Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on pregnancy in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Publications694 found, 100 shown here
- Brown A, Vinogradov S, Kremen W, Poole J, Bao Y, Kern D, et al. Association of maternal genital and reproductive infections with verbal memory and motor deficits in adult schizophrenia. Psychiatry Res. 2011;188:179-86 pubmed publisher..Although independent replications are warranted, maternal G/R infections were associated with verbal memory and motor function deficits in African-American patients with schizophrenia. ..
- Anderson B, Rhee D, Abellar R, Glickstein J. Congenital coronary arteriopathy and myocardial infarctions occur with tricuspid atresia. Pediatr Cardiol. 2013;34:1247-9 pubmed publisher..The child had a pulseless arrest immediately after birth. Autopsy showed multiple areas of infarction ranging in age from acute to >10 days old. ..
- Cuckle H, Maymon R. Development of prenatal screening--A historical overview. Semin Perinatol. 2016;40:12-22 pubmed publisher..Prenatal screening for cardiac abnormalities, fragile X syndrome and recessive genetic disorders is underutilized and public health planners should considered a more widespread application of available methods. ..
- Erkan D, Salmon J. The Role of Complement Inhibition in Thrombotic Angiopathies and Antiphospholipid Syndrome. Turk J Haematol. 2016;33:1-7 pubmed publisher..Halen devam etmekte olan ve gelecekte yap?lacak klinik çal??malar, aPL-pozitif hastalar?n yönetiminde kompleman inhibitörlerinin rolünü belirlemede yard?mc? olacakt?r. ..
- Dao B, Vanage G, Marshall A, Bardin C, Koide S. Anti-implantation activity of antiestrogens and mifepristone. Contraception. 1996;54:253-8 pubmed..Estradiol prevented pregnancy at a dose of 1 mcg/kg/day. RU-486 did not potentiate estradiol. These findings suggest that the synergistic effect of anordrin, anordiol, tamoxifen, and RU39411 may be unique to these antiestrogens. ..
- Rowlands T, Pechenkina I, Hatsell S, Pestell R, Cowin P. Dissecting the roles of beta-catenin and cyclin D1 during mammary development and neoplasia. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:11400-5 pubmed..Thus, alveologenesis is a two-step process, and cyclin D1 activity during late alveologenesis cannot be replaced by the activity of other beta-catenin target genes that successfully drive proliferation at earlier stages. ..
- Finer L, Frohwirth L, Dauphinee L, Singh S, Moore A. Timing of steps and reasons for delays in obtaining abortions in the United States. Contraception. 2006;74:334-44 pubmed..Poor women were about twice as likely to be delayed by difficulties in making arrangements. Financial limitations and lack of knowledge about pregnancy may make it more difficult for some women to obtain early abortion. ..
- Bulloch K, Miller M, Gal Toth J, Milner T, Gottfried Blackmore A, Waters E, et al. CD11c/EYFP transgene illuminates a discrete network of dendritic cells within the embryonic, neonatal, adult, and injured mouse brain. J Comp Neurol. 2008;508:687-710 pubmed publisher..Collectively, these findings suggest a new member of the dendritic cell family residing among the heterogeneous microglia population. ..
- Williams M, Rundle A, Holmes D, Reyes M, Hoepner L, Barr D, et al. Changes in pest infestation levels, self-reported pesticide use, and permethrin exposure during pregnancy after the 2000-2001 U.S. Environmental Protection Agency restriction of organophosphates. Environ Health Perspect. 2008;116:1681-8 pubmed publisher..This is one of the first studies to document widespread residential exposure to PBO. ..
- Buyon J, Clancy R, Friedman D. Cardiac manifestations of neonatal lupus erythematosus: guidelines to management, integrating clues from the bench and bedside. Nat Clin Pract Rheumatol. 2009;5:139-48 pubmed publisher..Intravenous immunoglobulin is being evaluated as a potential prophylactic approach in mothers who have previously had an affected child. ..
- Qiu Z, Cang Y, Goff S. Abl family tyrosine kinases are essential for basement membrane integrity and cortical lamination in the cerebellum. J Neurosci. 2010;30:14430-9 pubmed publisher..Together, these results provide compelling evidence that Abl and Arg play key redundant roles in BM maintenance and cortical lamination in the cerebellum. ..
