Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on plant gene expression regulation in California, United States
Locale: California, United States
Topic: plant gene expression regulation
- Mas P, Kim W, Somers D, Kay S. Targeted degradation of TOC1 by ZTL modulates circadian function in Arabidopsis thaliana. Nature. 2003;426:567-70 pubmed..Our results show that the TOC1-ZTL interaction is important in the control of TOC1 protein stability, and is probably responsible for the regulation of circadian period by the clock. ..
- Para A, Farré E, Imaizumi T, Pruneda Paz J, Harmon F, Kay S. PRR3 Is a vascular regulator of TOC1 stability in the Arabidopsis circadian clock. Plant Cell. 2007;19:3462-73 pubmed
- Wang X, Li X, Meisenhelder J, Hunter T, Yoshida S, Asami T, et al. Autoregulation and homodimerization are involved in the activation of the plant steroid receptor BRI1. Dev Cell. 2005;8:855-65 pubmed..Our results support a BRI1-activation model that involves inhibition of kinase activity by its C-terminal domain, which is relieved upon ligand binding to the extracellular domain. ..
- Sedbrook J, Carroll K, Hung K, Masson P, Somerville C. The Arabidopsis SKU5 gene encodes an extracellular glycosyl phosphatidylinositol-anchored glycoprotein involved in directional root growth. Plant Cell. 2002;14:1635-48 pubmed..Our observations suggest that SKU5 affects two directional growth processes, possibly by participating in cell wall expansion. ..
- Ng M, Yanofsky M. Activation of the Arabidopsis B class homeotic genes by APETALA1. Plant Cell. 2001;13:739-53 pubmed
- Kuhn J, Boisson Dernier A, Dizon M, Maktabi M, Schroeder J. The protein phosphatase AtPP2CA negatively regulates abscisic acid signal transduction in Arabidopsis, and effects of abh1 on AtPP2CA mRNA. Plant Physiol. 2006;140:127-39 pubmed..Moreover, expression of a 35SAtPP2CA cDNA fusion in abh1 partially suppresses abh1 hypersensitivity, and the data further suggest that additional mechanisms contribute to ABA hypersensitivity of abh1. ..
- Goodman C, Casati P, Walbot V. A multidrug resistance-associated protein involved in anthocyanin transport in Zea mays. Plant Cell. 2004;16:1812-26 pubmed
- Lin H, Doddapaneni H, Takahashi Y, Walker M. Comparative analysis of ESTs involved in grape responses to Xylella fastidiosa infection. BMC Plant Biol. 2007;7:8 pubmed..The current molecular breeding efforts have identified genetic basis of PD resistance in grapes. However, the transcriptome level characterization of the host response to this pathogen is lacking...
- Maxwell B, Andersson C, Poole D, Kay S, Chory J. HY5, Circadian Clock-Associated 1, and a cis-element, DET1 dark response element, mediate DET1 regulation of chlorophyll a/b-binding protein 2 expression. Plant Physiol. 2003;133:1565-77 pubmed..We conclude that DET1 represses the CAB2 promoter in the dark by regulating the binding of two factors, CAB2 DET1-associated factor 1 and Circadian Clock-Associated 1, to the DtRE. ..
- Wang R, Xing X, Wang Y, Tran A, Crawford N. A genetic screen for nitrate regulatory mutants captures the nitrate transporter gene NRT1.1. Plant Physiol. 2009;151:472-8 pubmed publisher..Genes involved in nitrate assimilation, energy metabolism, and pentose-phosphate pathway were most affected. These results strongly support the model that NRT1.1 acts as a nitrate regulator or sensor in Arabidopsis. ..
- Schultz T, Kiyosue T, Yanovsky M, Wada M, Kay S. A role for LKP2 in the circadian clock of Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2001;13:2659-70 pubmed..These results suggest that LKP2 functions either within or very close to the circadian oscillator in Arabidopsis. A model is presented for its mode of action. ..
- Chen L, Hou B, Lalonde S, Takanaga H, Hartung M, Qu X, et al. Sugar transporters for intercellular exchange and nutrition of pathogens. Nature. 2010;468:527-32 pubmed publisher..The metazoan homologues may be involved in sugar efflux from intestinal, liver, epididymis and mammary cells. ..
