Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell membrane in Princeton, Florida, United States
Locale: Princeton, Florida, United States
Topic: cell membrane
- Sciochetti S, Ohta N, Newton A. The role of polar localization in the function of an essential Caulobacter crescentus tyrosine kinase. Mol Microbiol. 2005;56:1467-80 pubmed publisher..Thus, subcellular localization of DivL is not essential to its function in cell division regulation. Regulation of cell division by DivL does, however, depend on its localization in the cell membrane...
- Neiditch M, Federle M, Pompeani A, Kelly R, Swem D, Jeffrey P, et al. Ligand-induced asymmetry in histidine sensor kinase complex regulates quorum sensing. Cell. 2006;126:1095-108 pubmed..We propose that formation of this asymmetric quaternary structure is responsible for repressing the kinase activity of both LuxQ subunits and triggering the transition of V. harveyi into quorum-sensing mode. ..
- Galante L, Schwarzbauer J. Requirements for sulfate transport and the diastrophic dysplasia sulfate transporter in fibronectin matrix assembly. J Cell Biol. 2007;179:999-1009 pubmed..These data raise the possibility that FN assembly defects contribute to chondrodysplasias. ..
- Shi Y, Massague J. Mechanisms of TGF-beta signaling from cell membrane to the nucleus. Cell. 2003;113:685-700 pubmed..This article reviews these latest advances and presents our current understanding on the mechanisms of TGF-beta signaling from cell membrane to the nucleus. ..
- Lecuit T, Samanta R, Wieschaus E. slam encodes a developmental regulator of polarized membrane growth during cleavage of the Drosophila embryo. Dev Cell. 2002;2:425-36 pubmed..Our results suggest that developmental induction of Slam organizes the polarized growth of membrane via the recruitment of membrane-targeting proteins at adherens junctions. ..
- Button J, Silhavy T, Ruiz N. A suppressor of cell death caused by the loss of sigmaE downregulates extracytoplasmic stress responses and outer membrane vesicle production in Escherichia coli. J Bacteriol. 2007;189:1523-30 pubmed..We present a model in which sigma(E) is not essential per se but, rather, we propose that rpoE mutant cells die, possibly because they overreact to the absence of this sigma factor by triggering a cell death signal. ..
- Raivio T, Laird M, Joly J, Silhavy T. Tethering of CpxP to the inner membrane prevents spheroplast induction of the cpx envelope stress response. Mol Microbiol. 2000;37:1186-97 pubmed..Because the sigmaE response is specifically affected by alterations in outer membrane protein biogenesis, we think it possible that Spy may be involved in this process. ..
- Queenan A, Barcelo G, Van Buskirk C, Schupbach T. The transmembrane region of Gurken is not required for biological activity, but is necessary for transport to the oocyte membrane in Drosophila. Mech Dev. 1999;89:35-42 pubmed..We conclude that secretion of Gurken requires its transmembrane region, and propose a model in which the gene cornichon mediates this process. ..
- Ureta A, Endres R, Wingreen N, Silhavy T. Kinetic analysis of the assembly of the outer membrane protein LamB in Escherichia coli mutants each lacking a secretion or targeting factor in a different cellular compartment. J Bacteriol. 2007;189:446-54 pubmed
- Devergne O, Sun G, SchÃ¼pbach T. Stratum, a Homolog of the Human GEF Mss4, Partnered with Rab8, Controls the Basal Restriction of Basement Membrane Proteins in Epithelial Cells. Cell Rep. 2017;18:1831-1839 pubmed publisher..Altogether, our results uncover the importance of this GEF/Rab complex in specifically coordinating the basal restriction of BM proteins, a critical process for the establishment and maintenance of epithelial cell polarity. ..
- Clark S, Rose M. Arp10p is a pointed-end-associated component of yeast dynactin. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:738-48 pubmed..Based on the hRAS-Arp1p assay, loss of Arp10p enhances the apparent association of dynactin with the plasma membrane and suppresses the loss of signaling conferred by cell wall damage. ..
- Liu Y, Levit M, Lurz R, Surette M, Stock J. Receptor-mediated protein kinase activation and the mechanism of transmembrane signaling in bacterial chemotaxis. EMBO J. 1997;16:7231-40 pubmed
- Ruiz N, Chng S, Hiniker A, Kahne D, Silhavy T. Nonconsecutive disulfide bond formation in an essential integral outer membrane protein. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:12245-50 pubmed publisher..Thus, oxidation is completed only after LptD interacts with LptE, an interaction that occurs at the outer membrane and seems necessary for LptD folding. ..
- Lee K, Chen Q, Lui C, Cichon M, Radisky D, Nelson C. Matrix compliance regulates Rac1b localization, NADPH oxidase assembly, and epithelial-mesenchymal transition. Mol Biol Cell. 2012;23:4097-108 pubmed publisher..In contrast, soft microenvironments inhibit the membrane localization of Rac1b and subsequent redox changes. These results reveal a novel mechanotransduction pathway in the regulation of epithelial plasticity via EMT. ..
- Wang Y, Khan Z, Wieschaus E. Distinct Rap1 activity states control the extent of epithelial invagination via ?-catenin. Dev Cell. 2013;25:299-309 pubmed publisher..We propose a model whereby distinct activity states of Rap1 modulate ?-catenin-dependent coupling between junctions and actin to control the extent of epithelial invagination. ..
- Tibbetts M, Shiozaki E, Gu L, McDonald E, El Deiry W, Shi Y. Crystal structure of a FYVE-type zinc finger domain from the caspase regulator CARP2. Structure. 2004;12:2257-63 pubmed..Structural analyses provide insights into the possible function of this unique subfamily of FYVE-type domains. ..
- Scannevin R, Wang K, Jow F, Megules J, Kopsco D, Edris W, et al. Two N-terminal domains of Kv4 K(+) channels regulate binding to and modulation by KChIP1. Neuron. 2004;41:587-98 pubmed