Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on neoplasms in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Publications455 found, 100 shown here
- Chemaitilly W, Boulad F, Heller G, Kernan N, Small T, O Reilly R, et al. Final height in pediatric patients after hyperfractionated total body irradiation and stem cell transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplant. 2007;40:29-35 pubmed..Final height after hyperfractionated TBI was similar to that reported after fractionated TBI. ..
- Zhou C, Verma S, Blumberg B. The steroid and xenobiotic receptor (SXR), beyond xenobiotic metabolism. Nucl Recept Signal. 2009;7:e001 pubmed publisher..The discovery and pharmacological development of new PXR modulators might represent an interesting and innovative therapeutic approach to combat various diseases. ..
- Korta D, Tuck S, Hubbard E. S6K links cell fate, cell cycle and nutrient response in C. elegans germline stem/progenitor cells. Development. 2012;139:859-70 pubmed publisher..Our studies establish the C. elegans germ line as an in vivo model to understand TOR-S6K signaling in proliferation and differentiation and suggest that this pathway is a key nutrient-responsive regulator of germline progenitors. ..
- Zhang J, Manley J. Misregulation of pre-mRNA alternative splicing in cancer. Cancer Discov. 2013;3:1228-37 pubmed publisher..A better understanding of this misregulation will potentially reveal a group of novel drug targets for therapeutic intervention. ..
- Collum R, Fisher P, Datta M, Mellis S, Thiele C, Huebner K, et al. A novel POU homeodomain gene specifically expressed in cells of the developing mammalian nervous system. Nucleic Acids Res. 1992;20:4919-25 pubmed..Based on its unique structural characteristics and expression pattern, we discuss potential functions for the RDC-1 protein. ..
- Chen Y, Scanlan M, Sahin U, Tureci O, Gure A, Tsang S, et al. A testicular antigen aberrantly expressed in human cancers detected by autologous antibody screening. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1997;94:1914-8 pubmed..These antigens, initially detected by either cytotoxic T cells (MAGE, BAGE, GAGE-1) or antibodies [HOM-MEL-40(SSX2), NY-ESO-1], represent a pool of antigenic targets for cancer vaccination. ..
- Li J, Yen C, Liaw D, Podsypanina K, Bose S, Wang S, et al. PTEN, a putative protein tyrosine phosphatase gene mutated in human brain, breast, and prostate cancer. Science. 1997;275:1943-7 pubmed..These homologies suggest that PTEN may suppress tumor cell growth by antagonizing protein tyrosine kinases and may regulate tumor cell invasion and metastasis through interactions at focal adhesions. ..
- Morgan J, Ginsburg M, Sonett J, Morales D, Kohmoto T, Gorenstein L, et al. Advanced thoracoscopic procedures are facilitated by computer-aided robotic technology. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2003;23:883-7; discussion 887 pubmed..The increased visualization and instrument dexterity afforded by this technology may facilitate the development of minimally invasive thoracic approaches that were previously not feasible. ..
- Ogden A, Mayer S, Connolly E. Hyperosmolar agents in neurosurgical practice: the evolving role of hypertonic saline. Neurosurgery. 2005;57:207-15; discussion 207-15 pubmed..Hypertonic saline is emerging as an alternative to mannitol. Early data suggest that indications for each agent may ultimately depend on ICP etiology. ..
- Koff A. How to decrease p27Kip1 levels during tumor development. Cancer Cell. 2006;9:75-6 pubmed
- Goel S, Cohen M, Cömezoğlu S, Perrin L, Andre F, Jayabalan D, et al. The effect of ketoconazole on the pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of ixabepilone: a first in class epothilone B analogue in late-phase clinical development. Clin Cancer Res. 2008;14:2701-9 pubmed publisher..Strong inhibitors of CYP3A4 should be used cautiously in the context of ixabepilone dosing. ..
