Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein transport in California, United States
Locale: California, United States
Topic: protein transport
Publications114 found, 100 shown here
- Perkins L, Yan Q, Schmidt B, Kolodieznyi D, Saurabh S, Larsen M, et al. Genetically Targeted Ratiometric and Activated pH Indicator Complexes (TRApHIC) for Receptor Trafficking. Biochemistry. 2018;57:861-871 pubmed publisher..Quantitative profiling of the endocytosis and recycling of tagged ?2-adrenergic receptor (B2AR) at a single-vesicle level revealed differences among B2AR agonists, consistent with more detailed pharmacological profiling. ..
- Dodd D, Giddings T, Kirkegaard K. Poliovirus 3A protein limits interleukin-6 (IL-6), IL-8, and beta interferon secretion during viral infection. J Virol. 2001;75:8158-65 pubmed
- Schechtman D, Craske M, Kheifets V, Meyer T, Schechtman J, Mochly Rosen D. A critical intramolecular interaction for protein kinase Cepsilon translocation. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:15831-40 pubmed..Together our data suggest that intramolecular interaction between the psiepsilonRACK site and RACK-binding site within epsilonPKC is critical and rate limiting in the process of PKC translocation. ..
- Kim M, Soontornniyomkij V, Ji B, ZHOU X. System-wide immunohistochemical analysis of protein co-localization. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e32043 pubmed publisher..Repeated use of the same section could combine assessments of co-localization and differential expression of multiple proteins. ..
- Zhang Y, Luo W, Wang H, Lin P, Vetrivel K, Liao F, et al. Nicastrin is critical for stability and trafficking but not association of other presenilin/gamma-secretase components. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:17020-6 pubmed
- Rautengarten C, Ebert B, Herter T, Petzold C, Ishii T, Mukhopadhyay A, et al. The interconversion of UDP-arabinopyranose and UDP-arabinofuranose is indispensable for plant development in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2011;23:1373-90 pubmed publisher..Concomitant downregulation of RGP1 and RGP2 expression results in plants almost completely deficient in cell wall–derived L-Ara and exhibiting severe developmental defects. ..
- Firestone A, Weinger J, Maldonado M, Barlan K, Langston L, O DONNELL M, et al. Small-molecule inhibitors of the AAA+ ATPase motor cytoplasmic dynein. Nature. 2012;484:125-9 pubmed publisher..Ciliobrevins therefore will be useful reagents for studying cellular processes that require this microtubule motor and may guide the development of additional AAA+ ATPase superfamily inhibitors. ..
- Yoo J, Moyer B, Bannykh S, Yoo H, Riordan J, Balch W. Non-conventional trafficking of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator through the early secretory pathway. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:11401-9 pubmed
- Kawai T, Akira S, Reed J. ZIP kinase triggers apoptosis from nuclear PML oncogenic domains. Mol Cell Biol. 2003;23:6174-86 pubmed..These results suggest that ZIPK, in collaboration with Daxx and Par-4, mediates a novel nuclear pathway for apoptosis. ..
- Takanaga H, Frommer W. Facilitative plasma membrane transporters function during ER transit. FASEB J. 2010;24:2849-58 pubmed publisher..Expression levels and residence time of transporters in the ER, as well as their coupling mechanisms, could be key determinants of ER permeability. ..
- Rennie E, Hansen S, Baidoo E, Hadi M, Keasling J, Scheller H. Three members of the Arabidopsis glycosyltransferase family 8 are xylan glucuronosyltransferases. Plant Physiol. 2012;159:1408-17 pubmed publisher..We also show that several related proteins, GUX2 to GUX5 and Plant Glycogenin-like Starch Initiation Protein6, are Golgi localized and that only two of these proteins, GUX2 and GUX4, have activity as xylan ?-glucuronosyltransferases. ..
- Bischoff K, Ballew A, Simon M, O Reilly A. Wing defects in Drosophila xenicid mutant clones are caused by C-terminal deletion of additional sex combs (Asx). PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e8106 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that upregulation of Ubx transforms cells from a wing blade fate to a haltere fate, and that the presence of haltere cells within the wing blade is the primary defect leading to the adult wing phenotypes observed. ..