- D Antonio F, Palacios Jaraquemada J, Lim P, Forlani F, Lanzone A, Timor Tritsch I, et al. Counseling in fetal medicine: evidence-based answers to clinical questions on morbidly adherent placenta. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2016;47:290-301 pubmed publisher..The optimal surgical approach to MAP depends on multiple factors, including availability of an experienced team, specific surgical skills and hospital resources. Copyright Â© 2015 ISUOG. Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd. ..
- Cardenas A, Rifas Shiman S, Godderis L, Duca R, Navas Acien A, Litonjua A, et al. Prenatal Exposure to Mercury: Associations with Global DNA Methylation and Hydroxymethylation in Cord Blood and in Childhood. Environ Health Perspect. 2017;125:087022 pubmed publisher..To date, no studies have evaluated the association between prenatal mercury exposure and DNA hydroxymethylation, an epigenetic modification important for tissue differentiation and embryonic development...
- Budorick N, O Boyle M. Prenatal diagnosis for detection of aneuploidy: the options. Radiol Clin North Am. 2003;41:695-708 pubmed
- Monteagudo A, Kudla M, Essig M, Santos R, Timor Tritsch I. Real-time and 3-dimensional sonographic diagnosis of postural congenital genu recurvatum. J Ultrasound Med. 2006;25:1079-83 pubmed
- El Sayed A, Galea S. Changes in the relationship between marriage and preterm birth, 1989-2006. Public Health Rep. 2011;126:717-25 pubmed..The influence of social factors on risk for adverse birth outcomes is likely dynamic, suggesting that ongoing revisions to our understanding are in order. ..
- Pazos M, Kraus T, Munoz Fontela C, Moran T. Estrogen mediates innate and adaptive immune alterations to influenza infection in pregnant mice. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40502 pubmed publisher..We conclude that elevated estrogen levels result in an attenuated anti-viral immune response, and that pregnancy-associated morbidities occur in the context of this anti-inflammatory phenotype. ..
- Brady M, Manning J. Lessons from reproductive health to inform multipurpose prevention technologies: don't reinvent the wheel. Antiviral Res. 2013;100 Suppl:S25-31 pubmed publisher..It forms part of a special supplement to Antiviral Research. ..
- Kadison A, Maldonado T, Crisera C, Longaker M, Gittes G. In vitro validation of duct differentiation in developing embryonic mouse pancreas. J Surg Res. 2000;90:126-30 pubmed..These data validate our in vitro system as a model for studying the mechanism of normal pancreatic duct differentiation and may potentially help us to understand the faulty mechanism involved in pancreatic ductal carcinogenesis. ..
- Wei J, Li P, Chiriboga L, Mizuguchi M, Yee H, Miller D, et al. Tuberous sclerosis in a 19-week fetus: immunohistochemical and molecular study of hamartin and tuberin. Pediatr Dev Pathol. 2002;5:448-64 pubmed
- Smilenov L, Lieberman H, Mitchell S, Baker R, Hopkins K, Hall E. Combined haploinsufficiency for ATM and RAD9 as a factor in cell transformation, apoptosis, and DNA lesion repair dynamics. Cancer Res. 2005;65:933-8 pubmed
- Phillips L, Makaryus A, Beldner S, Spatz A, Smith Levitin M, Marchant D. Coronary artery dissection during pregnancy treated with medical therapy. Cardiol Rev. 2006;14:155-7 pubmed..We report the case of a coronary artery dissection during a twin pregnancy involving the left anterior descending artery. Successful treatment with medical management was possible once spontaneous reperfusion had been achieved. ..
- Gyamfi C, Juhasz G, Gyamfi P, Blumenfeld Y, Stone J. Single- versus double-layer uterine incision closure and uterine rupture. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2006;19:639-43 pubmed..To evaluate whether closure of the uterine incision with one or two layers changes uterine rupture or vaginal birth after cesarean section (VBAC) success rates...
- Scheinfeld N. Pruritic urticarial papules and plaques of pregnancy wholly abated with one week twice daily application of fluticasone propionate lotion: a case report and review of the literature. Dermatol Online J. 2008;14:4 pubmed..PUPPP can abate entirely during pregnancy. Fluticasone propionate 0.05 percent lotion, a class 5 (low-medium potency) corticosteroid, has a benign side effect profile and should be considered for the treatment of PUPPP during pregnancy. ..
