Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Princeton, Florida, United States
Locale: Princeton, Florida, United States
Publications402 found, 100 shown here
- Granstedt A, Brunton B, Enquist L. Imaging the transport dynamics of single alphaherpesvirus particles in intact peripheral nervous system explants from infected mice. MBio. 2013;4:e00358-13 pubmed publisher..Importantly, this system enabled us to address a fundamental biological question about the amplification of a herpesvirus infection in a peripheral nervous system circuit. ..
- Koyuncu O, Macgibeny M, Hogue I, Enquist L. Compartmented neuronal cultures reveal two distinct mechanisms for alpha herpesvirus escape from genome silencing. PLoS Pathog. 2017;13:e1006608 pubmed publisher..We suggest that viral tegument proteins delivered to cell bodies engage multiple signaling pathways that block silencing of viral genomes delivered by low MOI axonal infection...
- Nikiforov M, Chandriani S, Park J, Kotenko I, Matheos D, Johnsson A, et al. TRRAP-dependent and TRRAP-independent transcriptional activation by Myc family oncoproteins. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:5054-63 pubmed..Nevertheless, L-Myc is a potent activator of several basally expressed genes and can fully restore the growth defect of myc-null cells. These results suggest a differential requirement for TRRAP for several Myc-mediated activities. ..
- Tellew J, Baska R, Beyer S, Carlson K, Cornelius L, Fadnis L, et al. Discovery of 4'-[(imidazol-1-yl)methyl]biphenyl-2-sulfonamides as dual endothelin/angiotensin II receptor antagonists. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2003;13:1093-6 pubmed..Certain compounds in the present series are orally active in a rat model of angiotensin II-mediated hypertension. ..
- Spinney L, Bentley G, Hau M. Endocrine correlates of alternative phenotypes in the white-throated sparrow (Zonotrichia albicollis). Horm Behav. 2006;50:762-71 pubmed..Alternative testable hypotheses include hormonal effects during early development and direct genetic effects. ..
- Feierbach B, Bisher M, Goodhouse J, Enquist L. In vitro analysis of transneuronal spread of an alphaherpesvirus infection in peripheral nervous system neurons. J Virol. 2007;81:6846-57 pubmed..We demonstrate ultrastructural differences between anterograde- and retrograde-traveling virions. Finally, we show live imaging of dynamic fluorescent virion components in axons and postsynaptic target neurons...
- Wrobleski S, Lin S, Hynes J, Wu H, Pitt S, Shen D, et al. Synthesis and SAR of new pyrrolo[2,1-f][1,2,4]triazines as potent p38 alpha MAP kinase inhibitors. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2008;18:2739-44 pubmed publisher..Additional studies based on X-ray co-crystallography have revealed that one of the potent inhibitors from this series binds to the DFG-out conformation of the p38 alpha enzyme. ..
- Beconi M, Yates D, Lyons K, Matthews K, Clifton S, Mead T, et al. Metabolism and pharmacokinetics of JM6 in mice: JM6 is not a prodrug for Ro-61-8048. Drug Metab Dispos. 2012;40:2297-306 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that JM6 is not a prodrug for Ro-61-8048 and is not a potent KMO inhibitor. ..
- Shenhav A, Botvinick M, Cohen J. The expected value of control: an integrative theory of anterior cingulate cortex function. Neuron. 2013;79:217-40 pubmed publisher..We propose that dACC integrates this information, using it to determine whether, where and how much control to allocate. We then consider how the EVC model can explain the diverse array of findings concerning dACC function. ..
- Pulido D, Campuzano S, Koda T, Modolell J, Barbacid M. Dtrk, a Drosophila gene related to the trk family of neurotrophin receptors, encodes a novel class of neural cell adhesion molecule. EMBO J. 1992;11:391-404 pubmed..These findings suggest that gp160Dtrk represents a new class of neural cell adhesion molecules that may regulate neuronal recognition and axonal guidance during the development of the Drosophila nervous system. ..
- Shi Y, Massague J. Mechanisms of TGF-beta signaling from cell membrane to the nucleus. Cell. 2003;113:685-700 pubmed..This article reviews these latest advances and presents our current understanding on the mechanisms of TGF-beta signaling from cell membrane to the nucleus. ..
