Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on vesicular transport proteins in California, United States
Locale: California, United States
Topic: vesicular transport proteins
- Itin C, Rancaño C, Nakajima Y, Pfeffer S. A novel assay reveals a role for soluble N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive fusion attachment protein in mannose 6-phosphate receptor transport from endosomes to the trans Golgi network. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:27737-44 pubmed..Together with alpha-SNAP, NSF can increase the extent of transport. These data show that alpha-SNAP, a soluble component of the SNAP receptor machinery, facilitates transport from endosomes to the trans Golgi network. ..
- Ernst J, Brunger A. High resolution structure, stability, and synaptotagmin binding of a truncated neuronal SNARE complex. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:8630-6 pubmed..The truncated SNARE complex is monomeric, and it retains binding to synaptotagmin I. ..
- Foletti D, Scheller R. Developmental regulation and specific brain distribution of phosphorabphilin. J Neurosci. 2001;21:5461-72 pubmed..We propose that the phosphorylation of rabphilin regulates neuronal activity through development and in a synapse-specific manner. ..
- Ethell I, Hagihara K, Miura Y, Irie F, Yamaguchi Y. Synbindin, A novel syndecan-2-binding protein in neuronal dendritic spines. J Cell Biol. 2000;151:53-68 pubmed..We suggest that syndecan-2 induces spine formation by recruiting intracellular vesicles toward postsynaptic sites through the interaction with synbindin. ..
- Steegmaier M, Oorschot V, Klumperman J, Scheller R. Syntaxin 17 is abundant in steroidogenic cells and implicated in smooth endoplasmic reticulum membrane dynamics. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:2719-31 pubmed..Converging lines of evidence indicate that syntaxin 17 functions in a vesicle-trafficking step to the smooth-surfaced tubular ER membranes that are abundant in steroidogenic cells...
- DiAntonio A, Burgess R, Chin A, Deitcher D, Scheller R, Schwarz T. Identification and characterization of Drosophila genes for synaptic vesicle proteins. J Neurosci. 1993;13:4924-35 pubmed
- Prekeris R, Klumperman J, Chen Y, Scheller R. Syntaxin 13 mediates cycling of plasma membrane proteins via tubulovesicular recycling endosomes. J Cell Biol. 1998;143:957-71 pubmed..These results support a role for syntaxin 13 in membrane fusion events during the recycling of plasma membrane proteins. ..
- Tandon A, Bannykh S, Kowalchyk J, Banerjee A, Martin T, Balch W. Differential regulation of exocytosis by calcium and CAPS in semi-intact synaptosomes. Neuron. 1998;21:147-54 pubmed..The differential regulation of exocytosis by CAPS, Ca2+, and potential novel cytosolic factor(s) suggests that the docking and fusion machinery controlling DCVs has diverged from that regulating glutamate-containing SVs. ..
- Diaz E, Pfeffer S. TIP47: a cargo selection device for mannose 6-phosphate receptor trafficking. Cell. 1998;93:433-43 pubmed..These data suggest that TIP47 binds MPR cytoplasmic domains and facilitates their collection into transport vesicles destined for the Golgi. ..
- Hay J, Klumperman J, Oorschot V, Steegmaier M, Kuo C, Scheller R. Localization, dynamics, and protein interactions reveal distinct roles for ER and Golgi SNAREs. J Cell Biol. 1998;141:1489-502 pubmed..The 34-kD syntaxin 5 isoform, membrin, and GOS-28 may function in intraGolgi transport. ..
- Jin L, Pahuja K, Wickliffe K, Gorur A, Baumgärtel C, Schekman R, et al. Ubiquitin-dependent regulation of COPII coat size and function. Nature. 2012;482:495-500 pubmed publisher..As a result, ubiquitylation by CUL3-KLHL12 is essential for collagen export, yet less important for the transport of small cargo. We conclude that monoubiquitylation controls the size and function of a vesicle coat. ..
- Sato E, Zhang L, Dorschner R, Adase C, Choudhury B, Gallo R. Activation of Parathyroid Hormone 2 Receptor Induces Decorin Expression and Promotes Wound Repair. J Invest Dermatol. 2017;137:1774-1783 pubmed publisher..Thus, the TIP39-PTH2R system appears to be a previously unrecognized mechanism for regulation of extracellular matrix formation and wound repair. ..
- Schuurs Hoeijmakers J, Landsverk M, Foulds N, Kukolich M, Gavrilova R, Greville Heygate S, et al. Clinical delineation of the PACS1-related syndrome--Report on 19 patients. Am J Med Genet A. 2016;170:670-5 pubmed publisher..There is persistence of oral motor dysfunction. We provide suggestions for clinical work-up and management and hope that the present study will facilitate clinical recognition of further cases. ..
