Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on protein kinase c in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Topic: protein kinase c
Publications120 found, 100 shown here
- Yang L, Liu G, Zakharov S, Morrow J, Rybin V, Steinberg S, et al. Ser1928 is a common site for Cav1.2 phosphorylation by protein kinase C isoforms. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:207-14 pubmed..Our results identify two mechanisms leading to regulation of Ca(v)1.2 activity by PKC: pre-association of the channel with PKC isoforms and phosphorylation of specific sites within the alpha(1c) subunit. ..
- Totong R, Achilleos A, Nance J. PAR-6 is required for junction formation but not apicobasal polarization in C. elegans embryonic epithelial cells. Development. 2007;134:1259-68 pubmed..Thus, whereas the role of PAR-6 in junction formation appears to be widely conserved, PAR-6-independent mechanisms can be used to polarize epithelial cells. ..
- Salvatore M, Garcia Sastre A, Ruchala P, Lehrer R, Chang T, Klotman M. alpha-Defensin inhibits influenza virus replication by cell-mediated mechanism(s). J Infect Dis. 2007;196:835-43 pubmed..Our data expand the previously known activity of alpha -defensins against influenza virus. Characterizing the mechanism of action of alpha -defensins may lead to the identification of new strategies for prevention and therapy. ..
- Rybin V, Guo J, Steinberg S. Protein kinase D1 autophosphorylation via distinct mechanisms at Ser744/Ser748 and Ser916. J Biol Chem. 2009;284:2332-43 pubmed publisher..Rather, autophosphorylation at Ser916 is required for subsequent autophosphorylation at Ser748. Finally, this study exposes a novel role for Ser916 and/or Ser748 autophosphorylation to terminate the cellular PKD1 signaling response. ..
- Miyaki A, Yang P, Tai H, Subbaramaiah K, Dannenberg A. Bile acids inhibit NAD+-dependent 15-hydroxyprostaglandin dehydrogenase transcription in colonocytes. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2009;297:G559-66 pubmed publisher..These results provide new mechanistic insights into the link between bile acids and gastrointestinal carcinogenesis. ..
- Merino E, Abeyweera T, Firth M, Zawislak C, Basu R, Liu X, et al. Protein kinase C-? clustering at immunological synapses amplifies effector responses in NK cells. J Immunol. 2012;189:4859-69 pubmed publisher..Taken together, our results provide a cell biological basis for the role of PKC? clustering during NK cell activation, and highlight the importance of subcellular compartmentalization for lymphocyte signal transduction. ..
- Ossipova O, Tabler J, Green J, Sokol S. PAR1 specifies ciliated cells in vertebrate ectoderm downstream of aPKC. Development. 2007;134:4297-306 pubmed publisher..The observed patterning mechanism may operate in a wide range of epithelial tissues in many species...
- Tseng S, Waite J, Liu M, Vardhana S, Dustin M. T cell-dendritic cell immunological synapses contain TCR-dependent CD28-CD80 clusters that recruit protein kinase C theta. J Immunol. 2008;181:4852-63 pubmed..Thus, the T cell-DC interface contains dynamic costimulatory foci that share characteristics of microclusters and cSMACs. ..
- Weyerbacher A, Xu Q, Tamasdan C, Shin S, Inturrisi C. N-Methyl-D-aspartate receptor (NMDAR) independent maintenance of inflammatory pain. Pain. 2010;148:237-46 pubmed publisher..Effective reduction of the initiation and maintenance of inflammatory pain requires targeting the neuron-astrocyte-cytokine interactions revealed in these studies. ..
- Chapline C, Mousseau B, Ramsay K, Duddy S, Li Y, Kiley S, et al. Identification of a major protein kinase C-binding protein and substrate in rat embryo fibroblasts. Decreased expression in transformed cells. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:6417-22 pubmed..Our results emphasize that the role of PKCs in carcinogenesis may involve several factors, including the quantity and location of the PKCs isozymes and their downstream targets. ..