- Brooks C, Gu W. How does SIRT1 affect metabolism, senescence and cancer?. Nat Rev Cancer. 2009;9:123-8 pubmed publisher..Here we discuss the current understanding of how SIRT1 functions in light of recent discoveries and propose that the net outcome of the seemingly opposite oncogenic and tumour-suppressive effects of SIRT1 depends on the status of p53. ..
- Li G, Calderwood S. Hyperthermia classic article commentary: 'Re-induction of hsp70 synthesis: an assay for thermotolerance' by Gloria C. Li and Johnson Y. Mak, International Journal of Hyperthermia 1989;5:389-403. Int J Hyperthermia. 2009;25:258-61 pubmed publisher..This study suggests an approach for quantifying the level of retained thermotolerance during fractionated hyperthermia. ..
- Benet M, Dulman R, Suzme R, de Miera E, Vega M, Nguyen T, et al. Wild type N-ras displays anti-malignant properties, in part by downregulating decorin. J Cell Physiol. 2012;227:2341-51 pubmed publisher..The components of the pathways modulated by wt N-ras mediating its anti-malignant effects are potential targets for therapeutic intervention in cancer. ..
- Breitbart W, Alici Y. Evidence-based treatment of delirium in patients with cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2012;30:1206-14 pubmed publisher..This article presents evidence-based recommendations based on the results of pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic studies of the treatment and prevention of delirium. ..
- Khera N, Holland J, Griffin J. Setting the stage for universal financial distress screening in routine cancer care. Cancer. 2017;123:4092-4096 pubmed publisher..Cancer 2017;123:4092-4096. © 2017 American Cancer Society. ..
- González Sancho J, Garcia V, Bonilla F, Munoz A. Thyroid hormone receptors/THR genes in human cancer. Cancer Lett. 2003;192:121-32 pubmed..Together with other in vitro data indicating connections between TR and p53, Rb, cyclin D and other cell cycle regulators and oncogenes, these results suggest that THRA and THRB may be involved in human cancer. ..
- Laifer Narin S, Budorick N, Simpson L, Platt L. Fetal magnetic resonance imaging: a review. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol. 2007;19:151-6 pubmed..Recent studies have shown that magnetic resonance imaging can add significantly to the prenatal diagnosis and management of congenital abnormalities. In addition, placental abnormalities have been diagnosed with greater accuracy. ..
- Hooper A, Shmelkov S, Gupta S, Milde T, Bambino K, Gillen K, et al. Angiomodulin is a specific marker of vasculature and regulates vascular endothelial growth factor-A-dependent neoangiogenesis. Circ Res. 2009;105:201-8 pubmed publisher..These results demonstrate that the vascular-specific marker AGM modulates vascular remodeling in part by temporizing the proangiogenic effects of VEGF-A. ..
- Stamenkovic I, Yu Q. Merlin, a "magic" linker between extracellular cues and intracellular signaling pathways that regulate cell motility, proliferation, and survival. Curr Protein Pept Sci. 2010;11:471-84 pubmed
- Darnell J. STAT3, HIF-1, glucose addiction and Warburg effect. Aging (Albany NY). 2010;2:890-1 pubmed
- Eliyahu E, Shtraizent N, He X, Chen D, Shalgi R, Schuchman E. Identification of cystatin SA as a novel inhibitor of acid ceramidase. J Biol Chem. 2011;286:35624-33 pubmed publisher..Such peptide-based AC inhibitors could potentially be used to regulate AC activity in cancer cells that are known to overexpress this enzyme alone and in combination with conventional anti-cancer drugs. ..
- Siegelin M. Inhibition of the mitochondrial Hsp90 chaperone network: a novel, efficient treatment strategy for cancer?. Cancer Lett. 2013;333:133-46 pubmed publisher..This review summarizes the most recent findings of mitochondrial Hsp90 signaling and its potential implications for cancer therapy. ..