- Aksay E, Major G, Goldman M, Baker R, Seung H, Tank D. History dependence of rate covariation between neurons during persistent activity in an oculomotor integrator. Cereb Cortex. 2003;13:1173-84 pubmed..This finding suggests that the set of persistent firing states that encode eye position is not constrained to a unique line, and that models with stable states restricted to a such a line need to be modified accordingly. ..
- Avena N, Rada P, Moise N, Hoebel B. Sucrose sham feeding on a binge schedule releases accumbens dopamine repeatedly and eliminates the acetylcholine satiety response. Neuroscience. 2006;139:813-20 pubmed
- Chen Y, Pane A, Schupbach T. Cutoff and aubergine mutations result in retrotransposon upregulation and checkpoint activation in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2007;17:637-42 pubmed
- Belyi V, Ak P, Markert E, Wang H, Hu W, Puzio Kuter A, et al. The origins and evolution of the p53 family of genes. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2010;2:a001198 pubmed publisher..Thus, this gene family has preserved its structural features and functional activities for over one billion years of evolution. ..
- Lecureux L, Cheng C, Herbst J, Reilly T, Lehman McKeeman L, Otieno M. Evaluation and validation of multiple cell lines and primary mouse macrophages to predict phospholipidosis potential. Toxicol In Vitro. 2011;25:1934-43 pubmed publisher..RAW264.7 cells were selected as the primary screen for predicting PLD, and together with the primary macrophages, were integrated into an overall testing paradigm proposed for use in PLD risk identification. ..
- Rowles D, Terhune S, Cristea I. Discovery of host-viral protein complexes during infection. Methods Mol Biol. 2013;1064:43-70 pubmed publisher..We are presenting here the updated approaches for each step, and discuss alternative strategies allowing for the protocol to be optimized for different biological systems. ..
- Dubuis J, Tkacik G, Wieschaus E, Gregor T, Bialek W. Positional information, in bits. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:16301-8 pubmed publisher..We argue that this constancy is a signature of optimality in the transmission of information from primary morphogen inputs to the output of the gap gene network. ..
- Surrey T, Elowitz M, Wolf P, Yang F, Nedelec F, Shokat K, et al. Chromophore-assisted light inactivation and self-organization of microtubules and motors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:4293-8 pubmed..In this system, CALI can effectively perturb local structure formation by blocking or reducing the degree of aster formation in chosen regions of the sample, without influencing structure formation elsewhere. ..
- Ohlmeyer J, Schupbach T. Encore facilitates SCF-Ubiquitin-proteasome-dependent proteolysis during Drosophila oogenesis. Development. 2003;130:6339-49 pubmed
- Zhu M, Zhao W, Vazquez N, Mitroka J. Analysis of low level radioactive metabolites in biological fluids using high-performance liquid chromatography with microplate scintillation counting: method validation and application. J Pharm Biomed Anal. 2005;39:233-45 pubmed..The data from this study strongly suggest that HPLC in combination with TopCount is a viable alternative analytical tool for detection and quantification of low levels of radioactive metabolites in biological fluids. ..
- Kramer T, Greco T, Enquist L, Cristea I. Proteomic characterization of pseudorabies virus extracellular virions. J Virol. 2011;85:6427-41 pubmed publisher..This analysis extends previous work aimed at determining the composition of herpesvirus virions and provides novel insights critical for understanding the mechanisms underlying PRV entry, assembly, egress, spread, and pathogenesis...
- Vuppugalla R, Zhang Y, Chang S, Rodrigues A, Marathe P. Impact of nonlinear midazolam pharmacokinetics on the magnitude of the midazolam-ketoconazole interaction in rats. Xenobiotica. 2012;42:1058-68 pubmed publisher..Therefore, when the rat is used as a DDI model to screen and differentiate compounds, or predict CYP3A inhibition in humans, it is important to use low doses of midazolam and ensure linear PK. ..
- O Loughlin C, Miller L, Siryaporn A, Drescher K, Semmelhack M, Bassler B. A quorum-sensing inhibitor blocks Pseudomonas aeruginosa virulence and biofilm formation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:17981-6 pubmed publisher..Because LasR and RhlR reciprocally control crucial virulence factors, appropriately tuning rather than completely inhibiting their activities appears to hold the key to blocking pathogenesis in vivo. ..
