Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on hyaluronic acid in Miami, Florida, United States
Locale: Miami, Florida, United States
Topic: hyaluronic acid
- Manzanares D, Monzon M, Savani R, Salathe M. Apical oxidative hyaluronan degradation stimulates airway ciliary beating via RHAMM and RON. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2007;37:160-8 pubmed..These data suggest that high molecular form HA is broken down by reactive oxygen species to form low-molecular-weight fragments that signal via RHAMM and RON to stimulate CBF. ..
- Lokeshwar V, Selzer M, Unwala D, Estrella V, Gomez M, Golshani R, et al. Uronate peaks and urinary hyaluronic acid levels correlate with interstitial cystitis severity. J Urol. 2006;176:1001-7 pubmed..In this study we examined the urinary glycosaminoglycan profile and correlated the profile and urinary hyaluronic acid (a glycosaminoglycan) levels with symptom severity...
- Casalino Matsuda S, Monzon M, Conner G, Salathe M, Forteza R. Role of hyaluronan and reactive oxygen species in tissue kallikrein-mediated epidermal growth factor receptor activation in human airways. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:21606-16 pubmed..Sustained HA depolymerization is expected to cause TK activation, EGF release, and EGFR signaling and to lead to SMG cell hypertrophy and hyperplasia as well as mucus hypersecretion with subsequent airflow obstruction. ..
- Franzmann E, Schroeder G, Goodwin W, Weed D, Fisher P, Lokeshwar V. Expression of tumor markers hyaluronic acid and hyaluronidase (HYAL1) in head and neck tumors. Int J Cancer. 2003;106:438-45 pubmed..Furthermore, HA and HAase may be sensitive and specific markers for detecting HNSCC and monitoring its recurrence. Further studies are needed to confirm these preliminary studies. ..
- Kalman D, Heimer M, Valdeon A, Schwartz H, Sheldon E. Effect of a natural extract of chicken combs with a high content of hyaluronic acid (Hyal-Joint) on pain relief and quality of life in subjects with knee osteoarthritis: a pilot randomized double-blind placebo-controlled trial. Nutr J. 2008;7:3 pubmed publisher..The results warrant further study in larger sample sizes. ..
- Prieto J, Perez Brayfield M, Kirsch A, Koyle M. The treatment of catheterizable stomal incontinence with endoscopic implantation of dextranomer/hyaluronic acid. J Urol. 2006;175:709-11 pubmed..We present our experience with the use of submucosal implantation of dextranomer/hyaluronic acid in patients with catheterizable stomas with urinary incontinence...
- Lokeshwar V, Selzer M. Differences in hyaluronic acid-mediated functions and signaling in arterial, microvessel, and vein-derived human endothelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:27641-9 pubmed..These results demonstrate that RHAMM is the functional HA receptor in primary human ECs. Heterogeneity exists among primary human ECs of different vascular origins, with respect to functional HA receptor expression and function. ..
- He H, Zhang S, Tighe S, Son J, Tseng S. Immobilized heavy chain-hyaluronic acid polarizes lipopolysaccharide-activated macrophages toward M2 phenotype. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:25792-803 pubmed publisher..This anti-inflammatory action of HC-HA is highly desirable to promote wound healing in diseases heightened by unsuccessful transition from M1 to M2 phenotypes. ..
- Bourguignon L, Zhu H, Shao L, Chen Y. CD44 interaction with tiam1 promotes Rac1 signaling and hyaluronic acid-mediated breast tumor cell migration. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:1829-38 pubmed..Taken together, we believe that the linkage between CD44v3 isoform and the PHn-CC-EX domain of Tiam1 is required for HA stimulated Rac1 signaling and cytoskeleton-mediated tumor cell migration during breast cancer progression. ..