- Kaufman H. The role of poxviruses in tumor immunotherapy. Surgery. 2003;134:731-7 pubmed
- Emdad L, Sarkar D, Su Z, Boukerche H, Bar Eli M, Fisher P. Progression elevated gene-3 (PEG-3) induces pleiotropic effects on tumor progression: modulation of genomic stability and invasion. J Cell Physiol. 2005;202:135-46 pubmed..These findings demonstrate that PEG-3 plays a central role in augmenting tumor progression by modulating several critical parameters of the carcinogenic process, such as genomic stability and local tumor cell invasion. ..
- Sapadin A, Fleischmajer R. Tetracyclines: nonantibiotic properties and their clinical implications. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2006;54:258-65 pubmed..We review the nonantibiotic properties of tetracycline and its analogues and their potential for clinical application. ..
- Hsiao S, Smith S. Tankyrase function at telomeres, spindle poles, and beyond. Biochimie. 2008;90:83-92 pubmed..This review summarizes our current knowledge of tankyrases focusing on their localization, binding partners, and function. ..
- Hensley M, Hagerty K, Kewalramani T, Green D, Meropol N, Wasserman T, et al. American Society of Clinical Oncology 2008 clinical practice guideline update: use of chemotherapy and radiation therapy protectants. J Clin Oncol. 2009;27:127-45 pubmed publisher..Data are insufficient to recommend use in the non-SCT setting. ..
- Deng G, Rusch V, Vickers A, Malhotra V, Ginex P, Downey R, et al. Randomized controlled trial of a special acupuncture technique for pain after thoracotomy. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2008;136:1464-9 pubmed publisher..A special acupuncture technique, as provided in this study, did not reduce pain or use of pain medication after thoracotomy more than a sham technique. ..
- Clarke J, Perez H, Jacks L, Panageas K, DeAngelis L. Leptomeningeal metastases in the MRI era. Neurology. 2010;74:1449-54 pubmed publisher..Despite enhanced diagnosis with MRI, prognosis remains poor in leptomeningeal metastasis. Those with hematopoietic tumors continue to fare better than those with solid tumors. ..
- Crusio K, King B, Reavie L, Aifantis I. The ubiquitous nature of cancer: the role of the SCF(Fbw7) complex in development and transformation. Oncogene. 2010;29:4865-73 pubmed publisher..In addition, antagonists of this pathway as well as current and future therapeutics for the UPS will be examined. ..
- Kalea A, See F, Harja E, Arriero M, Schmidt A, Hudson B. Alternatively spliced RAGEv1 inhibits tumorigenesis through suppression of JNK signaling. Cancer Res. 2010;70:5628-38 pubmed publisher..Our results identify RAGEv1 as a novel suppressor, the study of which may offer new cancer therapeutic directions. ..
- Redelman Sidi G, Sepkowitz K. Rapidly growing mycobacteria infection in patients with cancer. Clin Infect Dis. 2010;51:422-34 pubmed publisher..In turn, the approach to management, including number and duration of antimycobacterial drugs, may be fundamentally different for various patients with cancer who receive a diagnosis of RGM infection. ..
- Talos F, Moll U. Role of the p53 family in stabilizing the genome and preventing polyploidization. Adv Exp Med Biol. 2010;676:73-91 pubmed..Constitutive deregulation of Cyclin-Cdk and p27/Kip1 activities and excess failure of the G2/M DNA damage checkpoint are important deficiencies associated with p73 loss. ..
- Hübner M, Spector D. Role of H3K27 demethylases Jmjd3 and UTX in transcriptional regulation. Cold Spring Harb Symp Quant Biol. 2010;75:43-9 pubmed publisher..In this chapter, we highlight the role of the H3K27 demethylases Jmjd3 and UTX in gene expression. ..
- Hirabayashi S, Baranski T, Cagan R. Transformed Drosophila cells evade diet-mediated insulin resistance through wingless signaling. Cell. 2013;154:664-75 pubmed publisher..By targeting multiple steps in this circuit with rationally applied drug combinations, we demonstrate the potential of combinatorial drug intervention to treat diet-enhanced malignant tumors. ..
