Genomes and Genes
Experts and Doctors on molecular sequence data in California, United States
Locale: California, United States
Topic: molecular sequence data
Publications358 found, 100 shown here
- Stout C. Crystal structures of oxidized and reduced Azotobacter vinelandii ferredoxin at pH 8 and 6. J Biol Chem. 1993;268:25920-7 pubmed..1993).(abstract truncated at 400 words) ..
- Gallay P, Stitt V, Mundy C, Oettinger M, Trono D. Role of the karyopherin pathway in human immunodeficiency virus type 1 nuclear import. J Virol. 1996;70:1027-32 pubmed..In addition, our data suggest that Vpr governs HIV-1 nuclear import through a distinct pathway. ..
- Bahner I, Kearns K, Hao Q, Smogorzewska E, Kohn D. Transduction of human CD34+ hematopoietic progenitor cells by a retroviral vector expressing an RRE decoy inhibits human immunodeficiency virus type 1 replication in myelomonocytic cells produced in long-term culture. J Virol. 1996;70:4352-60 pubmed..These findings demonstrate the ability of an RRE decoy strategy to inhibit HIV-1 replication in primary human myelomonocytic cells after transduction of CD34+ progenitor cells, without adverse effects on hematopoietic cell function. ..
- Koch A, Juan T, Jenkins N, Gilbert D, Copeland N, McNiece I, et al. cDNA cloning and chromosomal mapping of mouse fast skeletal muscle troponin T. Mamm Genome. 1997;8:346-8 pubmed
- Wang A, Deems R, Dennis E. Cloning, expression, and catalytic mechanism of murine lysophospholipase I. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:12723-9 pubmed..Therefore, LysoPLA I has been demonstrated to be a serine enzyme with Ser-119 at the active site. ..
- Ottilie S, Diaz J, Horne W, Chang J, Wang Y, Wilson G, et al. Dimerization properties of human BAD. Identification of a BH-3 domain and analysis of its binding to mutant BCL-2 and BCL-XL proteins. J Biol Chem. 1997;272:30866-72 pubmed
- Potter L, Hunter T. Phosphorylation of the kinase homology domain is essential for activation of the A-type natriuretic peptide receptor. Mol Cell Biol. 1998;18:2164-72 pubmed..We conclude that phosphorylation of the KHD is absolutely required for hormone-dependent activation of NPR-A. ..
- Tzeng C, Kornberg A. The multiple activities of polyphosphate kinase of Escherichia coli and their subunit structure determined by radiation target analysis. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:3977-83 pubmed..Among deletion mutants, some lost all five PPK activities, but others retained partial activity for some reactions but not for others. ..
- Barritt D, Pearn M, Zisch A, Lee S, Javier R, Pasquale E, et al. The multi-PDZ domain protein MUPP1 is a cytoplasmic ligand for the membrane-spanning proteoglycan NG2. J Cell Biochem. 2000;79:213-24 pubmed..MUPP1 may serve as a multivalent scaffold that provides a means of linking NG2 with key structural and/or signaling components in the cytoplasm. ..
- McAdara Berkowitz J, Catz S, Johnson J, Ruedi J, Thon V, Babior B. JFC1, a novel tandem C2 domain-containing protein associated with the leukocyte NADPH oxidase. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:18855-62 pubmed..From the data presented here, it is proposed that JFC1 is acting as an adaptor protein between phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase products and the oxidase cytosolic complex. ..
- Zapata J, Pawlowski K, Haas E, Ware C, Godzik A, Reed J. A diverse family of proteins containing tumor necrosis factor receptor-associated factor domains. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:24242-52 pubmed..We propose the moniker TEFs (TD-encompassing factors) for this large family of proteins. ..
- Song M, Helguera G, Eghbali M, Zhu N, Zarei M, Olcese R, et al. Remodeling of Kv4.3 potassium channel gene expression under the control of sex hormones. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:31883-90 pubmed..Thus, estrogen remodels the expression of Kv4.3 in myometrium by directly diminishing its transcription and, indirectly, by altering Kv4.3 delivery to the plasma membrane. ..
- Ratnikov B, Rozanov D, Postnova T, Baciu P, Zhang H, DiScipio R, et al. An alternative processing of integrin alpha(v) subunit in tumor cells by membrane type-1 matrix metalloproteinase. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:7377-85 pubmed
- Stevens T, Iacovoni J, Edelman D, Meech R. Identification of novel binding elements and gene targets for the homeodomain protein BARX2. J Biol Chem. 2004;279:14520-30 pubmed..The data suggest that BARX2 can coordinate the expression of a network of genes that influence the growth of MCF7 cells. ..