- Tea J, Chihara T, Luo L. Histone deacetylase Rpd3 regulates olfactory projection neuron dendrite targeting via the transcription factor Prospero. J Neurosci. 2010;30:9939-46 pubmed publisher..Our study suggests a specific function for the general chromatin remodeling factor Rpd3 in regulating dendrite targeting in neurons, largely through the postmitotic action of the Pros transcription factor. ..
- Taulet N, Delorme Walker V, DerMardirossian C. Reactive oxygen species regulate protrusion efficiency by controlling actin dynamics. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41342 pubmed publisher..Thus, this study demonstrates that ROS modulate both the lamellipodium and the lamella networks to control protrusion efficiency. ..
- Chiu C, Patsch K, Cutrale F, Soundararajan A, Agus D, Fraser S, et al. Intracellular kinetics of the androgen receptor shown by multimodal Image Correlation Spectroscopy (mICS). Sci Rep. 2016;6:22435 pubmed publisher..These findings may have implications for the future design of novel therapeutics targeting the AR pathway in PCa. ..
- Don A, Martinez Lamenca C, Webb W, Proia R, Roberts E, Rosen H. Essential requirement for sphingosine kinase 2 in a sphingolipid apoptosis pathway activated by FTY720 analogues. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:15833-42 pubmed
- Catz S. Characterization of Rab27a and JFC1 as constituents of the secretory machinery of prostate-specific antigen in prostate carcinoma cells. Methods Enzymol. 2008;438:25-40 pubmed publisher..Here, we present methods for the characterization of Rab27a and its effector JFC1/Slp1 as key components of the secretory machinery that regulates exocytosis in prostate carcinoma cells. ..
- Humke E, Dorn K, Milenkovic L, Scott M, Rohatgi R. The output of Hedgehog signaling is controlled by the dynamic association between Suppressor of Fused and the Gli proteins. Genes Dev. 2010;24:670-82 pubmed publisher..We propose that the Sufu-Gli3 interaction is a major control point in the Hedgehog pathway, a pathway that plays important roles in both development and cancer. ..
- Sellmyer M, Chen L, Egeler E, Rakhit R, Wandless T. Intracellular context affects levels of a chemically dependent destabilizing domain. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e43297 pubmed publisher..These data reinforce that DD is an effective tool for protein perturbation, show that the local QC machinery affects levels of the DD, and suggest that the DD may be a useful probe for monitoring protein quality control machinery. ..
- Saito A, Hayashi T, Okuno S, Nishi T, Chan P. Modulation of p53 degradation via MDM2-mediated ubiquitylation and the ubiquitin-proteasome system during reperfusion after stroke: role of oxidative stress. J Cereb Blood Flow Metab. 2005;25:267-80 pubmed..These results suggest that SOD1 promotes the MDM2 pathway and the ubiquitin-proteasome system after tFCI and that production of reactive oxygen species after tFCI prevents p53 degradation by inhibiting both systems. ..
- Darsow T, Booker T, Piña Crespo J, Heinemann S. Exocytic trafficking is required for nicotine-induced up-regulation of alpha 4 beta 2 nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:18311-20 pubmed..Therefore, nicotine appears to regulate surface receptor levels at a step prior to initial insertion in the plasma membrane rather than by altering their endocytic trafficking or degradation rates as had been previously suggested. ..
- Venter P, Marshall D, Schneemann A. Dual roles for an arginine-rich motif in specific genome recognition and localization of viral coat protein to RNA replication sites in flock house virus-infected cells. J Virol. 2009;83:2872-82 pubmed publisher..Our results are compatible with a model in which recognition of RNA1 and RNA2 for encapsidation occurs sequentially and in distinct cellular microenvironments. ..
- Bessler J, Andersen E, Villeneuve A. Differential localization and independent acquisition of the H3K9me2 and H3K9me3 chromatin modifications in the Caenorhabditis elegans adult germ line. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1000830 pubmed publisher..Further, these and other data support a model in which these two modifications function independently in adult C. elegans germ cells...
- Kehlenbach R, Assheuer R, Kehlenbach A, Becker J, Gerace L. Stimulation of nuclear export and inhibition of nuclear import by a Ran mutant deficient in binding to Ran-binding protein 1. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:14524-31 pubmed..These results provide physiological evidence that release of Ran-GTP from importin beta by RanBP1 and importin alpha is critical for the recycling of importin beta to a transport-competent state. ..