- Bowman J, Steinberg S, Jiang T, Geenen D, Fishman G, Buttrick P. Expression of protein kinase C beta in the heart causes hypertrophy in adult mice and sudden death in neonates. J Clin Invest. 1997;100:2189-95 pubmed..Thus, the PKC signaling pathway in cardiocytes has different effects depending on the timing of expression and, in the adult, is sufficient to induce pathologic hypertrophy. ..
- Hilfiker S, Pieribone V, Nordstedt C, Greengard P, Czernik A. Regulation of synaptotagmin I phosphorylation by multiple protein kinases. J Neurochem. 1999;73:921-32 pubmed..The results suggest the possibility that the phosphorylation of synaptotagmin I by CaMKII and PKC contributes to the mechanism(s) by which these two kinases regulate neurotransmitter release. ..
- Su T, Suzui M, Wang L, Lin C, Xing W, Weinstein I. Deletion of histidine triad nucleotide-binding protein 1/PKC-interacting protein in mice enhances cell growth and carcinogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:7824-9 pubmed..Taken together, these findings suggest that, like FHIT, PKCI may normally play a tumor-suppressor role. The possible role of PKCI as a tumor suppressor in humans remains to be determined. ..
- Solecki D, Model L, Gaetz J, Kapoor T, Hatten M. Par6alpha signaling controls glial-guided neuronal migration. Nat Neurosci. 2004;7:1195-203 pubmed..Thus, we propose that during neuronal migration the centrosome acts to coordinate cytoskeletal dynamics in response to mPar6alpha-mediated signaling. ..
- Du Z, Shen Y, Yang W, Mecklenbrauker I, Neel B, Ivashkiv L. Inhibition of IFN-alpha signaling by a PKC- and protein tyrosine phosphatase SHP-2-dependent pathway. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2005;102:10267-72 pubmed..Together, our data describe a rapidly inducible, direct mechanism of inhibition of Jak-STAT signaling mediated by a PKCbeta-SHP-2 signaling pathway. ..
- Dollar G, Weber U, Mlodzik M, Sokol S. Regulation of Lethal giant larvae by Dishevelled. Nature. 2005;437:1376-80 pubmed..These findings suggest a molecular basis for the regulation of cell polarity by Frizzled and Dishevelled. ..
- Du Z, Kelly E, Mecklenbrauker I, Agle L, Herrero C, Paik P, et al. Selective regulation of IL-10 signaling and function by zymosan. J Immunol. 2006;176:4785-92 pubmed..The fate of individual cells in an inflammatory microenvironment is thus specified by dynamic interactions among host cells, microbes, and cytokines that determine the balance between protection and pathology. ..
- Tu S, Chi A, Lim S, Cui G, Dubeykovskaya Z, Ai W, et al. Gastrin regulates the TFF2 promoter through gastrin-responsive cis-acting elements and multiple signaling pathways. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol. 2007;292:G1726-37 pubmed..Regulation of TFF2 by gastrin may play a role in the maintenance and repair of the gastrointestinal mucosa. ..
- Cheng H, Suzuki M, Hegarty D, Xu Q, Weyerbacher A, South S, et al. Inflammatory pain-induced signaling events following a conditional deletion of the N-methyl-D-aspartate receptor in spinal cord dorsal horn. Neuroscience. 2008;155:948-58 pubmed publisher..Our findings provide evidence that inflammatory reactions are responsible for the recurrence of pain after NR1 KO in the SCDH. ..
- Wang W, Yue P, Sun P, Lin D. Regulation and function of potassium channels in aldosterone-sensitive distal nephron. Curr Opin Nephrol Hypertens. 2010;19:463-70 pubmed publisher..New factors and mechanisms by which hormones and dietary K intake regulate apical K secretory channels expand the current knowledge regarding renal K handling. ..
- Ladage D, Tilemann L, Ishikawa K, Correll R, Kawase Y, Houser S, et al. Inhibition of PKC?/? with ruboxistaurin antagonizes heart failure in pigs after myocardial infarction injury. Circ Res. 2011;109:1396-400 pubmed publisher..These results provide additional evidence in a large animal model of disease that PKC?/? inhibition (with ruboxistaurin) represents a tenable and novel therapeutic approach for treating human heart failure. ..
