Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on symporters in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
- Mervish N, Pajak A, Teitelbaum S, Pinney S, Windham G, Kushi L, et al. Thyroid Antagonists (Perchlorate, Thiocyanate, and Nitrate) and Childhood Growth in a Longitudinal Study of U.S. Girls. Environ Health Perspect. 2016;124:542-9 pubmed publisher..2016. Thyroid antagonists (perchlorate, thiocyanate, and nitrate) and childhood growth in a longitudinal study of U.S. girls. Environ Health Perspect 124:542-549;â€‚http://dx.doi.org/10.1289/ehp.1409309. ..
- Gholami S, Haddad D, Chen C, Chen N, Zhang Q, Zanzonico P, et al. Novel therapy for anaplastic thyroid carcinoma cells using an oncolytic vaccinia virus carrying the human sodium iodide symporter. Surgery. 2011;150:1040-7 pubmed publisher..GLV-1h153 is a promising candidate for treatment and imaging, and potentially enhancing susceptibility to radioiodine therapy by converting non-hNIS-expressing cells into hNIS-expressing ATC cells. ..
- Purtell K, Paroder Belenitsky M, Reyna Neyra A, Nicola J, Koba W, Fine E, et al. The KCNQ1-KCNE2 K? channel is required for adequate thyroid I? uptake. FASEB J. 2012;26:3252-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, KCNQ1-KCNE2 is necessary for adequate thyroid cell I(-) uptake, the most likely explanation being that it is prerequisite for adequate NIS activity. ..
- Chen F, Ananthanarayanan M, Emre S, Neimark E, Bull L, Knisely A, et al. Progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis, type 1, is associated with decreased farnesoid X receptor activity. Gastroenterology. 2004;126:756-64 pubmed..The mechanisms by which mutations in the familial intrahepatic cholestasis-1 gene cause Byler's disease (progressive familial intrahepatic cholestasis type 1) are unknown...
- de Carvalho F, Quick M. Surprising substrate versatility in SLC5A6: Na+-coupled I- transport by the human Na+/multivitamin transporter (hSMVT). J Biol Chem. 2011;286:131-7 pubmed publisher..Because hSMVT is found in the intestine and in many other tissues, we propose that hSMVT may play an important role in the homeostasis of I(-) in the body. ..
- Chen F, Ma L, Dawson P, Sinal C, Sehayek E, Gonzalez F, et al. Liver receptor homologue-1 mediates species- and cell line-specific bile acid-dependent negative feedback regulation of the apical sodium-dependent bile acid transporter. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:19909-16 pubmed..In summary cell line- and species-specific negative feedback regulation of ASBT by bile acids is mediated by farnesoid X receptor via small heterodimer partner-dependent repression of LRH-1 activation of the ASBT promoter. ..
- Ding Y, Lin K, Logan J, Benveniste H, Carter P. Comparative evaluation of positron emission tomography radiotracers for imaging the norepinephrine transporter: (S,S) and (R,R) enantiomers of reboxetine analogs ([11C]methylreboxetine, 3-Cl-[11C]methylreboxetine and [18F]fluororeboxetine), (R)-[11C]. J Neurochem. 2005;94:337-51 pubmed..Thus, to our knowledge (S,S)-[11C]MRB remains by far the most promising NET ligand for PET studies...
- De la Vieja A, Dohan O, Levy O, Carrasco N. Molecular analysis of the sodium/iodide symporter: impact on thyroid and extrathyroid pathophysiology. Physiol Rev. 2000;80:1083-105 pubmed
- Reed Tsur M, De La Vieja A, Ginter C, Carrasco N. Molecular characterization of V59E NIS, a Na+/I- symporter mutant that causes congenital I- transport defect. Endocrinology. 2008;149:3077-84 pubmed publisher..This result suggests that the region that contains V59 may be involved in intramembrane helix-helix interactions during the transport cycle without being in direct contact with the substrates...
- Neimark E, Chen F, Li X, Magid M, Alasio T, Frankenberg T, et al. c-Fos is a critical mediator of inflammatory-mediated repression of the apical sodium-dependent bile acid transporter. Gastroenterology. 2006;131:554-67 pubmed..Indomethacin-induced ileal injury was greater in the c-fos-null mice compared with the wild-type littermates. Human, rat, and mouse ASBT is inhibited by inflammatory cytokines via direct interactions of c-fos with the ASBT promoter. ..
- Lutsenko E, Carcamo J, Golde D. A human sodium-dependent vitamin C transporter 2 isoform acts as a dominant-negative inhibitor of ascorbic acid transport. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:3150-6 pubmed..These findings suggest a mechanism of AA uptake regulation whereby an alternative SVCT2 gene product inhibits transport through the two known AA transporters. ..
