Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in University Park, Florida, United States
Locale: University Park, Florida, United States
Publications376 found, 100 shown here
- Swalla B, Just M, Pederson E, Jeffery W. A multigene locus containing the Manx and bobcat genes is required for development of chordate features in the ascidian tadpole larva. Development. 1999;126:1643-53 pubmed..The results show that the Manx-bobcat gene complex has a role in the development of chordate features in ascidian tadpole larvae. ..
- Meyer B, Perdew G. Characterization of the AhR-hsp90-XAP2 core complex and the role of the immunophilin-related protein XAP2 in AhR stabilization. Biochemistry. 1999;38:8907-17 pubmed..Transient expression of XAP2 in COS-1 cells resulted in enhanced cytosolic AhR levels, suggesting a role for XAP2 in regulating the rate of AhR turnover. ..
- Hughes A, Green J, Garbayo J, Roberts R. Adaptive diversification within a large family of recently duplicated, placentally expressed genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:3319-23 pubmed publisher..Thus, rapid functional diversification of PAG expressed in trophoblast binucleate cells seems to have been associated with the origin of this unique placental adaptation...
- de Miranda J, Drebot M, Tyler S, Shen M, Cameron C, Stoltz D, et al. Complete nucleotide sequence of Kashmir bee virus and comparison with acute bee paralysis virus. J Gen Virol. 2004;85:2263-70 pubmed publisher..Whether these genomic and evolutionary differences are sufficient to classify KBV and ABPV as separate species remains to be determined...
- De Jonghe B, Hajnal A, Covasa M. Increased oral and decreased intestinal sensitivity to sucrose in obese, prediabetic CCK-A receptor-deficient OLETF rats. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2005;288:R292-300 pubmed..This enhanced responsiveness to oral stimulation, coupled with the deficit in responding to the postingestive feedback of intestinal sucrose, may contribute additively to the development of hyperphagia and weight gain in OLETF rats...
- Moura A, Chapman D, Koc H, Killian G. A comprehensive proteomic analysis of the accessory sex gland fluid from mature Holstein bulls. Anim Reprod Sci. 2007;98:169-88 pubmed..Known characteristics of these proteins suggest that they play important roles in sperm physiology after ejaculation. ..
- Palempalli U, Gandhi U, Kalantari P, Vunta H, Arner R, Narayan V, et al. Gambogic acid covalently modifies IkappaB kinase-beta subunit to mediate suppression of lipopolysaccharide-induced activation of NF-kappaB in macrophages. Biochem J. 2009;419:401-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results demonstrate the potent anti-inflammatory activity of GA. ..
- Sunderam S, Chernyy N, Peixoto N, Mason J, Weinstein S, Schiff S, et al. Seizure entrainment with polarizing low-frequency electric fields in a chronic animal epilepsy model. J Neural Eng. 2009;6:046009 pubmed publisher..01) was observed in three of four animals in 42/64 stimulated seizures. This is the first demonstration in chronically implanted freely behaving animals of PLEF modulation of neural activity with simultaneous recording. ..
- Song G, Hsu C, Riemer C, Miller W. Evaluation of methods for detecting conversion events in gene clusters. BMC Bioinformatics. 2011;12 Suppl 1:S45 pubmed publisher..Our evaluation identifies strengths and weaknesses of several methods for detecting gene conversion, which can contribute to more accurate analysis of gene cluster evolution. ..
- Zhang C, Cheng G, Edwards P, Zhou M, Zheng S, Liu Z. G-Fresnel smartphone spectrometer. Lab Chip. 2016;16:246-50 pubmed publisher..A G-Fresnel device with the dual functionality of focusing and dispersion is used to enable miniaturization. Proof of principle application to Bradford assay of protein concentration is also demonstrated. ..
- Mattie F, Stackpole M, Stone M, Clippard J, Rudnick D, Qiu Y, et al. Directed microtubule growth, +TIPs, and kinesin-2 are required for uniform microtubule polarity in dendrites. Curr Biol. 2010;20:2169-77 pubmed publisher..This represents a newly discovered mechanism for maintaining polarized arrays of microtubules. ..