- Brand S, Kobayashi R, Mathews M. The Tat protein of human immunodeficiency virus type 1 is a substrate and inhibitor of the interferon-induced, virally activated protein kinase, PKR. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:8388-95 pubmed
- Shih M, Lin F, Scott J, Wang H, Malbon C. Dynamic complexes of beta2-adrenergic receptors with protein kinases and phosphatases and the role of gravin. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:1588-95 pubmed..These data are the first to reveal dynamic complexes of beta-adrenergic receptors with protein kinases and phosphatases acting via an anchoring protein, gravin. ..
- Li B, Ishii T, Tan C, Soh J, Goff S. Pathways of induction of peroxiredoxin I expression in osteoblasts: roles of p38 mitogen-activated protein kinase and protein kinase C. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:12418-22 pubmed
- Rybin V, Sabri A, Short J, Braz J, Molkentin J, Steinberg S. Cross-regulation of novel protein kinase C (PKC) isoform function in cardiomyocytes. Role of PKC epsilon in activation loop phosphorylations and PKC delta in hydrophobic motif phosphorylations. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:14555-64 pubmed
- Abbas T, White D, Hui L, Yoshida K, Foster D, Bargonetti J. Inhibition of human p53 basal transcription by down-regulation of protein kinase Cdelta. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:9970-7 pubmed..Therefore, the tumor-suppressing effects of PKC delta are mediated at least in part through activating p53 transcription. ..
- Bakshi K, Gennaro S, CHAN C, Kosciuk M, Liu J, Stucky A, et al. Prenatal cocaine reduces AMPA receptor synaptic expression through hyperphosphorylation of the synaptic anchoring protein GRIP. J Neurosci. 2009;29:6308-19 pubmed publisher..These data support the restoration of AMPAR activation via suppressing excessive PKC-mediated GRIP phosphorylation as a novel therapeutic approach to treat the neurobehavioral consequences of prenatal cocaine. ..
- Abdillahi M, Ananthakrishnan R, Vedantham S, Shang L, Zhu Z, Rosario R, et al. Aldose reductase modulates cardiac glycogen synthase kinase-3? phosphorylation during ischemia-reperfusion. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol. 2012;303:H297-308 pubmed publisher..In summary, AR mediates changes in p-GSK3?, in part, via PKC?/? and Akt during I/R. ..
- Lee G, Gilman M. Dual modes of control of c-fos mRNA induction by intracellular calcium in T cells. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:4579-87 pubmed..This effect requires the serum response element of the c-fos gene and an additional sequence immediately 3' to this element. Thus, calcium regulates c-fos expression through at least two distinct molecular pathways. ..
- Guinamard R, Signoret N, Ishiai M, Marsh M, Kurosaki T, Ravetch J, et al. B cell antigen receptor engagement inhibits stromal cell-derived factor (SDF)-1alpha chemotaxis and promotes protein kinase C (PKC)-induced internalization of CXCR4. J Exp Med. 1999;189:1461-6 pubmed..These studies suggest that one pathway by which BCR stimulation results in inhibition of SDF-1alpha migration is through PKC-dependent downregulation of CXCR4. ..
- Nishikawa T, Edelstein D, Du X, Yamagishi S, Matsumura T, Kaneda Y, et al. Normalizing mitochondrial superoxide production blocks three pathways of hyperglycaemic damage. Nature. 2000;404:787-90 pubmed..Normalizing levels of mitochondrial reactive oxygen species with each of these agents prevents glucose-induced activation of protein kinase C, formation of advanced glycation end-products, sorbitol accumulation and NFkappaB activation. ..
- Gschwend J, Fair W, Powell C. Bryostatin 1 induces prolonged activation of extracellular regulated protein kinases in and apoptosis of LNCaP human prostate cancer cells overexpressing protein kinase calpha. Mol Pharmacol. 2000;57:1224-34 pubmed..These results confirm a role of prolonged membrane-associated PKCalpha in PKC activator-mediated LNCaP apoptosis and suggest involvement of the mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway. ..
- Lee H, Emala C. Protein kinase C and G(i/o) proteins are involved in adenosine- and ischemic preconditioning-mediated renal protection. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2001;12:233-40 pubmed..Unlike cardiac IPC, bradykinin, muscarinic, and opioid receptors do not mediate renal IPC. ..