- Sezen D, Bongiovanni A, Gelber S, Perni U, Hutson J, Skupski D, et al. Gelsolin down-regulates lipopolysaccharide-induced intraamniotic tumor necrosis factor-alpha production in the midtrimester of pregnancy. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2009;200:191.e1-4 pubmed publisher..01). There was no relationship between gelsolin and IL-10 production. Gelsolin is present in midtrimester amniotic fluid, binds to LPS, and inhibits the induction of TNF-alpha. ..
- Nigam A. The effects of institutional change on geographic variation and health services use in the U.S.A. Soc Sci Med. 2012;74:323-331 pubmed publisher..The analysis extends prior research by documenting the impact of institutional change on health services use and variation and by suggesting that geographic variation is caused, in part, by the diffusion of new patient care practices. ..
- Vuguin P, Hartil K, Kruse M, Kaur H, Lin C, Fiallo A, et al. Shared effects of genetic and intrauterine and perinatal environment on the development of metabolic syndrome. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e63021 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that the interaction between in utero-perinatal environment and genotype plays a critical role in the developmental origin of health and disease. ..
- Duffany K, McVeigh K, Kershaw T, Lipkind H, Ickovics J. Maternal Obesity: Risks for Developmental Delays in Early Childhood. Matern Child Health J. 2016;20:219-30 pubmed publisher..While causation remains uncertain, this adds to the growing body of research reporting an association between maternal obesity and neurodevelopmental delays in offspring. ..
- Fox N, Gupta S, Lam Rachlin J, Rebarber A, Klauser C, Saltzman D. Cervical Pessary and Vaginal Progesterone in Twin Pregnancies With a Short Cervix. Obstet Gynecol. 2016;127:625-30 pubmed publisher..A large randomized trial should be performed to verify these retrospective findings. ..
- Rodríguez Barrueco R, Nekritz E, Bertucci F, Yu J, Sanchez Garcia F, Zeleke T, et al. miR-424(322)/503 is a breast cancer tumor suppressor whose loss promotes resistance to chemotherapy. Genes Dev. 2017;31:553-566 pubmed publisher..Overall, our studies reveal miR-424(322)/503 as a tumor suppressor in breast cancer and provide a link between mammary epithelial involution, tumorigenesis, and the phenomenon of chemoresistance. ..
- McCord C, Mbaruku G, Pereira C, Nzabuhakwa C, Bergstrom S. The quality of emergency obstetrical surgery by assistant medical officers in Tanzanian district hospitals. Health Aff (Millwood). 2009;28:w876-85 pubmed publisher..There were significant differences between mission and government hospitals. ..
- Marcus R, Shimamura K, Sretavan D, Lai E, Rubenstein J, Mason C. Domains of regulatory gene expression and the developing optic chiasm: correspondence with retinal axon paths and candidate signaling cells. J Comp Neurol. 1999;403:346-58 pubmed..Together, these data support the hypothesis that molecularly distinct, longitudinally aligned domains in the forebrain regulate the pattern of retinal axon projections in the developing hypothalamus. ..
- Kovalevskaya G, Genbacev O, Fisher S, Caceres E, O Connor J. Trophoblast origin of hCG isoforms: cytotrophoblasts are the primary source of choriocarcinoma-like hCG. Mol Cell Endocrinol. 2002;194:147-55 pubmed..The inversion of the B152/B109 ratio observed after 6-7 weeks of pregnancy can be explained by the reduction of number of villus CTBs and/or by maturation of STBs. ..
- Lee M, Wang Z, Yee H, Ma Y, Swenson N, Yang L, et al. Expression and regulation of glucocorticoid receptor in human placental villous fibroblasts. Endocrinology. 2005;146:4619-26 pubmed..Such cell type-specific differences in GR protein expression and phosphorylation may provide the means of differentially regulating the GC response among the cells of the human placenta. ..
- Blum J, Alfirevic Z, Walraven G, Weeks A, Winikoff B. Treatment of postpartum hemorrhage with misoprostol. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2007;99 Suppl 2:S202-5 pubmed..For this reason, we recommend a single dose of misoprostol 600 microg oral or sublingual for PPH treatment in instances when other treatments have either failed to work or are not available. ..
- Monk C, Fifer W, Myers M, Bagiella E, Duong J, Chen I, et al. Effects of maternal breathing rate, psychiatric status, and cortisol on fetal heart rate. Dev Psychobiol. 2011;53:221-33 pubmed publisher..06). These findings indicate that variation in fetal HR reactivity-an index of emerging regulatory capacities-is likely influenced by multiple acute and chronic factors associated with women's psychobiology. ..
