Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on signal transduction in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Topic: signal transduction
Publications1102 found, 100 shown here
- Swiss V, CASACCIA P. Cell-context specific role of the E2F/Rb pathway in development and disease. Glia. 2010;58:377-90 pubmed publisher..Overall, the available data suggest a time-dependent and cell-context specific role of E2F and Rb family members in the developing and adult CNS. ..
- Zippin J, Chadwick P, Levin L, Buck J, Magro C. Soluble adenylyl cyclase defines a nuclear cAMP microdomain in keratinocyte hyperproliferative skin diseases. J Invest Dermatol. 2010;130:1279-87 pubmed publisher..Hence, sAC may play a role in the pathogenesis of certain hyperproliferative skin disorders via modulation of gene expression. ..
- Xiong Y, Song D, Cai Y, Yu W, Yeung Y, Stanley E. A CSF-1 receptor phosphotyrosine 559 signaling pathway regulates receptor ubiquitination and tyrosine phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:952-60 pubmed publisher..Thus the results indicate that CSF-1-mediated receptor dimerization leads to a Tyr-559/SFK/c-Cbl pathway resulting in receptor ubiquitination that permits full receptor tyrosine phosphorylation of this class III RTK in macrophages. ..
- Noel M, Norris E, Strickland S. Tissue plasminogen activator is required for the development of fetal alcohol syndrome in mice. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:5069-74 pubmed publisher..Selective pharmacological modulators of NMDA and GABAA receptor pathways revealed that the effects of tPA were mediated by the NR2B subunit of the NMDA receptor. This study identifies tPA as a critical signaling component in FAS. ..
- Rosas Ballina M, Olofsson P, Ochani M, Valdés Ferrer S, Levine Y, Reardon C, et al. Acetylcholine-synthesizing T cells relay neural signals in a vagus nerve circuit. Science. 2011;334:98-101 pubmed publisher..Thus, action potentials originating in the vagus nerve regulate T cells, which in turn produce the neurotransmitter, acetylcholine, required to control innate immune responses. ..
- Moon B, Hernandez Ono A, Stiles B, Wu H, Ginsberg H. Apolipoprotein B secretion is regulated by hepatic triglyceride, and not insulin, in a model of increased hepatic insulin signaling. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2012;32:236-46 pubmed publisher..Ex vivo results were in primary hepatocytes were similar. Either hepatic TG is the dominant regulator of apoB secretion or any inhibitory effects of hepatic insulin signaling on apoB secretion is very short-lived. ..
- Chen H, Edwards R, Tucci S, Bu P, Milsom J, Lee S, et al. Chemokine 25-induced signaling suppresses colon cancer invasion and metastasis. J Clin Invest. 2012;122:3184-96 pubmed publisher..Overall, these data indicate that CCL25 and CCR9 regulate CRC progression and invasion and further demonstrate an appropriate in vivo experimental system to study CRC progression in the native colon microenvironment. ..
- Fernandez Hernando C, Ramírez C, Goedeke L, Suarez Y. MicroRNAs in metabolic disease. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2013;33:178-85 pubmed publisher..We will also discuss how the modulation of specific miRNAs may be a promising strategy to treat metabolic diseases. ..
- Nguyen G, Gokhan S, Molero A, Mehler M. Selective roles of normal and mutant huntingtin in neural induction and early neurogenesis. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64368 pubmed publisher..These cumulative observations indicate that Htt is required for multiple stages of neural induction, whereas mHtt enhances this process and promotes precocious neurogenesis and oligodendrocyte progenitor cell elaboration...
- Fan G, Lin G, Lucito R, Tonks N. Protein-tyrosine phosphatase 1B antagonized signaling by insulin-like growth factor-1 receptor and kinase BRK/PTK6 in ovarian cancer cells. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:24923-34 pubmed publisher..These data reveal an important role for PTP1B as a negative regulator of BRK and IGF-1R? signaling in ovarian cancer cells. ..