- Morshed S, Latif R, Davies T. Characterization of thyrotropin receptor antibody-induced signaling cascades. Endocrinology. 2009;150:519-29 pubmed publisher..Because downstream thyroid cell signaling by the TSHR is both ligand dependent and independent, this may explain why TSHR-Abs are able to have variable influences on thyroid cell biology. ..
- Yang Y, Wang X, Zhou Q. Perisynaptic GluR2-lacking AMPA receptors control the reversibility of synaptic and spines modifications. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:11999-2004 pubmed publisher..Thus, perisynaptic GluR2-lacking AMPARs play a critical role in controlling the reversibility of both synaptic and spine modifications. ..
- Aris J, Basta P, Holmes W, Ballas L, Moomaw C, Rankl N, et al. Molecular and biochemical characterization of a recombinant human PKC-delta family member. Biochim Biophys Acta. 1993;1174:171-81 pubmed..The dissimilarities in the predicted amino acid sequences between the human and other mammalian species could account in part for some of these observed biochemical differences. ..
- Faisal Khan K, Laurie G, McCaffrey T, Falcone D. Exposure of cryptic domains in the alpha 1-chain of laminin-1 by elastase stimulates macrophages urokinase and matrix metalloproteinase-9 expression. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:13778-86 pubmed..Based on these data, we conclude that cryptic domains in the COOH-terminal portion of the alpha1-chain of laminin are exposed by proteolysis and stimulate macrophages' proteinase expression. ..
- Stoletov K, Ratcliffe K, Terman B. Fibroblast growth factor receptor substrate 2 participates in vascular endothelial growth factor-induced signaling. FASEB J. 2002;16:1283-5 pubmed..The ability of FRS2 to recruit cell-signaling proteins to the cell is significant because it provides a mechanism for enhancing the repertoire of VEGF-induced signaling pathways. ..
- Torocsik B, Angelastro J, Greene L. The basic region and leucine zipper transcription factor MafK is a new nerve growth factor-responsive immediate early gene that regulates neurite outgrowth. J Neurosci. 2002;22:8971-80 pubmed..Our findings support a role for MafK as a novel regulator of neuronal differentiation. ..
- Edelstein J, Hao T, Cao Q, Morales L, Rockwell P. Crosstalk between VEGFR2 and muscarinic receptors regulates the mTOR pathway in serum starved SK-N-SH human neuroblastoma cells. Cell Signal. 2011;23:239-48 pubmed publisher..Accordingly, our findings suggest that mAchRs crosstalk with VEGFR2 to enhance mTOR activity but signal divergent effects on survival through alternate mechanisms. ..
- He K, Sui G, Xiong H, Broekman M, Huang B, Marcus A, et al. Feedback regulation of endothelial cell surface plasmin generation by PKC-dependent phosphorylation of annexin A2. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:15428-39 pubmed publisher..We propose that plasmin can limit its own generation by triggering a finely tuned "feedback" mechanism whereby A2 becomes serine-phosphorylated, dissociates from p11, and fails to translocate to the cell surface. ..
- Hara Y, Punsoni M, Yuk F, Park C, Janssen W, Rapp P, et al. Synaptic distributions of GluA2 and PKM? in the monkey dentate gyrus and their relationships with aging and memory. J Neurosci. 2012;32:7336-44 pubmed publisher..Together, these findings suggest that age-related impairment in maintenance of GluA2 at the synapse in the primate hippocampus is coupled with memory deficits...
- Huang H, Amin V, Gurin M, Wan E, Thorp E, Homma S, et al. Diet-induced obesity causes long QT and reduces transcription of voltage-gated potassium channels. J Mol Cell Cardiol. 2013;59:151-8 pubmed publisher..Our results identify a mechanism for obesity-induced electrophysiologic remodeling in the heart, namely PKD-induced reduction of CREB, which in turn decreases expression of the potassium channel Kv1.5. ..