- Lunn M, Nassirpour R, Arrabit C, Tan J, McLeod I, Arias C, et al. A unique sorting nexin regulates trafficking of potassium channels via a PDZ domain interaction. Nat Neurosci. 2007;10:1249-59 pubmed..The regulation of endosomal trafficking via sorting nexins reveals a previously unknown mechanism for controlling potassium channel surface expression. ..
- Fu G, Xu T, Shi Y, Wei N, Yang X. tRNA-controlled nuclear import of a human tRNA synthetase. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:9330-4 pubmed publisher..The design in principle should coordinate nuclear import of a tRNA synthetase with the demands of protein synthesis in the cytoplasm. ..
- Moseley J, Chang C, Grossman A. Genome-based approaches to understanding phosphorus deprivation responses and PSR1 control in Chlamydomonas reinhardtii. Eukaryot Cell. 2006;5:26-44 pubmed
- Perroud T, Kaiser J, Sy J, Lane T, Branda C, Singh A, et al. Microfluidic-based cell sorting of Francisella tularensis infected macrophages using optical forces. Anal Chem. 2008;80:6365-72 pubmed publisher..novicida. A total of 10,738 infected cells were sorted at a throughput of 11 cells/s with 93% purity and 39% recovery. ..
- Fleming T, Shin J, Lee S, Becker E, Huang K, Bustamante C, et al. Dynamic SpoIIIE assembly mediates septal membrane fission during Bacillus subtilis sporulation. Genes Dev. 2010;24:1160-72 pubmed publisher..We propose a new model for the role of SpoIIIE assembly in septal membrane fission that has strong implications for how the chromosome terminus crosses the septum. ..
- Gao H, Toro T, Paschini M, Braunstein Ballew B, Cervantes R, Lundblad V. Telomerase recruitment in Saccharomyces cerevisiae is not dependent on Tel1-mediated phosphorylation of Cdc13. Genetics. 2010;186:1147-59 pubmed publisher..We propose an alternative model for the role of Tel1 in telomere homeostasis, which is based on the assumption that Tel1 performs the same molecular task at double-strand breaks (DSBs) and chromosome termini. ..
- Nottingham R, Pusapati G, Ganley I, Barr F, Lambright D, Pfeffer S. RUTBC2 protein, a Rab9A effector and GTPase-activating protein for Rab36. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:22740-8 pubmed publisher..These data show that RUTBC2 can act as a Rab36 GAP in cells and suggest that RUTBC2 links Rab9A function to Rab36 function in the endosomal system. ..
- Yoshimoto K, Arora K, Brooks C. Hexameric helicase deconstructed: interplay of conformational changes and substrate coupling. Biophys J. 2010;98:1449-57 pubmed publisher..Overall, these findings may provide clues toward understanding the mechanism of substrate translocation in other motor proteins. ..
- Dunn A, Spudich J. Dynamics of the unbound head during myosin V processive translocation. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2007;14:246-8 pubmed..We find that the unbound head rotates freely about the lever-arm junction, a trait that likely facilitates travel through crowded actin meshworks. ..
- MacLeod D, Nakatsuji T, Yamasaki K, Kobzik L, Gallo R. HSV-1 exploits the innate immune scavenger receptor MARCO to enhance epithelial adsorption and infection. Nat Commun. 2013;4:1963 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate that herpes simplex virus type 1 binds to MARCO to enhance its capacity for disease, and suggests a new therapeutic target to alter pathogenicity of herpes simplex virus type 1 in skin infection. ..
- Wu S, Fagan R, Uttamapinant C, Lifshitz L, Fogarty K, Ting A, et al. The Dopamine Transporter Recycles via a Retromer-Dependent Postendocytic Mechanism: Tracking Studies Using a Novel Fluorophore-Coupling Approach. J Neurosci. 2017;37:9438-9452 pubmed publisher..In addition to shedding light on this critical process, these findings resolve conflict among multiple, seemingly disparate, previous reports on DAT's postendocytic fate. ..
