Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on time factors in Massachusetts, United States
Locale: Massachusetts, United States
Topic: time factors
Publications107 found, 100 shown here
- Srinivasan V, Jiang J, Yaseen M, Radhakrishnan H, Wu W, Barry S, et al. Rapid volumetric angiography of cortical microvasculature with optical coherence tomography. Opt Lett. 2010;35:43-5 pubmed publisher..By imaging during hypercapnia and comparing with simultaneous CCD imaging, the sources of contrast of OCT angiography are investigated. ..
- McManus J, Francois R, Gherardi J, Keigwin L, Brown Leger S. Collapse and rapid resumption of Atlantic meridional circulation linked to deglacial climate changes. Nature. 2004;428:834-7 pubmed..These results confirm the significance of variations in the rate of the Atlantic meridional overturning circulation for abrupt climate changes. ..
- Selb J, Joseph D, Boas D. Time-gated optical system for depth-resolved functional brain imaging. J Biomed Opt. 2006;11:044008 pubmed..The imaging probe was tested on dynamic phantoms and a preliminary result on an adult performing a motor task shows discrimination between superficial and cortical responses to the stimulus on both hemispheres. ..
- Meyer Luehmann M, Spires Jones T, Prada C, Garcia Alloza M, de Calignon A, Rozkalne A, et al. Rapid appearance and local toxicity of amyloid-beta plaques in a mouse model of Alzheimer's disease. Nature. 2008;451:720-4 pubmed publisher..Progressive neuritic changes ensue, leading to increasingly dysmorphic neurites over the next days to weeks. These data establish plaques as a critical mediator of neuritic pathology. ..
- Wiener R, Schwartz L, Woloshin S. Time trends in pulmonary embolism in the United States: evidence of overdiagnosis. Arch Intern Med. 2011;171:831-7 pubmed publisher..Better technology allows us to diagnose more emboli, but to minimize harms of overdiagnosis we must learn which ones matter. ..
- Sinner M, Wang N, Fox C, Fontes J, Rienstra M, Magnani J, et al. Relation of circulating liver transaminase concentrations to risk of new-onset atrial fibrillation. Am J Cardiol. 2013;111:219-24 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, elevated transaminase concentrations are associated with increased AF incidence. The mechanisms by which higher mean transaminase concentrations are associated with incident AF remain to be determined. ..
- Michos A, Gryllos I, Hakansson A, Srivastava A, Kokkotou E, Wessels M. Enhancement of streptolysin O activity and intrinsic cytotoxic effects of the group A streptococcal toxin, NAD-glycohydrolase. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:8216-23 pubmed..Together, the results have provided mechanistic insight into the cytotoxic effects of a unique bipartite bacterial toxin. ..
- Hudson N, Ding F, Bucay I, O Brien E, Gorkun O, Superfine R, et al. Submillisecond elastic recoil reveals molecular origins of fibrin fiber mechanics. Biophys J. 2013;104:2671-80 pubmed publisher..Our results point to the unstructured ?C regions of the otherwise structured fibrin molecule as being responsible for the elastic recoil of the fibers. ..
- Tesco G, Kim T, Diehlmann A, Beyreuther K, Tanzi R. Abrogation of the presenilin 1/beta-catenin interaction and preservation of the heterodimeric presenilin 1 complex following caspase activation. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:33909-14 pubmed..CTF complex stability was not altered by caspase cleavage, its ability to bind beta-catenin was abolished. Thus, while the PS1-NTF.CTF complex is preserved after caspase cleavage, it may no longer be fully functional. ..
- Fischer D, He Z, Benowitz L. Counteracting the Nogo receptor enhances optic nerve regeneration if retinal ganglion cells are in an active growth state. J Neurosci. 2004;24:1646-51 pubmed..We conclude that gene therapy is an effective approach to enhancing axon regeneration in the CNS and that inactivation of NgR functioning greatly enhances axon regeneration provided the intrinsic growth program of neurons is activated. ..
- Altman R, Fredericson M, Bhattacharyya S, Bisson B, Abbott T, Yadalam S, et al. Association between Hyaluronic Acid Injections and Time-to-Total Knee Replacement Surgery. J Knee Surg. 2016;29:564-570 pubmed..Those receiving HA injections had a median 1.6-year longer Time-to-TKR surgery versus those who did not receive HA injections. These results have both clinical and economic implications. ..
