Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in New York, United States
Locale: New York, United States
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications696 found, 100 shown here
- Pan Y, Xu J, Mahurter L, Xu M, Gilbert A, Pasternak G. Identification and characterization of two new human mu opioid receptor splice variants, hMOR-1O and hMOR-1X. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 2003;301:1057-61 pubmed..These two new human mu opioid receptors are the first human MOR-1 variants containing new exons and suggest that the complex splicing present in mice may extend to humans. ..
- Stelzl U, Zengel J, Tovbina M, Walker M, Nierhaus K, Lindahl L, et al. RNA-structural mimicry in Escherichia coli ribosomal protein L4-dependent regulation of the S10 operon. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:28237-45 pubmed..In vitro binding of L4 induces structural changes of the S10 leader RNA, providing a first clue for how protein L4 may provoke transcription termination. ..
- Silver D, Wang N, Vogel S. Identification of small PDZK1-associated protein, DD96/MAP17, as a regulator of PDZK1 and plasma high density lipoprotein levels. J Biol Chem. 2003;278:28528-32 pubmed..Thus, SPAP may be an endogenous regulator of cellular PDZK1 levels by regulating PDZK1 turnover. ..
- Hare P, Moller S, Huang L, Chua N. LAF3, a novel factor required for normal phytochrome A signaling. Plant Physiol. 2003;133:1592-604 pubmed
- Schofield C, Trudell J, Harrison N. Alanine-scanning mutagenesis in the signature disulfide loop of the glycine receptor alpha 1 subunit: critical residues for activation and modulation. Biochemistry. 2004;43:10058-63 pubmed..The present data implicate the Cys loop as an important functional moiety in the process of glycine receptor activation and allosteric regulation by anesthetics. ..
- Mhatre A, Li Y, Feng L, Gasperin A, Lalwani A. SDHB, SDHC, and SDHD mutation screen in sporadic and familial head and neck paragangliomas. Clin Genet. 2004;66:461-6 pubmed..The etiology of sporadic PGL remains to be elucidated. ..
- Agarwal R, Schmidt J, Stafford R, Swaminathan S. Mode of VAMP substrate recognition and inhibition of Clostridium botulinum neurotoxin F. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2009;16:789-94 pubmed publisher..Arg133 and Arg171, which form part of two separate exosites, are crucial for substrate binding and catalysis. ..
- Wu R, Chudasama N, Zakharov S, Doshi D, Motoike H, Liu G, et al. Location of the beta 4 transmembrane helices in the BK potassium channel. J Neurosci. 2009;29:8321-8 pubmed publisher..That disulfide crosslinking caused only small functional perturbations is consistent with the proximity of the extracellular ends of TM2 to S0 and of TM1 to S1 and to S2, in both the open and closed states. ..
- Hopkins B, Fine B, Steinbach N, Dendy M, Rapp Z, Shaw J, et al. A secreted PTEN phosphatase that enters cells to alter signaling and survival. Science. 2013;341:399-402 pubmed publisher..As an exogenous agent, PTEN-Long antagonized PI3K signaling and induced tumor cell death in vitro and in vivo. By providing a means to restore a functional tumor-suppressor protein to tumor cells, PTEN-Long may have therapeutic uses. ..
- Youngblood K, Fruchter L, Ding G, Lopez J, Bonagura V, Davidson A. Rheumatoid factors from the peripheral blood of two patients with rheumatoid arthritis are genetically heterogeneous and somatically mutated. J Clin Invest. 1994;93:852-61 pubmed..Somatic mutations as well as different VH/VL combinations contribute to the heterogeneity in the binding patterns of these RA-derived RF. ..
- Lawson C, Carey J. Tandem binding in crystals of a trp repressor/operator half-site complex. Nature. 1993;366:178-82 pubmed..The tandem complex model accounts for the mutational sensitivity of all trp operator base pairs. The structure also provides the first detailed view of the tandem interaction, revealing a key role for the amino-terminal arms. ..