- Lu X, Le Noble F, Yuan L, Jiang Q, de Lafarge B, Sugiyama D, et al. The netrin receptor UNC5B mediates guidance events controlling morphogenesis of the vascular system. Nature. 2004;432:179-86 pubmed..Netrin-1 causes endothelial filopodial retraction, but only when UNC5B is present. Thus, UNC5B functions as a repulsive netrin receptor in endothelial cells controlling morphogenesis of the vascular system. ..
- Arndt J, Schwarzenbacher R, Page R, Abdubek P, Ambing E, Biorac T, et al. Crystal structure of an alpha/beta serine hydrolase (YDR428C) from Saccharomyces cerevisiae at 1.85 A resolution. Proteins. 2005;58:755-8 pubmed
- Hou T, Xu Z, Zhang W, McLaughlin W, Case D, Xu Y, et al. Characterization of domain-peptide interaction interface: a generic structure-based model to decipher the binding specificity of SH3 domains. Mol Cell Proteomics. 2009;8:639-49 pubmed publisher..The success of our framework on SH3 domains suggests that it is possible to establish a theoretical model to decipher the protein recognition code of any modular domain. ..
- Price J, Jarrell J, Furman D, Kattah N, Newell E, Dekker C, et al. Characterization of influenza vaccine immunogenicity using influenza antigen microarrays. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e64555 pubmed publisher..7% and 74.0%, respectively). Our methods provide powerful tools for rapid and accurate measurement of broad antibody-based immune responses to influenza, and may be useful in measuring response to other vaccines and infectious agents. ..
- Karlsson L, Peterson P. The alpha chain gene of H-2O has an unexpected location in the major histocompatibility complex. J Exp Med. 1992;176:477-83 pubmed..These results indicate that the human HLA-DNA gene, the existence of which has long been known, is indeed coding for DO alpha, the alpha chain pairing with DO beta. ..
- Fruh K, Yang Y, Arnold D, Chambers J, Wu L, Waters J, et al. Alternative exon usage and processing of the major histocompatibility complex-encoded proteasome subunits. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:22131-40 pubmed..Furthermore, our data suggest that LMP7 and LMP2 are mutually dependent for their incorporation into the proteasomal complex. ..
- Kimsey H, Kaiser D. The orotidine-5'-monophosphate decarboxylase gene of Myxococcus xanthus. Comparison to the OMP decarboxylase gene family. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:819-24 pubmed..Expression of the uraA gene may be regulated by an intercistronic transcription termination mechanism. ..
- Hennessy K, Lee A, Chen E, Botstein D. A group of interacting yeast DNA replication genes. Genes Dev. 1991;5:958-69 pubmed
- Kuo S, Mellentin J, Copeland N, Gilbert D, Jenkins N, Cleary M. Structure, chromosome mapping, and expression of the mouse Lyl-1 gene. Oncogene. 1991;6:961-8 pubmed..We conclude that LYL1 has the properties of a lineage- and differentiation-specific HLH protein that contributes to T-cell neoplasia through its deregulated expression following chromosomal translocation. ..
- Sasaki H, Ochi N, Dell A, Fukuda M. Site-specific glycosylation of human recombinant erythropoietin: analysis of glycopeptides or peptides at each glycosylation site by fast atom bombardment mass spectrometry. Biochemistry. 1988;27:8618-26 pubmed..These results clearly indicate that the protein structure and, possibly, the carbohydrate chain at the neighboring site greatly influence glycosylation of a given glycosylation site. ..
- Dingwall A, Beek S, McCallum C, Tamkun J, Kalpana G, Goff S, et al. The Drosophila snr1 and brm proteins are related to yeast SWI/SNF proteins and are components of a large protein complex. Mol Biol Cell. 1995;6:777-91 pubmed
- Gao L, Ling N, Shimasaki S. Structure of the rat insulin-like growth factor binding protein-4 gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun. 1993;190:1053-9 pubmed..The presence of these potential cis elements supports the tissue-specific expression of the IGFBP-4 gene. ..
