Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on acyltransferases in University Park, Florida, United States
Locale: University Park, Florida, United States
- Wu L, Ross A. Acidic retinoids synergize with vitamin A to enhance retinol uptake and STRA6, LRAT, and CYP26B1 expression in neonatal lung. J Lipid Res. 2010;51:378-87 pubmed publisher..However, the pronounced and prolonged induction of CYP26B1 by Am580 may counteract lung RE accumulation after the absorption process is completed. ..
- Inglese J, Johnson D, Shiau A, Smith J, Benkovic S. Subcloning, characterization, and affinity labeling of Escherichia coli glycinamide ribonucleotide transformylase. Biochemistry. 1990;29:1436-43 pubmed..The ionization state of the cofactor analogue in the enzyme-cofactor complex appears to require the dissociation of the proton at N3 of the pyrimidine within the complex. ..
- Zolfaghari R, Ross A. Lecithin:retinol acyltransferase from mouse and rat liver. CDNA cloning and liver-specific regulation by dietary vitamin a and retinoic acid. J Lipid Res. 2000;41:2024-34 pubmed
- Zolfaghari R, Ross A. Cloning, gene organization and identification of an alternative splicing process in lecithin:retinol acyltransferase cDNA from human liver. Gene. 2004;341:181-8 pubmed
- Estes K, Kalamegham R, Hanna Rose W. Membrane localization of the NlpC/P60 family protein EGL-26 correlates with regulation of vulval cell morphogenesis in Caenorhabditis elegans. Dev Biol. 2007;308:196-205 pubmed..Additional mutagenesis of this residue suggests that EGL-26 attains its membrane localization via a mechanism distinct from that of LRAT. ..
- Zolfaghari R, Ross A. An essential set of basic DNA response elements is required for receptor-dependent transcription of the lecithin:retinol acyltransferase (Lrat) gene. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2009;489:1-9 pubmed publisher..Nuclear extracts from RA-treated cells exhibited enhanced binding. Therefore, this proximal region together with basal transcription factors may be sufficient to drive Lrat expression. ..