- Tian X, Diaz F. Acute dietary zinc deficiency before conception compromises oocyte epigenetic programming and disrupts embryonic development. Dev Biol. 2013;376:51-61 pubmed publisher..Thus, the terminal period of oocyte development is extremely sensitive to perturbation in dietary zinc availability. ..
- Fisher K, Aronson N. Cloning and expression of the cDNA sequence encoding the lysosomal glycosidase di-N-acetylchitobiase. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:19607-16 pubmed
- Peters J, Park Y, Gonzalez F, Pariza M. Influence of conjugated linoleic acid on body composition and target gene expression in peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor alpha-null mice. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2001;1533:233-42 pubmed
- Glazko G, Koonin E, Rogozin I, Shabalina S. A significant fraction of conserved noncoding DNA in human and mouse consists of predicted matrix attachment regions. Trends Genet. 2003;19:119-24 pubmed..An excess of conserved predicted MARs is seen in intergenic regions preceding 5' ends of genes, suggesting that these MARs are primarily involved in transcriptional control. ..
- Jayarao B, Pillai S, Sawant A, Wolfgang D, Hegde N. Guidelines for monitoring bulk tank milk somatic cell and bacterial counts. J Dairy Sci. 2004;87:3561-73 pubmed..In conclusion, categorized bulk tank somatic cell and bacterial counts could serve as indicators and facilitate monitoring of herd udder health and milk quality. ..
- Mathews T, Fedele D, Coppelli F, Avila A, Murphy D, Andrews A. Gene dose-dependent alterations in extraneuronal serotonin but not dopamine in mice with reduced serotonin transporter expression. J Neurosci Methods. 2004;140:169-81 pubmed..Furthermore, use of zero net flux microdialysis appears warranted in investigations of serotonergic synaptic function where modest changes in extracellular 5-HT are thought to occur in response to altered uptake. ..
- Ferrari M, Bansal S, Meyers L, Bjørnstad O. Network frailty and the geometry of herd immunity. Proc Biol Sci. 2006;273:2743-8 pubmed..The result is that immunization due to prior epidemics can provide greater community protection than random vaccination on networks with heterogeneous contact patterns, while the reverse is true for highly structured populations. ..
- Barr N, Copeland R, De Meyer M, Masiga D, Kibogo H, Billah M, et al. Molecular diagnostics of economically important Ceratitis fruit fly species (Diptera: Tephritidae) in Africa using PCR and RFLP analyses. Bull Entomol Res. 2006;96:505-21 pubmed..PCR analysis of the internal transcribed spacer region 1 (ITS-1) is able to distinguish three of the five species left unresolved by mitochondrial DNA analysis. ..
- Wolfe D, Goebel E, Bjornstad O, Restif O, Harvill E. The O antigen enables Bordetella parapertussis to avoid Bordetella pertussis-induced immunity. Infect Immun. 2007;75:4972-9 pubmed..parapertussis confers asymmetrical cross-immunity between the causative agents of whooping cough. We propose that these findings warrant investigation of the relative role of B. parapertussis in the resurgence of whooping cough...
- Bruce D, Whitcomb J, August A, McDowell M, Cantorna M. Elevated non-specific immunity and normal Listeria clearance in young and old vitamin D receptor knockout mice. Int Immunol. 2009;21:113-22 pubmed publisher..The increased antibody and cytokine responses in the old VDR KO mice are consistent with the increased susceptibility of these mice to autoimmunity. ..
- Minn I, Rolls M, Hanna Rose W, Malone C. SUN-1 and ZYG-12, mediators of centrosome-nucleus attachment, are a functional SUN/KASH pair in Caenorhabditis elegans. Mol Biol Cell. 2009;20:4586-95 pubmed publisher..This work supports current models of KASH/SUN pairs and highlights the diversity in sequence elements defining KASH domains. ..