- Zhu X, Wittner M, Tanowitz H, Kotler D, Cali A, Weiss L. Small subunit rRNA sequence of Enterocytozoon bieneusi and its potential diagnostic role with use of the polymerase chain reaction. J Infect Dis. 1993;168:1570-5 pubmed..bieneusi but not from intestinal biopsies from noninfected patients. This cloned SSU-rRNA gene was used to develop improved probes for detection of E. bieneusi in tissue of infected patients. ..
- Goldman Wohl D, Chan E, Baird D, Heintz N. Kv3.3b: a novel Shaw type potassium channel expressed in terminally differentiated cerebellar Purkinje cells and deep cerebellar nuclei. J Neurosci. 1994;14:511-22 pubmed..3b K+ channel function is restricted to terminally differentiated Purkinje cells, and that analysis of the mechanisms governing its expression in vivo and in vitro can reveal molecular mechanisms governing Purkinje cell differentiation. ..
- Georgieff I, Liem R, Couchie D, Mavilia C, Nunez J, Shelanski M. Expression of high molecular weight tau in the central and peripheral nervous systems. J Cell Sci. 1993;105 ( Pt 3):729-37 pubmed
- Lesage P, Yang X, Carlson M. Yeast SNF1 protein kinase interacts with SIP4, a C6 zinc cluster transcriptional activator: a new role for SNF1 in the glucose response. Mol Cell Biol. 1996;16:1921-8 pubmed..These findings suggest that the SNF1 kinase interacts with a transcriptional activator to modulate its activity and provide the first direct evidence for a role of SNF1 in activating transcription in response to glucose limitation. ..
- Nkrumah L, Muhle R, Moura P, Ghosh P, Hatfull G, Jacobs W, et al. Efficient site-specific integration in Plasmodium falciparum chromosomes mediated by mycobacteriophage Bxb1 integrase. Nat Methods. 2006;3:615-21 pubmed..falciparum life cycle, and it illustrates the utility of Bxb1-based integrative recombination for genetic studies of intracellular eukaryotic organisms. ..
- Miura G, Roignant J, Wassef M, Treisman J. Myopic acts in the endocytic pathway to enhance signaling by the Drosophila EGF receptor. Development. 2008;135:1913-22 pubmed publisher..We suggest that Myopic promotes EGFR signaling by mediating its progression through the endocytic pathway. ..
- Kohsaka S, Shukla N, Ameur N, Ito T, Ng C, Wang L, et al. A recurrent neomorphic mutation in MYOD1 defines a clinically aggressive subset of embryonal rhabdomyosarcoma associated with PI3K-AKT pathway mutations. Nat Genet. 2014;46:595-600 pubmed publisher..Our functional data now confirm this prediction. Thus, MYOD1 p.Leu122Arg defines a subset of rhabdomyosarcomas eligible for high-risk protocols and the development of targeted therapeutics. ..
- Mattioni T, Hume C, Konigorski S, Hayes P, Osterweil Z, Lee J. A cDNA clone for a novel nuclear protein with DNA binding activity. Chromosoma. 1992;101:618-24 pubmed
- Yoshimoto T, Yoshimoto E, Meruelo D. Molecular cloning and characterization of a novel human gene homologous to the murine ecotropic retroviral receptor. Virology. 1991;185:10-7 pubmed..The genomic gene was also isolated from a cosmid library derived from human lymphocytes, and its organization was elucidated. The gene mapped to human chromosome 13. ..
- Luster A, Weinshank R, Feinman R, Ravetch J. Molecular and biochemical characterization of a novel gamma-interferon-inducible protein. J Biol Chem. 1988;263:12036-43 pubmed..These data are consistent with IP-30 being a novel IFN gamma-inducible protein which may be lysosomal in location. ..
- Chang E, Barr M, Wang Y, Jung V, Xu H, Wigler M. Cooperative interaction of S. pombe proteins required for mating and morphogenesis. Cell. 1994;79:131-41 pubmed..The yeast two-hybrid data further suggest that scd1, scd2, cdc42sp, and ras1, in its GTP-bound state, act cooperatively to form a protein complex. ..
