Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on neoplastic gene expression regulation in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Topic: neoplastic gene expression regulation
Publications220 found, 100 shown here
- Kurland J, Tansey W. Myc-mediated transcriptional repression by recruitment of histone deacetylase. Cancer Res. 2008;68:3624-9 pubmed publisher..These results describe a mechanistic role for MbIII in transcription, and reveal that recruitment of HDAC3 is a process by which Myc represses gene activity. ..
- Scotto L, Narayan G, Nandula S, Subramaniyam S, Kaufmann A, Wright J, et al. Integrative genomics analysis of chromosome 5p gain in cervical cancer reveals target over-expressed genes, including Drosha. Mol Cancer. 2008;7:58 pubmed publisher..Identification of 5p gene targets in CC denotes an important step towards biomarker development and forms a framework for testing as molecular therapeutic targets. ..
- Cen B, Deguchi A, Weinstein I. Activation of protein kinase G Increases the expression of p21CIP1, p27KIP1, and histidine triad protein 1 through Sp1. Cancer Res. 2008;68:5355-62 pubmed publisher..They also provide a rationale for further developing activators of PKG for the prevention and treatment of cancer. ..
- Schwartz M, Liu H, Hwang D, Kawamoto H, Scherr D. Antitumor effects of an imidazoquinoline in renal cell carcinoma. Urology. 2009;73:1156-62 pubmed publisher..Preliminary data from a mouse model of metastatic RCC also suggest antitumor effects and induction of apoptosis in vivo. ..
- Difeo A, Narla G, Martignetti J. Emerging roles of Kruppel-like factor 6 and Kruppel-like factor 6 splice variant 1 in ovarian cancer progression and treatment. Mt Sinai J Med. 2009;76:557-66 pubmed publisher..These results and our recent demonstration that the inhibition of Kruppel-like factor 6 splice variant 1 can dramatically prolong survival in a preclinical mouse model of ovarian cancer are reviewed and discussed. ..
- Lee M, Lu A, Gudas L. Transcriptional regulation of Rex1 (zfp42) in normal prostate epithelial cells and prostate cancer cells. J Cell Physiol. 2010;224:17-27 pubmed publisher..This lack of positive transcriptional regulation by the hRex1 protein may be responsible for the lack of Rex1 expression in PC-3 prostate cancer cells. ..
- Yan J, Katz A. PectaSol-C modified citrus pectin induces apoptosis and inhibition of proliferation in human and mouse androgen-dependent and- independent prostate cancer cells. Integr Cancer Ther. 2010;9:197-203 pubmed publisher..PectaSol MCP and PectaSol-C MCP can inhibit cell proliferation and apoptosis in prostate cancer cell lines. Our data suggested that 1.0% PectaSol-C can be used for further chemopreventive and chemotherapeutic analysis in vivo. ..
- Tang P, Wang J, Hicks D, Wang X, Schiffhauer L, McMahon L, et al. A lower Allred score for progesterone receptor is strongly associated with a higher recurrence score of 21-gene assay in breast cancer. Cancer Invest. 2010;28:978-82 pubmed publisher..926 (mitosis) -2.408 (PR) -1.061 (HER2) + 7.051 (luminal A) + 29.172 (luminal B) predicts RS with an R² of 0.65. In conclusion, PR negativity, luminal B subtype, tubal formation, and mitosis are strongly correlated with a higher RS. ..
- Mukherjee B, Morgenbesser S, DePinho R. Myc family oncoproteins function through a common pathway to transform normal cells in culture: cross-interference by Max and trans-acting dominant mutants. Genes Dev. 1992;6:1480-92 pubmed
- Shi Y, Alin K, Goff S. Abl-interactor-1, a novel SH3 protein binding to the carboxy-terminal portion of the Abl protein, suppresses v-abl transforming activity. Genes Dev. 1995;9:2583-97 pubmed..We suggest that the Abi-1 protein may serve as a regulator of Abl function in transformation or in signal transduction. ..
