDKN1C negatively regulates RNA polymerase II C-terminal domain phosphorylation in an E2F1-dependent manner. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:9813-22 pubmed publisher..A central E2F1 domain interacts directly with CDKN1C, whereas a C-terminal E2F1 domain interacts with CDKN1C via interaction with Rb. The results presented in this report highlight a novel mechanism of tumor suppression by CDKN1C. ..
- Patel N, Yamamoto M, Illingworth P, Mancu D, Mebert K, Chappell D, et al. Phosphoinositide 3-kinase mediates protein kinase C beta II mRNA destabilization in rat A10 smooth muscle cell cultures exposed to high glucose. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2002;403:111-20 pubmed..In these cells, high-glucose concentrations activated a metabolically linked signaling pathway independent of glucose metabolism to regulate mRNA processing. ..
- Li P, Li C, Zhao X, Zhang X, Nicosia S, Bai W. p27(Kip1) stabilization and G(1) arrest by 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D(3) in ovarian cancer cells mediated through down-regulation of cyclin E/cyclin-dependent kinase 2 and Skp1-Cullin-F-box protein/Skp2 ubiquitin ligase. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:25260-7 pubmed
- Wei S, Zhou J, Chen X, Shah R, Liu J, Orcutt T, et al. The zebrafish activating immune receptor Nitr9 signals via Dap12. Immunogenetics. 2007;59:813-21 pubmed
- Homsi J, Cubitt C, Zhang S, Munster P, Yu H, Sullivan D, et al. Src activation in melanoma and Src inhibitors as therapeutic agents in melanoma. Melanoma Res. 2009;19:167-75 pubmed publisher..Src inhibitors may be a promising therapy in melanoma, either by themselves or in combination with chemotherapy (especially with platinum compounds) or inhibitors of the Akt/PI3k pathway. ..
- Sun M, Paciga J, Feldman R, Yuan Z, Coppola D, Lu Y, et al. Phosphatidylinositol-3-OH Kinase (PI3K)/AKT2, activated in breast cancer, regulates and is induced by estrogen receptor alpha (ERalpha) via interaction between ERalpha and PI3K. Cancer Res. 2001;61:5985-91 pubmed
- Lee H, Rezai Zadeh N, Seto E. Negative regulation of histone deacetylase 8 activity by cyclic AMP-dependent protein kinase A. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:765-73 pubmed..Remarkably, inhibition of HDAC8 activity by hyperphosphorylation leads to hyperacetylation of histones H3 and H4, suggesting that PKA-mediated phosphorylation of HDAC8 plays a central role in the overall acetylation status of histones. ..
- Patel N, Kaneko S, Apostolatos H, Bae S, Watson J, Davidowitz K, et al. Molecular and genetic studies imply Akt-mediated signaling promotes protein kinase CbetaII alternative splicing via phosphorylation of serine/arginine-rich splicing factor SRp40. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:14302-9 pubmed..This model is upheld in Akt2-deficient mice with insulin resistance leading to diabetes mellitus. ..
- Canovas P, Guadagno T. Functional analysis of Survivin in spindle assembly in Xenopus egg extracts. J Cell Biochem. 2007;100:217-29 pubmed..Taken together, we propose that Survivin is a necessary component of the mitotic spindle and its phosphorylation at residue Thr43 is important for Survivin function in spindle assembly. ..
- Matthews J, Belof J, Acevedo Duncan M, Potter R. Glucosamine-induced increase in Akt phosphorylation corresponds to increased endoplasmic reticulum stress in astroglial cells. Mol Cell Biochem. 2007;298:109-23 pubmed..The mechanism by which STZ increases Akt phosphorylation, however, remains unknown...
- Rowe D, Leonardo C, Recio J, Collier L, Willing A, Pennypacker K. Human umbilical cord blood cells protect oligodendrocytes from brain ischemia through Akt signal transduction. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:4177-87 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the soluble factors released from human umbilical cord blood cells converge on Akt to elevate peroxiredoxin 4 levels, and these effects contribute to oligodendrocyte survival. ..
- Patel N, Chalfant C, Watson J, Wyatt J, Dean N, Eichler D, et al. Insulin regulates alternative splicing of protein kinase C beta II through a phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase-dependent pathway involving the nuclear serine/arginine-rich splicing factor, SRp40, in skeletal muscle cells. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:22648-54 pubmed
- Kim D, Shu S, Coppola M, Kaneko S, Yuan Z, Cheng J. Regulation of proapoptotic mammalian ste20-like kinase MST2 by the IGF1-Akt pathway. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9616 pubmed publisher..Our findings demonstrate for the first time that extracellular cell survival signal IGF1 regulates MST2 and that Akt is a key upstream regulator of MST2. ..