- Rudner R, Chevrestt A, Buchholz S, Studamire B, White A, Jarvis E. Two tRNA gene clusters associated with rRNA operons rrnD and rrnE in Bacillus subtilis. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:503-9 pubmed..Our findings show that all 10 rrn operons in B. subtilis are associated with tRNA gene clusters. ..
- Bottalico L, Kendrick N, Keller A, Li Y, Tabas I. Cholesteryl ester loading of mouse peritoneal macrophages is associated with changes in the expression or modification of specific cellular proteins, including increase in an alpha-enolase isoform. Arterioscler Thromb. 1993;13:264-75 pubmed..In conclusion, macrophage foam cell formation is associated with distinct changes in protein expression, including a marked increase in an isoform of alpha-enolase, suggesting a specific biological adaptation to CE loading. ..
- Takahashi Y, Campbell E, Hirata Y, Takayama T, Listowsky I. A basis for differentiating among the multiple human Mu-glutathione S-transferases and molecular cloning of brain GSTM5. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:8893-8 pubmed..A general strategy was devised to distinguish among and assign primary structures to individual glutathione S-transferases from human tissue. ..
- Tian G, Huang Y, Rommelaere H, Vandekerckhove J, Ampe C, Cowan N. Pathway leading to correctly folded beta-tubulin. Cell. 1996;86:287-96 pubmed..Sequence analysis identifies yeast homologs of cofactors D (cin1) and E (pac2), characterized by mutations that affect microtubule function. ..
- Jin F, Nathan C, Radzioch D, Ding A. Secretory leukocyte protease inhibitor: a macrophage product induced by and antagonistic to bacterial lipopolysaccharide. Cell. 1997;88:417-26 pubmed..IFN gamma suppressed expression of SLPI and restored LPS responsiveness to SLPI-producing cells. Thus, SLPI is an LPS-induced IFN gamma-suppressible phagocyte product that serves to inhibit LPS responses. ..
- Tribioli C, Frasch M, Lufkin T. Bapx1: an evolutionary conserved homologue of the Drosophila bagpipe homeobox gene is expressed in splanchnic mesoderm and the embryonic skeleton. Mech Dev. 1997;65:145-62 pubmed
- Welle S, Thornton C, Bhatt K, Krym M. Expression of elongation factor-1 alpha and S1 in young and old human skeletal muscle. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 1997;52:B235-9 pubmed..However, we cannot exclude the possibility that the activity of these proteins declines during senescence due to post-translational modifications. ..
- Horvath D, Huang D, Chua N. Four classes of salicylate-induced tobacco genes. Mol Plant Microbe Interact. 1998;11:895-905 pubmed publisher..These and other genes were found to be activated at early times following tobacco mosaic virus infection of resistant tobacco genotypes...
- Pinho M, de Lencastre H, Tomasz A. Transcriptional analysis of the Staphylococcus aureus penicillin binding protein 2 gene. J Bacteriol. 1998;180:6077-81 pubmed..We now show that introduction of the intact pbp2 gene with its two newly identified promoters into the chromosome of the transposon mutant resulted in the full recovery of high-level methicillin resistance. ..
- Notaro R, Afolayan A, Luzzatto L. Human mutations in glucose 6-phosphate dehydrogenase reflect evolutionary history. FASEB J. 2000;14:485-94 pubmed..In view of the current explosive increase in full genome sequencing projects, this tool will become rapidly available for numerous other genes. ..
- Papaioannou V. T-box genes in development: from hydra to humans. Int Rev Cytol. 2001;207:1-70 pubmed..The essential role of several T-box genes has been demonstrated by the developmental phenotypes of mutant animals...
- Munshi N, Agalioti T, Lomvardas S, Merika M, Chen G, Thanos D. Coordination of a transcriptional switch by HMGI(Y) acetylation. Science. 2001;293:1133-6 pubmed..Whereas acetylation of HMGI(Y) by CBP at lysine-65 destabilizes the enhanceosome, acetylation of HMGI(Y) by PCAF/GCN5 at lysine-71 potentiates transcription by stabilizing the enhanceosome and preventing acetylation by CBP. ..