- Lee L, Mohler W, Schafer B, Freudenberger J, Byrne Connolly N, Eager K, et al. Nucleotide sequence of the rat low density lipoprotein receptor cDNA. Nucleic Acids Res. 1989;17:1259-60 pubmed
- Simon H, Oppenheimer S. Advanced mRNA differential display: isolation of a new differentially regulated myosin heavy chain-encoding gene in amphibian limb regeneration. Gene. 1996;172:175-81 pubmed..This differential regulation was confirmed by Northern analysis, and DNA sequencing uncovered a novel newt differentiation-specific transcript encoding a skeletal myosin heavy chain (MHC)...
- Gordon D. Recent advances in elucidating the role of the microsomal triglyceride transfer protein in apolipoprotein B lipoprotein assembly. Curr Opin Lipidol. 1997;8:131-7 pubmed..Thus, microsomal triglyceride transfer protein appears to control the number of apolipoprotein B lipoprotein particles secreted but not the lipid composition. ..
- Reeves G, Kalifa R, Klein D, Lemmon M, Shvartsman S. Computational analysis of EGFR inhibition by Argos. Dev Biol. 2005;284:523-35 pubmed..Thus, the spatial range of Argos does not have to be tightly regulated or may act at different ranges in distinct developmental contexts. ..
- Lee F, Smykla R, Johnston K, Menard K, McGlinchey K, Peterson R, et al. Preclinical efficacy spectrum and pharmacokinetics of ixabepilone. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol. 2009;63:201-12 pubmed publisher..This is accompanied by favorable pharmacokinetics. Ixabepilone has reduced susceptibility to resistance due to P-gp overexpression, tubulin mutations, and alterations in beta-tubulin isotype expression. ..
- Kanodia J, Rikhy R, Kim Y, Lund V, DeLotto R, Lippincott Schwartz J, et al. Dynamics of the Dorsal morphogen gradient. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:21707-12 pubmed publisher..We attribute these striking differences in the dynamics of maternal morphogen gradients to the differences in the initial conditions and chemistries of the anterior, DV, and terminal systems. ..
- Kaletsky R, Murphy C. The role of insulin/IGF-like signaling in C. elegans longevity and aging. Dis Model Mech. 2010;3:415-9 pubmed publisher..In this review, we discuss how C. elegans has contributed to our understanding of insulin signaling and aging. ..
- Reinhart P, Kaltenbach L, Essrich C, Dunn D, Eudailey J, DeMarco C, et al. Identification of anti-inflammatory targets for Huntington's disease using a brain slice-based screening assay. Neurobiol Dis. 2011;43:248-56 pubmed publisher..The nature of these targets provide further support for non-cell autonomous mechanisms mediating significant aspects of neuropathogenesis induced by mutant HTT fragment proteins. ..
- Hunt G, Singh P, Schwarzbauer J. Endogenous production of fibronectin is required for self-renewal of cultured mouse embryonic stem cells. Exp Cell Res. 2012;318:1820-31 pubmed publisher..By providing cell adhesive signals that can act with other self-renewal factors to maintain mES cell pluripotency, fibronectin is therefore a necessary component of the self-renewal signaling pathway in culture. ..
- Chandrasekaran A, Osman M, Scatina J, Sisenwine S. Metabolism of equilin sulfate in the dog. J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 1995;55:271-8 pubmed..The reduction of the 17-keto group and aromatization of ring-B are the major metabolic pathways of equilin in the dog. ..
- Carman J, Nadler S. Direct association of tristetraprolin with the nucleoporin CAN/Nup214. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;315:445-9 pubmed..In contrast to wild type TTP that localized primarily in the cytosol, a mutant unable to associate with Nup214 localized throughout the cell, suggesting that the interaction with Nup214 regulates TTP localization. ..
- Zinker B, Mika A, Nguyen P, Wilcox D, Ohman L, von Geldern T, et al. Liver-selective glucocorticoid receptor antagonism decreases glucose production and increases glucose disposal, ameliorating insulin resistance. Metabolism. 2007;56:380-7 pubmed..The approach of inhibiting the hepatic GR may be an advantageous treatment paradigm for individuals with type 2 diabetes mellitus. ..
- Vasilyev D, Shan Q, Lee Y, Mayer S, Bowlby M, Strassle B, et al. Direct inhibition of Ih by analgesic loperamide in rat DRG neurons. J Neurophysiol. 2007;97:3713-21 pubmed..Because I(h) channels are involved in pain processing, loperamide-induced inhibition of I(h) channels could provide an additional molecular mechanism for its analgesic action. ..
