Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on nerve net in California, United States
Locale: California, United States
Topic: nerve net
- Hosseini S, Hoeft F, Kesler S. GAT: a graph-theoretical analysis toolbox for analyzing between-group differences in large-scale structural and functional brain networks. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e40709 pubmed publisher..Along with demonstration of the capabilities of the GAT, this is the first report of altered large-scale structural brain networks in ALL survivors. ..
- Shin M, Moghadam S, Sekirnjak C, Bagnall M, Kolkman K, Jacobs R, et al. Multiple types of cerebellar target neurons and their circuitry in the vestibulo-ocular reflex. J Neurosci. 2011;31:10776-86 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that the cerebellum regulates a simple reflex behavior via at least five different cell types that are postsynaptic to Purkinje cells. ..
- Sanders J, Cowansage K, Baumgärtel K, Mayford M. Elimination of dendritic spines with long-term memory is specific to active circuits. J Neurosci. 2012;32:12570-8 pubmed publisher..These learning-related changes in spine density could reflect a direct mechanism of encoding or alternately could reflect a compensatory adaptation to previously described enhancement in transmission due to glutamate receptor insertion. ..
- Koob G, Le Moal M. Addiction and the brain antireward system. Annu Rev Psychol. 2008;59:29-53 pubmed..Vulnerability to addiction may involve genetic comorbidity and developmental factors at the molecular, cellular, or neurocircuitry levels that sensitize the brain antireward systems. ..
- Assisi C, Stopfer M, Laurent G, Bazhenov M. Adaptive regulation of sparseness by feedforward inhibition. Nat Neurosci. 2007;10:1176-84 pubmed..This simple adaptive mechanism could maintain the sparseness of sensory representations across wide ranges of stimulus conditions. ..
- Zhang F, Wang L, Brauner M, Liewald J, Kay K, Watzke N, et al. Multimodal fast optical interrogation of neural circuitry. Nature. 2007;446:633-9 pubmed..NpHR and ChR2 form a complete system for multimodal, high-speed, genetically targeted, all-optical interrogation of living neural circuits. ..
- Nowotny T, Zhigulin V, Selverston A, Abarbanel H, Rabinovich M. Enhancement of synchronization in a hybrid neural circuit by spike-timing dependent plasticity. J Neurosci. 2003;23:9776-85 pubmed..One functional role of STDP might therefore be to facilitate synchronization or entrainment of nonidentical neurons. ..
- Singh M, Kesler S, Hadi Hosseini S, Kelley R, Amatya D, Hamilton J, et al. Anomalous gray matter structural networks in major depressive disorder. Biol Psychiatry. 2013;74:777-85 pubmed publisher..This is the first report of anomalous large-scale gray matter structural networks in MDD and provides new insights concerning the neurobiological mechanisms associated with this disorder. ..
- Uddin L, Supekar K, Lynch C, Khouzam A, Phillips J, Feinstein C, et al. Salience network-based classification and prediction of symptom severity in children with autism. JAMA Psychiatry. 2013;70:869-79 pubmed publisher..Salience network hyperconnectivity may be a distinguishing feature in children with ASD. Quantification of brain network connectivity is a step toward developing biomarkers for objectively identifying children with ASD. ..
- Greicius M, Kiviniemi V, Tervonen O, Vainionpää V, Alahuhta S, Reiss A, et al. Persistent default-mode network connectivity during light sedation. Hum Brain Mapp. 2008;29:839-47 pubmed publisher..We hypothesize that focal reductions in DMN connectivity, as shown here in the posterior cingulate cortex, may represent a stable correlate of reduced consciousness. ..
- Zhang W, Buckmaster P. Dysfunction of the dentate basket cell circuit in a rat model of temporal lobe epilepsy. J Neurosci. 2009;29:7846-56 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest dysfunction of the dentate basket cell circuit could contribute to hyperexcitability and seizures. ..
- Osakada F, Callaway E. Design and generation of recombinant rabies virus vectors. Nat Protoc. 2013;8:1583-601 pubmed publisher..The entire protocol takes 6-8 weeks. ..
- Volman V, Behrens M, Sejnowski T. Downregulation of parvalbumin at cortical GABA synapses reduces network gamma oscillatory activity. J Neurosci. 2011;31:18137-48 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest a mechanism by which reduced GAD67 and PV in fast-spiking interneurons may contribute to cortical dysfunction in schizophrenia and related psychiatric disorders. ..
- Mitra A, Mitra S, Tsien R. Heterogeneous reallocation of presynaptic efficacy in recurrent excitatory circuits adapting to inactivity. Nat Neurosci. 2011;15:250-7 pubmed publisher..This restricts synaptic output and input, preserving signaling efficacy among a subset of neuronal ensembles while protecting network stability. ..
- Sun Q, Baraban S, Prince D, Huguenard J. Target-specific neuropeptide Y-ergic synaptic inhibition and its network consequences within the mammalian thalamus. J Neurosci. 2003;23:9639-49 pubmed
- Leinwand S, Chalasani S. Neuropeptide signaling remodels chemosensory circuit composition in Caenorhabditis elegans. Nat Neurosci. 2013;16:1461-7 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that sensory context and neuropeptide signaling modify neural networks and suggest general mechanisms for generating flexible behavioral outputs by modulating neural circuit composition. ..