- Kirchner J, Salazar E, Lamerdin J, Montgomery M, Carrano A, Weber C. Cloning and molecular characterization of the Chinese hamster ERCC2 nucleotide excision repair gene. Genomics. 1994;23:592-9 pubmed..There is no apparent TAATA box. No consensus polyadenylation sequence (AATAAA or its variants) was found within 663 bases 3' of the translation termination codon. ..
- Luk S, Kilpatrick M, Kerr K, Macdonald P. Components acting in localization of bicoid mRNA are conserved among Drosophila species. Genetics. 1994;137:521-30 pubmed..In contrast to a previous report, we find that function is retained. Thus, among these Drosophila species there is substantial conservation of components acting in mRNA localization, and presumably the mechanisms underlying this process...
- Haake D, Champion C, Martinich C, Shang E, Blanco D, Miller J, et al. Molecular cloning and sequence analysis of the gene encoding OmpL1, a transmembrane outer membrane protein of pathogenic Leptospira spp. J Bacteriol. 1993;175:4225-34 pubmed..OmpL1 may be the first spirochetal transmembrane outer membrane protein for which the structural gene has been cloned and sequenced...
- Reich K, Schoolnik G. Halovibrin, secreted from the light organ symbiont Vibrio fischeri, is a member of a new class of ADP-ribosyltransferases. J Bacteriol. 1996;178:209-15 pubmed..The cloned gene is expressed but not secreted in E. coli; however, it is secreted from a heterologous marine Vibrio species. We have named this enzyme halovibrin...
- Seiffert D, Curriden S, Jenne D, Binder B, Loskutoff D. Differential regulation of vitronectin in mice and humans in vitro. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:5474-80 pubmed..These studies reveal that the structural basis for the differential regulation of the human and murine Vn genes resides in the differences in promoter sequence. ..
- Gao L, Dong L, Whitlock J. A novel response to dioxin. Induction of ecto-ATPase gene expression. J Biol Chem. 1998;273:15358-65 pubmed..Furthermore, induction requires AhR's transactivation domain, but not that of Arnt. Our findings reveal new aspects of dioxin's biological effects and TCDD-dependent gene regulation. ..
- Wei G, Bai X, Sarkar A, Esko J. Formation of HNK-1 determinants and the glycosaminoglycan tetrasaccharide linkage region by UDP-GlcUA:Galactose beta1, 3-glucuronosyltransferases. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:7857-64 pubmed..These findings suggest that, in neural tissues, GlcUAT-P may participate in both HNK-1 and glycosaminoglycan production. ..
- Misura K, Scheller R, Weis W. Three-dimensional structure of the neuronal-Sec1-syntaxin 1a complex. Nature. 2000;404:355-62 pubmed..The structure also indicates mechanisms that might couple the action of upstream effector proteins to conformational changes in syntaxin 1a and nSec1 that lead to core complex formation and membrane fusion. ..
- Liu S, Slepak M, Ginsberg M. Binding of Paxillin to the alpha 9 Integrin Cytoplasmic Domain Inhibits Cell Spreading. J Biol Chem. 2001;276:37086-92 pubmed
- Rodriguez F, Harkins S, Redwine J, de Pereda J, Whitton J. CD4(+) T cells induced by a DNA vaccine: immunological consequences of epitope-specific lysosomal targeting. J Virol. 2001;75:10421-30 pubmed
- Nakabayashi K, Matsumi H, Bhalla A, Bae J, Mosselman S, Hsu S, et al. Thyrostimulin, a heterodimer of two new human glycoprotein hormone subunits, activates the thyroid-stimulating hormone receptor. J Clin Invest. 2002;109:1445-52 pubmed
- Burgess R, Luniak V, Noskin L, Giliano N. [Identification of two new p53 target genes through implementation of the modified chromatin immunoprecipitation method and inverse PCR]. Mol Biol (Mosk). 2002;36:1035-43 pubmed..Application of the technology described herein may result in the identification of target loci for a wide variety of transcription factors. ..
- Zhu W, Reich C, Olsen G, Giometti C, Yates J. Shotgun proteomics of Methanococcus jannaschii and insights into methanogenesis. J Proteome Res. 2004;3:538-48 pubmed..New peptides created by protein splicing were detected in MJ0885 (DNA dependent DNA polymerase), MJ0542, and MJ0782. The methanogenesis pathway and the enzymes involved are also discussed...
