Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on inbred f344 rats in Miami, Florida, United States
Locale: Miami, Florida, United States
Topic: inbred f344 rats
- Rong M, Rossi E, Zhang J, McNeer R, Van Den Brande J, Yasin M, et al. Expression and localization of Muc4/sialomucin complex (SMC) in the adult and developing rat intestine: implications for Muc4/SMC function. J Cell Physiol. 2005;202:275-84 pubmed..These results suggest that membrane mucin Muc4/SMC serves different functions during development of the intestine in the rat, but is primarily a secreted product in the adult animal. ..
- Lomako J, Lomako W, Decker S, Carraway C, Carraway K. Non-apoptotic desquamation of cells from corneal epithelium: putative role for Muc4/sialomucin complex in cell release and survival. J Cell Physiol. 2005;202:115-24 pubmed..Desquamating cells also exhibit a high level of Muc4/SMC. Since Muc4/SMC has been shown to be a potent anti-adhesive and a repressor of apoptosis, we propose that it plays a role in the non-apoptotic desquamation process. ..
- Zhang J, Carraway C, Carraway K. Muc4 expression during blood vessel formation in damaged rat cornea. Curr Eye Res. 2006;31:1011-4 pubmed..Muc4 expression was limited at days 4-5, but extensive at days 7-10. Muc4 expression develops in endothelial cells during the mid-stages of cell aggregation and blood vessel formation. ..
- de Rivero Vaccari J, Marcillo A, Nonner D, Dietrich W, Keane R. Neuroprotective effects of bone morphogenetic protein 7 (BMP7) treatment after spinal cord injury. Neurosci Lett. 2009;465:226-9 pubmed publisher..These studies show that BMP7 administration may be used as a therapeutic strategy to reduce the damaging excitotoxic effects following SCI. ..
- Perez A, Barco R, Fernandez I, Price Schiavi S, Carraway K. PEA3 transactivates the Muc4/sialomucin complex promoter in mammary epithelial and tumor cells. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:36942-52 pubmed..These data suggest that expression of PEA3 in mammary tumors leads to up-regulation of Muc4/SMC transcription, the gene product of which may contribute to the metastatic potential of mammary tumors. ..
- Price Schiavi S, Andrechek E, Idris N, Li P, Rong M, Zhang J, et al. Expression, location, and interactions of ErbB2 and its intramembrane ligand Muc4 (sialomucin complex) in rat mammary gland during pregnancy. J Cell Physiol. 2005;203:44-53 pubmed..These data provide further evidence of the ability of Muc4/SMC to interact with ErbB2 and influence its behavior in normal epithelia. ..
- Thomas C, Erb D, Grumbles R, Bunge R. Embryonic cord transplants in peripheral nerve restore skeletal muscle function. J Neurophysiol. 2000;84:591-5 pubmed
- Davis A, Lotocki G, Marcillo A, Dietrich W, Keane R. FasL, Fas, and death-inducing signaling complex (DISC) proteins are recruited to membrane rafts after spinal cord injury. J Neurotrauma. 2007;24:823-34 pubmed..Thus, FasL/Fas-mediated signaling after SCI is similar to Fas expressing Type I cell apoptosis. ..
- de Rivero Vaccari J, Lotocki G, Marcillo A, Dietrich W, Keane R. A molecular platform in neurons regulates inflammation after spinal cord injury. J Neurosci. 2008;28:3404-14 pubmed publisher..Thus, rat spinal cord neurons contain a caspase-1, pro-ILbeta, and pro-IL-18 activating complex different from the human NALP1 inflammasome that constitutes an important arm of the innate CNS inflammatory response after SCI. ..
- Hu Y, Carvajal M, Carraway K. Sialomucin complex (rMuc4) expression during development of the rat cornea. Curr Eye Res. 2000;21:820-3 pubmed..SMC at the corneal surfaces steadily increases during development to adulthood, but does not exhibit a marked transition in expression at the time of eye-opening. ..
- Neary J, Kang Y. P2 purinergic receptors signal to glycogen synthase kinase-3beta in astrocytes. J Neurosci Res. 2006;84:515-24 pubmed..These findings suggest that purinergic signaling contributes to the regulation of GSK3beta functions, one of which may be the response of astrocytes to CNS injury on release of ATP. ..