Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on animals in Miami, Florida, United States
Locale: Miami, Florida, United States
Publications498 found, 100 shown here
- Pinzon A, Marcillo A, Pabon D, Bramlett H, Bunge M, Dietrich W. A re-assessment of erythropoietin as a neuroprotective agent following rat spinal cord compression or contusion injury. Exp Neurol. 2008;213:129-36 pubmed publisher..With these results, although we cannot conclude that there will be no beneficial effect in different SCI models, we caution researchers that the use of rhEPO requires further investigation before implementing clinical trials. ..
- Moore R, Cai K, Escudero D, Xu X. Cell adhesive affinity does not dictate primitive endoderm segregation and positioning during murine embryoid body formation. Genesis. 2009;47:579-89 pubmed publisher..Thus, the ability to generate epithelial polarity, rather than adhesive affinity, determines the surface positioning of the primitive endoderm cells. ..
- Li J, O Reilly N, Sheha H, Katz R, Raju V, Kavanagh K, et al. Correlation between ocular Demodex infestation and serum immunoreactivity to Bacillus proteins in patients with Facial rosacea. Ophthalmology. 2010;117:870-877.e1 pubmed publisher..12/21; P = 0.002). The strong correlation provides a better understanding of comorbidity between Demodex mites and their symbiotic B oleronius in facial rosacea and blepharitis. Treatments directed to both warrant future investigation. ..
- Buchser W, Slepak T, Gutierrez Arenas O, Bixby J, Lemmon V. Kinase/phosphatase overexpression reveals pathways regulating hippocampal neuron morphology. Mol Syst Biol. 2010;6:391 pubmed publisher..In addition, pathway analysis revealed that members of signaling pathways involved in cancer progression and axis formation enhanced neurite outgrowth, whereas cytokine-related pathways significantly inhibited neurite formation. ..
- Kanashiro Takeuchi R, Takeuchi L, Hatzistergos K, Quevedo H, Selem S, Treuer A, et al. Effects of combination of proliferative agents and erythropoietin on left ventricular remodeling post-myocardial infarction. Clin Transl Sci. 2011;4:168-74 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that combining mobilizing and proliferative agents adds to the durability and sustainability of cytokine-based therapies for remodeling post-MI. ..
- Hoosien M, Ahearn M, Myerburg R, Pham T, Miller T, Smets M, et al. Dysfunctional potassium channel subunit interaction as a novel mechanism of long QT syndrome. Heart Rhythm. 2013;10:728-37 pubmed publisher..Our findings illuminate a previously unreported mechanism for LQTS, and validate recent theoretical models of the closed state of the KCNQ1:KCNE1 complex. ..
- Morris Blanco K, Cohan C, Neumann J, Sick T, Perez Pinzon M. Protein kinase C epsilon regulates mitochondrial pools of Nampt and NAD following resveratrol and ischemic preconditioning in the rat cortex. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2014;34:1024-32 pubmed publisher..These findings indicate that PKC? is critical to increase or maintain mitochondrial Nampt and NAD after pathways of ischemic neuroprotection in the brain. ..
- Cheng Y, Pardo M, Armini R, Martinez A, Mouhsine H, Zagury J, et al. Stress-induced neuroinflammation is mediated by GSK3-dependent TLR4 signaling that promotes susceptibility to depression-like behavior. Brain Behav Immun. 2016;53:207-222 pubmed publisher..Thus, stress-induces a broad inflammatory response in mouse hippocampus that involves TLR4, GSK3, and downstream inflammatory signaling, and these stress responses contribute to susceptibility to depression-like behavior in mice. ..
- Moraes C, Kenyon L, Hao H. Mechanisms of human mitochondrial DNA maintenance: the determining role of primary sequence and length over function. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:3345-56 pubmed..In agreement with this hypothesis, marked variations in mtDNA levels did not affect the transcription of nuclear-coded factors involved in mtDNA replication. ..
- Marangon F, Miller D, Alfonso E. Impact of prior therapy on the recovery and frequency of corneal pathogens. Cornea. 2004;23:158-64 pubmed..To document the impact of prior antibiotic therapy on the recovery of corneal pathogens...