- Tam W, Ben Yehuda D, Hayward W. bic, a novel gene activated by proviral insertions in avian leukosis virus-induced lymphomas, is likely to function through its noncoding RNA. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:1490-502 pubmed..The possible role of bic in cell growth and differentiation is discussed in view of the emerging evidence that untranslated RNAs play a role in growth control. ..
- Chesi M, Nardini E, Lim R, Smith K, Kuehl W, Bergsagel P. The t(4;14) translocation in myeloma dysregulates both FGFR3 and a novel gene, MMSET, resulting in IgH/MMSET hybrid transcripts. Blood. 1998;92:3025-34 pubmed..This is the first example of an IgH translocation that simultaneously dysregulates two genes with oncogenic potential: FGFR3 on der(14) and MMSET on der(4). ..
- Rothschild G, Zhao X, Iavarone A, Lasorella A. E Proteins and Id2 converge on p57Kip2 to regulate cell cycle in neural cells. Mol Cell Biol. 2006;26:4351-61 pubmed
- Toschi A, Lee E, Gadir N, Ohh M, Foster D. Differential dependence of hypoxia-inducible factors 1 alpha and 2 alpha on mTORC1 and mTORC2. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:34495-9 pubmed publisher..Because HIF2 alpha is apparently more critical in RCC, this study underscores the importance of targeting mTORC2 and perhaps Akt2 signaling in RCC and other proliferative disorders in which HIF2 alpha has been implicated. ..
- Greene L, Lee H, Angelastro J. The transcription factor ATF5: role in neurodevelopment and neural tumors. J Neurochem. 2009;108:11-22 pubmed publisher..Further studies are needed to identify the transcriptional targets of ATF5 and the mechanisms by which its expression is regulated in neuroprogenitors and tumors. ..
- Tafe L, Garg K, Chew I, Tornos C, Soslow R. Endometrial and ovarian carcinomas with undifferentiated components: clinically aggressive and frequently underrecognized neoplasms. Mod Pathol. 2010;23:781-9 pubmed publisher..These tumors can occur in young women, may be associated with microsatellite instability and behave in a clinically aggressive manner. ..
- Su Z, Goldstein N, Fisher P. Antisense inhibition of the PTI-1 oncogene reverses cancer phenotypes. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1998;95:1764-9 pubmed..In these contexts, PTI-1 not only represents a gene with discriminating diagnostic properties but also may serve as a target for the gene-based therapy of human prostate and other cancers. ..
- Pasqualucci L, Migliazza A, Basso K, Houldsworth J, Chaganti R, Dalla Favera R. Mutations of the BCL6 proto-oncogene disrupt its negative autoregulation in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Blood. 2003;101:2914-23 pubmed..This study establishes a novel mechanism for BCL6 deregulation and reveals a broader involvement of this gene in DLBCL pathogenesis. ..
- Cannon M, Cesarman E. The KSHV G protein-coupled receptor signals via multiple pathways to induce transcription factor activation in primary effusion lymphoma cells. Oncogene. 2004;23:514-23 pubmed..Furthermore, unlike in other cell types, NFkappaB activation by vGPCR seems not to be substantially mediated by Gi or PI3K/Akt in PEL cells. ..
- Emdad L, Sarkar D, Su Z, Boukerche H, Bar Eli M, Fisher P. Progression elevated gene-3 (PEG-3) induces pleiotropic effects on tumor progression: modulation of genomic stability and invasion. J Cell Physiol. 2005;202:135-46 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that PEG-3 plays a central role in augmenting tumor progression by modulating several critical parameters of the carcinogenic process, such as genomic stability and local tumor cell invasion. ..
- Sparmann A, Bar Sagi D. Ras-induced interleukin-8 expression plays a critical role in tumor growth and angiogenesis. Cancer Cell. 2004;6:447-58 pubmed..Collectively, our data identify a novel mechanism by which the Ras oncogene can elicit a stromal response that fosters cancer progression. ..
