Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on transgenes in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Publications152 found, 100 shown here
- Tycko B. DNA methylation in genomic imprinting. Mutat Res. 1997;386:131-40 pubmed
- Zhang Z, Pak J, Huang H, Shapiro E, Sun T, Pellicer A, et al. Role of Ha-ras activation in superficial papillary pathway of urothelial tumor formation. Oncogene. 2001;20:1973-80 pubmed
- Tsao T, Stenbit A, Factor S, Chen W, Rossetti L, Charron M. Prevention of insulin resistance and diabetes in mice heterozygous for GLUT4 ablation by transgenic complementation of GLUT4 in skeletal muscle. Diabetes. 1999;48:775-82 pubmed..Based on these results, we propose that the onset of a diabetic phenotype in GLUT4+/- mice can be avoided by preventing decreases in muscle GLUT4 expression and glucose uptake. ..
- Zhu X, Cheng J, Gao J, Lepor H, Zhang Z, Pak J, et al. Isolation of mouse THP gene promoter and demonstration of its kidney-specific activity in transgenic mice. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2002;282:F608-17 pubmed
- Hwang K, Worman H. Gene regulation by human orthologs of Drosophila heterochromatin protein 1. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2002;293:1217-22 pubmed..These results show that different human HP1 family proteins can potentially repress or activate the same genes. ..
- Jechlinger M, Podsypanina K, Varmus H. Regulation of transgenes in three-dimensional cultures of primary mouse mammary cells demonstrates oncogene dependence and identifies cells that survive deinduction. Genes Dev. 2009;23:1677-88 pubmed publisher..Moreover, cells in the surviving spheres retain the ability to respond to reinduction and thus may represent the type of cells that give rise to recurrent tumors. ..
- Mayford M, Bach M, Huang Y, Wang L, Hawkins R, Kandel E. Control of memory formation through regulated expression of a CaMKII transgene. Science. 1996;274:1678-83 pubmed..Thus, the CaMKII signaling pathway is critical for both explicit and implicit memory storage, in a manner that is independent of its potential role in development. ..
- DeZazzo J, Xia S, Christensen J, Velinzon K, Tully T. Developmental expression of an amn(+) transgene rescues the mutant memory defect of amnesiac adults. J Neurosci. 1999;19:8740-6 pubmed..1998) failed to rescue the memory defect. These results, coupled with previous genetic and anatomical studies, suggest that adult memory formation and ethanol sensitivity have different temporal and spatial requirements for amn. ..
- Yohn C, Pusateri L, Barbosa V, Lehmann R. l(3)malignant brain tumor and three novel genes are required for Drosophila germ-cell formation. Genetics. 2003;165:1889-900 pubmed..Analysis of our mutants demonstrates that two unique and independent processes must occur to form germ cells-germ-plasm formation and nuclear division/migration. ..
- Okamoto H, Nakae J, Kitamura T, Park B, Dragatsis I, Accili D. Transgenic rescue of insulin receptor-deficient mice. J Clin Invest. 2004;114:214-23 pubmed..These data indicate, surprisingly, that insulin receptor signaling in noncanonical insulin target tissues is sufficient to maintain fuel homeostasis and prevent diabetes. ..
- Desprat R, Bouhassira E. Gene specificity of suppression of transgene-mediated insertional transcriptional activation by the chicken HS4 insulator. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e5956 pubmed publisher..Identification of insulators with minimal promoter specificity would also be of great value. ..
- Takaishi S, Shibata W, Tomita H, Jin G, Yang X, Ericksen R, et al. In vivo analysis of mouse gastrin gene regulation in enhanced GFP-BAC transgenic mice. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2011;300:G334-44 pubmed publisher..This transgenic mouse provides a useful tool to study the regulation of mouse gastrin gene in vivo, thus contributing to our understanding of the mechanisms involved in transcriptional control of the gastrin gene. ..