- La Merrill M, Torres Sanchez L, Ruiz Ramos R, Lopez Carrillo L, Cebrian M, Chen J. The association between first trimester micronutrient intake, MTHFR genotypes, and global DNA methylation in pregnant women. J Matern Fetal Neonatal Med. 2012;25:133-7 pubmed publisher..8 fold increased risk of hypomethylation in women carrying the MTHFR 677 T allele. There exists a subpopulation that is more susceptible to B vitamin deficiencies. ..
- Wapner R, Driscoll D, Simpson J. Integration of microarray technology into prenatal diagnosis: counselling issues generated during the NICHD clinical trial. Prenat Diagn. 2012;32:396-400 pubmed publisher..Of equal import is additional research into patient attitudes and desires, and a better understanding of the full phenotypic spectrum of copy number variants discovered in utero...
- Gleicher N, Kim A, Weghofer A, Shohat Tal A, Lazzaroni E, Lee H, et al. Starting and resulting testosterone levels after androgen supplementation determine at all ages in vitro fertilization (IVF) pregnancy rates in women with diminished ovarian reserve (DOR). J Assist Reprod Genet. 2013;30:49-62 pubmed publisher
- Dragatsi D, Mejia B, Polania L, Sirulnik L, Kahn D. Court-mandated outpatient psychiatric care for a pregnant woman with psychosis: a unique bridge to alliance. J Psychiatr Pract. 2013;19:247-53 pubmed publisher..The ultimate benefit of this AOT application was the development of a therapeutic alliance and improved voluntary adherence to treatment, and a safe outcome to the pregnancy. ..
- Darroch J, Singh S. Trends in contraceptive need and use in developing countries in 2003, 2008, and 2012: an analysis of national surveys. Lancet. 2013;381:1756-62 pubmed publisher..Our findings confirm a substantial and unfinished agenda towards meeting of couples' reproductive needs. UK Department for International Development, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, and the UN Population Fund (UNFPA). ..
- Ikematsu W, Luan F, La Rosa L, Beltrami B, Nicoletti F, Buyon J, et al. Human anticardiolipin monoclonal autoantibodies cause placental necrosis and fetal loss in BALB/c mice. Arthritis Rheum. 1998;41:1026-39 pubmed..These findings were accompanied by a finding of placental human IgG deposition and necrosis in the aCL MAb-treated animals. The results of this study indicate that human aCL IgG that are beta2-GPI independent can induce pathology. ..
- Aijaz A, Nelson J, Naseer N. Management of heparin allergy in pregnancy. Am J Hematol. 2001;67:268-9 pubmed..This report describes a case of heparin allergy in a pregnant patient with recurrent DVT that was successfully managed with hirudin and coumadin. ..
- Sylvestre G, Fisher M, Westgren M, Divon M. Non-reassuring fetal status in the prolonged pregnancy: the impact of fetal weight. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2001;18:244-7 pubmed..In addition, small fetuses born at or beyond 41 weeks' gestation have an increased rate of Cesarean delivery for intrapartum non-reassuring fetal status. ..
- Landrigan P, Lioy P, Thurston G, Berkowitz G, Chen L, Chillrud S, et al. Health and environmental consequences of the world trade center disaster. Environ Health Perspect. 2004;112:731-9 pubmed..Continuing follow-up of all exposed populations is required to document the long-term consequences of the disaster. ..
- Weissmann Brenner A, O Reilly Green C, Ferber A, Divon M. Does the availability of maternal HbA1c results improve the accuracy of sonographic diagnosis of macrosomia?. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol. 2004;23:466-71 pubmed..The area under the ROC curve of HbA1c in the prediction of macrosomia was 0.53 (P = 0.27). Maternal HbA1c is not a useful test in the prediction of birth weight. It therefore cannot be used to improve the accuracy of sonographic EFW. ..
- Glickstein S, Alexander S, Ross M. Differences in cyclin D2 and D1 protein expression distinguish forebrain progenitor subsets. Cereb Cortex. 2007;17:632-42 pubmed..Throughout forebrain development, both overlapping and nonoverlapping protein expression of these cyclins suggests the presence of shared and unique cell cycle requirements for neurogenesis that distinguishes progenitor pools. ..
- Babulas V, Factor Litvak P, Goetz R, Schaefer C, Brown A. Prenatal exposure to maternal genital and reproductive infections and adult schizophrenia. Am J Psychiatry. 2006;163:927-9 pubmed..Maternal G/R infection during periconception appears to increase the risk of schizophrenia in offspring. ..