- Ornstein K, Teresi J, Ocepek Welikson K, Ramirez M, Meier D, Morrison R, et al. Use of an Item Bank to Develop Two Short-Form FAMCARE Scales to Measure Family Satisfaction With Care in the Setting of Serious Illness. J Pain Symptom Manage. 2015;49:894-903.e1-4 pubmed publisher..The FAMCARE-10 and FAMCARE-5 short-form scales evidenced high reliability across sociodemographic subgroups and are potentially less burdensome and time-consuming scales for monitoring family satisfaction among seriously ill patients. ..
- Morris L, Riaz N, Desrichard A, Senbabaoglu Y, Hakimi A, Makarov V, et al. Pan-cancer analysis of intratumor heterogeneity as a prognostic determinant of survival. Oncotarget. 2016;7:10051-63 pubmed publisher..Together, these data show that ITH is a prognostic marker in multiple cancers. These results illuminate the natural history of cancer evolution, indicating that tumor heterogeneity represents a significant obstacle to cancer control. ..
- Feher A, Kampaktsis P, Parameswaran R, Stein E, Steingart R, Gupta D. Aspirin Is Associated with Improved Survival in Severely Thrombocytopenic Cancer Patients with Acute Myocardial Infarction. Oncologist. 2017;22:213-221 pubmed publisher..In this study, aspirin therapy was associated with improved survival without an increase in major bleeding in this high-risk patient cohort. ..
- Blander J, Longman R, Iliev I, Sonnenberg G, Artis D. Regulation of inflammation by microbiota interactions with the host. Nat Immunol. 2017;18:851-860 pubmed publisher..Finally, we highlight new insights into how the microbiome influences the host response to infection, vaccination and cancer, as well as susceptibility to autoimmune and neurodegenerative disorders. ..
- Gnjatic S, Jager E, Chen W, Altorki N, Matsuo M, Lee S, et al. CD8(+) T cell responses against a dominant cryptic HLA-A2 epitope after NY-ESO-1 peptide immunization of cancer patients. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:11813-8 pubmed
- Clynes R. Antitumor antibodies in the treatment of cancer: Fc receptors link opsonic antibody with cellular immunity. Hematol Oncol Clin North Am. 2006;20:585-612 pubmed..Thus, engineered Fc domains with favorable affinities for specific FcR types may prove to be clinically superior. ..
- Difeo A, Martignetti J, Narla G. The role of KLF6 and its splice variants in cancer therapy. Drug Resist Updat. 2009;12:1-7 pubmed publisher..Combined, these data make the KLF6 gene family a compelling therapeutic target for both the treatment of localized as well as metastatic cancer. ..
- Warner E, Nam G, Zhang Y, McFadden M, Wright J, Spraker Perlman H, et al. Health behaviors, quality of life, and psychosocial health among survivors of adolescent and young adult cancers. J Cancer Surviv. 2016;10:280-90 pubmed publisher..26-1.91, all p < 0.01) than survivors 5-10 years from diagnosis. Unhealthy lifestyle behaviors are common in survivors of AYA cancer. AYA survivors require health behavior support. ..
- Mukhopadhyay S, Frias M, Chatterjee A, Yellen P, Foster D. The Enigma of Rapamycin Dosage. Mol Cancer Ther. 2016;15:347-53 pubmed publisher..Rapamycin and PA have opposite effects on mTOR whereby rapamycin destabilizes and PA stabilizes both mTOR complexes. In this review, we discuss the properties of rapamycin dosage in the context of anticancer therapeutics. ..
- Lu Y, Lian H, Sharma P, Schreiber Agus N, Russell R, Chin L, et al. Disruption of the Cockayne syndrome B gene impairs spontaneous tumorigenesis in cancer-predisposed Ink4a/ARF knockout mice. Mol Cell Biol. 2001;21:1810-8 pubmed
- Sklar C, Mertens A, Mitby P, Whitton J, Stovall M, Kasper C, et al. Premature menopause in survivors of childhood cancer: a report from the childhood cancer survivor study. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2006;98:890-6 pubmed..However, published data pertaining to the risk and frequency of premature menopause are limited...