- Cole P, Vijayanathan V, Ali N, Wagshul M, Tanenbaum E, Price J, et al. Memantine protects rats treated with intrathecal methotrexate from developing spatial memory deficits. Clin Cancer Res. 2013;19:4446-54 pubmed publisher..Memantine, an NMDA receptor antagonist, reduces the incidence of cognitive deficits in rats treated with intrathecal methotrexate, and may therefore benefit patients with cancer receiving similar treatment. ..
- Carey M, Kehlenbrink S, Hawkins M. Evidence for central regulation of glucose metabolism. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:34981-8 pubmed publisher..Understanding central regulation of glucose metabolism could promote the development of novel therapeutic approaches for such metabolic conditions as diabetes mellitus. ..
- Miething C, Scuoppo C, Bosbach B, Appelmann I, Nakitandwe J, Ma J, et al. PTEN action in leukaemia dictated by the tissue microenvironment. Nature. 2014;510:402-6 pubmed publisher..They further reveal that the role of PTEN loss in tumour maintenance is not invariant and can be influenced by the tissue microenvironment, thereby producing a form of intratumoral heterogeneity that is independent of cancer genotype. ..
- Hanly E, Tuli N, Bednarczyk R, Suriano R, Geliebter J, Moscatello A, et al. Hyperactive ERK and persistent mTOR signaling characterize vemurafenib resistance in papillary thyroid cancer cells. Oncotarget. 2016;7:8676-87 pubmed publisher..Potential therapies in advanced thyroid cancer patients may combine vemurafenib with inhibitors of CRAF, HER2/HER3, ERK, and/or mTOR to delay or abort development of resistance. ..
- Land M, Rubin C. A Calcium- and Diacylglycerol-Stimulated Protein Kinase C (PKC), Caenorhabditis elegans PKC-2, Links Thermal Signals to Learned Behavior by Acting in Sensory Neurons and Intestinal Cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2017;37: pubmed publisher..UNC-18 variants, created by mutating Ser311 or Ser322, disrupt thermotaxis and suppress PKC-2-dependent cryophilic migration. ..
- Qiao J, Uzzo R, Obara Ishihara T, Degenstein L, Fuchs E, Herzlinger D. FGF-7 modulates ureteric bud growth and nephron number in the developing kidney. Development. 1999;126:547-54 pubmed..Collectively, these results demonstrate that FGF-7 levels modulate the extent of ureteric bud growth during development and the number of nephrons that eventually form in the kidney. ..
- Rosell D, Nacher J, Akama K, McEwen B. Spatiotemporal distribution of gp130 cytokines and their receptors after status epilepticus: comparison with neuronal degeneration and microglial activation. Neuroscience. 2003;122:329-48 pubmed..Furthermore, we suggest that activity-dependent mechanisms may be involved in the regulation of cytokines expressed early, and that relatively late occurring cytokine expression may be elicited by injury-related stimuli. ..
- Rotolo J, Zhang J, Donepudi M, Lee H, Fuks Z, Kolesnick R. Caspase-dependent and -independent activation of acid sphingomyelinase signaling. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:26425-34 pubmed
- Snyder E, Nong Y, Almeida C, Paul S, Moran T, Choi E, et al. Regulation of NMDA receptor trafficking by amyloid-beta. Nat Neurosci. 2005;8:1051-8 pubmed..Dephosphorylation of the NMDA receptor subunit NR2B at Tyr1472 correlated with receptor endocytosis. These data indicate a new mechanism by which amyloid-beta can cause synaptic dysfunction and contribute to Alzheimer disease pathology. ..
- Mason H, Rakowiecki S, Raftopoulou M, Nery S, Huang Y, Gridley T, et al. Notch signaling coordinates the patterning of striatal compartments. Development. 2005;132:4247-58 pubmed..These results indicate that Notch signaling is required in neural progenitor cells to control cell fate in the striatum, but is dispensable during subsequent phases of neuronal migration and differentiation. ..
- Gao S, Mark K, Leslie K, Pao W, Motoi N, Gerald W, et al. Mutations in the EGFR kinase domain mediate STAT3 activation via IL-6 production in human lung adenocarcinomas. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:3846-56 pubmed..Therefore, mutant EGFR could activate the gp130/JAK/STAT3 pathway by means of IL-6 upregulation in primary human lung adenocarcinomas, making this pathway a potential target for cancer treatment. ..
