Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on saccharomyces cerevisiae proteins in Pennsylvania, United States
Locale: Pennsylvania, United States
Topic: saccharomyces cerevisiae proteins
- Sil A, Alam S, Xin P, Ma L, Morgan M, Lebo C, et al. The Gal3p-Gal80p-Gal4p transcription switch of yeast: Gal3p destabilizes the Gal80p-Gal4p complex in response to galactose and ATP. Mol Cell Biol. 1999;19:7828-40 pubmed
- O Connor J, Peebles C. PTA1, an essential gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae affecting pre-tRNA processing. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:3843-56 pubmed..Disruption of PTA1 near the carboxy terminus of the putative open reading frame was lethal. Possible functions of the PTA1 gene product are discussed. ..
- Brown C, Dunton D, Chiang H. The vacuole import and degradation pathway utilizes early steps of endocytosis and actin polymerization to deliver cargo proteins to the vacuole for degradation. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:1516-28 pubmed publisher..Following the fusion of endosomes with the vacuole, cargo proteins are then degraded in the vacuole. ..
- Routhier E, Burn T, Abbaszade I, Summers M, Albright C, Prendergast G. Human BIN3 complements the F-actin localization defects caused by loss of Hob3p, the fission yeast homolog of Rvs161p. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:21670-7 pubmed..These findings suggest that hob3+ and BIN3 regulate F-actin localization, like RVS161, but that other roles for this gene have diverged somewhat during evolution. ..
- Saunders W, Hornack D, Lengyel V, Deng C. The Saccharomyces cerevisiae kinesin-related motor Kar3p acts at preanaphase spindle poles to limit the number and length of cytoplasmic microtubules. J Cell Biol. 1997;137:417-31 pubmed..These results suggest that the Kar3p motor may act to regulate the length and number of microtubules in the preanaphase spindle...
- Diep C, Peng G, Bewley M, Pilauri V, Ropson I, Hopper J. Intragenic suppression of Gal3C interaction with Gal80 in the Saccharomyces cerevisiae GAL gene switch. Genetics. 2006;172:77-87 pubmed..In addition, because D368V and residues corresponding to Gal80-nonbinder mutations colocalized to a domain that is absent in homologous proteins that do not bind to Gal80, we suggest that D368 is a part of the Gal80-binding surface. ..
- Radford S, Boyle M, Sheely C, Graham J, Haeusser D, Zimmerman L, et al. Increase in Ty1 cDNA recombination in yeast sir4 mutant strains at high temperature. Genetics. 2004;168:89-101 pubmed..We speculate that the increase in recombination seen in sir4 mutants at high temperature may be due to changes in chromatin structure or Ty1 interactions with chromosomal structures resulting in higher recombination rates. ..
- Brown C, Liu J, Hung G, Carter D, Cui D, Chiang H. The Vid vesicle to vacuole trafficking event requires components of the SNARE membrane fusion machinery. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:25688-99 pubmed..In contrast, the t-SNARE Vam3p was a necessary vacuolar component. Vid vesicle-vacuole trafficking exhibits characteristics similar to heterotypic membrane fusion events. ..
- Azad A, Stanford D, Sarkar S, Hopper A. Role of nuclear pools of aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases in tRNA nuclear export. Mol Biol Cell. 2001;12:1381-92 pubmed..No genetic interactions between aminoacyl-tRNA synthetases and Los1p were detected, indicating that tRNA nuclear aminoacylation and Los1p operate in the same export pathway or there are more than two pathways for tRNA nuclear export. ..
- Vallen E, Caviston J, Bi E. Roles of Hof1p, Bni1p, Bnr1p, and myo1p in cytokinesis in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Biol Cell. 2000;11:593-611 pubmed..In bni1Delta cells that lack the actomyosin contraction, septum formation is often slow and asymmetric, suggesting that actomyosin contraction may provide directionality for efficient septum formation. ..
- Vaduva G, Martinez Quiles N, Anton I, Martin N, Geha R, Hopper A, et al. The human WASP-interacting protein, WIP, activates the cell polarity pathway in yeast. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:17103-8 pubmed..A role for WIP in cell polarity provides a framework for unifying, under a common paradigm, distinct molecular defects associated with immunodeficiencies like Wiskott-Aldrich syndrome. ..
- Sarkar S, Hopper A. tRNA nuclear export in saccharomyces cerevisiae: in situ hybridization analysis. Mol Biol Cell. 1998;9:3041-55 pubmed..Our results also argue against inappropriate subnuclear compartmentalization causing defects in pre-tRNA splicing. Rather, the data support "feedback" of nucleus/cytosol exchange to the pre-tRNA splicing machinery. ..
- Zoladek T, Tobiasz A, Vaduva G, Boguta M, Martin N, Hopper A. MDP1, a Saccharomyces cerevisiae gene involved in mitochondrial/cytoplasmic protein distribution, is identical to the ubiquitin-protein ligase gene RSP5. Genetics. 1997;145:595-603 pubmed..Identification of MDP1 as RSP5, along with our previous identification of MDP2/VRP1 and MDP3/PAN1, implicate interactions of the ubiquitin system, the actin cytoskeleton and protein synthesis in the subcellular distribution of proteins. ..
- Dang W, Steffen K, Perry R, Dorsey J, Johnson F, Shilatifard A, et al. Histone H4 lysine 16 acetylation regulates cellular lifespan. Nature. 2009;459:802-7 pubmed publisher..This pathway, distinct from existing ageing models for yeast, may represent an evolutionarily conserved function of sirtuins in regulation of replicative ageing by maintenance of intact telomeric chromatin. ..
