Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on open reading frames in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Topic: open reading frames
Publications122 found, 100 shown here
- Notaro R, Afolayan A, Luzzatto L. Human mutations in glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase reflect evolutionary history. FASEB J. 2000;14:485-94 pubmed..In view of the current explosive increase in full genome sequencing projects, this tool will become rapidly available for numerous other genes. ..
- Zsak L, Lu Z, Burrage T, Neilan J, Kutish G, Moore D, et al. African swine fever virus multigene family 360 and 530 genes are novel macrophage host range determinants. J Virol. 2001;75:3066-76 pubmed..These findings indicate that ASFV MGF360 and MGF530 genes perform an essential macrophage host range function(s) that involves promotion of infected-cell survival...
- Chen I, Gotschlich E. ComE, a competence protein from Neisseria gonorrhoeae with DNA-binding activity. J Bacteriol. 2001;183:3160-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, we identified a novel gonococcal DNA-binding competence factor which is necessary for DNA uptake and does not affect pilus biogenesis or function...
- Karpichev I, Cornivelli L, Small G. Multiple regulatory roles of a novel Saccharomyces cerevisiae protein, encoded by YOL002c, in lipid and phosphate metabolism. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:19609-17 pubmed..We propose that YOL002c encodes a Saccharomyces cerevisiae protein that plays a key role in metabolic pathways that regulate lipid and phosphate metabolism. ..
- Feinstein P, Mombaerts P. A contextual model for axonal sorting into glomeruli in the mouse olfactory system. Cell. 2004;117:817-31 pubmed..We propose a contextual model for axon guidance in which ORs mediate homotypic interactions between like axons. ..
- Tackett A, DeGrasse J, Sekedat M, Oeffinger M, Rout M, Chait B. I-DIRT, a general method for distinguishing between specific and nonspecific protein interactions. J Proteome Res. 2005;4:1752-6 pubmed..I-DIRT will be of broad value for studying protein complexes in biological systems that can be metabolically labeled. ..
- Stallings C, Silverstein S. Posttranslational modification and cell type-specific degradation of varicella-zoster virus ORF29p. J Virol. 2006;80:10836-46 pubmed
- Beaty S, Lee B. Constraints on the Genetic and Antigenic Variability of Measles Virus. Viruses. 2016;8:109 pubmed publisher..The high genomic stability of MeV appears to be a shared property of the Paramyxovirinae, suggesting a common mechanism that biologically restricts the rate of mutation. ..
- Chang Y, Cesarman E, Pessin M, Lee F, Culpepper J, Knowles D, et al. Identification of herpesvirus-like DNA sequences in AIDS-associated Kaposi's sarcoma. Science. 1994;266:1865-9 pubmed..These KS-associated herpesvirus-like (KSHV) sequences appear to define a new human herpesvirus. ..
- Bisercic M, Ochman H. The ancestry of insertion sequences common to Escherichia coli and Salmonella typhimurium. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:7863-8 pubmed..Levels of variability in IS1 and IS200 for strains of E. coli and S. typhimurium show that each class of insertion sequence has a characteristic pattern of transposition within and among host genomes. ..
- Wotton D, Freeman K, Shore D. Multimerization of Hsp42p, a novel heat shock protein of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, is dependent on a conserved carboxyl-terminal sequence. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:2717-23 pubmed..Fractionation of yeast protein extracts by size demonstrates that all of the Hsp42p in these extracts is present in complexes with a molecular mass of greater than 200 kDa, suggesting that Hsp42p exists in high molecular mass complexes. ..
- Kicska G, Tyler P, Evans G, Furneaux R, Kim K, Schramm V. Transition state analogue inhibitors of purine nucleoside phosphorylase from Plasmodium falciparum. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:3219-25 pubmed..These properties of P. falciparum PNP are consistent with a metabolic role in purine salvage and provide an explanation for the antibiotic effect of the immucillins on P. falciparum cultured in human erythrocytes. ..