- Grewer C, Grabsch E. New inhibitors for the neutral amino acid transporter ASCT2 reveal its Na+-dependent anion leak. J Physiol. 2004;557:747-59 pubmed
- Szczesna Cordary D, Guzman G, Zhao J, Hernandez O, Wei J, Diaz Perez Z. The E22K mutation of myosin RLC that causes familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy increases calcium sensitivity of force and ATPase in transgenic mice. J Cell Sci. 2005;118:3675-83 pubmed
- Torroella Kouri M, Ma X, Perry G, Ivanova M, Cejas P, Owen J, et al. Diminished expression of transcription factors nuclear factor kappaB and CCAAT/enhancer binding protein underlies a novel tumor evasion mechanism affecting macrophages of mammary tumor-bearing mice. Cancer Res. 2005;65:10578-84 pubmed..Because similar findings occur with the iNOS gene, it seems that it represents a novel mechanism by which tumor-derived factors interfere with the host immune defenses. ..
- Guzman J, Ruiz J, Eshraghi A, Polak M, Garnham C, Balkany T, et al. Triamcinolone acetonide protects auditory hair cells from 4-hydroxy-2,3-nonenal (HNE) ototoxicity in vitro. Acta Otolaryngol. 2006;126:685-90 pubmed
- Sosenko I, Kallapur S, Nitsos I, Moss T, Newnham J, Ikegami M, et al. IL-1 alpha causes lung inflammation and maturation by direct effects on preterm fetal lamb lungs. Pediatr Res. 2006;60:294-8 pubmed..IL-1alpha induced large increases in alveolar surfactant saturated phosphatidylcholine and increased lung gas volumes. Lung inflammation and maturation result from direct exposure of the fetal lung to a single cytokine - IL-1alpha. ..
- Lokeshwar V, Estrella V, Lopez L, Kramer M, Gomez P, Soloway M, et al. HYAL1-v1, an alternatively spliced variant of HYAL1 hyaluronidase: a negative regulator of bladder cancer. Cancer Res. 2006;66:11219-27 pubmed..Therefore, HYAL-v1 expression may negatively regulate bladder tumor growth, infiltration, and angiogenesis. ..
- Nimmagadda A, Park H, Prado R, Ginsberg M. Albumin therapy improves local vascular dynamics in a rat model of primary microvascular thrombosis: a two-photon laser-scanning microscopy study. Stroke. 2008;39:198-204 pubmed
- Lo T, Cho K, Garg M, Lynch M, Marcillo A, Koivisto D, et al. Systemic hypothermia improves histological and functional outcome after cervical spinal cord contusion in rats. J Comp Neurol. 2009;514:433-48 pubmed publisher..The current study demonstrates that mild systemic hypothermia is effective for retarding tissue damage and reducing neurological deficits following a clinically relevant contusive cervical SCI. ..
- Koppada R, Norozian F, Torbati D, Kalomiris S, Ramachandran C, Totapally B. Physiological effects of a novel immune stimulator drug, (1,4)-?-D-glucan, in rats. Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol. 2009;105:217-21 pubmed publisher..We suggest that these in vivo effects of ?-D-glucan should be considered for future clinical and/or experimental trials...
- Ma Q, Cavallin L, Yan B, Zhu S, Duran E, Wang H, et al. Antitumorigenesis of antioxidants in a transgenic Rac1 model of Kaposi's sarcoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:8683-8 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest host and viral genes triggering Rac1 or ROS production as key determinants of KS onset and potential KS chemopreventive or therapeutic targets. ..
- Reierson G, Mastronardi C, Licinio J, Wong M. Repeated antidepressant therapy increases cyclic GMP signaling in rat hippocampus. Neurosci Lett. 2009;466:149-53 pubmed publisher..Immunoassay results showed unchanged cAMP levels. We conclude that increased cGMP signaling might underlie the efficacy of chronic antidepressant treatment. ..
- Gonzalez Brito M, Bixby J. Protein tyrosine phosphatase receptor type O regulates development and function of the sensory nervous system. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2009;42:458-65 pubmed publisher..Our data indicate that PTPRO is required for peptidergic differentiation and process outgrowth of sensory neurons, as well as mature sensory function, and provide the first evidence that RPTPs regulate DRG development. ..