- Burmeister S, Fernald R. Evolutionary conservation of the egr-1 immediate-early gene response in a teleost. J Comp Neurol. 2005;481:220-32 pubmed..We conclude that the egr-1 immediate-early gene response is evolutionarily conserved and will, therefore, be useful for identifying functional neural responses in nontraditional model species. ..
- Bandell M, Dubin A, Petrus M, Orth A, Mathur J, Hwang S, et al. High-throughput random mutagenesis screen reveals TRPM8 residues specifically required for activation by menthol. Nat Neurosci. 2006;9:493-500 pubmed..In contrast, S2 mutations strongly shifted the concentration dependence of menthol activation, raising the possibility that S2 influences menthol binding. ..
- Cavero S, Chahwan C, Russell P. Xlf1 is required for DNA repair by nonhomologous end joining in Schizosaccharomyces pombe. Genetics. 2007;175:963-7 pubmed..Xlf1 is the ortholog of budding yeast Nej1 and human XLF/Cernunnos proteins. ..
- Cho N, Wang G, Edvardsson M, Glenn J, Hook F, Frank C. Alpha-helical peptide-induced vesicle rupture revealing new insight into the vesicle fusion process as monitored in situ by quartz crystal microbalance-dissipation and reflectometry. Anal Chem. 2009;81:4752-61 pubmed publisher..On the basis of this information, a mechanism of this structural transformation is proposed that provides new insight into the process of vesicle fusion on solid substrates...
- Fukuda M, Yoneyama T. Identification of carbohydrate-binding proteins by carbohydrate mimicry peptides. Methods Enzymol. 2010;478:563-72 pubmed publisher..In this chapter, we introduce methods for carbohydrate mimicry peptide affinity chromatographies and discuss their potential use in identifying yet undiscovered carbohydrate-binding proteins in normal and pathological conditions. ..
- Shimizu C, Kim J, Stepanowsky P, Trinh C, Lau H, Akers J, et al. Differential expression of miR-145 in children with Kawasaki disease. PLoS ONE. 2013;8:e58159 pubmed publisher..If the predicted target genes are confirmed, our findings suggest a model of Kawasaki disease pathogenesis whereby miR-145 modulates TGF-? signaling in the arterial wall. ..
- Lehmann J, Zhang X, Pfahl M. RAR gamma 2 expression is regulated through a retinoic acid response element embedded in Sp1 sites. Mol Cell Biol. 1992;12:2976-85 pubmed..Cotransfected Sp1 enhanced strongly the activity of gamma 2 promoter reporter constructs in Drosophila cells. Our data suggest an important role for RAR-containing heterodimers and Sp1 in the regulation of RAR gamma 2 expression. ..
- Wong G, Muller O, Clark R, Conroy L, Moran M, Polakis P, et al. Molecular cloning and nucleic acid binding properties of the GAP-associated tyrosine phosphoprotein p62. Cell. 1992;69:551-8 pubmed..These data suggest that p120-GAP and p62 play a role in some aspect of mRNA processing or utilization and that this role may be regulated by tyrosine phosphorylation, and indirectly, by p21ras. ..
- Lee E, Kornberg A. Features of replication fork blockage by the Escherichia coli terminus-binding protein. J Biol Chem. 1992;267:8778-84 pubmed..The ter sequences of plasmids R1-terR and -terL and of plasmids R6K and R100 have been compared with those of E. coli-terA and -terB. ..
- Alley M, Maddock J, Shapiro L. Polar localization of a bacterial chemoreceptor. Genes Dev. 1992;6:825-36 pubmed
- Xing Z, Whitton J. Ribozymes which cleave arenavirus RNAs: identification of susceptible target sites and inhibition by target site secondary structure. J Virol. 1992;66:1361-9 pubmed..Here we show that AUC, CUC, and AUU are alternative sites which can be cleaved by trans-acting ribozymes. This finding is important given the aforementioned restriction of available sites, imposed by secondary structure. ..
- Barnett M, Long S. DNA sequence and translational product of a new nodulation-regulatory locus: syrM has sequence similarity to NodD proteins. J Bacteriol. 1990;172:3695-700 pubmed..Expression from this locus was confirmed by using in vitro transcription-translation assays. The open reading frame encoded a protein of either 33 or 36 kilodaltons whose sequence shows similarity to NodD regulatory proteins...