- Huang L, Hung L, Odell M, Yokota H, Kim R, Kim S. Structure-based experimental confirmation of biochemical function to a methyltransferase, MJ0882, from hyperthermophile Methanococcus jannaschii. J Struct Funct Genomics. 2002;2:121-7 pubmed..Preliminary biochemical experiments show that MJ0882 specifically binds to AdoMet, which is the essential co-factor for methyltransferases...
- Lu P, Harding H, Ron D. Translation reinitiation at alternative open reading frames regulates gene expression in an integrated stress response. J Cell Biol. 2004;167:27-33 pubmed..These features are common to regulated translation of GCN4 in yeast. The metazoan ISR thus resembles the yeast general control response both in its target genes and its mechanistic details. ..
- Evans J, Hearing P. Relocalization of the Mre11-Rad50-Nbs1 complex by the adenovirus E4 ORF3 protein is required for viral replication. J Virol. 2005;79:6207-15 pubmed..These results illustrate the importance of nuclear organization in virus growth and suggest that E4 ORF3 regulates activities in both PML nuclear bodies and the MRN complex to stimulate the viral replication program. ..
- Matsumura S, Fujita Y, Gomez E, Tanese N, Wilson A. Activation of the Kaposi's sarcoma-associated herpesvirus major latency locus by the lytic switch protein RTA (ORF50). J Virol. 2005;79:8493-505 pubmed
- Schuchman E, Suchi M, Takahashi T, Sandhoff K, Desnick R. Human acid sphingomyelinase. Isolation, nucleotide sequence and expression of the full-length and alternatively spliced cDNAs. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:8531-9 pubmed..The type 3 cDNA resulted from an alternative splicing event, which excised the 172-bp exon. These studies demonstrate the occurrence of alternatively splicing of the ASM transcript, but the existence of only one functional mRNA. ..
- Broccoli D, Chong L, Oelmann S, Fernald A, Marziliano N, van Steensel B, et al. Comparison of the human and mouse genes encoding the telomeric protein, TRF1: chromosomal localization, expression and conserved protein domains. Hum Mol Genet. 1997;6:69-76 pubmed..The TRF1 genes are not syntenic; the hTRF1 gene localized to human chromosome 8 band q13 while the mTRF1 gene localized to mouse chromosome 17 band E3. The data indicate that the genes for mammalian telomeric proteins evolve rapidly. ..
- Gao Q, Palese P. Rewiring the RNAs of influenza virus to prevent reassortment. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:15891-6 pubmed publisher..A similar approach can be applied to the other influenza A virus segments to diminish their ability to form reassortant viruses. ..
- Ishikawa Y, Katsushika S, Chen L, Halnon N, Kawabe J, Homcy C. Isolation and characterization of a novel cardiac adenylylcyclase cDNA. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:13553-7 pubmed..These data indicate that the protein encoded by this cDNA is adenylylcyclase with the biochemical features characteristic of the cardiac isoform. ..
- Kalpana G, Marmon S, Wang W, Crabtree G, Goff S. Binding and stimulation of HIV-1 integrase by a human homolog of yeast transcription factor SNF5. Science. 1994;266:2002-6 pubmed..The gene, termed INI1 (for integrase interactor 1), may encode a nuclear factor that promotes integration and targets incoming viral DNA to active genes. ..
- Benach J, Wang L, Chen Y, Ho C, Lee S, Seetharaman J, et al. Structural and functional studies of the abundant tegument protein ORF52 from murine gammaherpesvirus 68. J Biol Chem. 2007;282:31534-41 pubmed..The results of the functional studies are fully consistent with the structural observations and indicate that the N-terminal alpha-helix is a crucial site of interaction for ORF52. ..