- Bell J, Parker K, Swinford R, Hoffman A, Maneatis T, Lippe B. Long-term safety of recombinant human growth hormone in children. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2010;95:167-77 pubmed publisher..These data further clarify the events associated with rhGH and, although confirming a favorable overall safety profile, they also highlight specific populations at potential risk. ..
- Portenoy R, Bruns D, Shoemaker B, Shoemaker S. Breakthrough pain in community-dwelling patients with cancer pain and noncancer pain, part 2: impact on function, mood, and quality of life. J Opioid Manag. 2010;6:109-16 pubmed..They suggest the need for additional studies to clarify causality and determine whether undertreatment of BTP is a factor contributing to adverse pain-related outcomes. ..
- Fine E, Segal Isaacson C, Feinman R, Herszkopf S, Romano M, Tomuta N, et al. Targeting insulin inhibition as a metabolic therapy in advanced cancer: a pilot safety and feasibility dietary trial in 10 patients. Nutrition. 2012;28:1028-35 pubmed publisher..The extent of ketosis, but not calorie deficit or weight loss, correlated with stable disease or partial remission. Further study is needed to assess insulin inhibition as complementary to standard cytotoxic and endocrine therapies. ..
- Lang U, Kocabayoglu P, Cheng G, Ghiassi Nejad Z, Muñoz U, Vetter D, et al. GSK3? phosphorylation of the KLF6 tumor suppressor promotes its transactivation of p21. Oncogene. 2013;32:4557-64 pubmed publisher..This interaction may account for the growth-promoting effects of cancer-derived KLF6 mutants that lack tumor suppressor activity. ..
- Formenti S, Demaria S. Combining radiotherapy and cancer immunotherapy: a paradigm shift. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2013;105:256-65 pubmed publisher..Moreover, we discuss some of the current challenges to translate this knowledge to the clinic as more trials testing radiation with different immunotherapies are proposed. ..
- Wong P, Puente C, Ganley I, Jiang X. The ULK1 complex: sensing nutrient signals for autophagy activation. Autophagy. 2013;9:124-37 pubmed publisher..This raises the question of how the autophagic machinery is activated independent of the ULK1 complex and what are the biological functions of such noncanonical autophagy pathways. ..
- Park J, Cheung N. Limitations and opportunities for immune checkpoint inhibitors in pediatric malignancies. Cancer Treat Rev. 2017;58:22-33 pubmed publisher..In addition, we will discuss immunologic and clinical difficulties in this young population, as well as future prospects for combination of ICI with other immune-based and conventional treatments. ..
- Fine R, Ho M, Tejani A, Blethen S. Adverse events with rhGH treatment of patients with chronic renal insufficiency and end-stage renal disease. J Pediatr. 2003;142:539-45 pubmed..This report validates the importance of a control population in ascribing AE to any therapeutic intervention. Previously identified AE associated with rhGH treatment are infrequent in patients with CRI and end-stage renal disease. ..
- Daghighian F, Mazziotta J, Hoffman E, Shenderov P, Eshaghian B, Siegel S, et al. Intraoperative beta probe: a device for detecting tissue labeled with positron or electron emitting isotopes during surgery. Med Phys. 1994;21:153-7 pubmed
- Edelmann W, Yang K, Umar A, Heyer J, Lau K, Fan K, et al. Mutation in the mismatch repair gene Msh6 causes cancer susceptibility. Cell. 1997;91:467-77 pubmed
- Begg C, Cramer L, Hoskins W, Brennan M. Impact of hospital volume on operative mortality for major cancer surgery. JAMA. 1998;280:1747-51 pubmed..These data support the hypothesis that when complex surgical oncologic procedures are provided by surgical teams in hospitals with specialty expertise, mortality rates are lower. ..