- Deleuze C, Huguenard J. Distinct electrical and chemical connectivity maps in the thalamic reticular nucleus: potential roles in synchronization and sensation. J Neurosci. 2006;26:8633-45 pubmed
- Sohal V, Keist R, Rudolph U, Huguenard J. Dynamic GABA(A) receptor subtype-specific modulation of the synchrony and duration of thalamic oscillations. J Neurosci. 2003;23:3649-57 pubmed..These results not only identify a particular anatomical and molecular target for anti-absence drug design, but also elucidate a specific dynamic mechanism by which inhibitory networks control neural oscillations. ..
- Takeuchi A, O Leary D. Radial migration of superficial layer cortical neurons controlled by novel Ig cell adhesion molecule MDGA1. J Neurosci. 2006;26:4460-4 pubmed..We conclude that MDGA1 acts cell autonomously to control the migration of MDGA1-expressing superficial layer cortical neurons. ..
- Bazhenov M, Timofeev I, Steriade M, Sejnowski T. Self-sustained rhythmic activity in the thalamic reticular nucleus mediated by depolarizing GABAA receptor potentials. Nat Neurosci. 1999;2:168-74 pubmed..This model predicts that the isolated reticular nucleus could initiate sequences of spindle oscillations in thalamocortical networks in vivo. ..
- Song A, Kucyi A, Napadow V, Brown E, Loggia M, Akeju O. Pharmacological Modulation of Noradrenergic Arousal Circuitry Disrupts Functional Connectivity of the Locus Ceruleus in Humans. J Neurosci. 2017;37:6938-6945 pubmed publisher..Our results suggest that the PCC, thalamus, and basal ganglia are key components of a LC-noradrenergic arousal circuit. ..
- Berdnik D, Chihara T, Couto A, Luo L. Wiring stability of the adult Drosophila olfactory circuit after lesion. J Neurosci. 2006;26:3367-76 pubmed..We conclude that, although adult olfactory neurons can undergo plastic changes in response to the loss of competition, the olfactory circuit overall is extremely stable in preserving segregated information channels in this discrete map. ..
- Alabi A, Tsien R. Synaptic vesicle pools and dynamics. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2012;4:a013680 pubmed publisher..We discuss prevailing perspectives on vesicle pools, the role they play in shaping synaptic transmission, and the open questions that challenge current understanding. ..
- Shine J, Kucyi A, Foster B, Bickel S, Wang D, Liu H, et al. Distinct Patterns of Temporal and Directional Connectivity among Intrinsic Networks in the Human Brain. J Neurosci. 2017;37:9667-9674 pubmed publisher..These results provide important temporal information about the interactions between brain networks supporting human cognition and behavior. ..
- Sadaghiani S, Ng B, Altmann A, Poline J, Banaschewski T, Bokde A, et al. Overdominant Effect of a CHRNA4 Polymorphism on Cingulo-Opercular Network Activity and Cognitive Control. J Neurosci. 2017;37:9657-9666 pubmed publisher..This gene-brain-behavior relationship informs about the biological basis of interindividual differences in cognitive control. ..
- Komiyama T, Luo L. Intrinsic control of precise dendritic targeting by an ensemble of transcription factors. Curr Biol. 2007;17:278-85 pubmed..These results begin to provide insights into the global strategy of how an ensemble of TFs regulates wiring specificity of a large number of neurons constituting a neural circuit. ..
- Lacey C, Bryant A, Brill J, Huguenard J. Enhanced NMDA receptor-dependent thalamic excitation and network oscillations in stargazer mice. J Neurosci. 2012;32:11067-81 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that, in stg, a trafficking defect in synaptic AMPARs in RTN cells leads to a compensatory increase in synaptic NMDARs and enhanced thalamic excitability. ..
- Hua J, Smear M, Baier H, Smith S. Regulation of axon growth in vivo by activity-based competition. Nature. 2005;434:1022-6 pubmed..These results therefore identify a new form of activity-based competition rule that might be a key regulator of axon growth and branch initiation. ..
- Levine A, Hinckley C, Hilde K, Driscoll S, Poon T, Montgomery J, et al. Identification of a cellular node for motor control pathways. Nat Neurosci. 2014;17:586-93 pubmed publisher..We speculate that these neurons comprise a cellular network for encoding coordinated motor output programs. ..
- Canakci S, Toy M, Inci A, Liu X, Kuzum D. Computational analysis of network activity and spatial reach of sharp wave-ripples. PLoS ONE. 2017;12:e0184542 pubmed publisher..Our work provides insights on contributions from spikes and synaptic potentials to SPW-Rs and describes the effect of measurement configuration on LFPs to guide experimental studies towards improved SPW-R recordings. ..