- Davis G, Srinivasan D, Wittkopp P, Stern D. The function and regulation of Ultrabithorax in the legs of Drosophila melanogaster. Dev Biol. 2007;308:621-31 pubmed..While the enhancer could reside within the small regions we have not surveyed, it is also possible that the enhancer is structurally complex and/or acts only within its native genomic context. ..
- Zhen Y, Aardema M, Medina E, Schumer M, Andolfatto P. Parallel molecular evolution in an herbivore community. Science. 2012;337:1634-7 pubmed..Together, these findings support the hypothesis that adaptation tends to take evolutionary paths that minimize negative pleiotropy. ..
- Sechler J, Cumiskey A, Gazzola D, Schwarzbauer J. A novel RGD-independent fibronectin assembly pathway initiated by alpha4beta1 integrin binding to the alternatively spliced V region. J Cell Sci. 2000;113 ( Pt 8):1491-8 pubmed..Thus, there appear to be multiple, integrin-specific mechanisms for assembly of FN matrix. ..
- Ch ng T, Spear P, Struyf F, Enquist L. Glycoprotein D-independent spread of pseudorabies virus infection in cultured peripheral nervous system neurons in a compartmented system. J Virol. 2007;81:10742-57 pubmed..Neither of the host cell gD receptors (HVEM and nectin-1) is required in target primary fibroblasts for neuron-to-cell spread of HSV-1 or PRV infection. ..
- Rugg D, Hair J, Everett R, Cunningham J, Carter L. Confirmation of the efficacy of a novel formulation of metaflumizone plus amitraz for the treatment and control of fleas and ticks on dogs. Vet Parasitol. 2007;150:209-18 pubmed..Efficacy was confirmed in a variety of dog breeds against three different flea strains and four common species of ticks found on dogs in the United States...
- Glaser K, Sung M, Hartman D, Lock Y, Bauer J, Walter T, et al. Cellular and topical in vivo inflammatory murine models in the evaluation of inhibitors of phospholipase A2. Skin Pharmacol. 1995;8:300-8 pubmed..The consistency of scalaradial and luffariellolide may be inherent to their irreversible mechanism of action, which is a factor to be accounted for in the extrapolation of enzyme data to cellular and in vivo models. ..
- Waters M, Pfeffer S. Membrane tethering in intracellular transport. Curr Opin Cell Biol. 1999;11:453-9 pubmed..Tethering factors may collaborate with Rabs and SNAREs to generate targeting specificity in the secretory pathway. ..
- Mancini Dinardo D, Steele S, Ingram R, Tilghman S. A differentially methylated region within the gene Kcnq1 functions as an imprinted promoter and silencer. Hum Mol Genet. 2003;12:283-94 pubmed..We propose, on the basis of these findings, that the Kcnq1 ICR functions as a silencer on the paternal chromosome to effect the repression of neighboring genes. ..
- Sandell L, Guan X, Ingram R, Tilghman S. Gatm, a creatine synthesis enzyme, is imprinted in mouse placenta. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:4622-7 pubmed..This genomic screen for novel imprinted genes has elucidated a new connection between imprinting and creatine metabolism during embryonic development in mammals...
- Cram E, Clark S, Schwarzbauer J. Talin loss-of-function uncovers roles in cell contractility and migration in C. elegans. J Cell Sci. 2003;116:3871-8 pubmed..In addition, induction of distal tip cell migration defects by bacterial RNAi in C. elegans provides an effective screen to identify genes involved in integrin signaling and function. ..
- Forrest K, Clark I, Jain R, Gavis E. Temporal complexity within a translational control element in the nanos mRNA. Development. 2004;131:5849-57 pubmed..Thus, independent regulatory modules with temporally distinct activities contribute to spatial regulation of nanos translation. We propose that nanos evolved to exploit two different stage-specific translational regulatory mechanisms. ..
- Swan A, Barcelo G, Schupbach T. Drosophila Cks30A interacts with Cdk1 to target Cyclin A for destruction in the female germline. Development. 2005;132:3669-78 pubmed..We also find that a second closely related Cks gene, Cks85A, plays a distinct, non-overlapping role in Drosophila, and the two genes cannot functionally replace each other. ..