- Lord C, Bhandari D, Menon S, Ghassemian M, Nycz D, HAY J, et al. Sequential interactions with Sec23 control the direction of vesicle traffic. Nature. 2011;473:181-6 pubmed publisher..These events are conserved in mammalian cells. ..
- Audhya A, McLeod I, Yates J, Oegema K. MVB-12, a fourth subunit of metazoan ESCRT-I, functions in receptor downregulation. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e956 pubmed..MVB-12 has two human homologs that co-localize and co-immunoprecipitate with the ESCRT-I component TSG101. Thus, MVB-12 is a conserved core component of metazoan ESCRT-I that regulates its activity during MVB biogenesis. ..
- Stagg S, Gurkan C, Fowler D, LaPointe P, Foss T, Potter C, et al. Structure of the Sec13/31 COPII coat cage. Nature. 2006;439:234-8 pubmed..Our data are consistent with a model for COPII coat complex assembly in which Sec23/24 has a non-structural role as a multivalent ligand localizing the self-assembly of Sec13/31 to form a cage lattice driving ER cargo export...
- Breidenbach M, Brunger A. 2.3 A crystal structure of tetanus neurotoxin light chain. Biochemistry. 2005;44:7450-7 pubmed
- Burguete A, Harbury P, Pfeffer S. In vitro selection and prediction of TIP47 protein-interaction interfaces. Nat Methods. 2004;1:55-60 pubmed..These methods were validated in comparison with the protein's crystal structure, and provide a powerful means to predict protein-protein interaction interfaces...
- Parrish W, Stefan C, Emr S. Essential role for the myotubularin-related phosphatase Ymr1p and the synaptojanin-like phosphatases Sjl2p and Sjl3p in regulation of phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:3567-79 pubmed..In addition, this work defined an essential overlapping role for lipid phosphatases in the regulation of 3' phosphoinositides in yeast. ..
- Scales S, Chen Y, Yoo B, Patel S, Doung Y, Scheller R. SNAREs contribute to the specificity of membrane fusion. Neuron. 2000;26:457-64 pubmed..The data suggest that SNARE pairing does underlie vesicle trafficking fidelity, and that specific SNARE interactions with other proteins may facilitate the correct pairing. ..
- Hsu S, Hazuka C, Roth R, Foletti D, Heuser J, Scheller R. Subunit composition, protein interactions, and structures of the mammalian brain sec6/8 complex and septin filaments. Neuron. 1998;20:1111-22 pubmed..The sec6/8 and septin complexes likely play an important role in trafficking vesicles and organizing proteins at the plasma membrane of neurons. ..
- Peden A, Park G, Scheller R. The Di-leucine motif of vesicle-associated membrane protein 4 is required for its localization and AP-1 binding. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:49183-7 pubmed..Mutation of the di-leucine motif inhibits AP-1 binding in vitro and affects the steady state distribution of VAMP4 in vivo...
- Advani R, Bae H, Bock J, Chao D, Doung Y, Prekeris R, et al. Seven novel mammalian SNARE proteins localize to distinct membrane compartments. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:10317-24 pubmed..Our studies support the hypothesis that evolutionary radiation of these two gene families gave rise to sets of proteins whose differential expression and combinatorial associations define and organize the membrane compartments of cells. ..
- Scales S, Hesser B, Masuda E, Scheller R. Amisyn, a novel syntaxin-binding protein that may regulate SNARE complex assembly. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:28271-9 pubmed
- Patel S, Indig F, Olivieri N, Levine N, Latterich M. Organelle membrane fusion: a novel function for the syntaxin homolog Ufe1p in ER membrane fusion. Cell. 1998;92:611-20 pubmed
- Prekeris R, Yang B, Oorschot V, Klumperman J, Scheller R. Differential roles of syntaxin 7 and syntaxin 8 in endosomal trafficking. Mol Biol Cell. 1999;10:3891-908 pubmed..In contrast, syntaxin 8 is likely to function in clathrin-independent vesicular transport and membrane fusion events necessary for protein transport from EEs to LEs. ..
- Barbero P, Buell E, Zulley S, Pfeffer S. TIP47 is not a component of lipid droplets. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:24348-51 pubmed..Using antibodies specific for residues 152-434 of TIP47, we show that TIP47 is not a constituent of lipid droplets. ..
- Aridor M, Fish K, Bannykh S, Weissman J, Roberts T, Lippincott Schwartz J, et al. The Sar1 GTPase coordinates biosynthetic cargo selection with endoplasmic reticulum export site assembly. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:213-29 pubmed..Our results demonstrate an unanticipated and novel role for Sar1 in linking cargo selection with ER morphogenesis through the generation of transitional tubular ER export sites...