- Chen Y, Tu J, Kao J, Zhou X, Mazumdar M. Messenger RNA expression ratios among four genes predict subtypes of renal cell carcinoma and distinguish oncocytoma from carcinoma. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:6558-66 pubmed..Whether these renal tumors can be distinguished by their mRNA expression profile of a few selected genes was examined...
- Moore M, Chung K, Plasilova M, Schuringa J, Shieh J, Zhou P, et al. NUP98 dysregulation in myeloid leukemogenesis. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2007;1106:114-42 pubmed..Analysis of NUP98 allelic expression in AML and myelodysplastic syndrome showed loss of heterozygosity observed in 29% of the former and 8% of the latter. This was associated with poor prognosis. ..
- Lae M, Ahn E, Mercado G, Chuai S, Edgar M, Pawel B, et al. Global gene expression profiling of PAX-FKHR fusion-positive alveolar and PAX-FKHR fusion-negative embryonal rhabdomyosarcomas. J Pathol. 2007;212:143-51 pubmed..The gene expression signature of ARMS provides a source of potential diagnostic markers, therapeutic targets, and PAX-FKHR downstream genes, and can be used to reliably distinguish these sarcomas from ERMS...
- Subbaramaiah K, Hudis C, Chang S, Hla T, Dannenberg A. EP2 and EP4 receptors regulate aromatase expression in human adipocytes and breast cancer cells. Evidence of a BRCA1 and p300 exchange. J Biol Chem. 2008;283:3433-44 pubmed..Reciprocal changes in the interaction between BRCA1, p300, and the aromatase promoter I.3/II contributed to the inductive effects of PGE(2). ..
- Villanueva A, Chiang D, Newell P, Peix J, Thung S, Alsinet C, et al. Pivotal role of mTOR signaling in hepatocellular carcinoma. Gastroenterology. 2008;135:1972-83, 1983.e1-11 pubmed publisher..MTOR blockade with everolimus is effective in vivo. These findings establish a rationale for targeting the mTOR pathway in clinical trials in HCC. ..
- Li Q, Kluz T, Sun H, Costa M. Mechanisms of c-myc degradation by nickel compounds and hypoxia. PLoS ONE. 2009;4:e8531 pubmed publisher..Our study demonstrated that Nickel and hypoxia exposure increased c-myc T58 phosphorylation and decreased USP28 protein levels in cancer cells, which both lead to enhanced c-myc ubiquitination and proteasomal degradation. ..
- Manfredi J. The Mdm2-p53 relationship evolves: Mdm2 swings both ways as an oncogene and a tumor suppressor. Genes Dev. 2010;24:1580-9 pubmed publisher..Hence, Mdm2 is proving to be a key player in human cancer in its own right, and thus an important target for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Mangues R, Corral T, Lu S, Symmans W, Liu L, Pellicer A. NF1 inactivation cooperates with N-ras in in vivo lymphogenesis activating Erk by a mechanism independent of its Ras-GTPase accelerating activity. Oncogene. 1998;17:1705-16 pubmed
- Melnick A, Westendorf J, Polinger A, Carlile G, Arai S, Ball H, et al. The ETO protein disrupted in t(8;21)-associated acute myeloid leukemia is a corepressor for the promyelocytic leukemia zinc finger protein. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:2075-86 pubmed..This identifies ETO as a cofactor for a sequence-specific transcription factor and indicates that, like other corepressors, it functions through the action of histone deactylase. ..
- Shan J, Mason J, Yuan L, Barcia M, Porti D, Calabro A, et al. Rab6c, a new member of the rab gene family, is involved in drug resistance in MCF7/AdrR cells. Gene. 2000;257:67-75 pubmed..These results indicate that Rab6c is involved in drug resistance in MCF7/AdrR cells. ..