- Kang D, Gopalkrishnan R, Wu Q, Jankowsky E, Pyle A, Fisher P. mda-5: An interferon-inducible putative RNA helicase with double-stranded RNA-dependent ATPase activity and melanoma growth-suppressive properties. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:637-42 pubmed..MDA-5 is a double-stranded RNA-dependent ATPase that contains both a caspase recruitment domain and RNA helicase motifs, with a confirmed association with growth and differentiation in human melanoma cells. ..
- Sriskanda V, Shuman S. A second NAD(+)-dependent DNA ligase (LigB) in Escherichia coli. Nucleic Acids Res. 2001;29:4930-4 pubmed..Alanine substitution for the motif I lysine ((126)KxDG) abolished nick joining and ligase-adenylate formation by LigB, thus confirming that the ligase and adenylyltransferase activities are intrinsic to the LigB protein. ..
- Gulbis J, Kazmirski S, Finkelstein J, Kelman Z, O Donnell M, Kuriyan J. Crystal structure of the chi:psi sub-assembly of the Escherichia coli DNA polymerase clamp-loader complex. Eur J Biochem. 2004;271:439-49 pubmed..The base of the clamp-loader complex has an open C-shaped structure, and the shape of the chi:psi complex is suggestive of a loose docking within the crevice formed by the open faces of the delta and delta' subunits of the clamp-loader. ..
- Snyder J, Hall A, Ni Komatsu L, Khersonsky S, Chang Y, Orlow S. Dissection of melanogenesis with small molecules identifies prohibitin as a regulator. Chem Biol. 2005;12:477-84 pubmed..This represents a mechanism by which propigmentary signals are transduced and ultimately provides a potential target for the treatment of pigmentary disorders. ..
- Antonescu C, Besmer P, Guo T, Arkun K, Hom G, Koryotowski B, et al. Acquired resistance to imatinib in gastrointestinal stromal tumor occurs through secondary gene mutation. Clin Cancer Res. 2005;11:4182-90 pubmed..That acquired resistance to imatinib in GIST commonly occurs via secondary gene mutation in the KIT kinase domain has implications for strategies to delay or prevent imatinib resistance and to employ newer targeted therapies. ..
- An X, Zhang X, Debnath G, Baines A, Mohandas N. Phosphatidylinositol-4,5-biphosphate (PIP2) differentially regulates the interaction of human erythrocyte protein 4.1 (4.1R) with membrane proteins. Biochemistry. 2006;45:5725-32 pubmed..1R, 4.1B, 4.1G, and 4.1N) are widely expressed and the PIP2-binding motifs are highly conserved, it is likely that the functions of other 4.1 proteins are similarly regulated by PIP2 in many different cell types. ..
- Sandu C, Ryoo H, Steller H. Drosophila IAP antagonists form multimeric complexes to promote cell death. J Cell Biol. 2010;190:1039-52 pubmed publisher..Both targeting of Rpr to mitochondria and forced dimerization strongly promotes apoptosis. Our results reveal the functional importance of a previously unrecognized multimeric IAP antagonist complex for the induction of apoptosis. ..
- Klein F, Diskin R, Scheid J, Gaebler C, Mouquet H, Georgiev I, et al. Somatic mutations of the immunoglobulin framework are generally required for broad and potent HIV-1 neutralization. Cell. 2013;153:126-38 pubmed publisher..Thus, in bNAbs, FWRs play an essential role beyond scaffolding the CDR loops and their unusual contribution to potency and breadth should be considered in HIV-1 vaccine design. ..
- Casadio F, Lu X, Pollock S, LeRoy G, Garcia B, Muir T, et al. H3R42me2a is a histone modification with positive transcriptional effects. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013;110:14894-9 pubmed publisher..We propose that methylation of basic histone residues at the DNA interface may disrupt histone:DNA interactions, with effects on downstream processes, notably transcription. ..
- Rogers M, Song T, Sebra R, Greenbaum B, Hamelin M, Fitch A, et al. Intrahost dynamics of antiviral resistance in influenza A virus reflect complex patterns of segment linkage, reassortment, and natural selection. MBio. 2015;6: pubmed publisher..In sum, these data show how immunocompromised hosts may help reveal the drivers of strain emergence. ..