- Gillmor C, Lukowitz W, Brininstool G, Sedbrook J, Hamann T, Poindexter P, et al. Glycosylphosphatidylinositol-anchored proteins are required for cell wall synthesis and morphogenesis in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2005;17:1128-40 pubmed
- Schwartz C, Balasubramanian S, Warthmann N, Michael T, Lempe J, Sureshkumar S, et al. Cis-regulatory changes at FLOWERING LOCUS T mediate natural variation in flowering responses of Arabidopsis thaliana. Genetics. 2009;183:723-32, 1SI-7SI pubmed publisher..Taken together, these results indicate that allelic variation at pathway integrator genes such as FT can underlie phenotypic variability and that this may be achieved through cis-regulatory changes...
- Penmetsa R, Frugoli J, Smith L, Long S, Cook D. Dual genetic pathways controlling nodule number in Medicago truncatula. Plant Physiol. 2003;131:998-1008 pubmed
- Friedrichsen D, Joazeiro C, Li J, Hunter T, Chory J. Brassinosteroid-insensitive-1 is a ubiquitously expressed leucine-rich repeat receptor serine/threonine kinase. Plant Physiol. 2000;123:1247-56 pubmed..Therefore, we conclude that BRI1 is a ubiquitously expressed leucine-rich repeat receptor that plays a role in BR signaling through Ser/Thr phosphorylation. ..
- Liscum E, Briggs W. Mutations in the NPH1 locus of Arabidopsis disrupt the perception of phototropic stimuli. Plant Cell. 1995;7:473-85 pubmed
- Chang C, Moseley J, Wykoff D, Grossman A. The LPB1 gene is important for acclimation of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii to phosphorus and sulfur deprivation. Plant Physiol. 2005;138:319-29 pubmed
- Wang Y, Ries A, Wu K, Yang A, Crawford N. The Arabidopsis Prohibitin Gene PHB3 Functions in Nitric Oxide-Mediated Responses and in Hydrogen Peroxide-Induced Nitric Oxide Accumulation. Plant Cell. 2010;22:249-59 pubmed publisher..These findings identify a component of the NO homeostasis system in plants and expand the function of prohibitin genes to include regulation of NO accumulation and NO-mediated responses. ..
- MacAlister C, Ohashi Ito K, Bergmann D. Transcription factor control of asymmetric cell divisions that establish the stomatal lineage. Nature. 2007;445:537-40 pubmed..Similar molecules and regulatory mechanisms are used during muscle and neural development, highlighting a conserved use of closely related bHLHs for cell fate specification and differentiation. ..
- Cheng Y, Dai X, Zhao Y. Auxin synthesized by the YUCCA flavin monooxygenases is essential for embryogenesis and leaf formation in Arabidopsis. Plant Cell. 2007;19:2430-9 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that auxin synthesized by the YUC flavin monooxygenases is an essential auxin source for Arabidopsis thaliana embryogenesis and postembryonic organ formation. ..
- Michael T, Breton G, Hazen S, Priest H, Mockler T, Kay S, et al. A morning-specific phytohormone gene expression program underlying rhythmic plant growth. PLoS Biol. 2008;6:e225 pubmed publisher..This temporal integration of hormone pathways allows plants to fine tune phytohormone responses for seasonal and shade-appropriate growth regulation...
- Gierth M, Maser P, Schroeder J. The potassium transporter AtHAK5 functions in K(+) deprivation-induced high-affinity K(+) uptake and AKT1 K(+) channel contribution to K(+) uptake kinetics in Arabidopsis roots. Plant Physiol. 2005;137:1105-14 pubmed..The results demonstrate an in vivo function for AtHAK5 in the inducible high-affinity K(+) uptake system in Arabidopsis roots...