- Mahajan K, Coppola D, Challa S, Fang B, Chen Y, Zhu W, et al. Ack1 mediated AKT/PKB tyrosine 176 phosphorylation regulates its activation. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9646 pubmed publisher..Thus, RTK/Ack1/AKT pathway provides a novel target for drug discovery. ..
- Tan J, Town T, Paris D, Mori T, Suo Z, Crawford F, et al. Microglial activation resulting from CD40-CD40L interaction after beta-amyloid stimulation. Science. 1999;286:2352-5 pubmed..Finally, abnormal tau phosphorylation was reduced in Tg APPsw animals deficient for CD40L, suggesting that the CD40-CD40L interaction is an early event in AD pathogenesis. ..
- Pacheco M, Pastoor T, Wecker L. Phosphorylation of the alpha4 subunit of human alpha4beta2 nicotinic receptors: role of cAMP-dependent protein kinase (PKA) and protein kinase C (PKC). Brain Res Mol Brain Res. 2003;114:65-72 pubmed..1 microM). These findings indicate that the alpha4 subunit of human alpha4beta2 nicotinic receptors is phosphorylated in situ by PKA and PKC. ..
- Zhang X, Ozawa Y, Lee H, Wen Y, Tan T, Wadzinski B, et al. Histone deacetylase 3 (HDAC3) activity is regulated by interaction with protein serine/threonine phosphatase 4. Genes Dev. 2005;19:827-39 pubmed
- Rezai Zadeh K, Douglas Shytle R, Bai Y, Tian J, Hou H, Mori T, et al. Flavonoid-mediated presenilin-1 phosphorylation reduces Alzheimer's disease beta-amyloid production. J Cell Mol Med. 2009;13:574-88 pubmed publisher..We suggest that GSK-3 inhibition is a viable therapeutic approach for AD by impacting PS1 phosphorylation-dependent regulation of amyloidogenesis. ..
- Corbin K, Pendleton L, Solomonson L, Eichler D. Phosphorylation of argininosuccinate synthase by protein kinase A. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;377:1042-6 pubmed publisher..In addition, immunoprecipitation studies suggested that VEGF enhanced AS phosphorylation. Overall, these results represent the first demonstration that vascular endothelial NO production can be regulated by dynamic AS phosphorylation. ..
- Lee H, Bai W. Regulation of estrogen receptor nuclear export by ligand-induced and p38-mediated receptor phosphorylation. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:5835-45 pubmed
- LeBron C, Chen L, Gilkes D, Chen J. Regulation of MDMX nuclear import and degradation by Chk2 and 14-3-3. EMBO J. 2006;25:1196-206 pubmed..These results suggest that MDMX-14-3-3 interaction plays a role in p53 response to DNA damage by regulating MDMX localization and stability. ..
- Dickey C, Koren J, Zhang Y, Xu Y, Jinwal U, Birnbaum M, et al. Akt and CHIP coregulate tau degradation through coordinated interactions. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:3622-7 pubmed publisher..Hence, Akt serves as a major regulator of tau biology by manipulating both tau kinases and protein quality control, providing a link to several common pathways that have demonstrated dysfunction in Alzheimer's disease. ..
- Henderson Jackson E, Helm J, Ghayouri M, Hakam A, Nasir A, Leon M, et al. Correlation between Mcl-1 and pAKT protein expression in colorectal cancer. Int J Clin Exp Pathol. 2010;3:768-74 pubmed..008). We report the correlation of Mcl-1 protein expression with higher grade and stage in colorectal cancer. Mcl-1 correlated also with pAKT expression. We also report the up regulation of pAKT during the transition from NR to CRC. ..
- Wang J, Howson J, Ghansah T, Desponts C, Ninos J, May S, et al. Influence of SHIP on the NK repertoire and allogeneic bone marrow transplantation. Science. 2002;295:2094-7 pubmed..Thus, SHIP plays an important role in two processes that limit the success of allogeneic marrow transplantation: graft rejection and graft-versus-host disease. ..
- Miura A, Sajan M, Standaert M, Bandyopadhyay G, Kahn C, Farese R. Insulin substrates 1 and 2 are corequired for activation of atypical protein kinase C and Cbl-dependent phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase during insulin action in immortalized brown adipocytes. Biochemistry. 2004;43:15503-9 pubmed
- Jiang K, Patel N, Watson J, Apostolatos H, Kleiman E, Hanson O, et al. Akt2 regulation of Cdc2-like kinases (Clk/Sty), serine/arginine-rich (SR) protein phosphorylation, and insulin-induced alternative splicing of PKCbetaII messenger ribonucleic acid. Endocrinology. 2009;150:2087-97 pubmed publisher..Akt2-catalyzed phosphorylation of Clk/Sty and SR proteins revealed a role for both kinases in splicing regulation indicating dual functions for Akt2 in response to insulin in this pathway. ..