- Alaminos M, Mora J, Cheung N, Smith A, Qin J, Chen L, et al. Genome-wide analysis of gene expression associated with MYCN in human neuroblastoma. Cancer Res. 2003;63:4538-46 pubmed
- Patan S. Vasculogenesis and angiogenesis. Cancer Treat Res. 2004;117:3-32 pubmed..The cellular mechanisms and the molecular regulation of angiogenesis in the pathological state are summarized and the differences of physiological and pathological angiogenesis elaborated. ..
- Hernando E, Nahle Z, Juan G, Diaz Rodriguez E, Alaminos M, Hemann M, et al. Rb inactivation promotes genomic instability by uncoupling cell cycle progression from mitotic control. Nature. 2004;430:797-802 pubmed
- Wang F, So J, Reierstad S, Fishman D. Matrilysin (MMP-7) promotes invasion of ovarian cancer cells by activation of progelatinase. Int J Cancer. 2005;114:19-31 pubmed..These results indicate MMP-7 is overexpressed in malignant ovarian epithelium and suggest MMP-7 may facilitate tumor cell invasion in vivo partly through the induction of progelatinase activation. ..
- Williams T, Hassan G, Li J, Cohen A, Medina F, Frank P, et al. Caveolin-1 promotes tumor progression in an autochthonous mouse model of prostate cancer: genetic ablation of Cav-1 delays advanced prostate tumor development in tramp mice. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:25134-45 pubmed..Our current findings provide the first in vivo molecular genetic evidence that Cav-1 does indeed function as a tumor promoter during prostate carcinogenesis, rather than as a tumor suppressor. ..
- Campagne F, Skrabanek L. Mining expressed sequence tags identifies cancer markers of clinical interest. BMC Bioinformatics. 2006;7:481 pubmed..Finally, our study suggests new strategies to select and evaluate cancer biomarkers in microarray studies. ..
- Waxman S, Wurmbach E. De-regulation of common housekeeping genes in hepatocellular carcinoma. BMC Genomics. 2007;8:243 pubmed..This study assessed eight stages of hepatitis C virus (HCV) induced hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) to search for appropriate genes for normalization...
- Braunstein S, Karpisheva K, Pola C, Goldberg J, Hochman T, Yee H, et al. A hypoxia-controlled cap-dependent to cap-independent translation switch in breast cancer. Mol Cell. 2007;28:501-12 pubmed..The switch from cap-dependent to cap-independent mRNA translation facilitates tumor angiogenesis and hypoxia responses in animal models. ..
- Sarkar D, Park E, Emdad L, Lee S, Su Z, Fisher P. Molecular basis of nuclear factor-kappaB activation by astrocyte elevated gene-1. Cancer Res. 2008;68:1478-84 pubmed publisher..In these contexts, AEG-1 represents a viable potential target for the therapy of malignant glioma. ..
- Schönleben F, Allendorf J, Qiu W, Li X, Ho D, Ciau N, et al. Mutational analyses of multiple oncogenic pathways in intraductal papillary mucinous neoplasms of the pancreas. Pancreas. 2008;36:168-72 pubmed publisher..The KRAS, BRAF, and PIK3CA, however, could represent interesting targets for future therapies in these lesions. ..
- Teng G, Papavasiliou F. Shhh! Silencing by microRNA-155. Philos Trans R Soc Lond B Biol Sci. 2009;364:631-7 pubmed publisher..Here, we review recent findings on the function of miR-155, particularly its roles in mammalian innate and adaptive immunity, viral infection and oncogenesis. ..
- Huse J, Brennan C, Hambardzumyan D, Wee B, Pena J, Rouhanifard S, et al. The PTEN-regulating microRNA miR-26a is amplified in high-grade glioma and facilitates gliomagenesis in vivo. Genes Dev. 2009;23:1327-37 pubmed publisher..Our results document a new epigenetic mechanism for PTEN regulation in glioma and further highlight dysregulation of Akt signaling as crucial to the development of these tumors. ..