- Sheridan A, Sapirstein A, Lemieux N, Martin B, Kim D, Bonventre J. Nuclear translocation of cytosolic phospholipase A2 is induced by ATP depletion. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:29899-905 pubmed..Okadaic acid inhibits the ATP depletion-induced association of cPLA(2) with nuclear fractions. Thus energy deprivation results in [Ca(2+)]-induced nuclear translocation, which is partially prevented by a phosphatase inhibitor. ..
- Kinoshita A, Whelan C, Berezovska O, Hyman B. The gamma secretase-generated carboxyl-terminal domain of the amyloid precursor protein induces apoptosis via Tip60 in H4 cells. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:28530-6 pubmed..Thus, gamma secretase cleavage of APP may contribute to Alzheimer's disease-related neurodegeneration in two ways: release of amyloid-beta and liberation of a bioactive carboxyl-terminal domain from membrane-bound APP. ..
- Anderson J, Wells G, Verhoeven A, Felson D. Factors predicting response to treatment in rheumatoid arthritis: the importance of disease duration. Arthritis Rheum. 2000;43:22-9 pubmed..This has implications for trial interpretation and for the clinical expectations of RA patients. ..
- Noblett K, Siegel S, Mangel J, Griebling T, Sutherland S, Bird E, et al. Results of a prospective, multicenter study evaluating quality of life, safety, and efficacy of sacral neuromodulation at twelve months in subjects with symptoms of overactive bladder. Neurourol Urodyn. 2016;35:246-51 pubmed publisher..This multicenter study shows SNM is safe and effective and results in improved outcomes through 12 months in subjects with OAB symptoms, without requiring failure of all medications. ..
- Oh W, Hagmann E, Manola J, George D, Gilligan T, Jacobson J, et al. A phase I study of estramustine, weekly docetaxel, and carboplatin chemotherapy in patients with hormone-refractory prostate cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:284-9 pubmed..Myelosuppression is the primary toxicity. The recommended phase II dose of docetaxel is 43 mg/m2 combined with estramustine and carboplatin. PSA declines were seen at every dose level. ..
- Murray B, Kensinger E. The effects of emotion and encoding strategy on associative memory. Mem Cognit. 2012;40:1056-69 pubmed
- Gaziano T, Cho S, Sy S, Pandya A, Levitt N, Steyn K. Increasing Prescription Length Could Cut Cardiovascular Disease Burden And Produce Savings In South Africa. Health Aff (Millwood). 2015;34:1578-85 pubmed publisher..Increasing statin prescription length would both save resources and improve health outcomes in South Africa. ..
- Irizarry M, Deng A, Lleo A, Berezovska O, von Arnim C, Martin Rehrmann M, et al. Apolipoprotein E modulates gamma-secretase cleavage of the amyloid precursor protein. J Neurochem. 2004;90:1132-43 pubmed..The apoE modulation of Abeta production and APP signaling is a potential mechanism affecting Alzheimer disease risk. ..
- Manchanda N, Lyubimova A, Ho H, James M, Gusella J, Ramesh N, et al. The NF2 tumor suppressor Merlin and the ERM proteins interact with N-WASP and regulate its actin polymerization function. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:12517-22 pubmed..This novel function of merlin and the ERMs illustrates a mechanism by which these proteins directly exert their effects on actin reorganization and also provides new insight into N-WASP regulation. ..
- Nordstrom B, Friedman D, Mozaffari E, Quigley H, Walker A. Persistence and adherence with topical glaucoma therapy. Am J Ophthalmol. 2005;140:598-606 pubmed..05-1.18). Persistence and adherence were substantially better with prostaglandins than with other drug classes, and patients with diagnosed open-angle glaucoma were more likely to adhere to treatment than suspected glaucoma. ..
- Sorock G, Lombardi D, Hauser R, Eisen E, Herrick R, Mittleman M. A case-crossover study of occupational traumatic hand injury: methods and initial findings. Am J Ind Med. 2001;39:171-9 pubmed..The usual frequency analysis proved more useful than the match-pair approach to control period selection. ..
