Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on peptide receptors in California, United States
Locale: California, United States
Topic: peptide receptors
- Wu L, Russell P. Roles of Wee1 and Nim1 protein kinases in regulating the switch from mitotic division to sexual development in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:10-7 pubmed..These findings indicate that Wee1 and Rum1 act jointly to inhibit Cdc2 and promote sexual development in nitrogen-starved cells. ..
- Sudo S, Kumagai J, Nishi S, Layfield S, Ferraro T, Bathgate R, et al. H3 relaxin is a specific ligand for LGR7 and activates the receptor by interacting with both the ectodomain and the exoloop 2. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:7855-62 pubmed
- Almenoff J, Jurka J, Schoolnik G. Induction of heat-stable enterotoxin receptor activity by a human Alu repeat. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:16610-7 pubmed..An unrelated Alu-rich genomic clone did not confer ST binding, suggesting that there may be structural and functional specificity within individual Alu sequences. ..
- Scobie H, Wigelsworth D, Marlett J, Thomas D, Rainey G, Lacy D, et al. Anthrax toxin receptor 2-dependent lethal toxin killing in vivo. PLoS Pathog. 2006;2:e111 pubmed..Moreover, a D683K mutant form of PA that bound specifically to human and rat ANTXR2 mediated killing of rats by anthrax lethal toxin, providing strong evidence for the physiological importance of ANTXR2 in anthrax disease pathogenesis. ..
- Ptasznik A, Traynor Kaplan A, Bokoch G. G protein-coupled chemoattractant receptors regulate Lyn tyrosine kinase.Shc adapter protein signaling complexes. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:19969-73 pubmed..Regulation of Shc by G protein-coupled receptors may also allow these receptors to modulate the activity of the Ras/mitogen-activated protein kinase cascade. ..
- Lewis K, Gray P, Blount A, MacConell L, Wiater E, Bilezikjian L, et al. Betaglycan binds inhibin and can mediate functional antagonism of activin signalling. Nature. 2000;404:411-4 pubmed..The ability of betaglycan to facilitate inhibin antagonism of activin provides a variation on the emerging roles of proteoglycans as co-receptors modulating ligand-receptor sensitivity, selectivity and function. ..
- Hsu S, Kudo M, Chen T, Nakabayashi K, Bhalla A, van der Spek P, et al. The three subfamilies of leucine-rich repeat-containing G protein-coupled receptors (LGR): identification of LGR6 and LGR7 and the signaling mechanism for LGR7. Mol Endocrinol. 2000;14:1257-71 pubmed
- Egea P, Shan S, Napetschnig J, Savage D, Walter P, Stroud R. Substrate twinning activates the signal recognition particle and its receptor. Nature. 2004;427:215-21 pubmed..This unique circle of twinned interactions is severed twice on hydrolysis, leading to complex dissociation after cargo delivery...
- Santelli E, Bankston L, Leppla S, Liddington R. Crystal structure of a complex between anthrax toxin and its host cell receptor. Nature. 2004;430:905-8 pubmed publisher..The structure provides new leads for the discovery of anthrax anti-toxins, and should aid the design of cancer therapeutics...