- Manzini M, Ward M, Zhang Q, Lieberman M, Mason C. The stop signal revised: immature cerebellar granule neurons in the external germinal layer arrest pontine mossy fiber growth. J Neurosci. 2006;26:6040-51 pubmed..We found that the stop-growing signals are dependent on heparin-binding factors, and we propose that such signals in the EGL restrict the extension of mossy fiber afferents and prevent invasion of proliferative regions. ..
- Rosenfield A, Min C, Freedman L. Making motherhood safe in developing countries. N Engl J Med. 2007;356:1395-7 pubmed
- Jean A, Mansukhani M, Oberfield S, Fennoy I, Nakamoto J, Atwan M, et al. Prenatal diagnosis of congenital lipoid adrenal hyperplasia (CLAH) by estriol amniotic fluid analysis and molecular genetic testing. Prenat Diagn. 2008;28:11-4 pubmed
- Gleicher N, Weghofer A, Barad D. Preimplantation genetic screening: "established" and ready for prime time?. Fertil Steril. 2008;89:780-8 pubmed publisher..Because specific PGS indications have remained undefined, PGS should be considered an experimental procedure. ..
- Bonanno C, Wapner R. Antenatal corticosteroid treatment: what's happened since Drs Liggins and Howie?. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2009;200:448-57 pubmed publisher..Thus, antenatal corticosteroids may prove valuable in the late preterm period and before elective cesarean delivery at term. ..
- Kabat G, Park Y, Hollenbeck A, Schatzkin A, Rohan T. Reproductive factors and exogenous hormone use and risk of adult glioma in women in the NIH-AARP Diet and Health Study. Int J Cancer. 2011;128:944-50 pubmed publisher..The present study provides only limited support for the hypothesis that menstrual/reproductive factors or exogenous hormone use play a role in gliogenesis. ..
- Siekhaus D, Haesemeyer M, Moffitt O, Lehmann R. RhoL controls invasion and Rap1 localization during immune cell transmigration in Drosophila. Nat Cell Biol. 2010;12:605-10 pubmed publisher..Our work establishes the utility of Drosophila for identifying novel components of immune cell transmigration and for understanding the in vivo interplay of immune cells with the barriers they penetrate. ..
- Todd C, Stibich M, Laher F, Malta M, Bastos F, Imbuki K, et al. Influence of culture on contraceptive utilization among HIV-positive women in Brazil, Kenya, and South Africa. AIDS Behav. 2011;15:454-68 pubmed publisher..Contraceptive use among HIV-positive women is substantially influenced by culture and other factors. Counseling efforts should consider individual factors in method selection and offer method variety to accommodate changing needs. ..
- Gleicher N, Weghofer A, Lee I, Barad D. FMR1 genotype with autoimmunity-associated polycystic ovary-like phenotype and decreased pregnancy chance. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e15303 pubmed publisher..3) for autoimmunity, ovarian function and, likely, pregnancy chance with IVF. ..
- Perera F, Herbstman J. Prenatal environmental exposures, epigenetics, and disease. Reprod Toxicol. 2011;31:363-73 pubmed publisher..The findings discussed indicate that identification of environmental chemicals that dysregulate the prenatal epigenome should be a priority in health research and disease prevention. ..
- Dabash R, Chelli H, Hajri S, Shochet T, Raghavan S, Winikoff B. A double-blind randomized controlled trial of mifepristone or placebo before buccal misoprostol for abortion at 14-21 weeks of pregnancy. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2015;130:40-4 pubmed publisher..6Â±9.7 hours in the misoprostol alone group (P<0.001). Side effects were similar in both groups. Adding mifepristone before misoprostol can improve the quality of second-trimester abortion care by making the process faster. ..
- Rauh V, Garcia W, Whyatt R, Horton M, Barr D, Louis E. Prenatal exposure to the organophosphate pesticide chlorpyrifos and childhood tremor. Neurotoxicology. 2015;51:80-6 pubmed publisher..06), after adjustment for sex, age at testing, ethnicity, and medication. Prenatal CPF exposure is associated with tremor in middle childhood, which may be a sign of the insecticide's effects on nervous system function. ..