- Mohammadi M, Dionne C, Li W, Li N, Spivak T, Honegger A, et al. Point mutation in FGF receptor eliminates phosphatidylinositol hydrolysis without affecting mitogenesis. Nature. 1992;358:681-4 pubmed
- Martiniuk F, Mehler M, Bodkin M, Tzall S, Hirschhorn K, Zhong N, et al. Identification of a missense mutation in an adult-onset patient with glycogenosis type II expressing only one allele. DNA Cell Biol. 1991;10:681-7 pubmed..abstract truncated at 250 words) ..
- Estruch F, Carlson M. SNF6 encodes a nuclear protein that is required for expression of many genes in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Mol Cell Biol. 1990;10:2544-53 pubmed..Genetic and molecular evidence suggested that SNF6 is functionally related to the SNF2 and SNF5 genes. These genes may function together to affect transcription. ..
- Bories D, Raynal M, Solomon D, Darzynkiewicz Z, Cayre Y. Down-regulation of a serine protease, myeloblastin, causes growth arrest and differentiation of promyelocytic leukemia cells. Cell. 1989;59:959-68 pubmed..Inhibition of myeloblastin expression by an antisense oligodeoxynucleotide inhibits proliferation and induces differentiation of promyelocyte-like leukemia cells. ..
- Wu S, Wolgemuth D. The distinct and developmentally regulated patterns of expression of members of the mouse Cdc25 gene family suggest differential functions during gametogenesis. Dev Biol. 1995;170:195-206 pubmed
- Selbert M, Anderson K, Huang Q, Goldstein E, Means A, Edelman A. Phosphorylation and activation of Ca(2+)-calmodulin-dependent protein kinase IV by Ca(2+)-calmodulin-dependent protein kinase Ia kinase. Phosphorylation of threonine 196 is essential for activation. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:17616-21 pubmed
- Dammerman M, Sandkuijl L, Halaas J, Chung W, Breslow J. An apolipoprotein CIII haplotype protective against hypertriglyceridemia is specified by promoter and 3' untranslated region polymorphisms. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1993;90:4562-6 pubmed..14; P < 0.0025). These results support the existence of apolipoprotein CIII promoter/Sst I haplotypes conferring either protection against or susceptibility to severe HTG. ..
- DeJong J, Roeder R. A single cDNA, hTFIIA/alpha, encodes both the p35 and p19 subunits of human TFIIA. Genes Dev. 1993;7:2220-34 pubmed..Finally, transcription from the adenovirus major late promoter was greatly reduced in nuclear extracts depleted with anti-TFIIA/alpha serum and was restored to original levels by the readdition of purified human TFIIA. ..
- Arruda S, Bomfim G, Knights R, Huima Byron T, Riley L. Cloning of an M. tuberculosis DNA fragment associated with entry and survival inside cells. Science. 1993;261:1454-7 pubmed..This capacity to gain entry into mammalian cells and survive inside the macrophage was localized to two distinct loci on the cloned M. tuberculosis DNA fragment...
- Cullen M, Lapierre L, Kesari K, Geliebter J. Identification of a recombinogenic major histocompatibility complex Q gene with diverse alleles. J Exp Med. 1993;177:1803-7 pubmed..The relatively high expression of Q2b in the thymus may be significant and perhaps suggests a novel role for a Q2b product in the education and selection of the T cell repertoire. ..
- Shashidharan P, Clarke D, Ahmed N, Moschonas N, Plaitakis A. Nerve tissue-specific human glutamate dehydrogenase that is thermolabile and highly regulated by ADP. J Neurochem. 1997;68:1804-11 pubmed..These allosteric properties may be of importance for regulating brain glutamate fluxes in vivo under changing energy demands. ..