- Chervinsky P, Kunjibettu S, Miller D, Prenner B, Raphael G, Hall N, et al. Long-term safety and efficacy of intranasal ciclesonide in adult and adolescent patients with perennial allergic rhinitis. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2007;99:69-76 pubmed..001). In this study, intranasal ciclesonide, 200 microg once daily, was safe and effective for the long-term treatment of PAR, with no evidence of tachyphylaxis. ..
- Smiley T, Spelman L, Lukasik Braum M, Mukherjee J, Kaufman G, Akiyoshi D, et al. Noninvasive saliva collection techniques for free-ranging mountain gorillas and captive eastern gorillas. J Zoo Wildl Med. 2010;41:201-9 pubmed..Both methods can be used to recover gorilla DNA for genetic studies. Saliva collected from free-ranging and captive gorillas may prove to be a useful biologic sample for the development of new diagnostic tests and hormonal analysis. ..
- Ichikawa T, Chiocca E. Comparative analyses of transgene delivery and expression in tumors inoculated with a replication-conditional or -defective viral vector. Cancer Res. 2001;61:5336-9 pubmed
- Wang D, Perides G, Liu Y. Vaccination alone or in combination with pyridostigmine promotes and prolongs activation of stress-activated kinases induced by stress in the mouse brain. J Neurochem. 2005;93:1010-20 pubmed..Our current studies suggest that stress, vaccination, and PY may synergistically act on multiple stress-activated kinases in the brain to cause neurological impairments in GWI. ..
- Hatakeyama Y, Uzel M, Santana R, Ruben M. Relationship between position of probe tip and periodontal tissues after periodontal surgery in dogs. Int J Periodontics Restorative Dent. 2005;25:247-55 pubmed..Periodontal probing is not recommended for at least 2 months after surgical procedures; before this stage, probing forces may damage the soft tissue-tooth interrelationship. ..
- Jin G, Tsuji K, Xing C, Yang Y, Wang X, Lo E. CD47 gene knockout protects against transient focal cerebral ischemia in mice. Exp Neurol. 2009;217:165-70 pubmed publisher..We conclude that CD47 is broadly involved in neuroinflammation, and this integrin-associated-protein plays a role in promoting MMP-9 upregulaton, neutrophil extravasation, brain swelling and progression of acute ischemic brain injury. ..
- Coglianese E, Qureshi M, Vasan R, Wang T, Moore L. Usefulness of the blood hematocrit level to predict development of heart failure in a community. Am J Cardiol. 2012;109:241-5 pubmed publisher..In conclusion, higher levels of HCT, even within the normal range, were associated with an increased risk of developing HF in this long-term follow-up study. ..
- Lennon N, Kho A, Bacskai B, Perlmutter S, Hyman B, Brown R. Dysferlin interacts with annexins A1 and A2 and mediates sarcolemmal wound-healing. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:50466-73 pubmed..We propose a model of muscle membrane healing mediated by dysferlin that is relevant to both normal and dystrophic muscle and defines the annexins as potential muscular dystrophy genes. ..
- Binshtok A, Wang H, Zimmermann K, Amaya F, Vardeh D, Shi L, et al. Nociceptors are interleukin-1beta sensors. J Neurosci. 2008;28:14062-73 pubmed publisher..By acting as an IL-1beta sensor, nociceptors can directly signal the presence of ongoing tissue inflammation. ..
- Hou H, Shen G, Boichenko V, Golbeck J, Mauzerall D. Thermodynamics of charge separation of photosystem I in the menA and menB null mutants of Synechocystis sp. PCC 6803 determined by pulsed photoacoustics. Biochemistry. 2009;48:1829-37 pubmed publisher..40 eV). These results show that not only the kinetics but also the thermodynamics of electron transfer reactions in PS I are significantly affected by the recruitment of the foreign plastoquinone-9 into the A(1) site. ..
- Chin H, Patnaik D, Esteve P, Jacobsen S, Pradhan S. Catalytic properties and kinetic mechanism of human recombinant Lys-9 histone H3 methyltransferase SUV39H1: participation of the chromodomain in enzymatic catalysis. Biochemistry. 2006;45:3272-84 pubmed..Thus, SUV39H1 utilizes both the chromodomain and the SET domain for catalysis. ..