- Navre M, Ringold G. A growth factor-repressible gene associated with protein kinase C-mediated inhibition of adipocyte differentiation. J Cell Biol. 1988;107:279-86 pubmed..It appears that clone 5 expression is closely linked to environmental and hormonal factors that promote the differentiation of adipogenic cells. ..
- Goldstein L, Zhou D, Picker L, Minty C, Bargatze R, Ding J, et al. A human lymphocyte homing receptor, the hermes antigen, is related to cartilage proteoglycan core and link proteins. Cell. 1989;56:1063-72 pubmed..Thus gp90Hermes represents a novel class of integral membrane protein involved in lymphocyte-endothelial cell interactions and lymphocyte homing. ..
- Hollmann M, O Shea Greenfield A, Rogers S, Heinemann S. Cloning by functional expression of a member of the glutamate receptor family. Nature. 1989;342:643-8 pubmed
- Kopito R, Lee B, Simmons D, Lindsey A, Morgans C, Schneider K. Regulation of intracellular pH by a neuronal homolog of the erythrocyte anion exchanger. Cell. 1989;59:927-37 pubmed..The NH2-terminal domain may play a role in regulating the activity of the exchanger and may be involved in the structural organization of the cytoskeleton in neurons. ..
- Beachy P, Krasnow M, Gavis E, Hogness D. An Ultrabithorax protein binds sequences near its own and the Antennapedia P1 promoters. Cell. 1988;55:1069-81 pubmed..These results suggest that the regulatory activities of Ubx are direct and are mediated by binding of Ubx proteins to promoter region sequences. ..
- Wetsel R, Lemons R, Le Beau M, Barnum S, Noack D, Tack B. Molecular analysis of human complement component C5: localization of the structural gene to chromosome 9. Biochemistry. 1988;27:1474-82 pubmed..In situ chromosomal hybridization studies employing metaphase cells further localized the gene to bands 9q32-34, with the largest cluster of grains at 9q34.1. ..
- Sullivan J, Traynelis S, Chen H, Escobar W, Heinemann S, Lipton S. Identification of two cysteine residues that are required for redox modulation of the NMDA subtype of glutamate receptor. Neuron. 1994;13:929-36 pubmed..Redox modulation of heteromeric NR1-NR2A receptors appeared to be different from that of the other heteromeric receptors, indicating the presence of one or more unique redox modulatory sites on NR1-NR2A receptors. ..
- McCarter L. MotX, the channel component of the sodium-type flagellar motor. J Bacteriol. 1994;176:5988-98 pubmed
- Mondesert O, Moreno S, Russell P. Low molecular weight protein-tyrosine phosphatases are highly conserved between fission yeast and man. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:27996-9 pubmed..Disruption of stp1+ causes no obvious phenotype. The fact that Stp1 homologs are highly conserved between yeast and man suggests that they have important functions. ..
- Smith M, Clark S, Hutchinson J, Wei Y, Churukian A, Daniels L, et al. A sequence-tagged site map of human chromosome 11. Genomics. 1993;17:699-725 pubmed..Computer analysis of this sequence has identified and therefore mapped at least eight new genes on chromosome 11. ..
- Beutler E, Gelbart T, West C. Identification of six new Gaucher disease mutations. Genomics. 1993;15:203-5 pubmed..All but one of these were found in single families. The 1604A mutation, however, was observed in four unrelated individuals. ..
- Poon R, Toyoshima H, Hunter T. Redistribution of the CDK inhibitor p27 between different cyclin.CDK complexes in the mouse fibroblast cell cycle and in cells arrested with lovastatin or ultraviolet irradiation. Mol Biol Cell. 1995;6:1197-213 pubmed..It is likely that a similar principle of redistribution of p27 is used by the cell in other instances of cell cycle arrest. ..
- Hammond M, Shyamala V, Siani M, Gallegos C, Feucht P, Abbott J, et al. Receptor recognition and specificity of interleukin-8 is determined by residues that cluster near a surface-accessible hydrophobic pocket. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:8228-35 pubmed..Thus this region contains a second site for IL-8 receptor recognition that, in combination with the Glu4-Leu5-Arg6 region, can modulate receptor binding affinity and IL8R1 specificity. ..
- Ueba T, Kaspar B, Zhao X, Gage F. Repression of human fibroblast growth factor 2 by a novel transcription factor. J Biol Chem. 1999;274:10382-7 pubmed..Overexpression of RFT-A induces glioma cell death. Our data suggest that regulation of FGF-2 by RFT is important for cellular functions and may be impaired in certain tumors. ..