- Ellis N, Ye T, Patton S, German J, Goodfellow P, Weller P. Cloning of PBDX, an MIC2-related gene that spans the pseudoautosomal boundary on chromosome Xp. Nat Genet. 1994;6:394-400 pubmed..The predicted amino acid sequence of the 540 bp coding region is 48% homologous to 12E7, the product of MIC2. By virtue of its position, PBDX becomes an excellent candidate for the XG blood group gene. ..
- Okamoto K, Kamibayashi C, Serrano M, Prives C, Mumby M, Beach D. p53-dependent association between cyclin G and the B' subunit of protein phosphatase 2A. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:6593-602 pubmed..These results indicate that cyclin G forms a specific complex with the B' subunit of PP2A and that complex formation is regulated by p53. Potential roles for the cyclin G-B' complex in p53-mediated pathways are discussed. ..
- Parla J, Iossifov I, Grabill I, Spector M, Kramer M, McCombie W. A comparative analysis of exome capture. Genome Biol. 2011;12:R97 pubmed publisher..Commercial exome capture kits provide a very efficient way to sequence select areas of the genome at very high accuracy. Here we provide the data to help guide critical analyses of sequencing data derived from these products. ..
- Jung V, Chen L, Hofmann S, Wigler M, Powers S. Mutations in the SHR5 gene of Saccharomyces cerevisiae suppress Ras function and block membrane attachment and palmitoylation of Ras proteins. Mol Cell Biol. 1995;15:1333-42 pubmed..We conclude that SHR5 encodes a protein that participates in the membrane localization of Ras but also interacts in vivo with completely unprocessed and cytosolic Ras proteins. ..
- Bandyopadhyay A, Maitra U. Cloning and characterization of the p42 subunit of mammalian translation initiation factor 3 (eIF3): demonstration that eIF3 interacts with eIF5 in mammalian cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 1999;27:1331-7 pubmed
- Chen J, Gershon A, Li Z, Lungu O, Gershon M. Latent and lytic infection of isolated guinea pig enteric ganglia by varicella zoster virus. J Med Virol. 2003;70 Suppl 1:S71-8 pubmed..This new animal model should facilitate studies of VZV latency and the efficacy of therapies designed to prevent VZV infection, latency, and reactivation. ..
- Gallagher C, Cervantes Cervantes M, Wurtzel E. Surrogate biochemistry: use of Escherichia coli to identify plant cDNAs that impact metabolic engineering of carotenoid accumulation. Appl Microbiol Biotechnol. 2003;60:713-9 pubmed
- Romov P, Li F, Lipke P, Epstein S, Qiu W. Comparative genomics reveals long, evolutionarily conserved, low-complexity islands in yeast proteins. J Mol Evol. 2006;63:415-25 pubmed
- Quan P, Junglen S, Tashmukhamedova A, Conlan S, Hutchison S, Kurth A, et al. Moussa virus: a new member of the Rhabdoviridae family isolated from Culex decens mosquitoes in Côte d'Ivoire. Virus Res. 2010;147:17-24 pubmed publisher..Phylogenetic analysis indicates a potential new species with distant relationship to Tupaia and Tibrogargan virus...
- Malik S, Brochu C, Bilic I, Yuan J, Hess M, Logsdon J, et al. Phylogeny of parasitic parabasalia and free-living relatives inferred from conventional markers vs. Rpb1, a single-copy gene. PLoS ONE. 2011;6:e20774 pubmed publisher..These findings, together with the relative ease of Rpb1 isolation, make it an attractive tool for evaluating more extensive relationships within Parabasalia. ..
- Dong Z, Onrust R, Skangalis M, O Donnell M. DNA polymerase III accessory proteins. I. holA and holB encoding delta and delta'. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:11758-65 pubmed..The predicted amino acid sequence of delta' is homologous to the sequences of the tau and gamma subunits revealing a large amount of structural redundancy within the holoenzyme. ..