- Saito M, Novak U, Piovan E, Basso K, Sumazin P, Schneider C, et al. BCL6 suppression of BCL2 via Miz1 and its disruption in diffuse large B cell lymphoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:11294-9 pubmed publisher..These results identify an important function for BCL6 in facilitating apoptosis of GC B cells via suppression of BCL2, and suggest that blocking this pathway is critical for lymphomagenesis. ..
- Wilson A, Chueh A, Tögel L, Corner G, Ahmed N, Goel S, et al. Apoptotic sensitivity of colon cancer cells to histone deacetylase inhibitors is mediated by an Sp1/Sp3-activated transcriptional program involving immediate-early gene induction. Cancer Res. 2010;70:609-20 pubmed publisher..Our findings link HDACi-induced apoptosis to activation of a Spl/Sp3-mediated response that involves derepression of a transcriptional network basally repressed in colon cancer...
- Beckerman R, Prives C. Transcriptional regulation by p53. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2010;2:a000935 pubmed publisher..How p53 is able to discriminate between these different loci is the subject of intense research. Here, we describe key aspects of the fundamentals of p53-mediated transcriptional regulation and target gene promoter selectivity. ..
- Richon V, Sandhoff T, Rifkind R, Marks P. Histone deacetylase inhibitor selectively induces p21WAF1 expression and gene-associated histone acetylation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2000;97:10014-9 pubmed..Thus, the present findings indicate that the induction of p21(WAF1) by SAHA is regulated, at least in part, by the degree of acetylation of the gene-associated histones and that this induced increase in acetylation is gene selective. ..
- Gupta P, Walter M, Su Z, Lebedeva I, Emdad L, Randolph A, et al. BiP/GRP78 is an intracellular target for MDA-7/IL-24 induction of cancer-specific apoptosis. Cancer Res. 2006;66:8182-91 pubmed
- Zhang Y, Howell R, Alfonso D, Yu J, Kong L, Wittig J, et al. IFI16 inhibits tumorigenicity and cell proliferation of bone and cartilage tumor cells. Front Biosci. 2007;12:4855-63 pubmed..In view of such effects, IFI16 might be a suitable target for therapeutic intervention in osteosarcoma and chondrosarcoma. ..
- Ding I, Sun J, Fenton B, Liu W, Kimsely P, Okunieff P, et al. Intratumoral administration of endostatin plasmid inhibits vascular growth and perfusion in MCa-4 murine mammary carcinomas. Cancer Res. 2001;61:526-31 pubmed..12 +/- 0.16 versus 2.44 +/- 0.35]. Our data suggest that intratumoral delivery of the endostatin gene efficiently suppresses murine mammary carcinoma growth and support the potential utility of the endostatin gene for cancer therapy. ..
- Yan Y, Park S, Janz S, Eckhardt L. In a model of immunoglobulin heavy-chain (IGH)/MYC translocation, the Igh 3' regulatory region induces MYC expression at the immature stage of B cell development. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2007;46:950-9 pubmed..Our data show that hMYC is expressed almost exclusively in B-lineage cells and is induced to high levels as soon as bone marrow cells reach the immature B cell stage. ..
- Beckerman R, Donner A, Mattia M, Peart M, Manley J, Espinosa J, et al. A role for Chk1 in blocking transcriptional elongation of p21 RNA during the S-phase checkpoint. Genes Dev. 2009;23:1364-77 pubmed publisher..These findings demonstrate for the first time a link between the replication checkpoint mediated by ATR/Chk1 and the transcription elongation/3' processing machinery. ..
- Trotman L, Niki M, Dotan Z, Koutcher J, Di Cristofano A, Xiao A, et al. Pten dose dictates cancer progression in the prostate. PLoS Biol. 2003;1:E59 pubmed..Our results provide conclusive genetic support for the notion that PTEN is haploinsufficient in tumor suppression and that its dose is a key determinant in cancer progression. ..
- Narla G, Difeo A, Yao S, Banno A, Hod E, Reeves H, et al. Targeted inhibition of the KLF6 splice variant, KLF6 SV1, suppresses prostate cancer cell growth and spread. Cancer Res. 2005;65:5761-8 pubmed..Together, these findings begin to highlight a dynamic and functional antagonism between wtKLF6 and its splice variant KLF6 SV1 in tumor growth and dissemination. ..