- Christ G, Day N, Day M, Santizo C, Zhao W, Sclafani T, et al. Bladder injection of "naked" hSlo/pcDNA3 ameliorates detrusor hyperactivity in obstructed rats in vivo. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2001;281:R1699-709 pubmed..These initial observations indicate a potential utility of gene therapy for urinary incontinence...
- Brownell I, Guevara E, Bai C, Loomis C, Joyner A. Nerve-derived sonic hedgehog defines a niche for hair follicle stem cells capable of becoming epidermal stem cells. Cell Stem Cell. 2011;8:552-65 pubmed publisher..Thus, nerves cultivate a microenvironment where Shh creates a molecularly and phenotypically distinct population of hair follicle stem cells. ..
- Wang W, Lo P, Frasch M, Lufkin T. Hmx: an evolutionary conserved homeobox gene family expressed in the developing nervous system in mice and Drosophila. Mech Dev. 2000;99:123-37 pubmed
- Mostecki J, Showalter B, Rothman P. Early growth response-1 regulates lipopolysaccharide-induced suppressor of cytokine signaling-1 transcription. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:2596-605 pubmed..These results demonstrate an important role for Egr-1 in regulating both the basal and LPS-induced activity of the SOCS-1 promoter. ..
- Williams S, Xia L, Cummings R, McEver R, Stanley P. Fertilization in mouse does not require terminal galactose or N-acetylglucosamine on the zona pellucida glycans. J Cell Sci. 2007;120:1341-9 pubmed..The combined data show that mouse ZP3 does not require terminal Gal or GlcNAc on either N- or O-glycans for fertilization. ..
- Casali A, Struhl G. Reading the Hedgehog morphogen gradient by measuring the ratio of bound to unbound Patched protein. Nature. 2004;431:76-80 pubmed..These results support a model in which the ratio of bound to unbound Ptc molecules determines the cellular response to Hh. ..
- Wang Y, Herron A, Worman H. Pathology and nuclear abnormalities in hearts of transgenic mice expressing M371K lamin A encoded by an LMNA mutation causing Emery-Dreifuss muscular dystrophy. Hum Mol Genet. 2006;15:2479-89 pubmed..These results demonstrate that expression of a lamin A mutant that induces alterations in nuclear morphology can cause tissue and organ damage in mice with a normal complement of wild-type lamins. ..
- Tian K, Jurukovski V, Wang X, Kaplan M, Xu H. Epigenetic regulation of WTH3 in primary and cultured drug-resistant breast cancer cells. Cancer Res. 2005;65:10024-31 pubmed..Therefore, our studies suggested that the behavior of WTH3 in primary drug-resistant breast cancer epithelial cells was similar to that in a model system where epigenetic regulation of the WTH3 gene was linked to the MDR phenotype. ..
- Germano I, Emdad L, Qadeer Z, Binello E, Uzzaman M. Embryonic stem cell (ESC)-mediated transgene delivery induces growth suppression, apoptosis and radiosensitization, and overcomes temozolomide resistance in malignant gliomas. Cancer Gene Ther. 2010;17:664-74 pubmed publisher..Our results corroborate the theory that combined treatments exploiting different signaling pathways are needed to succeed in the treatment of malignant gliomas. ..
- Struhl G, Adachi A. Requirements for presenilin-dependent cleavage of notch and other transmembrane proteins. Mol Cell. 2000;6:625-36 pubmed..Hence, Notch, beta-APP, and perhaps other proteins may be targeted for Presenilin-mediated transmembrane cleavage by upstream processing events that sever the extracellular domain from the rest of the protein. ..
- Hornyak T, Hayes D, Chiu L, Ziff E. Transcription factors in melanocyte development: distinct roles for Pax-3 and Mitf. Mech Dev. 2001;101:47-59 pubmed
- Nelson M, Fitch D. Overlap extension PCR: an efficient method for transgene construction. Methods Mol Biol. 2011;772:459-70 pubmed publisher..Finally, overlap extension-PCR can be used as a means for site-directed mutagenesis, introducing desired mutations to the final hybrid gene. ..
