Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on murine leukemia virus in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Topic: murine leukemia virus
- Choi Y, Meruelo D. Isolation of virus-like (VL30) elements from the Q10 and D regions of the major histocompatibility complex. Biochem Genet. 1991;29:91-101 pubmed..We report here the isolation and characterization of VL30-like elements from the Qa and D regions of the MHC of several inbred mouse strains...
- Eastman S, Martin Serrano J, Chung W, Zang T, Bieniasz P. Identification of human VPS37C, a component of endosomal sorting complex required for transport-I important for viral budding. J Biol Chem. 2005;280:628-36 pubmed..Thus, this study identifies VPS37C as a functional component of mammalian ESCRT-I...
- Schwartzberg P, Goff S, Robertson E. Germ-line transmission of a c-abl mutation produced by targeted gene disruption in ES cells. Science. 1989;246:799-803 pubmed..This work demonstrates the feasibility of germ-line transmission of a mutation introduced into a nonselectable autosomal gene by homologous recombination. ..
- Browne E, Littman D. Species-specific restriction of apobec3-mediated hypermutation. J Virol. 2008;82:1305-13 pubmed..These results suggest that MLV has evolved specific mechanisms to block the ability of Apobec proteins to mediate deaminase-dependent hypermutation...
- Kikuchi E, Menendez S, Ozu C, Ohori M, Cordon Cardo C, Logg C, et al. Delivery of replication-competent retrovirus expressing Escherichia coli purine nucleoside phosphorylase increases the metabolism of the prodrug, fludarabine phosphate and suppresses the growth of bladder tumor xenografts. Cancer Gene Ther. 2007;14:279-86 pubmed
- Perez Caballero D, Hatziioannou T, Yang A, Cowan S, Bieniasz P. Human tripartite motif 5alpha domains responsible for retrovirus restriction activity and specificity. J Virol. 2005;79:8969-78 pubmed..However, localization in large cytoplasmic bodies is not required for inhibition of N-MLV by huTRIM5alpha or for inhibition of HIV-1 by chimeric or rhTRIM5alpha...
- Neil S, Zang T, Bieniasz P. Tetherin inhibits retrovirus release and is antagonized by HIV-1 Vpu. Nature. 2008;451:425-30 pubmed publisher..Vpu co-localized with CD317 and inhibited these effects. Inhibition of Vpu function and consequent mobilization of tetherin's antiviral activity is a potential therapeutic strategy in HIV/AIDS. ..
- Pinter A, Honnen W. O-linked glycosylation of retroviral envelope gene products. J Virol. 1988;62:1016-21 pubmed..Similar substituents were detected on the gp70s of ecotropic and xenotropic murine leukemia viruses and two subgroups of feline leukemia virus, indicating that O-linked glycosylation is a conserved feature of retroviral env proteins...
- Jones K, Ruscetti S, Lilly F. Loss of pathogenicity of spleen focus-forming virus after pseudotyping with Akv. J Virol. 1988;62:511-8 pubmed..Thus, the helper virus used to rescue SFFV plays at least a quantitatively important role in the early stage of FV disease and a crucial role in the late stage of the disease in vivo...
- Wolf D, Cammas F, Losson R, Goff S. Primer binding site-dependent restriction of murine leukemia virus requires HP1 binding by TRIM28. J Virol. 2008;82:4675-9 pubmed publisher..Here we show, using a cell line with a point mutation in the HP1 binding domain of TRIM28, that interaction with HP1 is absolutely required for the PBS-dependent restriction of MLV in the F9 EC cell line. ..
- Wolf D, Hug K, Goff S. TRIM28 mediates primer binding site-targeted silencing of Lys1,2 tRNA-utilizing retroviruses in embryonic cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008;105:12521-6 pubmed publisher..These results generalize the role of TRIM28 in retroviral restriction and suggest that this system has evolved to restrict multiple retroviruses...
- Sebastian S, Grütter C, Strambio de Castillia C, Pertel T, Olivari S, Grutter M, et al. An invariant surface patch on the TRIM5alpha PRYSPRY domain is required for retroviral restriction but dispensable for capsid binding. J Virol. 2009;83:3365-73 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that, in addition to CA-specific binding, the PRYSPRY domain possesses a second function, possibly binding of a cofactor, that is essential for retroviral restriction activity by TRIM5alpha. ..
- Wolf D, Goff S. Embryonic stem cells use ZFP809 to silence retroviral DNAs. Nature. 2009;458:1201-4 pubmed publisher..We propose that ZFP809 evolved as a stem-cell-specific retroviral restriction factor, and therefore constitutes a new component of the intrinsic immune system of stem cells. ..
- Gao G, Goff S. Isolation of suppressor genes that restore retrovirus susceptibility to a virus-resistant cell line. Retrovirology. 2004;1:30 pubmed..The methods for gene isolation developed here will also permit the identification of similar suppressors that modify or override other recently identified virus resistance genes. ..
- Martin Serrano J, Zang T, Bieniasz P. Role of ESCRT-I in retroviral budding. J Virol. 2003;77:4794-804 pubmed..However, the PTAP-type L domain appears to be unique in its requirement for an intact, or nearly intact, ESCRT-I complex. ..
- Zou X, Cong F, Coutts M, Cattoretti G, Goff S, Calame K. p53 deficiency increases transformation by v-Abl and rescues the ability of a C-terminally truncated v-Abl mutant to induce pre-B lymphoma in vivo. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:628-33 pubmed
- Berthoux L, Sebastian S, Sayah D, Luban J. Disruption of human TRIM5alpha antiviral activity by nonhuman primate orthologues. J Virol. 2005;79:7883-8 pubmed..These data demonstrate that TRIM5 orthologues form heteromultimers and indicate that C-terminal extensions alter virus recognition by multimers of these proteins. ..
- Towers G, Hatziioannou T, Cowan S, Goff S, Luban J, Bieniasz P. Cyclophilin A modulates the sensitivity of HIV-1 to host restriction factors. Nat Med. 2003;9:1138-43 pubmed..Manipulation of HIV-1 CA recognition by restriction factors promises to advance animal models and new therapeutic strategies for HIV-1 and AIDS. ..
- Goff S. Operating under a Gag order: a block against incoming virus by the Fv1 gene. Cell. 1996;86:691-3 pubmed