- Reichel M, Nelson B, Greenberg P, Rothman P. The IL-4 receptor alpha-chain cytoplasmic domain is sufficient for activation of JAK-1 and STAT6 and the induction of IL-4-specific gene expression. J Immunol. 1997;158:5860-7 pubmed
- Parraga A, Bellsolell L, Ferré D Amaré A, Burley S. Co-crystal structure of sterol regulatory element binding protein 1a at 2.3 A resolution. Structure. 1998;6:661-72 pubmed
- Matsushita M, Nairn A. Characterization of the mechanism of regulation of Ca2+/ calmodulin-dependent protein kinase I by calmodulin and by Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase kinase. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:21473-81 pubmed..Together these studies demonstrate the critical role of specific amino acids in the autoinhibition of CaMKI and also in its activation by CaM and phosphorylation by CaMKK. ..
- Lin C, Darzynkiewicz Z, Li X, Traganos F, Bedner E, Tse Dinh Y. Differential expression of human topoisomerase IIIalpha during the cell cycle progression in HL-60 leukemia cells and human peripheral blood lymphocytes. Exp Cell Res. 2000;256:225-36 pubmed..Its cellular level appeared to be under control during the cell cycle progression of normal lymphocytes, but was found to be deregulated in HL-60 cells which may be associated with the tumor transformed cell phenotypes. ..
- Agostini I, Popov S, Hao T, Li J, Dubrovsky L, Chaika O, et al. Phosphorylation of Vpr regulates HIV type 1 nuclear import and macrophage infection. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses. 2002;18:283-8 pubmed..The replication defect was mapped by polymerase chain reaction analysis to the step of nuclear import. These results suggest that phosphorylation of Vpr regulates its activity in the nuclear import of the HIV-1 preintegration complex. ..
- Escalante C, Shen L, Escalante M, Brass A, Edwards T, Singh H, et al. Crystallization and characterization of PU.1/IRF-4/DNA ternary complex. J Struct Biol. 2002;139:55-9 pubmed
- Saxena A, Morozov P, Frank D, Musalo R, Lemmon M, Skolnik E, et al. Phosphoinositide binding by the pleckstrin homology domains of Ipl and Tih1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:49935-44 pubmed..Thus, Ipl and Tih1 are bona fide PH domain proteins, with broad specificity and moderate affinity for PIPs. ..
- Miao H, Navarro E, Patel S, Sargent D, Koo H, Wan H, et al. Cloning, expression, and purification of mouse heparanase. Protein Expr Purif. 2002;26:425-31 pubmed..The maximum heparanase activity was observed at acidic conditions; however, significant activity was also detected at neutral pH. The enzymatic activity of mouse heparanase was blocked by known heparanase inhibitors. ..
- Amma L, Goodyear R, Faris J, Jones I, Ng L, Richardson G, et al. An emilin family extracellular matrix protein identified in the cochlear basilar membrane. Mol Cell Neurosci. 2003;23:460-72 pubmed..These results identify emilin-2 as a major BM component and suggest that it contributes to the developmental assembly or function of the BM. ..
- Lele K, Wolgemuth D. Distinct regions of the mouse cyclin A1 gene, Ccna1, confer male germ-cell specific expression and enhancer function. Biol Reprod. 2004;71:1340-7 pubmed..3 kb upstream of the putative Ccna1 transcriptional start can direct expression of lacZ to spermatocytes, while sequences located between -4.8 kb and -1.3 kb of the putative transcriptional start site may enhance expression of lacZ. ..
- Jogl G, Hsiao Y, Tong L. Structure and function of carnitine acyltransferases. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2004;1033:17-29 pubmed..In addition, our structural information suggests that the substrate carnitine may assist the catalysis by stabilizing the oxyanion in the reaction intermediate. ..
- Speck C, Chen Z, Li H, Stillman B. ATPase-dependent cooperative binding of ORC and Cdc6 to origin DNA. Nat Struct Mol Biol. 2005;12:965-71 pubmed..The ORC-Cdc6 structure is predicted to contain six AAA+ subunits, analogous to other ATP-dependent protein machines. We suggest that Cdc6 and origin DNA activate a molecular switch in ORC that contributes to pre-RC assembly. ..
