Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on moloney murine leukemia virus in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Topic: moloney murine leukemia virus
- Wolf D, Goff S. TRIM28 mediates primer binding site-targeted silencing of murine leukemia virus in embryonic cells. Cell. 2007;131:46-57 pubmed..The identification of TRIM28 as a retroviral silencer adds to the growing body of evidence that many TRIM family proteins are involved in retroviral restriction. ..
- Auerbach M, Brown K, Singh I. Mutational analysis of the N-terminal domain of Moloney murine leukemia virus capsid protein. J Virol. 2007;81:12337-47 pubmed..Future studies are needed to understand the mechanism of these blocks and to target these regions pharmacologically to inhibit retroviral infection at additional stages...
- Leung J, Yueh A, Appah F, Yuan B, De los Santos K, Goff S. Interaction of Moloney murine leukemia virus matrix protein with IQGAP. EMBO J. 2006;25:2155-66 pubmed..Virus replication was potently inhibited by a C-terminal fragment of IQGAP1, and impaired by RNAi knockdown of IQGAP1 and 2. We suggest that the IQGAPs link the virus to the cytoskeleton for trafficking both into and out of the cell...
- Arriagada G, Muntean L, Goff S. SUMO-interacting motifs of human TRIM5? are important for antiviral activity. PLoS Pathog. 2011;7:e1002019 pubmed publisher..We propose that at least a portion of the antiviral activity of TRIM5? is mediated through the binding of its SIMs to SUMO-conjugated CA. ..
- Liberatore R, Mastrocola E, Powell C, Bieniasz P. Tetherin Inhibits Cell-Free Virus Dissemination and Retards Murine Leukemia Virus Pathogenesis. J Virol. 2017;91: pubmed publisher..The delay in disease associated with this scenario suggests a role for cell-free virus in retroviral disease progression. ..
- Rodriguez J, Goff S. Xenotropic murine leukemia virus-related virus establishes an efficient spreading infection and exhibits enhanced transcriptional activity in prostate carcinoma cells. J Virol. 2010;84:2556-62 pubmed publisher..These data suggest that XMRV may replicate more efficiently in LNCaP cells in part due to the transcriptional environment in LNCaP cells...
- Yueh A, Leung J, Bhattacharyya S, Perrone L, De los Santos K, Pu S, et al. Interaction of moloney murine leukemia virus capsid with Ubc9 and PIASy mediates SUMO-1 addition required early in infection. J Virol. 2006;80:342-52 pubmed..The results suggest that the SUMOylation of CA mediated by an interaction with Ubc9 and PIASy is required for early events of infection, after reverse transcription and before nuclear entry and viral DNA integration...
- Schlesinger S, Lee A, Wang G, Green L, Goff S. Proviral silencing in embryonic cells is regulated by Yin Yang 1. Cell Rep. 2013;4:50-8 pubmed publisher..Finally, we report an embryonic cell-specific interaction between YY1 and Trim28. Our results suggest a major role for YY1 in the silencing of both exogenous retroviruses and ERVs in embryonic cells. ..
- Wang G, Wolf D, Goff S. EBP1, a novel host factor involved in primer binding site-dependent restriction of moloney murine leukemia virus in embryonic cells. J Virol. 2014;88:1825-9 pubmed publisher..Here, we identified ErbB3-binding protein 1 (EBP1) to be a novel component of the ZFP809-TRIM28 silencing complex and show that EBP1 depletion reduces PBS-mediated retroviral silencing. ..
- Studamire B, Goff S. Host proteins interacting with the Moloney murine leukemia virus integrase: multiple transcriptional regulators and chromatin binding factors. Retrovirology. 2008;5:48 pubmed publisher..Significant questions remain regarding the influence of host proteins on the selection of target sites, on the repair of integration intermediates, and on the efficiency of integration...
- Wang M, Kim W, Gao G, Torrey T, Morse H, De Camilli P, et al. Endophilins interact with Moloney murine leukemia virus Gag and modulate virion production. J Biol. 2003;3:4 pubmed..This study shows that endophilins interact with Mo-MuLV Gag and affect virion production. The findings imply that endophilin is another component of the large complex that is hijacked by retroviruses to promote virion production. ..
- Orlova M, Yueh A, Leung J, Goff S. Reverse transcriptase of Moloney murine leukemia virus binds to eukaryotic release factor 1 to modulate suppression of translational termination. Cell. 2003;115:319-31 pubmed..These results suggest that RT enhances suppression of termination and that the interaction of RT with eRF1 is required for an appropriate level of translational readthrough. ..
- Auerbach M, Shu C, Kaplan A, Singh I. Functional characterization of a portion of the Moloney murine leukemia virus gag gene by genetic footprinting. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2003;100:11678-83 pubmed..In addition to providing the most comprehensive functional map of a retroviral gag gene, our study demonstrates the abundance of information that can be gleaned by genetic footprinting of viral sequences...
- Yueh A, Goff S. Phosphorylated serine residues and an arginine-rich domain of the moloney murine leukemia virus p12 protein are required for early events of viral infection. J Virol. 2003;77:1820-9 pubmed..The restored function of S(61,65)A mutant virus by second or third site mutations may result from a structural change or the addition of positively charged residues in the arginine-rich region...
- Yuan B, Fassati A, Yueh A, Goff S. Characterization of Moloney murine leukemia virus p12 mutants blocked during early events of infection. J Virol. 2002;76:10801-10 pubmed
- Koehne C, Lazo P, Alves K, Lee J, Tsichlis P, O Donnell P. The Mlvi-1 locus involved in the induction of rat T-cell lymphomas and the pvt-1/Mis-1 locus are identical. J Virol. 1989;63:2366-9 pubmed..This finding demonstrates the need for rigorous characterization of any newly identified common regions of integration in retrovirus-induced neoplasms. ..
- Buiser R, DeStefano J, Mallaber L, Fay P, Bambara R. Requirements for the catalysis of strand transfer synthesis by retroviral DNA polymerases. J Biol Chem. 1991;266:13103-9 pubmed..These results suggest that strand transfer synthesis relies on an unidentified functional activity present in RTs...