- Frankenberg T, Miloh T, Chen F, Ananthanarayanan M, Sun A, Balasubramaniyan N, et al. The membrane protein ATPase class I type 8B member 1 signals through protein kinase C zeta to activate the farnesoid X receptor. Hepatology. 2008;48:1896-905 pubmed publisher..Inhibition of PKC zeta in Caco-2 cells resulted in activation of the human apical sodium-dependent bile acid transporter promoter...
- ..The development of TGFbeta inhibitors for clinical use will require a deeper understanding of TGFbeta signaling, its consequences, and the contexts in which it acts. ..
- Selimi F, Cristea I, Heller E, Chait B, Heintz N. Proteomic studies of a single CNS synapse type: the parallel fiber/purkinje cell synapse. PLoS Biol. 2009;7:e83 pubmed publisher..Our data identify a novel synapse-specific signaling pathway, and provide an approach for detailed investigations of the biochemical complexity of central nervous system synapse types. ..
- Nakano Kobayashi A, Kasri N, Newey S, Van Aelst L. The Rho-linked mental retardation protein OPHN1 controls synaptic vesicle endocytosis via endophilin A1. Curr Biol. 2009;19:1133-9 pubmed publisher..Our findings suggest that defects in efficient SV retrieval may contribute to the pathogenesis of OPHN1-linked cognitive impairment. ..
- Zaba L, Suárez Fariñas M, Fuentes Duculan J, Nograles K, Guttman Yassky E, Cardinale I, et al. Effective treatment of psoriasis with etanercept is linked to suppression of IL-17 signaling, not immediate response TNF genes. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2009;124:1022-10.e1-395 pubmed publisher..Although both responders and nonresponders to etanercept inactivated sepsis cascade cytokines, response to etanercept is dependent on inactivation of myeloid dendritic cell genes and inactivation of the T(H)17 immune response. ..
- Shaknovich R, Geng H, Johnson N, Tsikitas L, Cerchietti L, Greally J, et al. DNA methylation signatures define molecular subtypes of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Blood. 2010;116:e81-9 pubmed publisher..This reduced gene set was an accurate predictor of ABC and GCB subtypes. Collectively, the data suggest that epigenetic patterning contributes to the ABC and GCB DLBCL phenotypes and could serve as useful biomarker. ..
- Bielesz B, Sirin Y, Si H, Niranjan T, Gruenwald A, Ahn S, et al. Epithelial Notch signaling regulates interstitial fibrosis development in the kidneys of mice and humans. J Clin Invest. 2010;120:4040-54 pubmed publisher..In summary, our experiments establish that epithelial injury and Notch signaling play key roles in fibrosis development and indicate that Notch blockade may be a therapeutic strategy to reduce fibrosis and ESRD development. ..
- Lewis K, Caton M, Bogunovic M, Greter M, Grajkowska L, Ng D, et al. Notch2 receptor signaling controls functional differentiation of dendritic cells in the spleen and intestine. Immunity. 2011;35:780-91 pubmed publisher..Thus, Notch2 is a common differentiation signal for T cell-priming CD11b(+) DC subsets in the spleen and intestine. ..
- Cai X, Srivastava S, Sun Y, Li Z, Wu H, Zuvela Jelaska L, et al. Tripartite motif containing protein 27 negatively regulates CD4 T cells by ubiquitinating and inhibiting the class II PI3K-C2?. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011;108:20072-7 pubmed publisher..These findings provide a unique mechanism for regulating class II PI3Ks, and identify TRIM27 as a previously undescribed negative regulator of CD4 T cells. ..
- Polotskaia A, Hoffman S, Krett N, Shanmugam M, Rosen S, Bargonetti J. 8-Amino-adenosine activates p53-independent cell death of metastatic breast cancers. Mol Cancer Ther. 2012;11:2495-504 pubmed publisher..Therefore, 8-NH(2)-Ado should be considered for the treatment of triple-negative breast cancers that are chemotherapy resistant. ..