- Totong R, Schell T, Lescroart F, Ryckebusch L, Lin Y, Zygmunt T, et al. The novel transmembrane protein Tmem2 is essential for coordination of myocardial and endocardial morphogenesis. Development. 2011;138:4199-205 pubmed publisher..Together, our data reveal that Tmem2 is an essential mediator of myocardium-endocardium coordination during cardiac morphogenesis. ..
- Trijatmiko K, DueÃ±as C, Tsakirpaloglou N, Torrizo L, Arines F, Adeva C, et al. Biofortified indica rice attains iron and zinc nutrition dietary targets in the field. Sci Rep. 2016;6:19792 pubmed publisher..The Caco-2 cell assay indicated that Fe is bioavailable. No harmful heavy metals were detected in the grain. The trait remained stable in different genotype backgrounds. ..
- Kuzin B, Roberts I, Peunova N, Enikolopov G. Nitric oxide regulates cell proliferation during Drosophila development. Cell. 1996;87:639-49 pubmed..These results argue that NO acts as an antiproliferative agent during Drosophila development, controlling the balance between cell proliferation and cell differentiation. ..
- Bertuccioli C, Fasano L, Jun S, Wang S, Sheng G, Desplan C. In vivo requirement for the paired domain and homeodomain of the paired segmentation gene product. Development. 1996;122:2673-85 pubmed
- Szabo P, Shen S, Telford W, Weksler M. Impaired rearrangement of IgH V to DJ segments in bone marrow Pro-B cells from old mice. Cell Immunol. 2003;222:78-87 pubmed..These data are consistent with the view that impaired V to DJ rearrangement contributes to the decreased levels of bone marrow Pre-B cells as well as the decreased levels of transitional B cells in the periphery. ..
- He W, Danilova V, Zou S, Hellekant G, Max M, Margolskee R, et al. Partial rescue of taste responses of alpha-gustducin null mice by transgenic expression of alpha-transducin. Chem Senses. 2002;27:719-27 pubmed..Our results also suggest that alpha-transducin and alpha-gustducin may differ, at least in part, in their function in these cells, although this conclusion must be qualified because of the limited fidelity of the transgene expression. ..
- Seidman M, Hogan S, Wendland R, Worgall S, Crystal R, Leopold P. Variation in adenovirus receptor expression and adenovirus vector-mediated transgene expression at defined stages of the cell cycle. Mol Ther. 2001;4:13-21 pubmed..These observations have relevance to understanding the mechanisms of gene transfer by Ad vectors and should help in the design of in vivo gene transfer strategies. ..
- Hare P, Chua N. Excision of selectable marker genes from transgenic plants. Nat Biotechnol. 2002;20:575-80 pubmed..The implementation of these strategies in crops and their further improvement will help to expedite widespread public acceptance of agricultural biotechnology ..
- Chang S, Johnston R, Frøkjaer Jensen C, Lockery S, Hobert O. MicroRNAs act sequentially and asymmetrically to control chemosensory laterality in the nematode. Nature. 2004;430:785-9 pubmed..Thus, an inverse distribution of two sequentially acting miRNAs in two bilaterally symmetric neurons controls laterality of the nematode chemosensory system. ..
- Stern M, Aihara H, Cho K, Kim G, Horiguchi G, Roccaro G, et al. Structurally related Arabidopsis ANGUSTIFOLIA is functionally distinct from the transcriptional corepressor CtBP. Dev Genes Evol. 2007;217:759-69 pubmed..We therefore propose to categorize AN as a subfamily member within the CtBP/BARS/RIBEYE/AN superfamily. ..
- Fernandez C, Gudas L. The truncated Hoxa1 protein interacts with Hoxa1 and Pbx1 in stem cells. J Cell Biochem. 2009;106:427-43 pubmed publisher..However, the F9-399 line exhibits no differences in RA-induced proliferation arrest or endogenous Hoxb1, Pbx1, Hoxa5, Cyp26a1, GATA4, or Meis mRNA levels when compared to F9 wild-type. ..