- Scanlan M, Ritter G, Yin B, Williams C, Cohen L, Coplan K, et al. Glycoprotein A34, a novel target for antibody-based cancer immunotherapy. Cancer Immun. 2006;6:2 pubmed..The A34 antigen and monoclonal antibody may be of considerable value for immunotherapy of different types of cancer. ..
- Stoeckel J, Hay J. Drug evaluation: Reolysin--wild-type reovirus as a cancer therapeutic. Curr Opin Mol Ther. 2006;8:249-60 pubmed..Phase I/II clinical trials in recurrent malignant glioma began in 2002. ..
- DENG G, Cassileth B, Cohen L, Gubili J, Johnstone P, Kumar N, et al. Integrative Oncology Practice Guidelines. J Soc Integr Oncol. 2007;5:65-84 pubmed
- Albert P, Proal A, Marshall T. Vitamin D: the alternative hypothesis. Autoimmun Rev. 2009;8:639-44 pubmed publisher..While this results in short-term palliation, persistent pathogens that may influence disease progression, proliferate over the long-term. ..
- Denchi E. Give me a break: how telomeres suppress the DNA damage response. DNA Repair (Amst). 2009;8:1118-26 pubmed publisher..This review will focus on our current understanding of how the shelterin complex is able to suppress the DNA damage response pathways, and on the cellular and organismal outcomes of telomere dysfunction. ..
- Zhong X, Matsushita M, Plotkin J, Riviere I, Sadelain M. Chimeric antigen receptors combining 4-1BB and CD28 signaling domains augment PI3kinase/AKT/Bcl-XL activation and CD8+ T cell-mediated tumor eradication. Mol Ther. 2010;18:413-20 pubmed publisher..These findings further support the concept of integrating optimized costimulatory properties into recombinant antigen receptors to augment the survival and function of genetically targeted T cells within the tumor microenvironment. ..
- Knight Z, Lin H, Shokat K. Targeting the cancer kinome through polypharmacology. Nat Rev Cancer. 2010;10:130-7 pubmed publisher..If it is necessary to inhibit multiple kinases, how do we choose which ones? In this Opinion article, we discuss some of the strategies that are currently being used to identify new therapeutic combinations of kinase targets. ..
- O Mahony S, Goulet J, Payne R. Psychosocial distress in patients treated for cancer pain: a prospective observational study. J Opioid Manag. 2010;6:211-22 pubmed..Treatment of cancer pain was associated with lessening of emotional distress. Lower levels of existential wellbeing and physical performance status appear to be associated with greater DHD. ..
- Quezada S, Peggs K, Simpson T, Allison J. Shifting the equilibrium in cancer immunoediting: from tumor tolerance to eradication. Immunol Rev. 2011;241:104-18 pubmed publisher..Finally, we also discuss work associated to the manipulation of the immune response to tumors and its impact on the infiltration, accumulation, and function of tumor-reactive lymphocytes within the tumor microenvironment. ..
- Yazici Y, Curtis J, Ince A, Baraf H, Malamet R, Teng L, et al. Efficacy of tocilizumab in patients with moderate to severe active rheumatoid arthritis and a previous inadequate response to disease-modifying antirheumatic drugs: the ROSE study. Ann Rheum Dis. 2012;71:198-205 pubmed publisher..Rapid improvement in clinical outcomes was demonstrated in a substudy as early as week 1 as shown by DAS28 scores, patient measures and C-reactive protein. TRIAL REGISTRY NO: NCT00531817. ..
- Cruciani R, Zhang J, Manola J, Cella D, Ansari B, Fisch M. L-carnitine supplementation for the management of fatigue in patients with cancer: an eastern cooperative oncology group phase III, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. J Clin Oncol. 2012;30:3864-9 pubmed publisher..The purpose of this study was to determine the efficacy of L-carnitine supplementation as a treatment for fatigue in patients with cancer...