- Wong E, Lee W, Cheng C. Secreted Frizzled-related protein 1 (sFRP1) regulates spermatid adhesion in the testis via dephosphorylation of focal adhesion kinase and the nectin-3 adhesion protein complex. FASEB J. 2013;27:464-77 pubmed publisher..In summary, this report highlights the critical role of sFRP1 in regulating spermiation via its effects on the FAK signaling and retention of nectin-3 adhesion complex at the apical ES...
- Busino L, Millman S, Pagano M. SCF-mediated degradation of p100 (NF-κB2): mechanisms and relevance in multiple myeloma. Sci Signal. 2012;5:pt14 pubmed publisher..Thus, the FBXW7α-dependent degradation of p100 functions as a prosurvival mechanism through control of NF-κB activity. ..
- Korets S, Musa F, Curtin J, Blank S, Schneider R. Dual mTORC1/2 inhibition in a preclinical xenograft tumor model of endometrial cancer. Gynecol Oncol. 2014;132:468-73 pubmed publisher..Based on this study, mTORC1/2 kinase inhibitors warrant further investigation as a potential treatment for endometrial cancer. ..
- Danese S, Grisham M, Hodge J, Telliez J. JAK inhibition using tofacitinib for inflammatory bowel disease treatment: a hub for multiple inflammatory cytokines. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2016;310:G155-62 pubmed publisher..Clinical development of tofacitinib and other JAK inhibitors is ongoing, with the aspiration of providing new treatment options for IBD that have the potential to deliver prolonged efficacy and clinically meaningful patient benefits. ..
- Ciancanelli M, Abel L, Zhang S, Casanova J. Host genetics of severe influenza: from mouse Mx1 to human IRF7. Curr Opin Immunol. 2016;38:109-20 pubmed publisher..Next generation sequencing of human exomes and genomes will facilitate the analysis of the human genetic determinism of severe influenza. ..
- Jhaveri K, Teplinsky E, Silvera D, Valeta Magara A, Arju R, Giashuddin S, et al. Hyperactivated mTOR and JAK2/STAT3 Pathways: Molecular Drivers and Potential Therapeutic Targets of Inflammatory and Invasive Ductal Breast Cancers After Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy. Clin Breast Cancer. 2016;16:113-22.e1 pubmed publisher..Activation of pS6 and pJAK2 in IBC might support dual targeting of the mTOR and JAK/STAT pathways, and the need for prospective studies to investigate combined targeted therapies in IBC. ..
- Foreman H, Armstrong J, Santana A, Krug L, Reich N. The replication and transcription activator of murine gammaherpesvirus 68 cooperatively enhances cytokine-activated, STAT3-mediated gene expression. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:16257-16266 pubmed publisher..Our results demonstrate that MHV68 RTA specifically recognizes and recruits activated pTyr705-STAT3 during the lytic phase of infection. ..
- Chen D, Tavana O, Chu B, Erber L, Chen Y, Baer R, et al. NRF2 Is a Major Target of ARF in p53-Independent Tumor Suppression. Mol Cell. 2017;68:224-232.e4 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that NRF2 is a major target of p53-independent tumor suppression by ARF and also suggest that the ARF-NRF2 interaction acts as a new checkpoint for oxidative stress responses. ..
- Guo W, Shi L, Javitch J. The fourth transmembrane segment forms the interface of the dopamine D2 receptor homodimer. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:4385-8 pubmed..The accessibility of adjacent residues in TM4, however, is affected by ligand binding, implying that the interface has functional significance. ..
- Yopp A, Krieger N, Ochando J, Bromberg J. Therapeutic manipulation of T cell chemotaxis in transplantation. Curr Opin Immunol. 2004;16:571-7 pubmed
- Huang W, Ochs H, Dupont B, Vyas Y. The Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome protein regulates nuclear translocation of NFAT2 and NF-kappa B (RelA) independently of its role in filamentous actin polymerization and actin cytoskeletal rearrangement. J Immunol. 2005;174:2602-11 pubmed..Our results indicate that WASp independently regulates its dual functions, i.e., actin cytoskeletal remodeling and transcription in NK cells. ..