- Russell R, Tian Y, Yuan H, Park H, Chang Y, Kim J, et al. ULK1 induces autophagy by phosphorylating Beclin-1 and activating VPS34 lipid kinase. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:741-50 pubmed publisher..Our study reveals a molecular link from ULK1 to activation of the autophagy-specific VPS34 complex and autophagy induction. ..
- Misura K, Scheller R, Weis W. Self-association of the H3 region of syntaxin 1A. Implications for intermediates in SNARE complex assembly. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:13273-82 pubmed..These results indicate that Phe-216 has a role in preventing formation of stable parallel helical bundles, thus favoring the interaction of the H3 region of syntaxin 1a with other proteins involved in membrane fusion. ..
- Chen S, Novick P, Ferro Novick S. ER network formation requires a balance of the dynamin-like GTPase Sey1p and the Lunapark family member Lnp1p. Nat Cell Biol. 2012;14:707-16 pubmed publisher..In support of this proposal, we show that the collapsed, densely reticulated ER network in lnp1 ? cells is partially restored when the GTPase activity of Sey1p is abrogated. ..
- Wurmser A, Sato T, Emr S. New component of the vacuolar class C-Vps complex couples nucleotide exchange on the Ypt7 GTPase to SNARE-dependent docking and fusion. J Cell Biol. 2000;151:551-62 pubmed..Thus, the class C-Vps complex directs multiple reactions during the docking and fusion of vesicles with the vacuole, each of which contributes to the overall specificity and efficiency of this transport process. ..
- Sann S, Crane M, Lu H, Jin Y. Rabx-5 regulates RAB-5 early endosomal compartments and synaptic vesicles in C. elegans. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37930 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that rabx-5 regulation of RAB-5 compartments is important for maintaining proper synaptic function throughout the lifetime...
- Misura K, Gonzalez L, May A, Scheller R, Weis W. Crystal structure and biophysical properties of a complex between the N-terminal SNARE region of SNAP25 and syntaxin 1a. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:41301-9 pubmed..We also demonstrate that the syn1aH3-S25N complex can be disassembled by alpha-SNAP and N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor. ..
- Misura K, Scheller R, Weis W. Three-dimensional structure of the neuronal-Sec1-syntaxin 1a complex. Nature. 2000;404:355-62 pubmed..The structure also indicates mechanisms that might couple the action of upstream effector proteins to conformational changes in syntaxin 1a and nSec1 that lead to core complex formation and membrane fusion. ..
- Nassirpour R, Slesinger P. Subunit-specific regulation of Kir3 channels by sorting nexin 27. Channels (Austin). 2007;1:331-3 pubmed..This type of subunit-specific regulation could be important for determining the extent of Kir3 inhibition in normal as well as diseased states, such as drug addiction. ..
- Seaman M, McCaffery J, Emr S. A membrane coat complex essential for endosome-to-Golgi retrograde transport in yeast. J Cell Biol. 1998;142:665-81 pubmed..Conservation of the yeast retromer complex components in higher eukaryotes suggests an important general role for this complex in endosome-to-Golgi retrieval. ..
- Saito K, Williams S, Bulankina A, Honing S, Mustelin T. Association of protein-tyrosine phosphatase MEG2 via its Sec14p homology domain with vesicle-trafficking proteins. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:15170-8 pubmed..We conclude that the N terminus of PTPMEG2 is necessary for the targeting of this phosphatase to the secretory vesicle compartment by association with other proteins involved in intracellular transport. ..
- Bowen M, Weninger K, Ernst J, Chu S, Brunger A. Single-molecule studies of synaptotagmin and complexin binding to the SNARE complex. Biophys J. 2005;89:690-702 pubmed..These results demonstrate that single molecule FRET can be used as a "spectroscopic ruler" to simultaneously gain structural and kinetic information about transient multiprotein complexes at the membrane interface. ..
- Bock J, Lin R, Scheller R. A new syntaxin family member implicated in targeting of intracellular transport vesicles. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:17961-5 pubmed..The sequence homology, topology, localization, and alpha-SNAP binding suggest that syntaxin 6 is involved in intracellular vesicle trafficking. ..
- Sato T, Darsow T, Emr S. Vam7p, a SNAP-25-like molecule, and Vam3p, a syntaxin homolog, function together in yeast vacuolar protein trafficking. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:5308-19 pubmed
- Hay J, Hirling H, Scheller R. Mammalian vesicle trafficking proteins of the endoplasmic reticulum and Golgi apparatus. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:5671-9 pubmed..The distinct localizations of rsec22 and rbet1 may reflect their participation in opposite directions of membrane flow between the endoplasmic reticulum and Golgi apparatus. ..
- Cheeseman I, Desai A. Cell division: AAAtacking the mitotic spindle. Curr Biol. 2004;14:R70-2 pubmed..But how is this spindle broken down once chromosome segregation is complete? New evidence implicates a highly conserved AAA-ATPase in spindle disassembly at the end of mitosis. ..