- Trussell G, Matassa C, Luttbeg B. The effects of variable predation risk on foraging and growth: less risk is not necessarily better. Ecology. 2011;92:1799-806 pubmed..Hence, exclusive focus on behavioral responses to risk will likely provide an incomplete understanding of how NCEs shape individual fitness and the dynamics of ecological communities...
- Denis G, Vaziri C, Guo N, Faller D. RING3 kinase transactivates promoters of cell cycle regulatory genes through E2F. Cell Growth Differ. 2000;11:417-24 pubmed..These data suggest that RING3 is a potentially important regulator of E2F-dependent cell cycle genes. ..
- Friedrich E, Sinha S, Li L, Dedhar S, Force T, Rosenzweig A, et al. Role of integrin-linked kinase in leukocyte recruitment. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:16371-5 pubmed..These data implicate ILK in the dynamic signaling events involved in the regulation of leukocyte integrin avidity for endothelial substrates. ..
- Lombardi D, Sorock G, Lesch M, Hauser R, Eisen E, Herrick R, et al. A reliability study of potential risk factors for acute traumatic occupational hand injuries. Am J Ind Med. 2002;42:336-43 pubmed
- Lynch M, Fitzgerald C, Johnston K, Wang S, Schmidt E. Activated eIF4E-binding protein slows G1 progression and blocks transformation by c-myc without inhibiting cell growth. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:3327-39 pubmed..It further identifies G(1) control by translation initiation factors as an essential genetic target of c-myc that is necessary for its ability to transform cells. ..
- de Calignon A, Spires Jones T, Pitstick R, Carlson G, Hyman B. Tangle-bearing neurons survive despite disruption of membrane integrity in a mouse model of tauopathy. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2009;68:757-61 pubmed publisher..This unique combination of in vivo multiphoton imaging with markers of cell death and pathological alteration is a powerful tool for investigating neuronal damage associated with neurofibrillary pathology. ..
- Bogomolni A, Pugliares K, Sharp S, Patchett K, Harry C, LaRocque J, et al. Mortality trends of stranded marine mammals on Cape Cod and southeastern Massachusetts, USA, 2000 to 2006. Dis Aquat Organ. 2010;88:143-55 pubmed publisher..They not only afford a better retrospective analysis of strandings, but ultimately have application for improving current and future response to live animal stranding...
- Spring L, Krakowski A, Alam M, Bhatia A, Brauer J, Cohen J, et al. Isotretinoin and Timing of Procedural Interventions: A Systematic Review With Consensus Recommendations. JAMA Dermatol. 2017;153:802-809 pubmed publisher..For some patients and some conditions, an informed decision may lead to earlier and potentially more effective interventions. ..
- Shine J, Kucyi A, Foster B, Bickel S, Wang D, Liu H, et al. Distinct Patterns of Temporal and Directional Connectivity among Intrinsic Networks in the Human Brain. J Neurosci. 2017;37:9667-9674 pubmed publisher..These results provide important temporal information about the interactions between brain networks supporting human cognition and behavior. ..
- Cincotta A, Luo S, Zhang Y, Liang Y, Bina K, Jetton T, et al. Chronic infusion of norepinephrine into the VMH of normal rats induces the obese glucose-intolerant state. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2000;278:R435-44 pubmed..Increases in VMH NE activity that are common among obese insulin-resistant animal models can cause the development of this obese glucose-intolerant (metabolic) syndrome...
- Dominov J, Houlihan Kawamoto C, Swap C, Miller J. Pro- and anti-apoptotic members of the Bcl-2 family in skeletal muscle: a distinct role for Bcl-2 in later stages of myogenesis. Dev Dyn. 2001;220:18-26 pubmed..Thus, Bcl-2 function is required for particular stages of fetal and postnatal myogenesis. ..
- Reverte C, Ahearn M, Hake L. CPEB degradation during Xenopus oocyte maturation requires a PEST domain and the 26S proteasome. Dev Biol. 2001;231:447-58 pubmed..In addition, we demonstrate that degradation requires a 14 amino acid PEST domain. ..
- Blois J, Mataraza J, Mecklenbrauker I, Tarakhovsky A, Chiles T. B cell receptor-induced cAMP-response element-binding protein activation in B lymphocytes requires novel protein kinase Cdelta. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:30123-32 pubmed..Taken together, these results suggest a model in which BCR engagement leads to the phosphorylation of CREB via a signaling pathway that requires nPKCdelta and p90 RSK in mature B cells. ..