- Wang G, Qiu J, Wang R, Krause A, Boyer J, Hackett N, et al. Persistent expression of biologically active anti-HER2 antibody by AAVrh.10-mediated gene transfer. Cancer Gene Ther. 2010;17:559-70 pubmed publisher..In the context that trastuzumab therapy requires frequent and repeated administration, this strategy might be developed as an alternate platform for delivery of anti-HER2 therapy. ..
- Lesch B, Bargmann C. The homeodomain protein hmbx-1 maintains asymmetric gene expression in adult C. elegans olfactory neurons. Genes Dev. 2010;24:1802-15 pubmed publisher..elegans dauer pheromone. ..
- Rosa A, Papaioannou M, Krzyspiak J, Brivanlou A. miR-373 is regulated by TGFβ signaling and promotes mesendoderm differentiation in human Embryonic Stem Cells. Dev Biol. 2014;391:81-8 pubmed publisher..Among miR-373 predicted targets, involved in TGFβ signaling, we validated the Nodal inhibitor Lefty. Our work suggests a crucial role for the interplay between miRNAs and signaling pathways in ESCs. ..
- Dietrich P, Dragatsis I, Xuan S, Zeitlin S, Efstratiadis A. Conditional mutagenesis in mice with heat shock promoter-driven cre transgenes. Mamm Genome. 2000;11:196-205 pubmed..By bypassing the lethality resulting from some gene knockouts, mosaic embryos and mice make particular mutational analyses possible and are also very useful for the identification of cell lineage-specific gene functions. ..
- Huang D, Chen S, Gudas L. Analysis of two distinct retinoic acid response elements in the homeobox gene Hoxb1 in transgenic mice. Dev Dyn. 2002;223:353-70 pubmed
- Ibanez Tallon I, Gorokhova S, Heintz N. Loss of function of axonemal dynein Mdnah5 causes primary ciliary dyskinesia and hydrocephalus. Hum Mol Genet. 2002;11:715-21 pubmed..Comparison of the mouse model and the human data suggests that the degree of ciliary dysfunction is causally related to the severity of human PCD, particularly the presence of hydrocephalus. ..
- Politi K, Szabolcs M, Fisher P, Kljuic A, Ludwig T, Efstratiadis A. A mouse model of uterine leiomyosarcoma. Am J Pathol. 2004;164:325-36 pubmed..To begin exploring aberrant signaling events in the SVER-triggered tumorigenic pathways, we analyzed the expression profile of leiomyosarcomas by DNA microarray analysis. ..
- Vargas J, Gusella G, Najfeld V, Klotman M, Cara A. Novel integrase-defective lentiviral episomal vectors for gene transfer. Hum Gene Ther. 2004;15:361-72 pubmed..Lentiviral episomal vectors may serve as specific tools for therapeutic approaches to diseases, particularly those associated with episomal replication of DNA viruses including papillomaviruses, polyomaviruses, and herpesviruses. ..
- Sharif K, Baker H, Gudas L. Differential regulation of laminin b1 transgene expression in the neonatal and adult mouse brain. Neuroscience. 2004;126:967-78 pubmed..9LAMB1betagal transgene, analyzed with an antibody against the beta-galactosidase protein. The 3.9LAMB1betagal transgene expression in the hippocampal tri-synaptic circuit suggests a role for the LAMB1 gene in learning and memory. ..
- Walz A, Omura M, Mombaerts P. Development and topography of the lateral olfactory tract in the mouse: imaging by genetically encoded and injected fluorescent markers. J Neurobiol. 2006;66:835-46 pubmed..The NT-GFP mouse strain should prove useful in further studies of development and topography of the LOT, from E11.5 until 2 weeks after birth. ..