- Taylor J, Mager E, Grosell M. Basolateral NBCe1 plays a rate-limiting role in transepithelial intestinal HCO3- secretion, contributing to marine fish osmoregulation. J Exp Biol. 2010;213:459-68 pubmed publisher..These similar functional characteristics of isolated tfNBCe1 and the intact tissue suggest a role of this cotransporter in the high HCO3- secretion rates of the marine fish intestine. ..
- Dominska M, Dykxhoorn D. Breaking down the barriers: siRNA delivery and endosome escape. J Cell Sci. 2010;123:1183-9 pubmed publisher..This Commentary focuses on novel strategies designed to enhance endosomal escape and thereby increase the efficacy of siRNA-mediated gene silencing. ..
- Caso R, Silvera R, Carrio R, Iragavarapu Charyulu V, Gonzalez Perez R, Torroella Kouri M. Blood monocytes from mammary tumor-bearing mice: early targets of tumor-induced immune suppression?. Int J Oncol. 2010;37:891-900 pubmed
- Bartra S, Gong X, Lorica C, Jain C, Nair M, SCHIFFERLI D, et al. The outer membrane protein A (OmpA) of Yersinia pestis promotes intracellular survival and virulence in mice. Microb Pathog. 2012;52:41-6 pubmed publisher..pestis is restricted to enhancing intracellular survival. Our data show that OmpA of the pathogenic Yersinia is a virulence factor on par with the T3SS...
- Dando R, Dvoryanchikov G, Pereira E, Chaudhari N, Roper S. Adenosine enhances sweet taste through A2B receptors in the taste bud. J Neurosci. 2012;32:322-30 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that ATP released during taste reception is degraded to adenosine to exert positive modulation particularly on sweet taste. ..
- Schreiber T, Wolf D, Bodero M, Gonzalez L, Podack E. T cell costimulation by TNFR superfamily (TNFRSF)4 and TNFRSF25 in the context of vaccination. J Immunol. 2012;189:3311-8 pubmed..These studies highlight the overlapping but nonredundant activities of TNFRSF4 and TNFRSF25 in T cell immunity, which may guide the application of receptor agonistic agents as vaccine adjuvants for infectious disease and tumor immunity. ..
- Ajdic D, Zoghbi Y, Gerth D, Panthaki Z, Thaller S. The Relationship of Bacterial Biofilms and Capsular Contracture in Breast Implants. Aesthet Surg J. 2016;36:297-309 pubmed publisher..The review also outlines the key diagnostic modalities available to identify the possible infectious agents found in biofilm, as well as available preventative and treatment measures. ..
- Grubaugh N, Ladner J, Kraemer M, Dudas G, Tan A, Gangavarapu K, et al. Genomic epidemiology reveals multiple introductions of Zika virus into the United States. Nature. 2017;546:401-405 pubmed publisher..Our study provides an understanding of how ZIKV initiates transmission in new regions...
- Jin K, Zhou W, Han X, Wang Z, Li B, Jeffries S, et al. Acetylation of Mastermind-like 1 by p300 Drives the Recruitment of NACK to Initiate Notch-Dependent Transcription. Cancer Res. 2017;77:4228-4237 pubmed publisher..i>Cancer Res; 77(16); 4228-37. Â©2017 AACR. ..
- Olosz F, Malek T. Three loops of the common gamma chain ectodomain required for the binding of interleukin-2 and interleukin-7. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:30100-5 pubmed..Mutations in these loops have also been noted in the gammac gene of patients with X-linked severe combined immunodeficiency. ..
- Olosz F, Malek T. Structural basis for binding multiple ligands by the common cytokine receptor gamma-chain. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:12047-52 pubmed..Asn-128 and Tyr-103 likely act as contact residues whereas Cys-161, Cys-210, and Gly-211 may stabilize the structure of the proposed ligand-interacting surface formed by the two extracytoplasmic domains. ..
- Espinosa Heidmann D, Sall J, Hernandez E, Cousins S. Basal laminar deposit formation in APO B100 transgenic mice: complex interactions between dietary fat, blue light, and vitamin E. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2004;45:260-6 pubmed
- Vazquez Padron R, Pham S, Pang M, Li S, Aitouche A. Molecular dissection of mouse soluble guanylyl cyclase alpha1 promoter. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2004;314:208-14 pubmed..In the latter cell type, we showed that sGC alpha(1) promoter activity was dependent on the presence of its 5(') unstranslated region (5(')UTR). ..