- Riedel C, Levy O, Carrasco N. Post-transcriptional regulation of the sodium/iodide symporter by thyrotropin. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:21458-63 pubmed
- He Y, Janssen W, Rothstein J, Morrison J. Differential synaptic localization of the glutamate transporter EAAC1 and glutamate receptor subunit GluR2 in the rat hippocampus. J Comp Neurol. 2000;418:255-69 pubmed
- Colas C, Schlessinger A, Pajor A. Mapping Functionally Important Residues in the Na+/Dicarboxylate Cotransporter, NaDC1. Biochemistry. 2017;56:4432-4441 pubmed publisher..The results of this study improve our understanding of substrate and ion recognition in the mammalian members of the SLC13 family and provide a framework for developing conformationally specific inhibitors against these transporters. ..
- Haddad D, Zanzonico P, Carlin S, Chen C, Chen N, Zhang Q, et al. A vaccinia virus encoding the human sodium iodide symporter facilitates long-term image monitoring of virotherapy and targeted radiotherapy of pancreatic cancer. J Nucl Med. 2012;53:1933-42 pubmed publisher..These results warrant further investigation into parameters and potential synergistic effects of combination therapy. ..
- Li W, Nicola J, Amzel L, Carrasco N. Asn441 plays a key role in folding and function of the Na+/I- symporter (NIS). FASEB J. 2013;27:3229-38 pubmed publisher..Our data provide insight into a critical interhelical interaction required for NIS folding and activity. ..
- Pan D, Chen F, Neimark E, Li X, Shneider B. FTF and LRH-1, two related but different transcription factors in human Caco-2 cells: their different roles in the regulation of bile acid transport. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2005;1732:31-7 pubmed..FTF is not involved directly in bile acid mediated negative feedback regulation of the ASBT. ..
- Dai G, Levy O, Carrasco N. Cloning and characterization of the thyroid iodide transporter. Nature. 1996;379:458-60 pubmed..To our knowledge, this is the first iodide-transporting molecule to have its cDNA cloned, providing a missing link in the thyroid hormone biosynthetic pathway. ..
- Richardson C, Bank A. Developmental-stage-specific expression and regulation of an amphotropic retroviral receptor in hematopoietic cells. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:4240-7 pubmed
- Shneider B. Intestinal bile acid transport: biology, physiology, and pathophysiology. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2001;32:407-17 pubmed
- Chen F, Ma L, al Ansari N, Shneider B. The role of AP-1 in the transcriptional regulation of the rat apical sodium-dependent bile acid transporter. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:38703-14 pubmed..A specific AP-1 element regulates transcription of the rat ASBT gene. ..
- Dohan O, De La Vieja A, Paroder V, Riedel C, Artani M, Reed M, et al. The sodium/iodide Symporter (NIS): characterization, regulation, and medical significance. Endocr Rev. 2003;24:48-77 pubmed..Most dramatically, the discovery of endogenous NIS expression in more than 80% of human breast cancer samples has raised the possibility that radioiodide may be a valuable novel tool in breast cancer diagnosis and treatment...
- Quick M, Yano H, Goldberg N, Duan L, Beuming T, Shi L, et al. State-dependent conformations of the translocation pathway in the tyrosine transporter Tyt1, a novel neurotransmitter:sodium symporter from Fusobacterium nucleatum. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:26444-54 pubmed
- Ananthanarayanan M, Li Y, Surapureddi S, Balasubramaniyan N, Ahn J, Goldstein J, et al. Histone H3K4 trimethylation by MLL3 as part of ASCOM complex is critical for NR activation of bile acid transporter genes and is downregulated in cholestasis. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2011;300:G771-81 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these data show that the "H3K4me3" epigenetic mark is essential to activation of BSEP, NTCP, and MRP2 genes by nuclear receptors and is downregulated in cholestasis...
- Dohan O, Gavrielides M, Ginter C, Amzel L, Carrasco N. Na(+)/I(-) symporter activity requires a small and uncharged amino acid residue at position 395. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:1893-902 pubmed..Substitutions of large amino acid residues at position 395 resulted in lower V(max) without affecting K(m) values for I(-) and Na(+), suggesting that these residues hamper the Na(+)/I(-) coupling reaction. ..
- Ma R, Latif R, Davies T. Thyrotropin-independent induction of thyroid endoderm from embryonic stem cells by activin A. Endocrinology. 2009;150:1970-5 pubmed publisher..Activin A is clearly a major regulator of thyroid endoderm. ..