- Greenwood S, Struhl G. Different levels of Ras activity can specify distinct transcriptional and morphological consequences in early Drosophila embryos. Development. 1997;124:4879-86 pubmed
- Maurel Zaffran C, Suzuki T, Gahmon G, Treisman J, Dickson B. Cell-autonomous and -nonautonomous functions of LAR in R7 photoreceptor axon targeting. Neuron. 2001;32:225-35 pubmed..These data suggest that LAR can act both as a receptor in R7, and as a ligand provided by R8. Genetic interactions implicate both Enabled and Trio in LAR signal transduction. ..
- Wu J, Klein T, Mlodzik M. Subcellular localization of frizzled receptors, mediated by their cytoplasmic tails, regulates signaling pathway specificity. PLoS Biol. 2004;2:E158 pubmed..Based on these data, we propose that subcellular Fz localization, through the association with other membrane proteins, is a critical aspect in regulating the signaling specificity within the Wnt/Fz signaling pathways. ..
- Gomos Klein J, Harrow F, Alarcón J, Ortiz B. CTCF-independent, but not CTCF-dependent, elements significantly contribute to TCR-alpha locus control region activity. J Immunol. 2007;179:1088-95 pubmed..These elements may help manage the separate regulatory programs of the TCRalpha and Dad1 genes. ..
- Plump A, Masucci Magoulas L, Bruce C, Bisgaier C, Breslow J, Tall A. Increased atherosclerosis in ApoE and LDL receptor gene knock-out mice as a result of human cholesteryl ester transfer protein transgene expression. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 1999;19:1105-10 pubmed..However, apoA1 overexpression has more dramatic protective effects on atherosclerosis in apoE0 mice, which are not significantly reversed by concomitant expression of CETP. ..
- Xiang Z, Ho L, Valdellon J, Borchelt D, Kelley K, Spielman L, et al. Cyclooxygenase (COX)-2 and cell cycle activity in a transgenic mouse model of Alzheimer's disease neuropathology. Neurobiol Aging. 2002;23:327-34 pubmed
- Sano H, Renault A, Lehmann R. Control of lateral migration and germ cell elimination by the Drosophila melanogaster lipid phosphate phosphatases Wunen and Wunen 2. J Cell Biol. 2005;171:675-83 pubmed..Our results suggest that expression of wun/wun-2 repellents along the migratory paths provides faithful control over the sorting of PGCs into two gonads and eliminates PGCs left in the middle of the embryo. ..
- Srinivas M, Ng L, Liu H, Jia L, Forrest D. Activation of the blue opsin gene in cone photoreceptor development by retinoid-related orphan receptor beta. Mol Endocrinol. 2006;20:1728-41 pubmed..The results identify Opn1sw as a target gene for RORbeta and suggest a key role for RORbeta in regulating opsin expression in the color visual system. ..
- Kelly K, Woo Y, Brader P, Yu Z, Riedl C, Lin S, et al. Novel oncolytic agent GLV-1h68 is effective against malignant pleural mesothelioma. Hum Gene Ther. 2008;19:774-82 pubmed publisher..GLV-1h68 was successfully used to treat MPM in vitro and in an orthotopic model (in vivo). These promising results warrant clinical investigation of GLV-1h68 as a novel agent in the treatment of MPM. ..
- Yao Y, Slosberg E, Wang L, Hibshoosh H, Zhang Y, Xing W, et al. Increased susceptibility to carcinogen-induced mammary tumors in MMTV-Cdc25B transgenic mice. Oncogene. 1999;18:5159-66 pubmed
- De Luca C, Kowalski T, Zhang Y, Elmquist J, Lee C, Kilimann M, et al. Complete rescue of obesity, diabetes, and infertility in db/db mice by neuron-specific LEPR-B transgenes. J Clin Invest. 2005;115:3484-93 pubmed..In summary, we show that brain-specific leptin signaling is sufficient to reverse the obesity, diabetes, and infertility of db/db mice. ..