- Balana B, Bahima L, Bodhinathan K, Taura J, Taylor N, Nettleton M, et al. Ras-association domain of sorting Nexin 27 is critical for regulating expression of GIRK potassium channels. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e59800 pubmed publisher..Thus, the presence of a functional RA domain and the interaction with Ras-like G proteins comprise a novel mechanism for modulating SNX27b control of GIRK channel surface expression and cellular excitability. ..
- Xu B, Fu Y, Liu Y, Agvanian S, Wirka R, Baum R, et al. The ESCRT-III pathway facilitates cardiomyocyte release of cBIN1-containing microparticles. PLoS Biol. 2017;15:e2002354 pubmed publisher..This study links the BAR protein superfamily to the ESCRT pathway for MP biogenesis in mammalian cardiac ventricular cells, identifying elements of a pathway by which cytoplasmic cBIN1 is released into blood. ..
- Gassmann R, Holland A, Varma D, Wan X, Civril F, Cleveland D, et al. Removal of Spindly from microtubule-attached kinetochores controls spindle checkpoint silencing in human cells. Genes Dev. 2010;24:957-71 pubmed publisher..In the absence of Spindly, a second mechanism silences the checkpoint; this mechanism is likely evolutionarily ancient, as fungi and higher plants lack kinetochore dynein. ..
- Cuajungco M, Grimm C, Oshima K, D hoedt D, Nilius B, Mensenkamp A, et al. PACSINs bind to the TRPV4 cation channel. PACSIN 3 modulates the subcellular localization of TRPV4. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:18753-62 pubmed..Such a functional interaction could be important in cell types that show distribution of both proteins to the same subcellular regions such as renal tubule cells where the proteins are associated with the luminal plasma membrane. ..
- Shen W, Patel S, Miyoshi H, Greenberg A, Kraemer F. Functional interaction of hormone-sensitive lipase and perilipin in lipolysis. J Lipid Res. 2009;50:2306-13 pubmed publisher..The results suggest the translocation of HSL to the lipid droplet occurs by virtue of Plin localization to the surface of lipid droplets and a physical interaction of HSL occurring with sequences within the N-terminal region of Plin. ..
- Zhao B, Li L, Lu Q, Wang L, Liu C, Lei Q, et al. Angiomotin is a novel Hippo pathway component that inhibits YAP oncoprotein. Genes Dev. 2011;25:51-63 pubmed publisher..These observations provide a potential link between the Hippo pathway and cell contact inhibition...
- Yeh E, Derisi J. Chemical rescue of malaria parasites lacking an apicoplast defines organelle function in blood-stage Plasmodium falciparum. PLoS Biol. 2011;9:e1001138 pubmed publisher..Moreover, apicoplast-minus P. falciparum strains will be a powerful tool for further investigation of apicoplast biology as well as drug and vaccine development. ..
- Jin L, Pahuja K, Wickliffe K, Gorur A, Baumgärtel C, Schekman R, et al. Ubiquitin-dependent regulation of COPII coat size and function. Nature. 2012;482:495-500 pubmed publisher..As a result, ubiquitylation by CUL3-KLHL12 is essential for collagen export, yet less important for the transport of small cargo. We conclude that monoubiquitylation controls the size and function of a vesicle coat. ..
- Escusa Toret S, Vonk W, Frydman J. Spatial sequestration of misfolded proteins by a dynamic chaperone pathway enhances cellular fitness during stress. Nat Cell Biol. 2013;15:1231-43 pubmed publisher..We conclude that spatial sequestration of misfolded proteins in Q-bodies is an early quality control strategy occurring synchronously with degradation to clear the cytoplasm of potentially toxic species. ..
- Tsunoda S, Sun Y, Suzuki E, Zuker C. Independent anchoring and assembly mechanisms of INAD signaling complexes in Drosophila photoreceptors. J Neurosci. 2001;21:150-8 pubmed..This may be a general mechanism used by cells to target different signaling machinery to the pertinent subcellular location. ..
- Sivars U, Aivazian D, Pfeffer S. Yip3 catalyses the dissociation of endosomal Rab-GDI complexes. Nature. 2003;425:856-9 pubmed..We propose that the conserved Yip proteins serve as GDI-displacement factors for the targeting of Rab GTPases in eukaryotic cells. ..