- Roy K, Mitsugi K, Sirotnak F. Additional organizational features of the murine folylpolyglutamate synthetase gene. Two remotely situated exons encoding an alternate 5' end and proximal open reading frame under the control of a second promoter. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:5587-93 pubmed..An unusual splice variant identified infrequently in a mouse liver cDNA library was 2.67 kilobases in size and incorporated exons A1a and A1b and a segment of the downstream promoter region along with exons B1c and B1b and exons 2-15. ..
- Wilcox L, Balderes D, Wharton B, Tinkelenberg A, Rao G, Sturley S. Transcriptional profiling identifies two members of the ATP-binding cassette transporter superfamily required for sterol uptake in yeast. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:32466-72 pubmed..Accordingly, expression of AUS1 or PDR11 was required for anaerobic growth and sterol uptake. We proposed similar molecules may be important components of sterol uptake in all eukaryotes...
- Staleva L, Manga P, Orlow S. Pink-eyed dilution protein modulates arsenic sensitivity and intracellular glutathione metabolism. Mol Biol Cell. 2002;13:4206-20 pubmed..Our data demonstrate that the pink-eyed dilution protein increases cellular sensitivity to arsenicals and other metalloids and can modulate intracellular glutathione metabolism. ..
- Buckanovich R, Posner J, Darnell R. Nova, the paraneoplastic Ri antigen, is homologous to an RNA-binding protein and is specifically expressed in the developing motor system. Neuron. 1993;11:657-72 pubmed..The homology between Nova and hnRNP K suggests that Nova regulates RNA splicing or metabolism in a specific subset of developing neurons. ..
- Schreiber Agus N, Horner J, Torres R, Chiu F, DePinho R. Zebra fish myc family and max genes: differential expression and oncogenic activity throughout vertebrate evolution. Mol Cell Biol. 1993;13:2765-75 pubmed
- Cao W, Lu J, Barany F. Nucleotide sequences and gene organization of TaqI endonuclease isoschizomers from Thermus sp. SM32 and Thermus filiformis Tok6A1. Gene. 1997;197:205-14 pubmed..Phylogenetic analysis suggests that initially TfiTok6A1I diverged from a common ancestor, then Tsp32IR branched out, and finally TaqI and TthHB8I diverged from each other during evolution...
- Dubin R, Ostrer H. Sry is a transcriptional activator. Mol Endocrinol. 1994;8:1182-92 pubmed..These studies suggest that both the human and the mouse SRY ORFs encode nuclear, DNA-binding proteins and that the mouse Sry ORF can function as a transcriptional activator with separable DNA-binding and activator domains. ..
- Chong S, Hu P, Hernandez N. Reconstitution of transcription from the human U6 small nuclear RNA promoter with eight recombinant polypeptides and a partially purified RNA polymerase III complex. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:20727-34 pubmed..These results open the way to reconstitution of U6 transcription from entirely defined components. ..
- Schuch R, Fischetti V. Detailed genomic analysis of the Wbeta and gamma phages infecting Bacillus anthracis: implications for evolution of environmental fitness and antibiotic resistance. J Bacteriol. 2006;188:3037-51 pubmed..anthracis life cycle. Initial findings suggest that lysogeny of B. anthracis promotes ecological adaptation, rather than virulence, as with other gram-positive pathogens. ..
- Xi Q, He W, Zhang X, Le H, Massague J. Genome-wide impact of the BRG1 SWI/SNF chromatin remodeler on the transforming growth factor beta transcriptional program. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:1146-55 pubmed..Our results provide a genome-wide scope of the participation of BRG1 in TGFbeta action and suggest a widespread yet differential involvement of BRG1 SWI/SNF remodeler in the transcriptional response of many genes to this cytokine. ..
- Gussow A, Petrovski S, Wang Q, Allen A, Goldstein D. The intolerance to functional genetic variation of protein domains predicts the localization of pathogenic mutations within genes. Genome Biol. 2016;17:9 pubmed publisher..This observation extends the utility of intolerance scores to indicating where pathogenic mutations are mostly likely to fall within genes. ..