- Wenkel S, Emery J, Hou B, Evans M, Barton M. A feedback regulatory module formed by LITTLE ZIPPER and HD-ZIPIII genes. Plant Cell. 2007;19:3379-90 pubmed
- Rhee S, Osborne E, Poindexter P, Somerville C. Microspore separation in the quartet 3 mutants of Arabidopsis is impaired by a defect in a developmentally regulated polygalacturonase required for pollen mother cell wall degradation. Plant Physiol. 2003;133:1170-80 pubmed..Immunohistochemical localization of QRT3 indicated that the protein is secreted from tapetal cells during the early microspore stage. Thus, QRT3 plays a direct role in degrading the pollen mother cell wall during microspore development. ..
- Cerdán P, Chory J. Regulation of flowering time by light quality. Nature. 2003;423:881-5 pubmed..PFT1 functions downstream of phyB to regulate the expression of FLOWERING LOCUS T (FT), providing evidence for the existence of a light-quality pathway that regulates flowering time in plants. ..
- Hugouvieux V, Murata Y, Young J, Kwak J, Mackesy D, Schroeder J. Localization, ion channel regulation, and genetic interactions during abscisic acid signaling of the nuclear mRNA cap-binding protein, ABH1. Plant Physiol. 2002;130:1276-87 pubmed..These data provide evidence for the model that the mRNA-processing proteins ABH1 and SAD1 function as negative regulators in guard cell ABA signaling. ..
- Maldonado A, Doerner P, Dixon R, Lamb C, Cameron R. A putative lipid transfer protein involved in systemic resistance signalling in Arabidopsis. Nature. 2002;419:399-403 pubmed..DIR1 encodes a putative apoplastic lipid transfer protein and we propose that DIR1 interacts with a lipid-derived molecule to promote long distance signalling. ..
- Liljegren S, Gustafson Brown C, Pinyopich A, Ditta G, Yanofsky M. Interactions among APETALA1, LEAFY, and TERMINAL FLOWER1 specify meristem fate. Plant Cell. 1999;11:1007-18 pubmed
- Pepper A, Chory J. Extragenic suppressors of the Arabidopsis det1 mutant identify elements of flowering-time and light-response regulatory pathways. Genetics. 1997;145:1125-37 pubmed..In addition, alleles of ted1 are associated with a moderate late-flowering phenotype, suggesting that TED1 plays a role in the pathways that regulate both seedling morphogenesis and the initiation of flowering. ..
- Chen M, Tao Y, Lim J, Shaw A, Chory J. Regulation of phytochrome B nuclear localization through light-dependent unmasking of nuclear-localization signals. Curr Biol. 2005;15:637-42 pubmed
- Silady R, Kato T, Lukowitz W, Sieber P, Tasaka M, Somerville C. The gravitropism defective 2 mutants of Arabidopsis are deficient in a protein implicated in endocytosis in Caenorhabditis elegans. Plant Physiol. 2004;136:3095-103; discussion 3002 pubmed..We hypothesize that a defect in endocytosis may affect both the initial gravity sensing via amyloplasts sedimentation and the subsequent more general tropic growth response. ..
- Hong R, Hamaguchi L, Busch M, Weigel D. Regulatory elements of the floral homeotic gene AGAMOUS identified by phylogenetic footprinting and shadowing. Plant Cell. 2003;15:1296-309 pubmed
- Pratelli R, Voll L, Horst R, Frommer W, Pilot G. Stimulation of nonselective amino acid export by glutamine dumper proteins. Plant Physiol. 2010;152:762-73 pubmed publisher..Taken together, the GDUs appear to stimulate amino acid export by activating nonselective amino acid facilitators. ..
- Smith Z, Long J. Control of Arabidopsis apical-basal embryo polarity by antagonistic transcription factors. Nature. 2010;464:423-6 pubmed publisher..Furthermore, genetic and misexpression studies show an antagonistic relationship between the PLT and HD-ZIP III genes in specifying the root and shoot poles. ..
- Baudry A, Ito S, Song Y, Strait A, Kiba T, Lu S, et al. F-box proteins FKF1 and LKP2 act in concert with ZEITLUPE to control Arabidopsis clock progression. Plant Cell. 2010;22:606-22 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that ZTL, FKF1, and LKP2 together regulate TOC1 and PRR5 degradation and are major contributors to determining the period of circadian oscillation and enhancing robustness. ..