- Okamoto K, Bartocci C, Ouzounov I, Diedrich J, Yates J, Denchi E. A two-step mechanism for TRF2-mediated chromosome-end protection. Nature. 2013;494:502-5 pubmed publisher..This two-step mechanism for TRF2-mediated end protection helps to explain the apparent paradox of frequent localization of DDR proteins at functional telomeres without concurrent induction of detrimental DNA-repair activities. ..
- Parrish W, Stefan C, Emr S. Essential role for the myotubularin-related phosphatase Ymr1p and the synaptojanin-like phosphatases Sjl2p and Sjl3p in regulation of phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate in yeast. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:3567-79 pubmed..In addition, this work defined an essential overlapping role for lipid phosphatases in the regulation of 3' phosphoinositides in yeast. ..
- Lloyd D, Hall F, Tarantino L, Gekakis N. Diabetes insipidus in mice with a mutation in aquaporin-2. PLoS Genet. 2005;1:e20 pubmed..This novel mouse model allows for further mechanistic studies as well as testing of pharmacological and gene therapies for NDI...
- Heit J, Apelqvist A, Gu X, Winslow M, Neilson J, Crabtree G, et al. Calcineurin/NFAT signalling regulates pancreatic beta-cell growth and function. Nature. 2006;443:345-9 pubmed..Thus, calcineurin/NFAT signalling regulates multiple factors that control growth and hallmark beta-cell functions, revealing unique models for the pathogenesis and therapy of diabetes. ..
- Yang X, Ongusaha P, Miles P, Havstad J, Zhang F, So W, et al. Phosphoinositide signalling links O-GlcNAc transferase to insulin resistance. Nature. 2008;451:964-9 pubmed publisher..These findings identify a molecular mechanism by which nutritional cues regulate insulin signalling through O-GlcNAc, and underscore the contribution of this modification to the aetiology of insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes. ..
- Mahapatra N, Taupenot L, Courel M, Mahata S, O Connor D. The trans-Golgi proteins SCLIP and SCG10 interact with chromogranin A to regulate neuroendocrine secretion. Biochemistry. 2008;47:7167-78 pubmed publisher..We conclude that SCLIP and SCG10 interact with CHGA, share partial colocalization in the Golgi apparatus, and may be necessary for typical transmitter storage and release from chromaffin cells. ..
- Lim S, Mikolon D, Stupack D, Schlaepfer D. FERM control of FAK function: implications for cancer therapy. Cell Cycle. 2008;7:2306-14 pubmed..We discuss how the pharmacological inhibition of FAK kinase activity may impact tumor progression through combined effects of blocking both tumor- and stromal-associated signaling regulating neo-vascularization. ..
- Wagner M, Smolka M, de Bruin R, Zhou H, Wittenberg C, Dowdy S. Whi5 regulation by site specific CDK-phosphorylation in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e4300 pubmed publisher..Although these four Whi5 CDK sites do not wholly determine Whi5 nuclear export, they do impact regulation of cell size. Taken together, these observations begin to dissect the regulatory role of specific phosphorylation sites on Whi5. ..
- Liu Y, Zhang Y, Wang X, Zhang H, You X, Liao F, et al. Intracellular trafficking of presenilin 1 is regulated by beta-amyloid precursor protein and phospholipase D1. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:12145-52 pubmed publisher..Our results clearly elucidate a physiological function of APP in regulating protein trafficking and suggest that intracellular trafficking of PS1/gamma-secretase is regulated by multiple factors, including APP and PLD1. ..
- Sann S, Crane M, Lu H, Jin Y. Rabx-5 regulates RAB-5 early endosomal compartments and synaptic vesicles in C. elegans. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e37930 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that rabx-5 regulation of RAB-5 compartments is important for maintaining proper synaptic function throughout the lifetime...
- Lin I, Sosso D, Chen L, Gase K, Kim S, Kessler D, et al. Nectar secretion requires sucrose phosphate synthases and the sugar transporter SWEET9. Nature. 2014;508:546-9 pubmed publisher..The recruitment of SWEET9 for sucrose export may have been a key innovation, and could have coincided with the evolution of core eudicots and contributed to the evolution of nectar secretion to reward pollinators...