- Westhouse R. Safety assessment considerations and strategies for targeted small molecule cancer therapeutics in drug discovery. Toxicol Pathol. 2010;38:165-8 pubmed publisher..This article presents concepts and strategies to reduce the attrition of small molecule oncology therapeutic drug candidates due to toxicity. ..
- Zhang H, Xin B, Caporuscio C, Olah T. Bioanalytical strategies for developing highly sensitive liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry based methods for the peptide GLP-1 agonists in support of discovery PK/PD studies. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2011;25:3427-35 pubmed publisher..This is a 100-fold improvement on LLOQs over generic LC/MS/MS-based methods when the same sample volume and the same mass spectrometer platform were used. The methods have been implemented in the support of discovery PK/PD studies. ..
- Sueur C. Group decision-making in chacma baboons: leadership, order and communication during movement. BMC Ecol. 2011;11:26 pubmed publisher..Loud calls are probably not used as recruitment signals but more as a cue concerning the motivation to move, therefore enhancing coordination between group members. ..
- Staver A, Bond W, Cramer M, Wakeling J. Top-down determinants of niche structure and adaptation among African Acacias. Ecol Lett. 2012;15:673-9 pubmed publisher..Herbivory-adapted species tend to have 'cage'-like architecture, thicker bark, and less starch storage, while fire-adapted species tend to have 'pole'-like architecture, relatively thinner bark, and more starch storage. ..
- Zhu W, Nelson C. PI3K signaling in the regulation of branching morphogenesis. Biosystems. 2012;109:403-11 pubmed publisher..Cultured cells, explants and transgenic mice have revealed that the PI3K pathway is critical for the regulation of cell proliferation, apoptosis and motility during branching of tissues. ..
- Blanco M, LeRoy G, Khan Z, Aleckovic M, Zee B, Garcia B, et al. Global secretome analysis identifies novel mediators of bone metastasis. Cell Res. 2012;22:1339-55 pubmed publisher..Overall, our study has uncovered several new secreted mediators of bone metastasis and therefore demonstrated that secretome analysis is a powerful method for identification of novel biomarkers and candidate therapeutic targets. ..
- Cardoso M, Fontenele M, Lim B, Bisch P, Shvartsman S, Araújo H. A novel function for the IκB inhibitor Cactus in promoting Dorsal nuclear localization and activity in the Drosophila embryo. Development. 2017;144:2907-2913 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that Cactus acts to bolster Dorsal activation, in addition to its role as a NFκB inhibitor, ensuring a correct response to Toll signals. ..
- Grover G, Hedberg A, Ogletree M. Direct myocardial effects of the thromboxane A2/prostaglandin H2 agonists U-46619 and SQ 26,655 under ischemic and nonischemic conditions. Pharmacology. 1990;41:1-15 pubmed..In conclusion, TP antagonists are not cardioprotective in this model, but exogenous TP receptor agonists have complex actions in buffer-perfused hearts, some of which are mediated by vascular TP receptors and others which are not. ..
- Parks C, Robinson P, Sibille E, Shenk T, Toth M. Increased anxiety of mice lacking the serotonin1A receptor. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:10734-9 pubmed..This view is consistent with earlier studies showing that pharmacological activation of the 5-HT system is anxiogenic in animal models and also in humans. ..
- Nodelman I, Bowman G, Lindberg U, Schutt C. X-ray structure determination of human profilin II: A comparative structural analysis of human profilins. J Mol Biol. 1999;294:1271-85 pubmed..These observations are important for the understanding of the functional and structural differences between these two classes of profilin isoforms. ..
- Enquist L, Tomishima M, Gross S, Smith G. Directional spread of an alpha-herpesvirus in the nervous system. Vet Microbiol. 2002;86:5-16 pubmed
- Rendina A, Cheng D. Characterization of the inactivation of rat fatty acid synthase by C75: inhibition of partial reactions and protection by substrates. Biochem J. 2005;388:895-903 pubmed..The most likely explanation for the multiple effects observed with C75 on rat liver FAS and its partial reactions is that there are multiple sites of interaction between C75 and FAS. ..
- Schechter L, Smith D, Rosenzweig Lipson S, Sukoff S, Dawson L, Marquis K, et al. Lecozotan (SRA-333): a selective serotonin 1A receptor antagonist that enhances the stimulated release of glutamate and acetylcholine in the hippocampus and possesses cognitive-enhancing properties. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2005;314:1274-89 pubmed..m.) in marmosets. The heterosynaptic nature of the effects of lecozotan imbues this compound with a novel mechanism of action directed at the biochemical pathologies underlying cognitive loss in Alzheimer's disease...