- Zheng F, Cheng Q, Plati A, Ye S, Berho M, Banerjee A, et al. The glomerulosclerosis of aging in females: contribution of the proinflammatory mesangial cell phenotype to macrophage infiltration. Am J Pathol. 2004;165:1789-98 pubmed..Thus, phenotypic changes in mesangial cells may predispose them to inflammatory stimuli, such as TNF-alpha, which would contribute to glomerular macrophage infiltration and inflammatory lesions in aging. ..
- Gao Y, Di Pascuale M, Li W, Baradaran Rafii A, Elizondo A, Kuo C, et al. In vitro and in vivo killing of ocular Demodex by tea tree oil. Br J Ophthalmol. 2005;89:1468-73 pubmed..To compare the in vitro killing effect of different agents on Demodex and to report the in vivo killing effect of tea tree oil (TTO) on ocular Demodex...
- Young K, Torres E, Hatzistergos K, Hehre D, Suguihara C, Hare J. Inhibition of the SDF-1/CXCR4 axis attenuates neonatal hypoxia-induced pulmonary hypertension. Circ Res. 2009;104:1293-301 pubmed publisher..These data offer novel insights into the role of the SDF-1/CXCR4 axis in the pathogenesis of neonatal hypoxia-induced cardiopulmonary remodeling and have important therapeutic implications. ..
- Wen Y, Xu Y, Wang Y, Pinto J, Potter J, Kerrick W. Functional effects of a restrictive-cardiomyopathy-linked cardiac troponin I mutation (R145W) in transgenic mice. J Mol Biol. 2009;392:1158-67 pubmed publisher..These functional results help to explain the mechanisms by which these mutations give rise to a restrictive phenotype. ..
- Lahiri D, Rouzaud F, Richard T, Keshri A, Bakshi S, Kos L, et al. Boron nitride nanotube reinforced polylactide-polycaprolactone copolymer composite: mechanical properties and cytocompatibility with osteoblasts and macrophages in vitro. Acta Biomater. 2010;6:3524-33 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that BNNT is a potential reinforcement for composites for orthopedic applications...
- Shay E, He H, Sakurai S, Tseng S. Inhibition of angiogenesis by HC·HA, a complex of hyaluronan and the heavy chain of inter-?-inhibitor, purified from human amniotic membrane. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2011;52:2669-78 pubmed publisher..Roles of IGFBP-1 and platelet factor 4 in HC·HA antiangiogenic action warrant further investigation. ..
- Shao H, Cai L, Grichnik J, Livingstone A, Velazquez O, Liu Z. Activation of Notch1 signaling in stromal fibroblasts inhibits melanoma growth by upregulating WISP-1. Oncogene. 2011;30:4316-26 pubmed publisher..Thus, targeting tumor stromal Fbs by activating Notch signaling and/or increasing WISP-1 may represent a novel therapeutic approach to combat melanoma. ..
- Nouzova M, Edwards M, Mayoral J, Noriega F. A coordinated expression of biosynthetic enzymes controls the flux of juvenile hormone precursors in the corpora allata of mosquitoes. Insect Biochem Mol Biol. 2011;41:660-9 pubmed publisher..In glands with low synthetic activity, the flux of isoprenoids might be limited by the activity of enzymes with low levels of expression. ..
- Lotocki G, de Rivero Vaccari J, de Rivero Vaccari J, Alonso O, Molano J, Nixon R, et al. Oligodendrocyte vulnerability following traumatic brain injury in rats. Neurosci Lett. 2011;499:143-8 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to test therapeutic interventions that prevent trauma-induced oligodendrocyte cell death, subsequent demyelination and circuit dysfunction. ..
- Fukata M, Shang L, Santaolalla R, Sotolongo J, Pastorini C, España C, et al. Constitutive activation of epithelial TLR4 augments inflammatory responses to mucosal injury and drives colitis-associated tumorigenesis. Inflamm Bowel Dis. 2011;17:1464-73 pubmed publisher..Our results show that regulation of TLRs can affect the outcome of both acute colitis and its consequences, cancer. Targeting TLR4 and other TLRs may ultimately play a role in prevention or treatment of colitis-associated cancer. ..