- Bowers W, Ruddell A. a1/EBP: a leucine zipper protein that binds CCAAT/enhancer elements in the avian leukosis virus long terminal repeat enhancer. J Virol. 1992;66:6578-86 pubmed..2-kb cDNA encodes a 209-amino-acid open reading frame containing carboxy-terminal basic and leucine zipper motifs, indicating that a1/EBP encodes a novel member of the leucine zipper family of transcription factors. ..
- Wang S, Shuman S. Vaccinia virus morphogenesis is blocked by temperature-sensitive mutations in the F10 gene, which encodes protein kinase 2. J Virol. 1995;69:6376-88 pubmed..These findings suggest that protein phosphorylation plays an essential role at an early stage of virion assembly. ..
- Kyratsous C, Silverstein S. BAG3, a host cochaperone, facilitates varicella-zoster virus replication. J Virol. 2007;81:7491-503 pubmed..Replication in BAG3-depleted cell lines is restored by complementation with exogenous BAG3. Alteration of host chaperone activity provides a novel means of regulating virus replication. ..
- Chapline C, Mousseau B, Ramsay K, Duddy S, Li Y, Kiley S, et al. Identification of a major protein kinase C-binding protein and substrate in rat embryo fibroblasts. Decreased expression in transformed cells. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:6417-22 pubmed..Our results emphasize that the role of PKCs in carcinogenesis may involve several factors, including the quantity and location of the PKCs isozymes and their downstream targets. ..
- Tu Z, Wassenaar T, Thompson S, Blaser M. Structure and genotypic plasticity of the Campylobacter fetus sap locus. Mol Microbiol. 2003;48:685-98 pubmed..As divergent SLP C-termini possess multiple antigenic sites, their reciprocal recombination behind the unique sap promoter leads to continuing antigenic variation...
- Hahn J, Inamine G, Kozlov Y, Dubnau D. Characterization of comE, a late competence operon of Bacillus subtilis required for the binding and uptake of transforming DNA. Mol Microbiol. 1993;10:99-111 pubmed..ORF1 and ORF3 are predicted to be integral membrane proteins. The latter is specifically required for DNA uptake but not for binding. ..
- Xing F, Martzen M, Phizicky E. A conserved family of Saccharomyces cerevisiae synthases effects dihydrouridine modification of tRNA. RNA. 2002;8:370-81 pubmed..Yeast extract from a dus1-A strain is completely defective in modification of yeast pre-tRNAPhe, and RNA isolated from dus1-delta and dus2-delta strains is significantly depleted in dihydrouridine content. ..
- Chen M, Vacherot F, De La Taille A, Gil Diez de Medina S, Shen R, Friedman R, et al. The emergence of protocadherin-PC expression during the acquisition of apoptosis-resistance by prostate cancer cells. Oncogene. 2002;21:7861-71 pubmed
- Chen H, Luche R, Wei B, Tonks N. Characterization of two distinct dual specificity phosphatases encoded in alternative open reading frames of a single gene located on human chromosome 10q22.2. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:41404-13 pubmed..The conserved gene structure and the similarity in postnatal expression profile of these two proteins suggest biological significance of the unusual gene arrangement. ..
- Etkind P, Stewart A, Dorai T, Purcell D, Wiernik P. Clonal isolation of different strains of mouse mammary tumor virus-like DNA sequences from both the breast tumors and non-Hodgkin's lymphomas of individual patients diagnosed with both malignancies. Clin Cancer Res. 2004;10:5656-64 pubmed..The aim of this study was to determine if MMTV-like DNA sequences are present in the breast tumors and non-Hodgkin's lymphomas of additional patients suffering from both malignancies and if so to characterize these sequences in detail...
