Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in Mississippi, United States
Locale: Mississippi, United States
Topic: molecular sequence data
- Vidal G, Scheffler B, Michel A, D Surney S. Genomic and phylogenic comparisons of the alpha-globin and beta-globin intergenic sequences between zebra fish (Danio rerio) and six closely related Cyprinindae species. DNA Cell Biol. 2004;23:325-34 pubmed..This may represent an ancestral configuration prior to transposition of the alpha globin and beta-globin genes families to nonsynteny. ..
- Paul D, Bridges S, Burgess S, Dandass Y, Lawrence M. Genome sequence of the chemolithoautotrophic bacterium Oligotropha carboxidovorans OM5T. J Bacteriol. 2008;190:5531-2 pubmed publisher..It is also capable of heterotrophic growth under appropriate environmental conditions. Here we report the annotated genome sequence of the circular chromosome of this organism...
- Jankun Kelly T, Lindeman A, Bridges S. Exploratory visual analysis of conserved domains on multiple sequence alignments. BMC Bioinformatics. 2009;10 Suppl 11:S7 pubmed publisher..The MSAVis software, written in Python and using BioPython and OpenGL, can be found at http://agbase.msstate.edu/tools/MSAVis.html. ..
- Dettler J, Buscaglia R, Cui J, Cashman D, Blynn M, Lewis E. Biophysical characterization of an ensemble of intramolecular i-motifs formed by the human c-MYC NHE III1 P1 promoter mutant sequence. Biophys J. 2010;99:561-7 pubmed publisher..The NMR study did not report the most stable conformer found in this study. ..
- Williams M, Gillaspy A, Dyer D, Thune R, Waldbieser G, Schuster S, et al. Genome sequence of Edwardsiella ictaluri 93-146, a strain associated with a natural channel catfish outbreak of enteric septicemia of catfish. J Bacteriol. 2012;194:740-1 pubmed publisher..Here we report the complete genome of Edwardsiella ictaluri 93-146. Whole-genome sequence analysis of E. ictaluri provides a tool for understanding the genomic regions specific to the species and the Edwardsiella genus...
- Griffin M, Khoo L, Quiniou S, O Hear M, Pote L, Greenway T, et al. Genetic sequence data identifies the cercaria of Drepanocephalus spathans (Digenea: Echinostomatidae), a parasite of the double-crested cormorant (Phalacrocorax auritus), with notes on its pathology in juvenile channel catfish (Ictalurus punctatus). J Parasitol. 2012;98:967-72 pubmed publisher..The data presented here suggest this parasite could have limiting effects on catfish production, further supporting the need for adequate snail control programs to reduce trematode prevalence on commercial catfish operations...