- Debiec J, Bush D, LeDoux J. Noradrenergic enhancement of reconsolidation in the amygdala impairs extinction of conditioned fear in rats--a possible mechanism for the persistence of traumatic memories in PTSD. Depress Anxiety. 2011;28:186-93 pubmed publisher..Reconsolidation may be a useful tool in understanding the pathology of PTSD and may thus help in developing new and in modifying existing treatments of traumatic memories. ..
- Howitt M, Lavoie S, Michaud M, Blum A, Tran S, Weinstock J, et al. Tuft cells, taste-chemosensory cells, orchestrate parasite type 2 immunity in the gut. Science. 2016;351:1329-33 pubmed publisher..Our results identify intestinal tuft cells as critical sentinels in the gut epithelium that promote type 2 immunity in response to intestinal parasites. ..
- LaMontagne K, Flint A, Franza B, Pandergast A, Tonks N. Protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B antagonizes signalling by oncoprotein tyrosine kinase p210 bcr-abl in vivo. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:2965-75 pubmed..These results illustrate selectivity in the effects of PTPs in a cellular context and suggest that PTP1B may function as a specific, negative regulator of p210 bcr-abl signalling in vivo. ..
- Li Y, Kanki H, Hachiya T, Ohyama T, Irie S, Tang G, et al. Negative regulation of Fas-mediated apoptosis by FAP-1 in human cancer cells. Int J Cancer. 2000;87:473-9 pubmed
- Drappa J, Kamen L, Chan E, Georgiev M, Ashany D, Marti F, et al. Impaired T cell death and lupus-like autoimmunity in T cell-specific adapter protein-deficient mice. J Exp Med. 2003;198:809-21 pubmed..The development of autoimmunity in TSAd-deficient mice is associated with defective T cell death in vivo. These findings illustrate the role of TSAd as a critical regulator of T cell death whose absence promotes systemic autoimmunity. ..
- Hudson B, Bucciarelli L, Wendt T, Sakaguchi T, Lalla E, Qu W, et al. Blockade of receptor for advanced glycation endproducts: a new target for therapeutic intervention in diabetic complications and inflammatory disorders. Arch Biochem Biophys. 2003;419:80-8 pubmed..Here, we will summarize the known consequences of RAGE activation in the tissues and highlight novel areas for therapeutic intervention in these disease states. ..
- Du G, Huang P, Liang B, Frohman M. Phospholipase D2 localizes to the plasma membrane and regulates angiotensin II receptor endocytosis. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:1024-30 pubmed
- Mabanta L, Valane P, Borne J, Frame M. Initiation of remote microvascular preconditioning requires K(ATP) channel activity. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2006;290:H264-71 pubmed..RMP was blocked during SNP, but not during DZ, stimulation. Thus stimulation of the RMP response requires mitochondrial K(ATP) channel activity after stimulation by nitric oxide donors. ..
- Matushansky I, Hernando E, Socci N, Mills J, Matos T, Edgar M, et al. Derivation of sarcomas from mesenchymal stem cells via inactivation of the Wnt pathway. J Clin Invest. 2007;117:3248-57 pubmed..Our results provide mechanistic insights regarding the cell of origin of MFH, establish what we believe is a novel tumor suppressor role for Wnt signaling, and identify a potential therapeutic differentiation strategy for sarcomas. ..
- Fernandez L A, Northcott P, Dalton J, Fraga C, Ellison D, Angers S, et al. YAP1 is amplified and up-regulated in hedgehog-associated medulloblastomas and mediates Sonic hedgehog-driven neural precursor proliferation. Genes Dev. 2009;23:2729-41 pubmed publisher..Post-irradiation, YAP1 was found in newly growing tumor cells. These findings implicate YAP1 as a new Shh effector that may be targeted by medulloblastoma therapies aimed at eliminating medulloblastoma recurrence. ..
- Russo S, Dietz D, Dumitriu D, Morrison J, Malenka R, Nestler E. The addicted synapse: mechanisms of synaptic and structural plasticity in nucleus accumbens. Trends Neurosci. 2010;33:267-76 pubmed publisher..We define areas where future investigation can provide a more detailed picture of drug-induced synaptic reorganization, including ultrastructural, electrophysiological and behavioral studies. ..