- Lu R, Chan B, Schuster V. Cloning of the human kidney PAH transporter: narrow substrate specificity and regulation by protein kinase C. Am J Physiol. 1999;276:F295-303 pubmed..Thus the protein kinase C-mediated inhibition of basolateral organic anion entry previously reported in intact tubules is likely due, at least in part, to direct modulation of the PAH/alpha-ketoglutarate exchanger. ..
- Hoyos B, Imam A, Chua R, Swenson C, Tong G, Levi E, et al. The cysteine-rich regions of the regulatory domains of Raf and protein kinase C as retinoid receptors. J Exp Med. 2000;192:835-45 pubmed..We propose that bound retinol, owing to its electron transfer capacity, functions as a tag to enable the efficient and directed redox activation of the cRaf and PKC families of kinases. ..
- Gogarten W, Emala C, Lindeman K, Hirshman C. Oxytocin and lysophosphatidic acid induce stress fiber formation in human myometrial cells via a pathway involving Rho-kinase. Biol Reprod. 2001;65:401-6 pubmed..Rho-kinase appears to be a key signaling factor in this pathway. ..
- Iqbal J, Kumar K, Sun L, Zaidi M. Selective upregulation of the ADP-ribosyl cyclases CD38 and CD157 by TNF but not by RANK-L reveals differences in downstream signaling. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2006;291:F557-66 pubmed
- Wallace S, Magalhaes A, Hall A. The Rho target PRK2 regulates apical junction formation in human bronchial epithelial cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2011;31:81-91 pubmed publisher..We conclude that PRK2 is recruited to nascent cell-cell contacts through its C2-like and Rho-binding domains and promotes junctional maturation through a kinase-dependent pathway. ..
- Cox A, Der C, Philips M. Targeting RAS Membrane Association: Back to the Future for Anti-RAS Drug Discovery?. Clin Cancer Res. 2015;21:1819-27 pubmed publisher..Clin Cancer Res; 21(8); 1819-27. ©2015 AACR. See all articles in this CCR Focus section, "Targeting RAS-Driven Cancers." ..
- Li Z, Rossi E, Hoheisel J, Kalderon D, Rubin C. Generation of a novel A kinase anchor protein and a myristoylated alanine-rich C kinase substrate-like analog from a single gene. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:27191-200 pubmed..Enhancement or suppression of exon 5 excision during DAKAP200 pre-mRNA processing provides potential mechanisms for regulating anchoring of PKAII and targeting of cAMP signals to effector sites in cytoskeleton and/or organelles. ..
- Lee H, Emala C. Adenosine attenuates oxidant injury in human proximal tubular cells via A(1) and A(2a) adenosine receptors. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2002;282:F844-52 pubmed..We concluded that A(1)- and A(2a)-AR activation protects HK-2 cells against H(2)O(2)-induced injury by means of distinct signaling pathways that require new gene transcription and new protein synthesis. ..
- Fujita T, Asai T, Andrassy M, Stern D, Pinsky D, Zou Y, et al. PKCbeta regulates ischemia/reperfusion injury in the lung. J Clin Invest. 2004;113:1615-23 pubmed..These findings elucidate key roles for PKCbetaII activation in I/R by coordinated activation of MAPKs (ERK1/2, JNK) and Egr-1. ..
- Lau C, Takayasu Y, Rodenas Ruano A, Paternain A, Lerma J, Bennett M, et al. SNAP-25 is a target of protein kinase C phosphorylation critical to NMDA receptor trafficking. J Neurosci. 2010;30:242-54 pubmed publisher..These findings identify SNAP-25 as the target of PKC phosphorylation critical to PKC-dependent incorporation of synaptic NMDARs and document a postsynaptic action of this major SNARE protein relevant to synaptic plasticity. ..
- Rotenberg S, Weinstein I. Two polychlorinated hydrocarbons cause phospholipid-dependent protein kinase C activation in vitro in the absence of calcium. Mol Carcinog. 1991;4:477-81 pubmed..Future studies are required to determine the relevance of PKC activation by kepone and dicofol to the known carcinogenicity of these compounds. ..