- Ginsberg M, Czeko E, Muller P, Ren Z, Chen X, Darnell J. Amino acid residues required for physical and cooperative transcriptional interaction of STAT3 and AP-1 proteins c-Jun and c-Fos. Mol Cell Biol. 2007;27:6300-8 pubmed..Identifying such required interactive protein interfaces should be a stimulus to search for compounds that could ultimately inhibit the activity of STAT3 in tumors dependent on persistently active STAT3. ..
- de Los Santos T, Segundo F, Zhu J, Koster M, Dias C, Grubman M. A conserved domain in the leader proteinase of foot-and-mouth disease virus is required for proper subcellular localization and function. J Virol. 2009;83:1800-10 pubmed publisher..Since L(pro) catalytic activity was demonstrated to be a requirement for p65/RelA degradation, our results indicate that mutation of the SAP domain reveals a novel separation-of-function activity for FMDV L(pro). ..
- Yin Q, Lamothe B, Darnay B, Wu H. Structural basis for the lack of E2 interaction in the RING domain of TRAF2. Biochemistry. 2009;48:10558-67 pubmed publisher..Our structural observation should prompt a re-evaluation of the role of TRAF2 in TNFalpha signaling and may indicate that TRAF2-associated proteins such as cIAPs may be the ubiquitin ligases for NF-kappaB signaling. ..
- Chmielecki J, Peifer M, Viale A, Hutchinson K, Giltnane J, Socci N, et al. Systematic screen for tyrosine kinase rearrangements identifies a novel C6orf204-PDGFRB fusion in a patient with recurrent T-ALL and an associated myeloproliferative neoplasm. Genes Chromosomes Cancer. 2012;51:54-65 pubmed publisher..These data validate the ability of this targeted capture-sequencing approach to detect TK fusion events in small amounts of DNA extracted directly from patient samples. ..
- Lang U, Kocabayoglu P, Cheng G, Ghiassi Nejad Z, Muñoz U, Vetter D, et al. GSK3? phosphorylation of the KLF6 tumor suppressor promotes its transactivation of p21. Oncogene. 2013;32:4557-64 pubmed publisher..This interaction may account for the growth-promoting effects of cancer-derived KLF6 mutants that lack tumor suppressor activity. ..
- Gaur N, Oppenheim J, Smith I. The Bacillus subtilis sin gene, a regulator of alternate developmental processes, codes for a DNA-binding protein. J Bacteriol. 1991;173:678-86 pubmed..An analysis of the predicted amino acid sequence of Sin revealed a potential leucine zipper protein dimerization motif which is flanked by two helix-turn-helix motifs that could be involved in recognizing two different dyad symmetries. ..
- Drivas G, Shih A, Coutavas E, Rush M, D EUSTACHIO P. Characterization of four novel ras-like genes expressed in a human teratocarcinoma cell line. Mol Cell Biol. 1990;10:1793-8 pubmed..Homologs of the four genes were found in genomic DNA from a variety of mammals and from chicken. The genes were transcriptionally active in a range of human cell types. ..
- Verlander P, Kaporis A, Liu Q, Zhang Q, Seligsohn U, Auerbach A. Carrier frequency of the IVS4 + 4 A-->T mutation of the Fanconi anemia gene FAC in the Ashkenazi Jewish population. Blood. 1995;86:4034-8 pubmed..With a carrier frequency greater than 1% and simple testing available, the IVS4 mutation merits inclusion in the battery of tests routinely provided to the Jewish population. ..
- Anderson S, Shen T, Lou J, Xing L, Blachere N, Srivastava P, et al. The endoplasmic reticular heat shock protein gp96 is transcriptionally upregulated in interferon-treated cells. J Exp Med. 1994;180:1565-9 pubmed..Further, our studies represent the first demonstration of modulation of expression of a heat shock protein by a cytokine and identify a new enzymatic activity upregulated in IFN-treated cells. ..
- Wang S, Sakai H, Wiedmann M. NAC covers ribosome-associated nascent chains thereby forming a protective environment for regions of nascent chains just emerging from the peptidyl transferase center. J Cell Biol. 1995;130:519-28 pubmed..Since NAC is not a core ribosomal protein, the emergence of nascent chains from the ribosome may be more dynamic than previously thought. ..
