Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on biological tumor markers in Miami, Florida, United States
Locale: Miami, Florida, United States
Topic: biological tumor markers
- Shirodkar S, Lokeshwar V. Bladder tumor markers: from hematuria to molecular diagnostics--where do we stand?. Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 2008;8:1111-23 pubmed publisher..Studies continue to refine the role of these markers in clinical practice, but their ultimate efficacy will need to be borne out in large-scale clinical trials in a multitude of settings...
- Franzmann E, Schroeder G, Goodwin W, Weed D, Fisher P, Lokeshwar V. Expression of tumor markers hyaluronic acid and hyaluronidase (HYAL1) in head and neck tumors. Int J Cancer. 2003;106:438-45 pubmed..Furthermore, HA and HAase may be sensitive and specific markers for detecting HNSCC and monitoring its recurrence. Further studies are needed to confirm these preliminary studies. ..
- Caruso D, Carmack A, Lokeshwar V, Duncan R, Soloway M, Lokeshwar B. Osteopontin and interleukin-8 expression is independently associated with prostate cancer recurrence. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:4111-8 pubmed publisher..5%; 73.6%) and specificity (76%; 70.6%). In prostatectomy specimens, osteopontin expression is independently associated with biochemical recurrence. Both osteopontin and IL-8 may be predictors of early disease progression. ..
- Khor L, Bae K, Paulus R, Al Saleem T, Hammond M, Grignon D, et al. MDM2 and Ki-67 predict for distant metastasis and mortality in men treated with radiotherapy and androgen deprivation for prostate cancer: RTOG 92-02. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:3177-84 pubmed publisher..CONCLUSION Combined MDM2 and Ki-67 expression levels were independently related to distant metastasis and mortality and, if validated, could be considered for risk stratification of patients with prostate cancer in clinical trials. ..
- Kozloski G, Carraway C, Carraway K. Mechanistic and signaling analysis of Muc4-ErbB2 signaling module: new insights into the mechanism of ligand-independent ErbB2 activity. J Cell Physiol. 2010;224:649-57 pubmed publisher..Our microarray analysis indicates that Muc4 expression promotes cell migration by increasing the phosphorylation of the focal adhesion kinase and also through an increase in the levels of beta-catenin. ..
- Calfa C, Lossos I, Ruiz P, Davis J. Ocular involvement as the initial manifestation of T-cell chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Am J Ophthalmol. 2007;144:326-9 pubmed..Systemic evaluation established diagnosis of T-cell CLL. T-CLL is a rare disease with an aggressive clinical course. We present a case of T-cell intraocular lymphoma as the initial manifestation of an otherwise asymptomatic T-CLL. ..