Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on cell cycle proteins in Tallahassee, Florida, United States
Locale: Tallahassee, Florida, United States
Topic: cell cycle proteins
- Singh R, Kabbaj M, Paik J, Gunjan A. Histone levels are regulated by phosphorylation and ubiquitylation-dependent proteolysis. Nat Cell Biol. 2009;11:925-33 pubmed publisher..Regulated histone proteolysis has major implications for the maintenance of epigenetic marks on chromatin, genomic stability and the packaging of sperm DNA. ..
- de Kloet R, de Kloet S. The evolution of the spindlin gene in birds: sequence analysis of an intron of the spindlin W and Z gene reveals four major divisions of the Psittaciformes. Mol Phylogenet Evol. 2005;36:706-21 pubmed..The results support a Gondwanan origin of the Psittaciformes and the suggestion that paleogeographic events were a major force in psittacine divergence...
- Jin F, Wang Y. The signaling network that silences the spindle assembly checkpoint upon the establishment of chromosome bipolar attachment. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:21036-41 pubmed publisher..Therefore, Sgo1, Ipl1 kinase, Dam1, and protein phosphatase 1 comprise the SAC silencing network that ensures the correct timing for anaphase onset...
- Tang X, Wang Y. Pds1/Esp1-dependent and -independent sister chromatid separation in mutants defective for protein phosphatase 2A. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2006;103:16290-5 pubmed..These data suggest that PP2A regulates sister chromatid cohesion in Pds1-dependent and -independent manners. ..
- Sellix M, Egli M, Poletini M, McKee D, Bosworth M, Fitch C, et al. Anatomical and functional characterization of clock gene expression in neuroendocrine dopaminergic neurons. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2006;290:R1309-23 pubmed..These data suggest that clock gene expression, particularly PER1 and PER2, within NDNs may act to modulate diurnal rhythms of DA release from NDNs in the OVX rat. ..
- Rizkallah R, Alexander K, Kassardjian A, Luscher B, Hurt M. The transcription factor YY1 is a substrate for Polo-like kinase 1 at the G2/M transition of the cell cycle. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e15928 pubmed publisher..We show that this phosphorylation is cell cycle regulated and peaks at G2/M. This is the first report identifying a kinase for which YY1 is a substrate. ..
- Bruck I, Kaplan D. The replication initiation protein Sld2 regulates helicase assembly. J Biol Chem. 2014;289:1948-59 pubmed publisher..We also study a mutant of Sld2 that is defective in binding DNA, sld2-DNA, and find that sld2-DNA cells exhibit no GINS-Mcm2-7 interaction. These data suggest that Sld2 association with DNA is required for CMG assembly in S phase...
- Sasaki T, Li A, Gillespie P, Blow J, Gilbert D. Evidence for a mammalian late-G1 phase inhibitor of replication licensing distinct from geminin or Cdk activity. Nucleus. 2011;2:455-64 pubmed publisher..Our hybrid system should permit the identification of this and other novel cell cycle regulatory activities. ..
- Pérez Arnaiz P, Bruck I, Colbert M, Kaplan D. An intact Mcm10 coiled-coil interaction surface is important for origin melting, helicase assembly and the recruitment of Pol-? to Mcm2-7. Nucleic Acids Res. 2017;45:7261-7275 pubmed publisher..We also detected diminished GINS and pol-? recruitment to the Mcm2-7 complex. We conclude that an intact Mcm10 coiled-coil interaction surface is important for origin melting, helicase assembly, and the recruitment of pol ? to Mcm2-7. ..
- Liang F, Richmond D, Wang Y. Coordination of chromatid separation and spindle elongation by antagonistic activities of mitotic and S-phase CDKs. PLoS Genet. 2013;9:e1003319 pubmed publisher..Therefore, the tight temporal control of spindle elongation and cohesin cleavage assure orchestrated chromosome separation and spindle elongation. ..
- Sun J, Deng W. Hindsight mediates the role of notch in suppressing hedgehog signaling and cell proliferation. Dev Cell. 2007;12:431-42 pubmed..Our studies suggest that Hindsight bridges the two antagonistic pathways, Notch and Hedgehog, in the temporal regulation of follicle-cell proliferation and differentiation. ..
- Rashid R, Liang B, Baker D, Youssef O, He Y, Phipps K, et al. Crystal structure of a Cbf5-Nop10-Gar1 complex and implications in RNA-guided pseudouridylation and dyskeratosis congenita. Mol Cell. 2006;21:249-60 pubmed publisher..We have also identified a dyskeratosis congenita mutation cluster site within a modeled dyskerin structure...
- Wang Y, Ng T. Phosphatase 2A negatively regulates mitotic exit in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2006;17:80-9 pubmed..All the evidence suggests the negative role of PP2A in mitotic exit. Finally, our genetic and biochemical data suggest that PP2A regulates the phosphorylation of Tem1, which acts at the very top of MEN pathway. ..
- Singh R, Gonzalez M, Kabbaj M, Gunjan A. Novel E3 ubiquitin ligases that regulate histone protein levels in the budding yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e36295 pubmed publisher..Overall, our results highlight the importance of posttranslational histone regulatory mechanisms that employ multiple E3 ubiquitin ligases to ensure excess histone degradation and thus contribute to the maintenance of genomic stability. ..
- Lin W, Jin H, Liu X, Hampton K, Yu H. Scc2 regulates gene expression by recruiting cohesin to the chromosome as a transcriptional activator during yeast meiosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2011;22:1985-96 pubmed publisher..Finally, we provide evidence that chromosomal binding of cohesin is sufficient for target-gene activation during meiosis. Our data support a noncanonical role for cohesin as a transcriptional activator during cell differentiation. ..
- Lin W, Wang M, Jin H, Yu H. Cohesin plays a dual role in gene regulation and sister-chromatid cohesion during meiosis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2011;187:1041-51 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the cohesin complex plays a dual role in gene regulation and sister-chromatid cohesion during meiotic differentiation in yeast. ..
- Sun J, Deng W. Notch-dependent downregulation of the homeodomain gene cut is required for the mitotic cycle/endocycle switch and cell differentiation in Drosophila follicle cells. Development. 2005;132:4299-308 pubmed..Our data suggest that Cut functions in regulating both cell differentiation and the cell cycle, and that downregulation of Cut by Notch contributes to the mitotic cycle/endocycle switch and cell differentiation in follicle cells. ..