- Keklik N, Demirci A, Puri V. Inactivation of Listeria monocytogenes on unpackaged and vacuum-packaged chicken frankfurters using pulsed UV-light. J Food Sci. 2009;74:M431-9 pubmed publisher..05) after mild treatment. Overall, this study demonstrated that pulsed UV-light has a potential to decontaminate ready-to-eat (RTE) poultry-based food products. ..
- Fiorito L, Marini M, Mitchell D, Smiciklas Wright H, Birch L. Girls' early sweetened carbonated beverage intake predicts different patterns of beverage and nutrient intake across childhood and adolescence. J Am Diet Assoc. 2010;110:543-50 pubmed publisher..Findings provide a more complex picture regarding the emergence of early beverage patterns and their predictive effects on nutrient intake across childhood and adolescence. ..
- Tan L, Wray A, Green M, Ross A. Retinol kinetics in unsupplemented and vitamin A-retinoic acid supplemented neonatal rats: a preliminary model. J Lipid Res. 2014;55:1077-86 pubmed publisher..A VARA perturbation model indicated that the effect of VARA in stimulating VA uptake into tissues in neonates is both dramatic and transient. ..
- Clark A, Leicht B, Muse S. Length variation and secondary structure of introns in the Mlc1 gene in six species of Drosophila. Mol Biol Evol. 1996;13:471-82 pubmed..Relative rate tests also suggest a retardation in the rate of Mlc1 sequence evolution in the simulans clade. ..
- Cantorna M, Munsick C, Bemiss C, Mahon B. 1,25-Dihydroxycholecalciferol prevents and ameliorates symptoms of experimental murine inflammatory bowel disease. J Nutr. 2000;130:2648-52 pubmed..1, 25-Dihydroxycholecalciferol treatment (0.2 microgram/d) for as little as 2 wk blocked the progression and ameliorated (P < 0.05) symptoms in IL-10 KO mice with already established IBD. ..
- Kim Y, Lee H, Seong C, Han K. Expression of a D1 dopamine receptor dDA1/DmDOP1 in the central nervous system of Drosophila melanogaster. Gene Expr Patterns. 2003;3:237-45 pubmed..The dDA1 expression in these areas was only detected in adult, but not in third instar larval CNS. ..
- Edwards J, Tozer P. Using activity and milk yield as predictors of fresh cow disorders. J Dairy Sci. 2004;87:524-31 pubmed..Cows with ketosis, left displaced abomasum, and general digestive disorders could possibly be detected about 5 to 6 d earlier than clinical diagnoses based on changes in daily walking activity and milk yield...
- Vidal N, Hedges S. Molecular evidence for a terrestrial origin of snakes. Proc Biol Sci. 2004;271 Suppl 4:S226-9 pubmed..Here, we show that DNA sequence evidence does not support a close relationship between snakes and monitor lizards, and thus supports a terrestrial origin of snakes. ..
- Ainslie K, Garanich J, Dull R, Tarbell J. Vascular smooth muscle cell glycocalyx influences shear stress-mediated contractile response. J Appl Physiol (1985). 2005;98:242-9 pubmed
- Turner J, Faulkner H, Kamgno J, Kennedy M, Behnke J, Boussinesq M, et al. Allergen-specific IgE and IgG4 are markers of resistance and susceptibility in a human intestinal nematode infection. Microbes Infect. 2005;7:990-6 pubmed..Our results are consistent with the concept that IgG4 antibody can block IgE-mediated immunity and therefore allergic processes in humans...
- Sawant A, Sordillo L, Jayarao B. A survey on antibiotic usage in dairy herds in Pennsylvania. J Dairy Sci. 2005;88:2991-9 pubmed..It is anticipated that the findings of this survey will permit developing new strategies for prudent use of antibiotics on dairy herds. ..
- Martinson A, van Rossum D, Diatta F, Layden M, Rhodes S, Martindale M, et al. Functional evolution of Erg potassium channel gating reveals an ancient origin for IKr. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2014;111:5712-7 pubmed publisher..This domain is required for slow deactivation in mammalian Erg1 channels, and thus its loss may partially explain the change in gating phenotype. ..