- Pearce B, Naughton A, Campbell E, Masure H. The rec locus, a competence-induced operon in Streptococcus pneumoniae. J Bacteriol. 1995;177:86-93 pubmed..Therefore, the rec locus is directly required for genetic transformation and is regulated by the cell signaling mechanism that induces competence...
- Londoño Vallejo J, Dubnau D. comF, a Bacillus subtilis late competence locus, encodes a protein similar to ATP-dependent RNA/DNA helicases. Mol Microbiol. 1993;9:119-31 pubmed..These observations allow us to hypothesize that the ComFORF1 late gene product plays an essential role during the binding and uptake events involved in Bacillus subtilis transformation. ..
- Tsang S, Gouras P, Yamashita C, Kjeldbye H, Fisher J, Farber D, et al. Retinal degeneration in mice lacking the gamma subunit of the rod cGMP phosphodiesterase. Science. 1996;272:1026-9 pubmed..Thus, the inhibitory gamma subunit appears to be necessary for integrity of the photoreceptors and expression of PDE activity in vivo. ..
- Wilson A, Freiman R, Goto H, Nishimoto T, Herr W. VP16 targets an amino-terminal domain of HCF involved in cell cycle progression. Mol Cell Biol. 1997;17:6139-46 pubmed..Rescue of the tsBN67 cell proliferation defect by HCF, however, requires both the VP16 interaction domain and an adjacent basic region, indicating that HCF utilizes multiple regions to promote cell cycle progression. ..
- Chaves S, Blobel G. Nuclear import of Spo12p, a protein essential for meiosis. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:17712-7 pubmed..In addition, we have characterized the Spo12p nuclear localization signal, mapped it to residues 76-130, and identified residues within this region that are important for nuclear localization signal function. ..
- Bosoy D, Lue N. Functional analysis of conserved residues in the putative "finger" domain of telomerase reverse transcriptase. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:46305-12 pubmed..This study thus supports a high degree of mechanistic conservation between telomerase and retroviral RTs and underscores the roles of distinct aspects of telomerase biochemistry in telomere length maintenance. ..
- Lee H, Jung K, Huang Y, Bennett L, Lee J, Mei L, et al. Presenilin-dependent gamma-secretase-like intramembrane cleavage of ErbB4. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:6318-23 pubmed..Our studies also support the idea that presenilins play a generic role in intramembrane cleavage of selected type I membrane proteins. ..
- Darken R, Scola A, Rakeman A, Das G, Mlodzik M, Wilson P. The planar polarity gene strabismus regulates convergent extension movements in Xenopus. EMBO J. 2002;21:976-85 pubmed..Thus our results strongly support the emerging hypothesis that a vertebrate analog of the planar polarity pathway governs convergent extension movements. ..
- Li X, Li H, Amsler K, Hyink D, Wilson P, Burrow C. PRKX, a phylogenetically and functionally distinct cAMP-dependent protein kinase, activates renal epithelial cell migration and morphogenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2002;99:9260-5 pubmed
- Goldberg M, Wei M, Tycko B, Falikovich I, Warburton D. Identification and expression analysis of the human mu-protocadherin gene in fetal and adult kidneys. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2002;283:F454-63 pubmed..These results suggest that although human mu-protocadherin may mediate a homotypic adhesive interaction, it may have additional functions in terminally differentiated epithelia. ..
- Alexandrov A, Martzen M, Phizicky E. Two proteins that form a complex are required for 7-methylguanosine modification of yeast tRNA. RNA. 2002;8:1253-66 pubmed..This functional two-protein family appears to be retained in eukaryotes, as expression of both corresponding human proteins, METTL1 and WDR4, is required for m7G-methyltransferase activity. ..
- Antipenko A, Himanen J, van Leyen K, Nardi Dei V, Lesniak J, Barton W, et al. Structure of the semaphorin-3A receptor binding module. Neuron. 2003;39:589-98 pubmed