- Zhang J, Johnson J, He J, Napolitano G, Ramadass M, Rocca C, et al. Cystinosin, the small GTPase Rab11, and the Rab7 effector RILP regulate intracellular trafficking of the chaperone-mediated autophagy receptor LAMP2A. J Biol Chem. 2017;292:10328-10346 pubmed publisher..Altogether, we show that LAMP2A trafficking is regulated by cystinosin, Rab11, and RILP and that CMA up-regulation is a potential clinically relevant mechanism to increase cell survival in cystinosis. ..
- Ben Efraim I, Gerace L. Gradient of increasing affinity of importin beta for nucleoporins along the pathway of nuclear import. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:411-7 pubmed..These results indicate that nucleoporins themselves, as well as the nucleocytoplasmic compartmentalization of the Ran system, are likely to play an important role in conferring directionality to nuclear protein import. ..
- Lavoie C, Meerloo T, Lin P, Farquhar M. Calnuc, an EF-hand Ca(2+)-binding protein, is stored and processed in the Golgi and secreted by the constitutive-like pathway in AtT20 cells. Mol Endocrinol. 2002;16:2462-74 pubmed..Together, these observations indicate that calnuc has a unique itinerary as it is retained in the Golgi and is then constitutively secreted extracellularly where it may influence cell behavior via its Ca(2+)-binding properties. ..
- Wu C, MacCoss M, Mardones G, Finnigan C, Mogelsvang S, Yates J, et al. Organellar proteomics reveals Golgi arginine dimethylation. Mol Biol Cell. 2004;15:2907-19 pubmed
- Rajan R, Kopito R. Suppression of wild-type rhodopsin maturation by mutants linked to autosomal dominant retinitis pigmentosa. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:1284-91 pubmed..These data suggested a dominant negative effect on conformational maturation that may underlie the dominant inheritance of ARDP. ..
- Kim H, Puglisi J, Chu S. Fluctuations of transfer RNAs between classical and hybrid states. Biophys J. 2007;93:3575-82 pubmed..The antibiotic viomycin, a translocation inhibitor, suppresses tRNA dynamics, suggesting that the enhanced fluctuations of tRNAs after peptide-bond formation drive spontaneous attempts at translocation by the ribosome. ..
- Makarenkova H, Gonzalez K, Kiosses W, Meech R. Barx2 controls myoblast fusion and promotes MyoD-mediated activation of the smooth muscle alpha-actin gene. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:14866-74 pubmed publisher..Overall these data indicate that Barx2 cooperates with other muscle-expressed transcription factors to regulate the early cytoskeletal remodeling events that underlie efficient myoblast differentiation. ..
- Cavero S, Limbo O, Russell P. Critical functions of Rpa3/Ssb3 in S-phase DNA damage responses in fission yeast. PLoS Genet. 2010;6:e1001138 pubmed publisher..From these studies we propose that Ssb3 plays a critical role in mediating RPA functions that are required for repair or tolerance of DNA lesions in S-phase. Rpa3 orthologs in humans and other species may have a similar function. ..
- Bouchecareilh M, Hutt D, Szajner P, Flotte T, Balch W. Histone deacetylase inhibitor (HDACi) suberoylanilide hydroxamic acid (SAHA)-mediated correction of ?1-antitrypsin deficiency. J Biol Chem. 2012;287:38265-78 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that HDAC activity can influence Z-?1AT protein traffic and that SAHA may represent a potential therapeutic approach for ?1ATD and other protein misfolding diseases. ..
- De Ingeniis J, Ratnikov B, Richardson A, Scott D, Aza Blanc P, De S, et al. Functional specialization in proline biosynthesis of melanoma. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e45190 pubmed publisher..PYCRL, localized in the cytosol, is exclusively linked to the conversion of ornithine to proline. This analysis provides the first clarification of the role of PYCRs to proline biosynthesis...
- Chen J, Shpall R, Meyerdierks A, Hagemeier M, Bottger E, Naumovski L. Interferon-inducible Myc/STAT-interacting protein Nmi associates with IFP 35 into a high molecular mass complex and inhibits proteasome-mediated degradation of IFP 35. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:36278-84 pubmed..The stabilization of IFP 35 by Nmi may serve to amplify the physiologic effects of IFNs. ..