- Liu L, Smith J. Identification of ADAM 31: a protein expressed in Leydig cells and specialized epithelia. Endocrinology. 2000;141:2033-42 pubmed..Furthermore, ADAM 31 is highly expressed on four types of specialized epithelia: the cauda epididymidis, the vas deferens, the convoluted tubules of the kidney, and the parietal cells of the stomach. ..
- Robinson D, Spudich J. Dynacortin, a genetic link between equatorial contractility and global shape control discovered by library complementation of a Dictyostelium discoideum cytokinesis mutant. J Cell Biol. 2000;150:823-38 pubmed
- Garber M, Mayall T, Suess E, Meisenhelder J, Thompson N, Jones K. CDK9 autophosphorylation regulates high-affinity binding of the human immunodeficiency virus type 1 tat-P-TEFb complex to TAR RNA. Mol Cell Biol. 2000;20:6958-69 pubmed..Taken together, these results demonstrate that CDK9 phosphorylation is required for high-affinity binding of Tat-P-TEFb to TAR RNA and that the state of P-TEFb phosphorylation may regulate Tat transactivation in vivo. ..
- Kast P, Grisostomi C, Chen I, Li S, Krengel U, Xue Y, et al. A strategically positioned cation is crucial for efficient catalysis by chorismate mutase. J Biol Chem. 2000;275:36832-8 pubmed..The implications of this finding for the mechanism of all natural chorismate mutases and for the design of artificial catalysts are discussed. ..
- Nielsen P, Beahm D, Giepmans B, Baruch A, Hall J, Kumar N. Molecular cloning, functional expression, and tissue distribution of a novel human gap junction-forming protein, connexin-31.9. Interaction with zona occludens protein-1. J Biol Chem. 2002;277:38272-83 pubmed..9 expression to vascular smooth muscle cells. Furthermore, it was demonstrated that Cx31.9 interacted with ZO-1. Thus, Cx31.9 represents a novel connexin gene that in vivo generates a protein with unique voltage gating properties. ..
- Farkas R, Giansanti M, Gatti M, Fuller M. The Drosophila Cog5 homologue is required for cytokinesis, cell elongation, and assembly of specialized Golgi architecture during spermatogenesis. Mol Biol Cell. 2003;14:190-200 pubmed..Our study suggests that Drosophila spermatogenesis can be an effective sensitized genetic system to uncover in vivo functions for proteins involved in Golgi architecture and/or vesicle transport. ..
- Do C, Mahabhashyam M, Brudno M, Batzoglou S. ProbCons: Probabilistic consistency-based multiple sequence alignment. Genome Res. 2005;15:330-40 pubmed..On the BAliBASE, SABmark, and PREFAB benchmark alignment databases, ProbCons achieves statistically significant improvement over other leading methods while maintaining practical speed. ProbCons is publicly available as a Web resource. ..
- Shibagaki N, Grossman A. The role of the STAS domain in the function and biogenesis of a sulfate transporter as probed by random mutagenesis. J Biol Chem. 2006;281:22964-73 pubmed..These results suggest that the STAS domain is critical for both the activity and biosynthesis/stability of the transporter, and that STAS sub-domains correlate with these specific functions. ..
- Saddic L, West L, Aslanian A, Yates J, Rubin S, Gozani O, et al. Methylation of the retinoblastoma tumor suppressor by SMYD2. J Biol Chem. 2010;285:37733-40 pubmed publisher..These results support the idea that a code of post-translational modifications exists for RB and helps guide its functions in mammalian cells. ..
- Yu H, Nam J, Miller N, Tanjoni I, Walsh C, Shi L, et al. p190RhoGEF (Rgnef) promotes colon carcinoma tumor progression via interaction with focal adhesion kinase. Cancer Res. 2011;71:360-70 pubmed publisher..Our studies identify Rgnef as a novel regulator of colon carcinoma motility and invasion, and they show that a Rgnef-FAK linkage promotes colon carcinoma progression in vivo. ..
- Xu Q, van Wezel G, Chiu H, Jaroszewski L, Klock H, Knuth M, et al. Structure of an MmyB-like regulator from C. aurantiacus, member of a new transcription factor family linked to antibiotic metabolism in actinomycetes. PLoS ONE. 2012;7:e41359 pubmed publisher..A model for signal-triggered DNA-binding by MltR is proposed...