- Cyge B, Fischer V, Takemaru K, Li F. Generation and characterization of monoclonal antibodies against human Chibby protein. Hybridoma (Larchmt). 2011;30:163-8 pubmed publisher..These Cby MAbs therefore hold promise as useful tools for the investigation of Wnt signaling and ciliogenesis. ..
- Mavromatakis Y, Tomlinson A. The role of the small GTPase Rap in Drosophila R7 photoreceptor specification. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2012;109:3844-9 pubmed publisher..Thus, when N activity is high, a robust RTK signal operates that uses both Ras and Rap, but when N activity is low, only a mild RTK signal is transduced and Ras alone suffices for the purpose. ..
- Soong G, Chun J, Parker D, Prince A. Staphylococcus aureus activation of caspase 1/calpain signaling mediates invasion through human keratinocytes. J Infect Dis. 2012;205:1571-9 pubmed publisher..These studies suggest that pharmacological interruption of specific keratinocyte signaling cascades as well as targeting the Hla might prevent invasive skin infection by staphylococci...
- O Donnell M, Hase H, Legarda D, Ting A. NEMO inhibits programmed necrosis in an NF?B-independent manner by restraining RIP1. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41238 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that recruitment of NEMO to ubiquitinated RIP1 is a key step in the TNFR1 signaling pathway that determines whether RIP1 triggers a necrotic death response. ..
- Tkach K, Altan Bonnet G. T cell responses to antigen: hasty proposals resolved through long engagements. Curr Opin Immunol. 2013;25:120-5 pubmed publisher..We discuss how T cells dynamically regulate T cell receptor signaling via antigen crosstalk, competition and consumption to accurately counter antigenic challenges. ..
- Kalinowska M, Bazdar D, Lederman M, Funderburg N, Sieg S. Decreased IL-7 responsiveness is related to oxidative stress in HIV disease. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58764 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that oxidative stress that is characteristic of HIV disease could contribute to impairments in IL-7 responsiveness and disrupt T cell homeostasis. ..
- Lucchetta E, Ohlstein B. The Drosophila midgut: a model for stem cell driven tissue regeneration. Wiley Interdiscip Rev Dev Biol. 2012;1:781-8 pubmed publisher..This review details these emerging mechanisms of tissue homeostasis and the proliferative response of ISCs to epithelial damage, environmental stresses, and aging. ..
- Rodriguez Boulan E, Macara I. Organization and execution of the epithelial polarity programme. Nat Rev Mol Cell Biol. 2014;15:225-42 pubmed publisher..Recent studies have provided insight into the interactions of the EPP with the polarized trafficking machinery and how these regulate epithelial polarization and depolarization. ..
- Malonis R, Fu W, Jelcic M, Thompson M, Canter B, Tsikitis M, et al. RNF11 sequestration of the E3 ligase SMURF2 on membranes antagonizes SMAD7 down-regulation of transforming growth factor Î² signaling. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:7435-7451 pubmed publisher..Our data suggest for the first time that the choice of binding partners for SMURF2 can sustain or repress TGFÎ² signaling, and RNF11 may promote TGFÎ²-induced cell migration. ..
- Ip N, Nye S, Boulton T, Davis S, Taga T, Li Y, et al. CNTF and LIF act on neuronal cells via shared signaling pathways that involve the IL-6 signal transducing receptor component gp130. Cell. 1992;69:1121-32 pubmed..Thus, the receptor system for CNTF is surprisingly unlike those used by the nerve growth factor family of neurotrophic factors, but is instead related to those used by a subclass of hematopoietic cytokines. ..
- Chiao E, Fisher P, Crisponi L, Deiana M, Dragatsis I, Schlessinger D, et al. Overgrowth of a mouse model of the Simpson-Golabi-Behmel syndrome is independent of IGF signaling. Dev Biol. 2002;243:185-206 pubmed..Nevertheless, our data are compatible with a model positing that there is downstream convergence of the independent signaling pathways in which either IGFs or (indirectly) GPC3 participate. ..