- Knutson B, Bossaerts P. Neural antecedents of financial decisions. J Neurosci. 2007;27:8174-7 pubmed..These findings have implications for predicting choices and for building a physiologically constrained theory of decision-making. ..
- Deisseroth K, Feng G, Majewska A, Miesenbock G, Ting A, Schnitzer M. Next-generation optical technologies for illuminating genetically targeted brain circuits. J Neurosci. 2006;26:10380-6 pubmed..Here we explore key recent advances that unite optical and genetic approaches, focusing on promising techniques that either allow novel studies of neural dynamics and behavior or provide fresh perspectives on classic model systems. ..
- Kinney J, Spacek J, Bartol T, Bajaj C, Harris K, Sejnowski T. Extracellular sheets and tunnels modulate glutamate diffusion in hippocampal neuropil. J Comp Neurol. 2013;521:448-64 pubmed publisher..Thus, the non-uniformity found in the extracellular space may have specialized functions for signaling (sheets) and volume transmission (tunnels). ..
- Clarke L, Barres B. Emerging roles of astrocytes in neural circuit development. Nat Rev Neurosci. 2013;14:311-21 pubmed publisher..A better understanding of how astrocytes regulate neural circuit development and function in the healthy and diseased brain might lead to the development of therapeutic agents to treat these diseases. ..
- Clements W, Ong K, Traver D. Zebrafish wnt3 is expressed in developing neural tissue. Dev Dyn. 2009;238:1788-95 pubmed publisher..This lack of early expression should make it possible to study later Wnt3-regulated patterning events, such as neural patterning, by knockdown studies in zebrafish. ..
- Bonjean M, Baker T, Bazhenov M, Cash S, Halgren E, Sejnowski T. Interactions between core and matrix thalamocortical projections in human sleep spindle synchronization. J Neurosci. 2012;32:5250-63 pubmed publisher..In agreement with cortical recordings, the latency for spindles to spread from the core to the matrix was independent of the thalamocortical fanout but highly dependent on the probability of connections between cortical areas. ..
- Dunn T, Feller M. Imaging second messenger dynamics in developing neural circuits. Dev Neurobiol. 2008;68:835-44 pubmed publisher..We review the latest techniques in imaging this specific second messenger cascade, its intimate relationship with changes in intracellular calcium concentration, and several hypotheses regarding its role in neurodevelopment. ..
- Poopatanapong A, Teramitsu I, Byun J, Vician L, Herschman H, White S. Singing, but not seizure, induces synaptotagmin IV in zebra finch song circuit nuclei. J Neurobiol. 2006;66:1613-29 pubmed..Our findings indicate that, within this neural circuit for a procedurally learned sensorimotor behavior, Syt IV is selective and requires precisely patterned neural activity and/or neuromodulation associated with singing. ..
- Chou Y, Spletter M, Yaksi E, Leong J, Wilson R, Luo L. Diversity and wiring variability of olfactory local interneurons in the Drosophila antennal lobe. Nat Neurosci. 2010;13:439-49 pubmed publisher..Our results reveal an unexpected degree of complexity and individual variation in an invertebrate neural circuit, a result that creates challenges for solving the Drosophila connectome. ..
- Lien A, Scanziani M. Tuned thalamic excitation is amplified by visual cortical circuits. Nat Neurosci. 2013;16:1315-23 pubmed publisher..Our results indicate that tuning of thalamic excitation is unlikely to be imparted by direction- or orientation-selective thalamic neurons and that a principal role of cortical circuits is to amplify tuned thalamic excitation. ..
- Goddard C, Huguenard J, KNUDSEN E. Parallel midbrain microcircuits perform independent temporal transformations. J Neurosci. 2014;34:8130-8 pubmed publisher..Thus, the intermediate layers of the OT contain parallel, intercalated microcircuits that generate different temporal patterns of activity linked to the functions of their respective downstream targets. ..
- Sohal V, Huguenard J. Inhibitory interconnections control burst pattern and emergent network synchrony in reticular thalamus. J Neurosci. 2003;23:8978-88 pubmed
- Norcia A, Gerhard H, Meredith W. Development of Relative Disparity Sensitivity in Human Visual Cortex. J Neurosci. 2017;37:5608-5619 pubmed publisher..Relative disparity responses are adult-like no later than 4-7 years of age. ..
- Boettiger C, Mitchell J, Tavares V, Robertson M, Joslyn G, D ESPOSITO M, et al. Immediate reward bias in humans: fronto-parietal networks and a role for the catechol-O-methyltransferase 158(Val/Val) genotype. J Neurosci. 2007;27:14383-91 pubmed..These results shed new light on the neurobiological underpinnings of temporal discounting behavior and identify novel behavioral and neural consequences of genetic variation in dopamine metabolism. ..
- Miller K, Hermes D, Honey C, Hebb A, Ramsey N, Knight R, et al. Human motor cortical activity is selectively phase-entrained on underlying rhythms. PLoS Comput Biol. 2012;8:e1002655 pubmed publisher..We suggest that the beta rhythm may be more than a resting rhythm, and that this entrainment may reflect a suppressive mechanism for actively gating motor function. ..