- Lee K, Martin L, Hasselquist D, Ricklefs R, Wikelski M. Contrasting adaptive immune defenses and blood parasite prevalence in closely related Passer sparrows. Oecologia. 2006;150:383-92 pubmed..We suggest that these immunological differences could affect fitness in ways that contribute to the contrasting abundances of the two species in North American and Western Europe...
- Bingham B, Jones P, Uveges A, Kotnis S, Lu P, Smith V, et al. Species-specific in vitro pharmacological effects of the cannabinoid receptor 2 (CB2) selective ligand AM1241 and its resolved enantiomers. Br J Pharmacol. 2007;151:1061-70 pubmed..The greater antinociceptive efficacy of S-AM1241, the functional CB(2) agonist enantiomer of AM1241, is consistent with previous observations that CB(2) agonists are effective in relief of pain. ..
- Swem L, Swem D, O Loughlin C, Gatmaitan R, Zhao B, Ulrich S, et al. A quorum-sensing antagonist targets both membrane-bound and cytoplasmic receptors and controls bacterial pathogenicity. Mol Cell. 2009;35:143-53 pubmed publisher..The most potent antagonist protects Caenorhabditis elegans from quorum-sensing-mediated killing by Chromobacterium violaceum, validating the notion that targeting quorum sensing has potential for antimicrobial drug development. ..
- Martin A, Gelbart M, Fernandez Gonzalez R, Kaschube M, Wieschaus E. Integration of contractile forces during tissue invagination. J Cell Biol. 2010;188:735-49 pubmed publisher..Thus, pulsed actomyosin contractions require a supracellular, tensile meshwork to transmit cellular forces to the tissue level during morphogenesis. ..
- Shepherd S, Steckenfinger S, Hasson U, Ghazanfar A. Human-monkey gaze correlations reveal convergent and divergent patterns of movie viewing. Curr Biol. 2010;20:649-56 pubmed publisher..Together, these data suggest that human and monkey gaze behavior comprises converging and diverging informational strategies, driven by both scene content and context; they are not fully described by simple low-level visual models. ..
- Thomas R, Cheng Y, Yan J, Bettinger T, Broillet A, Rioufol G, et al. Upregulation of coronary endothelial P-selectin in a monkey heart ischemia reperfusion model. J Mol Histol. 2010;41:277-87 pubmed publisher..There was significant increase in the Psel expression in vessels from the IR areas. However, significantly higher Psel immunoreactivity was also seen in areas which are distant from IR injuries. ..
- Wu S, Ouyang Z, Olah T, Jemal M. A strategy for liquid chromatography/tandem mass spectrometry based quantitation of pegylated protein drugs in plasma using plasma protein precipitation with water-miscible organic solvents and subsequent trypsin digestion to generate surrogate pepti. Rapid Commun Mass Spectrom. 2011;25:281-90 pubmed publisher..A required lower limit of quantitation (LLOQ) of 10 ng/mL, expressed in terms of the concentration of the protein drug, was easily achieved. ..
- Kappes G, Deshpande G, Mulvey B, Horabin J, Schedl P. The Drosophila Myc gene, diminutive, is a positive regulator of the Sex-lethal establishment promoter, Sxl-Pe. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:1543-8 pubmed publisher..Here we show that the Drosophila Myc gene diminutive is an X-linked numerator. ..
- Roongta U, Pabalan J, Wang X, Ryseck R, Fargnoli J, Henley B, et al. Cancer cell dependence on unsaturated fatty acids implicates stearoyl-CoA desaturase as a target for cancer therapy. Mol Cancer Res. 2011;9:1551-61 pubmed publisher..Altogether, these results suggest that desaturated fatty acids are required for tumor cell survival and that SCD may represent a viable target for the development of novel agents for cancer therapy. ..
- Sun B, Lembong J, Normand V, Rogers M, Stone H. Spatial-temporal dynamics of collective chemosensing. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:7753-8 pubmed publisher..Our observations and measurements highlight the crucial role of intercellular signaling for generating regulated spatial and temporal dynamics in cell colonies and tissues. ..