- Birken S, Krichevsky A, O CONNOR J, Schlatterer J, Cole L, Kardana A, et al. Development and characterization of antibodies to a nicked and hyperglycosylated form of hCG from a choriocarcinoma patient: generation of antibodies that differentiate between pregnancy hCG and choriocarcinoma hCG. Endocrine. 1999;10:137-44 pubmed..These two immunometric assays provide potential novel diagnostic tools for direct measurement of hCG isoforms which could not be accurately quantified earlier before development of the assays using these newly generated antibodies. ..
- Parravicini E, van de Ven C, Anderson L, Cairo M. Myeloid hematopoietic growth factors and their role in prevention and/or treatment of neonatal sepsis. Transfus Med Rev. 2002;16:11-24 pubmed
- Weiss J, Malone F, Vidaver J, Ball R, Nyberg D, Comstock C, et al. Threatened abortion: A risk factor for poor pregnancy outcome, a population-based screening study. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2004;190:745-50 pubmed..The purpose of this study was to determine whether patients with first-trimester threatened abortion are at increased risk for poor pregnancy outcome...
- Cebrian C, Borodo K, Charles N, Herzlinger D. Morphometric index of the developing murine kidney. Dev Dyn. 2004;231:601-8 pubmed..In addition, this morphometric index provides a much-needed reference for accurately describing renal patterning defects exhibited by genetically altered mice. ..
- Ratcliffe E, Setru S, Chen J, Li Z, D Autréaux F, Gershon M. Netrin/DCC-mediated attraction of vagal sensory axons to the fetal mouse gut. J Comp Neurol. 2006;498:567-80 pubmed..005); antibodies to DCC again blocked this preferential outgrowth (P < 0.05). These data suggest that netrins, which are expressed in the bowel, attract DCC-expressing vagal sensory axons. ..
- Redecha P, Tilley R, Tencati M, Salmon J, Kirchhofer D, Mackman N, et al. Tissue factor: a link between C5a and neutrophil activation in antiphospholipid antibody induced fetal injury. Blood. 2007;110:2423-31 pubmed..The identification of TF as an important mediator of C5a-induced oxidative burst in neutrophils in aPL-induced fetal injury provides a new target for therapy to prevent pregnancy loss in the antiphospholipid syndrome. ..
- Herbstman J, Apelberg B, Witter F, Panny S, Goldman L. Maternal, infant, and delivery factors associated with neonatal thyroid hormone status. Thyroid. 2008;18:67-76 pubmed publisher..Efforts to identify fetal thyroid disruptors in late gestation must carefully consider these factors. ..
- Kuhn L, Aldrovandi G, Sinkala M, Kankasa C, Semrau K, Kasonde P, et al. Differential effects of early weaning for HIV-free survival of children born to HIV-infected mothers by severity of maternal disease. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e6059 pubmed publisher..For women with more advanced disease, ART should be given during pregnancy for maternal health and to reduce transmission, including through breastfeeding. (ClinicalTrials.gov) NCT00310726. ..
- Gleason G, Liu B, Bruening S, Zupan B, Auerbach A, Mark W, et al. The serotonin1A receptor gene as a genetic and prenatal maternal environmental factor in anxiety. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2010;107:7592-7 pubmed publisher..Thus, the overall effect of risk alleles can be higher than estimated by traditional genetic assays and may contribute to the relatively high heritability of anxiety and psychiatric disorders in general. ..
- Green M, Seeger J, Peterson C, Bhattacharyya A. Utilization of topiramate during pregnancy and risk of birth defects. Headache. 2012;52:1070-84 pubmed publisher..However, small numbers of events limit the strength of inferences. ..
- Winkel A, Gillespie C, Uquillas K, Zabar S, Szyld D. Assessment of Developmental Progress Using an Objective Structured Clinical Examination-Simulation Hybrid Examination for Obstetrics and Gynecology Residents. J Surg Educ. 2016;73:230-7 pubmed publisher..Lack of clear developmental differences and wide variation in performance by learners at the same level of training support the argument for individualized learning plans and competency-based education. ..
- Mogensen D, Pihl M, Skakkebæk N, Andersen H, Juul A, Kyhl H, et al. Prenatal exposure to antifungal medication may change anogenital distance in male offspring: a preliminary study. Environ Health. 2017;16:68 pubmed publisher..If confirmed, pregnant women should be advised to use antifungal medicine with caution. ..