- Calautti E, Li J, Saoncella S, Brissette J, Goetinck P. Phosphoinositide 3-kinase signaling to Akt promotes keratinocyte differentiation versus death. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:32856-65 pubmed..Thus, the PI3K signaling pathway regulates the choice between epidermal cell differentiation and death at the cross-talk between tyrosine kinases and cadherin-associated catenins. ..
- Raychowdhury M, McLaughlin M, Ramos A, Montalbetti N, Bouley R, Ausiello D, et al. Characterization of single channel currents from primary cilia of renal epithelial cells. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:34718-22 pubmed..Ion channel activity in the primary cilium of renal cells may be an important component of its role as a sensory transducer...
- Burns C, Milan D, Grande E, Rottbauer W, Macrae C, Fishman M. High-throughput assay for small molecules that modulate zebrafish embryonic heart rate. Nat Chem Biol. 2005;1:263-4 pubmed..This is the first high-throughput micro-well assay for organ function in an intact vertebrate. ..
- Jönsson M, Jenny M, Woodin B, Hahn M, Stegeman J. Role of AHR2 in the expression of novel cytochrome P450 1 family genes, cell cycle genes, and morphological defects in developing zebra fish exposed to 3,3',4,4',5-pentachlorobiphenyl or 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin. Toxicol Sci. 2007;100:180-93 pubmed..Moreover, the developmental patterns of expression and induction suggest that CYP1 enzymes could function in normal development and in developmental toxicity of PCB126 in fish embryos. ..
- Kalinchuk A, McCarley R, Porkka Heiskanen T, Basheer R. The time course of adenosine, nitric oxide (NO) and inducible NO synthase changes in the brain with sleep loss and their role in the non-rapid eye movement sleep homeostatic cascade. J Neurochem. 2011;116:260-72 pubmed publisher..These data support the role of BF adenosine and NO in sleep homeostasis and indicate the temporal and spatial sequence of sleep homeostatic cascade for NO and adenosine...
- Wachtman L, Kramer J, Miller A, Hachey A, Curran E, Mansfield K. Differential contribution of dietary fat and monosaccharide to metabolic syndrome in the common marmoset (Callithrix jacchus). Obesity (Silver Spring). 2011;19:1145-56 pubmed publisher..Feeding nutritionally modified diets to common marmosets recapitulates aspects of metabolic disease and represents a model that may prove instrumental to elucidating the contribution of nutrient excess to disease development...
- Gadsby D, Bezanilla F, Rakowski R, De Weer P, Holmgren M. The dynamic relationships between the three events that release individual Na? ions from the Na?/K?-ATPase. Nat Commun. 2012;3:669 pubmed publisher..The correlations reveal the dynamics of the conformational rearrangements that release three Na(+) to the exterior (or sequester them into their binding sites) one at a time, in an obligatorily sequential manner...
- Kokel D, Dunn T, Ahrens M, Alshut R, Cheung C, Saint Amant L, et al. Identification of nonvisual photomotor response cells in the vertebrate hindbrain. J Neurosci. 2013;33:3834-43 pubmed publisher..Pharmacological inhibition of the visual cycle blocks PMR behaviors, suggesting that opsin-based photoreceptors control this behavior. These data represent the first known light-sensing circuit in the vertebrate hindbrain. ..
- Euling S, Ambros V. Heterochronic genes control cell cycle progress and developmental competence of C. elegans vulva precursor cells. Cell. 1996;84:667-76 pubmed..A genetic pathway that includes lin-4, lin-14, and lin-28 controls when VPCs complete G1 and also controls when VPCs acquire the competence to respond to the intercellular patterning signals and express vulval fates. ..
- Johnson R, Glickman R, Yang J, Kaur A, Dion J, Mulligan M, et al. Induction of vigorous cytotoxic T-lymphocyte responses by live attenuated simian immunodeficiency virus. J Virol. 1997;71:7711-8 pubmed
- Kypreos K, Sonenshein G. Basic fibroblast growth factor decreases type V/XI collagen expression in cultured bovine aortic smooth muscle cells. J Cell Biochem. 1998;68:247-58 pubmed..2. These results suggest that bFGF plays an important role in the regulation of collagen fibril structure, with potential implications for the development and organization of an atherosclerotic lesion. ..