- Kazi A, Carie A, Blaskovich M, Bucher C, Thai V, Moulder S, et al. Blockade of protein geranylgeranylation inhibits Cdk2-dependent p27Kip1 phosphorylation on Thr187 and accumulates p27Kip1 in the nucleus: implications for breast cancer therapy. Mol Cell Biol. 2009;29:2254-63 pubmed publisher..Thus, GGTI treatment might improve the poor prognosis of breast cancer patients with low nuclear p27(Kip1) levels. ..
- Li R, Martin M, Liu Y, Wang B, Patel R, Zhu J, et al. Fragment-based and structure-guided discovery and optimization of Rho kinase inhibitors. J Med Chem. 2012;55:2474-8 pubmed publisher..Compounds 18 and 24 inhibited potently the phosphorylation of the ROCK substrate MLC2 in intact human breast cancer cells. ..
- Sun J, Blaskovich M, Jain R, Delarue F, Paris D, Brem S, et al. Blocking angiogenesis and tumorigenesis with GFA-116, a synthetic molecule that inhibits binding of vascular endothelial growth factor to its receptor. Cancer Res. 2004;64:3586-92 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate that a synthetic molecule capable of disrupting the binding of VEGF to its receptor selectively inhibits VEGF-dependent signaling and suppresses angiogenesis and tumorigenesis. ..
- Shain K, Yarde D, Meads M, Huang M, Jove R, Hazlehurst L, et al. Beta1 integrin adhesion enhances IL-6-mediated STAT3 signaling in myeloma cells: implications for microenvironment influence on tumor survival and proliferation. Cancer Res. 2009;69:1009-15 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest a mechanism by which collaborative signaling by beta1 integrin and gp130 confers an increased survival advantage to MM cells. ..
- Fu W, Ma Q, Chen L, Li P, Zhang M, Ramamoorthy S, et al. MDM2 acts downstream of p53 as an E3 ligase to promote FOXO ubiquitination and degradation. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:13987-4000 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that MDM2 acts as an ubiquitin E3 ligase, downstream of p53, to regulate the degradation of mammalian FOXO factors. ..
- Padmanabhan J. Detection of histone H3 phosphorylation in cultured cells and tissue sections by immunostaining. Methods Mol Biol. 2009;523:311-22 pubmed publisher..J Neurochem 90:1117-1131, 2004; Crosio et al., J Cell Sci 116:4905-4914, 2003). Co-staining with a cell-specific antibody will allow us to determine the type of cells that show activation of histone phosphorylation in the brain. ..
- Kleiman E, Carter G, Ghansah T, Patel N, Cooper D. Developmentally spliced PKCbetaII provides a possible link between mTORC2 and Akt kinase to regulate 3T3-L1 adipocyte insulin-stimulated glucose transport. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2009;388:554-9 pubmed publisher..PKCbetaII regulates GLUT4 translocation by regulating Akt phosphorylation and thus activity. ..
- Li J, Rix U, Fang B, Bai Y, Edwards A, Colinge J, et al. A chemical and phosphoproteomic characterization of dasatinib action in lung cancer. Nat Chem Biol. 2010;6:291-9 pubmed publisher..The combined mass spectrometry-based approach described here provides a system-level view of dasatinib action in cancer cells and suggests both functional targets and a rationale for combinatorial therapeutic strategies. ..
- Alli A, Gower W. Molecular approaches to examine the phosphorylation state of the C type natriuretic peptide receptor. J Cell Biochem. 2010;110:985-94 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the data presented here suggest that rat NPRC is a substrate for PKA and Thr 505 located within the intracellular domain of NPRC is a likely candidate site for the phosphorylation. ..
- Pillai P, Desai S, Patel R, Sajan M, Farese R, Ostrov D, et al. A novel PKC-? inhibitor abrogates cell proliferation and induces apoptosis in neuroblastoma. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2011;43:784-94 pubmed publisher..Hence, our results emphasize the potential of ICA-1 as a novel PKC-? inhibitor and chemotherapeutic agent for neuroblastoma. ..
- John J, Paraiso K, Rebecca V, Cantini L, Abel E, Pagano N, et al. GSK3? inhibition blocks melanoma cell/host interactions by downregulating N-cadherin expression and decreasing FAK phosphorylation. J Invest Dermatol. 2012;132:2818-27 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest the potential therapeutic utility of inhibiting GSK3? in defined subsets of melanoma. ..