- Sossin W, Schwartz J. Ca(2+)-independent protein kinase Cs contain an amino-terminal domain similar to the C2 consensus sequence. Trends Biochem Sci. 1993;18:207-8 pubmed
- Steinberg S. Structural basis of protein kinase C isoform function. Physiol Rev. 2008;88:1341-78 pubmed publisher..e., that impart functional specificity) should provide the basis for the design of novel PKC isoform-specific activator or inhibitor compounds that can achieve therapeutically useful changes in PKC signaling in cells. ..
- Di Como C, Chang H, Arndt K. Activation of CLN1 and CLN2 G1 cyclin gene expression by BCK2. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:1835-46 pubmed..Moreover, overexpression of BCK2 induces very high levels of CLN1, CLN2, and HCS26 RNAs. The results suggest that BCK2 and CLN3 provide parallel activation pathways for the expression of CLN1 and CLN2 during late G1. ..
- Rossi E, Li Z, Feng H, Rubin C. Characterization of the targeting, binding, and phosphorylation site domains of an A kinase anchor protein and a myristoylated alanine-rich C kinase substrate-like analog that are encoded by a single gene. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:27201-10 pubmed
- Sun Z, Arendt C, Ellmeier W, Schaeffer E, Sunshine M, Gandhi L, et al. PKC-theta is required for TCR-induced NF-kappaB activation in mature but not immature T lymphocytes. Nature. 2000;404:402-7 pubmed..These results indicate that PKC-theta functions in a unique pathway that links the TCR signalling complex to the activation of NF-kappaB in mature T lymphocytes. ..
- Francesconi A, Duvoisin R. Opposing effects of protein kinase C and protein kinase A on metabotropic glutamate receptor signaling: selective desensitization of the inositol trisphosphate/Ca2+ pathway by phosphorylation of the receptor-G protein-coupling domain. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:6185-90 pubmed
- Hermanto U, Zong C, Li W, Wang L. RACK1, an insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) receptor-interacting protein, modulates IGF-I-dependent integrin signaling and promotes cell spreading and contact with extracellular matrix. Mol Cell Biol. 2002;22:2345-65 pubmed
- Rybin V, Guo J, Sabri A, Elouardighi H, Schaefer E, Steinberg S. Stimulus-specific differences in protein kinase C delta localization and activation mechanisms in cardiomyocytes. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:19350-61 pubmed..The stimulus-specific modes for PKC delta signaling identified in this study allow for distinct PKC delta-mediated phosphorylation events and responses during growth factor stimulation and oxidant stress in cardiomyocytes. ..
- Coward J, Ambrosini G, Musi E, Truman J, Haimovitz Friedman A, Allegood J, et al. Safingol (L-threo-sphinganine) induces autophagy in solid tumor cells through inhibition of PKC and the PI3-kinase pathway. Autophagy. 2009;5:184-93 pubmed..Thus, our studies establish that safingol induces autophagy through inhibition of PKCs and PI3k by safingol directly rather than via changes in endogenous sphingolipids. ..
- Alexandropoulos K, Joseph C, Spangler R, Foster D. Evidence that a G-protein transduces signals initiated by the protein-tyrosine kinase v-Fps. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:15583-6 pubmed..The data suggest that a G-protein functions upstream from PKC in a signaling pathway that connects v-Fps PTK activity to increased 9E3 gene expression. ..
- Tan T, Jia R, Roeder R. Utilization of signal transduction pathway by the human T-cell leukemia virus type I transcriptional activator tax. J Virol. 1989;63:3761-8 pubmed
- Cho Y, Klein M, Talmage D. Distinct functions of protein kinase Calpha and protein kinase Cbeta during retinoic acid-induced differentiation of F9 cells. Cell Growth Differ. 1998;9:147-54 pubmed
- Subbaramaiah K, Yoshimatsu K, Scherl E, Das K, Glazier K, Golijanin D, et al. Microsomal prostaglandin E synthase-1 is overexpressed in inflammatory bowel disease. Evidence for involvement of the transcription factor Egr-1. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:12647-58 pubmed..Moreover, TNF-alpha induced mPGES-1 by stimulating PC-PLC --> PKC --> NO --> cGMP --> PKG signal transduction pathway. ..