- Mataraza J, Briggs M, Li Z, Entwistle A, Ridley A, Sacks D. IQGAP1 promotes cell motility and invasion. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:41237-45 pubmed..Moreover, invasion mediated by constitutively active Cdc42 was attenuated by IQGAP1DeltaGRD. Thus, IQGAP1 has a fundamental role in cell motility and invasion. ..
- West J, Tsuruta H, Kantrowitz E. A fluorescent probe-labeled Escherichia coli aspartate transcarbamoylase that monitors the allosteric conformational state. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:945-51 pubmed
- Weng M, Walker W, Sanderson I. Butyrate regulates the expression of pathogen-triggered IL-8 in intestinal epithelia. Pediatr Res. 2007;62:542-6 pubmed..Our data suggest that the inflammatory modulation of butyrate in IBD is mediated by A20 and a short pulse rather than continuous administration of butyrate may provide a protective effect on IBD. ..
- Liu C, Ren J, Yang J, Liu C, Mandeville J, Rosen B, et al. DNA-based MRI probes for specific detection of chronic exposure to amphetamine in living brains. J Neurosci. 2009;29:10663-70 pubmed publisher..The in vivo target specificity of these probes permits reliable MRI visualization of AMPH-induced differential elevations of fosB and Delta fosB mRNA in living brains. ..
- Lerner L, Baltrushes R, Stolzmann K, Garshick E. Satisfaction of women urologists with maternity leave and childbirth timing. J Urol. 2010;183:282-6 pubmed publisher..Women in practice were more likely to take 9 weeks or greater but most did not due to strong stressors related to work, partners/peers or finances. Work factors were cited for dissatisfaction with breast-feeding. ..
- Unni V, Weissman T, Rockenstein E, Masliah E, McLean P, Hyman B. In vivo imaging of alpha-synuclein in mouse cortex demonstrates stable expression and differential subcellular compartment mobility. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e10589 pubmed publisher..This opens new avenues for studying alpha-synuclein biology in the living brain and testing new therapeutics for PD and related disorders. ..
- Mei C, Panych L, Yuan J, McDannold N, Treat L, Jing Y, et al. Combining two-dimensional spatially selective RF excitation, parallel imaging, and UNFOLD for accelerated MR thermometry imaging. Magn Reson Med. 2011;66:112-22 pubmed publisher..1°c ± 0.6; r = 0.98; p > 0.05). ..
- Aaronson R, Graven K, Tucci M, McDonald R, Farber H. Non-neuronal enolase is an endothelial hypoxic stress protein. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:27752-7 pubmed..4-fold. While hypoxic up-regulation of NNE may have a protective effect by augmenting anaerobic metabolism, we speculate that enolase may contribute to EC hypoxia tolerance through one or more of its nonglycolytic functions. ..
- Wang Z, Morris D, Rothstein T. Constitutive and inducible levels of egr-1 and c-myc early growth response gene expression in self-renewing B-1 lymphocytes. Cell Immunol. 1995;162:309-14 pubmed
- Arystarkhova E, Donnet C, Asinovski N, Sweadner K. Differential regulation of renal Na,K-ATPase by splice variants of the gamma subunit. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:10162-72 pubmed
- Beaulieu V, Da Silva N, Pastor Soler N, Brown C, Smith P, Brown D, et al. Modulation of the actin cytoskeleton via gelsolin regulates vacuolar H+-ATPase recycling. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:8452-63 pubmed..Therefore, modulation of the actin cortex by this severing and capping protein may represent a common mechanism by which these cells regulate their rate of proton secretion. ..
- Kothe M, Ye Y, Wagner J, De Luca H, Kern E, Rapoport T, et al. Role of p97 AAA-ATPase in the retrotranslocation of the cholera toxin A1 chain, a non-ubiquitinated substrate. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:28127-32 pubmed..These results suggest that p97 does not provide the primary driving force for extracting the A1 chain from the endoplasmic reticulum, a finding that is consistent with a requirement for polyubiquitination in p97 function. ..
- Jenny M, Karchner S, Franks D, Woodin B, Stegeman J, Hahn M. Distinct roles of two zebrafish AHR repressors (AHRRa and AHRRb) in embryonic development and regulating the response to 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin. Toxicol Sci. 2009;110:426-41 pubmed publisher..These data demonstrate distinct roles of AHRRa and AHRRb in regulating AHR signaling in vivo and suggest that they have undergone subfunction partitioning since the teleost-specific genome duplication. ..