- Latour D, Mohan S, Linkhart T, Baylink D, Strong D. Inhibitory insulin-like growth factor-binding protein: cloning, complete sequence, and physiological regulation. Mol Endocrinol. 1990;4:1806-14 pubmed..hIGFBP-4 mRNA was also expressed in skin fibroblasts, and thus, this inhibitory IGFBP could be an important physiological regulator of IGF actions in bone cells and other cell types as well. ..
- Frankel G, Newton S, Schoolnik G, Stocker B. Unique sequences in region VI of the flagellin gene of Salmonella typhi. Mol Microbiol. 1989;3:1379-83 pubmed..typhi species with flagellar antigen d. The difference in amino acid sequence in segment VI may be responsible for the minor serological differences between antigens d of S. typhi and antigen d of S. muenchen...
- Ben Chetrit E, Gandy B, Tan E, Sullivan K. Isolation and characterization of a cDNA clone encoding the 60-kD component of the human SS-A/Ro ribonucleoprotein autoantigen. J Clin Invest. 1989;83:1284-92 pubmed..The availability of the 60-kD SS-A/Ro cDNA will enable detailed analysis of the molecular structure and function of the SS-A/Ro RNP particle and its role in autoimmune pathology. ..
- Esch F, Shimasaki S, Mercado M, Cooksey K, Ling N, Ying S, et al. Structural characterization of follistatin: a novel follicle-stimulating hormone release-inhibiting polypeptide from the gonad. Mol Endocrinol. 1987;1:849-55 pubmed
- Leonard J, Peers B, Johnson T, Ferreri K, Lee S, Montminy M. Characterization of somatostatin transactivating factor-1, a novel homeobox factor that stimulates somatostatin expression in pancreatic islet cells. Mol Endocrinol. 1993;7:1275-83 pubmed
- Reed M, Leff S. Maternal imprinting of human SNRPN, a gene deleted in Prader-Willi syndrome. Nat Genet. 1994;6:163-7 pubmed..Maternal imprinting of SNRPN supports the hypothesis that paternal absence of SNRPN is responsible for the PWS phenotype. ..
- Kamata T, Wright R, Takada Y. Critical threonine and aspartic acid residues within the I domains of beta 2 integrins for interactions with intercellular adhesion molecule 1 (ICAM-1) and C3bi. J Biol Chem. 1995;270:12531-5 pubmed..These data suggest that these Thr and Asp residues, conserved among I domains, are critical for interaction with structurally distinct ligands (e.g. ICAMs, C3bi, and collagen). ..
- Ware J, Russell S, Marchese P, Murata M, Mazzucato M, De Marco L, et al. Point mutation in a leucine-rich repeat of platelet glycoprotein Ib alpha resulting in the Bernard-Soulier syndrome. J Clin Invest. 1993;92:1213-20 pubmed
- Mackman N. Protease inhibitors block lipopolysaccharide induction of tissue factor gene expression in human monocytic cells by preventing activation of c-Rel/p65 heterodimers. J Biol Chem. 1994;269:26363-7 pubmed..Taken together, these data indicated that inhibiting nuclear translocation of c-Rel/p65 heterodimers prevented LPS induction of TF gene transcription in monocytic cells. ..
- Rhodes K, Rippe R, Umezawa A, Nehls M, Brenner D, Breindl M. DNA methylation represses the murine alpha 1(I) collagen promoter by an indirect mechanism. Mol Cell Biol. 1994;14:5950-60 pubmed
- Ioannou P, Amemiya C, Garnes J, Kroisel P, Shizuya H, Chen C, et al. A new bacteriophage P1-derived vector for the propagation of large human DNA fragments. Nat Genet. 1994;6:84-9 pubmed..Similarly, no insert instability has been observed after extended culturing, for 20 clones. We conclude that the PAC cloning system will be useful in the mapping and detailed analysis of complex genomes...
- Nakayama J, Fukuda M, Hirabayashi Y, Kanamori A, Sasaki K, Nishi T, et al. Expression cloning of a human GT3 synthase. GD3 AND GT3 are synthesized by a single enzyme. J Biol Chem. 1996;271:3684-91 pubmed..Taken together, these results indicate that C series polysialogangliosides are synthesized by a ganglioside-specific polysialyltransferase, GD3/GT3ST, that is specifically expressed in neural tissues. ..