- Yu Z, Adusumilli P, Eisenberg D, Darr E, Ghossein R, Li S, et al. Nectin-1 expression by squamous cell carcinoma is a predictor of herpes oncolytic sensitivity. Mol Ther. 2007;15:103-13 pubmed..These results suggest that nectin-1 may be used as a marker to predict the sensitivity of a tumor to herpes oncolytic therapy. ..
- Lu H, Kozhina E, Mahadevaraju S, Yang D, Avila F, Erickson J. Maternal Groucho and bHLH repressors amplify the dose-sensitive X chromosome signal in Drosophila sex determination. Dev Biol. 2008;323:248-60 pubmed publisher..We present a model in which the XSE signal is amplified by a feedback mechanism that interferes with Gro-mediated repression in XX, but not XY embryos. ..
- Baker R, Kent C, Silbermann R, Hassell J, Young L, Howe L. Pea3 transcription factors and wnt1-induced mouse mammary neoplasia. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e8854 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, this study provides evidence for a protumorigenic role of PEA3 factors in breast neoplasia, and supports targeting the PEA3 transcription factor family in breast cancer. ..
- Viotti M, Nowotschin S, Hadjantonakis A. Afp::mCherry, a red fluorescent transgenic reporter of the mouse visceral endoderm. Genesis. 2011;49:124-33 pubmed publisher..The Afp::mCherry reporter was also noted to be expressed in other documented sites of Afp expression including hepatocytes as well as in pancreas, digestive tract, and brain of postnatal mice...
- Lewis P, Müller M, Koletsky M, Cordero F, Lin S, Banaszynski L, et al. Inhibition of PRC2 activity by a gain-of-function H3 mutation found in pediatric glioblastoma. Science. 2013;340:857-61 pubmed publisher..We propose that K-to-M substitutions may represent a mechanism to alter epigenetic states in a variety of pathologies. ..
- Peng Y, Falck Pedersen E, Elkon K. Variation in adenovirus transgene expression between BALB/c and C57BL/6 mice is associated with differences in interleukin-12 and gamma interferon production and NK cell activation. J Virol. 2001;75:4540-50 pubmed
- Kimyai Asadi A, Kotcher L, Jih M. The molecular basis of hereditary palmoplantar keratodermas. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2002;47:327-43; quiz 344-6 pubmed..The clinical phenotypes produced by various mutations affecting these proteins are discussed vis-à-vis data from genetic, cellular, and molecular experiments. ..
- Taniuchi I, Sunshine M, Festenstein R, Littman D. Evidence for distinct CD4 silencer functions at different stages of thymocyte differentiation. Mol Cell. 2002;10:1083-96 pubmed
- Piazza F, Costoya J, Merghoub T, Hobbs R, Pandolfi P. Disruption of PLZP in mice leads to increased T-lymphocyte proliferation, cytokine production, and altered hematopoietic stem cell homeostasis. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:10456-69 pubmed..On the basis of our data, a deregulation of PLZP function in Fanconi's anemia and APL may affect the biology of the hematopoietic stem cell, in turn contributing to the pathogenesis of these disorders. ..
- Kikuchi E, Menendez S, Ozu C, Ohori M, Cordon Cardo C, Logg C, et al. Highly efficient gene delivery for bladder cancers by intravesically administered replication-competent retroviral vectors. Clin Cancer Res. 2007;13:4511-8 pubmed..RCR-CD/5-FC suicide gene therapy promises to be a novel and potentially therapeutic modality for bladder cancer. ..
- Papapetrou E, Lee G, Malani N, Setty M, Riviere I, Tirunagari L, et al. Genomic safe harbors permit high ?-globin transgene expression in thalassemia induced pluripotent stem cells. Nat Biotechnol. 2011;29:73-8 pubmed publisher..This approach, combining bioinformatics and functional analyses, should be broadly applicable to introducing therapeutic or suicide genes into patient-specific iPS cells for use in cell therapy. ..