- Gao G, Goff S. Isolation of suppressor genes that restore retrovirus susceptibility to a virus-resistant cell line. Retrovirology. 2004;1:30 pubmed..The methods for gene isolation developed here will also permit the identification of similar suppressors that modify or override other recently identified virus resistance genes. ..
- Bates B, Hardin J, Zhan X, Drickamer K, Goldfarb M. Biosynthesis of human fibroblast growth factor-5. Mol Cell Biol. 1991;11:1840-5 pubmed..FGF-5 is secreted from transfected 3T3 cells and from human tumor cells as glycoproteins containing heterogeneous amounts of sialic acid. Glycosidase treatments suggest that the growth factor bears both N-linked and O-linked sugars. ..
- Si K, Das K, Maitra U. Characterization of multiple mRNAs that encode mammalian translation initiation factor 5 (eIF-5). J Biol Chem. 1996;271:16934-8 pubmed..Additionally, we demonstrate tissue-specific variations in eIF-5 mRNA expression as well as preference for polyadenylation sites. These results should lead to increased understanding of the regulation of eIF-5 gene expression. ..
- Gilles F, Glenn M, Goy A, Remache Y, Zelenetz A. A novel gene STORP (STOmatin-Related Protein) is localized 2 kb upstream of the promyelocytic gene on chromosome 15q22. Eur J Haematol. 2000;64:104-13 pubmed..The function of STORP is unknown. Further study will focus on studying its potential role in red cell function and disorders. ..
- Afonso C, Tulman E, Lu Z, Zsak L, Osorio F, Balinsky C, et al. The genome of swinepox virus. J Virol. 2002;76:783-90 pubmed..The gene complement of SWPV better defines Suipoxvirus within the Chordopoxvirinae subfamily and provides a basis for future genetic comparisons...
- Terai M, DeSalle R, Burk R. Lack of canonical E6 and E7 open reading frames in bird papillomaviruses: Fringilla coelebs papillomavirus and Psittacus erithacus timneh papillomavirus. J Virol. 2002;76:10020-3 pubmed..The lack of canonical E6-E7 open reading frames suggests that they serve adaptive functions during papillomavirus evolution...
- Kraus T, Lau J, Parisien J, Horvath C. A hybrid IRF9-STAT2 protein recapitulates interferon-stimulated gene expression and antiviral response. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:13033-8 pubmed..The antiviral state generated by regulated IRF9-STAT2 hybrid protein expression is independent of autocrine IFN signaling and inhibits both RNA and DNA viruses. ..
- Fakhrai H, Maines M. Expression and characterization of a cDNA for rat kidney biliverdin reductase. Evidence suggesting the liver and kidney enzymes are the same transcript product. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:4023-9 pubmed..7-6.9 range and NADPH at pH 8.5-8.7. The findings suggest that the liver and kidney enzymes are the products of the same transcript(s) and that their microheterogeneity may reflect tissue-specific post-translational modifications. ..
- Oshida T, Sugai M, Komatsuzawa H, Hong Y, Suginaka H, Tomasz A. A Staphylococcus aureus autolysin that has an N-acetylmuramoyl-L-alanine amidase domain and an endo-beta-N-acetylglucosaminidase domain: cloning, sequence analysis, and characterization. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:285-9 pubmed..aureus...
- Chakravarti D, Maitra U. Eukaryotic translation initiation factor 5 from Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Cloning, characterization, and expression of the gene encoding the 45,346-Da protein. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:10524-33 pubmed..Second, the predicted amino acid sequence of eIF-5 contains sequence motifs characteristic of proteins of the GTPase superfamily. ..
- Tulman E, Afonso C, Lu Z, Zsak L, Sur J, Sandybaev N, et al. The genomes of sheeppox and goatpox viruses. J Virol. 2002;76:6054-61 pubmed..These comparative genomic data indicate the close genetic relationship among capripoxviruses, and they suggest that SPPV and GTPV are distinct and likely derived from an LSDV-like ancestor...