- Teixeira M, Camacho Vanegas O, Fernandez Y, Narla G, Difeo A, Lee B, et al. KLF6 allelic loss is associated with tumor recurrence and markedly decreased survival in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. Int J Cancer. 2007;121:1976-83 pubmed..Taken together, these findings suggest that KLF6 LOH represents a clinically-relevant biomarker predicting patient survival and tumor recurrence and that dysregulation of KLF6 function plays an important role in HNSCC progression. ..
- Rosenwald I, Wang S, Savas L, Woda B, Pullman J. Expression of translation initiation factor eIF-2alpha is increased in benign and malignant melanocytic and colonic epithelial neoplasms. Cancer. 2003;98:1080-8 pubmed
- Wang L, Ossowski L, Ferrari A. Androgen receptor level controlled by a suppressor complex lost in an androgen-independent prostate cancer cell line. Oncogene. 2004;23:5175-84 pubmed..Thus, epigenetic transcriptional silencing of the suppressor protein(s) may be responsible for AR overexpression in AI cells, and its reversal in hormone-independent PC may normalize AR levels and restore their hormone dependence. ..
- Iida S, Rao P, Butler M, Corradini P, Boccadoro M, Klein B, et al. Deregulation of MUM1/IRF4 by chromosomal translocation in multiple myeloma. Nat Genet. 1997;17:226-30 pubmed..These findings identify a novel genetic alteration associated with MM, with implications for the pathogenesis and diagnostics of this tumour. ..
- Korkola J, Houldsworth J, Dobrzynski D, Olshen A, Reuter V, Bosl G, et al. Gene expression-based classification of nonseminomatous male germ cell tumors. Oncogene. 2005;24:5101-7 pubmed..Thus, the expression-based classifier accurately assigned a single predominant histology to mixed NSGCTs, and identified transcripts differentially expressed between histologic components with relevance to NSGCT differentiation. ..
- Chen Y, Scanlan M, Sahin U, Tureci O, Gure A, Tsang S, et al. A testicular antigen aberrantly expressed in human cancers detected by autologous antibody screening. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:1914-8 pubmed..These antigens, initially detected by either cytotoxic T cells (MAGE, BAGE, GAGE-1) or antibodies [HOM-MEL-40(SSX2), NY-ESO-1], represent a pool of antigenic targets for cancer vaccination. ..
- Veeriah S, Brennan C, Meng S, Singh B, Fagin J, Solit D, et al. The tyrosine phosphatase PTPRD is a tumor suppressor that is frequently inactivated and mutated in glioblastoma and other human cancers. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009;106:9435-40 pubmed publisher..PTPRD was found to dephosphorylate the oncoprotein STAT3. These results implicate PTPRD as a tumor suppressor on chromosome 9p that is involved in the development of GBMs and multiple human cancers. ..
- Peng Y, Li C, Chen F, Wang Z, Ligr M, Melamed J, et al. Stimulation of prostate cancer cellular proliferation and invasion by the androgen receptor co-activator ARA70. Am J Pathol. 2008;172:225-35 pubmed..Our findings implicate ARA70 beta as a regulator of tumor cell growth and metastasis by affecting gene expression. ..
- Wu L, Nam Y, Kung G, Crow M, Kitsis R. Induction of the apoptosis inhibitor ARC by Ras in human cancers. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:19235-45 pubmed publisher..In addition to the effects of Ras on ARC abundance, ARC mediates Ras-induced cell survival and cell cycle progression. Thus, Ras induces ARC in epithelial cancers, and ARC plays a role in the oncogenic actions of Ras. ..
