Experts and Doctors on thermus in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
- Zhang G, Campbell E, Minakhin L, Richter C, Severinov K, Darst S. Crystal structure of Thermus aquaticus core RNA polymerase at 3.3 A resolution. Cell. 1999;98:811-24 pubmed
- Barany F, Slatko B, Danzitz M, Cowburn D, Schildkraut I, Wilson G. The corrected nucleotide sequences of the TaqI restriction and modification enzymes reveal a thirteen-codon overlap. Gene. 1992;112:91-5 pubmed..Gene 112 (1992) 13-20]. Removal of the overlapping codons did not interfere with in vivo M.TaqI activity. We postulate the overlap plays a role in regulating taqIR expression. ..
- Murakami K, Masuda S, Campbell E, Muzzin O, Darst S. Structural basis of transcription initiation: an RNA polymerase holoenzyme-DNA complex. Science. 2002;296:1285-90 pubmed publisher..The structure explains how holoenzyme recognizes promoters containing variably spaced -10 and -35 elements and provides the basis for models of the closed and open promoter complexes...
- Campbell E, Korzheva N, Mustaev A, Murakami K, Nair S, Goldfarb A, et al. Structural mechanism for rifampicin inhibition of bacterial rna polymerase. Cell. 2001;104:901-12 pubmed..The structure, combined with biochemical results, explains the effects of Rif on RNAP function and indicates that the inhibitor acts by directly blocking the path of the elongating RNA when the transcript becomes 2 to 3 nt in length...
- Murakami K, Masuda S, Darst S. Crystallographic analysis of Thermus aquaticus RNA polymerase holoenzyme and a holoenzyme/promoter DNA complex. Methods Enzymol. 2003;370:42-53 pubmed
- Sundermeier T, Karzai A. Functional SmpB-ribosome interactions require tmRNA. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:34779-86 pubmed..We propose that a 1:1:1 complex of SmpB.tmRNA.EF-Tu(GTP) recognizes and binds a stalled ribosome to initiate trans-translation. ..
- Cao W, Lu J, Barany F. Nucleotide sequences and gene organization of TaqI endonuclease isoschizomers from Thermus sp. SM32 and Thermus filiformis Tok6A1. Gene. 1997;197:205-14 pubmed..Phylogenetic analysis suggests that initially TfiTok6A1I diverged from a common ancestor, then Tsp32IR branched out, and finally TaqI and TthHB8I diverged from each other during evolution...
- Wetmur J, Wong D, Ortiz B, Tong J, Reichert F, Gelfand D. Cloning, sequencing, and expression of RecA proteins from three distantly related thermophilic eubacteria. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:25928-35 pubmed