- Xia S, Miyashita T, Fu T, Lin W, Wu C, Pyzocha L, et al. NMDA receptors mediate olfactory learning and memory in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2005;15:603-15 pubmed
- Fishilevich E, Domingos A, Asahina K, Naef F, Vosshall L, Louis M. Chemotaxis behavior mediated by single larval olfactory neurons in Drosophila. Curr Biol. 2005;15:2086-96 pubmed..This study is the first behavioral demonstration that formation of olfactory percepts involves the combinatorial integration of information transmitted by multiple ORs. ..
- Gong S, Kus L, Heintz N. Rapid bacterial artificial chromosome modification for large-scale mouse transgenesis. Nat Protoc. 2010;5:1678-96 pubmed publisher..CNS anatomical expression maps of the mice are available to the public at http://www.gensat.org/. ..
- Gong S, Zheng C, Doughty M, Losos K, Didkovsky N, Schambra U, et al. A gene expression atlas of the central nervous system based on bacterial artificial chromosomes. Nature. 2003;425:917-25 pubmed..The atlas, library of BAC vectors and BAC transgenic mice generated in this screen provide a rich resource that allows a broad array of investigations not previously available to the neuroscience community. ..
- Soccio R, Adams R, Maxwell K, Breslow J. Differential gene regulation of StarD4 and StarD5 cholesterol transfer proteins. Activation of StarD4 by sterol regulatory element-binding protein-2 and StarD5 by endoplasmic reticulum stress. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:19410-8 pubmed..Because StarD4 is regulated by sterols via SREBP-2, whereas StarD5 is activated by ER stress, they likely serve distinct functions in cholesterol metabolism. ..
- Hiremath M, Lydon J, Cowin P. The pattern of beta-catenin responsiveness within the mammary gland is regulated by progesterone receptor. Development. 2007;134:3703-12 pubmed..Once activated by beta-catenin, responding cells switch on an alveolar differentiation program that is indistinguishable from that observed in pregnancy and is curtailed by PR signaling. ..
- Kaner R, Santiago F, Rahaghi F, Michaels E, Moore J, Crystal R. Adenovirus vectors block human immunodeficiency virus-1 replication in human alveolar macrophages by inhibition of the long terminal repeat. Am J Respir Cell Mol Biol. 2010;43:234-42 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that Ad vectors are inhibitory to HIV-1 replication in human AMs based, in part, on their ability to inhibit LTR-driven transcription...
- Harel S, Tu E, Weisberg S, Esquilin M, Chambers S, Liu B, et al. ZFX controls the self-renewal of human embryonic stem cells. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e42302 pubmed publisher..Thus, ZFX acts as a molecular rheostat regulating the balance between self-renewal and differentiation in hESCs, revealing the close evolutionary conservation of the self-renewal mechanisms in murine and human ESCs. ..
- Greer C, Lee M, Westerhof M, Milholland B, Spokony R, Vijg J, et al. Myc-dependent genome instability and lifespan in Drosophila. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e74641 pubmed publisher..Our data provide the first evidence that Myc may act as a pro-aging factor, possibly through its ability to greatly increase genome instability. ..
- Tsang S, Burns M, Calvert P, Gouras P, Baylor D, Goff S, et al. Role for the target enzyme in deactivation of photoreceptor G protein in vivo. Science. 1998;282:117-21 pubmed..These results indicate that the normal deactivation of transducin in vivo requires the G protein to interact with its target enzyme. ..
- Hutter R, Sauter B, Reis E, Roque M, Vorchheimer D, Carrick F, et al. Decreased reendothelialization and increased neointima formation with endostatin overexpression in a mouse model of arterial injury. Circulation. 2003;107:1658-63 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that high serum levels of endostatin are capable of inhibiting endothelial regeneration and promoting arterial lesion growth in conditions of endothelial injury. ..
- Salas M, Eckhardt L. Critical role for the Oct-2/OCA-B partnership in Ig-secreting cells. J Immunol. 2003;171:6589-98 pubmed..Our results show that OCA-B and Oct-2 are regulatory partners in this process and that PU.1 plays a subordinate role at this cell stage. ..