- Llovet J, Chen Y, Wurmbach E, Roayaie S, Fiel M, Schwartz M, et al. A molecular signature to discriminate dysplastic nodules from early hepatocellular carcinoma in HCV cirrhosis. Gastroenterology. 2006;131:1758-67 pubmed..Molecular data based on gene transcriptional profiles of a 3-gene set allow a reliable diagnosis of early HCC. Immunostaining of GPC3 confirms the diagnosis of HCC. ..
- Sepp Lorenzino L, Rosen N. A farnesyl-protein transferase inhibitor induces p21 expression and G1 block in p53 wild type tumor cells. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:20243-51 pubmed..These results suggest that farnesylated protein(s) may be involved in regulating p53 function and in coordinating entrance into S, and that the consequences of FTI treatment are a function of the other mutations found in the tumor cell. ..
- Shuch B, Mikhail M, Satagopan J, Lee P, Yee H, Chang C, et al. Racial disparity of epidermal growth factor receptor expression in prostate cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2004;22:4725-9 pubmed..003). Our data demonstrate that race contributes significantly to variability of EGFR expression in prostate cancer. Racial background may have an impact on the design of clinical trials to test the efficacy of anti-EGFR agents. ..
- Yantiss R, Goodarzi M, Zhou X, Rennert H, Pirog E, Banner B, et al. Clinical, pathologic, and molecular features of early-onset colorectal carcinoma. Am J Surg Pathol. 2009;33:572-82 pubmed publisher..Posttranslational regulation of mRNA and subsequent protein expression may be particularly important to the development of colorectal carcinomas in young patients. ..
- Khokhar N, She Y, Rusch V, Sirotnak F. Experimental therapeutics with a new 10-deazaaminopterin in human mesothelioma: further improving efficacy through structural design, pharmacologic modulation at the level of MRP ATPases, and combined therapy with platinums. Clin Cancer Res. 2001;7:3199-205 pubmed..These results strongly suggest that PDX has significant potential in the treatment of human pleural mesothelioma, particularly when coadministered with probenecid or combined with platinum compounds. ..
- Hatzivassiliou G, Miller I, Takizawa J, Palanisamy N, Rao P, Iida S, et al. IRTA1 and IRTA2, novel immunoglobulin superfamily receptors expressed in B cells and involved in chromosome 1q21 abnormalities in B cell malignancy. Immunity. 2001;14:277-89 pubmed..In tumor cell lines with 1q21 abnormalities, IRTA2 expression is deregulated. Thus, IRTA1 and IRTA2 are novel immunoreceptors implicated in B cell development and lymphomagenesis. ..
- Zhang Z, Pak J, Huang H, Shapiro E, Sun T, Pellicer A, et al. Role of Ha-ras activation in superficial papillary pathway of urothelial tumor formation. Oncogene. 2001;20:1973-80 pubmed
- Sun Y, Li J, Huang Y, Zhang L, Huang P, Lee Huang S. Anti-HIV agent MAP30 modulates the expression profile of viral and cellular genes for proliferation and apoptosis in AIDS-related lymphoma cells infected with Kaposi's sarcoma-associated virus. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2001;287:983-94 pubmed..These results provide valuable insight into the molecular mechanisms of MAP30 anti-KS action and suggest its utility as a therapeutic agent against AIDS-related tumors. ..
- Scanlan M, Gordon C, Williamson B, Lee S, Chen Y, Stockert E, et al. Identification of cancer/testis genes by database mining and mRNA expression analysis. Int J Cancer. 2002;98:485-92 pubmed..This study demonstrates the merits of database mining with respect to the identification of tissue-restricted gene products expressed in cancer. ..
- Zhu G, Lenzi M, Schwartz E. The Sp1 transcription factor contributes to the tumor necrosis factor-induced expression of the angiogenic factor thymidine phosphorylase in human colon carcinoma cells. Oncogene. 2002;21:8477-85 pubmed..Sp1-binding activity was also increased in cells treated with TNFalpha. These studies establish a role for Sp1 in the regulation of expression of the angiogenic factor TP in colon cancer WiDr cells. ..