- Chiarle R, Gong J, Guasparri I, Pesci A, Cai J, Liu J, et al. NPM-ALK transgenic mice spontaneously develop T-cell lymphomas and plasma cell tumors. Blood. 2003;101:1919-27 pubmed..Our NPM-ALK Tg mice are a suitable model to dissect the molecular mechanisms of ALK-mediated transformation and to investigate the efficacy of new therapeutic approaches for the treatment of human ALCL in vivo. ..
- Nair V. Activation of p53 signaling initiates apoptotic death in a cellular model of Parkinson's disease. Apoptosis. 2006;11:955-66 pubmed..Thus, these data suggest that activation of p53 signaling immediately after neurotoxin exposure acts as an initiating factor to mediate apoptosis in dopaminergic cells. ..
- Yu X, Siegel R, Roeder R. Interaction of the B cell-specific transcriptional coactivator OCA-B and galectin-1 and a possible role in regulating BCR-mediated B cell proliferation. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:15505-16 pubmed..Together, these results raise the possibility that OCA-B may regulate BCR signaling through an association with galectin-1. ..
- Witkovsky P, Stell W, Ishida A. Circuits and properties of signal transmission in the retina. J Neurophysiol. 2006;96:509-11 pubmed..J. Neurophysiol 36: 619-633, 1973. Naka K-I, Marmarelis PZ, and Chan RY. Morphological and functional identifications of catfish retinal neurons. III. Functional identification. J. Neurophysiol 38: 92-131, 1975...
- Iwakura Y, Nawa H, Sora I, Chao M. Dopamine D1 receptor-induced signaling through TrkB receptors in striatal neurons. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:15799-806 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that stimulation of dopamine D1 receptors can be coupled to the neurotrophin receptor signaling to mediate the effects of dopamine upon striatal neurons. ..
- Gomes I, Grushko J, Golebiewska U, Hoogendoorn S, Gupta A, Heimann A, et al. Novel endogenous peptide agonists of cannabinoid receptors. FASEB J. 2009;23:3020-9 pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results suggest that the CB(1) receptor is involved in the integration of signals from both lipid- and peptide-derived signaling molecules. ..
- Manga P, Bis S, Knoll K, Perez B, Orlow S. The unfolded protein response in melanocytes: activation in response to chemical stressors of the endoplasmic reticulum and tyrosinase misfolding. Pigment Cell Melanoma Res. 2010;23:627-34 pubmed publisher..Thus, melanocytes adapt to ER stress by attenuating two UPR pathways. ..
- Godefroy E, Manches O, Dreno B, Hochman T, Rolnitzky L, Labarriere N, et al. Matrix metalloproteinase-2 conditions human dendritic cells to prime inflammatory T(H)2 cells via an IL-12- and OX40L-dependent pathway. Cancer Cell. 2011;19:333-46 pubmed publisher..Active MMP-2, therefore, acts as an endogenous type 2 "conditioner" and may play a role in the observed prevalence of detrimental type 2 responses in melanoma. ..
- Rabbani P, Takeo M, Chou W, Myung P, Bosenberg M, Chin L, et al. Coordinated activation of Wnt in epithelial and melanocyte stem cells initiates pigmented hair regeneration. Cell. 2011;145:941-955 pubmed publisher..Our data define a role for Wnt signaling in the regulation of McSCs and also illustrate a mechanism for regeneration of complex organs through collaboration between heterotypic stem cell populations. ..
- Woo J, MacPherson C, Liu J, Wang H, Kiba T, Hannah M, et al. The response and recovery of the Arabidopsis thaliana transcriptome to phosphate starvation. BMC Plant Biol. 2012;12:62 pubmed publisher..The work presented here describes a genome-wide resource on the molecular dynamics underpinning the response and recovery in roots and shoots of Arabidopsis thaliana to phosphate-starvation...
- Florey O, Overholtzer M. Autophagy proteins in macroendocytic engulfment. Trends Cell Biol. 2012;22:374-80 pubmed publisher..This review discusses the biological systems in which autophagy proteins have been found to regulate lysosome fusion to non-autophagic membranes...
- Golden M, Dasen J. Polycomb repressive complex 1 activities determine the columnar organization of motor neurons. Genes Dev. 2012;26:2236-50 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that graded PRC1 activities are essential in determining MN topographic organization. ..