- Tulman E, Afonso C, Lu Z, Zsak L, Kutish G, Rock D. The genome of canarypox virus. J Virol. 2004;78:353-66 pubmed..These data reveal genomic differences likely affecting differences in avipoxvirus virulence and host range, and they will likely be useful for the design of improved vaccine vectors...
- Chen J, de Felipe K, Clarke M, Lu H, Anderson O, Segal G, et al. Legionella effectors that promote nonlytic release from protozoa. Science. 2004;303:1358-61 pubmed..Analysis of mutant strains suggests that the Lep proteins may enable the Legionella to commandeer a protozoan exocytic pathway for dissemination of the pathogen. ..
- Dike S, Balija V, Nascimento L, Xuan Z, Ou J, Zutavern T, et al. The mouse genome: experimental examination of gene predictions and transcriptional start sites. Genome Res. 2004;14:2424-9 pubmed..This approach can be a useful tool in the ongoing efforts to increase the quality of gene annotations, especially transcriptional start sites, in complex genomes. ..
- Mills A. p53: link to the past, bridge to the future. Genes Dev. 2005;19:2091-9 pubmed
- Kapoor A, Mehta N, Esper F, Poljsak Prijatelj M, Quan P, Qaisar N, et al. Identification and characterization of a new bocavirus species in gorillas. PLoS ONE. 2010;5:e11948 pubmed publisher..GBoV is the first non-human primate bocavirus identified and provides new insights into the genetic diversity and evolution of this highly prevalent and recently discovered group of parvoviruses...
- Leyh T, Vogt T, Suo Y. The DNA sequence of the sulfate activation locus from Escherichia coli K-12. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:10405-10 pubmed..NodQ encodes homologues of both CysN and CysC; thus, these enzymes may be covalently associated in R. meliloti. The consensus GTP-binding sequences of NodQ and CysN are identical suggesting that NodQ encodes a regulatory GTPase. ..
- Chen H, Sudol M. The WW domain of Yes-associated protein binds a proline-rich ligand that differs from the consensus established for Src homology 3-binding modules. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1995;92:7819-23 pubmed..Herein, we have implicated the WW domain with a role in mediating protein-protein interactions, as a variant of the paradigm set by Src homology 3 domains and their proline-rich ligands. ..
- Borca M, Kutish G, Afonso C, Irusta P, Carrillo C, Brun A, et al. An African swine fever virus gene with similarity to the T-lymphocyte surface antigen CD2 mediates hemadsorption. Virology. 1994;199:463-8 pubmed..The structural and functional similarities of LMW8-DR to CD2, a protein that is involved in cell-cell adhesion and immune response modulation, suggest a possible role in the pathogenesis of ASFV infection. ..
- Gotlib R, Bishop D, Wang A, Zeidner K, Ioannou Y, Adler D, et al. The entire genomic sequence and cDNA expression of mouse alpha-galactosidase A. Biochem Mol Med. 1996;57:139-48 pubmed
- Banerjee A, Wang R, Uljon S, Rice P, Gotschlich E, Stein D. Identification of the gene (lgtG) encoding the lipooligosaccharide beta chain synthesizing glucosyl transferase from Neisseria gonorrhoeae. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:10872-7 pubmed..These results show that, like the alpha chain, the beta chain of lipooligosaccharide is subject to antigenic variation. ..
- Qiao X, Qiao J, Onodera S, Mindich L. Characterization of phi 13, a bacteriophage related to phi 6 and containing three dsRNA genomic segments. Virology. 2000;275:218-24 pubmed..Despite the differences in the structure of the membranes, the two viruses can successfully exchange the genes for host attachment proteins and thereby change their host specificities...
- Alexandrov A, Martzen M, Phizicky E. Two proteins that form a complex are required for 7-methylguanosine modification of yeast tRNA. RNA. 2002;8:1253-66 pubmed..This functional two-protein family appears to be retained in eukaryotes, as expression of both corresponding human proteins, METTL1 and WDR4, is required for m7G-methyltransferase activity. ..