- Krueger J, Zhao Y, Murphy D, Sudol M. Differential expression of p62c-yes in normal, hyperplastic and neoplastic human epidermis. Oncogene. 1991;6:933-40 pubmed..Keratinocytes provide a normal epithelial cell model in which the biochemical function of p62c-yes can be studied. ..
- Pérez de Castro I, Malumbres M, Santos J, Pellicer A, Fernandez Piqueras J. Cooperative alterations of Rb pathway regulators in mouse primary T cell lymphomas. Carcinogenesis. 1999;20:1675-82 pubmed..Taken together, these data suggest that deregulation of the Rb pathway regulators and/or oncogenic activation of K-ras may represent a common important clue in progression of murine T cell lymphomas. ..
- Gottardi C, Wong E, Gumbiner B. E-cadherin suppresses cellular transformation by inhibiting beta-catenin signaling in an adhesion-independent manner. J Cell Biol. 2001;153:1049-60 pubmed..The existence of functionally distinct pools of cytosolic beta-catenin suggests that there are mechanisms to regulate beta-catenin signaling in addition to controlling its level of accumulation. ..
- Masuda M, Suzui M, Weinstein I. Effects of epigallocatechin-3-gallate on growth, epidermal growth factor receptor signaling pathways, gene expression, and chemosensitivity in human head and neck squamous cell carcinoma cell lines. Clin Cancer Res. 2001;7:4220-9 pubmed
- Sauane M, Gopalkrishnan R, Sarkar D, Su Z, Lebedeva I, Dent P, et al. MDA-7/IL-24: novel cancer growth suppressing and apoptosis inducing cytokine. Cytokine Growth Factor Rev. 2003;14:35-51 pubmed..Various aspects of this intriguing molecule including its cytokine and anti-tumoral effects are described and discussed. ..
- Taneja S, Ha S, Swenson N, Torra I, Rome S, Walden P, et al. ART-27, an androgen receptor coactivator regulated in prostate development and cancer. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:13944-52 pubmed
- Sarkar D, Su Z, Lebedeva I, Sauane M, Gopalkrishnan R, Valerie K, et al. mda-7 (IL-24) Mediates selective apoptosis in human melanoma cells by inducing the coordinated overexpression of the GADD family of genes by means of p38 MAPK. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:10054-9 pubmed..These results support the hypothesis that Ad.mda-7 mediates induction of the GADD family of genes by means of the p38 MAPK pathway, thereby resulting in the selective induction of apoptosis in human melanoma cells. ..
- Dong J, Phelps R, Qiao R, Yao S, Benard O, Ronai Z, et al. BRAF oncogenic mutations correlate with progression rather than initiation of human melanoma. Cancer Res. 2003;63:3883-5 pubmed
- Angelastro J, Canoll P, Kuo J, Weicker M, Costa A, Bruce J, et al. Selective destruction of glioblastoma cells by interference with the activity or expression of ATF5. Oncogene. 2006;25:907-16 pubmed..The widespread expression of ATF5 in glioblastomas and the selective effect of interference with ATF5 function/expression on their survival suggest that ATF5 may be an attractive target for therapeutic intervention in such tumors. ..
- Tse A, Sheikh T, Alan H, Chou T, Schwartz G. 90-kDa heat shock protein inhibition abrogates the topoisomerase I poison-induced G2/M checkpoint in p53-null tumor cells by depleting Chk1 and Wee1. Mol Pharmacol. 2009;75:124-33 pubmed publisher..Taken together, 17AAG specifically inhibits the G(2)/M checkpoint in p53-defective cells by down-regulation of two critical checkpoint kinases, Chk1 and Wee1. ..
- Engelman J, Lee R, Karnezis A, Bearss D, Webster M, Siegel P, et al. Reciprocal regulation of neu tyrosine kinase activity and caveolin-1 protein expression in vitro and in vivo. Implications for human breast cancer. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:20448-55 pubmed..Taken together, our data suggest that a novel form of reciprocal negative regulation exists between c-Neu and caveolin-1. ..