- Velazquez Salinas L, Naik S, Pauszek S, Peng K, Russell S, Rodriguez L. Oncolytic Recombinant Vesicular Stomatitis Virus (VSV) Is Nonpathogenic and Nontransmissible in Pigs, a Natural Host of VSV. Hum Gene Ther Clin Dev. 2017;28:108-115 pubmed publisher..These data indicate that oncolytic VSV is both nonpathogenic and not transmissible in pigs, a natural host. These findings support further clinical development of oncolytic VSV-IFN?-NIS as a safe therapeutic for human and canine cancer. ..
- Suzuki A, Stern S, Bozdagi O, Huntley G, Walker R, Magistretti P, et al. Astrocyte-neuron lactate transport is required for long-term memory formation. Cell. 2011;144:810-23 pubmed publisher..We conclude that astrocyte-neuron lactate transport is required for long-term memory formation...
- Mazier S, Quick M, Shi L. Conserved tyrosine in the first transmembrane segment of solute:sodium symporters is involved in Na+-coupled substrate co-transport. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:29347-55 pubmed publisher..Thus, our combined computational and experimental data provide the first clues about the importance of a conserved residue in TM1, a unique TM in the proteins with LeuT-like fold, in the Na(+)-coupled symport mechanism of SSSs. ..
- Wang X, Michels C. Mutations in SIN4 and RGR1 cause constitutive expression of MAL structural genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics. 2004;168:747-57 pubmed..A sin4Delta mutation is unable to suppress the defects in MAL gene expression resulting from loss of the Swi/Snf complex component Snf2p. The role of the Mediator in MAL gene regulation is discussed. ..
- Neimark E, Chen F, Li X, Shneider B. Bile acid-induced negative feedback regulation of the human ileal bile acid transporter. Hepatology. 2004;40:149-56 pubmed..In conclusion, the human ASBT is positively regulated by retinoic acid. Bile acids induce a negative feedback regulation of human ASBT via an FXR-mediated, SHP-dependent effect upon RAR/RXR activation of ASBT. ..
- De La Vieja A, Ginter C, Carrasco N. Molecular analysis of a congenital iodide transport defect: G543E impairs maturation and trafficking of the Na+/I- symporter. Mol Endocrinol. 2005;19:2847-58 pubmed..Remarkably, NIS activity was rescued by small neutral amino acid substitutions (volume < 129 A3) at this position, suggesting that G543 is in a tightly packed region of NIS. ..
- Marians R, Ng L, Blair H, Unger P, Graves P, Davies T. Defining thyrotropin-dependent and -independent steps of thyroid hormone synthesis by using thyrotropin receptor-null mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:15776-81 pubmed
- Kazmier K, Sharma S, Quick M, Islam S, Roux B, Weinstein H, et al. Conformational dynamics of ligand-dependent alternating access in LeuT. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2014;21:472-9 pubmed publisher..The conformational changes reported here present a dynamic picture of the alternating-access mechanism of LeuT and NSSs that is different from the inferences reached from currently available structural models. ..
- Sinha J, Chen F, Miloh T, Burns R, Yu Z, Shneider B. beta-Klotho and FGF-15/19 inhibit the apical sodium-dependent bile acid transporter in enterocytes and cholangiocytes. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2008;295:G996-G1003 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that both beta-Klotho and FGF-15/19 repress ASBT in enterocytes and cholangiocytes. These novel signaling pathways need to be considered in analyzing bile acid homeostasis. ..
- Hong C, Graham N, Gu W, Espindola Camacho C, Mah V, Maresh E, et al. MCT1 Modulates Cancer Cell Pyruvate Export and Growth of Tumors that Co-express MCT1 and MCT4. Cell Rep. 2016;14:1590-1601 pubmed publisher..This study presents an alternative molecular consequence of MCT1 inhibitors, further supporting their use as anti-cancer therapeutics. ..
- Singhvi A, Liu B, Friedman C, Fong J, Lu Y, Huang X, et al. A Glial K/Cl Transporter Controls Neuronal Receptive Ending Shape by Chloride Inhibition of an rGC. Cell. 2016;165:936-48 pubmed publisher..Components of this pathway are broadly expressed throughout the nervous system, suggesting that ionic regulation of the NRE microenvironment may be a conserved mechanism by which glia control neuron shape and function. ..
- Han E, Cotty F, Sottas C, Jiang H, Michels C. Characterization of AGT1 encoding a general alpha-glucoside transporter from Saccharomyces. Mol Microbiol. 1995;17:1093-107 pubmed..The evolutionary origin of the MAL1 allele to which AGT1 maps and the relationship of AGT1 to other alpha-glucoside fermentation genes is discussed. ..