- Viktorin A, Uher R, Kolevzon A, Reichenberg A, Levine S, Sandin S. Association of Antidepressant Medication Use During Pregnancy With Intellectual Disability in Offspring. JAMA Psychiatry. 2017;74:1031-1038 pubmed publisher..Maternal antidepressant medication use during pregnancy has previously been associated with adverse outcomes in offspring, but to our knowledge, the association with intellectual disability (ID) has not been investigated...
- Tiam A, Gill M, Hoffman H, Isavwa A, Mokone M, Foso M, et al. Conventional early infant diagnosis in Lesotho from specimen collection to results usage to manage patients: Where are the bottlenecks?. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184769 pubmed publisher..Multiple factors contribute to delayed antiretroviral treatment initiation for HIV-infected children, including delays in the early infant HIV diagnosis cascade...
- Sherer D. A review of amniotic fluid dynamics and the enigma of isolated oligohydramnios. Am J Perinatol. 2002;19:253-66 pubmed..In addition, the literature regarding perinatal outcome associated with oligohydramnios and current available data supporting expectant noninterventional management of cases complicated by isolated oligohydramnios at term are discussed. ..
- ..However, a large number of cases still involve suboptimal care, with delays in diagnosis and treatment identified as common deficiencies. ..
- Abu Rustum N, Tal M, DeLair D, Shih K, Sonoda Y. Radical abdominal trachelectomy for stage IB1 cervical cancer at 15-week gestation. Gynecol Oncol. 2010;116:151-2 pubmed publisher..Radical trachelectomy may broaden the treatment options for pregnant women with stage IB1 cervical cancer who have a strong desire to avoid definitive pregnancy termination and commence treatment without delay. ..
- Uyttendaele H, Marazzi G, Wu G, Yan Q, Sassoon D, Kitajewski J. Notch4/int-3, a mammary proto-oncogene, is an endothelial cell-specific mammalian Notch gene. Development. 1996;122:2251-9 pubmed..Truncated Notch4 transcripts were detected in post-meiotic male germ cells. The distinct Notch4 protein features and its restricted expression pattern suggests a specific role for Notch4 during development of vertebrate endothelium. ..
- Cohen P, Zhu L, Pollard J. Absence of colony stimulating factor-1 in osteopetrotic (csfmop/csfmop) mice disrupts estrous cycles and ovulation. Biol Reprod. 1997;56:110-8 pubmed..Thus, the major effect of CSF-1 on female reproductive function is on the frequency and rate of ovulation, indicating a major role for this growth factor in regulating follicular development and ovulation. ..
- Duncan S, Zhong Z, Wen Z, Darnell J. STAT signaling is active during early mammalian development. Dev Dyn. 1997;208:190-8 pubmed..The identification of activated Stat3 demonstrates that STAT signaling functions during early postimplantation development in the mouse are likely to be important during early embryogenesis. ..
- New M. Diagnosis and management of congenital adrenal hyperplasia. Annu Rev Med. 1998;49:311-28 pubmed..These advances have important implications for early prenatal diagnosis and prenatal treatment. ..
- Lozano J, Xing R, Cai Z, Jensen H, Trempus C, Mark W, et al. Deficiency of kinase suppressor of Ras1 prevents oncogenic ras signaling in mice. Cancer Res. 2003;63:4232-8 pubmed..These results suggest KSR1 may represent a therapeutic target for Ras/MAPK signaling of human tumorigenesis. ..
- Bickell N, Bodian C, Anderson R, Kase N. Time and the risk of ruptured tubal pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol. 2004;104:789-94 pubmed..The rate of rupture is highest in women with the shortest times between symptom onset and treatment. With passing time, the risk declines, but remains steady despite women's getting into care. II-2 ..
- Malone F, Ball R, Nyberg D, Comstock C, Saade G, Berkowitz R, et al. First-trimester nasal bone evaluation for aneuploidy in the general population. Obstet Gynecol. 2004;104:1222-8 pubmed..To evaluate the role of fetal nasal bone imaging at 10 3/7 to 13 6/7 weeks as a screening tool for aneuploidy, in a prospective multicenter trial...
- Beilin Y, Bodian C, Weiser J, Hossain S, Arnold I, Feierman D, et al. Effect of labor epidural analgesia with and without fentanyl on infant breast-feeding: a prospective, randomized, double-blind study. Anesthesiology. 2005;103:1211-7 pubmed
- Levine A, Brivanlou A. GDF3, a BMP inhibitor, regulates cell fate in stem cells and early embryos. Development. 2006;133:209-16 pubmed