- Wallace S, Durgan J, Jin D, Hall A. Cdc42 regulates apical junction formation in human bronchial epithelial cells through PAK4 and Par6B. Mol Biol Cell. 2010;21:2996-3006 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrates that controlled regulation of PAK4 is required for apical junction formation in lung epithelial cells and highlights potential cross-talk between two Cdc42 targets, PAK4 and Par6B. ..
- Choi S, Ruf Zamojski F, Pincas H, Roysam B, Sealfon S. Characterization of a MAPK scaffolding protein logic gate in gonadotropes. Mol Endocrinol. 2011;25:1027-39 pubmed publisher..We propose that PEA-15 represents a novel point of convergence of the PKC and MAPK/ERK pathways under GnRH stimulation. PKC, ERK, and PEA-15 form an AND logic gate that shapes the response of the gonadotrope cell to GnRH. ..
- Lev S, Moreno H, Martinez R, Canoll P, Peles E, Musacchio J, et al. Protein tyrosine kinase PYK2 involved in Ca(2+)-induced regulation of ion channel and MAP kinase functions. Nature. 1995;376:737-45 pubmed..PYK2 activation may provide a mechanism for a variety of short- and long-term calcium-dependent signalling events in the nervous system. ..
- Dong L, Chapline C, Mousseau B, Fowler L, Ramsay K, Stevens J, et al. 35H, a sequence isolated as a protein kinase C binding protein, is a novel member of the adducin family. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:25534-40 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that 35H is a new, widely expressed form of adducin capable of forming heterodimers with alpha-adducin. We propose naming this adducin homologue gamma-adducin. ..
- Sossin W, Diaz Arrastia R, Schwartz J. Characterization of two isoforms of protein kinase C in the nervous system of Aplysia californica. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:5763-8 pubmed..The simplicity of the PKC isoform distribution in Aplysia makes this mollusc an attractive animal for understanding the differential regulation and physiological activities of Ca(2+)-activated and Ca(2+)-independent PKCs. ..
- Huang K, Symington L. Suppressors of a Saccharomyces cerevisiae pkc1 mutation identify alleles of the phosphatase gene PTC1 and of a novel gene encoding a putative basic leucine zipper protein. Genetics. 1995;141:1275-85 pubmed..Because PTC1 was initially isolated as a component of the Hog1p MAPK pathway, it appears that these two MAPK cascades share a common regulatory feature. ..
- Strom A, Castella P, Rockwood J, Wagner J, Caudy M. Mediation of NGF signaling by post-translational inhibition of HES-1, a basic helix-loop-helix repressor of neuronal differentiation. Genes Dev. 1997;11:3168-81 pubmed..These results suggest that post-translational inhibition of HES-1 is both essential for and partially mediates the induction of neurite outgrowth by NGF signaling. ..
- Zhang L, Wu S, Rubin C. Structural properties and mechanisms that govern association of C kinase adapter 1 with protein kinase C3 and the cell periphery. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:10476-84 pubmed..Activities of DAG-stimulated PKCs and opposing protein Ser/Thr phosphatases can dynamically regulate the distribution of adapter protein between the cell periphery and cytoplasm. ..
- Drier E, Tello M, Cowan M, Wu P, Blace N, Sacktor T, et al. Memory enhancement and formation by atypical PKM activity in Drosophila melanogaster. Nat Neurosci. 2002;5:316-24 pubmed..Finally, induction of DaPKM after training also enhanced memory. These results show that atypical PKM is sufficient to enhance memory in Drosophila and suggest that it is necessary for normal memory maintenance. ..
- Walter M, Chen F, Tamari F, Wang R, Ioannou Y. Endosomal lipid accumulation in NPC1 leads to inhibition of PKC, hypophosphorylation of vimentin and Rab9 entrapment. Biol Cell. 2009;101:141-52 pubmed publisher..These results reveal a previously unappreciated interaction between Rab proteins and intermediate filaments in regulating intracellular lipid transport. ..
- Rashel M, Alston N, Ghazizadeh S. Protein kinase D1 has a key role in wound healing and skin carcinogenesis. J Invest Dermatol. 2014;134:902-909 pubmed publisher..These results revealed a critical proproliferative role for PKD1 in epidermal adaptive responses, suggesting a potential therapeutic target in skin wound and cancer treatment. ..