- Petros T, Maurer C, Anderson S. Enhanced derivation of mouse ESC-derived cortical interneurons by expression of Nkx2.1. Stem Cell Res. 2013;11:647-56 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that inducible expression of fate determining genes in embryonic stem cells can be used to study fate determination of the developing forebrain. ..
- Yoshida Y, Yoshimi R, Yoshii H, Kim D, Dey A, Xiong H, et al. The transcription factor IRF8 activates integrin-mediated TGF-Î² signaling and promotes neuroinflammation. Immunity. 2014;40:187-98 pubmed publisher..Finally, IRF8 activated microglia and exacerbated neuroinflammation. Together, this work provides mechanistic bases by which IRF8 contributes to the pathogenesis of MS. ..
- Walsh D, Mohr I. Coupling 40S ribosome recruitment to modification of a cap-binding initiation factor by eIF3 subunit e. Genes Dev. 2014;28:835-40 pubmed publisher..This establishes a mechanism by which 40S ribosome loading imparts a phosphorylation mark on the cap-binding eIF4F complex that regulates selective mRNA translation and is synchronized by a specific eIF3 subunit. ..
- Yoon S, Shin S, Karreth F, Buel G, Jedrychowski M, Plas D, et al. Focal Adhesion- and IGF1R-Dependent Survival and Migratory Pathways Mediate Tumor Resistance to mTORC1/2 Inhibition. Mol Cell. 2017;67:512-527.e4 pubmed publisher..This resistance mechanism contributes to xenograft tumor cell growth, which is prevented with mTOR plus IGFR inhibitors, supporting this combination as a therapeutic approach for cancers. ..
- Elegheert J, Cvetkovska V, Clayton A, Heroven C, Vennekens K, Smukowski S, et al. Structural Mechanism for Modulation of Synaptic Neuroligin-Neurexin Signaling by MDGA Proteins. Neuron. 2017;95:896-913.e10 pubmed publisher..These results illustrate a potentially brain-wide regulatory mechanism for NL-NRX signaling modulation. ..
- Lieber T, Kidd S, Alcamo E, Corbin V, Young M. Antineurogenic phenotypes induced by truncated Notch proteins indicate a role in signal transduction and may point to a novel function for Notch in nuclei. Genes Dev. 1993;7:1949-65 pubmed..The cytoplasmic domain of Notch contains nuclear localization sequences that function in cultured cells, and one of the Notch antineurogenic proteins, the cytoplasmic domain, accumulates in nuclei in vivo. ..
- Ouchi T, Lee S, Ouchi M, Aaronson S, Horvath C. Collaboration of signal transducer and activator of transcription 1 (STAT1) and BRCA1 in differential regulation of IFN-gamma target genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:5208-13 pubmed..These findings reveal a novel mechanism for BRCA1 function in the IFN-gamma-dependent tumor surveillance system. ..
- Mansukhani A, Bellosta P, Sahni M, Basilico C. Signaling by fibroblast growth factors (FGF) and fibroblast growth factor receptor 2 (FGFR2)-activating mutations blocks mineralization and induces apoptosis in osteoblasts. J Cell Biol. 2000;149:1297-308 pubmed..These data provide the first biochemical analysis of FGF signaling in osteoblasts, and show that FGF can act as a cell death inducer with distinct effects in proliferating and differentiating osteoblasts...
- Dosil M, Schandel K, Gupta E, Jenness D, Konopka J. The C terminus of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae alpha-factor receptor contributes to the formation of preactivation complexes with its cognate G protein. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:5321-9 pubmed..These results suggest that the C-terminal cytoplasmic domain of the alpha-factor receptor, in addition to its role in receptor downregulation, promotes the formation of receptor-G-protein preactivation complexes. ..
- Sauer L, Dauchy R, Blask D. Mechanism for the antitumor and anticachectic effects of n-3 fatty acids. Cancer Res. 2000;60:5289-95 pubmed..A specific decrease in LA uptake and its conversion to the mitogen 13-HODE causes the tumor growth inhibition. ..