- Iorns E, Clarke J, Ward T, Dean S, Lippman M. Simultaneous analysis of tumor and stromal gene expression profiles from xenograft models. Breast Cancer Res Treat. 2012;131:321-4 pubmed publisher..This methodology allows for simultaneous genome-wide analysis of gene expression profiles of both tumor cells and the associated stromal tissue. ..
- Shembade N, Harhaj E. Regulation of NF-?B signaling by the A20 deubiquitinase. Cell Mol Immunol. 2012;9:123-30 pubmed publisher..Recent studies also indicate that A20 is an important tumor suppressor that is inactivated in B-cell lymphomas. Therefore, targeting A20 may form the basis of novel therapies for autoimmune disease and lymphomas. ..
- Lai F, Singh A, King M. Xenopus Nanos1 is required to prevent endoderm gene expression and apoptosis in primordial germ cells. Development. 2012;139:1476-86 pubmed publisher..We propose that Nanos1 functions to translationally repress RNAs that normally specify endoderm and promote apoptosis, thus preserving the germline...
- Robbins D, Fei D, Riobo N. The Hedgehog signal transduction network. Sci Signal. 2012;5:re6 pubmed publisher..Thus, Hh signaling is now proposed to occur through a variety of distinct context-dependent signaling modules that have the ability to crosstalk with one another to form an interacting, dynamic Hh signaling network. ..
- Esbaugh A, Mager E, Brix K, Santore R, Grosell M. Implications of pH manipulation methods for metal toxicity: not all acidic environments are created equal. Aquat Toxicol. 2013;130-131:27-30 pubmed publisher..Thus, using CO2 and organic buffers overestimates the impact of acid pH on Pb toxicity...
- Abe T, Harashima A, Xia T, Konno H, Konno K, Morales A, et al. STING recognition of cytoplasmic DNA instigates cellular defense. Mol Cell. 2013;50:5-15 pubmed publisher..In contrast, chronic STING activation may manifest inflammatory responses and possibly autoimmune disease triggered by self-DNA. ..
- Roberts J, Best B, Mannocci L, Fujioka E, Halpin P, Palka D, et al. Habitat-based cetacean density models for the U.S. Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico. Sci Rep. 2016;6:22615 pubmed publisher..The density maps, freely available online, are the first for these regions to be published in the peer-reviewed literature. ..
- Perez Stable C, Pozas A, Roos B. A role for GATA transcription factors in the androgen regulation of the prostate-specific antigen gene enhancer. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2000;167:43-53 pubmed..Our results suggest that prostatic GATA-2 and -3 are involved in the androgen regulation of the PSA gene. ..
- Kubasiak L, Hernandez O, Bishopric N, Webster K. Hypoxia and acidosis activate cardiac myocyte death through the Bcl-2 family protein BNIP3. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:12825-30 pubmed..Overexpression of wild-type BNIP3, but not a translocation-defective mutant, activated cardiac myocyte death only when the myocytes were acidic. This pathway may figure significantly in muscle loss during myocardial ischemia. ..
- Pearse D, Chatzipanteli K, Marcillo A, Bunge M, Dietrich W. Comparison of iNOS inhibition by antisense and pharmacological inhibitors after spinal cord injury. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2003;62:1096-107 pubmed..Furthermore, we demonstrate that the antisense inhibition of iNOS is more efficacious than currently available pharmacological agents. ..
- Stoddard P, Zakon H, Markham M, McAnelly L. Regulation and modulation of electric waveforms in gymnotiform electric fish. J Comp Physiol A Neuroethol Sens Neural Behav Physiol. 2006;192:613-24 pubmed..These mechanisms may lead to better understanding of normal function in a wide range of physiological systems and future application in treatment of disease states involving pathology of excitable membranes. ..
- Mori N, Ishiba Y, Kubota S, Kobayashi A, Higashide T, McLaren M, et al. Truncation mutation in HRG4 (UNC119) leads to mitochondrial ANT-1-mediated photoreceptor synaptic and retinal degeneration by apoptosis. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2006;47:1281-92 pubmed
- Hernandez Martinez S, Mayoral J, Li Y, Noriega F. Role of juvenile hormone and allatotropin on nutrient allocation, ovarian development and survivorship in mosquitoes. J Insect Physiol. 2007;53:230-4 pubmed..These results suggest that only when nutrients are appropriate, factors released from the brain induce the CA to synthesize enough JH to activate reproductive maturation...