- Shenoy S, Choi J, Bagrodia S, Copeland T, Maller J, Shalloway D. Purified maturation promoting factor phosphorylates pp60c-src at the sites phosphorylated during fibroblast mitosis. Cell. 1989;57:763-74 pubmed..These results suggest that pp60c-src is one of the targets for MPF action, which may account in part for the pleiotropic changes in protein phosphorylation and cellular architecture that occur during mitosis. ..
- Clark A, Silveria S, Meyers W, Langley C. Nature screen: an efficient method for screening natural populations of Drosophila for targeted P-element insertions. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:719-22 pubmed..Using this method to screen the genomes of approximately 10,400 males, we found P-element inserts in close proximity to 3 of 10 genes that were screened. ..
- Zhang J. Rates of conservative and radical nonsynonymous nucleotide substitutions in mammalian nuclear genes. J Mol Evol. 2000;50:56-68 pubmed..5) Transversions induce more dramatic genetic alternations than transitions in that transversions produce more amino acid altering changes and among which, more radical changes. ..
- Fedele M, Lang C, Farrell P. Immunization against IGF-I prevents increases in protein synthesis in diabetic rats after resistance exercise. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab. 2001;280:E877-85 pubmed..01), but not nondiabetic, rats. These results suggest that IGF-I is compensatory for insulin in hypoinsulinemic rats by facilitating an anabolic response after acute resistance exercise...
- Yeh Y, Yeh S. Homocysteine-lowering action is another potential cardiovascular protective factor of aged garlic extract. J Nutr. 2006;136:745S-749S pubmed publisher..More importantly, in addition to its cholesterol-lowering potential, blood pressure-lowering effect, and antioxidant property, a hypohomocysteinemic action may be another important cardiovascular protective factor of AGE. ..
- Qi J, Yao J, Fang C, Luscher B, Chen G. Downregulation of tonic GABA currents following epileptogenic stimulation of rat hippocampal cultures. J Physiol. 2006;577:579-90 pubmed..Thus, in addition to synaptic alteration of GABAergic transmission, regulation of tonic inhibition may also play an important role during epileptogenesis. ..
- Vanden Heuvel J. The PPAR resource page. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1771:1108-12 pubmed..Receiving greater than 300 unique visits per week, the PPAR resource page has become a useful tool for researchers of these important NRs. ..
- Iida K, Cox Foster D, Yang X, Ko W, Cavener D. Expansion and evolution of insect GMC oxidoreductases. BMC Evol Biol. 2007;7:75 pubmed..Consistent with this hypothesis, our analysis indicates that insect GOX and GLD arose from a different ancestral GMC gene than that of fungal GOX. ..
- Nehme M, Keena M, Zhang A, Baker T, Hoover K. Attraction of Anoplophora glabripennis to male-produced pheromone and plant volatiles. Environ Entomol. 2009;38:1745-55 pubmed..glabripennis male-produced pheromone and suggest that it has a role in mate-finding. It is also a first step toward the development of an efficient trap design and lure combination to monitor A. glabripennis infestations in the field. ..
- Onishi A, Liotta L, Benkovic S. Cloning and expression of Chromobacterium violaceum phenylalanine hydroxylase in Escherichia coli and comparison of amino acid sequence with mammalian aromatic amino acid hydroxylases. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:18454-9 pubmed..The over-expression of C. violaceum PAH in Escherichia coli will facilitate the analysis of the enzyme mechanism by various spectroscopic methods...
- Takezaki N, Rzhetsky A, Nei M. Phylogenetic test of the molecular clock and linearized trees. Mol Biol Evol. 1995;12:823-33 pubmed publisher..A linearized tree will then be constructed for a given topology for the remaining sequences under the assumption of rate constancy. We have used these methods to analyze hominoid mitochondrial DNA and drosophilid Adh gene sequences...
- Walthour C, Schaeffer S. Molecular population genetics of sex determination genes: the transformer gene of Drosophila melanogaster. Genetics. 1994;136:1367-72 pubmed..The lack of variability in the tra gene is consistent with a recent selective sweep of a beneficial allele in or near the tra locus. ..