- Mieszawska A, Kim Y, Gianella A, van Rooy I, Priem B, Labarre M, et al. Synthesis of polymer-lipid nanoparticles for image-guided delivery of dual modality therapy. Bioconjug Chem. 2013;24:1429-34 pubmed publisher..In tumor bearing mice intravenously administered NPs were found to accumulate at the tumor site by fluorescence imaging. ..
- Jabbour E, Short N, Montalban Bravo G, Huang X, Bueso Ramos C, Qiao W, et al. Randomized phase 2 study of low-dose decitabine vs low-dose azacitidine in lower-risk MDS and MDS/MPN. Blood. 2017;130:1514-1522 pubmed publisher..Their effect on the natural history of lower-risk disease needs to be further studied. This trial was registered at clinicaltrials.gov (identifier NCT01720225). ..
- Garrett S, Varney K, Weber D, Bresnick A. S100A4, a mediator of metastasis. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:677-80 pubmed
- Bassermann F, Frescas D, Guardavaccaro D, Busino L, Peschiaroli A, Pagano M. The Cdc14B-Cdh1-Plk1 axis controls the G2 DNA-damage-response checkpoint. Cell. 2008;134:256-67 pubmed publisher..These findings define a novel pathway that is crucial for the G2 DNA-damage-response checkpoint. ..
- Reed M, Cosgrove J, Cindrich R, Parithivel V, Gad Y, Bangalore M, et al. Ten years later: a single hospital experience with malignancy in HIV/AIDS. J Surg Oncol. 2010;102:282-6 pubmed publisher..HIV/AIDS patients on HAART are older, have lower rates of AIDS related Kaposi's sarcoma and a higher incidence of NADCs than did patients in the early HAART era. No decrease in the proportion of NHL was observed. ..
- Ruggiero S. Bisphosphonate-related osteonecrosis of the jaw: an overview. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2011;1218:38-46 pubmed publisher..The current widespread use of bisphosphonates as an inhibitor of bone resorption is directly attributable to their efficacy in improving the quality of life for patients with metastatic bone cancer, osteoporosis, and Paget's disease. ..
- ..Importantly, miRNA biology can be harnessed experimentally to investigate cancer phenotypes or used therapeutically as a target for drugs or as the drug itself. ..
- Mina M, Raynaud F, Tavernari D, Battistello E, Sungalee S, Saghafinia S, et al. Conditional Selection of Genomic Alterations Dictates Cancer Evolution and Oncogenic Dependencies. Cancer Cell. 2017;32:155-168.e6 pubmed publisher..Finally, modeling of cancer evolution shows that alteration dependencies emerge only under conditional selection. These results provide a framework for the design of strategies to predict cancer progression and therapeutic response. ..
- Ch ang H, Maj J, Paris F, Xing H, Zhang J, Truman J, et al. ATM regulates target switching to escalating doses of radiation in the intestines. Nat Med. 2005;11:484-90 pubmed..These experiments indicate that tissues operate multiple potential targets activated consecutively according to their inherent radiosensitivities that may be reordered therapeutically to control radiation tissue responses. ..
- Ferrone C, Perales M, Goldberg S, Somberg C, Hirschhorn Cymerman D, Gregor P, et al. Adjuvanticity of plasmid DNA encoding cytokines fused to immunoglobulin Fc domains. Clin Cancer Res. 2006;12:5511-9 pubmed
- Ma L, Teruya Feldstein J, Bonner P, Bernardi R, Franz D, Witte D, et al. Identification of S664 TSC2 phosphorylation as a marker for extracellular signal-regulated kinase mediated mTOR activation in tuberous sclerosis and human cancer. Cancer Res. 2007;67:7106-12 pubmed..Importantly, our results indicate that Erk-mediated phosphorylation and inactivation of TSC2 can be critical in development of hamartomatous lesions in TSC and cancer pathogenesis. ..