- Ryan M, Shooter E, Notterpek L. Aggresome formation in neuropathy models based on peripheral myelin protein 22 mutations. Neurobiol Dis. 2002;10:109-18 pubmed..Thus, the presence of aggresomes appears to be a common finding in neuropathy models of PMP22 overexpression and of some point mutations known to cause neuropathy in mice and humans. ..
- Natarajan P, Forte T, Chu B, Phillips M, Oram J, Bielicki J. Identification of an apolipoprotein A-I structural element that mediates cellular cholesterol efflux and stabilizes ATP binding cassette transporter A1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:24044-52 pubmed..These results suggest that a specific structural element possessing a linear array of acidic residues spanning two apoA-I amphipathic alpha-helices is required to mediate cholesterol efflux and stabilize ABCA1...
- Wreden C, Wlizla M, Reimer R. Varied mechanisms underlie the free sialic acid storage disorders. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:1408-16 pubmed..This analysis of the molecular mechanism of sialic acid storage disorders is a further step in identifying therapeutic approaches to these diseases...
- Koizumi H, Higginbotham H, Poon T, Tanaka T, Brinkman B, Gleeson J. Doublecortin maintains bipolar shape and nuclear translocation during migration in the adult forebrain. Nat Neurosci. 2006;9:779-86 pubmed..DCX is required for nuclear translocation and maintenance of bipolar morphology during migration of these cells. Our data identifies a critical function for DCX in the movement of newly generated neurons in the adult brain. ..
- Lee H, Lim C, Puzon McLaughlin W, Shattil S, Ginsberg M. RIAM activates integrins by linking talin to ras GTPase membrane-targeting sequences. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:5119-27 pubmed publisher..These data establish the mechanism whereby MRL proteins interact with both talin and Ras GTPases to activate integrins. ..
- Belkhadir Y, Durbak A, Wierzba M, Schmitz R, Aguirre A, Michel R, et al. Intragenic suppression of a trafficking-defective brassinosteroid receptor mutant in Arabidopsis. Genetics. 2010;185:1283-96 pubmed publisher..Collectively, our results point toward a model in which bri1-R1 compensates for the protein-folding abnormalities caused by bri1-5, restoring accumulation of the receptor and its delivery to the cell surface. ..
- Zeitlin S, Chapados B, Baker N, Tai C, Slupphaug G, Wang J. Uracil DNA N-glycosylase promotes assembly of human centromere protein A. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e17151 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our data are consistent with a model in which the N-terminus of UNG2 interacts with the active site of the enzyme and with chromatin. ..
- Chang C, Clarke A, Pillus L. Suppression analysis of esa1 mutants in Saccharomyces cerevisiae links NAB3 to transcriptional silencing and nucleolar functions. G3 (Bethesda). 2012;2:1223-32 pubmed publisher..In addition, nuclear localization of Nab3 was altered in the esa1 mutant. Finally, posttranslational acetylation of Nab3 was detected in vivo and found to be influenced by ESA1. ..
- Kuang E, Okumura C, Sheffy Levin S, Varsano T, Shu V, Qi J, et al. Regulation of ATG4B stability by RNF5 limits basal levels of autophagy and influences susceptibility to bacterial infection. PLoS Genet. 2012;8:e1003007 pubmed publisher..Collectively, the RNF5-mediated control of membranalATG4B reveals a novel layer in the regulation of LC3 processing and autophagy. ..
- Newmyer S, Schmid S. Dominant-interfering Hsc70 mutants disrupt multiple stages of the clathrin-coated vesicle cycle in vivo. J Cell Biol. 2001;152:607-20 pubmed..Our findings demonstrate that hsc70 indeed regulates coat disassembly and also suggest that this chaperone broadly modulates clathrin dynamics throughout the CCV cycle...
- Okuno S, Saito A, Hayashi T, Chan P. The c-Jun N-terminal protein kinase signaling pathway mediates Bax activation and subsequent neuronal apoptosis through interaction with Bim after transient focal cerebral ischemia. J Neurosci. 2004;24:7879-87 pubmed
- Scott E, Pillus L. Homocitrate synthase connects amino acid metabolism to chromatin functions through Esa1 and DNA damage. Genes Dev. 2010;24:1903-13 pubmed publisher..Thus, Lys20 appears to have evolved as a bifunctional protein that connects cellular metabolism with chromatin functions. ..