- Fullerton S, Bond J, Schneider J, Hamilton B, Harding R, Boyce A, et al. Polymorphism and divergence in the beta-globin replication origin initiation region. Mol Biol Evol. 2000;17:179-88 pubmed..The significance of these findings for our understanding of eukaryotic replication origin biology is discussed. ..
- Agarwal P, Billeter S, Rajagopalan P, Benkovic S, Hammes Schiffer S. Network of coupled promoting motions in enzyme catalysis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:2794-9 pubmed..This type of network has broad implications for an expanded role of the protein fold in catalysis as well as ancillaries such as the engineering of altered protein function and the action of drugs distal to the active site. ..
- Cheong M, Steel K. Early development and degeneration of vestibular hair cells in bronx waltzer mutant mice. Hear Res. 2002;164:179-89 pubmed..Thus, it appears that the bronx waltzer gene product is required for the continued survival and differentiation of inner and vestibular hair cells past a set point in their development. ..
- Li K, Menon M, Karur V, Hegde S, Wojchowski D. Attenuated signaling by a phosphotyrosine-null Epo receptor form in primary erythroid progenitor cells. Blood. 2003;102:3147-53 pubmed..Roles normally played by EpoR PY sites and distal domains therefore should receive continued attention. ..
- Mee C, Tomlinson S, Perestenko P, de Pomerai D, Duce I, Usherwood P, et al. Latrophilin is required for toxicity of black widow spider venom in Caenorhabditis elegans. Biochem J. 2004;378:185-91 pubmed..These results demonstrate that latrophilin mediates the toxicity of BWSV and provide evidence for a physiological function of this receptor. ..
- Ko W, David R, Akashi H. Molecular phylogeny of the Drosophila melanogaster species subgroup. J Mol Evol. 2003;57:562-73 pubmed publisher..eugracilis is grouped closer to the melanogaster subgroup than a D. mimetica-D. lutescens clade. This tree topology is supported by reconstructions employing simple (single parameter) and more complex (nonreversible) substitution models...
- Korzick D, Muller Delp J, Dougherty P, Heaps C, Bowles D, Krick K. Exaggerated coronary vasoreactivity to endothelin-1 in aged rats: role of protein kinase C. Cardiovasc Res. 2005;66:384-92 pubmed..Aberrant ETA constrictor responses and directional changes in PKC are likely to contribute to coronary vascular pathology with advanced age. ..
- Blair J, Hedges S. Molecular phylogeny and divergence times of deuterostome animals. Mol Biol Evol. 2005;22:2275-84 pubmed..We found that most major lineages of deuterostomes arose prior to the Cambrian Explosion of fossils (approximately 520 MYA) and that several lineages had originated before periods of global glaciation in the Precambrian...
- Zhang N, O Donnell K, Sutton D, Nalim F, Summerbell R, Padhye A, et al. Members of the Fusarium solani species complex that cause infections in both humans and plants are common in the environment. J Clin Microbiol. 2006;44:2186-90 pubmed..The major finding of this study is that FSSC-associated mycoses of humans and other animals have origins in a broad phylogenetic spectrum, indicating widespread ability to cause infection in this diverse species complex...
- Ramadoss P, Marcus C, Perdew G. Role of the aryl hydrocarbon receptor in drug metabolism. Expert Opin Drug Metab Toxicol. 2005;1:9-21 pubmed
- Huang L, Hanna Rose W. EGF signaling overcomes a uterine cell death associated with temporal mis-coordination of organogenesis within the C. elegans egg-laying apparatus. Dev Biol. 2006;300:599-611 pubmed..In support of this model, we demonstrate that lack of vulval-uterine coordination due to precocious vulval development also leads to uv1 cell differentiation defects. ..
- Yang X, Cox Foster D. Effects of parasitization by Varroa destructor on survivorship and physiological traits of Apis mellifera in correlation with viral incidence and microbial challenge. Parasitology. 2007;134:405-12 pubmed..Our research indicates that the combination of mite parasitization, the interaction of DWV and microbes, and a developmental immune incompetency attribute to decreased worker survivorship and have a negative impact on colony fitness...