- Lee N, Mruk D, Xia W, Cheng C. Cellular localization of sphingomyelin synthase 2 in the seminiferous epithelium of adult rat testes. J Endocrinol. 2007;192:17-32 pubmed..Collectively, these results suggest that SMS2 may play a crucial role in the lipid metabolism in acrosome formation and the plasma membrane restructuring from late round spermatids to early elongating spermatids. ..
- Lim L, Swendeman S, Sheffery M. Molecular cloning of the alpha-globin transcription factor CP2. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:828-35 pubmed..Lastly, a data base search revealed that amino acids 63 to 270 of the murine factor are distantly related to a domain in the Drosophila gene regulatory factor Elf-1. ..
- Cheng K, White P, Qin K. Molecular cloning and expression of rat liver 3 alpha-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase. Mol Endocrinol. 1991;5:823-8 pubmed
- Poon M, Marx S, Gallo R, Badimon J, Taubman M, Marks A. Rapamycin inhibits vascular smooth muscle cell migration. J Clin Invest. 1996;98:2277-83 pubmed..0001). Thus, in addition to being a potent immunosuppressant and antiproliferative, rapamycin also inhibits SMC migration. ..
- McNew J, Sogaard M, Lampen N, Machida S, Ye R, Lacomis L, et al. Ykt6p, a prenylated SNARE essential for endoplasmic reticulum-Golgi transport. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:17776-83 pubmed..This is the first example of a human SNARE protein functionally replacing a yeast SNARE. This observation implies that the specific details of the vesicle targeting code, like the genetic code, are conserved in evolution. ..
- Gao X, Dean N. Distinct protein domains of the yeast Golgi GDP-mannose transporter mediate oligomer assembly and export from the endoplasmic reticulum. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:17718-27 pubmed..These studies are consistent with a model in which Vrg4p oligomerizes in the ER and is subsequently transported to the Golgi via a mechanism that involves positive sorting rather than passive default. ..
- Filipe S, Tomasz A. Inhibition of the expression of penicillin resistance in Streptococcus pneumoniae by inactivation of cell wall muropeptide branching genes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:4891-6 pubmed publisher..Our observations indicate that the capacity to produce branched cell wall precursors plays a critical role in the expression of penicillin resistance in S. pneumoniae...
- Stein L, Bao Z, Blasiar D, Blumenthal T, Brent M, Chen N, et al. The genome sequence of Caenorhabditis briggsae: a platform for comparative genomics. PLoS Biol. 2003;1:E45 pubmed..elegans genome. Based on similarity to C. briggsae, we found strong evidence for 1,300 new C. elegans genes. In addition, comparisons of the two genomes will help to understand the evolutionary forces that mold nematode genomes...
- Rescigno J, Mansukhani A, Basilico C. A putative receptor tyrosine kinase with unique structural topology. Oncogene. 1991;6:1909-13 pubmed..Ark mRNA appears to be expressed in most cell lines and adult tissues examined except those of hematopoietic lineage. It is undetectable in undifferentiated teratocarcinoma cells, F9 and N Tera 2. ..
- Bhaumik M, Seldin M, Stanley P. Cloning and chromosomal mapping of the mouse Mgat3 gene encoding N-acetylglucosaminyltransferase III. Gene. 1995;164:295-300 pubmed..3-q13.1 in the human genome. Northern analyses of adult tissues showed that Mgat3 is expressed at high levels in kidney and brain, and at lower levels in many other tissues. ..
- Grundy F, Waters D, Allen S, Henkin T. Regulation of the Bacillus subtilis acetate kinase gene by CcpA. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:7348-55 pubmed..Two sequences resembling the amyO operator site were identified upstream of the ackA promoter; removal of this region resulted in loss of glucose activation of ackA expression. ..