- Alexandropoulos K, Qureshi S, Bruder J, Rapp U, Foster D. The induction of Egr-1 expression by v-Fps is via a protein kinase C-independent intracellular signal that is sequentially dependent upon HaRas and Raf-1. Cell Growth Differ. 1992;3:731-7 pubmed..These data suggest that v-Fps activates a protein kinase C-independent intracellular signaling pathway that is dependent on both HaRas and Raf-1, where Raf-1 functions downstream of HaRas. ..
- Ge H, Zhao Y, Chait B, Roeder R. Phosphorylation negatively regulates the function of coactivator PC4. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1994;91:12691-5 pubmed..These observations provide one example of a transcriptional cofactor that is negatively regulated by casein kinase II phosphorylation. ..
- Vyas Y, Maniar H, Dupont B. Cutting edge: differential segregation of the SRC homology 2-containing protein tyrosine phosphatase-1 within the early NK cell immune synapse distinguishes noncytolytic from cytolytic interactions. J Immunol. 2002;168:3150-4 pubmed..Our studies indicate that the spatial location of SHP-1 in the synapse distinguishes noncytolytic from cytolytic interactions within the first minute. ..
- Soh J, Weinstein I. Roles of specific isoforms of protein kinase C in the transcriptional control of cyclin D1 and related genes. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:34709-16 pubmed..These results provide evidence that the activation of PKC-alpha or PKC-epsilon in mouse fibroblasts can play an important role in enhancing cell cycle progression and cell proliferation. ..
- Blagden C, Fromm L, Burden S. Accelerated response of the myogenin gene to denervation in mutant mice lacking phosphorylation of myogenin at threonine 87. Mol Cell Biol. 2004;24:1983-9 pubmed
- Lechler T, Fuchs E. Asymmetric cell divisions promote stratification and differentiation of mammalian skin. Nature. 2005;437:275-80 pubmed..We further demonstrate that integrins and cadherins are essential for the apical localization of atypical protein kinase C, the Par3-LGN-Inscuteable complex and NuMA-dynactin to align the spindle. ..
- Liu W, Wei Y, Sun P, Wang W, Kleyman T, Satlin L. Mechanoregulation of BK channel activity in the mammalian cortical collecting duct: role of protein kinases A and C. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2009;297:F904-15 pubmed publisher..The specific targets of the kinases remain to be identified. ..
- Tang S, Gao Y, Ware J. Enhancement of endothelial cell migration and in vitro tube formation by TAP20, a novel beta 5 integrin-modulating, PKC theta-dependent protein. J Cell Biol. 1999;147:1073-84 pubmed..Thus, the discovery of TAP20, which interacts with integrin beta5 and modulates cell adhesion, migration, and tube formation, further defines a possible pathway to angiogenesis dependent on PKCtheta. ..
- Mecklenbrauker I, Saijo K, Zheng N, Leitges M, Tarakhovsky A. Protein kinase Cdelta controls self-antigen-induced B-cell tolerance. Nature. 2002;416:860-5 pubmed..As deficiency of PKC-delta does not affect BCR-mediated B-cell activation in vitro and in vivo, our data suggest a selective and essential role of PKC-delta in tolerogenic, but not immunogenic, B-cell responses. ..
- Chang T, Vargas J, DelPortillo A, Klotman M. Dual role of alpha-defensin-1 in anti-HIV-1 innate immunity. J Clin Invest. 2005;115:765-73 pubmed..Studying the complex function of alpha-defensin-1 in innate immunity against HIV has implications for prevention as well as therapeutics. ..
- Volonte C, Greene L. 6-Methylmercaptopurine riboside is a potent and selective inhibitor of nerve growth factor-activated protein kinase N. J Neurochem. 1992;58:700-8 pubmed..These findings suggest that 6-MMPR is a potent and selective agent for characterizing PKN in vitro and for assessing its potential role in the multiple pathways of the NGF mechanism of action. ..
- Kane N, Robichon A, Dickinson J, Greenspan R. Learning without performance in PKC-deficient Drosophila. Neuron. 1997;18:307-14 pubmed..They fail to show immediate suppression of courtship but nonetheless develop normal memory of it. ..