- Takahashi D, Fenley A, Ghazanfar A. Early development of turn-taking with parents shapes vocal acoustics in infant marmoset monkeys. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2016;371: pubmed publisher..We conclude that vocal turn-taking by marmoset monkeys and humans is an instance of convergent evolution, possibly as a result of pressures on both species to adopt a cooperative breeding strategy and increase volubility. ..
- Lazo P, Dorfman K, Noguchi T, Mattei M, Bravo R. Structure and mapping of the fosB gene. FosB downregulates the activity of the fosB promoter. Nucleic Acids Res. 1992;20:343-50 pubmed..We have also shown that FosB and c-Fos can downregulate the activity of the fosB promoter to a similar extent. The fosB gene is located in the [A1-B1] region of mouse chromosome 7. ..
- DeForrest J, Scalese R, Oehl R, Waldron T, Mitch S, Brittain R, et al. Perinephritis hypertension in Macaca fascicularis (cynomolgus monkey): studies of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone axis and renal hemodynamic function. J Hypertens. 1989;7:763-7 pubmed..Additionally, captopril lowered ALDO and increased PRA. It is concluded that bilateral perinephritis hypertension in the monkey is dependent on increased activity of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone axis...
- Zhang R, Ogletree M, Moreland S. Characterization of thromboxane A2/prostaglandin endoperoxide receptors in aorta. Eur J Pharmacol. 1996;317:91-6 pubmed
- Dawson L, Djali S, Gonzales C, Vinegra M, Zaleska M. Characterization of transient focal ischemia-induced increases in extracellular glutamate and aspartate in spontaneously hypertensive rats. Brain Res Bull. 2000;53:767-76 pubmed..These results indicate that during transient focal ischemia the increase in extracellular EAAs originates from both the neuronal pool, via conventional exocytotic release, and glial sources via the reversal of the GLT-1 transporter...
- O Brien D, Suarez R. Fuel use in hawkmoth (Amphion floridensis) flight muscle: enzyme activities and flux rates. J Exp Zool. 2001;290:108-14 pubmed..J. Exp. Zool. 290:108-114, 2001. ..
- Deshpande G, Schedl P. First seduction, then transfiguration. Dev Cell. 2002;3:308-9 pubmed..These studies underscore the enticing activity of FGFs and raise interesting questions regarding subsequent transformations in cellular identity. ..
- Stern D. The Hox gene Ultrabithorax modulates the shape and size of the third leg of Drosophila by influencing diverse mechanisms. Dev Biol. 2003;256:355-66 pubmed..Total organ size appears to be regulated through mechanisms that operate at the level of the entire leg segment (femur or basitarsus) relatively independently of the behavior of individual subpopulations of cells within the segment. ..
- Thomas J, Wieschaus E. src64 and tec29 are required for microfilament contraction during Drosophila cellularization. Development. 2004;131:863-71 pubmed..The absence of Bottleneck during late cellularization allows src64-dependent microfilament ring constriction to drive basal closure. ..
- Deshpande G, Calhoun G, Schedl P. Overlapping mechanisms function to establish transcriptional quiescence in the embryonic Drosophila germline. Development. 2004;131:1247-57 pubmed..Furthermore, pgc is required to establish a repressive chromatin architecture in pole cells. ..
- Yan N, Gu L, Kokel D, Chai J, Li W, Han A, et al. Structural, biochemical, and functional analyses of CED-9 recognition by the proapoptotic proteins EGL-1 and CED-4. Mol Cell. 2004;15:999-1006 pubmed..These data suggest a working mechanism for the release of CED-4 from the CED-4/CED-9 complex upon EGL-1 binding and provide a mechanistic framework for understanding apoptosis activation in C. elegans. ..
- Duchow H, Brechbiel J, Chatterjee S, Gavis E. The nanos translational control element represses translation in somatic cells by a Bearded box-like motif. Dev Biol. 2005;282:207-17 pubmed..Together, these results suggest that the TCE has appropriated a conserved regulatory motif to expand its function to somatic tissues. ..
- MacDougall Shackleton E, Derryberry E, Foufopoulos J, Dobson A, Hahn T. Parasite-mediated heterozygote advantage in an outbred songbird population. Biol Lett. 2005;1:105-7 pubmed..Microsatellite heterozygosity is related to an individual's risk of parasitism, and mean d2 (a broader, more long-term measure of parental relatedness) to the severity of infection among parasitized individuals. ..