- Nozawa M, Nei M. Evolutionary dynamics of olfactory receptor genes in Drosophila species. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2007;104:7122-7 pubmed..The difference in evolutionary pattern between Drosophila and mammals can be explained partly by the differences of gene expression mechanisms and partly by the environmental and behavioral differences. ..
- Estes K, Kalamegham R, Hanna Rose W. Membrane localization of the NlpC/P60 family protein EGL-26 correlates with regulation of vulval cell morphogenesis in Caenorhabditis elegans. Dev Biol. 2007;308:196-205 pubmed..Additional mutagenesis of this residue suggests that EGL-26 attains its membrane localization via a mechanism distinct from that of LRAT. ..
- Luis A, Douglass R, Mills J, Bjørnstad O. The effect of seasonality, density and climate on the population dynamics of Montana deer mice, important reservoir hosts for Sin Nombre hantavirus. J Anim Ecol. 2010;79:462-70 pubmed publisher..5. While climatic drivers appear to have a complex influence on dynamics, our forecasts were good. Our quantitative model may allow public health officials to better predict increased human risk from basic climatic data. ..
- Hu S, Yang K, Yang J, Li M, Xiong N. Critical roles of chemokine receptor CCR10 in regulating memory IgA responses in intestines. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:E1035-44 pubmed publisher..These findings elucidate critical roles of CCR10 in regulating the intestinal IgA response and memory maintenance and could help in design of vaccines against intestinal and possibly other mucosal pathogens. ..
- Chang G, Noegel A, Mavrich T, Muller R, Tomsho L, Ward E, et al. Unusual combinatorial involvement of poly-A/T tracts in organizing genes and chromatin in Dictyostelium. Genome Res. 2012;22:1098-106 pubmed publisher..Indeed, we find a strong phylogenetic relationship between the presence of the NELF pausing factor and positioning of the +1 nucleosome. Pausing and +1 nucleosome positioning may have coevolved in animals. ..
- Holt H, Aronstein K, Grozinger C. Chronic parasitization by Nosema microsporidia causes global expression changes in core nutritional, metabolic and behavioral pathways in honey bee workers (Apis mellifera). BMC Genomics. 2013;14:799 pubmed publisher..These genome-wide studies of expression patterns can help us disentangle the direct and indirect effects of chronic infection, and understand the molecular pathways that regulate disease symptoms. ..
- Raiten D, Sakr Ashour F, Ross A, Meydani S, Dawson H, Stephensen C, et al. Inflammation and Nutritional Science for Programs/Policies and Interpretation of Research Evidence (INSPIRE). J Nutr. 2015;145:1039S-1108S pubmed publisher..Each WG was tasked with synthesizing a summary of the evidence for each of these topics and delineating the remaining gaps in our knowledge. This review consists of a summary of the INSPIRE workshop and the WG deliberations. ..
- Mordecai E, Cohen J, Evans M, Gudapati P, Johnson L, Lippi C, et al. Detecting the impact of temperature on transmission of Zika, dengue, and chikungunya using mechanistic models. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2017;11:e0005568 pubmed publisher..Such brief transmission windows limit the likelihood of major epidemics following disease introduction in temperate zones. ..
- Hughes A, Yeager M, Ten Elshof A, Chorney M. A new taxonomy of mammalian MHC class I molecules. Immunol Today. 1999;20:22-6 pubmed
- Peters J, Aoyama T, Burns A, Gonzalez F. Bezafibrate is a dual ligand for PPARalpha and PPARbeta: studies using null mice. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2003;1632:80-9 pubmed..In contrast to other PPARalpha ligands such as WY-14,643, induction of some target genes by bezafibrate can also be modulated in the absence of a functional PPARalpha. ..
- Ross A, Zolfaghari R. Regulation of hepatic retinol metabolism: perspectives from studies on vitamin A status. J Nutr. 2004;134:269S-275S pubmed..Moreover, retinoid metabolism in the liver is likely to be closely integrated with that in peripheral tissues through the rapid interorgan transfer and recycling of retinoids, affecting the whole-body economy of vitamin A. ..