- Yan Y, Kang B. Regulation of Vid-dependent degradation of FBPase by TCO89, a component of TOR Complex 1. Int J Biol Sci. 2010;6:361-70 pubmed..The P1S mutation of FBPase, reported to block its degradation, was observed to impair the association of FBPase with TORCI components. These results implicated an important regulatory role of TCO89 and TORCI in this pathway. ..
- Brown C, Wolfe A, Cui D, Chiang H. The vacuolar import and degradation pathway merges with the endocytic pathway to deliver fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase to the vacuole for degradation. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:26116-27 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results indicate a strong connection between the Vid trafficking pathway and the endocytic pathway. ..
- Alibhoy A, Giardina B, Dunton D, Chiang H. Vps34p is required for the decline of extracellular fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase in the vacuole import and degradation pathway. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:33080-93 pubmed..We suggest that VPS34 plays a critical role in the decline of extracellular FBPase in response to glucose. ..
- Giardina B, Dunton D, Chiang H. Vid28 protein is required for the association of vacuole import and degradation (Vid) vesicles with actin patches and the retention of Vid vesicle proteins in the intracellular fraction. J Biol Chem. 2013;288:11636-48 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the ARM domain is required for the association of Vid vesicles with actin patches and the retention of Vid vesicle proteins in the intracellular fraction. ..
- Goeckeler J, Stephens A, Lee P, Caplan A, Brodsky J. Overexpression of yeast Hsp110 homolog Sse1p suppresses ydj1-151 thermosensitivity and restores Hsp90-dependent activity. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:2760-70 pubmed..Because the folding of both v-Src kinase and human androgen receptor in yeast requires the Hsp90 complex, these data suggest that Ydj1p and Sse1p are interacting cochaperones in the Hsp90 complex and facilitate Hsp90-dependent activity. ..
- Zheng M, Ramsay A, Robichaux M, Kliment C, Crowe C, Rapaka R, et al. CD4+ T cell-independent DNA vaccination against opportunistic infections. J Clin Invest. 2005;115:3536-44 pubmed..The results of these studies show promise for CD4-independent vaccination against HIV-related or other opportunistic pathogens. ..
- Cui D, Brown C, Chiang H. The type 1 phosphatase Reg1p-Glc7p is required for the glucose-induced degradation of fructose-1,6-bisphosphatase in the vacuole. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:9713-24 pubmed..Taken together, our results suggest that Reg1p-Glc7p interaction and Glc7p phosphatase activity play a required role in the Vid vesicle to vacuole-trafficking step along the FBPase degradation pathway. ..
- Peng G, Hopper J. Evidence for Gal3p's cytoplasmic location and Gal80p's dual cytoplasmic-nuclear location implicates new mechanisms for controlling Gal4p activity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:5140-8 pubmed..These results are the first indication that the subcellular distribution dynamics of the Gal3 and Gal80 proteins play a role in regulating Gal4p-mediated GAL gene expression in vivo. ..
- Tolerico L, Benko A, Aris J, Stanford D, Martin N, Hopper A. Saccharomyces cerevisiae Mod5p-II contains sequences antagonistic for nuclear and cytosolic locations. Genetics. 1999;151:57-75 pubmed..Mod5p is highly conserved; sequences responsible for subcellular distribution appear to reside in "accessory" motifs missing from prokaryotic counterparts. ..
- Saunders W, Lengyel V, Hoyt M. Mitotic spindle function in Saccharomyces cerevisiae requires a balance between different types of kinesin-related motors. Mol Biol Cell. 1997;8:1025-33 pubmed..This is the first direct demonstration of antagonistic motors acting on the intact spindle and suggests that spindle length is determined by the relative activity of Kar3p-like and Cin8p/Kip1p-like motors. ..
- Winters C, Hong Brown L, Chiang H. The Shape of Vesicle-Containing Organelles Is Critical for Their Functions in Vesicle Endocytosis. DNA Cell Biol. 2017;36:909-921 pubmed publisher..We conclude that the shape of vesicle-containing organelles is critical for their functions in vesicle endocytosis...
- Diep C, Tao X, Pilauri V, Losiewicz M, Blank T, Hopper J. Genetic evidence for sites of interaction between the Gal3 and Gal80 proteins of the Saccharomyces cerevisiae GAL gene switch. Genetics. 2008;178:725-36 pubmed publisher..The striking colocalization of intergenic suppressor residues and Gal80 nonbinder residues identifies a Gal3 surface that likely interacts with Gal80. ..
- Hobbs C, Paul B, Gilmour S. Deregulation of polyamine biosynthesis alters intrinsic histone acetyltransferase and deacetylase activities in murine skin and tumors. Cancer Res. 2002;62:67-74 pubmed..Furthermore, they suggest that the elevated polyamine levels inherent in many solid tumors alter chromatin structure, likely affecting gene expression and promoting the neoplastic process...
- Brown C, McCann J, Chiang H. The heat shock protein Ssa2p is required for import of fructose-1, 6-bisphosphatase into Vid vesicles. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:65-76 pubmed..Thus, Ssa2p, as well as other undefined cytosolic proteins are required for the import of FBPase into vesicles. ..
- Brown C, Hung G, Dunton D, Chiang H. The TOR complex 1 is distributed in endosomes and in retrograde vesicles that form from the vacuole membrane and plays an important role in the vacuole import and degradation pathway. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:23359-70 pubmed publisher..We suggest that TORC1 interacts with multiple cargo proteins destined for the Vid pathway and plays an important role in the degradation of FBPase in the vacuole. ..