- Panickar K, Jayakumar A, Rama Rao K, Norenberg M. Downregulation of the 18-kDa translocator protein: effects on the ammonia-induced mitochondrial permeability transition and cell swelling in cultured astrocytes. Glia. 2007;55:1720-7 pubmed..Our findings highlight the important role of the TSPO in the mechanism of ammonia neurotoxicity. ..
- Raval A, Dave K, DeFazio R, Perez Pinzon M. epsilonPKC phosphorylates the mitochondrial K(+) (ATP) channel during induction of ischemic preconditioning in the rat hippocampus. Brain Res. 2007;1184:345-53 pubmed..2 as a phosphorylation target of epsilonPKC or its downstream effectors. Our results support the hypothesis that the brain mtK(+)(ATP) channel is an important target of IPC and the signal transduction pathways initiated by epsilonPKC. ..
- Bravo Egana V, Rosero S, Molano R, Pileggi A, Ricordi C, Dominguez Bendala J, et al. Quantitative differential expression analysis reveals miR-7 as major islet microRNA. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2008;366:922-6 pubmed..Therefore, we conclude that miR-7 is the most abundant endocrine miRNA in islets while miR-375 is the most abundant intra-islet miRNA. Our results may offer new insights into regulatory pathways of islet gene expression. ..
- Harshaw C, Tourgeman I, Lickliter R. Stimulus contingency and the malleability of species-typical auditory preferences in Northern bobwhite (Colinus virginianus) hatchlings. Dev Psychobiol. 2008;50:460-72 pubmed publisher..These results highlight the role that social interaction and contingency can play in the acquisition and maintenance of species-specific auditory preferences in precocial avian species...
- Jayakumar A, Rama Rao K, Tong X, Norenberg M. Calcium in the mechanism of ammonia-induced astrocyte swelling. J Neurochem. 2009;109 Suppl 1:252-7 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that the ammonia-induced rise in intracellular Ca2+ activates free radical producing enzymes that ultimately contribute to the mechanism of astrocyte swelling. ..
- ..In this issue of Immunity, Baran et al. (2009) identify the molecular mechanism initiating polymerization as charge interactions in the MACPF domain. ..
- Porciatti V, Nagaraju M. Head-up tilt lowers IOP and improves RGC dysfunction in glaucomatous DBA/2J mice. Exp Eye Res. 2010;90:452-60 pubmed publisher..The head-up IOP/PERG protocol may represent a non-invasive way to probe the potential for recovery of RGC dysfunction in D2 mice. ..
- Sachdeva N, Weinstein J, Ashman M, Sachdeva M, Brewer T, Gracia D, et al. Poor lymphoproliferative responses with low proportion of Gag-specific CD8 TEMRA cells in HIV-1-infected patients showing immunological and virological discordance despite prolonged suppression of plasma viremia. Viral Immunol. 2010;23:49-61 pubmed publisher
- Young K, Hussein S, Dadiz R, Demello D, Devia C, Hehre D, et al. Toll-like receptor 4-deficient mice are resistant to chronic hypoxia-induced pulmonary hypertension. Exp Lung Res. 2010;36:111-9 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that TLR4 deficiency may decrease the susceptibility to developing PH by attenuating the pulmonary vascular inflammatory response to chronic hypoxia. ..
- Li Y, Tao W, Luo L, Huang D, Kauper K, Stabila P, et al. CNTF induces regeneration of cone outer segments in a rat model of retinal degeneration. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e9495 pubmed publisher..Long-term treatment with CNTF starting at early stages of degeneration could be a viable strategy for preservation of central vision for patients with retinal degenerations. ..
- Schreiber T, Wolf D, Tsai M, Chirinos J, Deyev V, Gonzalez L, et al. Therapeutic Treg expansion in mice by TNFRSF25 prevents allergic lung inflammation. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:3629-40 pubmed publisher..Our studies define what we believe to be a novel mechanism for Treg control and important functions for TNFR25 in regulating autoaggression that balance its known role in enhancing autoimmunity. ..