- Stepek G, Lowe A, Buttle D, Duce I, Behnke J. In vitro and in vivo anthelmintic efficacy of plant cysteine proteinases against the rodent gastrointestinal nematode, Trichuris muris. Parasitology. 2006;132:681-9 pubmed..Thus, the cysteine proteinases from plants may be a much-needed alternative to currently available anthelmintic drugs due to their efficacy and novel mode of action against different gastrointestinal nematode species...
- Subramanian A, Hegde S, Correll P, Paulson R. Mutation of the Lyn tyrosine kinase delays the progression of Friend virus induced erythroleukemia without affecting susceptibility. Leuk Res. 2006;30:1141-9 pubmed..Our data show that Lyn signals are not required for susceptibility to Friend erythroleukemia, but Lyn plays a role in later events, the terminal differentiation of infected cells and the expansion of transformed cells. ..
- Burns K, Vanden Heuvel J. Modulation of PPAR activity via phosphorylation. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2007;1771:952-60 pubmed..The review will summarize the known PPAR kinases that directly act on these receptors, the sites affected and the result of this modification on receptor activity. ..
- Tooker J, Rohr J, Abrahamson W, De Moraes C. Gall insects can avoid and alter indirect plant defenses. New Phytol. 2008;178:657-71 pubmed publisher..altissima parasitized by E. solidaginis. ..
- Walsh E, Sahu N, Kearley J, Benjamin E, Kang B, Humbles A, et al. Strain-specific requirement for eosinophils in the recruitment of T cells to the lung during the development of allergic asthma. J Exp Med. 2008;205:1285-92 pubmed publisher..These studies indicate that on the C57BL/6 background, eosinophils are integral to the development of airway allergic responses by modulating chemokine and/or cytokine production in the lung, leading to T cell recruitment. ..
- Kehoe S, Heinrichs A, Baumrucker C, Greger D. Effects of nucleotide supplementation in milk replacer on small intestinal absorptive capacity in dairy calves. J Dairy Sci. 2008;91:2759-70 pubmed publisher..Supplementation of nucleotides derived from yeast tended to increase calf intestinal function, provide a more beneficial intestinal environment, and improve intestinal morphology. ..
- Meisel R. Repeat mediated gene duplication in the Drosophila pseudoobscura genome. Gene. 2009;438:1-7 pubmed publisher..This suggests that the molecular mechanisms responsible for chromosomal rearrangements and some duplicated genes have overlapping processes. ..
- Han X, Wu X, Chung W, Li T, Nekrutenko A, Altman N, et al. Transcriptome of embryonic and neonatal mouse cortex by high-throughput RNA sequencing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:12741-6 pubmed publisher..Our transcriptome analysis may serve as a blueprint for gene expression pattern and provide functional clues of previously unknown genes and disease-related genes during early brain development. ..
- Lemon G, Howard D, Tomlinson M, Buttery L, Rose F, Waters S, et al. Mathematical modelling of tissue-engineered angiogenesis. Math Biosci. 2009;221:101-20 pubmed publisher..Limited comparison is also given of the model solutions with experimental data from the chick chorioallantoic membrane (CAM) assay. ..
- Zhang Z, Pugh B. High-resolution genome-wide mapping of the primary structure of chromatin. Cell. 2011;144:175-86 pubmed publisher..We then explore current strategies for converting the sequence information into knowledge about chromatin, an exciting challenge for biologists and bioinformaticians. ..
- Grear D, Hudson P. The dynamics of macroparasite host-self-infection: a study of the patterns and processes of pinworm (Oxyuridae) aggregation. Parasitology. 2011;138:619-27 pubmed publisher..We asked the question, do the unique aspects of pinworm life-history explain an exception to the widely observed patterns of aggregation of parasite populations?..
- Cantorna M. Vitamin D, multiple sclerosis and inflammatory bowel disease. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2012;523:103-6 pubmed publisher..Nonetheless, current evidence suggests that improving vitamin D status and/or using vitamin D receptor agonists may be useful in MS and IBD. ..