- Zhu H, Fan X, Yu Z, Liu J, Murata Y, Lu J, et al. Annexin A2 combined with low-dose tPA improves thrombolytic therapy in a rat model of focal embolic stroke. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2010;30:1137-46 pubmed publisher..As a result, brain hemorrhage and infarction are reduced, and the time window for stroke reperfusion prolonged. Our present findings provide a promising new approach for enhancing tPA-based thrombolytic stroke therapy. ..
- Zhang C, Browne A, Child D, Divito J, Stevenson J, Tanzi R. Loss of function of ATXN1 increases amyloid beta-protein levels by potentiating beta-secretase processing of beta-amyloid precursor protein. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:8515-26 pubmed publisher..Taken together, ATXN1 functions as a genetic risk modifier that contributes to AD pathogenesis through a loss-of-function mechanism by regulating beta-secretase cleavage of APP and Abeta levels. ..
- Mulert C, Kirsch V, Pascual Marqui R, McCarley R, Spencer K. Long-range synchrony of ? oscillations and auditory hallucination symptoms in schizophrenia. Int J Psychophysiol. 2011;79:55-63 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that long-range synchrony of gamma oscillations is disturbed in schizophrenia and that this deficit is related to clinical symptoms such as auditory hallucinations. ..
- Bracken M, Jones E, Williams S. Herbivores, tidal elevation, and species richness simultaneously mediate nitrate uptake by seaweed assemblages. Ecology. 2011;92:1083-93 pubmed
- Yazinski S, Gomez G. Time course of structural and functional maturation of human olfactory epithelial cells in vitro. J Neurosci Res. 2014;92:64-73 pubmed publisher..These results have important implications for the use of hOEs as in vitro models of olfactory and neuronal function. ..
- Karaca Mandic P, Fulton B, Hollingshead A, Scheffler R. States with stronger health insurance rate review authority experienced lower premiums in the individual market in 2010-13. Health Aff (Millwood). 2015;34:1358-67 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that states with prior approval authority and loss ratio requirements constrained health insurance premium increases. ..
- Kuperman G, Teich J, Tanasijevic M, Ma Luf N, Rittenberg E, Jha A, et al. Improving response to critical laboratory results with automation: results of a randomized controlled trial. J Am Med Inform Assoc. 1999;6:512-22 pubmed..Information technologies that facilitate the transmission of important patient data can potentially improve the quality of care. ..
- Shiromani P, Lu J, Wagner D, Thakkar J, Greco M, Basheer R, et al. Compensatory sleep response to 12 h wakefulness in young and old rats. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol. 2000;278:R125-33 pubmed..The findings also indicate that although old rats have a decline in sleep, this cannot be attributed to loss of VLPO neurons implicated in sleep...
- Neff J, Bence A, Parker K, Page D, Brown J, Boehm P. Bioavailability of polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons from buried shoreline oil residues thirteen years after the Exxon Valdez oil spill: a multispecies assessment. Environ Toxicol Chem. 2006;25:947-61 pubmed..The low concentrations of EVOS PAH found in some intertidal organisms at some oiled shoreline sites in PWS do not represent a health risk to populations of marine birds and mammals that forage in the intertidal zone. ..
- de Calignon A, Fox L, Pitstick R, Carlson G, Bacskai B, Spires Jones T, et al. Caspase activation precedes and leads to tangles. Nature. 2010;464:1201-4 pubmed publisher..Because tangle-bearing neurons are long-lived, we suggest that tangles are 'off pathway' to acute neuronal death. Soluble tau species, rather than fibrillar tau, may be the critical toxic moiety underlying neurodegeneration. ..
- Poole C, Tanner N, Zhang Y, Evans T, Carlow C. Diagnosis of brugian filariasis by loop-mediated isothermal amplification. PLoS Negl Trop Dis. 2012;6:e1948 pubmed publisher..The results indicate that the Brugia Hha I repeat LAMP assay is rapid, sensitive and Brugia-specific with the potential to be developed further as a field tool for diagnosis and mapping of brugian filariasis. ..