- Kunzevitzky N, Almeida M, Duan Y, Li S, Xiang M, Goldberg J. Foxn4 is required for retinal ganglion cell distal axon patterning. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2011;46:731-41 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that amacrine cells are critical for proper RGC axon growth in vivo, and support the hypothesis that the amacrine cell-RGC interaction may contribute to the regulation of distal projections and axon patterning. ..
- Balasubramanian D, Schneper L, Merighi M, Smith R, Narasimhan G, Lory S, et al. The regulatory repertoire of Pseudomonas aeruginosa AmpC ß-lactamase regulator AmpR includes virulence genes. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e34067 pubmed publisher..Unraveling this complex regulatory circuit will provide a better understanding of the bacterial response to antibiotics and how the organism coordinately regulates a myriad of virulence factors in response to antibiotic exposure. ..
- Perez M, Noriega F. Aedes aegypti pharate 1st instar quiescence: a case for anticipatory reproductive plasticity. J Insect Physiol. 2013;59:318-24 pubmed publisher..These findings have implications for A. aegypti's success as a vector, geographic distribution, vector capacity and control. ..
- Wang L, Ning S. Interferon regulatory factor 4 is activated through c-Src-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation in virus-transformed cells. J Virol. 2013;87:9672-9 pubmed publisher..These findings will improve our understanding of IRF4 in neoplasia and will provide profound insights into the interaction of oncogenic viruses with IRF4 in the development of hematological malignancies. ..
- Bishayee A, Mandal A, Bhattacharyya P, Bhatia D. Pomegranate exerts chemoprevention of experimentally induced mammary tumorigenesis by suppression of cell proliferation and induction of apoptosis. Nutr Cancer. 2016;68:120-30 pubmed publisher..Pomegranate bioactive phytoconstituents could be developed as a chemopreventive drug to reduce the risk of breast cancer. ..
- Somashekar S, Sammour I, Huang J, Dominguez Bendala J, Pastori R, Alvarez Cubela S, et al. Intra-Amniotic Soluble Endoglin Impairs Lung Development in Neonatal Rats. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2017;57:468-476 pubmed publisher..Further studies exploring the relationship between amniotic fluid sENG levels and preterm respiratory outcomes will be necessary. ..
- Wu S, Zhang P, Zeng X, Zhang S, Mo J, Li B, et al. Characterization of the p125 subunit of human DNA polymerase delta and its deletion mutants. Interaction with cyclin-dependent kinase-cyclins. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:9561-9 pubmed..Preliminary experiments showed that phosphorylation of the catalytic subunit of pol delta by cdk2-cyclins had little or no effect on the specific activity of the enzyme. ..
- Mayeda A, Badolato J, Kobayashi R, Zhang M, Gardiner E, Krainer A. Purification and characterization of human RNPS1: a general activator of pre-mRNA splicing. EMBO J. 1999;18:4560-70 pubmed..We conclude that RNPS1 is not only a potential regulator of alternative splicing but may also play a more fundamental role as a general activator of pre-mRNA splicing. ..
- Saunders L, Perkins D, Balachandran S, Michaels R, Ford R, Mayeda A, et al. Characterization of two evolutionarily conserved, alternatively spliced nuclear phosphoproteins, NFAR-1 and -2, that function in mRNA processing and interact with the double-stranded RNA-dependent protein kinase, PKR. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:32300-12 pubmed..Collectively, our data indicate that the NFARs may facilitate double-stranded RNA-regulated gene expression at the level of post-transcription and possibly contribute to host defense-related mechanisms in the cell. ..
- Carraway K, Carvajal M, Li P, Carraway C. ErbB2 and its ligand Muc4 (sialomucin complex) in rat lacrimal gland. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2002;506:289-95 pubmed..The nature of those signals and the cell functions they regulate will be subjects for future investigations. ..
- Nair K, Hanson S, Mendez A, Gurevich E, Kennedy M, Shestopalov V, et al. Light-dependent redistribution of arrestin in vertebrate rods is an energy-independent process governed by protein-protein interactions. Neuron. 2005;46:555-67 pubmed..These results indicate that the distribution of arrestin in rods is controlled by its dynamic interactions with rhodopsin in the OS and microtubules in the IS and that its movement occurs by simple diffusion...